Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5
Based on 1,803 ratings submitted in the last year

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: July 2, 2016

Recently I had a medication filled at my local Walgreens. Found the number of pills was less than half the amount supposed to be in the bottle. I called customer service, whereupon I was informed they had verified the count prior to me picking up the medication. Unfortunately this is not the first time this has occurred, and in both instances it was pain medication. Their lack of interest in my situation was increased upon their flippant attitude, insisting "they" were right, and I was the one who was mistaken. Thank you for your time, and I hope this will be of some assistance to others.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I was in there shopping a few days ago. I went to check out. The cashier was leaning over saying "yuck". I thought maybe she had seen a spider or something. I waited. I then witnessed her putting her socks and shoes into a shopping bag putting flip flops on her feet!! She put one of her feet up on the bag stand. Continued touching her feet. During this transaction she was rude, but this is not my issue. She proceeded to TOUCH my beverages with her hands that she did not wash. Nor did she sanitize, since touching her feet. I contacted Walgreens customer service twice since this incident and have not received one reply back. This is a sanitation and safety concern. Not to mention that this company does not care to reply to its customer's concerns.

Original review: June 26, 2016

I had the worst experience at this Walgreens. Searching for Wild Adventure tickets at a discount I called and was told that they sold the tickets there. I was sold the wrong tickets instead was sold Adventure Landing Waterpark. I called to see if they could return my money. The manager would not even come out and talk to me I had to talk to a associate. I return within minutes and was rudely told that they would not return my money.

I called customer service and even the company that issued the tickets. I called another Walgreens and they said that the store I brought them should refund my money back. I also found out that Walgreens don't even sell Wild Adventure tickets. In my opinion I would dare shop at this store or go there to buy any type of theme park tickets. The bad thing about this situation is my children missed out on their church outing this weekend. So please just buy online or even 7 days in advance tickets online, I should've done that in the beginning.

Original review: June 24, 2016

Up until today, I would have given this Walgreens 5 stars. I am a very loyal regular of this Walgreens pharmacy in which I get my medication for my ADD. Got my monthly prescription this past Monday - as I do every month. It wasn't until last night that I noticed the bottle seemed a little low. I administered a count and the bottle was exactly 30 pills short of the 60 total pills I should have been given for the month. I was shorted by half! I didn't think to count the pills when picking up because I've been going to this pharmacy for a few years now and have never had any issues. It's just become so routine for me.

Considering I'm an event planner with very little additional time on my hands, I have been very loyal and in a sense reliant on this location because it has always been quick, easy and painless... which is SO crucial for me. Needless to say I became anxious because of the strict regulations on this particular medication and I already knew it was a possibility that the pharmacy was going to tell me that there is nothing they can do and I would end up having to deal with being shorted.

I did go in to the store immediately after I noticed I was shorted and spoke with the pharmacist working at that time. The pharmacist was very helpful in my cause... She even counted the inventory and it was apparently spot on... of course! She recommended that I come in the next morning when the pharmacy manager was on duty and speak with her. I did exactly that. I walked up to the counter and the pharmacy manager already knew who I was and immediately mentioned that the inventory was counted and it was spot on. Kudos to them for efficiency but that doesn't solve the issue of me being shorted by half of the prescription.

No one stole my pills... I keep them very secure. I don't abuse these pills by any means - as I have never asked for additional pills or asked for pills early. My dosage has been exactly the same for years. I've even dropped my prescription off when they did not have my medication in stock and was willing to wait a few days until they were back in stock, just so I wouldn't have to deal with going somewhere else so my record is completely clean and consistent. I mention this to the pharmacy manager and all she can say is "Exactly, you've never had any problems here." This was incredibly frustrating!

The message in that tells me: A) It's a mistake on their end that they can't immediately see - and/or - they feel they are right in this situation and not willing to look into it. B) Some serious shady business is happening at this pharmacy and they are covering it up (my personal opinion). I called Walgreens corporate to see if there is anything they can do. Apparently it can be a couple of days before I hear back from someone. A HUGE inconvenience considering it's dealing with my mental health and I am going to be out of my medication for 2 weeks. This could not happen at a worst time considering all of the projects I am working on and how focused I need to be in the next few weeks.

