toll free

Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Curtis -

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll be sure to let Karen know about the kind words. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had a wonderful reverse mortgage experience dealing with Live Well Financial. My counselor, Karen **, was awesome in her approach to customer service. She never strayed from her professionalism although I'm sure I asked many "dumb, stupid" questions. I am truly refreshed to learn there is customer service and common courtesy left in corporate America.

Don was very helpful and always responded to our questions. All the contacts were friendly and helpful. The only person who appeared rude was the appraiser who came out. We have met many appraisers and had refinanced in the past. They were professional and honest, yet friendly.

Everything about working with Live Well was extremely professional. Desteney ** couldn't have been more helpful. I've employed hundreds of people over the years in my insurance business and never had a representative that was the equal of Desteney!

We refinanced our home with Live Well recently and we are very happy with the outcome. The two young men that we dealt with was very polite and knowledgeable. We lowered our payment by almost $250.00 and our interest rate by around 3 points. The loan was done in a timely manner and I would recommend this company to a friend.

My home was paid for but I like having money in the bank and it was a financial concern that I had initially. I selected Live Well and got a reverse mortgage from them. The loan officer was very nice and very professional and the overall guidance I received from the team was good. They discussed all the options except they failed to educate me that instead of getting a reverse mortgage, I could have gotten a straight mortgage because I don't owe for my home.

A reverse mortgage is due upon my husband's and my death. With a straight mortgage, if my husband and I passed, my granddaughter could continue making the scheduled payments. One critical point that they did not tell me was that if she doesn’t pay, my home would be lost. I already paid them off with the first reverse mortgage and had a good experience with them. That's why maybe I can give them a try again and I recommend them to anyone. I've told several of my friends that were looking into something like that.

Wells Fargo advised us on the reverse mortgage. They gave us three options because our modification has gone down and one of them was a reverse mortgage. We also had heard about it through our accountant. When we shopped around, other companies asked us money for the closing cost which we didn't have. Because we were in dire need and our modification was turned down, Live Well Financial said that they would try their best to see to it that we didn't need to bring money to the table for closing cost.

We were first introduced to James then Justin - our loan officers. James was very respectful and moved so fast to the point where we closed. We proceeded with Live Well Financial and he started asking us for genuine information. We felt confident that they would take us through and make this reverse mortgage possible. I liked how quickly they moved, how efficient they appeared, and how proficient they were. We were extremely comfortable working with them and in giving all the paperwork that they required. From the start until the end, James was very courteous and understanding and we never felt any less in talking to him. The guidance we got was very good. Live Well Financial has picked the cream of the crop. You would think they own the business with the way these two worked.

Both were very kind and very knowledgeable of the process. Although, I have something negative to say about the tail end of the process where we were a little apprehensive. Sometimes, Justin would say something is done but then, we would have to go back to James and it would be a different process. They should have been clearer in the end about who should handle which department. But overall, I would recommend Live Well Financial to a friend in a heartbeat because they are knowledgeable. If someone had the money to bring to the table, then I would say, "Live Well is the way to go."

We've been trying to sell our house but we were having difficulties selling it so we started looking at a reverse mortgage. I went online to research and found three different companies. I sent out requests to all three of them and Live Well Financial gave me the best deal. Jacob and Kathy worked with us and they were on top of everything. They were easy to get a hold of and answered all my questions. However, the process took too long. It went on for five months, like two steps forward and one step back. Also, the charges they have are a little excessive.

My loan officer Mr. Tom ** and his assistant - Ms. Amy ** were simply amazing. I received a super deal and the process went very smoothly and very fast. If you are looking for a reverse mortgage, I very highly recommend that you give Tom a call - I promise that you will not be disappointed - he is a class act - a straight shooter and a stand-up guy. I called 50 companies and Mr. ** along with Amy were Awesome and was able to structure a Super Deal for me. I was not paid in any way shape or form for this review. I sincerely give you my word.

I would recommend and have already recommended Live Well Financial. I needed a reverse mortgage for special reasons and they answered every question I had and gave me all the paperwork I needed in a very timely manner. Everyone at Live Well Financial was great. They walked me through the process. The loan worked out perfectly well and it was very expedient. It served its purpose for me at that time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

I used Live Well Financial for a reverse mortgage. I talked to three other providers and I wanted to do it and get it over with. When Live Well Financial contacted me I said, “No problem.” I already had the inspection done and had a lot of paperwork done. They sent a girl out here for me to sign all the paperwork so they could get started and within a few weeks, we had it completed. The representatives were all nice as they could be. They were real business-like and had a good rapport. They made it all happen and did it in just a short period of time. It was all a done deal and I was satisfied.

