1.31/5
Based on 104 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

117 Target Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2015

Only came here because Giant Eagle didn't have one of my prescription for the number of days I needed it. Pharmacist informed me that one of my prescriptions was out of stock. Offered to order it for me instead of waiting for me to leave and then call. Overall a much better experience than Giant Eagle or Walmart.

Original review: March 24, 2015

I called in ahead of time to refill few of my prescriptions and asked them if they could have them ready for me in 45 minutes. And that I would be in at that time to pick them up. I came to the store but in about an hour and half, when was at counter they told me it would be an additional 20 min or so to get my meds. I stated, I called in ahead of time to have these ready for me. They then stated I had to wait for all the other people that were ahead of me in the store. Asked why would I call in and you stated they could be ready in 45 min. I take a cab to this location, so if I come in and need my meds right away and you clearly state you will have them ready and then to find out that they aren't and I have a cab waiting.

So therefore I have a cab waiting for more than 20 min for my meds that I clearly gave them sufficient time to fill by calling in ahead of time, tick tock..... Paying for this cab not only to get to and from this store but for the additional 20 plus minutes to fill and check out. This cost me an additional $20 for the wait time! Are you going to reimburse me for the additional dollars it's costing me to sit and wait!?! This isn't the first time this has happened. This now is the 4th time! I feel I should be compensated for the extra amount it's costing me to sit while my meter is running.....

The first couple times I was told it's Monday and we are backed up from the weekend. Another excuse was the weather, it's snowed yesterday and we are getting caught up. Ok fine, but now it happens 4, yes 4 times and this has cost me about $100 extra dollars with no apology, no compensation, and this is what I get for calling in ahead of time and assured over and over again, yes it will be ready for you when you come in. It never is! Unless I am compensated for my running meter, I will discontinue using this pharmacy which amounts to in over $2000 plus dollars per month and I will also let others know not to use them as well. Maybe you just don't care, with all the competition in the area you think you would do whatever it takes to retain your customers! I feel I am owed in $100 in compensation for my ticking meter! The whole idea of using your pharmacy is convenience and saving money but not if the meter is constantly running!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 22, 2015

Thanks to a paperwork issue with my insurer, I found myself without prescription coverage, just as I ran out of one of my medications. At the advice of my regular (Walgreens) pharmacist, who was very kind, I called several pharmacies to find out who had the cheapest price. It turned out to be Target. The medicine which would have cost me $160 at Walgreens was $45 at Target. What a relief!

Imagine how surprised I was to find out that the least expensive option was also staffed with friendly people, had a rewards program that got me 5% off the other things I needed to pick up, and has the coolest, color coded and clearly labeled prescription bottles I've ever seen. Even after my insurance issue is fixed, I may switch to Target just because it was such a pleasant experience, and, shallow as it is, those bottles are too cool. If cost is an issue for you, definitely see if they can get your meds cheaper. It could save you a lot of money.

Original review: March 8, 2015

My new insurance doesn't cover Walgreens, so I transferred my prescriptions to Target. I have Ulcerative Colitis, and I have been going through a flare and have needed medication. Two out of three times in the last month they have screwed something up. First, they had entered me in their monthly automatic prescription renewal, and then when I went to pick up my prescription, they hadn't filled it because they had entered it for every three months. First screw up.

Next, I had to get Rowasa enemas, and although it had been called in on Thursday and I went in on Saturday, it hadn't been filled. They were waiting to fill it because it said "kit" on the prescription. After realizing that they had it in stock, they told me that I should come back in 10 minutes. I did, and they said that they couldn't fill it until Tuesday because they didn't know what "kit" meant. I said, "I'm really sick. I can't wait until Tuesday." After they looked it up, they figured out that "kit" meant wipes that went with it. I said, "Forget the wipes." They filled it, but they wouldn't have unless I insisted.

What irks me is that things screw up in their system and they just sit there. Maybe all of the pharmacists hope that someone else with deal with it or that their computer will magically figure it out. I think their reliance on the Target system's crappy automation is a detriment and has cost them my business. After my insurance company has spent over 2000 dollars in the past month at their pharmacy, you would think their service would be better.

