formerly Prescription Solutions

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have been using Optum RX for 4 years. I have never had any problems with getting my prescription refilled, they send me a notification when they are sending it. (I am on the automatic delivery.) I HAVE had problems with the doctor not responding to Optum's request, which has delayed my prescription, other than that, my medications have been taking a lot longer to get here because of the problems with the post office. All of our community is having problems with delivery (as is the rest of the country). I was sent Christmas Cards that took 3 weeks to get here! It is not Optum's fault that the post office is having problems.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I am very satisfied with my mail-in pharmacy, they are always so helpful and courteous in answering my questions and concerns. I am always treated as a valued customer. I never have to wait long.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I love the fact that I get a 3 month supply of my prescriptions and I do not have to contact my doctor every time I need a refill, they do all of that for me, then lo and behold, my script arrives.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Shipping is fast, quick to get meds when you don’t have any. Friendly, professional. They make sure your needs are met. Home delivery is the way to go. No standing in lines. Straight to your mailbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have been using OptumRX for over 5 years and have found no problems with my prescriptions nor with their Customer Services. I truly cannot understand all the negative responses that appear on the comments.

Original review: April 11, 2021

OptumRx is a awful awful company to try to dispense your Prescription. I would advise you go elsewhere to get it done. It will take weeks if not months to get it filled. This place is a joke and I’m not sure how they stay in business other than a strong arming insurance companies to force you to fill your prescription through their service.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Optum screws its patients and providers out of covering anything. It especially screws providers trying to provide mental health services. Just do not do it. If you are a company who is thinking of buying this for your employees, use Optum only if you want your employees to leave you

Original review: April 5, 2021

If you need a medication that requires a Pre authorization, I feel sorry for you. I have been trying to get my husband's prescription approved for over three months. They deny, deny, deny and then require you and the doctor to jump through hoops. They put the person needing the medication in the middle. They lie and say they did not get the pre authorization letter the doctor wrote so that you have to make MANY phone calls between them and the doctor's office. You speak to a person that is "offshore". When you can't get them to understand what you need and request to speak to a supervisor they tell you there isn't one. They had the wrong mg. for the medication and so denied the medicine.

When we finally received a letter stating that the denial was reversed, we were happy only to receive a phone call stating that we needed a pre authorization. When I told them we have a letter stating approval, they couldn't find it in their system. Unbelievable!!! They will not call the doctor's office if they need something, they send cryptic messages through the portal that do not really tell you anything. You are forced to call them and be on the phone for hours over nothing. If only they would do their job and help people but they do not care to do that. If you do not have to use them, don't. They are despicable.

Original review: April 2, 2021

OptumRx provides consistent low levels of service. It can take 2 weeks to over 2 months to fill a prescription, and some may never be filled. The worst part is that the company really doesn’t care. I have filed several complaints and even managers are not responsive. If I could give them lower than a 1 star rating I would. My recommendation is to go to Walgreens, CVS or any of the other pharmacies and avoid this mail order service at all costs.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I had to change to Optum Rx when I enrolled with United Health Care. From day one my time has been wasted on the phone getting switched from one department to another and getting nothing done to get my ** medication. The total lack of concern when one calls is crystal clear. Here's the time frame: This past Friday, spent 3.7 hours/phone. Saturday 4.2 hours/phone. Monday 4.6 hours and still no answers to my questions....they lie, lie, lie... blaming everyone else for their inept service, knowledge. Getting a prior authorization completed is a total joke with rude personnel at every level.

I was transferred 6 times to different departments getting the run around each time and still no answers to critical questions concerning my medication. All the hoops that one must go through is astounding again with NO resolution to the problem. Playing the blame game when it comes to a medication that is extending my life is WRONG, dead WRONG... I'm sitting here tearful and beyond being upset...no meds in my near future. Shameful!!!

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information