4.56/5
Based on 289 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Live Well Financial Gallery (5)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 30, 2018

330 Live Well Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 30, 2018

Having a reverse mortgage in my retirement plan sounded good, but the other kinds of reverse mortgages didn’t do much. But then, I got a flyer in the mail from Live Well Financial and I saw that it was much better than a regular reverse mortgage. The loan officer I dealt with, Walter, was just great. My daughter has really good intuitions about people which is usually right and she told me she felt like he was 100% real. I'm also pretty happy with what I have to pay back to them. Live Well was good and it made us afford things now that we weren't able to before.

Get expert buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Live Well Financial was easy to talk with. We also compared prices with another product and their price was better. Their reps walked us through the process step by step, and kept us in the loop pretty well. Jake was the one that was in contact with us and kept us up-to-speed with everything. Then we worked with Summer when we finalized the loan.

The application and underwriting process took six months from start to finish and I wish it would have been a shorter time period. I had some major health issues and that was part of what we had to deal with. With what we owed medically, things became very stressful but I didn't blame Live Well. We were just thinking it was taking forever and waiting was the hardest part. We weren't sure if we were going to be qualified but they were always prompt on getting back with us. And things turned out okay so we were grateful for that. Also, we didn’t really know what to expect, so we were pretty satisfied with the guidance they gave us. We were also satisfied with the rate that we got which was pretty fair. At this point, we're getting our stuff situated and working with Live Well would help. I would invite people to sign up with them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We had things that we needed to do to and around our house in order to live comfortably. We needed to cash out and do a reverse mortgage. We did a search online to find out about reverse mortgages and Live Well Financial happened to be one of the first that called us. Our interaction with the loan officer was a bit odd because the lady that initially contacted us went away, but someone else followed up on it. We had talked to one or two other people in the interim and in fact, we had started to go with another firm, but they couldn’t move forward. They were mired in the mud. And then, Live Well contacted us again because our case had gone into limbo a bit until another person took it over. She contacted us and was more on the ball so we went with her. She knew who to contact and how to move things along.

The rates and terms of the reverse mortgage were quite good and quite fair. There were a couple, little snafus that may have been unique to our case and it might not have been something that anybody would know until they encountered us. But they handled those little snafus as quickly as possible and we were very happy. Live Well has overall reduced our stress level by a bit. There’s the resource out there that we didn’t have before and that’s the biggest thing for me. I would recommend Live Well Financial.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We had a credit card debt that was not going anywhere. It was close to $10,000 and it was where we couldn’t handle it anymore. We had to sell something in order to get it down. We were paying interest on the interest and we had to do something to get out of debt. Live Well Financial called us. We had talked to them and then they followed up and called us again. The originator we dealt with, Ann, was wonderful, very nice, warm, friendly, and helpful. She helped us through it and wasn’t high-pressuring us through anything. It was very comfortable working with her. She was able to do what she could and refer to someone else if it wasn't within her jurisdiction to handle something.

We met and talked with her on the phone and gave her information. They sent a notary with paperwork and we had to sign many papers. My husband had a stroke and he can't use his right arm very well for writing and the notary said I could sign for him. But as it turned out, my husband had to sign so we had to go through them all again. It had to be done twice and they didn’t care about that part. Then, they gave us $8,000 to get us started and we used that to pay off the credit card.

We had the house inspection where a guy came and went through the house and took pictures. Then, they did an appraisal after that. We weren't too happy with the amount of the appraisal, but Ann couldn’t do anything about it. That was up to other people. There were some repairs that needed to be done, so they withheld a certain amount of money. For us, it was $3,000 to get the repairs. What we're waiting for now is to get the reserve of $3,000 that we can get for repairs. But we had some painting to do and we had to get our chimney and roof fixed. There were shingles going bad so we had that done. And we couldn't do the painting yet because it has to be at least 70 degrees to paint and it hasn't gone up to 40 yet.

