toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Curtis -

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll be sure to let Karen know about the kind words. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had a wonderful reverse mortgage experience dealing with Live Well Financial. My counselor, Karen **, was awesome in her approach to customer service. She never strayed from her professionalism although I'm sure I asked many "dumb, stupid" questions. I am truly refreshed to learn there is customer service and common courtesy left in corporate America.

Don was very helpful and always responded to our questions. All the contacts were friendly and helpful. The only person who appeared rude was the appraiser who came out. We have met many appraisers and had refinanced in the past. They were professional and honest, yet friendly.

Everything about working with Live Well was extremely professional. Desteney ** couldn't have been more helpful. I've employed hundreds of people over the years in my insurance business and never had a representative that was the equal of Desteney!

We refinanced our home with Live Well recently and we are very happy with the outcome. The two young men that we dealt with was very polite and knowledgeable. We lowered our payment by almost $250.00 and our interest rate by around 3 points. The loan was done in a timely manner and I would recommend this company to a friend.

My experience with Live Well Financial was okay. So far, so good. I really liked the fellow I talked to over the phone. He was a very nice guy and he helped me a lot. But now that I've signed on, I have trouble getting a hold of him.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

I was trying to get some business head on me to see what I could do with this. I got to talk with Live Well Financial and they told me what would be going on and what they would help me do. The first couple of people I talked to had started the process and the program, but everything slowed down so I had to keep trying to get in touch with them to find out what they had found out, what they were gonna do, and how they were gonna help me. I heard nothing from them for a while so I though it maybe just not for me. Later on, another representative got a hold to it and then they started telling me some of the same stuff. They told me about the paperwork and what they would need to send to them to get the process started. It took a while but I told them I would send whatever I had to them. Then we corresponded on some of the paperwork they need and it went from there. It took a long drawn-out process but I got what I wanted out of it.

I'm glad I found Live Well Financial because I know nothing about a reverse mortgage. But he explained that to me and that they would do whatever they could to help me. I wanted my mortgage to be paid off, so I could start making half-payments. But it was a good learning experience for me, though there was still some stuff that I'm still trying to figure out and work on that process to get me through some of the paperwork. My experience was really fulfilling. I would go to them anytime I have questions and they would give me the right answers or refer me to somebody that I could talk to about it. I put trust in them and they came through me.

We were a little in the hole, and we needed some projects to do on our house. We then looked into reverse mortgages because a friend of my wife had just done it. We went to a couple of other places and got quotes, but Live Well Financial answered me first and they came out the best. The rep that was dealing with me was great. He helped out in every way. I'd call him and ask him for any questions, and he'd fax or email me the information that I needed. He was wonderful. However, their appraiser took a while to get here to appraise the house. And once he got here, it was almost four to five weeks before he got the appraisal to Live Well. But it came through about $5,000 higher than what I thought the house was worth, so it all worked out in the long run. I'd recommend anybody to Live Well.

I needed some help with financial matters and the gentleman I worked with at Live Well Financial was very helpful, very brilliant and answered all my questions. My loan officer was very businesslike and everyone was concerned about my welfare. Everything went fine and my experience helped me out immensely. It was a very relieving experience.

I did my reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial. I just did it again and got a little cash back because my property value went up. Louisiana changed their flood map and they cancelled all the policies where the prices went down like mine. They then issued us a refund and write a new, cheaper paid-up policy. They didn't process the paperwork in a timely fashion.

Live Well bought a $6,500 flood policy for me without calling me even though I was in total communication with them from day one. I got the letter on Saturday and I couldn't even talk to anyone, so it was really an upsetting situation. Since then, they've cancelled the policy. They realized that I didn't have a lapse in coverage and they credited my account, but then it's done. I thought that was the most ridiculous thing. I've communicated with them about everything, every step of the way both times and in that situation, and they chose to do something like that.

