Claritin

Compare Allergy Medicine

Research top Allergy Medicine recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have never had an issue with product availability with this product. Product seems to be readily available. I have purchased in Wal-Mart & several pharmacies. This product seems to treat pretty much all symptoms I have in regards to allergies. I have noticed that this product, as well as any other allergy medication, seems to be more effective if taken when allergies first occur. This product has cleared all of my allergy related symptoms (runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache, water eyes, etc). I have never noticed any real side effects personally. The only thing that I may have noticed when taking this product is maybe becoming a little sleepy, other than that, I haven't noticed anything. The price for this is more than some of the other allergy medications on the market. I usually pay the price when I feel allergies are coming on, because I know that I will have fast relief.

You have to get it through the pharmacy but it is available. The tablets come in a blue box and they are white in color. You can get them in different quantities. It treats very intense allergy or sinus symptoms - headaches, runny nose and eyes and very intense face ache, where you cannot hold your head down. Based on my experience with Claritin, I have not experienced any side effects. Claritin starts working shortly after taking the first dose. By the time you get to dose number three, you are already better. I believe the cost is too high. Even though the product works and works very well and quickly, it could be much less in cost. Allergies are common especially certain times of the year and badly needed.

It is in the pharmacy section, comes in a box with the push pillows or a bottle of 30. Box is blue across top, green on bottom and white in the middle. I had watery eyes, an itchy throat, a runny nose, with coughing and sneezing. Now with one pill per day all of that is gone. I can go outside and work in the yard now. You would think there would be side effects but it is non-drowsy. It doesn't keep me awake at all. But sometimes my throat and nasal cavity can be a little dry. It is very affordable. Cheaper than my insurance co-pay on the prescription version and not having to go into the doctor's office saves you money also.

Easy to find in so many stores. Don't need a prescription. Just get it off the shelf or some carry it on the pharmacy area in all stores I've been in. Had really water eyes in the morning. Cleared it fast without drowsiness. Just clear ease of my nose and my eyes felt great. Had no real side effects. Just took it with plenty of water and felt fine. Some might but I checked with the doctor and he recommended it. Kinda expensive but just like everything else I shop around prices and coupons are in the newspaper every couple weeks to help with the cost.

Claritin is available at drugstores, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, etc. It is very easy to find. There are often coupons, discounts, rebates on this product so it is reasonably priced and you can stock up on it. This worked great for my family's allergy symptoms all year long. I would recommend using it as needed during your allergy season. My daughter is just allergic to cats and we use it for that also. It did not make anyone in my family sleep either. In terms of side effects I am very pleased. Nobody in my family had any problem with being sleepy on the medication, unlike ** and meds like that. I only buy it when it is on sale, or there is a discount, or some special on it. There are frequent coupons for it too, and that helps a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Claritin?

It is available in any store. There are always many varieties available. It comes in different forms to suit my needs. It is easy to get. Relieves symptoms quickly with lasting results for over 24 hours. I have not had side effects only some sleep. It is priced somewhat higher than most similar products but their quality is superior to most.

You can pretty much pick this up anywhere over the counter. There's various quantities to choose from so you don't have to be turned off by the price. It works really quick for allergy relief. I felt better in less than an hour after taking a capsule. I could go for hours without any issues. It also help to relieve the itchy face and eyes. I wasn't going around with a dry and red face which was a blessing. I did not have any major side effects from taking Claritin. The only thing was that it made me a bit drowsy at times. So, I typically did not take it at work. The only downside to Claritin is that it's kind of expensive. When you break it down, you are paying more than a dollar per pill. That is a bit steep, especially if you have to constantly take the medicine.

It's available pretty much everywhere you would shop for allergy products. I never have a problem finding it. It's easy to find and it works great for me. It works good for itchy watery eyes, sneezing, coughing. I would recommend it to anyone looking for allergy relief. There are no real side effects to my knowledge. It does say non-drowsy but things like that will always make me get drowsy for some reason, never really understood that but it does. It's reasonably priced. It costs about the same as most of the other products in that category. They all seem to cost about the same anyway where I do my shopping.