After the repairs are done, they would come and inspect it again. Then, we would get the rest of the reserve and after that, there's a line of credit. This year, there are some and then next year, there will be more. We started the process in December and they finally got it approved in January. It took a while and now, we're working on that reserve part. We're trying to get that and the rest of the broker’s share of the loan. We’ll probably have $10,000 more after that. It's moving along.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Live Well Financial was referred to me. They stayed in the cool zone and the guy was informative. Everything was good with the application process. A snag came because of a prior loan but they fixed it. Their Loan Officer, Brad, told me to wait, and then we set a date and we redid it. I needed to wait five months and then I could do it because it was a two-year wait from loan to loan and we just didn’t discover the prior loan until the end. Brad kept all my information so it was pretty simple after that. He did what he was supposed to do and helped me where I needed help. He also explained where the money goes and I'm happy with the whole thing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: March 21, 2018

My experience with Live Well Financial has been good. I had three other lender options but I chose Live Well Financial because of the girl. I went over to a secured mortgage vendor to retain some things there. It’s not the biggest thing. It was only a few days after I had the guy here that financed it to give me the okay on the appraisal and three days later, they were calling to close. Also, my interactions with my loan officer, Patricia, were good. She called me and I’d give her all the information I had. It was great working with Live Well Financial. Still, the rates were not too good. They were pretty high.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I'm retiring in about a year and a half and I want to get my house paid up. I took a reverse mortgage from Live Well Financial. I looked over everything and thought their percentage was better than others. A woman came down and we did a lot of paper signing. However, some of it was done via email. Everything took about two hours and I wish there was less paperwork. The loan officer was nice and efficient. She was on top of everything and I felt very comfortable working with her. She answered my questions very well and got back to me within a couple of hours. Also, we took Live Well Financial's online course and received good guidance. They have made life easier. If something happens now, I don’t have to worry about my house payment.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My experience with Live Well Financial was very good. I got a reverse mortgage because I did not have a whole lot of money and I knew I had value in my home. Also, because of my illnesses, I needed help. I did some research and I came up that Live Well as the best one for me. The responses I have had from their rep were very encouraging, guiding and informative. They said that my rate was under five percent but it went through on the five percent. It was a little discouraging, but it was not a big deal. Putting me in a situation where I can handle my month to month was very comforting. Furthermore, understanding how everything works after I passed was very suitable and I agreed with it. I know they worked hard and that was really appreciated. I would definitely recommend Live Well Financial. I would tell my friends that they can be a resource for getting help when they need it.

Original review: March 18, 2018

So far, my experience with Live Well has been good. These reverse mortgage things aren’t the greatest loans in the world, but it's okay. I was totally broke and so I chose to get a reverse mortgage. With Live Well, I felt a little better deal than some of the ones I’ve contacted. I had the counseling session, and had to get everything in order, and give a whole bunch of papers. The application and underwriting process took a couple of months. And then I had an assessor come over and assess the house.

However, I needed money as soon as I could get it, and Live Well failed to tell me a couple of things. Nobody told me I needed to make a formal request to get X amount of dollars. But other than that, they were all good. My loan person, Shauna, was very nice. She helped through the whole thing, answered any questions and did everything. Their rates are too high, but that’s how it is. I don’t have much choice. Still, I’d tell a friend to check Live Well Financial out, get an estimate and see how Live Well can be competitive.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I had to mortgage my home when my sister and brother both went into a nursing home. I could not pay that mortgage of $900 a month so to keep up with that, I wanted to reduce it so that it would be easy on me. I had another company that came out and looked at the property but it seemed as though they were going to take longer and I wanted to close this deal and get it over with. Live Well Financial could close quickly and their rates were pretty good.

Everything was good when I worked with them and when I enrolled, I gave my name and then I waited for a call from them. I told Karen that I wanted to start paying back. By the time Karen called me, I was tied completely. We had an interaction together and it was nice so I trusted her and went on and closed it. It happened within a month or two so I was happy with that. Live Well Financial reduced my monthly payment, although I'm still waiting on the information about how I can still send in some money back and do as much as I can to reduce the payment for my kids and try to pay the home off. Live Well Financial told me they would send me information but I have not received it and I didn't like that. I'll tell my friends that I was satisfied with Live Well but they need to do their own investigation.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I thought reverse mortgage was the best way for me to go at one point. I went with Live Well Financial because the gentleman that I spoke with originally, his name was Frank, seemed very knowledgeable and he was very helpful. Frank was on top of everything. If I had a question, he contacted and answered me immediately. And if I had any questions, I emailed him and he got right back to me, even on the weekend. I applied online then they called me and things were sent via email. They had someone come to the house to bring the papers. The process of obtaining the mortgage was very simple. Everything was explained very well and was done very quickly in a timely manner. Everything went very well.