But other than that issue, I love Live Well. They really handled the closing process well. They cleared up my titles have really been great along the way. I would still recommend them to somebody doing a reverse mortgage because all in all, Live Well is very nice to work with. But I would urge people that if they do get a letter in the mail, don't jump to conclusions and don't have a heart attack. Wait until they can talk to Live Well and the company will probably be able to clear up the situation.

I owned two properties which are both paid off, and I just wanted to get some money out of them so I chose to have a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan. I had a very good experience with Live Well Financial. The loan officer who guided me through the whole thing was wonderful. I was very pleased and I could recommend them.

My interactions with the loan officer from Live Well Financial were all positive. Everything was explained thoroughly and we were helped greatly. We're totally happy other than it seems we had to fill about 1800 pieces of paper and sign. I know that’s part of the regulations but it seemed a little redundant. Other than that, it's been a very positive experience.

Live Well Financial had a beautiful ad with a woman, which really sold me, so I gave them a phone call. I got Shawn on the phone, and I explained everything to him and he took the ball from there. I liked Shawn. He is excellent, has a lot of patience, and explains everything. I have no problems with Live Well. Everything went perfectly. In fact, I got money back because my credit was so excellent and I didn’t owe anybody any money. I’m 85 and I use my credit card only when I have to and they were so surprised that everything went smoothly that they sent me back money because they said they took too much money.

Someone called me yesterday and asked me for one of the cards with the reverse mortgage with Live Well. Today, I gave out another card because the Vice-President of the bank, who I know very well, called and asked me for the card. I asked her why and she said somebody wants to go for the reverse mortgage, but they’re leery. She was telling them about me. I brought out the card today, and I gave out another card a month and a half ago to another friend. I’m very satisfied with Live Well.

I had an original reverse loan and it went down the line and Live Well ended up with it. I chose a reverse mortgage because I was flat broke and it was one way of getting money and I’m too old to work. Tom is my Live Well financial loan officer and my interaction with him was very good. It was very satisfying every time we talked and he gave me full explanations on things. I also went to see a woman in Boulder and I got a survey from her I had to fill out and send back. I talked with another woman in Live Well and I kept all these things documented. The whole experience was quick and I liked that.

I had a wonderful representative that helped us. She couldn’t have been no better. It was very good, pleasant and professional. Even the appraisal was very nice. I would recommend Live Well Financial.

We had tried a reverse mortgage once before but we weren’t quite ready then. It's much easier to qualify now as rules have changed since. It was time my husband did something to secure the home so we got a reverse mortgage again and our LiveWell Financial experience has been okay so far. The loan officer was very helpful from the beginning and helped us follow through on everything. We were very appreciative of that. They've given positive guidance and we could understand everything that they were explaining to us. So that was a big help.

My husband and I thought getting a reverse mortgage was a good idea. We don't have any heirs so we wanted money to make improvements on our house and do things we wanted to. It gives us a little flexibility. We had a little glitch with the appraisal. We talked to Live Well and their reps responded to us in a timely way and were very professional. Everything was very pleasant.

We wanted to get as much money out and let it go as we didn't have any progenies. Tyler from Live Well Financial was good and sent me a whole bunch of stuff right away without any question unlike somebody else who said that I had to register first before they can send me stuff. Tyler would call me anytime something was up and when nothing was going on, he left me alone. The guidance LiveWell gave was absolutely marvelous. Everything went quickly and well.

I got Live Well Financial to help me out with some finances I had. They seemed really helpful and their rep was excellent in everything that he helped me with. He also answered all my questions and the guidance I got was 100% great. Overall, they took care of everything and went smoothly. My experience was very good.

I got curious about reverse mortgages so I sent in a request information online but nobody responded and I waited. Evidently, Live Well Financial responded. I had AAG also contact me. At first they said, “We’ll beat them and you won’t have to wait a month to pay your closing cost upfront and you don’t have to have $100 balance.” They called me back in a few days saying, “Go with Live Well because we can’t touch it.” So I went with Live Well and I liked the increase in value they guarantee on my property. The rep I talked to was really sweet. I told her, “Well, according to these papers they sent me, when I’m 100 in about 30 years, I’m going to have a half a million dollars valuation. I’m going to take that out and go on a trip.” She was a real pleasure to deal with. I've also recommended Live Well to others.

