formerly Prescription Solutions

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

Unsubscribe at any time.

OptumRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have been using OptumRX for over 5 years and have found no problems with my prescriptions nor with their Customer Services. I truly cannot understand all the negative responses that appear on the comments.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We have had nothing but positive experiences with OptumRx thus far. Prescriptions are arriving on time. They even called us to let us know we did not have to call back for meds that would be able to be filled at a later date as they would be set to auto refill. They have seemed very knowledgeable and have answered all our questions. They were also very nice to talk with over the phone.

Our doctor is used to approving prescriptions for OptumRx from his other patients and approved it right away, so maybe that is why some reviews are so negative if their doctors did not approve quickly, or maybe OptumRx has improved recently based on negative feedback. We almost cancelled after reading all the negative reviews but are glad we did not because now my mother can get her meds for free and also delivered. I hope they continue to provide us with the same great service as they have been. They even told us when the delivery was shipped and when it should arrive and thus far have been correct.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I notice that a lot of complaints are about ordering over the phone, I do all of my ordering online without ever having a problem. I had to call up once to order and it took a couple of minutes, however I have had a couple of problems with other thing. My advice, ORDER ONLINE.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Do not use this company! In this health plan which using OptumRx for 9 months and been trying to get my one and only prescription filled for the last 6 weeks. Disapproved exactly one day after they sent prior approval request to doctor. OptumRx claimed to appeal needed list of all other medications ever used for this condition (used this RX for 30 years). Sent them list of all medications/treatments used and got message from Dr and OptumRX that it was approved and processing.

Went into online system a few days later and system shows needed payment information, yet I never received email or text to that effect. Put in payment information and instead of $15 co-pay, the payment amount by me is $493 for 2 tubes of cream! Called their customer service which appears to be overseas and spoke to a representative to canceled the order as there was no way to do this online. Representative claimed this is a tier 3 drug and that is why the price is over $200 each. The price without insurance at club stores is about $65! Completely inefficient and changing my insurance during this current open enrollment so that I no longer have to use their pharmacy services. Absolutely awful communication and poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I used to think highly of this company. Unfortunately, not anymore. Reordered a prescription and it did not show what the cost would be. The next day I see that they deducted over $270 from my checking account for it! I checked online to see what all of my other prescriptions would cost and they all said the cost was unavailable. So I looked them up using their price checking feature. Prescriptions that cost me $0 in the past, now cost me money. One of them that had a small charge now was $50 more! No notification or any communication from them warning of the increase. I sent them and my prescription plan an email asking what is going on but have not yet heard back from either.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We utilized Optum RX to order ** for our patient, whom has been on it for several months. We were told on a Thursday that the order was verified and delivery would be on the following Monday (when patient's appointment was). Every work day after that I have been on the phone with Optum RX because they needed more information. Every phone conversation I had to continually provide the same information such as provider name, office location, DEA number, etc. Each conversation I was told they needed something different, that something was incorrect or wrong. I called back every day after and provided the additional information but each person I talked to said they needed something else.

After 4 days of calls to Optum, requiring something more from us each time with no delivery set up, we decided to go with another pharmacy. Immediately we were set up with delivery of ** for our patient. This was the worst experience with a pharmacy so far in my nursing career. They seemed to not know what was going on, ever, and delayed our patient's care.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

This is the worst possible specialty pharmacy I have ever done business with. They are unorganized, their customer service reps are hard to understand, and their billing department SUCKS! If my insurance would go through any other company besides OptumRX for my Botox for my migraine treatments, I would get down on my knees and kiss the ground. This pharmacy doesn't provide medicine to treat my migraines, they actually have caused me MORE migraines. I am typically very patient, but when I wait on the phone for 30 minutes to be transferred to someone who can help me with my bill, and then they hang up on me? Ridiculous. Why can a company with horrible reviews continue to operate, and take advantage of consumers? This makes me sick.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Called OptumRX this morning and placed on HOLD for over an hour, and finally requested a callback. Got callback 5 min later and was placed on hold again, hung up. Finally called United Health Care, the parent company of OptumRX and talked to a rep. there. He tried for a half hour to reach a OptumRX rep. and finally got a hold of one in the Philippines. She could not do anything about the issues. UHC/OptumRX do not care about the service they have. AARP should be ashamed to endorse this company, must be getting a kickback.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I ordered a well-known generic prescription (**) using their website. Received an email that the order in process. No delivery or message for two weeks. When totally out of prescription, decided to see what is happening. Check their site, tried to reorder it, the site didn't take my order. Called UHC to see what is going on, they connected me to a pharmacist she apologized and said they are out of stock! If it was a critical medicine, I would have been in emergency room. In their system, patient critical needs is not one of their priorities. They are only there to make money by selling you more drugs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I used OptumRx several years ago & stopped because of poor delivery & poor customer service. At the prodding of United Healthcare, I tried using this service again. I received an email that my ** refill had an issue & could not be shipped. Customer service placed me on hold for 30 minutes & then shut off. On subsequent calls, the same thing happened. I made several attempts and could not reach anyone.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information