3.86/5
  • 1 star
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 17, 2017

101 Zicam Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I like Zicam nose spray and use it when I’ve been exposed to colds or flu. It doesn’t burn and I never noticed any adverse reactions to it. Most other meds either make me drowsy or wired. Zicam does neither. This week, my daughter got a terrible sinus infection that resulted in her passing out at work. I thought I felt the symptoms coming on and took Zicam as directed and never got sick. I started recommending it to others. I got a minor nosebleed a few days ago, but it stopped quickly. Then last night, blood started pouring out of my nose and I couldn’t get it to stop. I was home alone and everybody I know is sick, so I decided to drive myself to an emergency room.

I have OnStar, so I asked them for directions to the nearest hospital, because I was so freaked out, I couldn’t remember. They said I shouldn’t drive and called an ambulance. The nosebleed started to dry up by the time they arrived. That’s how I found myself at 1 AM standing in my garage with 6 EMTs chatting about nosebleeds. One of them reminded me that we’re in a drought and the air is super dry. That alone can cause a nosebleed. That’s when I remembered Zicam. I’m going to get checked out by a physician, but I think I overdid it with Zicam. This is not a complaint, just a caution to others.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have used the Zicam throat lozenges with help to soothe my throat and also serve to help clear my nasal passage to aid in breathing and they taste great. I didn't choose it for any specific reason the first time but now I go back to it because it works well for me. My allergies were relieved and I felt more relaxed. I experienced no side effects too. But there should be more flavors or possibly some stronger varieties to help people with more intense allergies.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Zicam was recommended by my pharmacist. Other medications, my family or friends have described some pretty awful side effects, but I haven't heard anything bad about Zicam like I've heard about prescriptions and other over the counter meds. I also love that you don't need a prescription, and you don't need to see a doctor to get it. It's very easy and simple to just walk into Rite Aid and buy it over the counter instead of dealing with doctors and insurance. But have it come in a stronger dosage. I know sometimes by the end of the day, if I've been out all day, I'll start having problems again and I don't like to take it twice. I get scared about the effects of taking too much if I take more when the first dose wears off.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It helps relieve my seasonal allergies without making me drowsy or tired. It does so at an affordable price no matter where I buy it. Zicam helps to keep my nose from running. It also relieves my red, itchy eyes and soothes them. It protects against coughing & sneezing attacks and allows me to go outside without the fear of the reoccurring worry about my seasonal allergies.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I like all the aspects of this medication and the great results. Zicam is a great relief for seasonal allergies and I use it regularly. It is fast and really relieves the allergy and the symptoms. It is safe, easy to use and can be taken anywhere that I am in pain and discomfort of seasonal allergies. Before Zicam I tried several others but none of them gave the relief and long lasting help for allergies. After using it the first time it made me feel better in no time and I did not experience any side effects with this medication.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zicam?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It works fast and the pills are small. I was happy about how quickly the symptoms stopped being so unbearable. I am a loyal buyer now because of it. I didn't really have bad side effects and it took care of my sniffle. I was hoping though they would help me sleep and get rid of my runny nose. It helped get rid of the runny nose but didn't really help me sleep. Overall I like Zicam and I will definitely use it again in the future although it was a little on the expensive end of OTC medicine. I only buy it when I truly need relief.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Zicam was easy to use and it is also reasonably priced which is hard to find when getting over the counter medication for allergies. They have a few different forms of use like pill form or spray form. My doctor suggested using a spray so the medicine doesn't have to be processed by my liver but just goes directly to the source of the irritation. Zicam was fine to use, I found that if I used it every day it was effective for treating my symptoms which usually consist of headaches and sneezing. I don't usually have the watery eyes or runny nose but I'm sure it would help with those symptoms too.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like Zicam for many reasons but the most important is it is extremely fast acting. When you wake up and have life to live you don't want to be under the weather any longer than you have to be and Zicam makes that happen. It is my day to day medicine and it is the best on the market by far and has the perfect price range. This medicine completely met my expectations. Other brand either work well or are fast acting and this does both equally as good.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The product gave me a quicker relief timeline than some of the others and fewer side effects. Over the counter medications are a trying experience and you must try them to see if you like them. I have tried others with little effect or extensive side effects. Felt OK after taking Zicam, however some drowsiness. Also some uncomfortable side effects, such as a slight not normal feeling if taken at bedtime, when waking in AM slightly disoriented. I was affected by the drug not as quickly as I would like and different timeframe each time I used it. Would like to be better able to predict the length of time it will take to get relief and how long that will be effective.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Zicam was recommended to me by a family member and that's why I chose it. I didn't really believe the hype but it works and it works quickly. I didn't experience any side effects and it doesn't make me drowsy like other medications. I am always able to relieve my seasonal allergies and I'm one satisfied customer! The price is a little high but it is very much worth it and I will continue to buy it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Zicam helps to stop my sneezing and runny nose. It gives me a chance to breathe better and it also helps me get rest when I can't sleep because of the pollen and dust. It gave me instant relief in about 10 minutes after taking it. The others made me drowsy when I sampled one from one of my friends. Zicam meets my expectations. Sometimes I felt energetic but other times drowsy. If you don't eat before you take it you get nauseated. Also I think you need to be able to get more than six tablets in a package. Those only last for three days and then you have to go back and buy more when the allergies start acting up again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was not feeling well one day, and I was going to just live with the discomfort. Zicam was recommended to me by a co-worker and I felt good after using it, it did not make me tired, and I felt like there were no side effects. I love that Zicam is a very convenient medication that I can get over-the-counter. It is packaged well, easy to open and easy to dose. The orange and white is very easy to recognize, so that I am not digging all over my medicine cabinet to find what I am looking for. It works but sometimes Zicam is difficult to find stocked in stores near me, and I never find coupons. I sometimes pick certain medication based on coupons that I find in the Sunday paper.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My experience with Zicam wasn't very pleasant. It was a name brand medicine that I have seen advertisements for. It has a nice logo that grabbed my attention and looked nicer compared to other medicines in the aisle. But when I used Zicam nasal spray it burned and hurt so much it made me tear up. It brought some relief but then made my nose itchy. A couple of hours after using the spray I developed a sore throat and the itching inside my nose lasted for a while after one use. I would try to improve the side effects of the spray and decrease the burning sensation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

