4.64/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Live Well Financial

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Live Well Financial Gallery (5)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

162 Live Well Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I live on social security and it was harder to keep making payments, keep everything paid up and have a little extra money so I looked into Live Well Financial. They're a holding company instead of flip company so I called them. I've talked to one man and he gave me a lot of information and it sounded good. From what I had looked up and checked up on the computer, they’re a good company to go with. They weren’t going to move the loan around and if I had any questions or any problems, I could call them and they would still have the loan instead of somebody else having it. So I went ahead with them.

There was one misunderstanding on the money end that I wasn't too happy about. I borrowed the money for my mother to pay the home off and they paid me back. And I thought I was going to get $30,000 and I wind up just getting $20,000. They said the FHA wouldn't let them pay more of that back so I've got to wait a year to get the rest of the money back. I come real close about just cancelling the whole thing. It was supposed to be in closing 20 to 30 days and it took about four months to get it closed. But the lady in California, Danielle, was very helpful at everything in getting this loan through and I appreciate her. All in all, I was very well satisfied with Liberty.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We're fit to retire soon and getting a reverse mortgage was a good idea. If there's anybody looking for a better option, it's a good way to do it. We got one from Live Well Financial and their reps were great and super nice.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

If I had children, I wouldn’t have gotten a reverse mortgage. But I don't have any so I didn’t have to worry about leaving an estate. I looked at a lot of information on the web and I didn’t see anything negative about Live Well Financial. I contacted them and spoke to them a lot because I wasn’t really sure at first whether I wanted to do it or not. My main concern was shopping around with getting somebody reputable that would stand behind their product and wouldn’t be going out of business. I also didn’t like any hard sell kind of idea and Live Well Financial didn’t do that so that was another thing that attracted me to their company.

Their sales rep answered any questions I had and we went back and forth as I was doing my research and coming up with questions. We discussed that and the things I was finding out. He was very much in contact with me through the entire process. So after speaking to them for a while and looking at all the ramifications that could happen, the financial considerations and so forth, I decided to go ahead with it. I'm pretty satisfied with my experience. I was a little surprised at the cost when it really came down to it. The fees were pretty high, but that’s what they are. It's been a couple of years since I did a refi after the initial one.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I got on disability and I had some stuff that I had to get called up in the meantime so I got out of work and got sick. I was trying to get out of some debt to live a better life. Also, I was trying to set back money so that, in case of a bad case of an emergency, I have some reassurance that I can turn to. I then got a reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial. Their people were friendly from the very beginning. Erika, the one that I worked with, was very prompt and got things done. They were on top of everything and knew what they were talking about. They had answers to every question I had and if they didn’t know, they looked into it and got back with me immediately. They also did what they said they would do and contacted me. My experience was very good and I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I got a loan but after ten years, they jacked the rate up to $540 for one month. There was also no guarantee that it wouldn't keep going up every time interest rates went up. So, I couldn't afford that being retired and I decided to look into other plans. I first saw a Live Well Financial advertisement in the Yellow Pages. I was impressed when I spoke with my loan person, Jake. He seemed helpful and knew what he was talking about. This went fluently from there because when I wasn't even considering a mortgage plan, I talked to a couple of other people over a year ago but I just didn't want to go that route then. Jake was better than the other people I talked to. He sent me his stuff that I requested and was able to answer any questions I had so I finally decided to go with Live Well Financial. I was pleased with my experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had been with Bank of America since I was 18 and my first reverse mortgage was with them. It was suggested that I needed one because I don't have enough income, but then they sold it to Live Well Financial who haven't done things the way I wanted them to. I'm getting $200 less than what I was getting before. I also asked to put some money in savings in case I needed extra, but the rep didn't do it. When I called him on it, he said that he was going to fix it but I haven't heard from him since.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My husband thought reverse mortgage was something to look into. I was against it but he was for it so he made me make the call to Live Well Financial. We thought it was not going to take so much time and it seemed it took forever. I was the one making all the phone calls because he can't hear over the phone very well and there were a lot of phone calls, a lot of delays and a lot of put-offs. I didn’t agree with most of it and I didn’t want to do it or get involved, but I ended up getting into all of it. And then they told us the amount of money we were going to receive at the front end of the whole conversation but we didn’t get near that so we were a little disappointed in that. We've withdrawn from it and we've got a portion of the money. It was helpful but it could have been better.

The loan officer was nice and personable and tried to be very helpful about it. It just wasn't happening because my husband was working one job and then changed to another that didn’t make him as much money, and the officer didn’t understand the point that he was making an appointment no other time because my husband’s a seasonal worker. He was working farm work and he was laid off in the wintertime. Now, it could change this one and not be that way. We tried to explain that. They didn’t understand the unemployment and the layoffs.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My wife and I were in a wreck and it totaled the car and reverse mortgage was the only way I could get my hands on any cash that I knew of. The loan officer at Live Well Financial lied to me two or three times about things that they were supposed to do and didn’t do, and I called him out on it. Of course, he’s lied again that he didn’t do it. He was supposed to send some papers a couple of times, prepared it overnight and he did it twice. He didn’t send them and I called him the day I got it three days later. And he said, “Oh yeah. I did it last night.”

There were also technical things that weren't explained such as each time the appraiser comes to your house to check and see if something has been done that he left to be done it would cost you $140. It cost me five times more than $140 and he never told me anything about that. I'm furious. I got it done the first time and he just dragged his feet more or less through the whole process.

As far as the money, there were a lot of things that weren’t explained like with my house the tax paid on it was $133,000 and the appraisal that he got was $112,000. And the houses that they got the appraisal off of were way on the other side of town. They weren't even around my neighborhood and things weren't done in a business manner, the way I like things done. It all worked out but if I had another house I was going to do it with I wouldn’t get back to them. There’s a company called AAG and all they do is reverse mortgages unlike Live Well that does several different things.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We're retired, getting older and social security is our basic income, and it would be a huge raise to us if we don't have to pay for a mortgage except for taxes and insurance. So, we gave ourselves a big raise by getting a reverse mortgage and we got a little cash. We did our first reverse mortgage with Live Well Financial and we didn't have any problem wanting to do it with them the second time. We valued the property and it skyrocketed in our particular area. So, we did the second one and this time, we got some relatively substantial amount of cash out of it.

Zack was our loan officer both times and he was great. I originally talked with another person from the East Coast who got me started. He built my confidence up, and then he transferred me over to the Del Mar people. I'd recommend Live Well to a friend. They answered all my questions honestly and fairly. And I asked them questions about their competitors, and I got reasonable answers as to why Live Well was a better choice.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I want to be able to stay in my house ‘til I die and friends of mine were already customers of Live Well Financial and they referred them. My loan officer was great. When I left a message, he called and if he was going to be out at the office, he would tell me. When I called one time and he didn’t return my call, I knew he was still out at the office and it was fine. There were several points in the process where I told them to stop so I could analyze things out. So the process probably took longer than most but it wasn’t because of Live Well.

However, the appraiser did not respect my time. He knew we had an appointment and then he called when he was supposed to be there and asked if we had an appointment. Then he said he was on the way but it took him an hour and a half to make a trip. I asked him about it because there was no problem on the freeway and at the most, it should have taken him 45 minutes. And while he was still there, I let him and my loan officer know immediately that he had not respected my time. That's the only thing that I thought was negative but it had nothing to do with Live Well. But other than that, everything went smooth and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I inherited the house and it needed some work done. I needed to take care of some costly repairs that would face me within the next six months, so I went with the reverse mortgage. Live Well Financial was the first in line among my options for mortgage providers, so I went with them. I had super and all positive interactions with the reps in just about everything they did and the guidance they gave me was most excellent and professional. I called them and they called me, and one lady rep in particular helped me. The reps were personal in their approach and we could chit-chat about stuff a little bit.

The whole process took a while because I had to go through all of it. But it didn’t seem that long and, as far as everything went, it was quick and expedient. But I had to send a lot of papers through the notary, do a lot of copying of papers, and get these papers to Live Well. So, the process wasn’t easy, but I cooperated with them 110% and they were good to me. I helped speed up the process myself with being efficient and having all my paperwork ready to go and make copies of to satisfy the requirements of the reverse mortgage.

A few issues came up, though, that could have messed things up. Another bank, Branch Banking & Trust, had a lien on my house and they were being nasty and holding up the whole process for $150. My mom had paid on the note for almost 20 years and it was close to be being paid off. When she passed away, I got the estate but BB&T never would respond to the estate and kept on sending mail as if she was still alive. Even though I had sent some of their mail back marked “Deceased”, they never would file a claim.

BB&T even lied to Live Well that they would take care of the matter, then they sent Live Well a letter of rejection that they wouldn’t let the lien go on clear without getting their money. I had to go to another bank and pay off the $150 and BB&T got the money, then they had to give me a refund because they had overcharged me. Despite all that, however, Live Well and I got through the process and the check that I got from them was good. I had no complaints at all, except against BB&T, and there wasn’t any downside that was Live Well's fault. My experience with Live Well has been very good all in all and professional from start to end.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've done a refi with Live Well Financial and I got a good rate so I was happy. They were very helpful and I must have overpaid them because they ended up giving me some money back which was good. I got the reverse mortgage about three years ago because I had a rental banned and I didn’t have quite enough from a sale in California to pay the house off but my financial adviser told me that getting a reverse mortgage was a good way to go. I looked at all the literature and when I went to get certified, everything was explained me to me. It's made my retirement much easier for me. I felt comfortable with the people from Live Well Financial. They were very knowledgeable and they made sure that I had all of the information I needed. They told me what I was going to get, what I needed to do, and how the process was going to work, and they have good people to do my notary.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My mother was short each month with food and cash and Live Well Financial reverse mortgage gave her the ability to have a little spending money. I liked their website and they had a question and answer on the website that seemed thorough so I went and chose them. From start to finish, the whole process took 30 days. Their rep gave over the top service and my interactions with her have been excellent. We had a trust involved and she guided me through the whole process and she did an excellent job.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We went with Live Well Financial reverse mortgage to get rid of our mortgage and some other stuff we wanted to do to our house. The process took a month and somehow, it was my fault. Their rep gave me an excellent and truthful guidance. There were several companies that called during that time and I found out so many times that what they were saying in the paper was totally different. So, it turned me off completely.

Matt, the rep, was one of the first people that called me. At that time, I was involved with a guy from another company and Matt said to take his name and number then he’ll send me some information. He also said that if it doesn't work out with the other guy, then maybe I can call him back. I had gone through four other companies and they were telling me things that they could do but they knew that they could not do and had no intentions of doing it. I'm an honest person and I do not like dealing with dishonest people. Live Well Financial did what they said they were going to do and Matt was very thorough in answering questions that I had.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am 73 years old and I don't owe anything on my health and I have enough for living expenses but I like taking vacations and I needed a new car so the reverse mortgage just supplemented my income. I contacted several different people and they offered a deal, but Live Well Financial offered the best lender discount. It's an FHA loan so the rates are set by the government. Although the reverse mortgage was new to me, I understood the procedures and the terminologies because I'm a retired builder. The loan process took three months to complete. They sent a lot of stuff through emails and they were always very quick to answer questions so they did a good job for not meeting in person, face to face. I recommended them to my neighbor and she's getting a loan through them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I got a reverse mortgage from Live Well Financial and they're very professional, timely and did a really good job. I'm partly retired, I don't have much income to pay a mortgage payment, and I needed to help a member of my family. Live Well's closing cost was $3,000 while everybody else was around $5,000. Live Well is not close by but they said that they would keep my loan. Their loan officer sent me short emails and talked to me a couple of times on the phone. Then the people who came to my house were very efficient, knew what they were doing, and helped me a lot. The guidance I got was very good and I trusted them quite a bit.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We needed a roof on our house real bad and we thought that getting a reverse mortgage would be the best route to go. We went online and Live Well Financial was the one that responded. After talking with them and getting some information about them, we were pleased. If I needed to speak to them and they weren’t available, I'd leave a message and they'd call me back as soon as possible. It was never a feeling of putting me off. In fact, most of the time when I call their number, they would pick up and talk with me. That meant a whole lot. We talked to the same person all the time and got some answers. I'm very well pleased with Live Well Financial and I'd recommend them to anybody. Their customer service is really good.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I felt that having a reverse mortgage was a good deal and it was something that we could live with. Also, I have a house that was paid down low and we can use the dividend in our house to do some other things. I contacted Live Well Financial and the young man that I dealt with was very polite and professional. He was a good person and I believed in what he was saying. He was sincere about what we’re trying to accomplish. I stopped calling him for four weeks and he continued to call me and showed me that they were legit. Then I stopped calling again for a couple weeks. Then he called me back and I told him I'm going to give it a shot.

And then, he ran into some issues. They didn’t want to step in that time because my house values a large amount and they couldn’t find a house with an area that was comparable. It was oversized or larger than other houses in that area and that created a problem for the finance company and the finance cost of my house. But he did not give up. He went to Tallahassee to do some checking around the houses over there and finally, he got it cleared. The finance company called me back and told me that it worked. I can’t find a better salesman than him and I’m very pleased with the way they handled it. I was impressed with him and the whole process. They called back a couple of days ago after I got the loan and asked me how’d it go. They were very helpful and stuck to what they need to do.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The payments were high on the house so I decided to do a reverse mortgage. I went with Live Well Financial because of the line of credit. The guidance they gave was excellent and they were very helpful and they knew their stuff. They were very concerned about my welfare so I appreciated that. It was a very smooth experience and if anyone asks about a reverse mortgage, I would recommend Live Well.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We have no problem at all with Live Well Financial. It’s just me and my wife, and the kids have already got everything they’re going to get, basically. So we decided to choose a reverse mortgage. Since the house is not in the will, we would take and get the money out of it now. And if anything happens to us, the kids can sell it, just divide it up amongst themselves. Matt was our guy and out of the several that I talked to, he made the most sense. He was the clearest and even commented several things that others had done, things they’ve done they shouldn’t have done. I respect the man for everything he did and all the effort he put forth in getting things done. They just did me good. However, I’ve only got one complaint but it has nothing to do with them.

They employ an outside company to hire appraisers to go do appraisals on the property. And the appraiser that was hired, that came out here, was a jerk and a half. He appraised the house about $10,000 low and then told them, “Be glad he got that.” I’m paying taxes more than what he appraised the house at. I talked to Matt the other day and he apologized for it. And I said, “Well, it’s not your fault.” And he said, “No, I’ve got another one right now. And apparently, it’s a high dollar home. And the appraisers come in at about $50,000 to $100,000 less than what the home was valued at.” It’s either take the appraisal now or wait six months and do it again. It’s a different person in a different part of the country. But he said, “Every now and then, you get the appraisers that they’re very conservative and they want to bid them low because they don’t want to feel like they over appraised anything.”

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We currently have an equity loan against the house so we looked into a reverse mortgage. We originally bought our third home, so we wouldn't have to owe anything for retirement. But then, things happened to where we had to take out an equity loan. And several times a year, the interest rates were increased and at our age, we will never be able to get it paid off even if we were paying double what the bank required every month. And they kept kind of hassling us about our limited income and that we may not be renewed when it comes the time to be renewed.

We could have gone through anybody that offers a reverse mortgage but Live Well Financial was willing to give me a lump sum instead of so much a month. Their financial loan officer was good. I would call him occasionally, and ask a question or how something was going, and he was good to get back to me. He also reached out a couple of times and called back when I told him I wanted to know when something was done. Their guidance was helpful. I was happy that our home appraised for more than what I thought it was worth, and that gave us more credit in the future to pull out if we want to. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've been talking on and off with Tom, my loan officer from Live Well Financial, for about two years and he's the reason why I opted to get a reverse mortgage from them. I was tired of working all the time and had to use some of that money up. Tom was great, real helpful and a good man. Everything went like he said it would. He called me once to tell me they were going to send some of sort of an introduction package, and I've got that. He also gave me good information every time I asked him and after we got into the process, he would let me know every time something was going to happen. Then the transfer came when they said it would. I was a little disappointed in the appraisal but I understand that they don't want to get too far on them. Overall, I'm pleased with Live Well Financial.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I went online to a reverse mortgage site and then they connected me with Live Well Financial. I thought getting a reverse mortgage as part of my retirement plan would be better because we plan on just staying in our house in the long run. I've listened to a lot of stories from people, and the people from Live Well explained everything a lot better. Also, everyone from this company was professional, amiable, personable and courteous.

The reps I talked to were good as well. Frank and Angelo stayed in contact and kept everything moving pretty good. Everything was upfront and straightforward in discussing my options. I had a very good understanding but the reps clarified a lot of things that I didn't understand. We had dealt with some issues towards the end when Live Well did the appraisal, such as I had unfinished bathrooms that my wife was hounding me for 12 years to finish, and I had to finish that. So my wife is happy. I really like Live Well and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

When my parents passed away, I gave their house to my daughter and her family so they're well set for life. As for me, I live out in the woods and nobody wants to live out here but me. I've got tremendous amount of woods and pastures around me and I love it here. But I don't have anybody to leave the house to. When I saw Live Well's ad on Facebook, it was interesting and the idea of a reverse mortgage attracted me because it's part of the mortgage on my house. If somebody wants it, they can pay that off and keep the place. It will end up getting sold then that loan will be paid back and somebody will get the balance. So the reverse mortgage was the path of least resistance. Plus, I could use the money to pay off a very expensive truck I bought before I retired.

