toll free

Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Curtis -

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll be sure to let Karen know about the kind words. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had a wonderful reverse mortgage experience dealing with Live Well Financial. My counselor, Karen **, was awesome in her approach to customer service. She never strayed from her professionalism although I'm sure I asked many "dumb, stupid" questions. I am truly refreshed to learn there is customer service and common courtesy left in corporate America.

Don was very helpful and always responded to our questions. All the contacts were friendly and helpful. The only person who appeared rude was the appraiser who came out. We have met many appraisers and had refinanced in the past. They were professional and honest, yet friendly.

Everything about working with Live Well was extremely professional. Desteney ** couldn't have been more helpful. I've employed hundreds of people over the years in my insurance business and never had a representative that was the equal of Desteney!

We refinanced our home with Live Well recently and we are very happy with the outcome. The two young men that we dealt with was very polite and knowledgeable. We lowered our payment by almost $250.00 and our interest rate by around 3 points. The loan was done in a timely manner and I would recommend this company to a friend.

My kids are growing and going and have their own thing. I put in a new request for some information about reverse mortgage through LendingTree and Live Well Financial contacted me. The basic financial plan was the same for most of the mortgage companies, except for Live Well that had a better initial offer for the first year. They asked me what I needed on their initial offer and I compared it factually with another company that had made an offer. I asked the other company to compare their offer to Live Well's offer and I received what I thought was a very good answer. We emailed and had some phone calls with the Live Well staff. I started out with the initial person and then went to another set of people. All of them were cordial, very good and responsive to any questions or comments that I had. I'm very satisfied with my experience with Live Well.

We wanted to do some upgrades and repairs in the house and so we thought a reverse mortgage would be fine for it. Somebody had recommended Live Well Financial to my daughter, then she talked to them and she liked them. They were easy to work with and answered all our questions. They also provided us with good guidance in making the decision. We didn't have any problems and we thought they were great. We were satisfied with the service.

I looked for reverse mortgage information because we needed more of a cushion to fall back on in case of death or in case one person gets sick. I talked to different companies and we got into pricing, then I decided on Live Well strictly on the fees. The loan officer and I talked quite a bit by text and by phone. She was very helpful and it was a good experience. I would recommend Live Well.

My sole income is social security and that doesn't stretch a whole lot if you need to do any maintenance on your house or have any money for doing things. I had been thinking about reverse mortgages for quite a while. The Live Well Financial rep I talked with called, worked with me and helped me get this through. He was very good and I enjoyed my experience with him. Overall, my experience was very satisfactory. Everything went smoothly and was very good.

I wanted my debt on the house, due to a business failure, out of the way. With my age and the fact that we had enough equity and everything in the house to get it done, we decided to look into adding a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan. Live Well Financial contacted me and they emailed me proposed terms and it appeared to me to be the best deal out there, plus the people are great. The loan officer gives attention to my case and they actually sounded like they cared. I'm very satisfied with them. The whole experience was just quite good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Once I went online and started doing research on reverse mortgages, I was contacted by numerous financial institutions including Live Well Financial. The gentleman who contacted me was excellent and gregarious. He was competitive and he didn't give up. We enjoyed talking to him and we chose Live Well primarily because of him. The loan officer was in California and I’m in Texas so everything was done electronically or by telephone. We would discuss doing a reverse mortgage with them and he would send me some things by fax or by email to read and go over.

Once it was turned over to the next stage, I had some bumps in the road. The personalities were not at all what we expected after being with the loan officer. After the loan closed and I needed some help through the help center, I came across an extremely rude woman who was very ugly to me, she kept yelling at me and telling me to be quiet. And that if I won't be quiet, she would hang up on me which she did. So I called our regional loan officer and told him about that. He said that he would research it and take care of the problem for me. Also, he said he would get back with me even though that wasn’t his job and he did all that.