Original review: March 3, 2015

We have been using Target pharmacy for about 10 years.York, Pa. (2003-2008) pharmacist was extremely professional &efficient. The Target pharmacy in Swatara Pa. (2008-current) near Harrisburg, PA. is the worst pharmacy/customer service. The first pharmacist who has since left did try to do a good job. Most of the staff are careless, irresponsible & un-professional. We have to constantly ask to be put back on automatic refill. They do not pay attention to faxes that come from Doctors' offices. We always have to check up on them-I have missed a medication for several months due to this.

A fax came in from my dr. & they did not fill it-then told me they did not receive a fax from my Doctor BUT the medication was on my file so they LIED. The new pharmacist is quick to blame HER staff for any issues which I do not like. If you are the supervisor your staff is your responsibility. They ask for you to contact your doctor for refills, when all other pharmacies do this task for you. In fact the dr. office will in turn say this is the pharmacists' job. When texts are received to p/u, we have to ask if anything else is due. There is usually something due, then we have to wait-what a waste of the text message. They have lied about when they receive deliveries/they are unsure if they will receive medications at all? It is like a circus behind this counter.

Every so often a recertification for meds is needed from the dr. office. We were told to get the Recertification ourselves -when we called our doctor they already sent this Recertification to Target over a month prior. What they did with this important information- who knows? This NEW FEMALE pharmacist-has not made any effort to improve the poor performance behind her counter. I will not go into details but we have been given bad and dangerous medical info. from this pharmacy.

In a nutshell their favorite answer is I DO NOT KNOW-when they do not want to be bothered. They have been caught in blatant lies more than once. Sadly this store is in Pennsylvania, I read a similar post that was in California. Maybe they just do not care. Is the pharmacy just there to keep up with Walmart/WM? Because they do not seem to care about this part of the store at all. WM always has a pharmacist on duty to help you, have better hours & do not close for lunch daily (only on Sunday). Target also closes for the lunchtime everyday for one hour & new hours are not convenient.

I feel this is important for people to know because certain meds. are a matter of life or death. If the customer is not double checking the Target Pharmacy they could find themselves out of medication. Hopefully not one that you need to keep you alive. This could be a true problem for elderly or if the person is very ill. I hope that if you are shopping for a good pharmacist that you will find one that will give you great customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I have been a loyal Target customer for many years. However, it sees as though the service at the pharmacy has steadily declined. This is the fourth time that I have gone into pick up my prescription that I called in the day before and they didn't have it ready. Instead of apologizing they say the soonest they could get it to me would be in an hour. Since I have taken the time to phone in the prescription and verified the day and time to pick them up it is quite frustrating to make a trip and be told to come back later. The wait times have gotten longer, and the people behind the counter seem to have a "I don't care" attitude. This is why I will no longer be a customer of Target pharmacy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I was very impressed with the first associate that took my prescription. She told me my prescription would be ready by 6:10 pm and I would get a text. I said “wow thanks”. So I get the text and I get another rep. She was cold and uncaring. “Your insurance is saying cancelled or terminated.” I said that’s impossible. She said “well, you need to call them". I had a bad earache so I needed the meds. She said it’s $31.00. I said “well I guess I have to pay”. She didn't retry to re enter the number or anything. She was totally an uncaring person. I told her she didn't have to act like a "**".

I know that was wrong, but most folks are getting meds because they are not feeling good, and reps should be empathetic. I went home, called the insurance co, which the phone number was right on the front of the card. That gentlemen called target for me on a 3 way. The prescription was $5. I had to make another trip to get my refund. This is target is in Aberdeen, MD. No apology, nothing, I will be taking my scripts somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

Called my prescriptions in early said they will be ready at a certain time. Got there stood in line forever! 45 minutes finally was my turn and then took 20 minutes to find the medicine. Then the price wasn't right. It took a hour for them to figure out how to change the price. It's crazy how much money I spend here and they are rude and don't give a ** how long you wait for your meds.

