4.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 159 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Live Well Financial Gallery (5)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 3, 2017

200 Live Well Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We bought a home in Florida and we needed a little extra cash. We called two or three other mortgage providers and we like the answers and the personnel that we got from Live Well Financial. The guidance that we got was very good as well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Everyone at Live Well Financial was wonderful. They just kept us informed on how things were going. We were dealing with another company before and their representative referred us over to them. We chose to have a reverse mortgage with Live Well as we would like to enjoy our retirement a little more. Their financial loan officer was wonderful. We hit it off right from the beginning so everything was great. The whole process took around 45 days from beginning to end. While we were expecting it to go faster, we were told it wouldn't. Still, if a friend would ask about Live Well Financial, I'll say do it. People are skeptical of reverse mortgages and I would just advise them that it's a good idea.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My sister had gone through a reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial and had no problems with them. I also signed up since we’re on a limited income and everything just keeps going up and it’s hard to keep up. Their loan officer was very knowledgeable about what he was doing. I received great guidance and the entire process took five weeks. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Live Well Financial is a great company. They knew I was looking for information on the reverse mortgage so I got a call from them. It was my first contact with anybody about reverse mortgages and the rep, Walter, was very well experienced. He wound up sending me some information about Live Well, what they did and what the situation was about reverse mortgages. At that time, there was supposed to be a $300,000 settlement with my divorce. I didn't have that money and I wanted to use my assets to cover that. My house was completely paid for and my credit was outstanding. It was about 8.3 at that time. Walter had all those information and he understood that was a good situation.

He went through everything and I didn’t have to do anything other than give him the right information. He took the ball and every time he called me, he would tell me that if I wanted, I could call him whenever I have any questions and he would answer. I didn’t have too many questions though, because he initially gave me all the information that I needed to make a decision. He also gave me all the required things that I had to have in terms of obtaining an application. When that was completed, I had to go through counseling. He gave me a whole list of people I could talk to for counseling to make sure I understood my responsibility. He laid everything out and that's exactly how it went.

