Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Express Scripts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Express Scripts?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Express Scripts has the availability for customers to look up and compare prescription costs from them versus your local pharmacy. However, I moved my daughter's prescription and now they will not honor the price they listed. Very deceitful.

Express Scripts response

My name is Shanta and we are sorry that you had a negative experience. We would like to make sure your issue is resolved and does not occur in the future. We would like to discuss your situation further please reply to this message with your telephone number, your address include zip code, and I can have someone reach out. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have a prescription for a controlled substance, and my medication was shipped on December 9, 2020 got lost in the mail, then subsequently stolen (I'm assuming since the envelope arrived empty). I refused the package from the mail carrier and called ES. They said they needed the doctor to rewrite a prescription, so I contacted the doctor for an emergency (2-week) prescription while waiting for the refused envelope to be returned to ES. I had to pay out-of-pocket for my 2-week supply because ES, though they are also my insurance company, declined coverage. Okay, whatever. So time goes by and nothing... I call ES to see what the status is on the medication and they say they have another script from the doctor that was canceled because it was "too early for a refill"... This is when I start getting mad.

The tracking info LITERALLY shows the shipment was refused and I had already called several times. I get transferred to a supervisor who tells me I have to get another script from my doctor, and they will ship it overnight as a courtesy. So I contact my doctor and in their (very understandable confusion) send a script for another 2-week emergency supply, which was then also canceled by ES without notifying me. Each time my scripts were canceled, there was no contact or notice, I found out by calling and having to re-explain everything going on to a new person. So, the holidays slowed everything down, and I tried to be patient. I last spoke to a pharmacist on 12/30/2020 named Kim who told me I had to get one more script from my poor doctor and the medication would be shipped.

I got a call on Saturday, Jan 2nd from a robot asking to verify my address and telling me my medication will be shipped. Another few days pass and today, January 5th, I look at my account online and I see it is still "processing" my prescription and the shipping is 3-5 business days. I seriously want to scream. I don't know what is happening at ES, but clearly there is little or no communication or organization. This is a medication that helps me function, but thankfully it's not keeping me alive, because I'd be dead by now. If you have any medications you need to survive DO NOT USE EXPRESS SCRIPTS! There is no guarantee you will actually ever get your medication.

Express Scripts response

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

There is nothing express about Express-Scripts. They are slow and do not seem to care. You would think in this business that the patient's need for their medicine would be of utmost importance to them...but that does not seem to be the case. After 4 phones calls, I had to tell them I was almost out of meds to get them to expedite. Thankful I switched to another company for my Part D in 2021.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I submitted a request to refill a prescription. I was sent an email stating they were having difficulty getting in contact with the Dr. so they needed me to contact the Dr. for approval, which I did. A few days went by and I reached out to them, I was told that they received the prescription and were completing the request that day. A couple days after that I received another email stating they could not complete the request. I called again and was told that the medicine was no longer covered by my insurance and could not be completed. I asked the representative a few questions which included, "How is this possible to when it was fulfilled by you guys last month?" The preventative told me that was incorrect. So I stated to her when it was fulfilled, by the whom and the address it was sent from. She proceeded to say to me that it must have been in error because on her ends it shows as being cancelled.

My next question was, "So you guys sent me medicine in which I shouldn’t have been taking? What if I took medicine that wasn’t prescribed to me for a complete 30 days and died?" To which she had no answer to. This company is horrible and doesn’t attempt to help you in any way. I’m very upset that this is how I now have to receive my prescriptions. I much rather pay the extra cost and pick up from a local pharmacy.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