Through a reverse mortgage, I could get a little money. The guidance about the reverse mortgage that Live Well Financial provided was okay. However, they could’ve made it easier for me to get the loan. The interaction I had with the loan officer was too upsetting and I paid out a lot of charges to get the loan. When the appraiser came out, he thought I had a piece of junk here and I got a lot of money caught up in this. I had to go through a lot of stuff with him. The appraisal made was way too low. It should be appraised at least for $120,000.00 to $225,000.00. Also, I told him that I know there are things I have to do with the place when I get the money but then he told me that I have to do this and that. He exactly did what I said I didn't like. It's the only thing that just didn’t make sense to me, but that’s life.

Live Well Financial

Philip, We look forward to helping your sister. Enjoy your vacation!!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I wanted to do some work on the house and take a vacation so I decided to look into a reverse mortgage with Live Well. I had a great interaction with their loan officer as he answered all my questions. Their guidance was helpful in making decisions regarding the reverse mortgage and they also got right to it. I had a very good experience with Live Well and, in fact, I'm going to recommend them to my sister.

Live Well Financial

Uncomplicated, Quick and easy- we are happy to help!

Original review: July 2, 2017

My wife and are both 72 and we have no family and relatives. I have private equity in our house and we thought we might as well use the money and make our lives easier. And so, we chose to get a reverse mortgage. I called Live Well and they explained the reverse mortgage process. Their explanation was very uncomplicated, quick and easy going and so I started with them.

My loan officer was competent and he knew what he was talking about. He was also polite, friendly and on time. He said he’s going to call me at 3:00, I got a call at 3:00 on time. I do appreciate punctuality. I also got informed about every step of the process and the progress of the program. Whenever we needed a new form, Live Well called me and I would send it. They would acknowledge receipt of it and explain to me and my wife what the next step would be. Live Well was very punctual and efficient. Our experience with them went smoothly.

Live Well Financial

Sounds like you are really doing your homework and finding the best financial solutions so that you and your wife can live in the home forever. Congratulations!

Original review: June 30, 2017

My wife and I are both in our 70's. We wanted to get the house so that we wouldn’t have any more payments that's why we opted for a reverse mortgage. I never heard of Live Well Financial before. I had questioned them and the loan originator like crazy, but he was so overwhelmingly cordial to me. I studied well the booklet they sent me and it all looked to be about right.

The only problem we had was that our house came back with a pre-appraisal that was lower than what we thought and we had to take out a little bit of money upfront to guarantee we could get into the qualifying rounds of things. We went ahead and done that because I've still got the job that I thought I might be losing and I still may, but that has bought the place where my wife and I would be able to live in for the rest of our lives without a payment. But one thing that I would like is to be able to establish a line of credit, which we weren't able to do and I'm hoping we could get that done in the next few years when the price of the house goes up and our ages go up, too. It would make more difference if we can get a mortgage back on if we needed. Other than that, I've been very happy with Live Well.

Live Well Financial

Arthur- It's about time you started enjoying your retirement! We are happy to have served you.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I've been thinking about getting a reverse mortgage for a couple of years and so I called Live Well Financial up and it sounded pretty good from what they were telling me and I went for it. The guidance I received from them was on time and everything was to my satisfaction. So far, they're doing pretty good.

Live Well Financial

Gary- Our team is different from other companies, because we care about service. Anne is happy to have helped you through this process, and we all hope you enjoy retirement and new found financial freedom.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I'm 77 years old and actively working almost all the time. I have my own plumbing and heating business. Anne, a mortgage loan originator with Live Well Financial, called and she sounded so sincere and tried very hard to get everything done. We were having some problems with getting a clear title and we held back on the taxes because we didn't know who got to stay in the house. Somehow, things got sidetracked and they messed up some of the taxes and the title search, but everybody's trying their best to solve everything. Anne kept in contact with us and didn't let up. She did a fantastic job and we really, really, really enjoyed dealing with her. We tried dealing with others and they left us high and dry. Overall, Live Well has treated us very well a lot of the times and I'd recommend them.

