4.66/5
Based on 230 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Live Well Financial Gallery (5)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 29, 2018

271 Live Well Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My mother was having financial trouble at the time and received a letter in the mail stating that she could get a loan through Live Well Financial to help her out with her bills and help her live better. I looked them up and did a little research on the internet on what they were about and what company they were. We’ve never heard of a reverse mortgage and they were nice and explained the loan process to me properly. It was a mixed feeling that I have for them but they have reassured me on a lot of things because I’ve asked them so many times over and over.

But the process of obtaining it was lengthy and very frustrating. We live in a mobile home and unfortunately it’s permanently fixed to the land that we own. They required a lot of paperwork, which was very understandable but I did more work than them. Also I would also recommend to Live Well Financial that with the people who own mobile homes they need to be upfront and honest. That could be a difficult situation for because it could be a lengthy process. No one at that point told us that this could have been up to six months.

Also they should improve a little bit more on their communication. There were times when I was frustrated with the company because they weren’t returning my phone calls as they properly should. Amy, the loan officer that I spoke with, has been a little comfy with me at times, which was very unprofessional of her. I had to contact their supervisor a couple of times just to get a hold of her.

When I left her messages she never returned my phone calls. The process was on and off and it took six months. Other than that the rate and the terms of the reverse mortgage are very appropriate. Living-wise, it’s very beneficial, especially for my mom. It affected her life well and she lives in her home now without worry about losing it. She’s got health conditions going on and she can use the equity that was from her home to live off. It was very good for her and I’m very happy so I would recommend it to people but I will tell them that they have to have a lot of patience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Live Well Financial has given me a sense of relief. We're going to be doing some upgrades to our house and if we don't do the upgrades, it's going to fall over. It was my mom and dad's house and my dad had not been able to do anything for a long time so we want to get it updated. Live Well was the first one to respond. I was given a phone number and talked to someone who could explain the mortgage fully. If I had questions, I was helped out. The loan officer was good although the rates and terms of the reverse mortgage I received were high. But other than that, I’m happy.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We did a reverse mortgage with Live Well a year and a half ago to refinance. I had to go through counseling and had an individual here to inspect the house. We went through papers and document signing, and that process took a month overall. The loan officer made sure that everything was up to snuff. He called and check to see how we were doing and how the progress was going. He did a good job and they were fair with the rate in terms of the new mortgage fees.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We had HECM counseling, then we had a homeowner appraiser. We had to submit as much information as we could about the house itself and had a person that Live Well Financial sent here to go over the documents. We signed them and it was a pleasant experience. They were efficient. The whole application process took a month and it was effortless except for the paperwork. If only the number of pages can be reduced. But even with the reverse mortgage or buying a new mortgage, you still got to go through the same process of paperwork. Nonetheless, everything went through and we had no problems whatsoever. The rate was reasonable and comparable to the other companies that we had talked to but I'd only find out how it is going to affect things after about a year.

Overall, Live Well Financial was expedient in doing the things that they needed to do in getting the mortgage documents together, and we were able to provide them with whatever information that they needed to get things done. The money from the reverse mortgage is being used to make some improvements around the house and pay a couple of bills off. And with no mortgage, there’s extra money coming in. I would recommend Live Well Financial.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I chose a reverse mortgage so I can live better. I started off with Live Well Financial and I like their service. I had to fill out some paperwork and it wasn’t that hard. They walked me through everything. The application and the underwriting process took about two months and it went smoothly. My loan officer did an excellent job. He told me about everything and everything he told me came up fantastic. I’m happy with the service and the people that Live Well gave me. Someone came and explained to me the do's and the don’ts.

Before they finished it up with the plan, they sent somebody out or called me on the phone and they told me about everything. Working with Live Well made life a lot easier and it freed my hands on a lot of stuff that I couldn’t have dealt without them. It improved my life. They did an excellent job and I like being with them. I’d tell others that Live Well gives you good service and they explain everything to you and they’re very honest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I've had a good experience with Live Well Financial so far and I had a good conversation with their guy in San Diego. Getting the mortgage wasn’t bad at all and it went smoothly. It took about a month and a half, but we had a flood here during that time and we didn’t do anything for a month. Also, I thought that the appraisal of my property was a little too low. All in all, I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My wife and I are both too old to move anywhere else and I wanted to get some things taken care of, and if should something happen to me, which I’m sure will, I don’t want my wife to worry about putting a new roof or siding. Obtaining the mortgage from Live Well Financial was very, very smooth. And the people were very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. Also, one gets away from the red tape and that was fine. Everything flowed right on through. I believe we started in early September and we closed in November. We got right in about the time when the government decided to do it, a thing to help us all.

Lloyd was one of the folks I dealt with at Live Well then Gloria took over our account. They’re both understanding, very accommodating and very personable people. If we had any questions, they would, before the day was out, will get back to us, and that is remarkable in these days and age. They knew their product and if they told you something that they are going to do, they'll do it. I really appreciate that. There was no point ever that we felt any kind of pressure at all from any of the folks that we dealt with. A couple of times I call the wrong numbers and got the wrong department and even those people were sympathetic and understanding for an old bald guy. I would have no problems about recommending Live Well. They're fortunate in the quality of the staff that they had working for them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I wanted to become debt-free and have some money for myself. I went to a couple of seminars so, I knew what I was looking at and doing. I discussed mortgage things with other companies and the people providing me the information hesitated, weren’t as clear as they should have been or didn’t answer the question that I asked. With Live Well Financial, they were more professional, fair and reasonable. They weren’t out milking me dry. I had also gotten a very good recommendation from another source and when I checked Live Well's rating, it was very good.

The rep I spoke with, Brett, was excellent and very patient. He stayed with me right through the process, called me and asked if there was anything he could do or if I had any question he could answer. I also spoke to Nicole. When I had gotten my paperwork and they did the credit report, they questioned some things on the report and on the property that I owned. A condo from my ex-husband, which I had nothing to do with, showed up on my credit report as well as an address of my church. I told her that if I owned that property, I wouldn’t have to go through a reverse mortgage. It will take a couple of months, but she'll take care of it.

On the other hand, now that I have a reverse mortgage, I'm wondering why I am getting inundated with having mortgage insurance. I took my equity to get me cash and now, Live Well wants to sell me a mortgage insurance to pay off the house for my heirs. Also, when they had gotten some of the stuff for the mortgage insurance, it said that the value of my house was $411,000 which was not the value that the reverse mortgage was based on. Mine was under $300,000, and I wondered why they would give that figure.

Years prior to working with Live Well were tough years for me and it spun me into a financial pit-hole. Now, I feel that from what I was able to do, I was able to clear up a lot of the debt that I had incurred. Things were handled very professionally and I could tell there is a pride in working for their company because they were very open in their discussions. I've recommended them, and I also asked Brett to send me a business card.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My mortgage application took a couple of months to complete. It went through too many hands and too many departments. But I liked that Live Well was very responsive. Every time I had a question, they had an answer for me. Being knowledgeable is very important to me, and my loan officer Brett knew his answers. He was excellent. The rates in terms of the reverse mortgage were a little convoluted, but working with Live Well Financial has made my life easier. I just need to understand the amortization a little bit better.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Live Well Financial had my reverse mortgage in its portfolio and then they got a hold of me and said I could refinance and get some more money. The process took a couple of months, and they needed me to give them a lot of the information again. Plus the loan officer and his assistant seemed new to the game and so they weren’t very experienced. But because I’m experienced, I helped them through it and I felt comfortable working with them. They seemed to be easy to work with as far as getting access to my property taxes and my insurance. I got the margin down to what the margin was before, and that was good. The only thing I’m disappointed with was the actual appraisal. By the time I got the appraisal, the house value went considerably down. But that part couldn’t be helped. It was a good experience overall.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I did not want to make house payments anymore so I got a reverse mortgage. My daughter's friend was a facilitator, so I went through her. The application process with Live Well Financial was long and drawn out, but I understood that. Overall, I liked my experience with this company. Everything was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The fellow that I talked to before we signed and Miguel went out of their way to try to see that everything was taken care of and if there were anything that we needed to do. They would give us a heads-up and let us know. We were up against the deadline where we had to get it submitted in time to go underneath the old rules which were much more generous than the new ones, as far as how much equity you can draw out of your home. But I question the 5% increase in the home value each year that’s not realistic. Our homes have generally been there for 30 years and it just doubled in prices. If you divide that by 30, you’re not going to come up with 5%. It's a little concerning that it made it a little rosier than possible. Other than that, everything went very well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My mortgage didn't seem to drop at all. The mortgage company also kept asking for escrow, but it's ever enough. I tried Quicken Loans and some others, and all they did was they kept giving me excuses, and I gave up on them. My loan officer at Live Well was awesome. I met him online and I recommend him highly. He did everything for me and together we made it happen. Now, I'll be able to retire and I don't have to worry about mortgage anymore. I don't have to work so hard. I've told my neighbors about Live Well, and even made copies of the paper that I received and I distributed to them so they could see what a relief it is.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I wanted to do some work around the house here, as well as trying to upgrade my house the way I like it, I went and asked a few people and somebody suggested that I do a reverse mortgage. I looked into a reverse mortgage and I had read some of the reviews, and everything tended to lean more towards Live Well, so I gave them a call.