On the other hand, we're starting to get annoyed because their underwriting department needed so much cotton-picking information. I got no debt and I have a substantial amount of money stashed away. They wanted to know every little detail like my real estate taxes. And they had to have the treasury office at the county contact these people. I almost said "forget about it."

I wanted a reverse mortgage because I own the house outright and had all that money tied up in there. Then when I called Live Well Financial the first time, I was very pleased with the gentleman I dealt with although he then left the company. Then another gal took over and I was also happy with her. Everything went very well.

I kept looking at two different mortgage companies and they sent me literature but then the information that I was looking for wasn't there. Then one day, I happen to read about Live Well so I called them and that’s when it started. They followed through all the way with everything that they had promised. So far, everything’s been good.

My husband and I decided that since there was nobody to leave the house to, we might as well use some of the money for some things that we wanted to do in life. We went with Live Well Financial due to their friendliness. I emailed the loan officer back and forth and she called and was very professional and polite. She answered all the questions we had. We appreciate their guidance 100%.

I had applied at one other company for a reverse mortgage and didn't have very good luck with them. Then one day, I had some spare time and I was just messing around on the computer and I thought, I'm gonna see if there's anybody else that does reverse mortgages. Live Well popped up and I thought to give them a try. I got a hold of a very nice young man who was very courteous and friendly. He told me step by step everything, gave me calls and told me how it was progressing.

The people that I talked to at Live Well Financial seemed more professional compared to other companies. They knew what they were talking about and were friendly. They had very good service. The lady I worked with was outstanding. She went out of her way to make everything easy. We had the counseling and it went well, so everything was fine. It was a good experience and what minor things that came up, they took care of immediately so I'm happy with it.

I was doing research for a couple of years on reverse mortgages then had to wait until my wife became age eligible. I was impressed with the Live Well Financial guy that I first talked to who wasn't pushy even though it seemed like Live Well Financial was not as large as some of the other companies that were offering reverse mortgages. The only thing I was disappointed with is that the guy that did the appraisal on the house gave a figure that I think was low. We had had an appraisal done a couple of years earlier which was higher. But otherwise, the people from Live Well Financial that I had to deal with via phone and the internet were really professional. I would recommend the company.

All went well with Live Well Financial. They let me know what was going on and if I had a question and called them, they gave me answers.

We had been planning to do a reverse mortgage for some time and just bought a new house. So that seemed to be the time to go ahead and make that move. I dealt with two loan officers from Live Well Financial and had good interactions with both of them. They were always knowledgeable and helpful. The only thing that disappointed me was I had a good relationship going with the first loan officer I was working and toward the end, he disappeared from the scene and nobody gave me an explanation why. They just told me he left so I'm dealing with somebody else now. That was disappointing but it didn't turn out to be a problem because the guy who replaced him did very well, also.

We tried a mortgage company to see if we could qualify and they would hardly even talk to us. But then I found Live Well Financial on the internet and we're very satisfied with our experience so far. Everything's been good and my wife said Howard was very good to work with.

Factual basis uncertain

I was in the process of a reverse mortgage for 4 months. I provided all the documents that they wanted. I told them from the very beginning that I was retiring - that my income would be about $2,400 a month. My house is worth twice as much as the loan that they were going to give me. My out of pocket so far was $125 plus a appraisal of $265. I was approved by the underwriters and upon my credit check I had a fair credit score but it all failed because my daughter and her infant twins lives with me. So I was denied. Now that I think about it I'm glad I didn't go through with it because I do not like the government telling me who can live in my home.

I did a reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial. I also considered 2 other financial institutions who advertised on the internet. Live Well was very timely in their responses. The best thing about their quote was that it was the lowest and they did not change throughout the process. The other 2 financial institutions came in higher, then lowered their quote to try and match Live Well. Other 2 institutions had a sales person contact me. Live Well had a financial expert. Very happy with the results.

Live Well Financial Company Profile