Live Well Financial

Sandra- A reverse Mortgage is a wise choice as part of your retirement planning. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Getting a reverse mortgage was always my retirement plan. I was pleased with the interactions I had with Live Well's company representatives, so I decided to work with them. Their representatives made sure I understood. When you deal with anything that's outside your normal activity, terminology would be an issue. But, they took the time to explain things. And so, working with them was a good experience for me.

Live Well Financial

Joe- that's great! please do allow us to help your friends find their own financial freedom.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Though I'm financially stable to make the payments, I got tired of making them. So, I thought of doing a reverse mortgage. I didn't take the interest, but I still have the option to pay it off. Also, the kids persuaded me to do it myself while I'm still able to get around and do it. The format for the Live Well Financial program was great and their loan officers were very cooperative, prompt, professional, and they led me through the program and explained everything to my satisfaction. Also, the real estate people right on time. I also had very minimal to do to the house with the FHA. I'm very satisfied with Live Well Financial and have recommended a couple of friends my age looking into it.

I called three companies but the two seemed to wanna rush through things. Some would answer questions but some wouldn’t. But the guy from Live Well understood what I was trying to accomplish and worked with me to get that far. He was easy to work with, somebody who didn’t seem like they were in a rush to get to the next call.

I’m close to 80 years old and my wife is 76 now and she’s having some difficulties. So, I just thought I would get a head of the game and go to reverse mortgage route. I have the one where they put the money into a fund and you can draw out of it any time that you want. It’s nice to know that if something happens to her and she’s got to go to a nursing home, I’ll still be able to stay in my home.

The loan officer told me what the ins and outs were of a reverse mortgage. He also told me what my responsibilities would be after the loan and that this is gonna be one of the most difficult loan to apply for and that they would guide me through it. The closer who was in San Diego guided me step by step and worked with me. Both of them were patient and answered my questions, and they weren't in a big hurry to dump me off and get on with business. They were great people to work with.

I was really surprised how much it took to get a reverse mortgage. There was a lot of hoops and things that you gotta jump through. I am a retired engineer and I travelled a whole bunch during my career. I've had help in putting together about ten mortgages in my 42 years of working. And this was the most difficult to get all the paperwork together and other stuff satisfy their needs. But they all jumped in at Live Well and helped. They steered me in the right direction and even the people that they sent out for the house to close on the mortgage was very easy to get along with. It’s a great organization. I got my first statement and everything seemed to be in order. I hope it’ll be smooth sailing from here on. I was planning on sending those people a letter and letting them know how much I appreciate their role in getting me a reverse mortgage. I’m happy with it, so far.

Live Well Financial

Jane- the best compliment is your recommendation. We would love to help your friends find the same financial freedom that you have.

Thanks for your business.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I had contacted four different mortgage companies. However, I didn't like two of them because when I would ask a question, I get the feeling that I'm speaking because I don't know the answer. We had never done a reverse mortgage before so I did not know the answers. Also, one of the other companies was pushy. Conversely, we liked the way we were treated better at Live Well Financial. If I call with the question, their loan officers would call me. If I didn't know the answer off the top of my head, they would tell me what we were looking for. They were all very helpful and I liked the guidance we received from Live Well. The paperwork was sent to us so we had time to read and think about it. My experience with Live Well has been very positive. And so, I've been recommending them to my friends.

Live Well Financial

Hazel, It was a pleasure serving you! Please recommend us to your friends and family- a reverse mortgage can be a powerful tool for them too. Best Wishes.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I got tired of paying the mortgage and being broke so I got a reverse mortgage. I tried some other companies and I didn't like the way they treated me, so I went to Live Well. We had a little bit of tough time and it's always important to have someone talk to me, and the loan officer, Riley, kept me calm and said, "I'm going to work on it and I'm going to see and I'm going to give you a callback." He called me back when he said he would. I love that about him. He was the sweetest guy I ever talked to and he did a good job. I got a lot of information about reverse mortgage and I was pleased with it. I really am delighted because they worked with me. I had a few problems down the line and I thought I wasn't going to get through but they helped me get through it. And I would recommend them.