I've had a great experience with them. They've filled in some gaps for me. They went a little bit extra trying to help me get things going. They understood the circumstances that I was going through and when they handed me off for the next person, we did it together. It wasn't one of those, "She'll call you later,” or “Danielle will get a hold of you later on." He handed me right off to Danielle right there.

There was some time delay because I had to go to Texas to take care of my dad and my brother because they had hurricane damage. But Live Well worked fantastically with me. With me not having cellphone service, I had to go all the way back up to San Antonio to get cell service to talk to everybody again and we got everything finalized. So, it worked out great. I gave a part of the money to my dad and we ended buying a small trailer for them to live in. Now they have someplace warm and dry. Also, I have recommended them to two of my friends who would like to do some work around their houses. I said, "Talk to these guys when you're ready to go and they will help you. Not only do they bend over backward, but they are very dependable and they will work with you."

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

When my husband passed away, he left nothing except for the social security and at the time, my wages became $1,400 less a month. I didn't know if it was enough for four years and I was trapped in his social security. I contacted a guy in Utah who did our finances when we were younger. I asked him how he felt about reverse mortgages and he said that was the only way I’m living. I asked where I should go and he didn't know. I contacted banks but they had nothing to offer me. Then I called two companies and Live Well acted like they were concerned about my problem. They got me the information that I was after, followed me right through, helped me with all my questions and got the papers out to me. They took better care of me than the other company, which responded with a letter and acted like they were unconcerned. Also, Live Well was more like, "Hey, you're not committing a sin to do it."

The application took two months and it was quick and friendly. I still feel comfortable working with the loan officer to this day. He told me to call him if I had any problems. I have asked my kids what they think about the house and they don't want it so I thought I would enjoy it. But I don't think that because Live Well really took out half of the loan. The loan officer also suggested that if I need more, there’s more available. I put some in an account that I could get to but the majority I put in a locked account that nobody could get to unless they had security reason for me. I did this as a security blanket, not so I can go out on a big spending spree and remodel the house.

I still worry every so often but then I think, "Oh, forget it." You only live once and the kids can straighten things up when you’re gone. My sister left her kids in debt and they lost the house. So I figured that there is no big trick to it. Now, I can go out for lunch with my friends and not worry about where the next penny is coming from. So many times, once a company gets you on the payroll, they just forget you but Live Well does care about their customers. I was very pleased and shocked when I got this Christmas basket.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

A reverse mortgage seemed convenient for what we had in mind to do and when we looked at four lending providers, Live Well Financial seemed the most personable and would do the job for us. Our loan officer was a nice guy and we’re very comfortable working with him. We went through a lot of paperwork during the process of obtaining the mortgage and by all the restrictions and regulations, it was as simple as it could be. We had to have the appraisal on the house and a lot of write-offs was invovled. We had to go through the application and underwriting process twice because there were some mistakes the first time and it took a total of three weeks to complete them. At the time, their rates and terms seemed fair but we’d always like a better rate. Also, they could improve by trying and getting rid of at least some of the regulations. Other than that, they were real professional people to do business with.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My house needed a lot of work. I had a reverse mortgage and I had to get something done to get it refinanced really fast. I called Live Well Financial and they sent me out some information. Their rate and terms were fair and the application process was easy. The process, all in all, took a couple of months, and the gal, who helped me from the beginning and most of the way, was wonderful. I got in and got the loan refinanced done right under the wire with her help. Live Well Financial seemed to be right on the ball.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I owe $40,000 and I'll be paying on this house until I leave here. I called Live Well Financial, they sent me the material for a reverse mortgage, and I was impressed by my first conversation. The rep went through the whole trouble with me and I told him, "Okay." Then, he told me I already had the loan and all I had to do was go through the procedure. But he left and Denise took over. It took us a while to get back on track because the first guy already went over everything with me. It took a long time but it got okay. Also, the counselor walked me through the application process and after we went over our paperwork, I was okay.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We felt we could use the extra money and it seemed kind of pleasant to not have a house payment any longer. We looked at a lot of lenders and I like the amount of money that we didn’t have to pay Live Well upfront for the loan to close. It started with a phone call to Live Well and then they walked us completely through the experience. The toughest part of the experience is getting appointment to get the training that we needed to get the loan. But everybody at Live Well was extremely pleasant and professional with us, so we enjoyed dealing with them. I had some packages from other people like AAG and Quicken Loans. But Live Well was the one that got back to me and talked to me the most.