A hour later the price still wasn't right I said screw it forget it! I called a different pharmacy and had it transferred there! And had no problems there! This is not the first time I have had problems with Target pharmacy! And other people there were saying same thing. Maybe they need to get people in there who know how to work

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

My daughter, who is blind and has asthma insisted that we fill her scrips at the Target Pharmacy. I work in the medical field, and after they lost her script for ** inhaler twice, I told her to go to the hospital pharmacy. She still wanted to keep going to Target because it was a little closer to home. Well, her doctor increased dosages on her ** and ** Solution but guess what happened? Target decided to just kept giving her the previous script dosage which, I'm afraid, was not effective at keeping her asthma in check. So she went 8 days taking it trying to get relief and finally on day 7 suddenly went into respiratory failure. She nearly died. We couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

I discovered their mistake on day 8 and called them. They did give her the proper prescription this time, but didn't want to own up to making a serious error. I will never go to a retail pharmacy ever again, especially a Target Pharmacy. Judging from all these horrible reviews, it’s a system-wide problem and they have yet to fix it. It’s just about profit. They don't give a damn about patient wellness or safety.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

On Friday, December 27th I experienced a horrible violation of my civil rights in regards to HIPAA. On Saturday, December 14th I attempted to fill a prescription. The pharmacist/employee ** at the Super Target located at 7025 Park Centre Dr, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121-6619 informed me that my prescription could not be filled because a previous prescription overlapped and though it was a different dosage and different drug they were in the same class and therefore the prescription could not be filled until the 26th.

I pointed out that the prescription was in fact different and asked how it was possible that a doctor could not at some point increase a dosage depending on a patients diagnosis. The response was that because the class of drugs were controlled substances they were unwilling to fill it so close to the other prescription. I chose not to argue and to return on or after the 26th. ** the pharmacist assured me that it would be ready for pickup on the 26th.

I returned even a day later than the prescribed time by ** on the 27th. I asked for my prescription and indicated that it should already be filled as per ** assurances. It was not found and the technician and the pharmacist ** indicated they found two prescriptions. One that was filled on the 14th and the other one to be yet to be filled but was incorrect. My doctor and I had discussed dosage and type and after reaching Target I received a call from the doctor telling me as a family practitioner the dosage he had prescribed was outside his limits.

He changed the prescription after we talked and this was the prescription discussed and agreed to with **. At some point on the night of the 21st the pharmacy manager called the doctor to tell him of his reticence about filling the prescription. ** on the 26th asked that the hard copy be pulled and when he did it showed the original script and not the doctor ordered changed prescription. I asked if the one that was filled and the 2nd came in at the same time and he replied in the affirmative.

I pointed out that there should be one called in after that with a different time stamp. His response was, “I don’t know what to tell you, I only show the two.” At this point I would have expected some attempt to contact the doctor either by phone or fax to clear up the confusion and yet he seemed unwilling to do so. I went to the front customer assistance desk and asked for a manager or assistant manager.

A woman named ** showed and asked what I needed and I responded that a prescription that had been promised to be ready on the 26th was not ready on the 27th and that ** seemed unwilling to address the issue by contacting the doctor. ** seemed to agree and indicated she would check on the situation. I waited patiently at the front as she did so.

When she returned some time later she indicated she had spoken with ** and that he indicated that he was unable to initiate contact with the doctor from his side. I indicated to ** that this was an outright fabrication in that pharmacists confer with doctors all the time to ensure correct filling of prescriptions. ** response was simply that was what she was told. I pointed out that she had been lied to and in turn I was now being lied to.

She seemed unconcerned with being lied to and as such I asked her for the number and address for corporate for me to further my frustration and she indicated that she would provide that information. As I continued to wait for her near the customer service desk I observed what appeared to be a pharmacist conferring with **. There was a conversation between the two, a cessation of conversation and then continued conversation with **.

At this point the pharmacist finally approached me and asked if I was the person with the issue with the pharmacy. I indicated that yes I was and he asked me what I was upset about. I proceeded to tell him that I was unhappy that I was promised a prescription on the 26th, it was now the 27th and it still wasn’t ready and at this point on a Friday evening with all of the confusion I would most likely be unable to contact the physician to rectify the problem.

It was at this point multiple willful HIPAA violations occurred. He indicated that it was his decision on the 14th to not fill my prescription. I inquired as to why this was in contravention to ** indications/promises. I asked him that if he had made this type of decision why he hadn’t bothered to call me to discuss it privately. His response was he thought my doctor would call. Which he didn’t either. I asked him that regardless of what he thought the doctor might do that he also shared responsibility as a client of Target to receive a call from him based on his unilateral decision making.