Live Well Financial

Denise will be so pleased to hear that you had a seamless experience with us. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and enjoy your retirement.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Live Well Financial is very customer oriented. They're very knowledgeable about the whole process. They told me what the expectation and schedule would be, what was going to be required and how it would work. And it was exactly the way they told me and I liked that. Their guidance was excellent and they gave really good advice. The lady that I worked with, Denise **, was outstanding and very helpful.

Live Well Financial

Edward- we always keep our word. A reverse Mortgage is a great deal with a lot of benefits so we make sure to explain everything so you can take full advantage. So glad it worked out for you.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Live Well Financial kept their word with the reverse mortgage. I didn’t want money and I just wanted to get the deal done so I could put money in the bank and leave it. Another company gave me a price and said it was $5300 for everything but when it was time to close they said I had to pay $9000 and I said “No”. I had spoken to Live Well Financial that time and they also gave me a price of $5300 then a guy came out to take pictures of the house and cost me $300. It ended up costing me $5600. The loan officer took care of me and was an excellent gentleman. The other company got real upset and I said, “Well, you don’t make changes. You make an agreement. You either keep or don’t. If you don’t keep it, I am not going to take it”. And I didn’t. But with Live Well, everybody really cared and put it together the correct way.

We refinanced with Live Well Financial and went for a reverse mortgage as a part of our retirement plan because it was a smart thing to pay off an existing mortgage and have no payments after. Our loan officer, in the middle of all of this, became ill and her immediate supervisor who took over did a terrible job. He was probably not knowledgeable in trying to get me to do some work that I thought he should do.

Live Well Financial

Doris, We always understand that life throws curve balls, and we are happy to be here to help you through this. We hope you enjoy your new found financial freedom & enjoy your retirement.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My husband is ill, so I'm losing one income. I was working also and I had to come out and take care of him. We checked two companies for the reverse mortgage and I did not like the way they talked to us. They were telling us more about what we had to go through to get what we wanted. And so, we went with Live Well Financial. I had my son help me and he communicated with them through a three-way line with me. The loan officer was courteous and they answered the questions that we had. They made me feel comfortable. I wasn't ready for the situation but I didn't have too much of a choice. It's the only thing that we could think of to keep us in our home for a little longer than what we could, if it's not working. It's been beneficial for what I'm going through right now. They were understanding, I accomplished what I was set out to do and I would recommend them to a friend.

Live Well Financial

Hi Mary- Happy to help you enjoy your new found financial freedom!

Original review: June 18, 2017

I did some inquiries on the internet and Live Well Financial was one of the ones I called but I wasn’t 62 yet so, I was told I needed to wait until I was closer to 62 before they could help me. They actually called me back which was nice and I was glad that they followed up with me. They were doing a good job. The young man who actually hooked me up with the loan officer walked over to the guy’s office and they were talking openly. He transferred me to the man who took care of the loan and that was really neat and they said other people are housed in the same place. They did what needed to be done to allow me to stay in my home.

The problem that came in for me was that my file was transferred to a woman that was not in the same building. I think she worked at her home and I had a very difficult time understanding her. She had a strong accent at some point and when we would ask her to repeat what she said because I didn’t understand her, she’d get angry. They represented their company and everybody whose in-house can walk to their desk. I felt really secure with that because I knew the issues would be resolved. When this other person that was outside of their office was given my file, I wish they had never told me that everybody would be under the same roof because that was my expectation. But we worked towards the timeline. They didn’t change me to another processor which I wish I would have, but it eventually closed.