Thanks Walgreens for the HUGE frustration and for treating me like I am some sort of liar or abuser, even after being as loyal of a customer as I have been... For as long as I have been. We will see what the outcome is from corporate. I can only imagine how many people this pharmacy is slighting. Count your pills if you go to this pharmacy or simply just take your business somewhere else. I know I will be.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Had a tech try to tell me ** is a schedule II narcotic, when it's a schedule V. Keep insisting it was. Pharmacist told me he was discontinuing my pain meds because I didn't need them. Told let me break your neck a C1, C2 level with multiple surgeries. She claimed since I could walk I didn't need. Who are these people? I been with them 3 months and they are doctors without an exam? Guess this is my fault for wanting to save time in traffic. Going back to my old pharmacy now. Wow Walgreens love your business model. "We know more than doctors and patients" expect you all to fail soon you greedy buttheads. Yeah you online check out 80 million dollar scam and your new secret plan to be doctors.

Original review: June 18, 2016

I am on pain medication due to a back injury I sustained in an accident at work. I have been on this medication now for a couple of years and am slowly weaning myself off of it at my own pace which is fine with my doctor. Walgreens has filled this prescription for me for a good year. My local Walgreens closed down. I drive to the next closest Walgreens and tell them this same story and ask that they please fill my prescription. I tell them that I have severe back pain and if I do not get my medication I will go through withdraws and can get very sick even possibly die.

No - they don't care - they tell me this medication is addicting and bad for me?? Really - "I have a doctor but thank you and I know that, but I have a valid prescription - you can call my doctor." I need my medication. No - they don't like that my doctor prescribed this for me so they don't want to talk to him. IS THIS LEGAL??? I thought they took orders from the doctors and just filled it. Obviously Walgreens has drive through doctors now who won't fill your prescription if they don't like the medication you're on. Am I in America?? What the **? Walgreens I hope you know that one day someone is going to really take you up on this and I hope you lose your **!!!

Original review: June 16, 2016

My name is Pastor Rita **. I have put up with Walgreens many years but moving to Las Vegas is really bad! I attempted to fill my ** 5 mg at Walgreens. I didn't fill it immediately cause I wasn't out. They kept the script for 8 days. They did not call to say they wouldn't fill it. When I called this morning they said I did not meet the requirements of a new policy they are implementing at their store. I asked the pharmacist what if I can't fill it by tomorrow I'll be out. She very rudely and sounding like she enjoyed this said, "I guess you will go into withdrawals"!! I only take 4 medicines, ** is the only one for position. I find it appalling a pharmacist did not care at all that she was placing me at risk. As researched I found Walgreens is doing this all over the USA putting critically ill patients at high risk and leaving many in pain. I believe Walgreens needs to be boycotted!

Original review: June 12, 2016

I am a volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul. I tried phone the pharmacy and use my credit card to pay the copay for a prescription for one of our friends in need. I was told that it is Walgreens' policy not to accept phone in credit cards for prescriptions. I had to drive 30 minutes to pay the $5.35. Walgreens should come into the 21st century and accept phone credit card authorizations!!

Original review: June 10, 2016

When refilling a prescription in May 2016 at the Walgreens located at 10600 West Parmer Lane in Austin, TX 78717, I had to wait while they corrected the amount. I had motioned for the car behind to use the other lane since there were 2 at the drive-thru (the driver smiled and waved Thank you to me). The Pharmacist herself, ** , came to tell me to either pull around the building and come back through or she'd call the Cops. I was stunned. When I asked why, ** snapped at me that I couldn't hold up their business. There were no cars in sight except myself so I told her to go ahead and call the Police which I guess she decided not to do.

I waited for the correction (approx 5 min) and had hoped ** would have had enough time to reflect on how she'd acted and apologize. Instead, when she herself came back to the window I explained that it was regrettable that she wouldn't be calling the Police. She very hatefully stated that they'd had to call the Cops on several others for holding the line up. I couldn't believe her behavior and using that as an excuse for her rudeness. In addition to the other customers that she must be responsible for running off.

I tried to notify Walgreens through their corporate portal (twice) but it won't allow you to go beyond choosing the store location. As I was there to pick up heart medication (generic Plavix) I can't help but wonder how long before **'s BULLY tactics will result in harming a customer permanently. With today's "SUE" mentality, I'm certain Walgreens will regret taking no disciplinary action or enrolling her in some sort of Customer Service Improvement program. I will be using someone else from now on as This Loyal Customer will no longer use Walgreens or take their abuse. I had even purchased a discount prescription card which I will no longer need nor renew.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I am out of state on emergency care of my parent. My regular dr called in medications at this store. The store left msgs my scripts were ready. When I went to pick up 6 hours later they were not done. They then filled 3 of 5. I had to pay for those. Then wait another 30 minutes for others then pay again. When I got to my parents house two were incorrect. I had to call my pharmacist in another state. He checked to see if I could safely take the incorrect meds. He was NOT a Walgreens employee! I was not the only one to receive bad service. A little lady before me went through the same thing. The clerk said he had been there 16 hours. There was no caring, just bad behavior unless it was a cute young lady they were moved to the front of the line. I will never use this store again and don't plan on trying another one. Thank you.

Original review: May 25, 2016

Why did you changes pharmacy hours? Makes it very inconvenient to have to wait so late in the morning there. I will have to change to Walmart.

Original review: May 25, 2016

For 25 years I have been a loyal customer of Walgreens, both for myself, and my family. I am over 70 and take 8 meds per day, many of them are 2x per day. That means in a year I fill over 100 scrips with Walgreens and they profit. I am not medicare, but carry top of the line Blue Cross with full scrip coverage. I am now leaving Walgreens for other suppliers such as Sam's or Costco or CVS or whatever. Will find the best for me. But here is why. This is how they operate. They will honor a fill on the generic drug at a low price to you, but they are getting the price from the insurer that is allowed per the list. If it is a patent/proprietary drug, you pay a copay that can be substantial, and they get a payment from the insurer that is also substantial.

More importantly, if they can, they move the scrip to a "30 day" fill, not 90 as written, and will bill the insurance company for the approved price every 30 days, and they get more money this way. If you run out of pills, they tell you that you have to wait; if you squawk they offer to "sell you" a few pills to reach your insurance refill date; they do not push the insurance company to fill even if you ask them to call your carrier; and here is the big kicker: If you say you will fill your script by paying for it, under the Walgreens script savings plan where you are a member, they tell you no. Why? because they want to fill with insurance in a few days where they make some real money. They do not want to generic fill, because that is all the money they will get, and they will "lose" the script money for another 30 to 90 days!!

You are denied your meds and denied a fill under their own Walgreens program where you paid to be a member; presumably so you were secure you would not run out. So if you "lose" a bottle, or one of two bottles, or leave one at your winter home by mistake and are 2,000 miles away, they shove you around and try to make more money off you. In short in their quest to make money, they do not make it easy for you to get your meds from them and to get service. Further they do not, in the end, compete with other low cost suppliers who offer the same price service such as Sams, Walmart, Grocery stores, Costco, CVS, Riteaid and so on.

So as long as i was getting just "good" service from Walgreens, I went along with their "scams" on using the customer and his insurance and getting the most money they could. But when it becomes denial or lack of service, to push and keep their money making greed, I am done with them. Did you also notice that they do not show you what they are paid from the insurance company? Could it be they do not want you to know what they are making off of you and your insurance by being their customer? And my friends, you do NOT get Walgreens rewards for the money they get from the scripts from the insurance you bring to them. Bad service, bad greed, bad games played on customers, and in a way, rigged.