He reluctantly acknowledged that he should have called. He started to grill me on why I needed additional medicine, how much I had left, and why I was trying to fill a prescription that in his opinion was too soon and not needed. I pointed out that prescriptions are changed all the time based on new circumstances and that I had seen only 2 family practice physicians in the last 2 years that have prescribed any of my current scripts.

I gave him an example where my doctor increased my dosage from 150mg/day of ** to 300mg/day dosage because it was thought to be better suited therapeutically. I pointed out that a recent switch from one generic ** to ** had created significantly more anxiety than what I experienced on the 150mg Par or the 300mg Watson.

He blew that analogy off completely and he stated again that he refused to fill my prescription and I asked him on what basis and information had he made his decision. His response was that he had checked the Dopple database and that I had been flagged by Dopple as being an addict that was doctor shopping and pill shopping. I am well aware that by Dopple he meant the Department of Professional Licensing.

I asked him to explain the meaning of the word Dopple and he refused. I asked him to explain to me what specific information was he basing his decision on and he refused. I asked him to see the DOPL information and he refused. I asked him for contact information at DOPL so as to inquire why I had been labeled a drug abuser/pill shopper/doctor shopper so that I might clear my name. Again without even so much as identifying what the acronym DOPL stood for he told me it was my responsibility to figure that all out. That somehow by using the acronym he was keeping DOPL a veiled mystery and out of my reach.

I pointed out that the prescription from the original doctor was at 1/10 the normally prescribed starting dose for anxiety. The old prescription put me below any kind of reasonable effectiveness threshold and the new prescription still was at a significant level below a typical starting dose for anxiety. He was nonplussed with the logic and falsely claimed that my last prescription on the DOPL database was for 40 pills. I pointed out that that number was incorrect and I had a mere 20 to last me 30 days and were to be taken as needed.

"Well you should have at least 3 left." I pointed out to him that it was presented at a newer higher amount to deal with increased anxiety and at this point he tells me that not only is he refusing to fill this prescription but that he is discharging me permanently as a patient from the Target pharmacy because I am a pill shopper. This entire conversation took place within earshot of multiple people returning Christmas gifts at the customer service desk.

When I asked him why it took 8 days with no explanation, a false promise from ** regarding preparation of the script and ** being combative about what was ordered and he said that neither ** nor ** had any idea of what was going on because of HIPAA rules. Only he knew and there was nothing in the system that would have allowed ** or ** to provide me the correct information regarding this whole ordeal.

So he knows HIPAA for keeping things from his staff but having a blatant private conversation about my medical history, my pharmaceutical history, his interpretation of my history and his accusations of pill shopping in ear shot of all sorts of Target customers somehow was not a blatant violation? This whole conversation is most likely captured by surveillance cameras located throughout Target and my story is easily corroborated based on this evidence as well as I’m sure eyewitness testimony as well.

All the way until the end he never once identified who he was and I asked who the manager was and he replied that it was he. I noted he was not wearing a name tag and thus inquired who he was. His reply was **. I asked for his information and rather than simply writing it down at the front of the store he insisted I follow him all the way back to the pharmacy counter only to hand me a business card.

When I told him rest assured that I will be following up with DOPL for being flagged as a pill shopper he very sarcastically and pointedly said "good, you have 3 more days." To which I incredulously replied by asking if he really just implied that because he thinks I should have 3 more days of medicine left before I were to run out. I told him that he was extremely unprofessional and was way out of line once again in his comments.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I have been a customer at Target for a number of years. We went to pick up my cough medicine which is one of the few that works when my sarcoidosis is active and I cough a lot. We were told they didn't have it and didn't know when it would be in because the broker didn't deliver but we should go get another prescription and take it to another pharmacy where they might have it. I check a couple of other pharmacies and they didn't have it so I waiting almost 2 weeks and went to pick up another medication and decided to check and they said "Oh yes we received 4 bottle and only have 1 left." I asked why they didn't call and there was no answer, so I said I needed it and was told I need to get in line until probably the end of the day before I could come back and get it. No help. No accepting responsibility just like when they consistently lose the doctor's faxes and expect you to call the doctor. I have no receipt. I have not received my medication.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

I have been a loyal customer of Target and I've never complained about this store or anybody due to my dissatisfaction. I have had a good experience with them and I was always happy to shop foods, clothing, and etc. I'm a customer for 8 years. Anyway, I usually purchased my husband's water retention medication and my anti-thyroid medication at this pharmacy (Hanford, CA). To cut a long story short, I went at this particular store to drop my prescription on January 16, 2015 right after my discharge from a hospital nearby. I had a total thyroidectomy. Therefore, I needed antibiotics, hormone, vitamins, and painkillers. The staff said that their pharmacy ran out of painkiller, so I told her that I didn't mind about the painkiller because I could take other painkiller such as **. All I needed were antibiotic and hormone.

