RiteAid Pharmacy

RiteAid Pharmacy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

RiteAid Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RiteAid?

Original review: March 22, 2017

In my small community we only have 2 options. RiteAid or Safeway. RiteAid is so much nicer, better layout which affords clients with more privacy. They will mail out your Rx if you live away from town or it's not ready when you arrive.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I had contacted RiteAid a couple of months ago to express my disappointment concerning their distribution of an inferior generic for "**". One of their vendors for "**" is MALLINCKRODT PHARMACEUTICALS. Their formulation of this drug has been consistently rated "BX" which may be sold to the public, but lacks the same Therapeutic Equivalence as the brand. The main demographic for this drug is SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN suffering from ADHD. RITEAID continues to distribute this medication.

Original review: March 15, 2017

** is her name and she is a human angel. The RiteAid Pharmacy in Fayetteville, North Carolina, 3716 Morganton Rd. is where she works. My wife was diagnosed three weeks ago and found out that her insurance does not cover the medications. ** calls every other day to let her know that she is trying everyday to get her medications approved. She calls after hours just to make sure she knows that she is still working on her case. ** has a beautiful soul, and we should have more people like her in the world. Thumbs up and kudos to **!!! =)

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have been going to this location for a couple of years now to get my prescriptions. Everyone there is always nice, courteous and very helpful. However, there is one pharmacist that is always rude to me. I didn't get his name, but he is **, slim build and wears glasses and brown hair. The last few times I've come in he tells me they don't have the medication in stock. The same thing happened today, except this time I asked if he could look to see if other pharmacies had the medication. He said no.

Since going to this pharmacy anytime they are out of a medication other pharmacists tell me when the expect to get the medication and they locate other Rite Aids that do have the medication so I'm not driving all over the place. Furthermore, they give this information without me even having to ask. I'm not sure what this particular pharmacist problem is, but I feel he is rude and his tone when he speaks is as if I'm an addict or something. The pharmacy is great, but one person is going to ruin it for all those that are doing their job with courtesy.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was ignored when trying to pick up my medications that I needed, and when going home to take my medication, I observed missing pills in two bottles, when calling back to the RiteAid store the assistant put me on hold for 5 minutes, I made three attempts. No answer. Fourth call pharmacist answer. He seem to be confuse or just playing on my intelligence, I was ignored while a customer walked up and received help when I was in the store for about a half an hour, with hardly no customers in the store. Picture that. This was humiliating and downright wrong. Was an value customer for years. Not anymore.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I have been a customer w/ card for nearly 40 years. 30 some years in Brigantine N.J. and moved to Norristown, Pa. recently. I get all my Rx's from RiteAid 1400 w. Main St. Norristown, Pa. 19403. Today I went to the store to make two purchases for my well-being. I had an emergency and had to use the men's room. I waited for 3 to 5 minutes outside the locked mens rm. door (thinking someone was in there). I finally asked one of the very few workers if I needed a buzz or a key, something... she said "Yes, it's up front." Did I say emergency??? I had to walk at least 30 yards to get a key for my problem... I am 80 years old and every #1 or #2 needs expeditious caring for.

WELL, WHEN I WENT INSIDE I ALMOST SOILED MY SHORTS AND NEARLY VOMITED!!! IT WAS FILTHY TO SAY THE LEAST. Crap on the seat, wall, and the dirty lye stain on the toilet wall hadn't seen a brush in months... maybe years. The damn floor was scummy dirty, not something I want my trouser cuff to be laying in... I have never complained about sanitary conditions before but being a business that promoted cleanliness and health... this Rite-Aid store SUCKED. I am sincerely considering moving over to CVS.

BTW I did complain to manager up front as I returned the mens rm key (a damn joke to think a key was necessary to experience this or keep people away). In two days I am returning to this RiteAid to see if they made any improvements in the conditions... If nothing is done, I will write a lengthy letter w/ pixs to the Penna. Board of Health. Thank you you rich SOB's for allowing me to feel miserable all this day. I can't count all the RX's I had purchased there... I am retired disabled military and it hurts me to know that I had to resort to this action, it never would have happened in "the Corps." Thank you...