When I'm having an allergy attack, I want the fastest relief possible. I chose Zicam when I was seriously congested and my nasal passages were swollen after I had a long sneezing fit. I like how all the products provide a quick, almost immediate relief to my allergies when I need it most. I first tried the Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief and I was surprised at how fast it worked and the fact that the no-drip gel actually didn't drip! I use these products regularly and I am absolutely satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

So far Zicam has been the most powerful and fastest acting medication I've tried. It works extremely well. It was also easy to take, a dissolvable tablet and pleasant taste. No side effects. Will typically buy it when I need relief from severe symptoms. Nasal spray also worked very fast. It tingled a little but is only unpleasant for a few seconds and worth it for the results. The cost is high, but is worth it if allergies are very severe.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Zicam is a fast acting and powerful medication that really helps with my seasonal allergies and I never have to worry about it wearing off in the middle of having my daily fun outdoors. It's very reliable and has great price and quality. I tried other and they were not as helpful or easy to take and it lasts a long time and it truly works. I highly recommend it to others. They will enjoy it as much as I have.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I chose it because other people told me it was good and because it looked like it would do what I needed it to do. It was useful to clear up nasal issues, headaches and phlegm/sinus pressures during allergy season. But I experienced side effects from it, so I don't use it anymore. I'd take it and it would get rid of all my symptoms, but then I would feel really sick to my stomach and throw up from time to time. It was a really big challenge for the brief period I took the medication.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I like that Zicam works instantly after taking it and without all the drowsiness I get from other allergy medications. I never would have thought that I would ever find an allergy medication that works so good. I have tried so many that when my primary physician had recommended Zicam I didn't believe what he was saying at first. Now I thank him all the time and wonder why he didn't recommend it sooner. It is a truly amazing medication to take for allergies and has met my expectations plus so much more. I know several people who uses it also. My experience with Zicam has so far been great and the only thing I would change about it is its price.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Zicam did not work for me or help me at all. I still experienced all of my allergy symptoms. My eyes still watered and itched, and I still sneezed uncontrollably. I was disappointed, as it had been recommend by some family members. I tried it for about a week and it may need to be in a different format to work better. The only thing I liked was that it was a nasal spray but I would not buy Zicam again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I suffer from year round problems with nasal congestion and I was trying to find a product that works for me. Zicam does not work for me and I don't like it. It does not relieve my nasal congestion and I have to use other products to help me be able to breathe through my nose. I am searching for a new product that relieves my nasal congestion on a long term basis.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I tried Zicam after trying some other over the counter medications that just didn't seem to be working fast or good enough for me at the time. It works to help stop the problems that allergy symptoms can cause during seasonal weather. It works pretty quickly to stop whatever is bothering me at the time before taking it. I felt better after using it and there were no side effects. I guess it could act a little faster or last a little longer than what it does. It would also be nice if the price of it could be lower also or add more of the product for the price.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I never really got sick but I like to use Zicam if I feel like I'm getting a cold. I first used this product because it was on sale. I took it and it seemed to work really good. I've only taken the Rapidmelts and I've never had any side effects. If I was getting a cold it never really got worse and symptoms only lasted about a day. It's usually one of my go-to products but if there's a product similar with a lower price, then I'll buy the cheaper product. Lowering the price would be nice.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I like Zicam because it's fast acting and it last a long time. I work in a place where there is a lot of dirt and dust and ZICAM helps me make it through the day. It work for me when I'm outside working in the yard or in the garage under my car. I also have lots of pets 2 dogs and one cat and have never have one issue with Zicam. The price point is fair for the size of the bottle and the dose last a long time. I have been use this product for a while with no issues.