She refused to do so. She said that she couldn't do it because the prescriptions were all together in one prescription. She advised me to call my doctor. She NEVER asked me whether I was alright to wait for the unavailable medication for a day or so. I insisted that I was alright without the painkiller, the pharmacist can replace it with its generic, or I could purchase an ** or other over-counter-drug medication. She was jumping all over my words. Unwilling to listen and she knew that I was struggling to talk because of the operation. She was unwilling to ask a question or try to communicate with me effectively. I was pissed off, so I left. I wish I knew her name. Overall, the pharmacy deprived me from my necessity such as antibiotic and hormone. I didn't care if the painkiller comes next week, month, or a century later. I know I can buy an ** and it works just fine.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

I've been going to the same Target in Irvine Spectrum the last 7 months because it is across the street. Customer service has not been great but it is convenient, there is always a wait for at least 5 days which I'm usually willing to do because the location is so convenient. They are never busy, no line but always talking to each other and ignoring customers.

The last time I went she said the pharmacist ran out of the prescription form to re-order medicine. How does the pharmacist run out of forms? They said pills will be ready no later than 2 weeks. I checked back in two weeks, still same thing, pharmacist has no forms to re-order pills. They wouldn't transfer my prescription or return my prescription. Finally when it was over a month, I called and they filled my prescription but with a greater milligram (which is tech. against regulations) and told me to cut them in half. No apologies, they even had an attitude when I went to retrieve my meds. Never again will I use Target Pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I developed a nasty cold recently and was lucky enough to have an appointment with my doctor already scheduled. He prescribed 2 new generic prescriptions to treat my cold. They were immediately emailed to my Target Pharmacy that afternoon. When I called the next morning to find out if I could pick them up, I was informed they had to be ordered. That afternoon, a pharmacy tech called and told me the meds hadn't come in, but they would retry the next day, and btw, I could come in and buy them over the counter. I said I'd wait 'til the next day, as they were covered under my plan's formulary and were at no cost to me.

In the meantime, my cold was getting worse and and I was suffering from the severity. The next day, again I was told the meds hadn't come in, but I could come in and get them OTC. By now I was completely on to them. I knew they were trying to get me to come in and buy them OTC. I waited one more day and then called again. They told me the meds hadn't come in and I could come in and buy them OTC. I went ballistic and yelled at the clerk. I told her I knew exactly what they were up to and that I was made sicker by their shenanigans and to check into this for me.

I immediately called my insurance co. and asked them to go to bat for me. To their credit, they jumped on it and it took 90 mins to get my generic prescriptions.

The lesson here is this: they had this medication the whole time and were simply trying to fatten their bottom line at my expense. They lied to me at least 3 times and tried to deceive both my insurance co. and me by saying they had to order this medication, but were able to produce it within an hour.

This wasn't the first time they had done this to me, but it was the first time they were so blatant and it will be the last time. I've decided they can't be trusted and to take my prescriptions to a stand-alone pharmacy that has no vested interest in making you buy OTC medications, or come in multiple times to pick up prescriptions. Don't let Target play with your health or your wallet.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2014

I have been getting my prescriptions filled at Target of Westminster Md. for nearly three years now with no complaints except for the last four or five months. I get the same drugs every month, so I have a history with them. They should know by now what and when I require them. I don't know what has changed, but lately they always seem to be out of the drugs I need. The wait times have gotten longer, and the people behind the counter seem to have a "I don't care" attitude. This is why I left Rite Aid.

