4.56/5

Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Whether you are in the market for your first home or in the planning stages of retirement, Live Well Financial provides the tools you need to make the next step.

Serving consumers since 2005, we specialize in both traditional and reverse mortgages. Considering a reverse mortgage? Contact us today and begin enjoying the best of what your golden years has to offer.

Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

Live Well Financial Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Of all the re-financing events I have been involved in in the last 15 years, this one was by far the best experience in an otherwise intimidating and complex process. My lending officer assisted me greatly in the transportation of documents from me to Living Well's offices. She was also immensely helpful in answering some questions about the process and in allaying any concerns I had about compiling the documentation needed to go forward. I've always found the re-finance event to be tedious, so I really appreciate how my loan officer was able to guide me through the steps, and make what could be an ordeal into a smooth and efficient flow that went well. Thank you very, very much...

Original review: March 28, 2019

Entire experience filled with stress and misrepresentation... lies. Over whelming stress causing me a stroke and hospital and rehab. Brutal. Now, a few years later I've learned that our loan has been turned over to a collection agency. Why? Can't communicate with them. This is unbearable abuse!

Get expert buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My mother was in need of financial assistance and against everyone's advice got a reverse mortgage with this company. My mother developed cancer and wanted to ask them how we could take care of the reverse mortgage and every time we called they would say their computer systems were down and they couldn't assist us. She passed away and 3 days after she died the harassing letters started coming. They would send multiples of the same letter all telling me they were going to foreclose. We hadn't even been through probate. I mailed in all the forms they requested and court documents but they always seem to come up with something else I need to sign or fax in, all while threatening to foreclose.

The company told me I had 6 months after the date of probate to either sell or buy the home, but now a mere 2 months later they're back at it with their letters and phone calls threatening to foreclose. I had a man call me at 7 a.m on a Saturday threatening that they were starting foreclosure proceedings. When I call them their computer systems are once again down. I can't believe a financial company that deals with people's homes and money would have such a terrible computer system. Please do your homework and if you can't immediately pay the mortgage back don't stick it to your surviving family members, it's not worth it! Live Well Financial will never leave you alone even if you jump through all their hoops and send them everything. At this point my attorney will be getting involved because I don't trust a word this company tells me anymore, and I trust their computer system even less.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We paid all the charges that come with a reverse mortgage only to find out that Live Well doesn't do their homework. So all the hype worked for them and not us. The person who was all uplifting and positive then told us today tough luck. Now we are still getting billed from a company called QuickCert for $125.00. We paid dearly as people on a fixed income looking for relief. We called Live Well and they brushed us off like yesterday's dirty laundry. No room at the inn so to speak. Not happy, wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

After my wife and I agreed to an amicable split in late 2017, I realized that the only way to keep my house was to get a reverse mortgage that would allow me to cash out my wife's share of our 100% home equity. Thank God I hooked up with Lisa ** and her team! For almost 6 months, Lisa worked with me on the phone and via email. She worked tirelessly to make sure that I understood every aspect of the process and fought tirelessly to get me the absolute best terms possible. An added benefit of working with Lisa was her computer savvy, allowing us to share documents and information electronically. We completed the process in June, 2018. My now ex-wife is happy because she got her cash, I'm happy because I'm in my home and have no mortgage payment. Thank you, Lisa! You have a friend for life and if any of my friends or family ever inquire about a reverse or conventional mortgage, I'm sending them your way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Live Well Financial?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had a serious illness and we needed money to pay medical bills. My son decided that a reverse mortgage was what we needed to do. I had always been opposed to a reverse mortgage and I’m still a little nervous about it. Still, my son started it with another company and after working with the company briefly, I was not pleased. I saw an ad for Live Well, so we gave it a try. My son did most of the application process and he had the process started before I knew anything about it. The process went fine. I had a loan officer named Rick. He was excellent and a triple plus on every score. My son and I were both extremely pleased with him and he should be commended. Overall, my experience with Live Well was very good and I was very satisfied. We’ve been very pleased that we made the switch.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We wanted to take care of some medical bills that we got, but the reverse mortgage didn’t quite work out the way we thought it was going to. My husband did most of the dealing with Live Well Financial and when I was on the phone listening in on the conversation, all of the questions were directed to him. I was not even included. The loan officer could have asked for me to be on the line also instead of it just being my husband even though he was the one that did the calling to set everything up to talk to someone. They needed my signature yet, I was kinda left out of it. But later on, after I voiced my comment, I was included.

