1.00/5

Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

Champion Mortgage

Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

Champion Mortgage Reviews

Original review: March 28, 2019

How can these people sleep at night? Our family home fell into foreclosure and we were given a date of public sale. However NO notice ever went on the home or any verbal/written communication in regards to when we needed to vacate the home. We come home to a locked home as we are trying to get our things out! As if the situation isn't stressful enough, now our personal items are locked in by this company! We were threatened not to be on the premise or we will be arrested! No one would return our calls or help us to be able to retrieve our things! Then, a for sale sign goes up!! Thank GOD for the realtor as she helped us! Karma is a real ** and I hope this company gets what they deserve!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My mother got a reverse mortgage and when she passed away last year we were told we had time to sell. We were given 6 months from Oct. 2018 but just found out they foreclosed and sold the house at auction with no notification to the executor of the estate. Illegal practices going on here to take homes from unsuspecting average families. Run while you can.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My father quit claimed deeded his home in 2003 to my sister and I. Then, in 2010, after double amputation of his legs, he needed funds from his home. He took out a Reverse Mortgage with MetLife who in turn sold it to Champion who has Nationstar as their "servicer." (What a joke that title is!) The mortgage documents had my sister and I as "borrowers." My father didn't really own the property anymore, we did. When my father passed away in 2017, Nationstar immediately claimed the note due and payable.

My sister lived with my dad for the last seven years of his life, taking care of him, taking him to doctors, etc. putting her life on hold for him. We intended, and still do, to sell the home. Nationstar and their misinformation machine have us running around with their "you didn't pay the taxes..." We did. "You don't have homeowners insurance..." We do. And of course, the letters saying they're foreclosing. The same as most of the articles in this forum.

The thing that's different with our situation is that the home is my sisters' permanent residence and we actually were on the note as borrowers which never should've been the case as we were not aged 62 at the time. They have filed suit with their high powered attorneys to foreclose and we have been forced to hire an attorney with money we don't have, to defend ourselves against this predator! Our debacle was that the Reverse Mortgage documents and loan were screwed up from the very beginning and now we're paying for it! Run. Don't walk away from Champion Mortgage and Nationstar!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If you are considering a reverse mortgage with this company please have family members sit down with you and this company before any decisions are made. I feel like this company talked my grandmother into making the worst decision ever. What she basically did was sign her home over to this company and they fed her tons of lies. Now upon her death, the option of purchasing the home is impossible especially when no one with the company tells you the same thing. You get something different every time you call and they withhold information.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I had my house on Reverse Mortgage with my bank for a long time, all of a sudden they sold it to Champion Mortgage and after a while I began having problems such as even though I sent them all the required papers as I have done in the past with the bank SOMEHOW they never received them. After that I called several times to see if they were filed. Spoke with several representatives in Cust Serv and after a while they found them. I have the names of people I spoke with and dates. I was told that they have several Fax numbers (given to me every time I had called) and that since they are in different departments they were not acknowledged.

Yesterday my daughter received a package harassing her about the debt who lives in NY bypassing me that live in Miami in my Rev Mort house. My agreement with the bank, done at an Attorney's office was that once I died my beneficiary (my daughter) will have a year to either take a mortgage on the house or lose it. That is the only thing you'll find my signature on. I would like to add myself to the list of the Class Action Case against such Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Mortgage?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My dad was coerced into taking a reverse mortgage in November of 2011. It started out with MetLife and was "sold to" CHAMPION MORTGAGE. He was told by a fast talking agent from Proficio Bank that the loan he had was questionable. So he changed lenders. The ink wasn't even dry on the loan papers (100 pages of screw you borrow and family) when it was 'sold to CHAMPION MORTGAGE'. The fact of the matter is that there is only 1 reverse mortgage bank and that is CHAMPION. The bank is NATIONSTAR/CHAMPION. Nationstar does loan modifications and Champion does the reverse mortgages. Believe me these people are crooks!!! There is nothing sleazy enough that they won't do!!! They don't have any regard for the borrower. They keep trying to get you to borrow money from your equity. But the real nightmare begins when the borrow dies.

O.M.G. My dad passed away on Jan 2 and on the 29 they were on the phone demanding payment by Feb 1. I managed to hang on for a while trying to get financing on my own (to no avail). The whole time they were on the phone, sending threatening letters, and sending people around to make sure that the house wasn't abandoned. Meanwhile, the interest was sky rocketing... interest on interest on interest. The mob needs to be stopped. Why are they harassing the families for the money? First of all, we are not just a loan #! We are people that are having to deal with the death of a loved one and financial problems that arise. Why are they so worried about getting the money (or property) back right away? They have make so much money in interest already and MOST IMPORTANTLY the loans are HUD INSURED... meaning that if the borrows estate defaults, the government agrees to repay the loan!

If there is a class action lawsuit against CHAMPION, could someone enlighten me as to how to get into? I feel like after over $130,000.00 in interest for barely 5 years and all the threats, harassment, and humiliation I was put through there should be some remuneration for me. Tom Selleck should hang his head in shame to hawking these treacherous loans!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Reverse mortgage servicer who acquired BofA mortgages. Incompetence, arrogance just a couple of shortcomings. Charging me because they changed their mailing address, didn't notify insurance company, allowing them to attempt forced policy because they were too incompetent to preclude such a situation affecting a customer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Homeowners who had their “reverse mortgages” transferred from, Wells Fargo to Champion Mortgage need to please, “heed my warning” & find another mortgage company asap otherwise, they will defraud you and/or your loved ones out of thousands of dollars “as, they did with, my deceased mother’s reverse mortgage which, was transferred on September 1, 2017”. My mother passed away at just 72 on September 29, 2017 in a skilled nursing facility on Hope Hospice “never knowing her mortgage was transferred to these thieves who, within a few short months would add $ 13,339.90 to the payoff & attempt to foreclose on her home during, probate”.

At transfer $197,862.34 was owed & had only the regular monthly fees of approx. $481.00 been charged then, the payoff would had only been approx. $203,634.34 but, instead, the payoff on August 24, 2018 was $ 211,202.24 which, on Wed., August 21st Champion Mortgage advised the closing company that, the payoff would be $210,772.24 “as of 8/31/2018” & within an hour of closing on Fri., August 24th I was called back to the closing company as, Champion Mortgage sent a fax stating “they were adding an additional $430.00 the payoff & if, not paid they would foreclose”.

Now, I’m the sole beneficiary to my mother’s estate (her home of 25 years was all that was left) but, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I was not able to gain access to the property until, May of 2018 but, once in I found documentation “listing Champion Mortgage as, the new company servicing the reverse mortgage” along with, documentation from, Wells Fargo stating “I was my mother’s alternative contact person & this information was sent to Champion Mortgage” yet, they "Willfully failed" to ever even attempt to contact me. I immediately met with an attorney to begin the probate process as, well as, a real estate agent to list the property for sale & made my initial call to Champion Mortgage on May 15th in which, I spoke with, a Siobhan whom “advised me as to how to proceed; the documentation required by, Champion & that, I wanted to send this information asap before, the started any foreclosure process”.

I provided Siobhan with, my contact information (which, was the same as, they already had on file); my email address in which, she would send the payoff amount (I did receive this on May 18th with, the payoff “as of 5/31/2018” being, $203,255.01) & she also, advised me to expect a letter from, Champion Mortgage in acknowledgement of my letter of intent. So, the following day, May 16th & “multiple” times thereafter, I faxed Champion Mortgage as, instructed “a letter of intent providing written expression of my desire to sell mom’s property in Florida/pay-in-full the outstanding balance on the reverse mortgage loan; provided mom’s certification of death; last will and testament as well as, the listing agreement with, RE/MAX realty”.

Well suffice it to say “I never received any acknowledgment from, Champion Mortgage re. receipt of my letter of intent; the real estate agent contact (as, initially we had a residential contract for sale and purchase in place on May 23, 2018 which, unfortunately fell through) or the probate lawyer’s contact with them”.

Champion Mortgage not only, ignored our contacts but then, proceed to file for foreclosure; pretended the certification of death they filed on my mother “did not have myself, her daughter the informant’s contact information on it (which, was the exact same contact information they had received from, Wells Fargo when, my mother listed me as, the “alternative contact person”) as well as, pretended that, they never knew a case was filed in the probate court!

So, when all was said & done Champion Mortgage’s deceptive business practices allowed them (from, my initial contact on May 15th) to add/collect an additional $7,947.23 in “multiple” property inspections; legal fees; county recording fees with more than, half of the fees being, listed under “unscheduled draws/corporate advances (with, no explanation of the use for these fees)”. You would think when seeing the amount of class action lawsuits that, have been filed against Champion Mortgage aka Nationstar that, they would change their unfair and deceptive practices in attempts to defraud thousands of elderly clients but, I guess nothing will stop these big corporations until, they are completely dismantled!

Original review: July 23, 2018

It is so sad that almost everyone here has the same comments about these scammers. So very true every time you call it's never possible to speak to the same person, and indeed each person you speak with gives totally different information. They are abusive and flat out liars. Their aim is to make this a difficult situation and steal seniors' homes. I have had my home 34 years and these liars sent me a repayment agreement for little over $3000. Then a manager claims no way they could have sent me that agreement because my balance ($10,000.00) too high for repayment.

I sent agreement and payment early. They cashed my check which they swore they never received, then filed foreclosure for guess what??? $3,000.00. Now they are charging me $4000.00 legal fees for foreclosure for the amount in the agreement. They are making it so I can't repay and they foreclose my home I have had 34 years. This is criminal and we need to call on the government to do something. They cannot allow seniors to be taken advantage of in our latter years. If anyone would like to discuss a class action suit or joint petition to the government let me know.

Original review: July 9, 2018

There seems to be a misunderstanding in who owns my house reversed long ago and Champion Mortgage, they are merely bill collectors and are abusing elders. I have their statement that they conducted an investigation and they are not guilty of elder abuse. That was good and all I needed. A smarmy fellow believes he is the owner of my house. I believe Fannie Mae is and that has never changed.

Champion Mortgage duties amount to having me sign a federal form that I am still living in the house. I had to send two forms in this years and was told it was a federal offense to lie on a document of their own making. Today I received another harassing letter stating they need to know my homeowner's association, none, a company where I send property maintenance payments, none, in order to obtain specific information and/or documents for the purpose of effectively servicing your, my loan for the property listed above.

I have already warned them it is not in their best interest to threaten or intimidate the holder of two fed IDs. They have one duty, that I am living here, have always had full insurance on my property, have paid my taxes and mowed my lawn. That is all. Apparently they have taken it on themselves to make new federal rules for the purpose of directly harassing elders. I doubt if the last letter is legal. Last time was a warning. This time they will be crushed from a federal level. They will be in court until eternity begins.

They specialize in taking houses away from people who did not get trained properly when reverse mortgages began. When rules changed they were some thieves who misrepresented the Fannie Mae contract. This caused a problem when a husband and wife did not have themselves on the deed. You can talk to a guy named **, Customer Relations Specialist, Champion Mortgage, P.O. Box 612877, Dallas, TX. 75261-9741 1-655-683-3095 email **. Don’t expect an answer to your call or a reply to your email.

Champion Mortgage Company Information