Original review: May 25, 2016

My complaint is with Walgreens pharmacy staff at the store in prospect Heights Illinois, on camp McDonald and route 83. The pharmacy staff has very poor customer service plus they are not honest. My medication was not filled in full. I received half of a very costly medication I paid in full for. The management refused to admit any responsibility, they showed zero respect for my feelings. Zero respect for my future cost. They offered no reasonable answer on how this could happen. Instead all responsibility was put on me. Shamefully they involved my Dr in a disrespectful way. Shamefully. They did tag my account for future medication for a error THEY made!

I will never step foot in a Walgreens again. Consumers beware!!! Save your!!! Prescription BAG! Prescription BOTTLES...RECEIPTS... If you ever have a problem without the proof I listed...all these items you will not succeed. Walgreens will hurt you. This is shameful for a big company to hurt the small people that put trust in them.

Original review: May 22, 2016

If you are a disabled person on pain meds or anyone on pain meds they would either not have my pain meds or tell me of I would take what they had or couldn't get the rest and wouldn't tell me when they would be in. I am 60, have a neurological disease and a cancer survivor and after being treated like a drug addict and left sick and having anxiety every month I would have to feel with them. Took my business to another drug store that wasn't fined 80 million for their greed and don't make the customer pay for their greed... Walgreens is 2 minutes away and I gladly drive 40 round trip to be treated like a human... I haven't been in a Walgreens in 3 years and will never go back.

Original review: May 20, 2016

Very unprofessional people looking down at me because I'm getting a doctor-prescribed med! Chesterfield, MI. Very rude!!!

Original review: May 20, 2016

I went to one of your stores. Got what I wanted. Generally for coupons checker knows it's on sale and gives sale price. Today they did not do it. Also said 1 coupon expired. 2nd one I didn't see where got credit. The other thing after got what I wanted and paid for it they give me a coupon to use. I find out when I get home the coupon is good for one day. Today after getting all I wanted. So all you can do is throw it away which means no savings. Unless you keep going in and out all day each time you get coupon. You know my daughter through ins has spent close to $100.000 in drugs. Yes $100.000 for the HIV drug. Maybe we should go elsewhere we would be liked for our business.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Through gross incompetence, the Cleburne Texas Walgreens filled my ** (diabetic medication) with a mix of ** and a very potent anticonvulsant medication that looked similar and which I had not been prescribed. After inadvertently taking several of the anticonvulsant pills, I had such a severe dizzy reaction, I thought I might be dying and had my son take me for medical treatment. The dizziness remained for several days after ceasing use. Upon returning the pills to the pharmacy, the Walgreens pharmacist acknowledged that the prescription had been incorrectly filled. For the emotional damage and breach of trust to me and my family, I believe Walgreens should compensate me to ensure that they take such errors more seriously.

Original review: May 13, 2016

I went to Walgreens on Pole Line Rd in Twin Falls, ID. I made an order for some hand cream, since they do not carry it in the store, but online. I ordered on a Monday, paid for it, and was told that when it arrived they would notify me that it had arrived. One week went by, and I check on the following Tuesday (6 days). The item still has not arrived, and was told to wait for the call.

I went in on Friday (10 days after I ordered) and requested that I receive an refund for the item that I no longer wanted to wait any longer. They checked and checked again and found the order on their shelf. I asked how long it has been there and no one could tell me. It had a ship date of the day I ordered, but no arrival stamp. So who knows how long it has been there. I was then told that since they didn't carry it in the store and I had already paid for it I was stuck with it. Ultimately I am stuck with it, and have a very bad taste in my mouth for the service and the rudeness of the clerks on duty today.

Original review: May 11, 2016

I have repeatedly experienced rude and intrusive pharmacy staff conduct at my local store. I have many, many monthly Rx's that have been filled for over 10 years and never had a problem with any other drugstore until switching to Walgreens. I have done some major research online and see that I am NOT alone in my experience. They have criminalized me for 1 of my narcotic medications that I have been on for many years and NO, I'm not addicted. I have even seen an addictionologist to ensure I would never have another problem in addition to many health problems.

Despite them giving me constant grief over this, they have incorrectly filled my meds, even as far as misreading one of my meds and somehow managed to fill it with a major controlled substance and they did not catch the mistake. After I discovered it, I took it back to the store and returned it, and made them aware of their mistake. Seemingly that was OK to them but my PRESCRIBED meds are a problem.