When the woman told me the process will close by the end of the of the month, it closed by the end of the month. Everything went just as they said it was. Live Well’s people were very knowledgeable and helpful. They explained everything in lay man's terms and didn't try to talk over my head and talk too fast. And if they would talk, they gave me a chance to ask questions and then explained anything. There was one time that the rep couldn’t find the answer and he placed me on hold, came back in two seconds and had the answers for me. If a friend or family asks about Live Well, I’d tell them to go with them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Live Well Financial is A+ as far as I'm concerned. Tom was our loan officer and he guided us through the process, bore with us and we got it done. The process was good and the interest rate was wonderful. I called them up and I thanked them for what they did. Working with Live Well Financial helps to pay off a bunch of debt. We were getting them paid but the monthly payments were still a hardship for us and we're both senior citizens. My son-in-law is interested in getting a mortgage for a home and I talked to him about Live Well Financial. When he gets ready, he's going to give them a call.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We got a reverse mortgage since we still had a house payment. We needed to get out from the house payment and to help us out financially. There are some things around the house that needs to be done. Our Live Well Financial loan officer was right on top of everything and she was really good to me. She called me and kept me up on what was going on and how long it was going to take. I was upset because it wasn't going as fast as it should've gone but that wasn't her fault.

Right now, there's a deal that's going on for maintenance on a shed that we got to do. We couldn't do it because it was snowing so we got the loan anyway. And we couldn't do the roof. What we wanted to do was to tear it down. It's been a couple of weeks since I've talked to anybody and I'm still trying to get some information back from them and they never got back to me on whether we can tear the shed down or do anything with it to get rid of it. It's whether they'd pay for the maintenance on the roof. But the roof is all falling apart. It's going to cost quite a bit more than what I think they thought.

My husband wasn't for it first until I talked to the first person that I talked to get information. He put our minds at ease about a lot of the things about a reverse mortgage like we would lose our house. It made us feel a lot better. I recommended them to my sister. I told her how much Live Well Financial helped us out and it doesn't cost her anything. She just has to call and get a quote to see how much. Her house was paid for but they're in financial constraints.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Live Well used to send the paperwork to those who are interested, as well as the phone numbers for counseling where we could go and see someone in person. They do not offer those services anymore. It’s always over the phone. We want to save our home monthly payments, so we can do some trips. We saw Live Well Financial on their TV advertisement, and we felt good about it. Obtaining the reverse mortgage process was very swift. Those guys, Matt and Justin, were on time and they were very courteous and professional. They’re on top of things, and we really like the way they handled the loan. I appreciated whoever is the supervisor or manager of those guys.

We had our counseling not from Live Well, but from GreenPath. The gentleman was really nice and he made sure that we understand what we're going into. But the interest rate is a little high. An acquaintance from church went to AAG and they have a better rate. We just had the mortgage from Live Well last month and I appreciate the courtesy, professionalism and knowledge of those guys there. Not all companies have those kind of knowledgeable and very good customer service people.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I live by myself and my children are all grown up and got their own lives. I wanted to be able to do what I wanted to do and stay in my own home but I knew I couldn't. With my retirement, I didn't have the money to do the upkeep on my house. I've got three children and there's no way I could leave this house to just one of them. And if I made the difference, that wouldn't work. I had been seeing Live Well Financial on TV. I went through all the options and after I talked to Susan, I fell in love with her. She went overboard helping me and I couldn't have made it without her. She was super nice. That's how I ended up with Live Well, and I have not regretted it, not for one minute.

I let Susan walk me through the process of obtaining my mortgage. She told me what she needed and then I got it. It didn't take that long and before I knew it, I had it. And then, I had to have my lot survey or my land, and the process took a few months. I'm very pleased and I would definitely recommend anybody that wants a reverse mortgage to go through Live Well. I have talked to my friends who are at the age to retire about going through a reverse mortgage. It's the greatest thing.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I had called several lending providers for my reverse mortgage. As soon as I talked to one broker for Live Well, I was very impressed with her. At one point, I thought about changing to another one because my son wanted me to, and she was fine with that. She told me that if I had any questions, I could still ask a question any time. When the other lender didn’t seem to be able to answer my questions, I went right back to her. It was a very difficult loan because it was a reverse mortgage. The application itself was not a big deal but it was difficult because I had already sold my home and I was moving different areas.

