Intercontinental Capital Group

Intercontinental Capital Group

4.3/5 (160 ratings)

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

About Intercontinental Capital Group

InterContinental Capital Group is a mortgage lender that offers traditional mortgages, mortgage refinancing and reverse mortgages. It provides personalized service through licensed mortgage experts in 46 states and Washington, D.C. The company is licensed as a Title II Mortgagee. It doesn’t provide clear rates on its website, however.

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Local licensed mortgage experts
    • No additional collateral
    • Electronic loan center

Cons

• Not available in all 50 states
    • Officers might change

Bottom Line

InterContinental Capital Group offers new home loans, refinancing options and reverse mortgages in most states. Loan officers may change during the process, but the application is simple and tailored to meet individual needs.

Intercontinental Capital Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercontinental Capital Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: July 10, 2017

I did a no cost refi and no cash-out program with InterContinental Capital Group. I had called and I spoke to one of their senior representatives. He was good and able to answer a lot of my questions. I felt confident in going with them because he was pretty knowledgeable. Most of the steps to secure my loan was electronic for documentation, but I did speak with my rep over the phone and he was very accessible. I was able to call him as soon as I got an email, or if I had questions about things, he was available. They were good in educating me and letting me make the decisions for along the way. They were able to teach me about what I was going through, about some of the benefits that I was going to inherit by using their program and about some of the things that were better for me in the long run. I'm thankful that they were able to help me. I learned a lot during the process and if I had to, I would use them again.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I got something in the mail from InterContinental Capital Group that said that my MPI was wrong and it needed to be reevaluated. I sent the letter back to them thinking that there was something really wrong but what it was was a door opened so they could talk to me about my reverse mortgage. It made me mad for a while but I continued with them because they told me there would be no closing cost, which is not necessarily true, and no brokerage fees. The house however would have to be appraised. Now they're helping me, though after I found out who they were and what they were trying to do, I started shopping alone.

The rep from InterContinental that I worked with pushed me a few times because I stalled on my reverse mortgage. I wanted to know how much I was going to get out of it and how much it was going to cost me to do it. When I did my first reverse mortgage, I got $1,500 out of a $130,000 home. This time, I had to paint the patio, which I have no idea why it needs to be painted, as well as the door and the window frame of the shed where I store the lawnmower. Then they told me after it was all over that that could have been put on or set aside. Again, I shopped that loan too.

This latest mortgage with InterContinental went a bit smoother but I still don't know why I had to do the retooling. When the appraiser came out, she found a couple of pieces of raw wood on the gable into the house, which I can't get up to. She thinks I had to have a smoke alarm in each bedroom, one in the living room, and then I had to have the carbon monoxide, which I thought was ridiculous. My house is brick and it's going to take one good heavy fire for it to burn.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I was trying the banks for a mortgage and I didn't get through. My cousin told me about InterContinental Capital Group and I was able to contact one of their people. Their loan officer was wonderful and helpful. We had to go through pages of work and credit history. It took some time though. But he accommodated us and explained everything to us. I've been able to get through with ICG quicker and the terms are better. We're still in the process of the mortgage and we have already paid our fourth mortgage. Everything is smooth, so far and I've recommended them to two persons.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I first heard of InterContinental through something they mailed me, and when they contacted me, it was the right timing for a refinance. They also made it a simple process. The rep was good, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The guidance they provided was good and helpful as well.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I talked with another mortgage company but they just seemed to drag it out and won't return calls. But Jason from InterContinental was very good at returning phone calls and answering questions which other mortgage lenders didn't seem as willing to do. He was very helpful and informative. He walked me through things every step of the way, like what would be needed and what to expect. He did an excellent job explaining things and I got a fixed rate FHA. The house-buying process can be tedious but working with InterContinental was very pleasant. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group helped me with a mortgage and everything has been good. I know the people working over there and they are really good guys. They helped me buy my home and now, they have transferred me to Wells Fargo.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I was purchasing a home and a friend of mine in real estate told me about InterContinental. It was my first time applying for a loan and I was a little bit overwhelmed. I didn't know what to expect but Tod and Nicole were very nice and professional. The application process was very good and smooth. Nicole was lovely, polite and prompt. She was so well educated and knew her stuff. Then Tod explained the interest to me and being my first time, I felt that it was fair for the amount of money that I have to put down and how everything else was. I started with them around April and then we closed the deal in June. I was able to get the FHA deal thanks to them. It was a great experience and I've recommended InterContinental to a couple of people.

Warley,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It is so important to be well informed and at ease during your first time. Thank you for trusting us and for your referral.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I've contacted several companies for refinancing and InterContinental had the best deal. I even contacted the company that I currently financed with but my mortgage payment would have still been higher than what InterContinental quoted. I had to fill out the application form and I emailed them several other things that they needed copies of, like my driver's license and social security card. Then I also talked to their rep on several occasions and when I had questions about numbers. He cleared the whole thing up as far as the refinance process. He got back to me very quickly and it was a smooth process. It went very quickly. Overall, it was a great experience and I will recommend them.

