Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 320 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Live Well Financial Gallery (5)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

387 Live Well Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 30, 2018

I did a home purchase with a reverse mortgage which not many people at Live Well understood at all. Pulled out the application and then started sending them documents almost on a daily basis for a year. It took about 15 months to process and it was absolutely ridiculous. They need to have a listing of all the materials they need from the borrower. Not send a list daily and change it daily so that you know what you're sending. I sent them everything, and they were very, very unorganized. Their rates were competitive but I would never recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2018

When you're living on a fixed income, you just don’t have enough to do what you need to do. And I needed to do a reverse mortgage in order to stay in my house and the application process with Live Well Financial was all right. We knew what time the phone calls were coming in and to whom I was going to speak with. The loan officer did very well. She was very helpful in answering my questions and she could answer them without going back to a directory, and her personality was down-to-earth.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We needed extra cash from the money that was going out. I checked and talked with a couple of reverse mortgage companies, and I was not pleased with anything that they told me or the way I was treated. Then I saw Live Well Financial's advertisement on TV. I looked it up and thought that they were the ones that I could give a chance. They stood head and shoulders above everybody else. They said something would be here on a certain day or a certain time, and it was. We had a lot of medical problems and at one time we had to take a bankruptcy and Live Well walked us through all of that. I was so pleased. A lot of pressure would have been there and it has been taken off of us. We talked to Samberly a lot and another rep named Daniel, and even afterwards they called to see how we were doing and if everything was okay. They went above and beyond their call of duty and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My first time with Live Well was a mess and I lost about $3,000. A woman appraised the house the first time at $138,000. A year later I got appraised again and a guy came in to measure and did all kinds of crazy stuff to the fixture and everything in the house. He did a really good job and appraised it at $240,000. We went with Live Well since nobody wanted to do it. Our second application and underwriting with them were fine and very expedient. But they always find one little thing and then another little teeny thing that they have to have. But finally, it stopped and it went through. And we had a very polite loan officer who talked to me any time I called him. He said I can still call him if I want to.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My wife is 71 and I'm almost 71. We retired and are raising a bunch of kids. Conventional mortgage didn't work very well for us, making payments plus trying to help support the kids so we went with a reverse mortgage. Four or five years from now, if we decide we wanted another house, we can sell the house to pay off the mortgage. And should we pass on eight or nine years from now and there's still equity left to the house, the kids would get the equity. Live Well Financial contacted me with a mail out and I contacted them. And I liked the guy I talked to. When I talked to a couple of other companies, they all told me that Live Well was giving me the best deal.

Initially, Live Well said that there was not much to the application process. They said that it was easier than a conventional loan because all they had to do was an appraisal of our house and then the VA guarantees the loan based on the value of my property. They really don't care what we make because the mortgage is based on the value of the house. However, the appraisal company couldn't get the square footage right. And they couldn't get a lot of things right. Finally, after four weeks, we had finally gotten a good appraisal out of them. But they still never got the square footage right. First, they were 200 square feet under our house size. Then, they came back, finally, with 100 square feet over our house size.

The guy at Live Well told me that the VA approved and that they were gonna be conservative on the price per square foot in my area. We also had to pay $295 as appraisal fee and another $125 because VA makes us go with some hour-long counseling services. We had gotten that straightened out and Live Well had to have some income information because they wanna make sure we pay taxes and the insurance on the house. It was a little more complicated than what they initially told me.

Live Well then sent a lady to our house to sign all the contractual data and she did a good job. We had gotten it all done in 40 minutes. The amount of money we were to receive was up to 50% of the value of the house as a loan to us. 10% of that number was wired to us within a few days and the remainder can be drawn out starting the second year, whenever we want to take it. And if we don't take it, it would run at 4.2% interest, so it grows.

The guy from Live Well that worked with me was nice to talk to, seemed honest, down-to-earth, and very easy to deal with. His assistant who helped me on some stuff did a great job too. They explained everything very well. Plus, if we had a concern we could call them up that day and just talk to them. Live Well has made life easier. We don't have to make a house payment and we have some cash now. Moreover, after next year, we'd get cash whenever we needed to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: May 26, 2018

I looked up several articles about some of the best reverse mortgage companies and Live Well Financial was in the running. The experience with the rep as well as with the young lady who did the servicing part went very well until the end. We had a time delay with the underwriter trying to verify a third house that we had for sale, but it got resolved. We like the mobile notary, which was very convenient. I would probably recommend Live Well.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I wanted to take the money from the reverse mortgage and give it to my grandchildren to make sure they're okay in case I die. I saw Live Well Financial on TV and went for it. The lady named Cassie was a sweetheart and was so good to deal with. She was nice and intelligent. We talked about what I was gonna get. The entire process took a couple of months and Cassie worked so hard. She called me back and forth. If Live Well had more people like Cassie, they'll never have to worry about anything. On the other hand, there was another lady that they could do without. She got out here to fill the paperwork and she was mad. I told her to get out of my house and not to come back.

I'm gonna get my insurance down lower in the next six months. They said they will go back and redo my file and give me the rest of the money because I'm not gonna miss any payments. That's what Cassie told me, therefore, I'm looking forward that they didn't lie to me. Live Well can get $45,000 for my house but I only got $33,000 and that's a big difference. Overall, I've been satisfied with my experience.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Doing a reverse mortgage seemed easier for us. We had some guy from Live Well Financial come over. We showed him our social security number and our financial records. Kareem, the loan officer, was very helpful and always answered the phone when I called him. The whole thing took a couple of months since there were things that came up that we had to get. Live Well is really good and they work with you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was looking into refinancing but other lending companies said that I didn’t have enough income. The Live Well Financial called me and their application process was very neat. I got to the VA requirement and I paid off the few bills that I had. But then there was a miscommunication with them regarding those bills that I already paid off and they insisted on sending the checks to pay them off, which was dumb. The application took about three months, but it went okay. The loan officer seemed to know what she was doing and she got the process okay. I got a little better interest rate with the VA refinance, though I found out that I could’ve done better if I started sooner, but I didn’t.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My husband passed away and the loss of his income would just leave me mine. I was still paying on my mortgage and I had a high-interest rate. When I contacted my mortgage company, they didn’t want to help me. So my daughter and I went over at Senior Source and talked to a financial advisor. We talked about different things and at the end of the session with her, she gave me a list of people that did reverse mortgage ‘cause we had talked about a reverse mortgage with her. I contacted several other people about refinancing my house, but it was gonna take a long time so I decided to go with the reverse mortgage. I saw a Live Well ad on an AARP magazine and I remembered they were on the Senior Source package that was given to me, so I contacted them. They were very happy to talk to me and they raised the thought of the application right on the telephone the first day I called them.

The application process was very good and before I did the reverse mortgage, I had to take the class that goes with the reverse mortgage. And they sent me paperwork that I needed to read about and do things all along the way. The whole process took three months and there were a couple of hiccups in it that slowed the process down. We had seven days of steady rain in the middle of getting the house appraised and then I had to wait for a letter about how much my Social Security was every month. I also had to supply the paperwork regarding his death and that he didn’t leave me any pension. And I had to go through that process of getting his name off the property and my name on the property and then I had to apply for a home exemption and take care of the taxes. But after we got really into it, the process went really fast. We closed on the April 30th and I already saved money.

Their loan officer was really good. I got really frustrated when I was having to have my property surveyed and she helped me with that along with the appraisal of my house. She handled calling the appraisers and getting them to come out here. And I would call her back and keep her updated on the paperwork that I was working on. She was wonderful and really helpful. She knew what she was doing from the get-go.

After having worked with my mortgage company on trying to get my house refinanced, working with Live Well has been a pleasure and it has made my life a lot easier. This June, we’ll be in my second month that I haven’t had to pay a mortgage payment and not having a $12,000 mortgage payment has helped my income. It’s made me a little more at ease with it and I get to stay in my house. Live Well Financial is a good company and they are the first people that I will contact if I’m looking to do a reverse mortgage. They can help you decide if that’s what you really want to do and they don’t force you into doing a reverse mortgage. They talk to you about it and what it’s going to require and tell you the ins and outs of it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was in need of cash because my Medicaid was taken away from me. I had to take an early retirement of six months and I figured while I'm at it, I might as well do a reverse mortgage. It sounded good for me that there would be no more mortgage payments. I was speaking with a guy from a different company and he seemed to be in such a hurry to get me signed which didn't seem right. So, I called Trevor and checked out the mail from Live Well. He seemed more to my liking, he took his time and explained everything. He said that I'd have to do the counseling and then, they explained everything more. The rate is 4%, which is good. I went through their entire process which took a little over a month. Doing the reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial enabled me to have some things done that I really needed. I was able to get an air conditioner in the living room which covers two large rooms and I also got the window painted and reframed.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I had been short a few times and had a major problem. All deferred payments were coming due and I paid a lot of money for the house and the house had to be fixed, and then two of my sons died a year apart. Everything happened at once and I needed to pick it up and was gonna do a home equity loan. I talked to a couple of other places but it just wasn’t good. Then I called Live Well Financial and their loan officer explained that a home equity loan would not get me out of the hole of credit cards. Then she said that a reverse mortgage would just give me $1000 to cover my mortgage payment and would not take care of the house and a thousand dollar credit card debt. So she steered me the other way and said that I’d be better off with refinancing because it would be paying off my credit cards and I would be out of that hole.

Refinancing would be a longer term, but that was the best deal and the loan officer walked me through the process every step of the way. She was really nice and explained everything every time I call and if not, she would call somebody else to find out. She had always called me back and answered my phone, and she would tell me when people would be here and who they were, and she also set up the appraisal. The application process was short and quick. And I will be making my first payment in June, though I have been expecting a payment book and haven’t received it yet. Other than that, I have recommended Live Well Financial to a friend who’s trying to buy a house and he has said that my loan officer has been on top of things. She’s really good.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I thought about getting a reverse mortgage for a year and finally did it. We needed to repair some things around the house. I talked to two different people. Live Well and another person and there was something about the other person that made me not to believe what he said. It sounded too good to be true. Live Well seems honest and true to their word. Plus they were helpful and nice. My loan officer, Walter, didn't try to sugarcoat anything and told me the good and the bad. Their application process couldn't have been any easier, with the whole thing taking less than a month. They were very attentive and did everything they could to help me get stuff done. I was surprised as to how quick they were. Also I was satisfied with the rates. I would go to them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was hoping to not have to worry about our mortgage forever. I started with a different reverse mortgage provider but I got a little uncomfortable with them. Then, I saw Live Well Financial on the advertisement on the TV and it looked interesting, so I called them. I had the best feeling dealing with the person I was dealing with. They took away a lot of the apprehension I had about it. Gloria was determined to make sure that it happened, if it was going to happen or could happen, and that everything went well. Also, I know that whenever you’re in a business like that, if you have a lot of clientele, you’re gonna sometimes not be as available as the other people might want you to be. But she always called me. If I left a message, she would call me.

I was almost losing my home and she helped us save it. And the way she helped me was something that I didn’t expect to happen. She stuck with it to the point that it was able to come to an end in a good way. There was a time where it was getting close to going back up and we just couldn’t move fast enough to get it as low as we started but working with Live Well is a load off my mind. They're someone you can trust. I’m not too quick to endorse people, but after dealing with Gloria, I would have no reservation telling somebody to talk to her.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was approached by a gentleman from Live Well. He has gone over my reverse mortgage papers and saw how much interest I was paying. He thought he could do better for me. He made the process easier for me and was an absolute sweetheart. He has been very helpful with what has been going wrong. He was willing to step in with a contractor who did a horrible job, which I'm glad of.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My niece had checked with and recommended Live Well Financial. In obtaining the mortgage, I contacted them, and then on the second contact, I sent them some more information. They sent a notary with some things and I sent more information. Then they sent a notary back with the final things. The application and underwriting process took about a month, and it was easy and clear. Also, the loan officer was very pleasant and easy to talk to. She gave good direction. Live Well simplified some things. I'd recommend it.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I shopped around and got a refi through Live Well Financial. And l saw them stall for a while. I called one time and they said that the one who processes the loans was on vacation and I had to wait until she was back. I never knew what was going on their end at this thing. I had all that delay but after that everything went fine. Justin, the loan officer seemed like a very nice guy. I got in touch with him twice but most of the time the answering machine would come on and he would call me back. He did what he was supposed to do. He knew his information and told me some stuff that shouldn't be happening on the last loan that I had. I felt satisfied. It lowered my monthly and it got rid of a bill. It was a good process and I'd recommend Live Well Financial.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Live Well Financial is a member of the Better Business Bureau, which is good and means that they are accredited. And I very much liked Karen, the woman I spoke with, so I went with them. Karen was extremely pleasant and made everything much easier for me than the AAG people, who are not accredited and had me doing a merry dance for over a year. I would not recommend AAG to anyone. They should change their business because they couldn't help anybody. Plus, it was particularly cruel to upset an older person.

There were still hoops with Live Well's process but the things I considered unnecessary were apparently ones that had to be legally done. The application and underwriting did not take very long and only took four months to complete. If everyone at Live Well is as pleasant as Karen and able to do things, I would say tell my friends that if they have to do a reverse mortgage, they should do it with Live Well.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a girl who finished up everything once we got into the reverse mortgage and signed papers. She was very good and she kept me sane amidst my brother who held us up most of the time and did not keep up the house. When I called to check, Tyler, who was the first guy who called me, was really good. He got us started and I had no problem with the application although the closing thing had about two inches of paperwork. The reverse mortgage rates and terms were fine but it's going to take a while to figure out. We haven’t used the money yet, it's all in the bank and we're getting ready to start going. Live Well Financial did a good job and I'm glad to have them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Paul from Live Well called me in July and I asked him how soon we could close the deal. He said that when I got everything we needed we could close it in the third week of August which was cool. I then told him that I would send him a proposal. When I got the proposal and called the next day to talk to Paul, it turned out he booked it out to San Diego and I got stuck with this woman who took over my case and she was the worst loan officer ever.

Instead of giving me a list of things that I had to put together, she would just send me one piece at a time. I had no idea that there was a time limit so when she called me to set up an appointment for the appraiser, she wanted to know if I had a date available at the end of September. I said that the end of September was out of the question and that I was told we could close the deal during the third week of August. I wanna close the deal as fast as possible so we got it to the last week of August. The appraiser came and then it was another piece of information.

I got the counseling done but then I got informed in November that I would need my wife's birth certificate, social security card and driver's license. I asked why she should be involved as my wife and I have been separated for 20 years and she was not old enough to be in the deal. My brother is 61. He’s closer to being to the age than she is. The loan officer just told me that it was just the way the loan was set up. So I contacted my wife and told her what I needed. However, she told me that she lost her social security card 10 years ago. During Christmas Eve, I found out that they were still waiting for my wife's information. I was also informed that we were running out of time as the application expires on January 5th. I was dealing with the world's biggest procrastinator and the loan officer was telling me that I was out of a deadline. She should have told me about it back in August.

That was when Jeff got involved and he asked me if I wanted to redo the reverse mortgage which I didn't like. I told him that we would look at other venues and we ended up taking an equity loan. We didn’t owe any money on the house, so that was thoroughly paid for. Live Well did the loan for us and I dealt with Jeff. This time, I was dealing with people who knew what they were doing. Jeff understood that I wanna get the stuff done as soon as possible and he did everything in his effort to get it done right. My brother had a much better credit rating so the loan was in his name but I did all the paperwork. I told my brother what I needed and he gave it to me. I handled all the business stuff and I explained to my brother what he had to do. So things went well, they did an outstanding job, and I got the pleasure of watching my brother sign a big pile of papers.

Jeff was very easy to work with and any questions I had, he or one of his colleagues was always there to answer it. It was so much smoother than the reverse mortgage process. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a refi. If they have credit issues, they should talk to Jeff at Live Well. He would work with them and he would let them know right up front whether or not they could do anything for them. It was a pleasure to do business with Live Well and I would use them again in the future.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I'm retired and my wife got in a car accident. I needed the money from the reverse mortgage to repair my house and pay the hospital bills. When I had questions for Live Well Financial, I called Troy. He gave me a lot of help. He is a real good person and I trusted him. I liked him. He had real good service.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Live Well Financial had the best customer service I’ve ever experienced in my entire adulthood. I ended up doing a conventional loan and they went out of their way to tell me what I needed in advance. They took the time, weighed out the process, and gave me the time to secure the documents. They really went above and beyond. The process was very easy. Tyrel was my direct loan officer and Leslie handled the closing portion, and both were outstanding. Tyrel was very professional and kept me up-to-date. However, the VA required more than what any of us expected and it caused a shorter line. We thought it was a basic water test and it ended up being my fault. I had gotten one of the best rates and I had gotten locked in before it jumped off of the copy.

Original review: May 14, 2018

When we obtained a reverse mortgage, we had to talk with somebody at Live Well first and they had a counselor before. They had to tell us some things and then, they sent some booklets for us to read. It was just like a regular mortgage. The application process took about 30 to 45 days and it was simple but I wish they could speed it up a little bit. Jason, the loan officer, was really nice. When he came out for us to sign some papers before the loan was funded, I had some questions and I called that number. He called me back and he told us that if we ever had any questions, just give him a call. Plus, the terms and rates are pretty good.

Original review: May 13, 2018

My loan with Live Well Financial allowed me to have some improvements. At first, the whole deal was messed up, but they managed to resolve things and after about three months, the application and underwriting process were completed. Their reps were good. However, I'm supposed to get copies of the papers from the notary public but it's been almost two weeks and I still haven't got anything.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I couldn't pay my bills and Live Well Financial helped me a whole lot. My life has gone better since working with them. The people in Virginia went all out and helped me out on the reverse mortgage. It turned out real good and I couldn't have asked for any better people to work with. They took care of everything for me and they did an excellent job for me.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Live Well Financial had a pretty simple, quick and understandable application process. It was perfect and very professional. Tyrrell was my loan officer and was a beautiful person. He did pretty well. Everything is fine.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I didn’t have money to do what I had to do with and Live Well helped me with my financial. I was impressed with the way my loan officer Amber explained things to me and how well it would be. She didn’t pressure me on anything. She was real nice about the process so that made me go on with it. She was perfect. If she wasn’t in her office, she returned my call back promptly when she got in if she wasn’t busy with anybody else. The application process went well and it was on time.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I went with Live Well Financial for a reverse mortgage and everything went fairly well. Their agent, Erick was very helpful and an extremely nice young man. It was really very pleasant dealing with him. There were a few snags along the process through the government because they dug into things that were really not necessary. Also, towards the end, when we were ready to sign the final papers and the first guy that came out didn’t bring all the paperwork, so that delayed the finishing of the process. Another lady had to come out and finish up the paperwork and bring what he did not bring.

Communication between the departments should be improved because I kept waiting and waiting and waiting to hear something. I finally called Erick and asked him why they didn’t just call me and ask me if they had questions instead of sitting on it and instead of me having to call them to find out what was going on. The rate and the terms were okay because I had gotten some paperwork from another company and they seem to be pretty much in line with the others.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I talked to a couple of others I guess and the fellow we talked to from Live Well had the best ideas. His name is Justin and he knew what he was talking about. He was able to present options to us right off the bat. He did everything we needed to have done and he was very timely, and he responded quickly if we had questions. We got a cash out and the application process was relatively simple. We had all the information together so it wasn’t a hard thing to do. I'm a realtor so I'm used to people getting mortgages and seeing what can happen to them, so by comparison, we did pretty well. We also got good terms and rates. Everything was done and they performed well. The options were there and it was just a question of which one we wanted to do.

Original review: May 9, 2018

A reverse mortgage has the option of not having a mortgage payment monthly. I did a little of shopping and Live Well Financial had good Better Business ratings than other lenders. Their application process was usual as when we got our initial mortgage and then refinanced at a later point. Along with the underwriting, the application process took about a month. Dawn was my loan officer and she always had good answers. She was always available and always called back in a timely fashion, which I consider very important. Also, the guidance was good and we knew we were going in that direction so they provided whatever information we asked for. However, the cash-out part was a little low compared to what’s in the area. Other than that, the documentation they asked for was not excessive.

Live Well Financial expert review by Michele Lerner

Live Well Financial has been offering reverse mortgages and other mortgage products since 2005. It originally only served customers in Virginia, but now services mortgages and reverse mortgages across America.

• Provides HECM mortgages: All reverse mortgages are insured by the federal government and are provided according to government rules.

• Easy to navigate website: Customers looking for reverse mortgages can easily find information and/or apply online.

• Good variety of programs: There are several mortgage programs available, allowing users to find the reverse mortgage that best fits their needs.

• Information: Seniors may not be clear on what types of mortgages are available or what the terms of service are and will need to call for more information.

• No non-HECM mortgages: Seniors who are looking for anything other than the standard reverse mortgage (i.e. a home-repair reverse mortgage) may not find it.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Live Well Financial Company Information