I have heard the techs and pharmacist make rude comments about customers after they leave the store and wonder if I am too one of those people? I have read so many really bad customer-hating comments posted by Walgreens pharmacist and techs online as well as watching YT on this subject. "WOW," is just all I can say. No one should ever use a business, especially a drugstore where you are not only hated, but criminalized because you are sick. I have never seen anything like this, ever. I will be taking my business to CVS where they do treat their customers respectfully. Their pharmacist even want to phone the doctor to ask "why" you are on a certain med. This is totally unprofessional and discourteous to customers. And their prices, well no one would shop there for that. And their "reward" point system is absolutely a fraud compared to CVS. If people only knew, everyone would be boycotting Walgreens.

Original review: May 9, 2016

Today at 12:15 this afternoon I called in my prescription and I speak to a real live person not the machine. She says "your order will not be ready until 3pm". I said "ok thank you". I walk over to Walgreens to pick up my order. Its after 3 pm. The pharmacist ** tells me that I have to wait for an hour because he was alone. Then why have the phone number to call and place orders over the phone? And then you go into the pharmacy and you are told to wait another hour? So I am very upset.

At this point I go outside, I call the phone number back, speak to the same lady that I had previously spoken to. She says "yes your prescription has been released - ready for pick up". I said "then why when I just went in there ** told me that I had to wait an hour? I have been using Walgreens Pharmacy for about 8 years now and believe me I've had a ton of medications. I was ran over twice, broke my shoulder, my jaw in 3 places, my 7th vertebrae, my Achilles tendon was reconstructed, have two plates and 7 screws in my ankle, have a plate and 4 screws in my wrist, have glaucoma. I have ibs, I have ptsd, I have insomnia, I have restless leg syndrome, I am a manic depressant. Shall I go on. Yes I have given you so much of my business and time." She tells me to hold on. She goes to talk to him and gives me a line of "there was a problem with the insurance and sometimes you have to wait an hour more."

**. I've never had insurance problems. I work for cdcr. I have blue shield insurance. So as she is telling me that I may have to wait another hour I look at my watch and it is 4:27 by this time and she is telling me I may have to wait another hour when I was promised my prescription at 3:00. I asked to speak to her supervisor. He was ABSOLUTELY no help either. He puts me on hold then ultimately he hangs up on me then I get online and I notice all of the complaints that people have submitted to you regarding Walgreens Pharmacy. Why is it that just like you have people call to place their order. Why do you have this site for them to file complaints because it seems that nothing is being done about them.

I am disturbed by the training of the pharmacist. The people at this pharmacy were very unpleasant and they were laughing at me when I spoke with the assistant of manager. I will never go back to Walgreens again. The customer service at the pharmacy has been terrible. Rude. I pay my taxes. I deserve better than this. Walgreens do your JOB! People wanting to take or threatening to take their business elsewhere. Horrible business. No customer service.

What's the deal. Why has Walgreens allowed their pharmacy personnel to be so rude to customers and these are not just any customers - they are ill people, dying people, traumatized, depressed, frustrated, hurting people. I sure hope that you make your employees answer to these complaints specifically ** WHO WORKS AT WALGREENS PHARMACY. ON Sunday MOTHER'S DAY HE WAS THERE FROM 3:45 OR 4:00 PM TO 8:30 PM. Walgreens on Main and Louise Avenue, Manteca, CA 95336.

Original review: May 5, 2016

Walgreens Pharmacies are understaffed. Pharmacy workers are expected to do too much. Walgreens' corporate greed endangers customers and staff. I removed all of my 92 year old parent's prescriptions from a Walgreens in Massachusetts because there was problem after problem from the automated phone service with inaccurate notifications resulting in unnecessary trips to the store and general confusion over the status of scripts.

One year ago my supermarket pharmacy closed and the nearest pharmacy to me was on Bridge Street in Philadelphia. I was welcomed to long lines, unfilled prescriptions, incorrect notifications, expensive brand names where generic would be fine. The staff however is great. But their workload is too great and the pharmacy is understaffed and forced to cut corners.