We needed to provide some paperwork to them so they can check our credit and make sure we were the proper age. A notary came out here and explained all the paperwork to us as we signed it. There was an inch and a half thick of paper. But it was very worthwhile, very rewarding, very easy, and very straightforward. The paperwork got sent back by the notary to Live Well and they called us and told us that we were approved and that it would take a day or so to get the final paperwork back to us. The notary came back out and we signed the final paperwork. The first set of paperwork is just so they could check our life out if you will and make sure that we had proper credit ratings. Then we had to have our home inspected and that took a little while because at the time we were trying to get this done before the rules changed in October.

All the appraisers in our area were busy so it took awhile to get them out here but it went well. They appraised our home and we came in at a place that was good for us and Live Well liked it as well. The actual process was about a little more than a month and that was because of the appraisal. It took a long time to get the appraisal because there's such a demand at the time.

After we did it the first mortgage they called us again and said, "Hey, we've noticed your house values have increased and we think we could go through this process again and get you some more money out of your house." So we got a mortgage for the second time and both times it was the same process and we were pleased with the timing. We were pleased every step of the way and the Live Well loan manager that we were dealing with, both times were very professional, very pleasant and very much kept us informed of what was going on.

But we did not enjoy the underwriters. The underwriters seemed as though they didn’t quite understand the insurance process or apparently we didn’t. Our house got appraised for a higher value the second time and they told us that we were underinsured. We contacted our insurance company and they said, "We won't insure you for more. We're already insuring you for what you need to be insured for and we won't do that," which surprised me because I thought they’ll insure it for whatever you want to pay for.

Their underwriters made us get a different insurance company and we weren't happy about it. Plus the insurance was a considerable amount more. We had our insurance people get on the phone with the loan officer and they communicated. Our insurance company said their underwriters don’t know what they're talking about. We were being insured through USAA, which if we couldn’t have got this worked out, we wouldn’t have got the loan because we're staying with USAA. Other than that, we're happy with the terms and rates. Our interest in getting the reverse mortgage was to get as much money out of our house as we could and we did that. It's been a positive experience and Live Well is a great company. We recommended them to some of our friends.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

4 years ago got a reverse mortgage with Live Well for $170,000. I now owe them $280,000. What kind of interest rate is that. Sure I can live in my home until I die, as long as I pay property taxes & homeowner insurance. But then they have charged so much interest, that they will take the home as soon as I die. That leaves nothing for my child to inherit. This has been a very bad experience. Thanks a lot to Tom Selleck.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

In the beginning, my experience with Live Well Financial was rocky but in the end, it ended up all right. The kids moved into the house and they live there for free. They don't like to rent and don't like to lease so I told my wife, "The best thing is to do a reverse mortgage." I tried two other lending providers but Steve was the most sociable and best person to talk to. He was good to work with. The process of obtaining my mortgage was a little complicated for me because I was moving back and forth from Hawaii to Las Vegas so I had to reestablish my residency. I did that and it all went fine after that. It was pretty easy. Once we got it going, it took about three months and everything was good. I wish it was done sooner but you can't rush the cook otherwise, the food is going to burn. Everything was done over the phone or through the mail process and it went smoothly for the most part.

Now that I am paying my reverse mortgage, everybody is offering me loans to finance my home including Live Well and I choked on the numbers they're showing me. The rates are all right because I don't have to worry about that. I tell my kids that that's something they got to look to because if I pass away and my wife passes away, and if they don't have the money to pay for it, they have to start shopping for a new residence. The only thing I would say about Live Well Financial would be to make sure you get all your ducks in a row because otherwise, you're going to keep going back and forth. But talking to Steve, he already pre-programmed me with what I needed and what I had to get so once I got it all together, it went real smooth. It wasn’t perfect and it wasn’t all that bad.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My wife died in May and I have no heirs or relatives. If I just died, my house would go to charity. I got a reverse mortgage, put that money in a checking account and I figured I'd spend it having fun. I started out with AAG which is the biggest because they have the highest rating and they've done the most mortgages. But they also come with a lot of baggage that was not well explained to me. They were not very customer-friendly because they're the biggest and everybody goes to them. They made me jump through a lot more hoops and put me on the back burner because I have a small house compared to people that have multimillion dollar places.

