Intercontinental Capital Group

Intercontinental Capital Group

4.3/5 (160 ratings)

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

About Intercontinental Capital Group

InterContinental Capital Group is a mortgage lender that offers traditional mortgages, mortgage refinancing and reverse mortgages. It provides personalized service through licensed mortgage experts in 46 states and Washington, D.C. The company is licensed as a Title II Mortgagee. It doesn’t provide clear rates on its website, however.

Find Reverse Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Local licensed mortgage experts
    • No additional collateral
    • Electronic loan center

Cons

• Not available in all 50 states
    • Officers might change

Bottom Line

InterContinental Capital Group offers new home loans, refinancing options and reverse mortgages in most states. Loan officers may change during the process, but the application is simple and tailored to meet individual needs.

Intercontinental Capital Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercontinental Capital Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: July 31, 2017

I did a refinance with InterContinental. It was just picked for me but their loan officer was okay. So far, I'm satisfied with the experience.

Regina,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you for your review and I am glad we were able to satisfy your home loan needs.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I was buying a new home and InterContinental Capital Group was the most willing out of the companies I spoke with to work with my situation. My husband is going through the immigration process right now and I have to qualify on my own so, it was complicated but the loan officer was great. He was good about getting back to me with all the answers immediately. If I sent him an email, he would call me. He was also very personable. So, I had a good experience with my loan process. It was an eight-week process and it wasn’t too bad. But I was a little bit perturbed at the end because they didn’t continue to hold the loan. They sell them to other companies which I wasn’t aware of. If I knew about it, I might have changed my mind. I ended up with Ditech versus InterContinental Capital but I haven’t had any problems with the transition to the new company. Overall, I had a good experience with ICG.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I had my first loan with InterContinental so I decided to finance it back and do it again with them. My loan officer and I work well together. I’ve known him for 6 years now and he's very pleasant, very fast, and knowledgeable. Overall, everything was very smooth. Whenever I'm to sell or whatever I'm going to do, I'm going to use them again.

Rachelle,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. I cannot thank you enough for your review and for using our services again. The greatest compliment we can receive is a repeat customer. Thank you for being apart of the ICG family.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Our mortgage broker referred us to InterContinental Group for a home purchase. German, the representative, was good and he worked hard in getting us the mortgage. He was always available and would answer questions right away and text questions back. If I have any questions, I could always text him and email him and he’d respond right away. He really pushed hard to move things through. It took four months to finalize the loan. The mortgage company itself and the person doing the loan messed up our paperwork the last minute. We had to adjourn our closing session one time. But it wasn’t German’s fault.

Original review: July 29, 2017

The rep that I had, wanted to take InterContinental Group so I got a new mortgage from them and they did a good job. I had excellent interactions with their loan officer and they also gave excellent guidance in discussing my options and making the decision. So far, it’s been an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 29, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group gave me the best offer for refinancing. Sometimes I felt rushed during the interaction with the loan officer. He was busy. He tried to give us details on every single step of the process but he talked so fast. I wasn’t rushed to finish the process but there are a lot of details that not many people understand when you apply for a loan. With all these points in each section in the loan agreement, sometimes you’re not able to read everything, so we have questions. And then he has to go back and forth. He laid out for us that we are going to have to pay a specific amount of money at the end when we sign up which was fine. We already decided on the APR in the beginning and it's the same. But adding up the fees, cost at the end and the monthly payment was more than I thought it would be. I should have paid more attention to the details that he provided us.

There is an issue also about the escrow account because there is another title holder group. The new investor that has the loan now is going to be paying the escrow payment. There is another group that has the title or had the title before the new investor takes over. They’re already going to another escrow payment and I was sent a check by the initial investor for the amount of the money that was in the old escrow account.

ICG called me and they told to forward the check and authorize it to them because it’s in my name. I told them I already cashed the check and I’m going to send it to the new investor because they now have the loan. They need to make the escrow payment, so I deposited the check in my escrow account. Now there are two payments going to go out according to ICG, one from the new investor and one from this title holder group. When the payment is returned, it’s going to be reimbursed to the other group. It’s all settled now so we’ll see.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I had a deal with InterContinental Capital Group in the past and I was happy, so I refinanced with them this time. Their application process was good compared to others. The representative made it easier. I would recommend InterContinental so far.

Original review: July 28, 2017

We've been looking for a home for a year and a half where we almost had some people, whether it's a banker or realtor, talking down to us in a sense where it felt like we couldn't ask them any questions. There wasn't anything like that from the InterContinental rep so we were very comfortable. He was very responsive and prompt in terms of getting back to us so it was good. It was something that was important to us. It's a situation that they couldn't go wrong. InterContinental is a company who is responsive and they know what they're talking about. We signed everything electronically online and we had guidance through the process and what we would expect, any documents we needed to submit and it went on until we closed it. They seem very knowledgeable and there was a process from beginning down to the end.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Applying with InterContinental Capital Group was simple for the most part. They helped me every step of the way, so it was straightforward. We got everything done in timely fashion and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I decided to call InterContinental Capital Group to see what it was about and they were very straightforward. They could tell you everything. I have not been in my house a whole year and usually you're not able to refi within that amount of time but they could do a streamline refinance with hardly any closing cost, no appraisal and no income to debt ratio. The application process was totally easy and I closed within three weeks. They sent a notary out to my house within the first few days to do all the application work, took it back with them, I did one DocuSign on the website and then within two and a half weeks the notary came out with the loan documents.

The loan officer was awesome. Everybody always says how they have to send the documents over and over again and I never had to. I submitted the documents to the loan officer once, he had them and we did everything by either email and phone calls. And as soon as he'd email me something, he'd call to explain it and we didn't have to do too much. He was very pleasant and straightforward. He broke down to me what I'm gonna be paying, he knew what he was talking about and he gave me a huge credit. I would never usually work with somebody all the way in New York. That's kind of scary but he gave me a good feeling. I would tell my friends to call them and try it. InterContinental Capital Group have honest staff and I'm very pleased with the service.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I sold my home in New York and bought this home in Connecticut. I went online looking for a mortgage, and Eve of the InterContinental Capital Group called me and discussed everything. Everybody was helpful. They tried to help me each and every way because I had a hard time getting a mortgage. Eve tried his best and did a great job. He walked me through everything step by step and explained it all to me. The whole process took me six months. It would have taken me two months, but I didn't get everything in time due to my end of it. But everything was great as far as faxing and communication. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend a friend. They’re very helpful people.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I had a good experience with InterContinental Capital Group. I got a regular mortgage from them. I filled out the application and they were very helpful. I asked them if I had any problems and they explained it. All of our interactions have been positive. They make getting a mortgage simple. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I got a mortgage loan from InterContinental and went with them because of their bureau rating. The application process went very smooth. I liked their professionalism, their timing, and how they got things done. I didn't have to give them the same thing over and over again. This is not my first mortgage, so I appreciated dealing with them. The representative got the job done quickly, and everything was taken care of in about two months. Mortgage was achieved and it was a good experience. I would recommend them to friends looking for a mortgage.

Original review: July 26, 2017

We refinanced to get a lower interest rate and InterContinental Capital Group was the bank they gave us. I had a couple come out and we did paperwork at my house. They didn’t take a lot of time. I’ve only paid one payment to InterContinental Capital Group so far but it was easy. I can call and pay my house payment over the phone without any extra charge, whereas most places charge extra.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I’m a first time home buyer and my brother who owns a real estate company put me through InterContinental Capital Group. My interaction with the loan officer went smooth. The guidance I received was also good. I wouldn't mind a lower interest rate but it is what it is. Overall, it was a professional experience and I’d recommend InterContinental Capital Group.

Original review: July 25, 2017

InterContinental offered a good rate so we refinanced with them. They also made the application process very easy for us. My husband and I work and it was very easy to talk to them on the phone and do email. The loan officer was very friendly too. He explained everything very thoroughly and quickly responded to my calls, texts and emails. My husband speaks mainly Spanish and the loan officer was able to explain everything to him in Spanish as well. I would recommend InterContinental Capital Group to friends and let them know that InterContinental has a very helpful and friendly staff.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The InterContinental Capital Group sent me a letter and I didn't know that was for refinancing because it had information on it about different things that I was eligible to do. They didn't send me a chat to ask if it was for a refinancing and there was no name of the bank in the letter. But their rep, Doug, was very nice and told me it's not going to cost me anything, so I said I wanted to try that. I applied for a regular mortgage and everything was done over the phone. They asked me for whatever they needed to know and I don't do too much things on the computer but my son helped me. They printed, faxed and sent some papers through the internet and we looked at them. Doug explained everything, I was in touch with him all the time and I was satisfied.