It is easily available in many stores, but I would still not buy it again. It did not help me at all and caused even more unpleasant symptoms that I now have to deal with. I bought it for sinus pressure, pain, dry eyes, itchy watery eyes, ear blockages, sneezing and a runny nose, but it did not help a single one of my symptoms. I could not sleep, had heart racing and palpitations, anxiousness and depressing thoughts, and I have had trouble sleeping since trying it. Considering how unhelpful it was, I would not use it again if it was given to me for free. It did not do any good for me at all, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

It's one that's in most all stores. Easy to find and it doesn't cost as much as some of the other. It's safe for my whole family to use and we don't have to buy so many different products. It treats the symptoms fast and lasts longer than others I have use. It's one I would buy before any of the others on the markets today. It's efficient for the whole family. It has no side effects. Doesn't cause drowsiness. My kids seem to function well taking it. They can use it during school and not feel sleepy. The price is great. There's usually always a coupon for this brand either online or inserts. If I can save a few dollars it's great, if not, I'd still buy it full price.

The product is extremely available in stores. I have never not seen it whenever I have gone shopping, and it is also normally less expensive than its competitors. I had terrible symptoms eg. scratchy throat, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, red eyes... etc. All of my symptoms were alleviated by the product. There were no known side effects that I encountered other than not having symptoms anymore lol. I absolutely recommend it for the fact that it works and doesn't make you feel worse. It is not the cheapest on the market but it is not the most expensive either, but for the quality, and availability of the product it is definitively worth the price.

Everywhere I go, I find it. It's always available at any store, especially during allergy season and cold season. I am always stocked up. Always helps my symptoms. Doesn't leave me feeling sleepy. I feel almost instant relief when I take it and it helps me get through the day. I never have any side effects when taking my allergy meds. It always leaves me feeling better, never worse. I recommend it to everyone I meet that suffers from colds or allergies. I always find coupons for my allergy meds. Even when I don't it's very affordable. Easy to find. I always share coupons too with family and friends.

It is always available and I always get it in Walmart at an affordable price. It has always worked well for me just as well if not better than prescriptions medications. I did not and never have experienced any side effects from Claritin. That is one of the reason I stay with this product. All of these products are expensive but I do feel Claritin is priced within the same range as others.

Claritin is available in many stores. Most pharmacies, discount stores, grocery stores, and convenience stores carry it. I've never had a hard time finding it where I shop. Claritin treats all of my allergy symptoms for a full 24 hours. It clears up my runny nose, my watery eyes, and fluid build up behind my ears. I have never noticed any side effects while using Claritin. It does not make me drowsy or cause dry mouth. Other allergy medicine does cause me side effects. The price of Claritin is reasonable. The price has actually dropped over the past few years. It's an affordable way to effectively treat my allergy symptoms.

I have had so many issues and with it being available throughout the night at such stores like Walgreens the availability to purchase this product is fantastic. I felt like heaven after 15 minutes of using this product. All my symptoms such as sneezing, runny and stuffy nose was cleared within the day. Also my headache was relieved. I didn't have any side effects except being a little drowsy. So overall the symptoms treated were far better than the side effects. Don't drive!! It's a little pricey the more count you get or the different types of Claritin. But it's worth it and I would recommend it to anyone with severe allergies.

Had serious allergies attacking me Trevelyan and at the last minute had to go get some medication and had absolutely no issue finding it in stock in store. Took the medication and within 30 mins started to feel relief which surprised me considering it was over the counter since I wasn't able to get a hold of my dr. I had no side effects from this other than feeling a little tired but it wasn't overwhelming to where I couldn't finish out my planned day. Definitely didn't break the bank as they would say. It was affordable especially for the results that it gave me needing it at last minute like I did.

It is now available OTC, but is costly if needed every day. It is available at Walmart, where I get all of my medications. Some varieties have to be gotten from inside the pharmacy area rather than on the shelf. I used Claritin-D with the decongestion component. The pressure in my ears was so painful. Claritin-D took care of that. While using a prescription, that is. Once it was OTC, I could not afford it any longer. I experienced no side effects whatsoever. The price is too high for me. I need to take it every day, almost year round. At forty dollars a box, that is almost another utility bill. Because of this, I had to stop taking it. I would love to see discount vouchers available for low income users of their product.

