Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Zyrtec Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zyrtec?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zyrtec?

Original review: May 30, 2020

Good allergy pill, usually last 12 or more hours. Doesn't make you restless and keeps you pretty clear. I would recommend taking first thing in the morning. My allergies are pretty bad in the late afternoon so I try to take in the morning so the medicine is in place during the worst of the day.

Original review: May 30, 2020

My recommendation is for the brand rapid release gels which work within 15 min for systemic dangerous allergies and also for chronic urticaria in standard forms which many other brands dont treat and it is less sedating for me and I had no heart side effects. It will still cause dry mouth etc as you get older or if you are sensitive. Price sales frequent.

Get buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: May 29, 2020

Zyrtec is very easy to take, melts in your mouth. It does wonders. Helps with itchy eyes, stuffy nose and congestion. I take it at night before bed when I need it and sleep very well. Allergies can get really bad here in Florida. They should make a non drowsy formula so you can take it in the daytime. It is a bit pricey but works well so I can’t complain.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Zyrtec has been my go-to allergy medication for many years, and I have a long history of severe allergy symptoms. It relieves all my symptoms, from sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and fatigue, without any noticeable side-effects. Other meds make me drowsy. It is a bit more expensive than others and I used to get it through a prescription. Now that it is OTC and demand is high, I think the company should reduce the price more significantly.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have been taking Zyrtec for my allergies for many years. It really helps me in preventing sinus infections caused by allergies. I have had few problems with my allergies since taking Zyrtec. However, it did not help my daughter with her sneezing. But her boyfriend did well with it due to his allergies to our dogs.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Zyrtec is the only allergy medication that I found really works for me. I’ve tried a lot of other pills and they don’t work as well as this one. I’ve heard Flonase works well also, but have never tried it.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I have found this product to be very effective for my seasonal allergies. I take at night and it lasts all to next day. Because I take at night I don't notice any drowsiness side effect. It prevents itchy, watery eyes and sneezing during this high pollen season.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I have major allergies, I have been using Zyrtec for ten years. I find the medication works quickly and is long acting. I would be an absolute wreck without it. I highly recommend this medication to anyone with seasonal allergies.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I’ve tried other allergy meds and Zyrtec is so much better. It doesn’t make me drowsy, doesn’t dry my throat out and doesn’t upset my stomach. I don’t have to take it with food. Really improved my life! So nice to not be coughing all the time due to drainage.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Zyrtec works ok but it doesn't really control all of my allergy symptoms. By the evening my nose is running again along with itchy eyes and other symptoms. I often find myself taking extra medicine such as Benadryl.

Zyrtec author review by ConsumerAffairs

Available in tablet, gel cap, dissolving tablet and children’s syrup form, Zyrtec is an antihistamine that works within one hour of dosage to reduce the effects of natural chemical histamine in the bodies of adults and children. Zyrtec is available without a prescription at major pharmacies and retail chains nationwide.

• Wide availability: Allergy sufferers can find relief without making a visit to the doctor’s office since Zyrtec is available at major pharmacies and stores without a prescription. Consumers can also buy Zyrtec online at several major retailers.

• Zyrtec app: Download the Zyrtec app for free on your mobile device to get updated allergy forecasts, keep track of your symptoms and find out how the pollen count is affecting allergy sufferers in your part of town. You can also customize your notifications to be alerted whenever pollen is high in your location.

• Allergy resources: Visit Zyrtec’s webpage for information on how to minimize indoor allergies, how to deal with allergies to dogs and other furry animals and more.

• Available for children: Children as young as two years old who suffer from allergies can find relief with Zyrtec’s specially formulated children’s dissolving tablets or syrup. Consult with your child’s pediatrician before using on a child younger than two years old.

• Indoor and outdoor relief: Zyrtec can relieve both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms, so you only need to take one pill instead of several to effectively manage all of your allergy symptoms.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team