This co I have been aggravating myself with for years could not get any worse. After bailing and going to local pharmacy found I was paying 3 times as much. Stay away! Last order took 5 days and then they told me my insurance was canceled, never had a claim and paid monthly via credit card. Could not get Blue Cross on phone, waited 4 hours! On hold. See both co. Get one star review. Local pharm would not call for they say they do not answer? They In my opinion are criminal operations and I reported to the government insurance.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Updated on 21/12/2020: After waiting for company response I am writing another review about the handling of this renewal. Customer service dropped call 5 times. I was given a claim # ** and phone # 877-751-3600 which is a no call back number. In the responds they had my home in Florida when they clearly were given 61073 that is an Illinois zip code. One person said I could get the Premier plan but did not know price of the plan. Customer service said they cannot change even after they said the welcomes was incorrect the one that I never received. Well it look like the only recourse is file a fraud complain with the Illinois Attorney General's Office and Express Scripts can deal with them. Gregory & Patricia **.

Original: Express Scripts changed policy without contacting me. They changed drug plan from the basic plan (@ $27.50 to the plus plan $78.80). They totally skipped over the premier plan ($27.50). Never contacting me about the change by mail, phone, or email (account was set up as paperless). The only time I was contacted was Tue 12/8/2020 12:13 am after enrollment period was over. Talked with Maro and Sandy both did nothing to correct the issue.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

It's interesting that "Shanta" in Express Scripts customer service sends exactly same worded response to everyone who has complaints! I've used ES for standard array of prescriptions for several years. No problems until recently when a prescription required more info from doctor. After 2 weeks waiting ES said they never received faxed info from MD. ES also said they were waiting for my premium payment info so they could fill mail order. I explained I have never had any prescriptions mailed & that monthly premiums are automatically deducted from my checking account! Co-fees are paid to pharmacy when I pick up prescription. That completely confused service rep who said thats not info they had on file!

I went over it again & she still wanted payment info & also said to have MD send info again, suggesting that they probably sent to wrong fax number. I knew I was getting nowhere. I double checked fax no. & asked MD to send info again. 3 weeks later, still no prescription filled & ES pointing finger at MD & pharmacy. They are also increasing premium costs 3x over previous years, so I am changing RX insurance coverage. Enough is enough.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I had to leave my local pharmacy because my insurance made it so expensive to get prescriptions filled anywhere else. There is nothing express about it. It takes at least a week to receive medication so if you have health issues that requires medication day of, forget it. Also, one of my very expensive medications is a controlled substances and they sent me two 30 day supplies within two weeks (seems illegal). Out of nowhere, the second bottle showed up and I was charged $90 even though I didn’t order it and it wasn’t on automatic refill (which if it was it still shouldn’t have come that close to the previous because it’s a controlled substance).

When I called, they blamed it on my Doctor and said she didn’t know how to correctly write prescriptions and there was nothing they could do about it. The next time I got a prescription for that medication, I asked my Doctor to print it so I could take it to my local pharmacy instead. Well that pharmacist told me Express Scripts placed a block on my insurance from getting anything filled anywhere else. When I called Express Scripts they just hung up on me. I sent an email and still haven’t heard back. At this point I just want my prescription because it’s crucial to my every day life and if I send the prescription to Express Scripts it’ll be at least another week to receive it. This company couldn’t care less about its clients.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Just watched your company on NBC. The lady is right. Your company has the worst customer service. Your customer service reps can be demeaning, condescending and will hang up on you when you argue or ask for a supervisor. I have always been suspicious of how you ship the medications and was thrilled when my company offered CVS as an alternative. I'd rather pay more than use your company. You can take negative reviews down in Facebook but not here!

Express Scripts response

We just wanted to follow up with you and let you know help is still here if needed. Feel free to email ExpressRxHelp@express-scripts.com or reply to this message at any time with your information. Have a great day! -Shanta

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

My generic script for ** 5mg for GPH was $18 at Meijer, using GOOD RX. When I put it with my other scripts at Express Scripts they charged me $197 each month for 2 months. $394 for 48 pills when I was paying $36 for 60 pills. When I complained they noted "no longer takes this med". I need an explanation of how they are saving me money. Cigna now owns, I hope they can improve this operation. 1.2 stars is too high.

Express Scripts Company Information