I looked into the 10 best rated reverse mortgage companies and the guidance that I received from the Live Well Financial rep was okay. We went through everything and we made a bad mistake on our part. I thought we got a little more money but the way the situation was with our credit, we weren’t able to get much money. So I called the rep this morning and in 18 months, we’re gonna redo it to a regular reverse mortgage because we couldn’t do all the things to the house that we’re going to do and get done. Nevertheless, I’m all satisfied with Live Well Financial. It's been a great experience with them.

We're on Social Security and we needed some way to get out from under our house payment. And if something should happen to one or the other, knowing we would still have a home to live in and won't have to worry about making that house payment is the basic reason why we chose a reverse mortgage as part of our retirement plan. I got along really good with the personnel that I originally worked with and the ones I ended up working with at Live Well Financial. They were right there for me and were returning my calls quickly. It was just a good feel. Their loan officer was well educated and our interaction was friendly and made us feel at ease. I had dealt with others and it was cold, almost like an answering machine. The guidance that we received from Live Well has been very good. We were comfortable making the decisions. Overall, my experience with Live Well Financial has been knowledgeable, complete, and friendly.

I didn't do my research. I took the first break that came up. I thought these companies are all the same. I went with Live Well Financial which was a bad decision. Their rep was dishonest. She told me anything I wanted to hear and that it would took two to three weeks but it turned into a little bit longer. I told her I shouldn't get behind on my creditors. She told me to lie to my creditors. That's not the kind of advice that I should get. She said, "I don't know how you feel about that. But I just to lied to them…” She told me that I cannot get in trouble. She also said that I got to be at least 30 days late, so just tell them that I got money coming in and it'll be there.

Now, I'm stuck with this rip-off company. It's too late. I couldn’t start all over. I had to pay them. I was on the phone with different people and the manager was the only person who knew what he was doing but even this manager got me screwed up. He had the tech and then lost it. It was supposed to get mailed there, then they had it deposited and they charged me for it. They had all kinds of fees that other people didn't have. They said that they can credit me on these. One was for $2,500! I don't know where they came up with these numbers. They couldn't even explain them. They didn't tell me anything and I got lied to. I never had a worse experience in my life. Dealing with Live Well Financial was ten times worse than dealing with a used car salesman. Once their loan officer got a hold of me, there was no turning back.

I wanted to look into a reverse mortgage and I heard so many negatives about it being part of a retirement plan. But I was satisfied with what I heard from Live Well Financial's rep so I kept checking on it before giving my answer. Once I did, the loan officer I spoke with knew about everything and even called several times to follow up on a lot of things back to back. He did real good and I was satisfied with everything.

They were also excellent in helping me make reverse mortgage decisions and discussing some of my options. They asked me about the value of my cottage and I said $65,000. But two different people came out and told me the value was to be $89,000 or $85,000. My house is two blocks from the international waterways but I didn’t take in consideration of that and that’s what up the value so much. But even though I made some mistakes on what I was saying, they didn’t chastise me. Instead, they told me the corrections that needed to be made. I would recommend Live Well Financial to anybody.

A couple of years ago, I inquired about reverse mortgages and somebody from Live Well Financial called me. I liked the way they were handling things so I went with them. I had a lot of money invested in the house and my kids don't need it since they're doing well. I wanted to get some of the money back and enjoy life so I got a reverse mortgage from Live Well. Their reps were very good and I like their speed in getting things done. The process was completed in a lot shorter time than a conventional mortgage.

I’m 85 years old and I don't have a retirement plan. My retirement plan was decimated by Paine Webber who was able to get on the wrong side of every bubble. They reduced it to practically nothing and I've outlived that. I was hoping to get money but it didn’t happen so I had to do reverse mortgage to keep me going while I’m waiting to get the money.

When I was on the internet looking up what I can do to get a reverse mortgage, Jason from Live Well called me immediately. There were two other companies but I liked that things were working out with Jason. He was answering all my questions and was very quick to get back to me. I can get ahold of him easily. Besides, I don’t deal with those companies that have an automatic telephone answering thing, asking you a bunch of questions or telling you to punch this and that. Live Well did everything right and in a very friendly manner. I was very happy with it. The only thing that would make me unhappy with Live Well would be if they sold me to another company and they had told me that they don’t do that so I’m very happy about that. It was a very good experience.

Live Well Financial handled my second reverse mortgage and I was very satisfied with it. So when they called and asked if I wanted to try again, I was fine with it. The loan officer that I worked with was nice. He answered all of my questions and he didn't get pissy when I didn't understand something. He explained everything very well. I was very well-treated and I'm pleased with the whole shooting match. I would recommend them.