I went to Live Well Financial to ask if they could do a better job and the person I spoke with said that they would complete it within two weeks and not put me on the back burner because they're much smaller. They did exactly what they said they would do. There wasn't a bunch of red tape and it was very fast. They were very efficient and a very good company. There was very little paperwork too. I had already done a lot for AAG. There were a lot of stuff I have to produce which was a problem for me because I hadn't planned on my wife dying. I didn't have things like my birth certificate, marriage certificate and all these official stuff that were needed to do a reverse mortgage. I had to gather all that information for AAG including the social security card I didn't have. And it took me a while to do that. But when I switched to Live Well, I had everything and it was simple. I didn't have to do anything additionally.

I've never been with a more efficient, more personable, accommodating staff. They deposited more than half of the money in my checking account immediately then I'll get the rest of it next year which was fine. Those terms were perfect. I didn't care about the interest rates because it wouldn't have made any difference to me. I was already wealthy and I took whatever I got.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I figured having a reverse mortgage was a good option for where I am with the equity in my home. The process of getting one with Live Well Financial includes an analysis of the house and what it would be worth on the market. There were also some counseling involved for the mortgage, the normal paperwork and running it through escrow. The loan officers that I had were thorough and sharp. They answered most all of my questions and provided me with the right information for me to make a decision.

The whole process took about three weeks and they had to have the appraisal and a few items here. The notary came and we signed all the papers. It was well-organized in letting me know what I needed to do to provide them with the information so they can make the decision. The terms were fairly competitive. I double check one other reverse mortgage and the numbers were almost identical. I was happy with the process. For a government-oriented thing, dealing with them from such a long distance away was smooth and things went pretty well.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We heard about Live Well Financial from a person calling us, asking us if we wanted to talk about refinancing with a reverse mortgage. Their rep had someone to talk with us by phone and we signed up. Then, he had his secretary come and that's how we first got started on it. But last year, we were still with Live Well and their president called. I told him that I was already talking with somebody and he said that that person was not on their list. My husband and I were a little bit afraid because at our age, we don't want to get into something that is not good for us. We didn't know which way to go and when their president explained it to us, he checked it out and he said that the person whom we have dealt with was with them.

I had gone through it before so the application process didn’t take that long. I just kept up with my appointments and with the person that was going to come out and take pictures of the house. After that, it wasn’t that long before he called me. It took a week and they got the paperwork, and then they were looking for a lender. I just got yesterday's mail and they told us to put that in a safe place.

Another rep was trying to get me into another reverse. I had filled out all of the paperwork but I hadn't mailed them yet. When the rep kept rushing us, that made me feel very uncomfortable because I had to find things all by myself, my daughter had had a stroke and my husband wasn't feeling the best. I decided that I didn't want to be with anybody but Live Well. We've been very pleased with Live Well and we've done everything they've asked us to do. They have the nicest staff and the nicest secretary whom I spoke with every time. Also, they have been very kind and explained everything to us. I've been sick and we were very pleased with how they handled everything. We also got a beautiful gift basket just before the holidays. I highly recommend them to everybody.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The loan officer, Tom, was a very nice person. The mortgage process was completed in a month. However, they didn’t explain to me that the money for the repairs would be taken out of the money that they were going to give me. I thought it was separate but the repairs were done in the house. I shouldn’t have done the mortgage but I did, and I'm not going to refer anybody to Live Well Financial anymore because they're a rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

A friend of mine went through Live Well and she told me how they worked with her and how great they were so I went with them as well. I applied for their reverse mortgage and the process wasn't hard. They walked me through it step-by-step. They also explained to me what I needed to do and expect afterwards. I had some issues so it took me a while and they worked me with fantastically. They didn't use a lot of terms that I didn't know or understand. Also, anytime I call them for anything, they returned my calls either that day or the next day. I’ve never had friendlier, more helpful service from anybody that I’ve done any kind of business with. The took care of me 100%. The reverse mortgage helped me to where I am now and I didn't have to worry so much. My experience has been great and I would recommend Live Well to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I'm a first time home buyer and the process started off decent. I talked to a guy from Live Well and he seemed really nice. Then, it went sour for a little while because of the lack of communication and then things were different once we discussed them. I went to three other institutions before I finally decided on it. This is my first time buying a house with no warranty so, I had questions. I like to communicate and I like to talk because I'm not spending a couple hundred dollars here. I'm spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, and I wanted to know how this thing goes.