It's usually always available! I tend to always go to walmart since I have two locations really close by. Walmart is really good at keeping things in stock but like you can get this literally anywhere. It treated stuffy nose, itchy and watery eyes! Def pick the non drowsy one for daytime use because most allergy medications make you sleepy. I really did not encounter any side effects. Some people get dizzy or nauseous but personally did not feel either of those. If you are sensitive to medications I would consult a doctor as it says to do on the package. All medications I feel like are a bit pricey. But when you are suffering a bout of really severe allergies the benefits outway the cost. If you don't need it I say don't buy it but if you're me and you hate feeling so poopy then go ahead and buy it. It will be worth it.

It's a product that you can find in most stores and isn't very expensive. You can find it at Walmart in the pharmacy section of the store. I am allergic to pollen so during the spring I get congested but Claritin worked very well as long as you don't miss a day. It works very well and helps with the symptoms. There are not really any side effects to this product. When you use it your symptoms are lessened but it doesn't cause you to be drowsy or give headaches. The price of this product is very fair and affordable for most people to purchase. It depends on the size you want to get but overall it is very good.

Claritin is always available at the pharmacy. I have used several kinds/types of sinus medicine, but Claritin is one of the best. Claritin is priced competitively. My symptoms are almost always the same: headache, dry throat, coughing, pain in the back of my eyes, almost like a toothache, stuffy nose, runny nose, sinus pressure, general tiredness. Claritin addresses all these symptoms and relieves these symptoms. I do not have many side effects when I use Claritin. When I do suffer side effects, the side effects are so minor, that they almost do not exist. Sinus relief medication is known to be expensive. Claritin is no different, and that it is expensive. Good, well-working sinus medication is not cheap. Low price, cheap sinus medicine is not good.

It can be found anywhere in any store that sell allergy medicines. It is very safe to use. Can be found with the right dosage and the right amount of pills. It treats everything related to sinus or dust or season changes. It's very trustworthy, works very fast to help relieve pressure of your nose and help you breath easy. I haven't had any side effects or problems. It helps out a lot. Makes you start to feel better and let you enjoy your day without problems. The price I think is very reasonable to buy. It's cheap so people can get it and afford it.

It is available at Walgreens and CVS drugstores. It has enough quantity on the shelves. Claritin is a good product. It alleviates your symptoms of allergies. It treats the sneezing and watery eyes. I am satisfied with the product. The product does not have too much side effects that one may be hesitant to use. The product is effective in treating the symptoms, while other allergy products don't treat the symptoms at all. The price of Claritin seems fair. Compared to prices of allergy medications, it's somewhat fair. The main important thing is the effectiveness of the drug and Claritin is effective in treating the symptoms.

It's available everywhere. You can buy OTC meds like drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target, Shop n save, Walgreens, and any other places you can think of. Ain't gotta go far. Whenever I felt sneezy, had watery eyes, runny nose, and such, I'd pop a Claritin and within 30 minutes I started feeling a bit clearer and not disoriented at all. I've never had any side effects from taking Claritin so I would say it's pretty safe to use. Old, young, fat, thin, whatever. Just pop a Claritin when you feel like allergy ** and you'll be fine in minutes. Fairly priced for the quantity given. Kind of feel like it's priced between ** and the other higher allergy meds.

As far as availability I'm pretty sure you can find and purchase it at just about every store in town including Walmart, Target and and any drug store like CVS or Walgreens. I'm pretty sure you can also purchase at most major grocery stores. It does a wonderful job of treating allergies of all kinds either environmental or pet allergies. It helps with congestion, stuffy nose, watery eyes and all sorts of other problems associated with allergies. I can't think of any sort of side effects that I have ever experienced from taking Claritin for any of my allergy problems. It doesn't make you groggy or sleepy in any way. It's a decent price. It cost a little more than some of the other brands but it works much better than most of those brands so it's more cost effective to purchase Claritin to start than to waste money on something else that does not work at all.

I took Claritin for a week and my nose was still extremely congested and required constant blowing of my nose. I asked for a refund on their website and never heard from them. A total waste of money and effort. I would have been better off eating a potato.

I started taking Claritin two months ago. Since then I have been thirsty, and trying to catch my breath. This morning June 16, 2014, I awoke to severe dizziness. I became nausea, but did not vomit, yet. The second, third and fourth bouts of severe dizziness I vomited. Actually I dry heaved until my ribs front and back both sides ached so bad. In the end, I went to the emergency room, gave blood, a urine sample, and had an EKG. The doctor checked my ears, the canals were a little dry, but clean. She saw no problem there, but did ask about my medications. She said the Claritin, (I take 1 10 mg Claritin twice a day), could be the cause. In the end I now have a new prescription for Acute Vertigo. I took a Claritin tonight since I did not check about Claritin side effects until later. My husband and I agree that I am stopping the Claritin. I'd rather itch than deal with the severe dizziness.

