Intercontinental Capital Group

Intercontinental Capital Group

4.3/5 (160 ratings)

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

About Intercontinental Capital Group

InterContinental Capital Group is a mortgage lender that offers traditional mortgages, mortgage refinancing and reverse mortgages. It provides personalized service through licensed mortgage experts in 46 states and Washington, D.C. The company is licensed as a Title II Mortgagee. It doesn’t provide clear rates on its website, however.

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Local licensed mortgage experts
    • No additional collateral
    • Electronic loan center

Cons

• Not available in all 50 states
    • Officers might change

Bottom Line

InterContinental Capital Group offers new home loans, refinancing options and reverse mortgages in most states. Loan officers may change during the process, but the application is simple and tailored to meet individual needs.

Intercontinental Capital Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercontinental Capital Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: July 20, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group contacted me a couple of years ago when I was looking for a mortgage and they were the most interested in truly helping me get a mortgage than the others. They made everything very easy and when push came to shove and my mortgage had to get approved or I was going to lose the house within 48 hours, they made it all happen. Also, the representatives were good and very helpful. They were not the absolute most responsive people I've ever worked with, but they were responsive when they needed to be. I wish their rates were a little bit lower but overall, it was a good experience. I would look to them again if I ever want to refinance and I would tell my friends to give them a try.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I needed some money to pay my extra loan for my credit card company. A guy called me on the internet and gave me all these offers. And so, I decided to go for the mortgage plan. I had no problem with the loan officer and everything was good. Overall, it was a good experience to refinance with InterContinental.

Golam,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I'm the CEO of ICG. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to know you had a quick and painless refinance experience with us and that we were able to help you with your loan.

Original review: July 19, 2017

The seller’s broker had used InterContinental Capital Group before. And because they were afraid of how the appraisal would turn out, they wanted us to use ICG. The loan we got was a first time home purchase. I had worked with their loan officer Matthew. He was good, courteous and professional. He seemed very knowledgeable too. He explained everything and was responsive to emails and any questions. ICG provided me all the information I needed. They were helpful. If someone would ask me about them, I’d tell them that ICG is good, but they should double check their paperwork.

Original review: July 19, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group said they could do our mortgage within 45 days at the most. We went with a 30-year fixed mortgage. However, the application process took longer than anybody expected. Their rep Michael started the loan. Scott took over and then Michael came back in on the phone because I said, “No, we're not going to go that way because it's taking way too long. Just send me the appraisal.” Michael talked me into it and said, “Well, you're getting two months no payments.” Michael also told me that he would pay the appraisal in six months if we decided to redo the mortgage. He sent that through email for me because I said I want that in writing if he's going to do that. But that’s all he did. He said ICG could get it cheaper in six months too.

I made May payment and then we were supposed to have June and July off. But then ICG started calling. The two months off didn’t happen, so I sent the payment off for July. ICG should stay with their word about the two months no payments because when they tell somebody that they would get that, that’s what the customer is expecting. Their rep Jason has been a big help, though. He had called and he said the late payment wouldn’t count against our credit because of the misunderstanding of what we were told. Also, the lady who came said she’d give me copies of the papers where my husband signed for the loan. Jason said they're on their way by FedEx. They take way too long and they didn’t do what they said they're going to do.

Original review: July 19, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group refinanced my house and the rates were very competitive. There was a lot of redundancies and they kept calling back asking for a different set of criteria. That was a pain in the neck during the application process and there was an issue of them losing our paperwork. I'm self-employed so then I had to get business information. Then, I had to resend it which I wasn't really happy with because I had my financials on it. It was a difficult and very tedious process. We went through more rigmarole doing this when we actually purchased the home. But, they were friendly.

Original review: July 19, 2017

InterContinental was recommended through a friend of mine. In went with them because there's the ability to be able to turn things around and the ability to push the paperwork. I had a set time that we needed to purchase the property in and the traditional banks take a lot longer. I was traveling as well, so I needed certain things to be done within a specific time frame. The loan officer was excellent and was on top. He has all the paperwork ahead of time and made sure that I provided the things before starting the process. He was also good at following up and he ensured that he always sends follow up emails to make sure that I receive the items and I understood the next steps. I've done this before with other loan officers and he added a personal touch to it, so that makes it a lot better. It was a great experience and it was great working with him. Overall, it was a quick turnaround and very personalized. It's like having your own personal banker.

