toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Curtis -

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll be sure to let Karen know about the kind words. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had a wonderful reverse mortgage experience dealing with Live Well Financial. My counselor, Karen **, was awesome in her approach to customer service. She never strayed from her professionalism although I'm sure I asked many "dumb, stupid" questions. I am truly refreshed to learn there is customer service and common courtesy left in corporate America.

Don was very helpful and always responded to our questions. All the contacts were friendly and helpful. The only person who appeared rude was the appraiser who came out. We have met many appraisers and had refinanced in the past. They were professional and honest, yet friendly.

Everything about working with Live Well was extremely professional. Desteney ** couldn't have been more helpful. I've employed hundreds of people over the years in my insurance business and never had a representative that was the equal of Desteney!

We refinanced our home with Live Well recently and we are very happy with the outcome. The two young men that we dealt with was very polite and knowledgeable. We lowered our payment by almost $250.00 and our interest rate by around 3 points. The loan was done in a timely manner and I would recommend this company to a friend.

I went on a website as we were becoming interested in a reverse mortgage. Live Well was one of the ones that came up among seven or eight others. I made a phone call to Live Well and they sent the information. I got the information from four other companies and Win seemed to be a little bit more helpful as far as explaining the reverse mortgage than the other folks. Not that they didn’t do a good job, but Win did better. I was online and they were pulling out a whole a lot of names. That’s how I ended up with Live Well, with Win.

I found myself doing a lot of legwork to get the loan closed because of the way the house is paid for. I thought that I shouldn’t have had to do that but I went on and did it. It was a situation with the Credit Union where they have to do some things to show that I had pulled the money out of our account. Other than that, everything went around smoothly. Win gave me all the information on what I needed to do and once they got on top of it, they closed it pretty fast. I was surprised.

When you look at it from the standpoint of an old layman and they start talking about your money. I never really understand in which I tell my children, who are going to take over the house one day, that they've got to pay the loan back and the loan will be higher than what we took out of it. But that's what I did. I had some things I might have done on this end that I wonder why I don’t get paid for this or why am I doing this. Other than that, it was a comfortable experience. They never gave me something that couldn’t have been accomplished. Everything was within grasp.

I saw Live Well Financial's advertisement on TV and I was interested in doing a reverse mortgage. I contacted them and they seemed pretty honest. I had a friend of mine who has an iPad and he checked them out. He found out they had an A rating so I went with them. My house was the only asset that I have left in my life and I needed the money in order to pay the bills, the house insurance, my car insurance, and so on. I was living with a very, very low income and all my life I never made a lot of money. My income from Social Security was about $875 a month and with the regular house bills plus the house insurance which I do every four months, it was way over my head. I was fortunate enough to have some extra money left over from my sister’s insurance company but it was running out and I needed to find another income. I pay my bills on time regularly so having a reverse mortgage would help from the stress and worrying of where am I going to get the money when my sister’s insurance company money runs out that we didn’t use for her funeral.

I was happy to get Live Well Financial because my decision was already made prior to contacting them. I felt comfortable that what they were telling me was not a lie and everything was fine. I was trying to be cautious because you get these advertisements on TV then you buy the product and it never comes up to the snap to where you want it to be. This is my only asset, my home, and I really needed the money to pay the bills to sustain. It was a long process and I had no idea it would last this long. But, the people over there that I spoke with were very helpful in the sense that they gave me some insights of what was to come. They were very helpful in helping me to understand what was going on in the process and I really appreciated that. I was very satisfied with Live Well Financial. They were cordial and exact to the point. They also sound like they were honestly trying to help you and that meant a lot to me.

I heard so much advertising on Live Well Financial and it seemed like a good deal. A year ago, I became incapacitated and wheelchair-bound. Live Well came in, explained the things and had everything come to my home and do it which made things easier and more pleasant. They were friendly and my loan officer was a real peach. He told me exactly what it was, what was going on, how it's gonna happen, how long it's gonna take, and what I needed to do. He explained everything in detail. Their guidance was tops and I don't have any complaints with them at all. Live Well Financial made my bank account a little fatter and made it easier to think about what I am and am not gonna be able to do. They gave me some breathing room and it was a good experience.

Live Well Financial

Ken, We are happy to hear you enjoyed our seamless process and service. Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I was helped by several people, the one that I worked with the most was Kasey **. What a pleasure she was, professional and made me feel at ease. Truly I kept thinking nothing could go as smooth as this was going, I was wrong. No glitch. There was another young lady that also helped me but I cannot recall the name.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My application was first submitted to the Virginia office where it turned into a nightmare because the people there were not trained well in HECM loans. After several weeks of getting false information, my application was sent to California where the people there were just fantastic! After almost losing the home I wanted, they saved the day and I have now been here almost 6 months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Live Well Financial

Sounds like a Reverse Mortgage was the perfect solution to fit your financial needs. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I had a loan I needed to pay and Live Well assisted me on that. I talked to Pat who was very personable and very good in what she does. The guidance she provided was absolutely perfect and we went by pretty quick. When I had questions, she was there to answer me right away and if I left a message, she'd call me right back. We communicated very well. Everything was fine.

Live Well Financial

James- Congratulations on your new Corvette and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I saw an ad on TV for the reverse mortgage and then I went through and found Live Well Financial and took a stab. I'll be 64 in July and I figured that since I worked hard to earn my place then why not get some money back out of it and take some of that money on vacation. I liked Live Well Financial very well. They were all very nice, considerate, precise, and everything was done in an efficient manner and to the point. They got the loan done quicker than I thought they would and I'm very happy. I'm now riding around in my Corvette and enjoying life.

Live Well Financial

Eligio- Reverse Mortgage really does offer Peace of Mind. We are thrilled that you are now able to truly take advantage of your retirement- Enjoy every moment!

Original review: May 26, 2017

A load off my mind. Thank You!!! For a smooth process. Mr. ** worked so hard to make it possible, I cannot express my gratitude as to how he worked. He kept us informed throughout the entire process. Again, Thank You!!!

Live Well Financial

Freddie- we pride ourselves on serving you with the tools you need, so that you can live your best life! Congratulations on your new found financial freedom

Original review: May 25, 2017

The guy from Live Well Financial whom I talked to was really nice. He seemed to know what I'm talking about. He's also knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. He shared what our situation would be and who I would have to talk to at HUD. And so, I liked him better than anybody I've talked to. Live Well did exactly what they said they would do. Everything went great and I've been very satisfied.

Took way too long to get approval and complete transaction. Was on a time limit. Started with Live Well in October. Didn't receive money till late December????

Passed around so many times. Was told you was so busy. I would have to wait.

Live Well Financial

Sharon we are thrilled that you had a smooth experience with us- and Matt will be happy to hear that you are doing well.

Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Your people treated me very well. They made sure that all steps were taken and that I knew where I stood in the process. I cannot remember the young man's name that I dealt with. His first name was Matt. He was very helpful. I am very satisfied with the outcome.

While working with the rep. for about 3 months to get all numbers correct, the week before I was to close he left the company. I assumed that all the paperwork would be the same. After closing I found out that someone else had re-done the paperwork and added some figures that I had not agreed to. Looks like I lost about 3,000.00 dollars.

I've had a surgery on my knee and I'm still trying to get my knee fixed. So, that's one of the reasons I chose a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan. I wanted to try and enjoy myself a little bit before I kick the bucket. Live Well Financial did a good job. The loan officer named Mark was real helpful in helping me understand everything. They informed me about my options and I was glad that they did. We had to hunt some papers up and they were patient waiting on us finding those papers. However, we had little problems with the notary. It seemed like it took a long time, but I understand that it's a big deal and they had to go through all the legal process. Other than that, everything went all right. All in all, I was very satisfied with Live Well Financial.

Live Well Financial

Peter, It was a pleasure serving you, and we would be happy to help your friends and neighbors enjoy the financial freedom that a reverse mortgage has brought to you. Until we meet again- get out there and start enjoying your retirement.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Agent was totally helpful and gave accurate information, everything presented was as it occurred, wonderful option, wonderful service. Would recommend to anyone who fits the criteria for eligibility. What a wonderful feeling to know we're set for a home to live in no matter what happens to home prices.

Live Well Financial

Betty, We are happy to hear that our Loan Officer took great care of you, making certian that you understood all the details of how Reverse Mortgages work, and how you can use it as a tool to ensure your financial future. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The loan officer was very straightforward with information about the reverse mortgage. I tried another company first, but was lied to on several occasions. Your loan officer was very truthful and helpful. I have a real estate background and was very cognizant of the facts, and was aware of the facts.

Live Well Financial

George- We believe in service and communication throughout the loan process and are glad to have worked with you to get the money you needed.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I was going through a divorce and I needed to buy my wife her own home and I wanted to make sure that I would never have to worry about my security in the house. And it was better to do a reverse mortgage even though it costs me a lot more than a conventional mortgage. The first loan officer that I talked to was fantastic. I talked to him for a long time because the divorce got drawn out and he kept up. He left last fall and the new guy I worked with has been better than the first guy was. The communication was good and I couldn't ask for any better. But there's one thing that I wish was different. I plan on paying at least the interest part for each month and right now, I have to do that by check. But they don't have any way to electronically accept money. Other than that, it's the best experience I've ever had in my life dealing with people.

My experience with Live Well Financial was okay. So far, so good. I really liked the fellow I talked to over the phone. He was a very nice guy and he helped me a lot. But now that I've signed on, I have trouble getting a hold of him.

I was trying to get some business head on me to see what I could do with this. I got to talk with Live Well Financial and they told me what would be going on and what they would help me do. The first couple of people I talked to had started the process and the program, but everything slowed down so I had to keep trying to get in touch with them to find out what they had found out, what they were gonna do, and how they were gonna help me. I heard nothing from them for a while so I though it maybe just not for me. Later on, another representative got a hold to it and then they started telling me some of the same stuff. They told me about the paperwork and what they would need to send to them to get the process started. It took a while but I told them I would send whatever I had to them. Then we corresponded on some of the paperwork they need and it went from there. It took a long drawn-out process but I got what I wanted out of it.

I'm glad I found Live Well Financial because I know nothing about a reverse mortgage. But he explained that to me and that they would do whatever they could to help me. I wanted my mortgage to be paid off, so I could start making half-payments. But it was a good learning experience for me, though there was still some stuff that I'm still trying to figure out and work on that process to get me through some of the paperwork. My experience was really fulfilling. I would go to them anytime I have questions and they would give me the right answers or refer me to somebody that I could talk to about it. I put trust in them and they came through me.

We were a little in the hole, and we needed some projects to do on our house. We then looked into reverse mortgages because a friend of my wife had just done it. We went to a couple of other places and got quotes, but Live Well Financial answered me first and they came out the best. The rep that was dealing with me was great. He helped out in every way. I'd call him and ask him for any questions, and he'd fax or email me the information that I needed. He was wonderful. However, their appraiser took a while to get here to appraise the house. And once he got here, it was almost four to five weeks before he got the appraisal to Live Well. But it came through about $5,000 higher than what I thought the house was worth, so it all worked out in the long run. I'd recommend anybody to Live Well.

I needed some help with financial matters and the gentleman I worked with at Live Well Financial was very helpful, very brilliant and answered all my questions. My loan officer was very businesslike and everyone was concerned about my welfare. Everything went fine and my experience helped me out immensely. It was a very relieving experience.

I did my reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial. I just did it again and got a little cash back because my property value went up. Louisiana changed their flood map and they cancelled all the policies where the prices went down like mine. They then issued us a refund and write a new, cheaper paid-up policy. They didn't process the paperwork in a timely fashion.