The one problem I had was, I signed the papers in California, I was moving to Tennessee, and they sent me to people who had to audit the paper and had me sign papers. They knew nothing about reverse mortgages and it created problems. They put me in a room, didn’t explain anything about the paperwork and they couldn’t answer any of my questions. It seemed to take forever for them to get the paperwork done. It took two hours. I ended up calling the person who was doing my loan from Live Well, Clee, on the phone. She stayed on the phone the whole time, explained everything I was signing and she was very patient. She fought for me to get a low term, and a low rate reverse mortgage, which was great. She kept me very informed and I was very happy.

I don’t know why I had to go there and it could’ve been done at my house. They didn’t even give the copy of my paperwork that I signed. I was a bit angry because it took so long. They were not very pleasant to deal with and didn’t know they needed certain things. They did nothing there and they were useless. On the other hand, I was waiting for my place to be built so, it made it a little bit more difficult and Clee just seemed to make it much easier for me. In addition, Amy was the one who got the paperwork ready for the underwriting and she was also great. They went so beyond the realm of what they needed to do and I was very impressed with of them.

My entire experience was more than just Live Well, it’s whoever you are having to deal with on the other side, too. So, it can be a bad experience on the other side of it if you’re buying and that’s where all the trouble seem to come. It takes a while when doing a reverse mortgage and it is a difficult kind of loan sometimes. I've done a reverse mortgage before with a different company. You need a lot more than you would a normal loan because it’s FHA. I had a good experience with Live Well and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I always went back to doing business with Live Well Financial because I liked what I heard. I went through the process really well. It was a little bit slow closing out, but all mine wen through the holidays. Josh and another guy who I dealt with on my loan were very business-like. The rate and terms were also great. My wife and I have worked all over the United States as construction managers, and we’ve sold several houses on our own. But this went very very good with Live Well. I would do it again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I don't get too much on social security so I gotta make that stretch. Live Well was the first one to come around. They made my life easier. I don't have to make mortgage payments. But the process has a lot of paperwork. The application and underwriting took about three months and I wish it could've been a little speedier. The loan officer whom I spoke with was alright and tried to be as helpful as possible. I was comfortable working with him. Also, the guidance I have received was alright.

Original review: March 11, 2018

It started off real well with Steven. But then, Leslie got a hold to it. I told her what Steven said about how long it's going to take and Leslie said, "Oh, no! That never gonna happen!" And the next thing I know, there are three or four more who got a hold to it. It took four months to get a damn loan. I dealt with the government before. When my husband was alive, we've had government loans before and it never took four months to get it. Steven tried to keep covering it over saying, "Oh, it's just a government loan."

When Leslie got a hold to it, everything went south. I should have stopped it right then but I went ahead and done it anyway. I should have never gone through. Leslie also said that they would pay off what they wanted to pay, not what I wanted them to pay off. I didn't get what they told me I was going to get. I ended up with $1000 to myself. And the rest of it went away. Leslie wanted it to go. And instead of calling the people and asking them what the payoff was, she just paid off what was on the statements that I sent her. And with the last woman who came to my house for that notary public, I signed 86 papers that I had already signed twice before. It was nothing but a damn rip-off from day one. I will not refer Live Well Financial to anybody. I am very upset.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I'm getting older and I needed things done. I also went through a divorce and I couldn't afford my financials and social security. I got a hold of this sweet boy, Eric, from Live Well. He got me through everything. He'd tell me every time I was going to get something and then what I had to do. The overall process took some time but other than that, it was okay. I can take $1,000 more out this year. Appliances are high and I just didn't have enough to get my refrigerator. So I got everything paid off. But other than that, it wasn't that much. I know if I wait very long, the rates are really going up. I had to file bankruptcy and the one where I pay it back.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Live Well Financial has been lying to me ever since. I did a mortgage and they paid more to the appraisal than they were supposed to pay. They took it off on top of the money that I was supposed to get. So, when I called them back, they told me that they were going to send it to me once the city sent them back the refund and once the mortgage company sent them back what they will pay. But I shouldn't have to wait because they made the mistake, not me. They told me I was going to get the money back a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get anything yet because they said they were going to cash the check. The city didn't cash the checks and the appraisal company didn't do it either.

I called Live Well a couple of weeks ago and told them that my thing wasn't resolved but they won't talk to us now. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. It was a bad deal all around. If I had done my research before I did what I did, I would have never done it. But I didn't do my research and that was the problem. Also, once they send you the check, you only got three days to read through 500 pages of stuff. The lady came out Friday evening around 8 o'clock and then, she dropped all these papers in. It has been a bad experience for me.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Live Well was much more cooperative. They were willing to negotiate. They did everything that the other people thumb their noses at. I started out with three people. But the third one was nonresponsive. I narrowed it down to two and Live Well kept on top of things. They were very pleasant to deal with. Everything about them was very good. I got right down to the final and I said I needed the final pricing and at that point, the other company fell through the floor and Live Well came through. I don't think the application process with Live Well was any better or worse than with anybody else. I also went through the full application process with the other company and it was quite extensive. Any mortgage is gonna be like that. You wind up signing so many documents that you would never have time to read them.

The reps from Live Well were very willing to help. They gave me common sense answers. They didn't try to muddle around in dark waters. They came right out and answered questions very politely and they were very courteous. The whole thing about them was excellent. However, the timeline was long. It took two to three months for the overall process to finish. But I had my own mental deadline as to when I had to get it done. And I just allowed myself plenty of time to get it done. Live Well has helped me out and I'm greatly appreciative of that. It's one less thing I have to deal with.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I wanted to refinance and Live Well Financial did it very fast. They handled the whole thing and their reps were good and swift. However, I thought they would pay off all the bills but they left one. But otherwise, everything was okay. They did a good job and I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I was inquiring about a reverse mortgage. Then, I got a call from somebody from Live Well Financial. We spoke and I decided to go ahead and then have the person work with me as to what I really needed. I did not do the reverse mortgage because I didn't have enough money and I got a loan instead. Most of my transactions go to my granddaughter, who is a business major in college. So, she was saying that the interest rate was good enough for me to go ahead and accept the loan.

The rep I spoke to was very helpful. He advised me as to the procedure and we went ahead with it. It wasn't anything difficult as far as I'm concerned. He was also very on time with everything that he promised and everything went really well. Every time that I would call, I can get him. There was also an officer and she was taking care of another process. I would call and I may not get her. But if I left a message, she will return my call and most of the time, almost promptly.

The first process took about three weeks to a month. After they said that my credit rating was good enough for me to obtain the loan, it was another five to six weeks before closing. Everybody was courteous and was helpful. There were times when I wasn't sure of what I was supposed to do and all I had to do was call. I was told exactly what should be done and what's the best thing for me to do.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We picked a reverse mortgage to pay off some bills and get a plan for my death benefit. I already have my burying lot, and I just needed some extra money because the burial now here in Corinth is $10,000. I called Live Well Financial and signed on with them. The loan officer was nice and I could call him anytime I wanted to talk to him. Everything was fine except for the guy that did the appraisal of the house. He asked me if we have a septic tank and I said yes but he claimed we had a well. I told him that we had the city water and gas. We had to send a gas and water bill to show that we were with the city gas and water. They wanted us to put a pumping station to pump out the septic tank, but the city is going to cost us over million dollars so we didn't do it.

I got gas logs in the fireplace and he said that wasn’t vented but he didn't even look at it. And they are vented. We got two big bedrooms and a small one. He just walked right to the small one and took a picture. Last time I had the house appraised it priced for 120,000. The prices of houses just went out but he just said it was 104,000. I even walked out with him to show him that we had gas and water. He walked right by the water meter in the yard. If he opened his eyes he could have seen it. I told Live Well about it and he knew it. He told me to take a picture of it vented with a smartphone. But I don't have a smartphone and I'm half blind and I wouldn’t able to do it. Other than that, the money I received was fine and the application process took an hour and a half. But Live Well should get somebody that knows what they're doing about the value.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My 87-year-old mom purchased her home about 10 years ago and she bought it cash. She had no mortgage on it. But as one lives longer, the expenses get more evolved. And so, our family sat down and wanted to ensure that she wasn’t in need and that she would be able to meet all her expenses. I looked into a reverse mortgage about five years ago but we didn’t agree to go ahead with that. I was with her for a while and we talked about her finances. I then explained what a reverse mortgage would’ve been and how it would affect her. Instead of her having this home that has value sitting there, she said she wanted to leave the home for us. We wanted to have the benefit of it.