Also, I had a different notary show up with piles of papers. There are so many pages to look through and I've always had a real estate person or the title company people or somebody that could explain what the papers were and whatever I'm signing. When I would ask a question, if I had one, it would say I need to call somebody over Live Well and that all they do is have me sign the papers and notarize them. So, they were uninformed and the timing was such that if I didn’t sign them, we wouldn’t close and I wouldn’t have the money for the next month. I felt manipulated a little bit that way. But some of the people that I interacted with were really great. I liked them and they pretty much saved my bacon in terms of not eventually getting me thrown out of my house.

I read quite a bit of information that I could get my hands on and called three different places to see what they’ve got to say. Live Well seemed way more polished and professional than the other two places I called. Plus, they were the first people that explained reverse mortgages to where I could really grasp it. When I first called Live Well Financial, they're really busy and Brett answered the phone. He seemed very professional and I wanted to talk to his boss. He chuckled a bit and gave me a name and a phone number. Brett is the co-owner of the company and I was going to call in and compliment him to the other guy.

Brett assigned Summer to me. I told her right from the start that I've never owned a cellphone. Cellphones don't work in my house and I'm totally off the grid. I live in an old fire forestry station up in the mountains in the bottom of the canyon. Personally, it was a problem to get this reverse mortgage done. Summer had to do everything for me. I got a guy in town that takes care of online matters for me and Summer worked with him. She is a really quality gal and I thought everything was going really well. When we applied for flood insurance, I was quoted a price, but not even a month later, I got a bill that said the flood insurance had gone up an additional $650 from approximately a $1,000 a year. If I live to be 85, that's about $10,000, which is 25% of the actual cash that I would realize from about $40,000. It was totally ridiculous.

I called Live Well and asked how come the insurance people can do this. When I talked to Brett, he said he was going to look into it and get it sorted out. Summer and I had a three way conference call with a young guy from the flood insurance, Westways. He didn't seem to understand why the bill was raised and couldn't explain it. At that point, Summer said that there's something wrong and that I should shop around for flood insurance. Overall, my experience with them has been very positive.

I don't get enough sense of security, so I decided to get a reverse mortgage. The Live Well Financial loan officer was very good, friendly and they contacted me quite often to know if there was anything I needed. But I did not realize that I was going to have to pay out so much money so I was upset. I had to pay $125 to talk to somebody that answer six questions. Then, I had to pay to have my house appraised and $500 to have my foundation checked. And he was here for 15 minutes. He walked around my house and looked at the blocks and left. And then, they complained because I had rust on my shed on the door and the very top part of my banister needed to be painted. So, they took $200 to put in reserve for that because it has been so wet. I have not been able to have it painted yet.

According to them, my mortgage was for $31,577, but now I got a letter from them saying I'm going to owe them $44,000. They've been very friendly but I do not like all these prices. I have a double wide and I had to have the panel taken down, so they could take a picture of my water heater. I had to pay $130 for that. Every time I turned around, they wanted money. They were supposed to be helping us, not robbing us. I could not understand all these money that I had to pay.

Live Well Financial

Having that cash flow can make a big difference! Enjoy it Mel.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I needed some cash flow, so I decided to do a reverse mortgage. Anne pursued that I go with Live Well Financial, and she was responsive to the questions and input that I had. There was also a guy named Justin who did a good job in supporting that. Everybody acted professionally and courteously. I had some fairly unique things to have done to finally execute that thing because my wife is in another state visiting. We had to sort out a separate signing for her and they made all that happen. They executed everything according to the offer, and it was a positive experience overall.

Live Well Financial

James- We are so glad that the Reverse Mortgage was such a smart (and lucrative) choice for you, as it is for many others!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I wanted to get my finances in order so I can retire sooner. I won’t be able to pay off my mortgage for another three years and I didn't want to wait that much longer so I went for a reverse mortgage. Conversations with Live Well Financial's sales reps led me to selecting them over others. Their loan officer was very friendly, had all the answers, and also very responsive in providing the information I requested. The loan officer was very timely, and followed through in that manner all the way through the process. Live Well Financial pointed out the advantages and the disadvantages so I understood what the situation was and that was helpful. I was very pleased with the process from start to finish with the loan officer and the other agents that I had to deal with. They were very professional, and they kept me informed about what was going on. It was a very positive experience.