So I called Live Well and I dealt with Susan. She was very nice and she told me everything I had to do. I liked talking to her and the other young lady named Katie. They were very helpful. I also had to take some psychological test from some guy and I told him that I'm going to pay off the only debt I have on the truck with the money. But the first lady missed one or two pages when the notary came out to do the paperwork. We had to come back on the weekend and sign two more papers. Live Well paid for it, and they hired another lady to come out. But that's not that big a deal. Every now and then, a monkey will fall out of a tree. Also, every now and then, it felt like I was climbing a mountain of sand. But we eventually got the mortgage through banks, the government, and everybody that got involved. Susan and Katie went out of their way to make this work for me and I really appreciated that.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was very happy with Live Well. They helped me find contractors to do my work on my house. When my husband passed away, I lost his pension, and mine was half of his, so it wasn't very good. Getting a reverse mortgage seemed like it was going to be the right thing to do. I needed repairs on my house and I didn't see any way I was going to be able to do the repairs without that. Live Well was very nice, courteous, and knowledgeable. The people I dealt with in California and Virginia were good. They gave me a lot of reading and verbal information. I asked a lot of questions and they gave me a lot of answers. I have referred Live Well to a lot of other people.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I needed extra money so I was looking for somebody to get some information on reverse mortgages. The first company I spoke with connected me with Live Well and they seemed to be fair so I signed up with them. It's also an advantage that with Live Well, I only have to go one year to get the second part of my mortgage value while in other companies, it will take two years before I can tap into that money. I enjoyed working with their loan officers, too.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I'm 65 and I have no heirs to leave anything to, so making my house work for me will give me a little extra money. I looked up companies that do reverse mortgages. I called them, and Live Well Financial's representatives were so friendly and informative that I did not go anywhere else. I was really leary in the beginning but their attitude was so good and they were there every step of the way. I never felt like they were trying to pull anything over on me. The loan officers were awesome. They set everything up and it went through like I expected. The process took five weeks, which was really quick. And also, everything was told to me upfront so there were no surprises.

I've thought about doing the reverse mortgage for over a year, and it would work for me. I won't have to worry if I go on a vacation, get a new car or put in a new well if I needed one. I really like that I don't have to live on credit cards. And I can save over $800 a month now. Every month, when my social security comes in, I can go to the bank and pay myself instead of paying the bank. It was a wonderful experience, and I would recommend Live Well to people my age who are looking into doing what I did.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I needed things done to my house and I was convinced me that I'll be the owner if I did a reverse mortgage. So I decided to get one and I chose to do it with Live Well Financial. Chris, their rep, has been pretty good and answered all my questions. I took half of the loan with a pleasant lowest loan rate and Live Well's been great overall. But they would have been better if the people they have filing the paperwork would go over the papers with their client because compared to their salesman who's come down, these people didn't go over the whole thing with me.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I'm on a very tight income and have tried to sell my home but wasn’t able to. A reverse mortgage seemed like a good option at that time so I looked up some information about it and ended up with Live Well after calling a toll-free number I found on the phonebook. However, the loan process took a little longer than they should have, it went on for over a couple of months. There were some things that seemed strange which I didn’t understand and still don’t. Nonetheless, as a whole, the guy I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I looked over Live Well Financial's website and called them to get some information. I ended up working with David. He sent me an information packet and I went through it carefully. And it sounded like what I was looking for. He also spent a lot of time answering my questions, helped me set up an appointment with a counselor and went through that experience which was helpful. And then, he pretty much took it from there. I had very little to do other than round up a few documents. I was trying to have extra money every month since I've been retired for several years and the reverse mortgage basically took away the house note of roughly $540 a month which is if I get no raise, so it worked out very well.

The entire process took about three weeks. I thought it would be two or three months for David to do researching and credit checks but it went very quickly. I was impressed with everyone I spoke with at Live Well and the amount of information and the knowledge that they had put my mind at ease. Overall, it was a very good experience. It accomplished exactly what I was trying to accomplish with a minimum of anxiety and concern and the whole process went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend them.

Live Well Financial Company Information