Tahara,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that we were able to offer you an informative and easy process.

Original review: July 6, 2017

A friend shared InterContinental with me and I reached out to them for a refinancing. The rep was very professional and prompt and the guidance I received was excellent. InterContinental communicated effectively and it was a smooth transition.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I knew about InterContinental Capital Group through my real estate broker. I picked them for a new home mortgage due to their rates. Their loan officers were pleasant and they did the best they could.

Original review: July 5, 2017

After I signed everything with InterContinental, they sold the note to a larger bank. It's the same way I did when I first bought the house. All the proceedings and everything took place through PrimeWest Mortgage. And PrimeWest sold my note to Bank of Oklahoma. So, I'm not currently financed with InterContinental. But I was well pleased with the overall experience. I like the fineness and honesty of the guy that I dealt with. He did everything he said he was going to do and they got the refinance done quickly.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I got a new mortgage from InterContinental after a recommendation from both of my brothers-in-law and one of my coworkers who have worked with Evan in the past. Evan was the best part of the process and I have nothing but amazing things to say about him. He's topnotch. He was the only one who was helpful and has guided me through. He made sure to explain things to me and his guidance during the whole mortgage process was perfect. He was also able to help me handle some issues from my lawyer. I want to say thank you to Evan and I'll be recommending him to everybody in the future.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I got a letter in the mail about refinancing from the InterContinental Group so I called them. I decided to do a refinancing to consolidate bills and get a lower rate. And they quoted a rate that was half a point lower. They also included all my credit cards and did all that in a reasonable time. They came back very quickly with a positive decision, and we went forward with it. Also, if I checked or emailed or called them, they usually answered promptly and responded to my texts. The guidance from them was very good. It was a pleasurable and satisfying experience. I would recommend InterContinental Capital Group.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I was buying a home, filled something out on the internet, and then somebody contacted me about a mortgage. They put me in contact with InterContinental Group. I started working with Jason who went above and beyond. He made himself accessible all the time and would always answer the phone. He stayed in contact with me for a long time. He texted me last week to see if everything was going okay. He told me what I needed to do and how I needed to do it, so they could everything approved. He even called to follow up which he really didn't have to do because his job was done, but he did.

We've been moved in for two and a half months now. If it were not for him, I wouldn't have gotten what we got. I also worked with Laura from the processing department. She even contacted me when she was on vacation and told me what was going on. They were really helpful. It took about nine months for the process to take but that was because the home we bought was a short sale. There were also two other banks involved with the previous owner's mortgage and those banks had to approve everything. One bank would approve something, then something would expire and we had to go back and get re-approval, so it was the previous owner's banks that held that process up. I would recommend InterContinental to anyone. They were great, very personable, and they took the time to treat you like a person, and not just a number.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I refinanced my FHA loan with InterContinental Capital. They mailed me some info and it was one of the first offers and a streamlined program so I went ahead. I asked my realtor if it was a good call and he said yes. The application process was a little bit difficult but not all that bad. They gave me most of the information ahead of time and the rep was excellent. Everything was good.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I got a new mortgage with InterContinental Capital Group. It could have been better with lower interest rates but I'm satisfied. The reps were easily accessible and readily answered all of my questions.

Original review: July 1, 2017

The people at InterContinental were very knowledgeable, helpful, understanding and I especially like their professionalism. They definitely know what they are doing. Their interest rate is fair and my mortgage came in after three months.

Davon,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. Thank you for leaving a review for us. We pride ourselves on superior customer service, so I am happy to hear you had such a good experience.

Dustin DiMisa, CEO

Original review: June 30, 2017

I met ICG through a friend of mine and got four mortgages through them in the last year and a half. They’ve all been conventional 20% down typical property mortgage and the interest rates have always been great. I have rental properties so when I get rentals, I use ICG. Everything is extremely easy with them. They keep in touch with me the whole time from start to finish and the interactions are always pleasant. I can pop up in their office at any time and not even tell them I’m coming because sometimes I don’t even know I’m going. Sometimes I’ll be in the area and drop by. They’ll stop whatever they’re doing and sit and talk with me. It’s been a great experience with ICG and I’ll never use anybody else. I’d recommend everybody to them.

Donald,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. I cannot thank you enough for your kind review and for your business. It is the greatest compliment to receive a repeat client and I am glad we have been able provide you with outstanding service.

Dustin Dimisa, CEO

Original review: June 29, 2017

We were being charged too much MPI by our previous mortgage company so we decided to refinance with InterContinental for a lower rate. The lady that I talked with did the refinance and she was nice and polite. She explained everything to us and how much we will be saving. They were good and everything went smoothly.

Original review: June 12, 2017

One of the nicest companies I have ever done business with. Was willing to go out of the way to make sure our outcome was a good one. Always there to assist with questions and to help with what they could.