It started fine and then we got down to the warranty. I missed my closing date because things that I needed to get in weren't on time because I didn't know about them. We started that process three months before house closing. I wanted Live Well to let me know what I needed and I'd get it for them. I missed my closing date for two weeks because the people that I bought the house from had already wound everything up and I ended up losing a bunch of money on that. I looked foolish to my real estate agent and I didn't know what I was doing. It looked like Live Well's only obligation to me was to make sure everything that I needed to get done were done all the time. They called me the day before I'm supposed to close, telling me I had all this stuff I needed to be attended. My social security card, for example, a copy of my driver's license, just minute sounding stuff that really didn't need to happen that way.

Also, the rep told me that Live Well will service my loan throughout its lifetime. They wouldn't sell it or send it off to anybody else and I liked that. Now, it turned out less than okay. I got a letter saying that they had sold my loan to some firm up in Pennsylvania. The rep also called me up and he gave me a figure that I was pretty excited about, then I got to ask for a document and it was $300 off from my monthly payment. It's just one thing after another. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't use them again. I wished that the people that I dealt with were more alert and more communicable in the things that they needed. I'm happy with my home and I'm happy with everything that I got, but I wish the process was a little bit better. The communication wasn't there at all. The first two weeks, until I signed the paperwork, it was great. Once you baited the hook, and now that I was in there and I was committed, there was nothing I could do to back out.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We wanted to get rid of our mortgage payment every month and there was also quite a bit of equity in it that we could use down the road sometime. When I spoke to Live Well Financial, they seemed to know what they were doing right away, so we availed of a reverse mortgage with them. We filled out the application which was about 3,000 pages. It was crazy but after that, it was basically supplying them with proof of residence and getting the appraisal done. We were up in Massachusetts visiting my wife’s father who was not doing too well and they actually sent a carrier up there to do the signing. They were great.

The whole process took about two months but there were a lot of problems. One of them was the garage and a back room that we use as an office. The appraiser put it as an indoor apartment which, in Port Orange, Florida, is not allowed. So, we had to get the city to write a letter showing that it’s not an indoor apartment. That took a few weeks.

Their representatives, Dawn and Chelsea, were fantastic, though. Any questions I had were answered right away. They were back on the phone or online sending me an email and laying out exactly what we needed to give them. If there were some things that they weren’t even sure if they were needed, they would send me an email saying, “Can you get me this just in case?” They were well-prepared for everything that would come up. Also, they gave us both ends of the good and the bad of a reverse mortgage. They let us know what we were in for. I felt very comfortable working with them. Also, the closing cost was minimal and it was pretty fair. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I'm on a fixed income and got hurt on a job. I was trying to get refinanced and looking for something that I could afford, and Live Well Financial had a better offer. I dealt with Nikita when I applied and she took her time. She helped me and talked me through everything that I needed to do through the phone. She was very nice so we felt comfortable working with her and the way she worked was very impressive. It took about a week to finish the application. I got a fixed rate and I wanted the rate a little bit lower, but everything came out really well.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I thought that a reverse mortgage would be less of a burden on me, and I compared other lending companies and Live Well Financial looked better. I worked with Brett in regional and he was responsive through everything. Their application process was easy. The only problem was it became very lengthy, detailed and difficult to qualify compared to before. The government should take care of how the lending process could be improved. Live Well just followed whatever the requirement was and what document was needed, and it happened to be the most difficult of all times that I went through because over a period of time, it got more and more difficult to qualify and I had to do more paperwork. Live Well was providing non-stop and non-ending documents, and it was very time-consuming.

I received a 4% rate at the beginning while they moved to 4.5, 4.75 later on. Overall Live Well Financial is a good company, but one would have to go through all the hoops. They have to make sure that the initial document is close to the final document. Some of them were not close to each other in terms of the requirement and the financial part of it.

Live Well Financial Company Information

livewell.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use