Live Well Financial

We are happy you had a comfortable experience with us.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I went on a website as we were becoming interested in a reverse mortgage. Live Well was one of the ones that came up among seven or eight others. I made a phone call to Live Well and they sent the information. I got the information from four other companies and Win seemed to be a little bit more helpful as far as explaining the reverse mortgage than the other folks. Not that they didn’t do a good job, but Win did better. I was online and they were pulling out a whole a lot of names. That’s how I ended up with Live Well, with Win.

I found myself doing a lot of legwork to get the loan closed because of the way the house is paid for. I thought that I shouldn’t have had to do that but I went on and did it. It was a situation with the Credit Union where they have to do some things to show that I had pulled the money out of our account. Other than that, everything went around smoothly. Win gave me all the information on what I needed to do and once they got on top of it, they closed it pretty fast. I was surprised.

When you look at it from the standpoint of an old layman and they start talking about your money. I never really understand in which I tell my children, who are going to take over the house one day, that they've got to pay the loan back and the loan will be higher than what we took out of it. But that's what I did. I had some things I might have done on this end that I wonder why I don’t get paid for this or why am I doing this. Other than that, it was a comfortable experience. They never gave me something that couldn’t have been accomplished. Everything was within grasp.

Live Well Financial

Walter, you are correct, we do sincerely love helping people get the most out of their retirement. Enjoy!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I saw Live Well Financial's advertisement on TV and I was interested in doing a reverse mortgage. I contacted them and they seemed pretty honest. I had a friend of mine who has an iPad and he checked them out. He found out they had an A rating so I went with them. My house was the only asset that I have left in my life and I needed the money in order to pay the bills, the house insurance, my car insurance, and so on. I was living with a very, very low income and all my life I never made a lot of money. My income from Social Security was about $875 a month and with the regular house bills plus the house insurance which I do every four months, it was way over my head. I was fortunate enough to have some extra money left over from my sister’s insurance company but it was running out and I needed to find another income. I pay my bills on time regularly so having a reverse mortgage would help from the stress and worrying of where am I going to get the money when my sister’s insurance company money runs out that we didn’t use for her funeral.

I was happy to get Live Well Financial because my decision was already made prior to contacting them. I felt comfortable that what they were telling me was not a lie and everything was fine. I was trying to be cautious because you get these advertisements on TV then you buy the product and it never comes up to the snap to where you want it to be. This is my only asset, my home, and I really needed the money to pay the bills to sustain. It was a long process and I had no idea it would last this long. But, the people over there that I spoke with were very helpful in the sense that they gave me some insights of what was to come. They were very helpful in helping me to understand what was going on in the process and I really appreciated that. I was very satisfied with Live Well Financial. They were cordial and exact to the point. They also sound like they were honestly trying to help you and that meant a lot to me.

Live Well Financial

Donna, Sometimes a little breathing room in your finances is enough to get back on your feet- we are so glad to have been of service.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I heard so much advertising on Live Well Financial and it seemed like a good deal. A year ago, I became incapacitated and wheelchair-bound. Live Well came in, explained the things and had everything come to my home and do it which made things easier and more pleasant. They were friendly and my loan officer was a real peach. He told me exactly what it was, what was going on, how it's gonna happen, how long it's gonna take, and what I needed to do. He explained everything in detail. Their guidance was tops and I don't have any complaints with them at all. Live Well Financial made my bank account a little fatter and made it easier to think about what I am and am not gonna be able to do. They gave me some breathing room and it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Live Well Financial

Ken, We are happy to hear you enjoyed our seamless process and service. Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I was helped by several people, the one that I worked with the most was Kasey **. What a pleasure she was, professional and made me feel at ease. Truly I kept thinking nothing could go as smooth as this was going, I was wrong. No glitch. There was another young lady that also helped me but I cannot recall the name.

Live Well Financial Company Profile