3.28/5
Based on 1,142 ratings submitted in the last year

Express Scripts Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

It is so much easier using a local pharmacy! I'm in a constant battle trying to get my medications through this company. DHL is their method of shipping and my packages are always delayed. Nobody ever knows anything. According to Express Scripts it's not their fault because they ship timely, DHL states it's not their fault and post office states it wasn't dropped off. Of course they have no issue in stating they can charge me again for a month supply to hold me over until it arrives, but I have to wait 5 days before they will even do that. Then it will take about a week to get that package if it even makes it to you or not delayed. You have to wait a total of 30 days before they will refund you any money and I highly doubt that will go any smoother.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Had to go back and forth several times with their customer service when they claimed it was an issue with my pharmacy, who I’ve been using with no issues for years. They originally said we had to use name brand prescriptions but when we called back later disputing the issue they blamed the pharmacy. Buyer beware and aware.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

This company is an absolute disaster. Because of an error with the Citibank system, I discovered I had over paid. Express Scripts outsources billing & customer service to 2 different companies. Not even can the customer service company get any results from the billing company. I have been waiting for six weeks for a refund of my money. I was told by customer service to call during work-week hours & ask for a 2nd level supervisor so that I might actually reach an Express Scripts employee for some help. Additionally they keep removing very common drugs from their formulary, which means we have to pay an exorbitant amount for common prescriptions.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Zero stars really should be an option... I have a new medication that cost me $24.99 for a month's supply at Walgreens - apparently reduced from approximately $150 because I participated in a manufacturer's discount program. Express Scripts notified me that future refills would have to go through them, not Walgreens so I sent my next Rx to them. Their web site refuses to provide cost until AFTER they have shipped the drug - either because they are dishonest, incompetent or probably both.

On receiving the medication I found that they had charged me over $400 for a three month supply - which would have cost me $75 at Walgreens. I contacted them and was told they "don't do" manufacturer rebates because "they are contracted by my insurance company". That last part is obviously complete nonsense, there is no reason why they could not but the customer service droid I spoke to had pretty limited programming and kept repeating the same thing. The bottom line is if you have any way to avoid dealing with this clown car of a company you should take it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

My doctor ordered the wrong prescription. I called to cancel the same day (2 hours later) and they told me it had shipped. Kept me on hold for 45 minutes and told me it could not be recalled. Have you ever known this company to ship in 2 hours?? Please purchase your medication with GoodRx. They are always less and always honest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

If you can get by with not using this "specialty pharmacy" DO IT. Save yourself the headache. This company is nothing but incompetent. From person to person, the entire staff, every phone call, every bit of communication you might have with them is absolutely useless. They do not put notes on client profiles, there is miscommunication abundant in which one person shows they have a document on file, and the very next person (literally five minutes - on hold - later) shows there is no document and it will have to be submitted. One person will tell you they are waiting on a call from the doctor's office, and when the doctor's office calls they say they are waiting on information from the patient. And all of that will happen in an hour's time.

My medication is insurance approved, but I can not get it and have been "living on" samples from my doctor's office for almost two months now. Because of Express Scripts. They will tell me (and the doctor's office) the prescription is being filled and I will receive a call for shipment confirmation, and turn around thirty minutes later and that phone call is an automated message saying that my ENTIRE prescription has been canceled and all paperwork from the doctor's office will have to be re-submitted. FIVE TIMES THIS HAS HAPPENED IN UNDER TWO MONTHS. Misinformation, obfuscation and denial, there is no other way to describe this company. I don't understand how they are in business and making money. It has to be a complete scam company. When politicians talk about pharmaceutical companies pocketing insurance money and denying prescriptions at the same time, this is the exact company they are talking about.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Express Scripts sent me a box of medication that had 1 vial when it should have had 4 vials. They refuse to replace them. My insurance (we pay premiums to) paid for medication I did not receive. That sounds like fraud to me in every sense of the word. BE WARNED! We’ve turned this over to the drug company that makes the drug.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

The most incompetent prescription place I have ever been forced to use. My husband's employer offers this through their plan so we have to use them. They have dropped the ball several times on medication refills. Every time you call and have your notes on who you spoke to previously, they do not care. They leave you on hold. This past mistake takes the cake and I have turned them into my husband's place of employment.

After I spoke to someone two weeks ago that assured me the order was processing and that the meds would be to my Dr. not later than Oct 11th-- we call call back this week Oct 15th to find out they do not show any order on file. Even my Dr. had confirmation from the pharmacist that they received the order on the 3rd of October and had everything they needed to process the order. I got left on hold, My Dr. got left on hold and then hung up on. Bizarre and I don't know how they stay in business! The funny thing is Miss ** asked me for my phone number in case we got disconnected, however that was 2 hours ago and still have not heard back from her. Very unprofessional place of business to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I was forced into using Express Scripts for a maintenance prescription. I was told I had to either go through their mail order program or pay $125 per month at my local pharmacy. I’m about ready to pay that price to never have to deal with this incompetent company again. I have been trying since July to get this filled with them and have spoken to no less than 6 representatives. Each time, they have some excuse for not filling my order, usually blaming my doctor. When I have contacted the doctor, they call bs on the company and assure me that they have followed all of the company’s instructions.

During my last call with Express Scripts, I told them to get it together by the end of this week and get me my medicine, or I will be calling an attorney and suing them for withholding my medication because they are now blocking my access at my local pharmacy. This is the absolute worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are dangerous for patients. I wish I didn’t have to give them a star just to post this review...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

If I could give this company negative stars I would. Every problem that has come up in my 10 months with them has involved multiple cases of representatives contradicting each other from call to call. It reminds me of the insurance company in that movie where their first response is to deny every time in the hopes that people just pay or do whatever to get their meds and Express Scripts won't have to pay. The amount of times I've been told this year about medication changes or even them challenging what our doctor has prescribed are too numerous to count. Who the hell do your pharmacy phone techs think they are questioning the medications my doctor has prescribed and that my pharmacist has no problem filling?

But beyond the audacity to question my prescriptions without validity, the fact that every rep has a different story but one that inevitably ends with "your pharmacy did it wrong" when my pharmacy has managed to keep from killing me for 21 years through multiple insurance plans and doctors is just amazing. Stop trying to be a pharmacy, whether a prescription is approvable should be a simple, yes the plan covers or no the plan doesn't cover and not coming up with new reasons to change things every month.

Express Scripts Company Information