I went with Live Well Financial as I felt comfortable with the counselor I was talking to. He was knowledgeable and didn't feel like a salesman. It felt like he really cared about my particular individual situation and wasn't just reading from the script. He was very good.

I thought doing a reverse mortgage was a good idea and Live Well was the first one that answered my call. The reps were professional, knowledgeable in what they were doing, and got things done on-time. My overall experience was pleasant.

We went through HighTechLending and did a reverse mortgage with them. Then Live Well Financial became the loan holder and we dealt with Greg who was really good. He was very comfortable to work with and he made sure that everything stayed on target. If something seemed like it was gonna be a little delayed, he’d call us. He was right there Johnny on the spot and things went along just as he said they would. He answered all the questions we had on how the reverse mortgage would work and how it would affect our family. All of that was taken care of and Greg made sure we understood that.

I'm already 71 years old. My wife is not too far behind me and we were really on a tight budget. The best thing we can do is stop the equity of the house and then live our lives in a more decent way than we are doing right now so we got a reverse mortgage. I looked at several companies through the internet and I got in contact with them all. I found out that the best one was Live Well Financial. They're the one that offered me a better choice and their customer service was wonderful.

When I was dealing with the loan advisor, Destiny, I felt like I was talking to something related to me and my family. It was really wonderful the way she treated me. I was really like at home. If I didn’t get her right away on the phone, I leave a message and rest assured that in a few minutes, one-hour maximum, I would have her call back. She was always trying to help me out and she was giving me the advice I needed and showing me the different options. She was very friendly and very useful. If I had to do it again I'll do it exactly the same way with the same people. I contacted about six different companies and Live Well was the one that solved all of my problems. I'm very, very, very pleased with them.

Getting a reverse mortgage was the only way I could afford to stay in my house and I did not want to move from where I am. After talking to two or three different people, I talked to Rick at Live Well and he seemed like a straight up dude. His demeanors, personality and whole presentation were much more appealing. Also, he was more realistic, unlike other guys who promised me exorbitant figures. Rick didn't have as much salesmanship going on as the other ones who were trying to hook me. He was more upfront and didn't seem to be working on a commission.

I must've talked to him 15 times along the way and it was a half an hour each time. He patiently walked me through whatever questions I had and was truly knowledgeable. He said he would hold my hand through the whole process and he did. He followed up with his phone calls and sent me something when he said he would. We became friends and talked about family and his kids. We did all of the relationship that was very helpful. Live Well Financial is a professional organization and I'm glad I went with those guys.

Somebody told me about Live Well Financial's mortgage and I decided to talk to them and see what it's all about. I signed up with Live Well for the reverse mortgage and it came in handy as I was getting my house all fixed up and needed some work done on it, but I couldn't afford to since I was doing things that I needed to do. In discussing my retirement options, the Live Well reps talked about real good things. Eric, the guy that I talked to at Live Well, was a good man and seemed really nice, and I was tickled have him as someone to work with. He spoke so well and explained everything so good to me, and he kept up with me everyday for a long time. The mother and daughter reps who came together were really nice as well.

In addition, the lady who came and appraised my house was my neighbor. She really liked my house and said I had a beautiful home. She gave a good appraisal for my house because she knew that I'd kept it up well. My house was appraised for $136,000, so that was good. Before I ever got the reverse mortgage, I had a lot of work done on my house, and that's why I got quite a bit more than I was supposed to. I already had all three of my bathrooms remodeled and had new floors put in. Now I'm getting ready to put a new floor in my small bedroom. I had carpet and now I’m getting wood floors in there. So, everything’s going good.

I would take what I got because I've put in a lot of money into my house, and Live Well is going to get almost a new home back. I would do the reverse mortgage with them again if I had to do it over because all of their reps that I talked to were nice and they've treated me well, so I was pleased. Live Well has done well and I'm satisfied with the nice experience I had with them.

I went with Live Well Financial through a recommendation and I got them for a refinance. They gave me very good guidance and all went smoothly.

I went for a reverse mortgage to do an upgrade to the house that we were living in for 37 years, to have an emergency fund and possibly to take a vacation next year. The financial counseling, notary and closing reps of Live Well were all excellent. The guidance I received was credible, right to the point and extremely helpful especially for somebody going through the process for the first time and not being sure of certain things. With me being in the real estate industry, I had a lot of questions and they answered everything satisfactorily. Working with them caused a big improvement in my life and I’m blessed to even know them. It was a very refreshing and delightful experience.

I wanted to have a cushion for myself in case I had an emergency like a new roof or air conditioners for my house. I didn’t want to get a loan from the bank because I know that when the economy went down in 2008, they pulled down the loans, so I wanted the security to know that if I needed something, I had access to chunks of funds. I am not living on my lifetime income stream off of my annuity because it would reset my lifetime income amount. I saw the rankings and Live Well was in the top eight of the companies in the country. I found them online and made a call. I was very reluctant to do a reverse mortgage at first but when I talked it over with my financial adviser and told him what I wanted to do, he told me to go ahead and do it.

Jake, the guy I dealt with, was amazing. He’s so young but he was so kind, patient and educated me so much. When I had that little counseling thing, he told me everything that they told me. He was so good and Live Well should give him a raise. He goes way above and beyond, which is why I felt comfortable to do it. I talked to him way before I turned 62 and then when we got close within that window, we went ahead and did all the paperwork and then we had to wait for me to have a birthday. We had everything taken care of in advance and it all went so smoothly. They told me I gave them such a good package. I had all my ducks in a row too. I gave them everything they wanted because I have my house in the trust and that made it more complicated. If Jake didn’t know the answer to any questions I had, he'd go and find out and they would call me back. When I need something, they would answer and they were so good.

Working with Live Well has given me a lot of peace of mind in knowing that if something happens, like if I have a hurricane and have damage, I have a 2% deductible. That's a big chunk of money and it made me feel more secure. I don’t intend on letting the interest compound because I really didn’t need the money. I did it for my own security just in case and from that standpoint, it makes me feel a lot better. Overall, it was a great experience. It was very professional and I never got stressed.

We are on a fixed income and we were finding it difficult to make payments. We had friends who did a reverse mortgage and it was working well for them. We then decided to go for a reverse mortgage as well. The loan officer we dealt with at Live Well Financial was really really good. He was out to please us and to be as helpful as possible. It was a very efficient and time-worthy experience with Live Well Financial.

I lacked money and looked up Live Well on the internet under reverse mortgages. They were wonderful. I did everything they asked me to do in a timely manner and things went bam, bam, bam. Everything got taken care of in about 30 days and I can’t express how pleased I am with the experience we had.

We went to the mortgage company and we had to go to a little counseling session first. I said that we were trying to get a reverse mortgage on our home and that’s how Live Well Financial came into it. My husband decided that we should do that when he saw how much money he’d get up front and still keep our house and get to live in it until we die. It took about three weeks to go through all that. I don’t have to make payments on this place right now so that’s a good thing.

I needed to fix a few things in the house and I don’t have any children to leave the house to. So, it was better for me to do the reverse mortgage so I could use what I needed to use, and Live Well Financial was the first company I called. Greg, my loan officer, is a very nice guy and he was really good. When all the papers were ready, the process finished so quickly, and I didn’t know that it would finish that fast. The entire process took a month but that's only because I couldn’t get some paper. Also, I just didn’t like signing so many papers, which was awful. But I had a good experience with Live Well and I would recommend them to a friend.

My wife and I are both on social security. She passed away in February so that cut the income down. I want to stay in the home as long as I can and if I do, I had no choice but to do a reverse mortgage. I went with Live Well Financial and the rep I dealt with was very knowledgeable and very helpful. If I called him at any time and he wasn’t there, he would call me right back. He did a great job and everything worked out pretty good. It was over a couple of months ago and it's taken a lot of stress off of me. My experience with them was pleasantly painless. I always anticipate the worst and hope for the best but it turned out to be a good thing. And it’s more than I thought it would be.

I had money and had loaned it out to my kids, and I also had credit cards. At my age, I wanted to get all of these taken care of and put down into one bill, and I decided to use my house as a security. I called Live Well Financial's number and talked to a rep who explained how it works, then I decided that I liked it! They offered everything I wanted and my interactions with them have been positive. Everyone was very nice and if I had any questions, they answered them. It was what I had expected and I had a big feeling of relief knowing that I don't have all those things hanging over my head.

I had debt, a hard one I couldn’t get rid of, so I had no other choice but to go for a reverse mortgage. Everybody at Live Well was nice and fair, and the guidance I received was a good help. Working with them has been wonderful and I'm very satisfied. I would recommend them.

Reverse mortgage was the only option I had. I called Live Well Financial and Dawn was very nice. She was very attentive to the problems that I had encountered along the way and to things that had to be done that hadn’t been done. When I would call and she was not in her office, as soon as she returned, she would return my call. She helped guide me in every respect and she was very good. But it seemed like there was a lot of red tape going through the FHA and I assumed it's going to be that way because the United States government of America has that thing about them. It was not her fault though. She worked very hard to get things done and I was pleased with her effort.

Live Well Financial Company Profile