Original review: July 19, 2017

When I called InterContinental Capital Group and we went over it, the lady was all right so we went for it. I really love the officer's personality. He was great to talk to and deal with, very open and considerate about everything. Also, they've always responded and that's why I had a pleasant experience. It was good overall and everything went well.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I went with InterContinental for a new mortgage. The loan officer, Venee, was amazing and very helpful with everything. Their guidance was good, too. They were upfront and forward about everything and they were on target with estimates. It was less than three months from the time we got and accepted the offer to the time we were at the closing table, which was amazing because we did an FHA mortgage. My overall experience was very pleasant. It was a smooth transition from lending to owning because of them. I've started referring people that I work with who were starting the home buying process to InterContinental.

Original review: July 18, 2017

The InterContinental Capital Group was what my mortgage broker picked for me, so that's what I went with. Everything has been pretty smooth. They were good in getting the paperwork and everything needed done quickly.

Vincent,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. Thank you for your review and for trusting in us. A quick and painless process is what we strive to continuously offer.

Original review: July 18, 2017

InterContinental did a really good job and all was very smooth and well when we refinanced our house. It was very easy to file the paperwork. The representative gave me the list, which I had on my email. It was in writing where I wouldn’t lose it. Then, I was able to scan it and send it to him also via email. Everything was just done quickly and easily. I didn’t have to go anywhere or go out of my way. It was just all right here at my fingertips. Their quality of service was good and my overall experience was excellent. It was stress-free.

Original review: July 18, 2017

One of the representatives that works with InterContinental used to work at a different bank. When I went to do the refinance, it went InterContinental's way. Everything was quick and straightforward. Everything went great and I now have a lower rate.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Somebody from InterContinental Capital Group called me and started talking about refinancing. Their rep gave me an offer and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy because I’ve been told one thing and then something else happened. I had an issue with the escrow money and their rep told me that I’ll be keeping my escrow money. But after everything got signed, I was told that I was supposed to mail the escrow money back to the company. That was the biggest confusion. Overall, my experience has not been good but it was not bad either.

Original review: July 17, 2017

My experience with InterContinental Capital Group has been excellent. I'm self-employed so it's harder to find people willing to go the extra step and get transactions done. Wells Fargo referred me to Carlos from ICG and I've always used him for everything, like getting my credit score up and telling me who I need to talk to get any type of delinquencies on my credit off my record. He was always helpful and everything went smooth. He told me everything I needed to do and things came out exactly how I wanted it to come out. I didn't shop around for other rates because I trust him. He was able to do it a previous time for me and I didn't see why he couldn't do it again. He's a really good guy and he does a great job.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I initially had the mortgage with another bank which my lawyer recommended but their fees were very high. InterContinental was referred by a friend and had better rates so I switched over to them. And when I did, the rates and the closing cost dropped significantly and I ended up saving a lot of money in my mortgage. They’re a great company and their rates are better than others. Everything was fast with their customer service and their reps were very helpful. Making whatever payment is hard but any scenario and the different options I had were clearly explained to me. Then they left it all up to me to decide. I’d recommend them to everybody.

They were also guiding me in choosing a service provider which I’m allowed to shop for. They told me that I got better prices but my lawyer was inflating the rates by almost a couple thousand dollars. When I tried to go back to my lawyer with this, he got furious. He was trying to make a commission out of me and wanted to make an extra $5,000 by choosing the regional lender that he recommended. I was going to file a complaint against him but I didn’t at the last minute. I was so close to closing and for me to go and switch to another lawyer would have cost me money. He also added lawyer fees so I paid him a lot more money.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I get the mortgage with the house. I've never bought one before and I went through InterContinental Capital Group. Their rep was excellent. He was looking out for me and did all the stuff. Also, they guided me through and got in the insurance for the house. They did their best and and within three weeks, I already closed on the house so it was fast. Use them. They're good people and if you are qualified, they will do their best for you.