Am I asking too much for them to keep in stock the same drugs I use every month? I'm not one to write reports like this, but this is the second time in a row that I had to wait in a long line, only to be told they do not have it and will have to come back in a few days. Next please! With the holidays coming up, this is a major inconvenience. Customer service is on the decline, and I guess I will have to change pharmacies again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

Recently every time I went for a refill, the pharmacy tech told me I had no refills. I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office. She said I had enough refills until June of 2015. LONG waits for the prescriptions to be filled.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

For the past 6 mo. I have been using this Pharmacy. On my last 5 visit they have been out of one of my RX. I waited the whole month of August going back every week to get this RX fill and every week was told they still didn't have it. Then finally when one of my other RX I get every month was due to be filled, I went to get it and asked again if they got my other RX in. This is when the pharmacist decided to tell she had it but refused to fill it because the Dr. was from other county, but at the same time handed me my other RX from the same Dr. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told she was out and wouldn't be back till after labor day, so I asked if they could have her call me about this.

I left a copy of the RX and my number. I have still never heard from her, and every time I ask about her she's out. Then this month I went to try again to get both my RXs filled, and was told they were out of both and did not know when they would get more and I should go to different pharmacy. I have never been treated so nasty by any pharmacy. I believe this to be complete discrimination against me because of the RXs my Dr. prescribes.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

Target Pharmacy in Maplewood, MN transferred a Rx from another Target (Blaine, MN), but instead of 5mls 3 times a day, they put 5mls 10 times a day. Slight error on a bottle for a 3 month old!! We never saw the Rx the Dr called in, so did what the bottles label said. Thankfully 24 hours later, a pharmacy manager noticed the error & advised us to call the Poison Control. I can't recommend Target Pharmacy.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

About a year ago the original staff at the pharmacy was gone. Why, I have no idea. Ever since then the department sucks. Can never get hold of any one via telephone. Put on hold where eventually it disconnects. Not one of them remembers who you are and even though I may call the day before to see if a prescription is ready, it never is when I get there. Will find another pharmacy for sure. No order number. It is Target on Bear Valley Rd. in Apple Valley, California.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

A few month ago I had an issue with the Target Pharmacy in Jersey City NJ. I went to pick up my medicine and they gave me double the pills. One prescription for ** and one for **. I noticed right away but right in the warning it says "DO NOT TAKE ** with ** and vice versa." After weeks on the phone they finally said it was a glitch in the system and they were sorry. Sorry, ok cool. It could have put me in a coma per the warning but it's cool that your safety system glitched.

Fast forward to yesterday when my girlfriend picked up my ** prescription from Target. They gave her 2 scripts. My ** which was on auto refill and another script that was not on auto-refill nor had it been called in or asked for. This second prescription was **. Hmm can you guess what the generic name for ** is... If you guessed that the generic name for ** is ** then give yourself a cookie because you are correct! I called and left a message for them on the answering machine. Again it specifically says "do not take too much of this medication." A semi intelligent person would know that taking 135 MG of ** and 134 mg of ** at the same time would equal too much of the medication.

I am waiting for a call back but I'm sure they will have the same story. It was an oversight. Well there are very few professions where oversights are not allowed and a pharmacist is one of them. This is just a dangerous and careless way to do business and they have now put my health at risk TWICE in the last 6 months. How is this allowed? I'm sorry but if you keep making oversights like this, you should not have a license to dispense medicine. Thank goodness I read the bottles so carefully and realized the ** was not a script I had asked for nor should I be taking.

If you can't do your job correctly then you should not be licensed, bottom line. And if the computer system you have to double check that your customers' meds don't interact with each other doesn't work and glitches often then change the system. All of this is common sense.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2014

Location in Richardson Texas is slow... as in always. But today I was super upset that when I called in two prescriptions today (out of about the 40 to 50 per year that we do...) they told me to come in two hours. I ended up needing the prescription earlier (...it was pretty urgent) and so you went in an hour later instead. I knew that I'd have to wait a little probably, but this one woman who works there told me I'd have to come back in forty five minutes. It was not that busy and I felt that since I HAD called in ahead I would at least take some precedence over the current walk-ins. But no, not the case. ** at the Plano Rd/Beltline is always rude. I know they are building up the area... Will DEFINITELY be dropping Target 'altogether' soon as possible. Too many other places to welcome people's business.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

Over the past 5-6 months, this particular location has taken a nosedive in customer service, professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency. They are constantly making errors with my medications in terms of supplying the correct dosage and several insurance mistakes. Most recently, they have made 2 mistakes in a period of one week. Both times supplying incorrect pill counts. One script stated that 60 pills were dispensed, but I only received 30 and had to go back. Yesterday, I picked up another medication - instructions clearly state "take 1-2 tablets". Only 30 were dispensed. When I asked why, I was told that my insurance company was no longer approving the quantity (a little bit of background - I had to speak with 3 different people). I ended up calling the insurance company myself only to find out that this was not the case.