However, I went on hold because we did not settle. So I have Live Well’s application on my desk for over a year and a half. At the same time, I also got six other companies from all over the United States. But I've talked to all these people and none of them were as good as Live Well. Walter counseled me so well that no one else could. He was the best and I had to have him. Live Well went over and above their relationships in terms of being able to communicate between people and they have maintained their position in terms of my collection for one and a half years.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I didn't have any money and my taxes were due so I needed a reverse mortgage. I went with another company for it and Live Well Financial was the one that handled it afterwards. I was making payments on my taxes and when the reverse mortgage went through, Live Well paid it off and so there was a payment in between. I called the rep who handled it first and he said he'd look into it. The check came the other day so I was happy. Everything worked out fine and everybody was real helpful. They let me know what I needed to know and all my questions were answered. They also sent me to the loan officer to tell me how they work. The first time things went real well and this time, it went real well too so I'm real happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My wife passed away and I had some huge financial difficulties. I had to do something and Live Well Financial was available at that time. I got their advertisement through the mail so I called and talked to them. Their representatives treated me well. They were informative and the guidance I received from them was fair. They kept me informed of what was going on and have taken quite a bit of financial burden off me. If I knew people who were interested in Live Well, I'd tell them that they should check out this company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The agency that we went through originally for a reverse mortgage dealt with Live Well and they recommended them to us. I like how Live Well handled us personally. They wanted to be helpful and very clear about everything. The loan officer guided us step by step. Also, I was able to call or email them for anything I didn’t understand. Everything was spelled out for me. They answered all my questions and didn’t seem like anything was left out of what I needed to know. I'd be happy to recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Due to my finances, I decided to go for a reverse mortgage. I went with Live Well Financial because of their price and the attitude of the loan officer. He was very cordial and thoughtful about all of the transactions. The entire process took a month and a half. My experience with Live Well was very satisfactory. I appreciated the way that it was carried out, which was methodical, and we were very happy with the whole situation. It was done nicely and all is well.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Live Well Financial gave me a better reverse mortgage deal, and I liked what they told me when they explained things. Their loan officer is a very nice guy and he's a man of his word. Every time I called, he always called me back. I talked to him just last week. He called me on his cell phone because they’ve had phone problems. I like what this company has done and everything has been excellent.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I decided to do a reverse mortgage for the money and went with Live Well Financial since they're the first one that came and gave it to me. Their loan officer was very courteous and I’ve had excellent guidance from them with my decision.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I was thinking about a reverse mortgage and I wanted some information. I was on Facebook and clicked on something and then Live Well Financial called me and so I talked with them. They were straightforward, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I liked their follow-up and how they handled things. I talked to a couple of other companies and I wasn't as impressed with their knowledge. The interaction with their rep always went well. At one point, I was getting in touch with him but he was in a meeting. And so, I left a message and he called me back. It was on a weekend and he had been sick at home. He was so helpful and nice. He also said that I should not hesitate to call him at his number and I was impressed with that. He would go to such lengths to talk with me. I felt good about them overall.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had some high-interest credit card debts and some other debts I wanted to get rid of. Live Well worked with me, we discussed the whole thing and I decided that reverse mortgage was the way to go. The process took less than 30 days. Their rep Zach was excellent and I was really impressed with him. He gave me his cellphone and office number and told me to call him anytime. Every time I called him, he answered the phone. He did a beautiful job, took care of all the details and notified people. My wife is 68 and I'm 69 and I had a $30,000 mortgage on my house, which they paid off and they got rid of my debt. Now, I'm just going to take what I was paying on the mortgage payment and pay it back to Live Well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I like my Live Well's loan officer, Clee. She was very sensitive to the things that I was concerned about. She answered all my questions and she stayed right on top of it and called me back anytime she had a question about what I wanted. I felt I had access to her at any time, considering the fact that she had a personal tragedy. Her father died in the middle of all of this. She let me know that she was going to be out of the office for a couple of days because of the death of her father. My only abrasion with the whole situation was the fact that they wanted to withhold money for taxes and insurance and I had already paid the insurance for a year. It's not done again until next October and it pissed me off that somebody was going to hold that back.

I didn't want any money upfront. All I wanted was the mortgage paid. I did not take any distribution of funds at the closing because I didn't need it. But I found that very annoying. I talked to Clee and it's not a policy. The guy said to me, because she said, "Oh, we could read just this next year," and he said, "Why? If it was our policy, would they be able to change it next year?" That annoyed me but since I didn't want any distribution of fund it didn't really matter. The other thing, on the internet, when I looked up reverse mortgage companies, you're listed in the top 10. But one of the things, they'd say Live Well Financial tends to undervalue the properties and that's exactly what they did with mine.

That's not their fault because they hire somebody to come and appraise it, but that was one of the things. Because I know my house is worth more than $160,000. One of the things I haven't enclosed and the appraiser marked it as an enclosed porch, but it's actually a room because it's air-conditioned. I have tile throughout the house and used carpet in all living room. These are nitpicky things and it wasn't Live Well Financial's error; it was the appraiser. But, overall, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

When my husband wanted to get a reverse mortgage, our lawyer, who knew about reverse mortgages, got us connected with somebody named Linda who worked for Live Well. She came to the house and set up the papers. Their customer service was fabulous. Chris, their customer service rep, calls us back if we call him. He was detailed and what was put in writing was what happened. But I’m not a fan of the whole process and for me, it's the stupidest idea we've ever done. I have a $200,000 debt that I wouldn’t have if I didn’t have the reverse mortgage and I would've paid off my home equity loan. But customer service had been very good and our most recent experience had been very fine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My home was paid for and I was wondering why I should not have an equity out of it instead of leaving it when I die and let somebody fight over it. I wanted to have control of my life and the destiny of my property and the reverse mortgage that I got from Live Well Financial was perfect for me. It removed a sour taste in my mouth that if I die, somebody else would reap the benefits of my hard-earned money that I paid into my home. With this reverse mortgage, it's like I sold my home for 60% of its appraised value, got that money, and don’t have to pay it back.