I tried 5 mg Claritin chewable for my son's allergies (9 years old). I used the one without decongestant. He started having anxiety attacks at bedtime with horrific visions when he closed his eyes to the point where he was sobbing. My husband thought he was faking but I could tell that he was truly frightened. Since these visions started around the same time as when we started the Claritin, I tried not giving it to him for a couple of days. No complaints at bedtime. Then his nose was bothering him so I gave him a 5 mg one morning a few days later and I am sorry to say that the scary visions and anxiety resurfaced that night.

Needless to say, I have stopped giving it to him. I am complaining because I feel that the manufacturer need to do a better job warning parents to watch for this type of reaction. If I had just assumed he was being dramatic or faking this problem, then who knows what the consequences could have been. I wonder how many children are indeed suffering with mental disturbances from this drug and could be helped by simply discontinuing.

I took a non-prescription Claritin, advertised by a NASCAR driver as safe and non-drowsy, only to discover after a bout of dizziness, anxiety, and confusion that side effects do include drowsiness! To call it non-drowsy on the TV ads is misleading and untruthful. I have suffered nightmares, disturbed thinking, great anxiety, and feelings of impending doom for the past few days (and I am not an anxious person by nature). I didn't put the symptoms and cause together until someone suggested I googled Loratadine and its side effects; and there they all were! I feel that the advertisements should be withdrawn and attention to the potential psychological effects of the drug should be made clear, along with the dry mouth and other seemingly innocuous side effects they do admit to.

They went over the counter, and now I can't use Claratin. Claratin D was my life preserver. Now I have Allegra D and it is so horrible. I need Claratin D, and Im afraid to face the summer without it. It's over the counter now, and I can't pay $95 dollars for medicine every month all year long. There is no point in them going over the counter! Now their customers can't buy it because you can't buy it with insurance.

On October 14th ..I woke up and could not see out of my right eye..went to Eye Specialist Clinic ..they said Central Retinal Vein Occlusion ..nothing they could do would have to waid and see if it would get better..I still to date have almost totally obscured vision of my right eye. I also was given an MRI which showed I had had a stoke a few months previous to Oct. 14..I have been given every test available and nothing can be found to be wrong with me..I sometimes get dizzy and very nauseated. My ear nose and throat Dr. after finding out I had been taking Claritin D for several years..told me to stop taking it immediately as a drug similar to it PPA had been pulled for causing young women like myself ( I am 47 ) to have strokes with no other causes being found. Claritin D is very addicting and once you take it for a prolonged period it is hard to go on with any energy at all without it. I asked every Doctor I saw along the way while taking it if prolonged use of Claritin D would harm me and they said 'no' as long as it makes you feel better take it. I also have high blood pressure and was diagnosed and taking medication for it prior to being given Claritin D. I have also had several heart related testing done believing there was something wrong due to increased heart rate, palpatations....etc.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Claritin is an antihistamine that provides non-drowsy relief for up to 24 hours. They have several options for allergy sufferers to choose from: Claritin relieves indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms, Claritin-D relieves allergies and nasal congestion, Children’s Claritin provides relief for children ages two and up and ClariSpray contains Fluticasone Propionate to provide nasal allergy relief in a spray form.

• Non-drowsy formula: All of Claritin’s products are non-drowsy, making them ideal for adults and children who want allergy relief without feeling sluggish all day long.
  • Available in 12 or 24 hour forms: Allergy sufferers can opt for either 12 or 24-hour relief.
  • Helps with more than allergies: Claritin has been used to treat skin hives and extreme itching in adults who have chronic skin reactions. Talk to your doctor about using Claritin if you frequently experience hives or other skin reactions.
  • Printable coupons: You can print coupons and rebates for Claritin directly from their website. Coupons change regularly, so check back frequently.
  • Claritin Blue Sky Living: Sign up for Claritin’s email newsletter Blue Sky Living to receive coupons, special offers, a weekly allergy forecast and more. You will receive $12 in Claritin savings just for signing up.
  • Best for Claritin is best for adults and children who need non-drowsy antihistamine relief.

Compare Allergy Medicine