Original review: March 4, 2017

I had worked for four aid for four years. As a pharm tech. I have continuing problems with the RiteAid Colchester, CT store. Pharmacy manager Lisa **. She turns insane after 4 months of working for her. Makes entire store look bad.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I have a great experience with them. When I get there they know me and check to make sure I have all my scripts and when I'm due again. They're nice and courteous, smile when they see you, know what scripts are ready and will ask if I mind waiting while they check if any scripts need approval or updated. If so they ask if I want to wait or come back. They will apologize if there's a problem.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

They have great location, staff, selection for general merchandise. Excellent pharmacy staff with great attention to detail, fast service, always available to explain and answer any questions, super nice and knowledgeable. Quick checkout and they always remember me. Never any problems or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Would like to see little Negrin hours for the pharmacy and I am somewhat concerned about the turnover of pharmacists. Three I particularly liked left within the past two years, two of which left within months of each other. These gentlemen seemed experienced and concerned with the consumers' welfare. The people that replaced them are considerably younger, and while friendly, I am somewhat concerned that they may not have the depth of experience possessed by their predecessors. Also, there are a couple of products my husband and I would like to see in stock there: Pears' soap, more of a selection of Jewish-themed cards, **, IBgard.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My Rite Aid in Owings Mills Maryland is open 24 hours 365 days a year, which is very important to me. The pharmacist and techs have always been able to answer any questions that I have. They make you feel like family. Everyone who comes in feels this way. They know most of their customers by name and greet you like you were an old friend. Any problems that may arise, they will go out of their way to resolve it and do it with a smile. They are very busy and serve a lot of people so the wait time can be up to 2 hours, even when waiting in store for your script to be filled. For their rewards program, you earn money in the form of redeemable coupons when you fill scripts or purchase certain products and get discounts on certain products which can help make their higher prices more reasonable. I will never go any place else.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

There's a long line and the staff has more talking and laughing than waiting on customers. Also, they were not that knowledgeable about certain medicines. The rewards program is null and store hours are not convenient.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Their service in Vidalia is great. The pharmacists at my Rite Aid store keep track of our medications so we do not get medicines that interfere with each other. The service is fast and friendly, and they all know our names and if someone else picks up the scripts they want to know why I'm not there.

Resolution response: April 23, 2017

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I just had to switch and so far am very pleased with my first visit. I was in & out within 10 minutes, very surprising! The pharmacist was the only one there, really professional, personable & kind. The store was quite empty when I went but I'm sure they have their busy times. However, if they are normally close to this quick, I'd gladly trade my old place that had later hours & a drive-thru every day!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

RiteAid Pharmacy is close and convenient for my daily schedule to pick up my prescriptions. My pick ups are not always ready when they say but they always contact me to tell me and that saves me a lot of time. So I really appreciate that part and they are very friendly and ready to do whatever it takes to make sure I leave with a smile on my face. It's hard to find that kind of service so I thank the good work of the pharmacy at RiteAid. They're not perfect but they do a good job and they care. Keep up the great work.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

They were the ones that informed me about getting flu shots, shingle shots etc. They are helpful with medication questions but service is just slow at times.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

The store is located in an area 50+ miles from the nearest major pharmacy competitor; nevertheless, it provides excellent service. The local store has recently been renovated and the staff has always been friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

The store needs updating and increase the store opening hours. Improve the pharmacy people based on knowledge and skills and they need to be a people person in that line of field meaning they need to be more helpful and caring and willing and wanting to help the patrons who come in to have their prescriptions taken care of. They all act as if they are made to be there, they are not friendly don't want to help you. They always have a frown on their faces. Knowledge level is very low.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Preston from Store # 05840 thought he could command me to get to the back of the line when I had already stood in line for 5 minutes. What happened was that people after me started a line on their own. The manager Rose saw that I had already been waiting, but this ** punk wanted to educate me on how many lines there were and if there is only one then I should get in the back of the line. I told him... "I was here before everyone and I'm not getting in line again. Get me your manager," at which, the aforementioned, Rose, the manager told him "Preston, he was already there before everyone." I'm a couponer, so I told him "That's right, so take me and my coupons!" That pissed him off so much and he sent me over to Rose and called the next customer. Rude Rude Rude, I am never shopping at this RiteAid ever again. Wanting to school me on lines and such? Rude **!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The 'rewards program' is a sham; a person has to buy quite a bit just to gain back a few bucks. Generally, this particular 'store' is somewhat below average in personnel, mainly because of personnel turn-over and mostly lack of merchandise that's advertised on sales ads; however, the store's well stocked when it comes to liquor/beer/wine!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