My most recent monthly script took almost two weeks to fill and 5 trips to the store. The auto refill said the pharmacy would contact the doctor to renew the script. Autocall "Your script is ready". Went to store; stood in line. The script is not ready. Autocall "Your script is ready". Went to store, stood in line, it was a different prescription they fill automatically. I asked about the other script and was told they have to contact the doctor. I explained the auto refill said they would do that 5 days ago. It was Friday and I asked for enough pills until they can fill it. Monday around 11AM received an auto call "that the prescription that was supposed to be ready Monday at 9AM was delayed." In the afternoon, I received an auto call "Your script was ready".

I got a ride to Walgreens on Wednesday around 3PM. Stood in line and was told my doctor never called back and probably would need to make an appointment before he approves it. I said, "I just saw him and I take this for my heart since 2003." I called my doctor--left a message. Asked if I could get some pills until this gets squared away especially with the auto messages I had received. The pharmacist said she could not do that. At 3:57, my doctor office called to say they had received a request from Walgreens at 3:21. I said, "You should have received one from Walgreens Monday of this week and also early the week prior." She advised that the only other request for me had been on April 28 for ** (a big money maker for Walgreens).

Finally, I paid to get a ride back to Walgreens and wait while I picked up my script. There were 6 people in front of me--1 being served, at least 2 cars in the drive thru and 8 people waiting on scripts including 1 lady who waiting several hours earlier. THERE WAS ONE CLERK HANDLING ALL THESE CUSTOMERS. Everyone there works like a slave. It is a shame. Pharmacists, like assembly line workers, are filling prescriptions, dumping them into large bins with scores of other filled scripts to be sorted through and placed in alphabetized baskets. The customer clerk rummages through the bins looking for recently completed orders.

Understaffing, overworking and, based on employee turnover, underpaying make a formula for disaster. A disaster that endangers customers. I have been at this Walgreens to hear the pharmacist call a young mother with a newborn to ask her to return the medicine that she was given and she would get the correct script. Apparently asked if there was any harm because the mother administered it to the infant, the pharmacist said, "No but bring all you have left back". It is my opinion that Walgreens Corporation is a dangerous company that is more concerned about automation and maximum output from each employee, making more profit with less staff than serving customers with respect for their time and more importantly their health and well-being.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I arrived at my local Walgreens at 5 a.m. to pick up a prescription. I sat at the drive-thru for 30 minutes while an employee work inside and ignored me. The sign posted outside states it's open 24 hours but not this morning. It is terrible customer service. The last time my prescriptions are filled at Walgreens.

Original review: April 27, 2016

Very poor quality generic drugs that do not work for conditions.

Original review: April 22, 2016

I have been using GoodRx for generic ** 12.5mg. My insurance will not pay for it. The price on GoodRx is $51.58 in March 2016 and paid only $51.58. I went to my local Walgreens where I get all 7 medications per month filled. When I went to pick up my prescription, I was told it was going to be $94.83. I questioned why was the GoodRx price was not honored. I was told by the pharmacist that they no longer accepting that plan. I emailed GoodRx to tell them that they needed to update the website because Walgreens was not a participant in the program.

I received a prompt email from GoodRx stating that all of the pharmacies in the program was under contractual obligation to fill the scripts according to the price agreement. I printed out the email and went back to Walgreens to show the email from GoodRx to the pharmacist. The pharmacist was very rude and told me he WAS NOT going to give me the medicine on the listed price. I had a new script from my doctor and had it filled at my local CVS. I'm going transfer all of my medicines there. In 2015 I spent over $1120. That's not including any other items in the store.