But maybe offer larger quantities for a better price or maybe more mailing offers and coupons. I also don't like the color scheme that is on the bottle and the company logo is just "OK". And it would be nice if there was a way to order directly from the company at a discount or on auto reorder. Other than that, this product really does the job and I will use it as long as the Quality is good and the price is right. It one of the best products that I have ever used and I have suggested this to all of my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I chose it at first to try something new and to test its effectiveness. I was surprised by how well it worked and it had no side effects. Since the first time I've used it, I've found myself picking this medicine more and more over the course of the last year. I like the ease of use and how quickly it begins working. It seems to cover all the symptoms that any other medicine does and then some. It also works just as good and better on some of them. However, an increased dosage would help "seal the deal" as far as any breakthrough symptoms.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

It works the best for me and my allergies unlike other brands I have tried in the past years or months. Excellent price and works instantly all day long. I have used it many times. Number one recommended in my book anytime.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Zicam is a good product. The product relieves my stuffy in short amount of time. It relaxes my sinus cavities. It also relieves my watering eyes. I feel better after taking the product. The medication met my expectations. There were no side effects. The product is expensive though, and it is also messy. The product is hard to put in your purse. I prefer pills instead of snorting the liquid. The pills are better for being on the go. There are better brands on the market.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I took Zicam for a month and still had sneezing, runny nose and it wouldn't last the prescribed amount of time it stated on the package. It was new and I felt that it would work great and it didn't. I gave it one month before switching over to another brand of allergy med. I felt that the money paid was not worth wasting on the product and the commercials on t.v. were false and I was not impressed. If I could improve anything with it, it would be to have it work for the prescribed hours and do a complete job of drying me out. I had a kidney transplant and need to be careful of what I use. I like the alternatives to taking it, liquid, nasal swabs, etc. and I also like the fact that is a homeopathic brand. I had a couple of friends that use it and they say it works great for them. Perhaps those don't work well on me and I need something stronger?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have never tried Zicam and wanted to see if it was a good product. I like that it helps with sore throat, runny nose, and congestion and that they have different products like nasal spray and swabs that can be used by myself or by my son. But there are some side effects associated with it because sometimes I feel a little drowsy when I take it and it doesn't always help with my watery or itchy eyes that are associated with my seasonal allergies.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Zicam has clinically been proven to shorten symptoms and has a reliable ingredient base that makes it work faster without much drowsiness and bed time, has many different products that can help and alleviate problem faster. It was recommended by a close friend and so I tried and saw results overnight with less cough and congestion and could breathe a lot better and less impact when I went outside around the allergens that initiate the cough in first place. I just wish Zicam would come in a few more flavors to make the taste seem better as it goes down, no matter what product I choose and that way no mediciny aftertaste or need for water to combat it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

A family member recommended this product to me and it exceeded my expectations. I like the Zicam because it worked on my allergy symptoms. I have also tried it for colds and it really gave me relief. I also like that the Zicam tablets are quick dissolving. I will continue to use this product.

Zicam expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zicam makes and sells products that relieve allergy and cold symptoms in adults and children 12 and older. Their allergy products include Nasal Swabs and No-Drip Liquid® Nasal Gel™.  Zicam’s Nasal Swabs are only available at CVS, and their No-Drip Liquid® Nasal Gel™ is available at major national retailers online and in-store.

• Non-drowsy: Zicam’s allergy relief products are non-drowsy, so you can find relief without worrying about getting drowsy during the day.

• Unique formulas: Zicam’s allergy relief formulas are unique in that they specifically provide relief to the nasal passages. These are ideal for people who suffer from nasal allergy symptoms, and the no-drip formula ensures that the gel won’t drip down your throat after application.

• Zicam newsletter: Sign up for the Zicam newsletter to receive quarterly news, promotions, coupons and more. It’s free and only takes a minute to register.

• Facebook promotions: Follow Zicam on Facebook to have a chance of winning prizes and hearing about special promotions first. You can also use Facebook to communicate with Zicam directly. They typically respond to comments privately and efficiently.

• Cold and sinus relief: In addition to allergy relief, Zicam has products for cold and sinus relief, so you can use one brand for all of your cold, sinus and allergy needs. Their children’s cold medicine is made for children ages 6-11.

• Best for: Zicam is best for adults who suffer from nasal allergies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs