formerly Prescription Solutions

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

This company doesn't CARE or even attempt to fix their errors....nothing is their fault. All they do is transfer you around and put the blame on different department. God forbid you need your meds because the initial approval can take a MONTH and then they will make NUMEROUS errors and constantly lie to get you off the phone. You will spend countless hours calling them...

Original review: May 22, 2020

I went to do this review and lo and behold - they have a ton of 1 star ratings. I have to take a non-generic brand of a medication. I must have called 4 times trying to get them and my Dr. coordinated. I was told by OptumRX even last time on the phone that the drug would never be approved even with the Dr. sending in the prior authorization form. So ... I spent 2 days getting it filled at a "regular" pharmacy - first Walgreens where they said they were not allowed to fill it, it had to be through OptumRx or a CVS. I finally got it filled about 10 days ago. What do I get in the mail today? Another 90 day supply. How can they refuse to fill my prescription, but then they are able to refill it 10 days later. Run, people, run.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

After utilizing the order-by-mail refill for approximately 10 years with intermittent problems, I now cannot even access the site at all! My computer tells me it "cannot open this page". It tells me that over and over again, no matter to which Optum suggestion (per Google) I go. When I call for help they "think it must be my browser", a browser the works on all other sites as it always has. Their suggestion that I undo my membership and "re-up" makes no sense because I cannot raise the Optum site or home page to do so. This company's track record is extremely poor and (now) I see why. The people at the other end of the "Help" line are, sadly not equipped to help.

Original review: May 14, 2020

My job switched to Optum prior to the start of the year. Worst I've ever had. Many of my once covered rxs are now not. I've been through the mill finding rxs that work. Now I can't get them. Had a medication that was coming through the mail. USPS refused delivery twice. Wasnt until I called USPS that I found out a signature was required (not noted in USPS or OptumRx apps). I have a job. How can I be home to sign for meds? Can my husband sign? No. Oh, you'll deliver it to a different address so I can sign for it? So, should I just leave my students in the middle of class to meet USPS somewhere on campus?

I finally got a medical condition under control with a very specific drug that works differently than the others in its class. I've been symptom free for about 2 months. It was covered before. Now it's not. There isn't a precert for this one either. Stay away. Stay far away. Encourage your employer to keep looking if they are considering optumrx. Seriously.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Customer service seems to have people in different countries that speak very little English. I have spoken to several in the past week to explain my problem and they have no idea what I'm talking about! And it's such a simple matter that I could not have explained more thoroughly and painstakingly. I needed new prescriptions for 2 medications. They sent the request for renewals to the wrong fax - twice. It was back and forth between the doctor's office and OptumRx to get the correct fax number from the doctor and to get OptumRx to send it to the correct fax#. Finally it was sent to the doctor to renew and he renewed it. Two days later I got an e-mail from OptumRx telling me I needed to call my doctor because he had not approved the renewal. This was for the same 2 meds that he had just approved! It was on the way so I didn't bother calling my doctor.

3 days later I got yet another e-mail telling me again to get in touch with my doctor as he wouldn't renew the Rx. I then checked my on-line account with OptumRx and saw that these 2 medications had been ordered 3 times and had 3 different order numbers! I asked that they please delete the last 2 orders as no doctor will approve the same meds 3 times - although I wouldn't mind a 9 month supply! He looked in my account and could clearly see all 3 orders with different numbers and that one of them had been approved and was on its way. When I again asked if he would delete the 2nd and 3rd orders and asked why they would even order 2 meds 3 times for the same person. Then he asked me, "so you don't want us to get your doctor's approval for these meds?" With that I realized I was talking to a buffoon and hung up. No excuse for this - and to think these people get paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I am on a automatic refill every 3 months of ** 250mg. I usually receive it 3 weeks before I am out. I had only a week left and still had not received it. I called and told them I would be out in 5 days and there was a weekend during those 5 days. She said she expedited the prescription. They take the money out of my account when it is filled and shipped. They had taken their money so I thought it had been shipped.

I received an email 2 days later saying "URGENT OUT OF STOCK". I received the email on a Thursday. I called them and they said they were out and they don’t know if they are getting it back. I asked what should I do and she said to call around to find out if someone had it then have a script called in to whoever has it. I had to call 3 pharmacies and found it. I called back and talked to a supervisor. She said the order was put in 2 days before. I told her I called in because I didn’t receive it and am on an automatic refill. She said I would have gotten the script this week but I said I get it 3-4 weeks before I’m out. She was no help and could care less about the predicament I was in. You can stop a medication like that AND I would never had known if I didn’t check my email. What if I didn’t have internet. They can not be trusted for your prescriptions. Be careful if they are life threatening prescriptions.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Went to refill a couple prescriptions and noticed that some that I seldom used were expired so I clicked to have them renewed, did not click to have them refilled!!! Well they refilled them and charged me and when I called they told me they can't have them returned or refund my money. They could only do that if I was on Medicare. Don't get that at all. One I got I see now can be gotten over the counter, maybe they were trying to get rid of their stock. Will use Walgreens from now on.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This company is a bad joke. Forced to have them due to company buyout. Denied vital medication and 4 appeals so far, despite this being a covered drug and my meeting the criteria per their own guidelines. Cannot have any quality of life without this medication. Have been on it for 5 years prior, no issues with past insurers. No proper communication from OptumRX, takes forever to get a person and they are no help. Website keeps failing out. I hate this company and the stress they have put me under, as well as the work they have caused my doctor and his staff.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Our Insurance company chose Optum for our Medication benefits, we are not at all happy with this company. We will be filing a report about the way they handle my medications. Medications that I have been on and no substitute they are now denying, and since I did not want their mail order every medication that I am on there is a problem with. My Doctors are disgusted with this company and my 4 Doctors are getting together to do a major complaint against Optum. If you can stay away from this Company.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Program does not work. Set up auto refills for 93 yr old mom. Myself as authorized co signer. Meds never send automatically. I call each month, told I am not authorized. Claim to fix, do not. Worst company. Disrespectful.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information