I'm tired of dealing with rude people and no matter what day or time, I'm told it will be a hour wait to fill a prescription. How long does it take to count out pills? I don't believe that they have so many scripts that it requires a hour to fill a prescription. There are also have 2 pharmacy technicians to help the pharmacist. They just lost a buyer. I'm going to CVS where the people are friendly and happy to help you.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I have been shopping at Walgreens for a long time, almost 8 years. The customer service, the cleanliness, the cheerful attitude of its employees always make me come back. I have put my feet at CVS just twice in 8 years because my husband's insurance assigned him to CVS but I don't like their stores. The carpet smells funny, like they have not been cleaned in ages.The people is overwhelmed and underpaid. The cashiers are there with no smile, just to collect your money and keep going. I feel The Walgreens at 13317 North Blvd tries really hard to make their customers happy. They strive for excellence. They carry new items before anyone else (like The Garnier Whole Blends). I plan on keep coming back.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I have been with Walgreens for years. I used them because we never had any issues with our prescriptions and the store was so close. About 15 months ago things started going downhill. They call, say your prescriptions was ready and it wasn't or they never call to tell you it was ready. I bought the prescription savings card for $35.00; it was great at first, all my prescriptions were on there. Now my prescription is on the current list until I go to the pharmacy to pick it up and the price is no longer the price and the terms have changed. I would love to have the old Walgreens back but it doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Too bad for them.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I have been dealing with Walgreens for a while. My wife wanted a separation after 35 years marriage so I am staying with a friend in New Port Richey, Florida. I have been doing my prescription on Mass Ave and it was fine. I went to fill my prescription and I still have my NH license because I still own the house in NH and may get back with my wife. We are not sure yet. Why do I have to have a Florida licence to get my prescription filled in Florida. It's a picture ID. Please explain. Do all the snow birds change there for the winter?

Original review: April 13, 2016

I have been a customer of Walgreens from eight years and with my last visit I have been ripped off by Walgreens. On 2016-April-11, I visited Store #02957 1660 Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA, 95008, for picking up **. I was told my insurance denied paying for it as I was older than 29 years of age and its price is $218.99. When I called customer service and asked for out-of-pocket pricing for it she said it's $125 and I can go back to the store, return the cream, get the refund and pay by cash for the amount of $125.

The next day noon when I visit the store, I am told that $218.99 is the out-of-pocket pricing for ** and there is no refund, while my receipt on its back side says "If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return it to any of our nationwide stores for an exchange or refund within 30 days". When I look up http://fdi.myrxprice.com/ for its price in my zip code 95008, it's priced at $130.13. When I call doctor, they have the same brand ** 0.05% 45g priced at $75. I need justice and I need my refund!

Original review: April 12, 2016

My mother contracted shingles about 3 weeks ago and her DOCTORS prescribed the shingles vaccine. I emphasize Doctors because their pharmacist refused to give her the shingles vaccine stating that their so-called training doesn't let them give the vaccine if it's been less than a year. My mother went alone and when she told me about this I was concerned. I never heard of this and found it really strange. I looked up the CDC website and it states that ANY point one could get the shingles vaccine even after an outbreak. Her first doctor instructions were to come back for the prescription vaccine once her shingles erupted and scabs started to fall.

Today my mother went back for her follow-up appointment and her original doctor was not in but they still gave her the prescription to get the shingles vaccine. The pharmacy refused to give her the vaccine, they even called her doctor (the one that was available) and so she did NOT get the vaccine!!! I called the Walgreens pharmacy because I thought there was a translation error and my mother seemed confused about what her doctor prescribed. I spoke to one of the pharmacists about why would they go against a doctor prescription PLUS what the CDC website states. The CDC also that even after an outbreak one could get the vaccine. The pharmacist could not give thorough nor intelligent explanation other than just stating Walgreens policy. I am disturbed by the training of the pharmacist explanation! Not only that - This has now instilled doubt with my mother's doctor's prescription and goes against what they had prescribed!

Original review: April 11, 2016

I tried to fill a prescription for a medication designed to treat ** addiction at the Walgreens in Espanola, NM. I was told to come back in two hours, came back in six and was told that it wasn't ready. Asked why, they said the pharmacist needed to call my regular pharmacy. "Okay," I said, "that's why I gave six hours time." And asked when that could happen? Was told 24-48 hours. I was the only one in the store.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information