But when the time came for the closing and they said the notary public will come to my house to sign up the closing papers, they did not tell me in advance that I had to have money ready for that. A day or two before, Doug told me that I got to have a check for a hundred and some dollars and the name of the check was to the lawyer’s firm name. When the guy came in for signing the papers, I called Doug again and asked what the check was for and he said it was part of my escrow. I gave the check then everything was okay. I was very happy with InterContinental and they were very nice with me. But I don’t know why they sold my loan to Wells Fargo a few days after securing it. Then Wells Fargo sent me a letter saying I was with them now, that I didn’t have to worry about anything and that I had to send the check to them.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I did a refinance with InterContinental because of the offer of lower payment and my wife. I initially got a letter in the mail from them and it sounded like the best rates. The application was easy, except I didn't realize that I was basically buying the house again. So I didn't know that it would be that much paperwork. The entire process took a week and it seemed quick. There was a lot of information that I probably could have gotten together faster on my end but everything moved really fast. The mortgage broker was really on it.

The loan officer was professional and courteous. He gave me his office and cellphone numbers and anytime I needed to get a hold of him, he was there. He answered all my questions although he kept using his metaphor of bringing less to the table though and it kept throwing me off. Then I would just keep asking him what he meant. He also talked super fast and everything was really confusing. I would ask him to explain something and it was hard for me to understand.

In summary, it was surprisingly fast. It went from just something we're talking about to actually happening. Everything went smoothly, even with the notaries that they provided. It was convenient and I never had to do anything out of the house. The loan officer said we could back out at any time and I asked if he was sure because we've already had a notary but then, it was done. They said I had a few days to change my mind, but all I had to was sign. All in all, it worked out and it actually helped us get on top of some of our bills by not having to pay mortgage for that month.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I ended up buying a single-family home but when I first started looking, I was interested in buying a multi-family home. InterContinental was more lenient on giving me an FHA loan on a multi-family which is why I initially chose them, and then I liked the representative too so I stuck with them. The application process wasn’t difficult. They were also very helpful for me to understand everything, and answered all my questions. My attorney wasn’t so great, and he was very helpful to pick up the slack to help me understand everything that my lawyer really should have been helping me understand. And my lawyer went radio silent for a couple of weeks, and he helped advised me to push it along on my own since my attorney was non-existent. They were helpful through the whole process in helping me understand my options and all the terminology and what everything was.

The closing got prolonged because the first appraisal came in low and some repair stuff, but no fault of the mortgage company. It took quite a bit longer than it was originally supposed to but that was out of everyone’s control. And he was able to help me find a second appraiser and advised me on negotiating the price down to get the appraisal value. The experience was very helpful and professional. They went above and beyond to help me out as this is my first time purchasing a home.

Original review: July 24, 2017

The InterContinental Group was great, while their competitors sucked. Applying was quick and easy. It took less than a month and wasn't a lot of paperwork. The reps were on it, and the one I worked with got it done quickly. I would tell a friend to go with them and get refinancing.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I had a very good experience with InterContinental Capital Group. They were more straightforward and honest. The loan was executed correctly. The loan officer handled it in a very professional manner and was very prompt. Their staff were also very supportive and understanding. I got all the help I needed and everything was very smooth. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I was directed to InterContinental Capital Group by my realtor about my FHA 203K construction loan for my first home. Their representative had good communication and kept me up to date and was pretty clear on what was all needed to get the loan processed. Meanwhile, the loan officer was confident and quick to respond to questions. I had no problems with them. If my friend is considering them to finance their loan with, I would say it is a good choice.

Original review: July 23, 2017

A co-worker who had done business with InterContinental prior told me about them. And when I was looking around for different entities to refinance with, they offered the rate and flexibility I was looking for. They also have great customer service and product choices. Their reps were knowledgeable and prompt in getting back to me although offering products I was not looking for. But I had many questions and they got back to me trying to address any concerns I may have. Also, there were different levels of folks that were able to address my concerns and I didn't feel like I dealt with just one person. The experience I had was satisfactory and I would recommend InterContinental to a friend.