We made up our mind to do the reverse mortgage anyway, although the lump sum that we thought we were gonna get was not what we got. We didn’t get very much at all and we can’t touch anything for a year. We got $300 that we could draw out, but that was it for the year, and that was not what I was understanding. In a way, I kinda regret doing it because I feel like Live Well Financial didn’t do what they said they were going to do and they couldn’t with what we had to offer. The communication wasn’t there and my husband was not happy with it either.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Live Well Financial's term is not in line with what Congress agreed to. For example, Congress said a prospector is entitled to 50% of the valuation, but Live Well was gonna give me 25% of the valuation of the property. Then what they have there is that I can draw from the other 25%, which has nothing to do with what Congress said. I am 1000% sure because I am from New York City and my attorney in New York City has a lot to do with reverse mortgages.

The rep was tricky but very good. But the appraiser was a crook. I am not wet behind the ears when it comes to real estate. I know real estate and I was cheated. He valued the property at approximately $25,000 less than what its value was. I asked the rep if they specified for the appraiser to do such a thing. I know it can get somebody to devalue a property and corroborate. He said no, which didn’t satisfy me because I've done two valuations before since I was having a problem with the company I insured with. I also told the rep from the beginning that I was not interested in their line of credit. I have been offered a line of credit for more than 35 years and I refused every one of them. He ended up giving me a line of credit that I could draw from.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My medications add up to $1,200 a month so I got a reverse mortgage and it is making things easier. It has relieved me by almost $400 a month not going out in a mortgage. The application process at Live Well Financial was okay but I didn’t like the part where I had mountain stacks of signatures. Two of which had a stack of papers twice and five dozen signatures each time. But I’m quite pleased with the rep who assisted me and the whole thing went very well. I deemed him to be very professional, nice and very easy to do business with. I’ll be sending a copy of his card to a friend of mine who is also struggling with a lot of medical debt and big drug bills.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was looking into a reverse mortgage when Live Well Financial called me. I've looked at four different companies and I felt that Live Well was the right one. Live Well was the only one who gave me a chance. Everybody else said they would do this and that but in the end, when I did all the work and did what they asked me to do, and even paid to get an appraisal, they said, “No. We can't do this because of that.” Travis from Live Well was honest and concerned. After I talked to him that day, he got right on it, and in about three days, somebody was here to do the appraisal. It was a one-step process. When I did what he asked me to do, he was right on track. They were always nice to me. When I call and they weren't there, they return my call back. They stayed in contact with me through the process. I felt great about the guidance that they gave to me.

Live Well Financial expert review by Michele Lerner

Live Well Financial has been offering reverse mortgages and other mortgage products since 2005. It originally only served customers in Virginia, but now services mortgages and reverse mortgages across America.

• Provides HECM mortgages: All reverse mortgages are insured by the federal government and are provided according to government rules.

• Easy to navigate website: Customers looking for reverse mortgages can easily find information and/or apply online.

• Good variety of programs: There are several mortgage programs available, allowing users to find the reverse mortgage that best fits their needs.

• Information: Seniors may not be clear on what types of mortgages are available or what the terms of service are and will need to call for more information.

• No non-HECM mortgages: Seniors who are looking for anything other than the standard reverse mortgage (i.e. a home-repair reverse mortgage) may not find it.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Live Well Financial Company Information