3.90/5

35 Claritin Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

This my THIRD attempt to leave feedback on Claritin's (perhaps intentionally faulty) website. I bought my first package of Claritin today at the recommendation of my doctor. When I got home, I attempted to fill my 2 week pillbox. The pills were impossible to remove from their bubbles and I destroyed 3 of them in the process, (at $30 per box!). I'm a younger and healthy guy and can't imagine how a senior could open these bubbles. I can't believe that your packaging division has not already received HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of complaints about this! Shame on you!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My husband and I both tried to stop taking Claritin and found that after a few days, we both have UNBEARABLE itching all over our body, especially our scalp and face. I use the medicine to prevent hives and itchiness on my legs when I walk due to a condition but I'm tired of taking a daily medicine. I'd like to quit this pill but can't deal with the withdrawal. I'm hoping Claritin does something for us consumers and innocent by-standards. We talked to our CVS pharmacist and he told me he thought he was crazy because he had the same exact symptoms and didn't know what was happening. After that, I did online research and learned we're not the only ones. This is a VERY common problem.

Get expert buying tips about Allergy Medicine delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Have been taking during allergy season for 10 years. Today after taking double dose (20 mg) have progressively become more dizzy. Afraid to stand up so I don't fall over. Normally the only symptom I get are the random weird dreams that are common. No other side effects. I hope the dizziness goes away after I stop taking it. Will have to suffer through the cottonwood season without it. (Please don't plant cottonwoods.)

Original review: May 24, 2017

I had continuous runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, sinus pain, and decided to try Claritin. I had taken it three days (one tab per day) and got absolutely zero relief from my symptoms. I left my apartment to get something different, and as I pulled out a car slammed into me, totaling my car. I cut my head on the upper side of the door and the airbags bruised my arm. I was lucky I wasn't killed. I haven't had an at fault accident since 1978. After reading these reviews, I believe Claritin has adverse effects on a certain percentage of the population. At this point, I have an unpaid ticket, a suspended driver's license, and no car... It was paid off and I had liability only because I have been a safe, commercial driver since 2000. It will take a long time to recover from the effects of those 3 Claritin pills...

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have never had an issue with product availability with this product. Product seems to be readily available. I have purchased in Wal-Mart & several pharmacies. This product seems to treat pretty much all symptoms I have in regards to allergies. I have noticed that this product, as well as any other allergy medication, seems to be more effective if taken when allergies first occur. This product has cleared all of my allergy related symptoms (runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache, water eyes, etc). I have never noticed any real side effects personally. The only thing that I may have noticed when taking this product is maybe becoming a little sleepy, other than that, I haven't noticed anything. The price for this is more than some of the other allergy medications on the market. I usually pay the price when I feel allergies are coming on, because I know that I will have fast relief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Claritin?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

You have to get it through the pharmacy but it is available. The tablets come in a blue box and they are white in color. You can get them in different quantities. It treats very intense allergy or sinus symptoms - headaches, runny nose and eyes and very intense face ache, where you cannot hold your head down. Based on my experience with Claritin, I have not experienced any side effects. Claritin starts working shortly after taking the first dose. By the time you get to dose number three, you are already better. I believe the cost is too high. Even though the product works and works very well and quickly, it could be much less in cost. Allergies are common especially certain times of the year and badly needed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

It is in the pharmacy section, comes in a box with the push pillows or a bottle of 30. Box is blue across top, green on bottom and white in the middle. I had watery eyes, an itchy throat, a runny nose, with coughing and sneezing. Now with one pill per day all of that is gone. I can go outside and work in the yard now. You would think there would be side effects but it is non-drowsy. It doesn't keep me awake at all. But sometimes my throat and nasal cavity can be a little dry. It is very affordable. Cheaper than my insurance co-pay on the prescription version and not having to go into the doctor's office saves you money also.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Easy to find in so many stores. Don't need a prescription. Just get it off the shelf or some carry it on the pharmacy area in all stores I've been in. Had really water eyes in the morning. Cleared it fast without drowsiness. Just clear ease of my nose and my eyes felt great. Had no real side effects. Just took it with plenty of water and felt fine. Some might but I checked with the doctor and he recommended it. Kinda expensive but just like everything else I shop around prices and coupons are in the newspaper every couple weeks to help with the cost.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Claritin is available at drugstores, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, etc. It is very easy to find. There are often coupons, discounts, rebates on this product so it is reasonably priced and you can stock up on it. This worked great for my family's allergy symptoms all year long. I would recommend using it as needed during your allergy season. My daughter is just allergic to cats and we use it for that also. It did not make anyone in my family sleep either. In terms of side effects I am very pleased. Nobody in my family had any problem with being sleepy on the medication, unlike ** and meds like that. I only buy it when it is on sale, or there is a discount, or some special on it. There are frequent coupons for it too, and that helps a lot.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

It is available in any store. There are always many varieties available. It comes in different forms to suit my needs. It is easy to get. Relieves symptoms quickly with lasting results for over 24 hours. I have not had side effects only some sleep. It is priced somewhat higher than most similar products but their quality is superior to most.

Claritin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Claritin is an antihistamine that provides non-drowsy relief for up to 24 hours. They have several options for allergy sufferers to choose from: Claritin relieves indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms, Claritin-D relieves allergies and nasal congestion, Children’s Claritin provides relief for children ages two and up and ClariSpray contains Fluticasone Propionate to provide nasal allergy relief in a spray form.

• Non-drowsy formula: All of Claritin’s products are non-drowsy, making them ideal for adults and children who want allergy relief without feeling sluggish all day long.

• Available in 12 or 24 hour forms: Allergy sufferers can opt for either 12 or 24-hour relief.

• Helps with more than allergies: Claritin has been used to treat skin hives and extreme itching in adults who have chronic skin reactions. Talk to your doctor about using Claritin if you frequently experience hives or other skin reactions.

• Printable coupons: You can print coupons and rebates for Claritin directly from their website. Coupons change regularly, so check back frequently.

• Claritin Blue Sky Living: Sign up for Claritin’s email newsletter Blue Sky Living to receive coupons, special offers, a weekly allergy forecast and more. You will receive $12 in Claritin savings just for signing up.

• Best for: Claritin is best for adults and children who need non-drowsy antihistamine relief.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs