formerly Prescription Solutions

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I am very satisfied with my mail-in pharmacy, they are always so helpful and courteous in answering my questions and concerns. I am always treated as a valued customer. I never have to wait long.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love the fact that I get a 3 month supply of my prescriptions and I do not have to contact my doctor every time I need a refill, they do all of that for me, then lo and behold, my script arrives.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Shipping is fast, quick to get meds when you don’t have any. Friendly, professional. They make sure your needs are met. Home delivery is the way to go. No standing in lines. Straight to your mailbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have been using OptumRX for over 5 years and have found no problems with my prescriptions nor with their Customer Services. I truly cannot understand all the negative responses that appear on the comments.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We have had nothing but positive experiences with OptumRx thus far. Prescriptions are arriving on time. They even called us to let us know we did not have to call back for meds that would be able to be filled at a later date as they would be set to auto refill. They have seemed very knowledgeable and have answered all our questions. They were also very nice to talk with over the phone.

Our doctor is used to approving prescriptions for OptumRx from his other patients and approved it right away, so maybe that is why some reviews are so negative if their doctors did not approve quickly, or maybe OptumRx has improved recently based on negative feedback. We almost cancelled after reading all the negative reviews but are glad we did not because now my mother can get her meds for free and also delivered. I hope they continue to provide us with the same great service as they have been. They even told us when the delivery was shipped and when it should arrive and thus far have been correct.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

For years I've been using Optumrx, and their customer service are so incompetent it's a crime. This review is a consumer warning. Do Not ever put your scripts on auto delivery or if you get a text that a medication is due and there's no cost showing don't reply. My last order for diabetic supplies ended up processing thru the billing dept incorrectly to the tune of $435 - it should've been $0. I noticed the charge in my bank acct & called to cancel because their website said it was still processing, rep I spoke with said no prob, order cancelled. Something told me to Check the website again 15 min later, well that script was now showing in shipping. Called again, told yes indeed it was in shipping and since there was a tracking number nothing could be done. Then the fun started - went on to correct the billing, after 2 days was told to call my insurance co because the error was their fault.

Onto a conference call between me, UH & optumrx - somehow my script was put thru prescription discount card instead of the insurance. Oh boy - I've never even used a discount card. Optumrx claimed they couldn't correct the billing but would refund the charge, send me a RMA kit to return the supplies and told me I would see the credit within 24hrs. This started on 12-31-20, as of today 1-8-21 there's still no credit on the acct, been on the phone for the 5th time and now being told the credit went thru on 1-7, requested to talk with accounting dept and was told that can't be done and the only way for contact is email - seriously? WTH. I won't be giving this joke of a co anymore of my business and will be emailing my insurance Co about their unbelievable incompetence and non English speaking reps.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been without my heart medicine for 6 days. Optum is suppose to automatically send out your prescriptions if you sign up for it. When I saw I was going to run out I called them and got the runaround. I finally agreed to pay extra for quicker service. I am still waiting for my prescription.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

The last time we order ** insulin the site said it costs so much a dose as a co-pay after our insurance payment. When our credit card arrived and we figured out the actual cost we were floored. The cost was 12.5 time that much when locally we could have gotten it for half that cost. When I called they explained the insurance companies payment process payments and co-pays, not why they suckered us in with a lowball price. Even after I complained the fake price is still on their site. We'll deal with local pharmacies from now on.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My husband and I began using Optum Rx for prescriptions a couple years ago with our insurance plan. In December my husband ordered heart medications he needs for Afib. Well here it is January 6 and they still getting runaround. It has gone beyond stressful! They don't care that the meds are sitting in Florida!! What kind. Of place is this. Beware! If you take necessary meds rethink using optum!!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Online submitted a request to refill an RX on file on 1/3/2021 (that was the date Optum's website showed it could be refilled). Its website showed it would be processed immediately. Checked the website on 1/4/21 to see the processing status. Showed no action had been taken. Sent an e-mail message via a link on their website asking what was going on. Got answer they were looking into it.

Heard nothing further so on 1/5/21, I called. Spoke to their rep who said the issue was they were having an issue with my mailing address. This is strange (actually a lie) since I've been a customer for over 8 years, haven't moved in all that time and had received an order from them just a few days ago. I verified my address. Rep told me the order would be processed immediately and on an expedited basis. Checked on 1/6/21. Now the website shows that it won't be processed (it will not ship for at least a day) until more than 2 weeks from the date I called. Even expedited I'll be out for at least 5 and I'm not sure this order will actually be expedited. Nothing better than a local pharm except the price. If you sign up for Medicare part D do not sign up with them or United Healthcare which uses Optum for their mail order supplier. You'll regret it.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information