It was a long story but we finally convinced her that she should take advantage of the reverse mortgage program so that she could be a little more comfortable in terms of doing things, paying bills and paying for home care, which was a major part because we didn't want her to go to a nursing home. Part of it was to make sure she was staying in her home.

I went online and I saw Live Well. I read about it and I sent an email. Walter responded really fast, before the end of the day. We chatted then he took me through the process. I told him to send me the information and that I would sit with my mom and talk to her about it. He did so and I then sat I explained it to my mom. She was very concerned about the fact that she wouldn’t own her home, but Walter, all the other staff, and the HUD representative made it very clear to her that she would still own her home until she would pass. It was to ensure that her quality of life was better enhanced and the fact that she had equity in her house.

Walter made the impression of setting up the HUD interview. The rep from HUD was very polite and it took about an hour. My mom and I were on the phone and she went through the steps. She kept asking if she'd still own the home to which she was answered yes. The rep sent an agreement letter and I gave her the name of Live Well. I told her they would be the agent. She sent it to Walter and she sent it to me. Walter then sent me the package with the steps. There was a whole series of getting the agreement signed and a notary came and my mom signed around 50 pages of documents. She had writer’s cramp but he was quite polite about getting her through it. Towards the end, she was getting a little tired but she understood everything. The application was done.

The assessment of the property followed and there was a back and forth thing with Walter and me about the terms, about how much the upfront would be and what the monthly would be. I had to consult with my mom and especially my siblings then we agreed on an amount. The assessment was done and it came in at 350 based on the information we had gotten about the area. Walter had already spoken to me about that and it wasn’t far off from what he said the value would be so we continued.

The next step was the signing of the documents. The process started here in New York. She was visiting with me and I’m her executor. After the documents were signed here, the agreement, she went back to Atlanta. My sister now became the contact person there and she coordinated the valuation and the signing. And that day I was on the phone so I had a conference with my mom, the agent who was overseeing the signing and my sister. Walter had sent me a copy of the document so I went through it. I had about five questions. But then Walter's wife was pregnant and he had to rush to the hospital so he said that the agent would be able to respond to the questions and she did so to my satisfaction.

My mom once again had writer’s cramp as she signed everything. And after that, there was an issue. I just opened a new account for funds to be deposited into but the check leaves had not been generated yet. Initially, we wanted it to go into the account but they said no and that they would issue a check. Several days after the signing, the check came. Mom endorsed it and it was deposited. The monthly check came two weeks after and that was endorsed and deposited also. We’ve been moving from there on and doing stuff for her and for the house that needed to be done.

Overall, Walter and the people I had contact with were all superbly aware. My mom and sibling had questions so I kept throwing questions at Walter. I also asked him to revise something and figure out the numbers. He was very quick. I would send it and it would come back in a second. It could’ve been faster if it wasn't for us though. It could’ve taken place within a full week or less. But there was the Christmas break and New Year’s and my siblings and everybody were busy doing stuff for celebrations.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Getting a reverse mortgage from Live Well Financial seemed like an excellent idea financially. I don’t have to make the payments and I will have plenty of money to pay the taxes with at the end of the year. I went through Live Well's sales process with a very wonderful gentleman. He was very attentive and I was very, very happy with him. I tried not to be too demanding and give him all the information I could that I wasn’t sure I had. He said they could help me get them, so I was confident about having that information one way or another. I was able to get all of it through for financial proof.

When he had finished his part, he sent me a wonderful lady. She walked me through the rest of the process. She was so pleasant yet so professional. She let me know a couple of things and when she was done and I was ready to pay off my mortgage, it cost more than I had thought it was going to. But I went ahead and did it anyway because we had gone through this long, drawn-out, stressful process. I was a little disappointed in the amount of money.