Apparently, according to my insurance company, this is a constant problem with Target - since my prescription was on auto refill, the pharmacy refilled it too soon, and therefore I only received half of the prescription. When I called Target back to tell them, not one person knew what I was talking about, including the manager. How is this possible? They continued to blame the insurance company instead of trying to rectify the problem. When I said I was transferring all of my prescriptions, I was told that I could do whatever I wanted but that it wasn't going to change anything. Really? When I explained that their errors and inefficiencies can cause harm to the patient, no response was given. Being in healthcare, I was truly disappointed. As a patient, I was highly insulted.

Original review: July 27, 2014

Used Target pharmacy to fill sons seizure medication. Over the past 4 months we have had 3 scripts sent to the pharmacy that are not there when we call or go to pick up. The most recent time we called our ped's office twice to confirm. On Saturday we called and were told they didn't have it. My husband called back and asked if we could get a weekend supply until Monday. The Pharm Tech put him on hold for 5 minutes and then disconnected the call. We live close so he just went over. While he was gone the Pharm Tech called to say they could authorize a 3 day supply. I explained that this was the third time in 4 months and unless something is fixed we would need to find a new pharmacy. The PT interrupted during the conversation to blame the Dr office... not once apologizing for the service, interrupting me when I'm trying to ask what the problem and what the possible solution is if they can't get it worked out.

After I got off the phone with my husband standing at the counter - the PT states "Not sure we need to fill 3 days for if you are only going to transfer the script to another pharmacy anyway". The Pharmacy ends up calling the on-call doc to get authorization to fill the script. Passive aggressive behavior of the PT is inexcusable. We receive our liquid with a small syringe that would force us to fill it twice to administer the medicine rather than the larger one we have received the past 4 months. The following morning we go to open the bottle and it's in a non-liquid dispensing bottle - again different from the previous four fills. At no point where we told they were out of larger syringes or liquid dispensing bottles. Guess I'll go to Walmart down the road...

Original review: July 17, 2014

Picked up my monthly blood pressure medication no problem... Dropped off pain prescription for my son as he has a broken foot. The pharmacy said they did not have this medication (low dose 1% **) and it would take a week to get. I went to Walgreens with no problem. In the past, when they were out of medication, it always is shipped to them the next day. They are liars. They just did not want to sell this medication. I told them I was not going to pick it up but my son whose prescription it was would pick it up by Saturday. They gave me back the prescription to go someplace else. I will also never use them for any reason again.

Original review: July 6, 2014

I just went to the Target Pharmacy at the corner of Grove Barton and Lynn. Basically I was accused of switching my medication and was told because of my "history" with them 3 people had signed off on my medication. All this from the pharmacist Jennifer ** just looking at the bottles, no computer screen or pill counter register. Nothing, she had it all in her head. So I asked what my "history" was, she said I had a history of accusing them of changing my medication. Well, maybe if they didn't make it a habit to challenge my doctor's prescriptions, we wouldn't have this problem. This particular pharmacist has changed the dosage of two medications my doctor send them, twice.

On December 20th last, I was leaving to Boston and stopped by to pick up my prescription and had to wait because the strength my prescription showed didn't match their records. My doctor was on holiday and they couldn't reach her fill in, and refused to fill it until they spoke to said on call doctor. I had to leave for my flight without my medications. The pharmacist that time was Eddie **, and he told me right in front of other customers that I was abusing my medication and he was not going to fill anything for me until he spoke to my doctor who was on holiday IN INDIA.

I should have dropped them right then but I didn't but now it's on. I have a disability claim hearing at the end of the month, my lawyer already has the information from the previous incidents with these pharmacists. I had a car accident 15 years ago, which decimated my internal organs. My stomach, according to the surgeon, looked like hamburger meat. It had to be reconstructed. The year after that I had to have my gall bladder removed. Then I developed pancreatitis 3 times in 6 months. I wouldn't wish that agony on these two pharmacists. I now have chronic abdominal pain and chronic pancreatitis. I just had a procedure on 6/23 because the head of my pancreas was enlarged and my doctors thought it necessary to take a look.