Original review: July 22, 2017

When we bought the home, we had to borrow money from our bank but our interest was very high. And then I received a letter in my home from InterContinental and I replied to it. After that, Miguel called me. He was very nice and he was the one who helped us with the refinance. He told me that we can do a lower rate. He sent us emails and if we got questions, he was very able to answer all. We speak Spanish and he does, too, so it was very easy. Even though we live in Riverview, the person did the closing in Orlando so that was also easy and nice. I was the one who did all the documentation for the house and overall, my experience with InterContinental was very good. I'm very grateful for all their help.

Meliza,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you so much for leaving us a review for us. It is great to hear that we were able offer you a better deal as well as accommodate all of your needs to ensure a smooth and easy process.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Our daughter-in-law told us about InterContinental Capital Group and we did a real conventional mortgage with them. The application process was a piece of cake and very easy to understand. Everything was straightforward and it went smoothly. The officer and the rep we worked with were both excellent and very on top of things. If we call them with any questions, they got back to us right away and they followed through. We were well-taken care of and they were totally hands-on. They made sure that we were aware of everything we signed and everything that was going on. We were very pleased with their professionalism and how quickly they got things done. It was phenomenal and we would highly recommend others to use InterContinental.

Original review: July 22, 2017

A real estate friend of mine gave me InterContinental Capital Group's name so I reached out to them. Their customer service was perfect but I felt that my application took a little long because of the problems that I was running into. My credit was not dead but I sold the house back in 2012 and I didn’t want to build up any credit anymore. But I had no choice and I had to get out the credit again.

InterContinental also needed some papers in the bank. I had saved $1,000 and they wanted to know where it came from. I get paid $60 and I hand it to my wife but it so happened that my father had given me $1,000 as Christmas present prior to that month. It was a struggle and it took months for everything to go through. But it got done and that’s what counts. Ms. Dafty, one of the ladies I dealt with, was wonderful, and Ashok, the first gentleman I spoke with, was awesome. Everybody was very nice and very helpful and I had no complaints with even the bank itself when I was in closing. I would recommend InterContinental to my friends.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I did my house mortgage from a different company and they transferred me to InterContinental. The application for the FHA loan was kinda easy and everything was good with their people. They spoke to me better and they helped me a lot. It's been good so far.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We're first time home buyers and our realtor recommended InterContinental for the house mortgage. He’s a close friend of ours so we trusted him. InterContinental's rep, Scott, and his staff were very good and very knowledgeable people. They did a wonderful job and everything they told us was what really happened. They made our dream come true by getting the house and being able to secure the house. So we're pretty ecstatic with their service and happy with everything they did for us. We had a really good experience and we'd recommend them to all of our friends.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I just bought the house and I had the original mortgage on the house in September of last year. I didn’t particularly like the company I was with which was the Wells Fargo company. So, I wanted to get out from underneath them but it wasn’t necessary and I wasn’t in a rush. But InterContinental responded, gave me interest rates and saved me a couple of $100 a month, so I went with them. The refinancing process was fairly easy. They run a credit, but it’s not like when you buy a house initially, and then they sent somebody out to my house to give us the paperwork. I didn’t have to go anywhere and do anything and it was nice.

Tina was one of the managers and she was very nice, friendly, courteous, helpful and I could always get a hold of her which is kinda strange because usually you can't get a hold of anybody and they don’t call you back till days later. But the people were very nice and it’s the one reason I went ahead with them. I had them for a month and they sold me off as soon as they got me. I haven’t even made my first payment on this mortgage yet. I was a little disappointed but I've also had some preliminary contact with the new mortgage people and they were just as nice. I would recommend them to a friend, but then tell them that they got to hope they will stay with them.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I had applied for a regular mortgage with InterContinental and their process was extremely easy. They were very consumer-friendly and very patient. They showed diligent and quick work, and they had the right numbers that I wanted to hear. Their rep, Chris, was really good. We had a lot of phone calls, texts and he answered a lot of questions. He was helpful and the process was very smooth. I've referred some people toward them. I’m extremely favorable of InterContinental.

Intercontinental Capital Group Company Information