Original review: July 16, 2017

My lawyer and my mortgage broker went with InterContinental Capital Group for my new mortgage. The loan officer and I connected through voicemail, speaking on the phone, and at his office. I trusted him because I've been through a lot of serious personal issues and was hoping that someone would guide me in the right direction. A family member knows him as well. I felt that the loan officer helped me out.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I received a document through the mail from InterContinental Capital Group about reducing PMI. I was interested in refinancing my property and wanted to get rid of my Property Mortgage Insurance all together. I faxed them a copy of my documentation and they called me back about a week later and that's where we started the whole process. I spoke to Mike and he was excellent in his customer service and demeanor. He extended the courtesy of a phone call and didn't sound like a used car salesman. He took the time to speak to me very thoroughly, addressed all my concerns and questions and I decided to do it with him because most of the other people that I spoke to on the phone seemed like they were out to make a buck.

There's a difference between addressing a client and speaking to a client about business. There's a right and wrong way and I felt Mike addressed me in the right way. Mike would let me talk, which was very important because the second gentleman that I worked with, Robert, would cut me off every two seconds and he wasn't efficient. He tried to explain over the top of my head, but didn't understand that when dealing with the general public he has to let the client speak because a lot of times, the client would not know specifics and he would just assume that he knew. He's also very quick in his dialogue and a very fast talker. He would have to slow down a little bit because the client would be more receptive to want to do business with him.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed that they were not able to get me out of PMI, based on the streamline program that they had. I was $4,000 away from being at the 80-20 mark, where I have 20 percent invested in my home, that's why they couldn't do it. But if within a year, f I'll be able to pay off that $4,000 and be over the 20 percent mark, and, God-willing, I'll be able to refinance again so that way I can save $230 a month. But I got 100 bucks less and I got to skip one month on mortgage payment when I refinanced. I also have a fixed 4 percent interest rate vs. 6 percent, so that was great. Overall, they're knowledgeable and efficient.

Original review: July 15, 2017

A friend who works in the mortgage business told us about ICG and we did a refinance on rate and term with them. Everything went great with the loan officer. The guidance was thorough and the options were pretty cut and dry and clear to me. But the application process was way more thorough than it was when I bought my house. It's a little disturbing on how much stuff they ask for nowadays as opposed to 20 years ago, even with a house with a lot of equity in it. Other than that, it was fine and I just had to gather up all the stuff on my end. It's not every day I do a mortgage but it was easier to buy a house when I was 20 than to refi at 45. The whole process took about four months and any hold-ups were on my end with some paperwork that I had to get from my accountant. As a whole, they've been professional and it was a pleasure to do business with them.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I refinanced my home with InterContinental. We communicated on a daily basis until the closing. Their customer service was efficient, I got answers right away and I was guided excellently. They had a plan in place and they executed it. I recommended InterContinental to my parents, they're closing this week. And my aunt is also going to close with them.

Carey,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. I cannot thank you enough for your kind review and for the referrals you made to your family to work with our company. I am glad we were able to provide you with outstanding service.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I talked to InterContinental Capital Group to refinance my property and lower my interest rate. Their reps were kind and courteous and everything was great. They know what they are doing and gave me everything I needed.

Ethan,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. Thank you for the kind review, and we hope to work with you again in the future.

Original review: July 14, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group seemed to have a better price and better interest rate. I refinanced with them the FHA loan that I had. The loan officer gave me all the information that I needed. Most of the time I dealt with her through email and the guidance I got was informative. The process took a couple of weeks and my experience with the company has been pretty painless.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I used InterContinental to get my loan approved because my friends told me they were great. The whole process took seven months because the house had an issue but it had nothing to do with the loan. We just had to fix the issue with the house. But I had a good experience and I received good guidance. My loan officer was very helpful. I would call him and he would help me with any questions or any concerns that I had. I would definitely recommend them to someone else just as my friends recommended them.

Original review: July 13, 2017

InterContinental helped us out with a lot of things. They explained properly whatever we have to do and they told us whatever we needed as new homeowners. I really like them and I'll tell people to go there and meet them. It was a good experience and I was satisfied overall.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I had Intercontinental Capital Group help me with a streamline refinance. They sent me a letter in the mail about a streamline mortgage and how I was eligible for it. I didn’t like the idea of paying so much PMI. When I purchased my property, the mortgage company told me that I needed to make a deadline to have the PMI taken off our property once the value got into 80% to 20% value to what we owed. They misled me at that time, and I think they just didn't know that it had to be from the original purchase price, and not the value of the property. So, even though our property went up about $70,000 in value, they still went off the original purchase price for the 80-20. It was a big factor to have my PMI reduced.

Intercontinental Capital Group told me they could do it. I asked them if I would get the same interest rate and they told me that they were not allowed to do that if they can't keep the original rate. It sounded good and I asked them for more information. We talked back and forth and I sent things like access to credit reports. I was with one man first and he was really good. He was a nice guy and explained everything. He then ended up referring me to the main mortgage counselor who took over from that point and he was also very good and knowledgeable. I had a few questions, called them and they were able to answer it right there on the spot.

My PMI was reduced more than half and I didn’t have to show value or any appraisal. And I still kept the same interest rate. Also, I did not have to pay July mortgage because the new mortgage didn’t start until August 1st. That was a benefit which helped to defray some of the costs of closing. My mortgage payments also have gone down considerably starting in August over what I was paying before.

But I noticed that my mortgage reverted back to 30 years, when I only had 26 years left. They explained that from the beginning and told me how that should not affect me because I probably won’t be here for another 30 years. It’s still was beneficial to go this route. One thing I was surprised with was that I never made my first payment to them. It got sold to another company before I even made my first payment.

Original review: July 12, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group was easy to talk to, explained everything and made the process of getting a loan simple. They responded on the weekend and my interaction with them was more than I thought I would get. They did everything they could to help me and the guidance I received was great. I’m a first-time home buyer and I was impressed with the way the representative was able to break everything down, including the parts that I didn’t understand. I would highly recommend InterContinental and would tell a friend to go for it.

Original review: July 12, 2017

We got a new mortgage from InterContinental Capital after they were suggested by my uncle. They did the best that they could and we had it done in the end. However, as a whole, InterContinental can be a little bit more organized. There was some miscommunication that led to some stress to my family. They would tell me one thing and then they would communicate another thing to someone else in my family involved in the loan. Then they wouldn't notify me and vice versa. They were so fast-paced. But we were able to figure it out and it's fine now. I was happy with what we got.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I got an FHA mortgage with InterContinental and my loan officer was a great help. This was my first time buying a house and he walked me through every step of the way. He broke down the phases we would go through and all the documents required. There was constant communication and he was always available and returned my calls or text messages within minutes. He made the whole process a lot simpler for me.

Original review: July 11, 2017

InterContinental helped me with a new mortgage. The guy I dealt with, Scott, was very helpful and good at what he does. He was very responsive, easy to get a hold of and would go out of his way to help you.

Cathy,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us, and I am happy to hear that we were able to help you with your mortgage.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I refinanced with InterContinental Group and their people were fine. Whenever the underwriter needed clarification, I would provide the information. The obligation process was very grueling. It had all kinds of different things but they helped me through it. One time, I wanted to cancel three times because they were asking lots of things but I was able to sit down with them. It had something to do with bank regulation and they made me understand why they were asking the information they needed. It was an FHA loan and it was a requirement and they need all kinds of control. They helped me through the whole process with the things I needed to release, my taxes, my job and my bank account. They were very helpful and it was a very expedient and smooth process. It took three months to do which I thought was good.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I received a letter from InterContinental in the mail and I was looking to refinance my FHA loan. They returned calls pretty quickly so it was good. I was also able to do the electronic signatures and everything worked out easily. They were able to help me get a lower percentage rate, which was lower than my payments. I'd recommend them.

Intercontinental Capital Group Company Information