The whole experience with Live Well Financial was excellent and on point. I could not have asked for better service. They guided me step by step through this, and told me what I needed to do and what they were going to do. Then it all came together. They set up dates, sent the people at the time they said they were going to, and everything went very smooth. Their reps, Jason and Demett, were on top of the process the whole time. They were helpful, guided me through all that and did a grand performance.

My brother lives with me and we decided to do the loan together. Both of us would have a home until we die and in our wills, we are going to designate someone to take care of that because we’re not going to dump the house on the mortgage company. We’re going to see if someone in our life wants to try to sell the house and whatever they get out of it, beyond paying off the mortgage, they can keep it.

With the equity that we have, we can do some things that we want to do that’s been on the bucket list for a while. We’re going to take about $45,000 of that money to put a roof over the patio and do some renovations to the house to suit our needs. My brother Bobby smokes and we decided to take some of that money to renovate a room for him that has vent fans and things to take care of his smoke out of that room. It’ll increase the value of that home by at least $50,000 and if the mortgage company has to resell it someday, it will certainly be a plus.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had a reverse mortgage which I refinanced with Live Well so I'm getting the money out of it. The loan officer and I kept in touch and everything went well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I'm a retired banker and I have a lot of insight into loans. To me, attitude means a lot. It’s super important. Since I would inquire thousands of people when I was working, attitude to me meant more than knowledge. I have a VA loan with Live Well and I related well with who I was working with. They have a willingness to help and they appeared to do so without rating themselves above me.

The only thing that didn’t work out fine was that they chose to use a title company that was 250 miles from here. It would have been nice if they used a title company where I could have been there on the closing as opposed to having a notary sent to my house. The notary who came to the house had some problems with her computer and she was late. She had all these problems, which I didn’t need to know about. We had an appointment at 2:00, and she didn’t get here until 6:00 at night. I understand her problem, but I didn’t need to bear with the attitude. If she was my employee, we would've fixed that or she would have been gone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We were calling several companies since we were toying with the idea of a reverse mortgage. One of them said he could get us started in two weeks. His name was Jonathan and he was right on the spot. Additionally, he was really helpful. He was upfront and had a positive attitude. It was great.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We were interested in a reverse mortgage and when we requested from a financial advisor a number of people that do that, Live Well was recommended. Mike, our loan officer was wonderful. He was very helpful and steered us in the right direction. In terms of the guidance we received, they were right on key. They sent us a material to read and we did that. A number of houses were recommended to us and we chose one called Greenpath. They gave us counseling and we succeeded with it, then we got back in touch with Mike. The next thing we knew we had our reverse mortgage and the timeframe was great. We contacted them in August and got our reverse mortgage at the end of October. We started earlier but I took a break and after that, it went like clockwork. It was a very pleasant and a no pain experience. I found them outstanding and we would recommend Mike to anybody. I'd also tell a friend to check out Live Well.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The guys who helped me with Living Well was very nice and very cooperative. He called me this morning to make sure that everything was okay and that I got my money. The reverse mortgage was okay as I like having a little extra. I'm old and I'm not going to be around here very long probably.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I thought about reverse mortgages several years ago and had a poor experience with trying to apply for a reverse mortgage through one of the large providers. I read a published article directed towards seniors and reverse mortgages. The person who wrote the article mentioned several of what he thought were the best, less well-known reverse mortgage providers. Live Well was one of the listed companies and I wanted to see what a small provider could do. I went through the application part, and my situation changed such that I was not prepared to make the switch to the reverse mortgage. However, I had an extremely well-versed, very courteous and agreeable account manager from Live Well. Her name was Sheryl, and there was no rattling the chains, and the process ceased and time went on.

About a year ago, I was back in the business of reinvestigating having a reverse mortgage with the intent of using it as a credit line. The account manager I worked with was Dave. I called him up and reminded him that I previously explored a reverse mortgage and decided not to pursue it until a future date. The future date was here now, and we went through the whole process of making the application. When it came to the value of my existing property, there was a very large difference between what the Live Well assessor and my private assessor had. After struggling a little bit with Mike, he was in between a rock and a hard place. I found that once the assessed value is in the system, it doesn’t change for a year regardless if I get another reverse mortgage, which deleted the whole basis of what I was trying to do.

Things got delayed and I challenged their assessor. They agreed that their assessor might have not been as aware of the property values in this area and put the reverse mortgage process on hold until the time had passed to have the original assessed value drop off the radar, so we could have a new assessment again by a Live Well assessor, but at least one that had some idea what the property values were. We proceeded through the process, and so I’m the proud owner of a credit line. I’m the one that had to do the fighting, but I was well-pleased with Mike. He understood what my game plan was and he went to bat to get the second appraisal done. He got the referral and worked it through for us and I have very good feelings for him.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The gentleman from Live Well Financial that I talked to was very pleasant and it was very comfortable dealing with him. It's hard to understand what it's all about if you're not up on this stuff, but he explained it well enough that I could understand. We felt that a reverse mortgage was the right thing to do at our age and this gave us a sense of security. We're very happy with Live Well.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I wanted to get rid of the mortgage and Live Well Financial was the one I called about a reverse mortgage. I got hold of that man who was very nice. They told us what was going on every step of the way and they were patient with us when we needed to delay something. It was very positive and I was very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I've been trying to get a reverse mortgage and started at some of the big companies but they didn't think mine was worth fooling with. Then Live Well Financial called me and I liked the idea that I might be able to get it. The people were all nice and seemed to be helpful as much as they could. The reverse mortgage got me out of a big hole.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I wanted the money so I opted for a reverse mortgage. Live Well seemed to offer the best package so I went with them. The reps were very responsive and easy to get a hold of. Plus, the guidance was very good and Live Well did a top-notch job.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I was calling different companies about reverse mortgage because I wanted to get rid of mortgage payment and thought a reverse mortgage might be a good deal. Live Well seemed to do the best of the three different companies I talked to. The financial officer was great and seemed to expedite things. The numbers she gave me were good. The other lady, Bertha, was also good, very polite and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the interaction with them. It was a good experience and they gave me the information that I needed. The only thing is that we ended up paying twice for the August payment. I called a lot of people and they said we would only get back some of the interest. So I paid 800 some dollars essentially for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Reverse mortgage seemed like a good way to go, so I got it last month. I called somebody else and they referred me to Live Well Financial. However, the people in their California office didn't want to talk to me. The rep in Virginia was straightforward and was a good guy but I still haven’t gotten any answers yet from anybody on a couple of questions.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My wife passed away last year and I had some high credit card bills that I had to get paid off. So, I decided to get a reverse mortgage from Live Well Financial, and the gentleman I spoke with explained everything to me. Everyone from Live Well was very courteous and helpful with all the questions I had for them. I’m very well pleased with them and would recommend them to anybody else that I know who would be looking for a reverse mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We've been in this house for a couple of years and we figured at long-term that getting a reverse mortgage was a wise thing to do. We checked other companies and I preferred Live Well Financial especially with regard to their customer service. They were very good, they responded quickly and conversely. The questions that my husband and I asked were answered right spot on and that the rep would get back to us with other questions. I never got an "I'll get back to you" on a recorded message, never "I'll get back to you as soon as possible" and then, not get back which was the situation with the other folks. The loan processor let me know what was happening as the process was moving along and what they needed. I would send her whatever it was and she would get back to me saying she received the information and she would get back to me again if the underwriter needed more.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My boyfriend needed to retire but with the retirement that he was getting, he wasn't going to be able to make his house payments. Working with Live Well Financial was very stressful at times. We had no problems with Trevor but the other gal was not very professional at times. She was extremely unhelpful and gave us different information than the other person had. It was also very confusing because we ended up dealing with several people. They also insisted on having the copy of his wife's actual death certificate and we were told it'd be returned as soon as they got done with it but we had to fight and call to get it back. My boyfriend was very upset about that whole process.

Live Well Financial Company Information