This has been my pharmacy and store for 16 years and the people are wonderful and knowledgeable. There have been some changes in pharmacists but not in their quality of care of customers. They are always willing to answer questions and if they don't know they find out.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

They're friendly and knowledgeable. It be better if the store was open 24 hours but I understand that it's not and why it's not in that location. So overall a good experience all the way around. It might be good too if I actually used their rewards program.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My RiteAid pharmacy is fast and efficient and they make it a point to get to know everyone's name... even though they only see me in the drive-thru. On the rare occasion I enter the store, it is always clean and organized. Plus, the staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

A great place to get your prescriptions, friendly staff and always try and make the wait as short as possible. I really like the pharmacist at this location as he is always ready to help, even jumps in when the line is getting long. Never have had a prescription filled wrong and they have great deals on other over the counter items also.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I like shopping at Riteaid, everyone is always so friendly and helpful and the pharmacy staff knows so much about my prescriptions and the other medications that I am prescribed and they all know me by name. They acknowledge me when I walk up to the pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I recently switched insurance companies and wasn't sure if my new insurance had a contract with Walmart pharmacies, which I'd been using before the switch, so when the nurse asked me which pharmacy I wanted them to send my refills prescriptions to I told them to fax them to RiteAid since I knew my new insurance was accepted by them.

I've been fighting for two weeks now to get my pain meds filled all because the pharmacist had two "major" problems: 1) They didn't want to fill it since I had previously been going to Walmart pharmacy and I even told them the reason I switched was because I was unsure whether Walmart accepted my new insurance or not and knew that RiteAid did and I tried getting this fixed with my pain management office and I've called their office at least 20 times now trying to understand what the problem is and why they're making me suffer and 2) The pharmacist saw that besides my pain patches I am also prescribed **, which he said he didn't feel comfortable filling the patches if I am also taking **, but the ** is for breakthrough pain and is nowhere near comparable in pain relief as the patches are and so I have been fighting tooth and nail to get my patches filled as that is the main source for my pain relief.

I have been suffering through terrible withdrawals and haven't slept more than an hour here and there. I am EXTREMELY pissed off that pharmacists are overruling the decisions of what doctors are prescribing to their patients just because "they don't feel comfortable with it." This is highly unethical and unacceptable for patients with chronic pain and is a violation of the Hippocratic oath when it states, "At first, do no harm," and it is causing me immense harm by not only suffering with excruciating pain due to failed back surgery and Fibromyalgia but also suffering the withdrawals from a medication I've been on for almost 10 years now! It is irresponsible to cut a patient off of something so strong without tapering as it is extremely dangerous and can be fatal, so he should be more worried of my dying because I have NOTHING else to help me!!! RiteAid pharmacists are **!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Everyone I've been exposed is helpful and willing to provide assistance. You can usually hear "can I help you" or when there's long line of customers employees say "Open up. Done in under 5 minutes". Pharmacists are very professional and even know what aisles items are in and instruct techs to show customers. I'm very pleased with RiteAid.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

No reward program for RX - Despite heavy volume from closed independent pharmacy. Space is also very limited for the increased volume, including a drive-in. There usually are four pharmacists, they answer my occasional question thoroughly. Plus, employees are knowledgeable and courteous. Phoning a refill is done in automated manner and very efficiently. Phone access is easy and responsiveness is professional.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The pharmacy staff is friendly and knowledgeable, but at times overwhelmed by customers and phone calls. There need to be more people working behind the counter. Generally, I don't know why we can't have pharmacies like in Germany. You walk in with a prescription and have it filled immediately. If they don't have it in stock in the morning, they'll have it in the afternoon, or sometimes deliver it to your house.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They make you feel like your health is important to them. I ran out of a blood pressure med that I had been taking for a while and the pharmacy gave me a 3 day fill on until my Dr was available to refill the order, making sure that there was no time I had to be without medication.

RiteAid Pharmacy Company Information