I next night I was back in the ER throwing up blood and screaming in agony. The ER doctor didn't tell me "hey you're are faking", they hooked me up to and IV gave me fluids and pain medication, asap. Because they knew what I was and had been going through since 1999. But these two pharmacists feel they know better than the hundreds of medical doctors I've seen since then. I thought the doctor wrote the script and the pharmacist filled it. I suppose at Target pharmacy things are different. I sure hope they understand when my lawyer calls them tomorrow.

Original review: July 3, 2014

Went to Target Pharmacy only because it was the closest one. Dr. gave me a script for ** which is an anxiety pill I've been on for 15 years. The pharmacist called the dr. and refused to fill the script only because I've never been there before. She totally blurted out my private medical information in front of several customers. I've never been so humiliated. All this because I typically use CVS or Jefferson Pharmacy. This happened at the Martinsburg West Virginia store right at the I 81 exit - no respect for customer confidentiality or respect.

Original review: June 25, 2014

I received the typhoid vaccine from Target Pharmacy and carefully read the directions printed on the plastic zip lock bag of the medication, to make sure I was following the directions. The label said to take the medication one hour before a meal or two-three hours after a meal. I took the medication 2.5 hours after my dinner and then went to bed. I woke up with horrible flu-like symptoms and called my doctor who told me I was supposed to take the medication 1 hour before a meal. I called the Pharmacy to let them know their directions were incorrect (after I started feeling better) and all I got was an apology and a "I have no control over what is printed on that label". I won't get medication here again, if they print incorrect directions, they could really do harm to someone!

Original review: June 5, 2014

Target has been my default pharmacy for the past year for convenience of location between my home and most of my doctors' offices, and because any store can access my account when I travel. Then they started charging $27, and now $30 for 90 ** that had been $10 for 90 both there and has it had been at Walmart/Sam's Club previously. This is with the same Medicare BC/BS Advantage PPO plan that includes prescription drugs that I've had for two years. The pharmacist gave no explanation other than "That's the price." Really, it's still $10 for 90 at Walmart! And there's a new Walmart even closer to my house. Well, that's the end of my doing business at Target, Red card or no Red card. I'm voting with my feet, and with this complaint and several other consumer blog site entries.

Original review: May 18, 2014

I have filled my prescriptions at Target from both by my primary Dr. and my pain Dr for several years now... I went in last week and was told they will no longer fill my prescriptions, for pain meds, blood pressure med, nothing, and would not tell me why. They gave me the phone number of guest relations, which told me they can't tell me anything. I know I have done nothing wrong. And I was treated like a dog.

Original review: May 7, 2014

On May 5, 2014 I went to pick up my medicine from CVS who has had my prescription since May 2, 2014 because they needed to order my medicine. When I went to pick it up they stated that they could not get it due to the company they deal with is not shipping anymore at this time. So, I decided to take the prescription that they given back to me to Target. I have used this store for all my prescription for at least the last 10 years. I put in my prescription, was told that they had my pain meds and that they would be ready in 30 minutes (6:50). I got back to pick up my meds, gave another clerk my name and she said it is not here.

I said "ask her, she took the prescription." She said "you must talk to him." ** yelled from behind the second counter. "I am not filling this for you. You are the person who called your Doctor before on me when I refused to fill your other medicine". I said "yes". He then replied "I am not dealing with you again with this. This prescription was already filled." I said "you are being rude and I am not understanding because CVS didn't have the medicine". I then went to my car and called my insurance company who told me that the last time this medicine was filled which was a stronger dose was in Feb. 2013. I am a person who has several chronic illnesses.

I am not a person who abuses drugs of any kind however, I have been treated like an addict without cause. People who suffer and require medicine that are being cared for by three different doctors, who were not notified of an abuse issue or any concern due to the medicine that I prescribed by doctors, who have worked with me from deaths door to managing my connective tissue disorder that causes me pain. However, I live life and keep positive. However, this issue has me dissatisfied and upset. I hope don"t want people to be treated the way I was due to ignorance and not facts.

Target Pharmacy Company Information