3.11/5

formerly Prescription Solutions

OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our high-quality, integrated services deliver optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service. We are an Optum company - the world's largest provider of integrated health services.

OptumRx Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I am a type 1 diabetic and I just found out that it will cost me $550/month for ONE of my two insulin prescriptions. I'm a permanent resident with a PhD in molecular biology, working for one of the largest biotech companies in the world but I think I will have to quit my job and move back to Sweden. And in Sweden insulin is free. You don't pay anything for insulin.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I talked to an OptumRX rep 2 days ago and told him to HOLD on fulfilling my prescription because I found it to be 4 times less at my local Medicap Pharmacy. He said he would hold but I just received an email saying my prescription was refilled and they charged me $175 when my local Maedicap pharmacy was charging 1/3 that price. I will sue if needed just to make a point. This needs to stop!!!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

They told me that I would pay a $ 10 copayment for a medicine, but I needed to talk to my doctor to send the prescription directly to them, finally when I got the doctor to send the prescription to them, the copayment changed from $ 10 dollars to $ 120 dollars.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Per their website they ask to email them with issues or concerns and that was what I did. It was regarding a couple prescriptions questions but they never responded to my emails. So It was a waste of time. Same thing happened when I called a representative and the rep was not helpful at all.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This review is for OptumRX prescription fulfillment department, as I believe they are the one that managed United healthcare claims for prescription drugs. I had to leave for a trip outside of the country for an emergency, and left one of my prescriptions medication. Well, unexpected things happened. Due to this I had no way of taking my medication. Imagine having the need for your medication when you are in a foreign country. Not a very desirable situation! Luckily one of my close friend was getting ready to join me. He had his flight leave about a week after mine. By this time I had already missing a week worth of medication. I called my doctor's office and tried to coordinate with my pharmacy. My doctor cleared me to have an emergency refill - which is what they called a vacation override. The pharmacy near my friends house is accommodating by keeping me updated with the request.

Of course the only problem lies with Optu. Not only they refused to grant me my vacation override, this has been a 5 days of hell trying to coordinate international calls from different countries to 3 different parties. I was on hold for 2 hours at a time trying to get ahold of someone with authority to grant me my medication. Have this been a life threatening medication, I would have died. Lesson learned. Optum people are not people who put humans first. They rather put profit first and cover their ** first before you. In the end, my friend could not pick a up a prescription for me to bring. And all 5 days of efforts along with international calls were just wasted. No meds....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OptumRx?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I am FORCED to process ONE of my prescriptions through home order for whatever reason they have never completely explained. I have never ONCE got my order on time or without serious aggravation. They either put my life saving medication on hold, don't send it, don't call for refills, claim my address is wrong.... It goes on and on. Straw that broke the Camels back was Technical support in India, she couldn't understand my accent so kept asking me to repeat myself, as I was already super frustrated and angry, I just got angrier, I could hear people laughing in the background. Must have been hilarious to them to withhold my medication while they laugh. I don't throw this word around lightly but I HATE OptumRX. If you can get out of using them do so. If you are forced to use them like me, I feel your pain.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Do yourself a favor and do NOT order through their mail program no matter now much they try to tell you to. It is NOT cheaper. In my situation, going to the local pharmacy was $19 without insurance for my prescription and going through the OptumRX, it was $160 after insurance. Unreal, but true! Also, the process to get your prescriptions is a nightmare and it takes weeks. Once you send them a prescription, (it has to be done via snail mail), they have to verify it and they will be calling your Doctor to do that, which can take days and weeks before you get approval. Then, they will just charge your credit card you have entered on the app whatever amount they feel like it without even getting your prior authorization for the amount. They charge when they ship, so you can't stop the shipment once you have determined they have already bill you. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Filling prescriptions with OptumRx is a real pain. The doctor’s office calls in the scrip but OptumRx won’t fill it because they need further clarification. What else can they possibly need? They have the drug, the dosage and quantity. What else? Every time I try to fill a script with them it always turns into a real hassle. They need to get their process together and stop harassing the patient as well as the doctor. Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had a heart attack three years ago and take a Statin and a Blood Pressure med. I realized early in the process that receiving my medications automatically would reduce stress and help me make sure I take what I am supposed to take. My Cardiologist's office recommended OptumRX. I called them five days ago to order more Blood Pressure meds as my dosage had increased; I let them know that I only had a four day supply left and coordinated with my Cardiologist's office to make sure OptumRX had the appropriate authorizations. OptumRX assured me that they would fulfill my order and sent out a confirmation email.

Five days expired today, I am out of meds and called OptumRX to see where my shipment was; I was told that no shipment had been sent out, as they were out of stock. They did not make any effort to contact me and had no intention of doing so; if we were talking about an order of socks, I would still consider this horrible customer service, but we are not talking about socks, we are talking about life saving meds. Why is this company still licensed????

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I ordered my refill this morning, last ordered 90 days ago to pay nearly $20 extra. I was told the manufacturer increased the prices. This is the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. I hope the State of New Jersey drops them as the pharmacy company that fills state employee prescriptions. State of New Jersey should take a very close look at OptumRx.

OptumRx (formerly Prescription Solutions) Company Information