Live Well bought a $6,500 flood policy for me without calling me even though I was in total communication with them from day one. I got the letter on Saturday and I couldn't even talk to anyone, so it was really an upsetting situation. Since then, they've cancelled the policy. They realized that I didn't have a lapse in coverage and they credited my account, but then it's done. I thought that was the most ridiculous thing. I've communicated with them about everything, every step of the way both times and in that situation, and they chose to do something like that.

But other than that issue, I love Live Well. They really handled the closing process well. They cleared up my titles have really been great along the way. I would still recommend them to somebody doing a reverse mortgage because all in all, Live Well is very nice to work with. But I would urge people that if they do get a letter in the mail, don't jump to conclusions and don't have a heart attack. Wait until they can talk to Live Well and the company will probably be able to clear up the situation.

I owned two properties which are both paid off, and I just wanted to get some money out of them so I chose to have a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan. I had a very good experience with Live Well Financial. The loan officer who guided me through the whole thing was wonderful. I was very pleased and I could recommend them.

My interactions with the loan officer from Live Well Financial were all positive. Everything was explained thoroughly and we were helped greatly. We're totally happy other than it seems we had to fill about 1800 pieces of paper and sign. I know that’s part of the regulations but it seemed a little redundant. Other than that, it's been a very positive experience.

Live Well Financial had a beautiful ad with a woman, which really sold me, so I gave them a phone call. I got Shawn on the phone, and I explained everything to him and he took the ball from there. I liked Shawn. He is excellent, has a lot of patience, and explains everything. I have no problems with Live Well. Everything went perfectly. In fact, I got money back because my credit was so excellent and I didn’t owe anybody any money. I’m 85 and I use my credit card only when I have to and they were so surprised that everything went smoothly that they sent me back money because they said they took too much money.

Someone called me yesterday and asked me for one of the cards with the reverse mortgage with Live Well. Today, I gave out another card because the Vice-President of the bank, who I know very well, called and asked me for the card. I asked her why and she said somebody wants to go for the reverse mortgage, but they’re leery. She was telling them about me. I brought out the card today, and I gave out another card a month and a half ago to another friend. I’m very satisfied with Live Well.

I had an original reverse loan and it went down the line and Live Well ended up with it. I chose a reverse mortgage because I was flat broke and it was one way of getting money and I’m too old to work. Tom is my Live Well financial loan officer and my interaction with him was very good. It was very satisfying every time we talked and he gave me full explanations on things. I also went to see a woman in Boulder and I got a survey from her I had to fill out and send back. I talked with another woman in Live Well and I kept all these things documented. The whole experience was quick and I liked that.

I had a wonderful representative that helped us. She couldn’t have been no better. It was very good, pleasant and professional. Even the appraisal was very nice. I would recommend Live Well Financial.

We had tried a reverse mortgage once before but we weren’t quite ready then. It's much easier to qualify now as rules have changed since. It was time my husband did something to secure the home so we got a reverse mortgage again and our LiveWell Financial experience has been okay so far. The loan officer was very helpful from the beginning and helped us follow through on everything. We were very appreciative of that. They've given positive guidance and we could understand everything that they were explaining to us. So that was a big help.

My husband and I thought getting a reverse mortgage was a good idea. We don't have any heirs so we wanted money to make improvements on our house and do things we wanted to. It gives us a little flexibility. We had a little glitch with the appraisal. We talked to Live Well and their reps responded to us in a timely way and were very professional. Everything was very pleasant.

We wanted to get as much money out and let it go as we didn't have any progenies. Tyler from Live Well Financial was good and sent me a whole bunch of stuff right away without any question unlike somebody else who said that I had to register first before they can send me stuff. Tyler would call me anytime something was up and when nothing was going on, he left me alone. The guidance LiveWell gave was absolutely marvelous. Everything went quickly and well.

I got Live Well Financial to help me out with some finances I had. They seemed really helpful and their rep was excellent in everything that he helped me with. He also answered all my questions and the guidance I got was 100% great. Overall, they took care of everything and went smoothly. My experience was very good.

Live Well Financial Company Profile