Grayling,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I'm the CEO of ICG. I want to thank you for writing such a kind review. We pride ourselves on customer service and I am happy we were able to help you with your loan.

Original review: June 12, 2017

My experience with ICG was very satisfying. They did everything as promised. They got me a reverse mortgage when other companies were unable to. They were very professional, knowledgeable and handled everything in a timely manner. My particular situation had some problems, but they were able to overcome them. I think ICG is certainly one of the best companies available to help people who not only want, but truly NEED a reverse mortgage. I already have and will recommend ICG to anyone needing their services.

John,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you so much for taking some time to write a review. I am so happy we were able to assist you in getting the help that you needed and that you trusted us to get the job done. We truly appreciate the kind words and any referrals you have given.

Dustin DiMisa, CEO

Original review: June 8, 2017

My experience getting a reverse mortgage was a very good one, because of Robert **. Robert ** made this complicated process seem easy and uncomplicated. He handled all the details in a most professional way. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of the reverse mortgage. He was always available to answer any question I had. I will definitely recommend Robert ** to my friends and family.

Rivka,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I am glad we were able to provide a smooth and painless process for you.

Original review: June 7, 2017

All aspects of the loan process were thoroughly explained and expertly handled. The entire staff, from our sales consultant, Mr. ** to the funding coordinator, Mr. ** were knowledgeable, direct and effective; producing the desired result in a most expert manner. You have our thanks.

Jess,

My name is Dustin DiMisa and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. I know that spending time writing a review takes time. Because of consumers like you, we can attract more customers to give a similar experience in home loan finance. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share with other potential customers your view of the home loan process with our company.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My experience with your firm was fantastic! The people were exceptional, very client focused and a pleasure to work with. I have already spoke highly of your firm to my friends and colleagues and would anticipate there should be more business coming your way in the future. Thanks for all your help in getting this put in place for my mom.

Peter,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. I am so happy we were able to help your mom with her home loan needs. Referrals are the biggest form of success a mortgage company can achieve. It means we did a great job and you trust us with your friends and family. Thank you so much for the review and the potential future business.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I recommend ICG to anyone looking to do a reverse mortgage. My mother had a traditional line of credit from her bank, and she was getting killed by the rate and the payments that she had to make back to the bank. Rob helped me refinance her into the reverse mortgage and it truly was a big help. It has been 8 months and whenever I have a question they are there to answer them.

Phyliss,

My name is Dustin Dimisa, and I'm the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. I am happy to hear we were able to help your mom. The reverse mortgage process can be confusing and scary. I am happy to hear Rob and his team we able to offer her the benefits of a reverse mortgage and take her out of her high interest rate loan situation. Thank you for the review and your family's business.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My experience with Ron ** was great. He was very professional and clearly explained the Reverse Mortgage process. Mr. ** thoroughly answered all my questions and always promptly returned my phone calls. I would definitely recommend Ron ** and ICG.

Margaret,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I'm the CEO of ICG. Thank you so much for writing a review. Open and punctual communication is so important when doing business, especially in our industry. I am glad we were able to help service your home loan needs.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I decided to refinance my reverse mortgage due to a higher appraised value of my home. The person assisting me was able to facilitate many aspects of the process in a timely manner. He was very accessible as we had to have numerous phone conversations regarding the refi.

Steven,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. Thank you for taking the time to write the review and trusting us for your reverse mortgage. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send us a quick note.

Original review: June 6, 2017

My experience with InterContinental Capital Group was an excellent one. The people there had an answer for any question I asked and nearly held my hand through the process. They were understanding when I was unsure if this is the right thing to do, they explained the process completely. They would answer every call immediately to answer my questions and always let me know what Needed to help along the process. I would definitely recommend my friends and family and anyone else who is considering a Reverse Mortgage to use them as they are a great company.

Cynthia,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. We participate with Consumer Affairs to share with other consumers insights into how we do business. It is exciting to see from the leadership team from the company point of view how we help people like yourself achieve your home loan needs. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Receiving this reverse mortgage was so much easier than I thought! Robert ** made everything easy, giving me the red carpet treatment, walking me through the entire process, making sure I knew everything going on with my loan at all times and making me feel comfortable and safe while getting into the program. He made me understand how this will benefit me now and for the future. Moving forward I can say I chose the right company with ICG and extremely happy I was with Rob. He is the BEST!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I had such a great experience working with Robert ** of ICG. I was running out of money and living off of only 800 a month from Social Security. Rob walked me through step by step to get the deal done and I am so grateful. I heard a ton of horror stories about reverses but Rob made sure I was in the right product. Just like there are bad doctors and lawyers there are bad mortgage banks. But Rob is truly a great banker. It has been over 1 year since we closed and we still keep in touch. Anytime I have a question he is there for me. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of help.

Intercontinental Capital Group Company Information