I had been involved in a previous application process with AAG and I wasn’t happy. So, I had to start over again. A guy came to evaluate the house and I was able to finish paying its value. I got to a point where I was feeling overwhelmed and that was near the end of December. I asked Live Well's rep if we could just wait until January because I felt then I’d be able to delve into the process. It worked out and I was very pleased with that. I had a bit of a respite and was able to continue with the process with less stress after the New Year. It wasn’t the only thing going on for me, so there was added stress. I was well cared for by their loan officers and I trusted them implicitly. They always knew the answer. Live Well Financial convinced me that they were more honest, honorable and dependable than the AAG quotes that I had been given that they wouldn’t give me in writing.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I kept seeing Live Well Financial ads on TV and they have done manufactured homes. But they were the worst liars I’ve ever dealt with in my life. They didn't know how to tell the truth and they didn't keep me informed. I called, left messages and I sent emails but I didn't hear anything from them. Right at the end, I almost went ahead and canceled all this whole mess and almost went with another company. I got tired of it as it had been going on a year before we closed.

With everything we’d done with them, they wouldn’t come clean with us. The guy that I was originally working with, I told his boss that I didn’t want him ever calling me again. He would call me and tell me supposedly updates of what was going on and it wasn’t even my phone. It was somebody else’s phone he was speaking from. I didn't know what he was talking about. They just didn’t have it together. They were either too big or they didn't care about their people. And they get people on TV to talk about them and how good they are. I don’t know where they’re getting all that from.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I needed the additional income so I got a reverse mortgage from Live Well Financial. This is the second time I refinanced and I know there are a lot of fraudulent companies out there and I trusted them from when I initially had them so I just kept them. But it turned out to be the worst time I’ve had that I dealt with Live Well. I was disappointed this time.

I was a victim of an elder abuse and financial fraud and that’s the reason why I applied for the loan at this time. And I wanted to have my appraisal fee put in part of the loan where at the time of the closing the appraisal fee could be incorporated in it. And it was a refusal to do so, so it really put a hardship on me. And the company they go through for counseling said that it should not have been a problem to do so.

The loan officer was reluctant to do so. He waited a while and it was like he's playing a game or I don’t know if he thought that I was lying about my circumstance. He was also reluctant to ask his supervisor because he didn’t want to do it and then after about two months he said he asked his supervisor and his supervisor said no, they were not going to do it. And I said “Why won’t you do it?” He said, “You might pull out of it.” I said, “But in any case, the $295 was going to be paid because I was going to get the loan.” So we went back and forth, back and forth with it. I’ve never had that problem before. I just felt that it was unnecessarily dragged out and I wasn’t happy at the way it went.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My experience with Live Well Financial was great. They did what they had to do, I had to do what I had to do, and it worked out. There was another company that jumped in, Redwood bank, and they ranked it all to find statements that didn’t seem right. They were in a living trust and I had to get my creditors there to fill out papers. I got my check a week or two ago, and I’m satisfied. I’m already building up the cash credit and so, I’m happy to deal with it.

The time before, I removed the property from the living trust temporarily, and it took me a shorter time. But, there were more papers to fill out and more mailing back and forth on this one. The situation was different from the beginning and this one, but there aren’t many people that could get three or four checks over 95 now, and I’m 96. Live Well has been a good deal for me because when my son and my wife passed away, I still had $1100 a month and a second lawyer paying on it, and we paid that off. It hasn’t cost me a thing but insurance and taxes.

My net worth was over a million and a half between the Golden 1 Credit Union, holding seventh in the United States. And then I have monthly bonds for another $450,000, and I was getting it because of the neuropathy in my legs. And I was going through stem cell treatments, which are very expensive, so I still have a chance to get extra money to help me. If I had my choice, I would recommend Live Well because I knew I could believe what they said.

Live Well Financial expert review by Michele Lerner

Live Well Financial has been offering reverse mortgages and other mortgage products since 2005. It originally only served customers in Virginia, but now services mortgages and reverse mortgages across America.

• Provides HECM mortgages: All reverse mortgages are insured by the federal government and are provided according to government rules.

• Easy to navigate website: Customers looking for reverse mortgages can easily find information and/or apply online.

• Good variety of programs: There are several mortgage programs available, allowing users to find the reverse mortgage that best fits their needs.

• Information: Seniors may not be clear on what types of mortgages are available or what the terms of service are and will need to call for more information.

• No non-HECM mortgages: Seniors who are looking for anything other than the standard reverse mortgage (i.e. a home-repair reverse mortgage) may not find it.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Live Well Financial Company Information