Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

Champion Mortgage

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: March 22, 2018

38 Champion Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 22, 2018

We requested an advance 2 months ago. We faxed the necessary paperwork. They said the check was mailed. We have not received it... so they say, "They reissued a new check". We are still waiting. This has happened in all the times we asked for an advance. In the meantime, the statements keep coming saying we took out an advance, but we have not received any payment.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I had the roof placed August 2017. The roof replacement occurred during the mortgage transfer to Champion Mortgage from Wells Fargo. The first check was endorsed by Wells Fargo and the second and final check to be endorsed by Champion Mortgage. We had to change the name on the check since it was a new server of the loan. Well, it is March 2018 and Champion Mortgage is the holdup of us paying the contractor the final payment. Champion Mortgage has reinvented the wheel when it comes to loss drafts. Why don't the customers have a say in who your loan is transferred to? Champion Mortgage has a horrible record for customer service. It is a different thing every time, I call them. I learned that they only receive document in PDF form, after I have sent nearly 30 documents in JPG. I will contact HUD and State Farm of my complaint against Champion Mortgage. They should not be in the Reverse Mortgage business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My mother passed away back in April. I have done everything this company has asked and now they are threatening foreclosure. When I call, each rep tells you something different and they kept saying to ignore the letters I was getting as I was approved for an extension. Come to find out, I was never approved and they have hired an attorney to take the house. I have asked for supervisors and they refuse the get them. Now I have an attorney and hope this can be resolved. BTW... The house is on the market to be sold they still are threatening foreclosure. It's enough to have to deal with my mother's death in April and my mother in law's in October... NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH LIARS, CHEATERS AND SCAM ARTISTS!!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Champion Mortgage has defrauded my mother since 2015 when my stepfather passed away. They have manipulated her time. They have lied to her. They have charged her twice in one month for inspection. They have taken her to court n12 default that you didn't get a paper turned in in time when in fact she did and they want to pay off of 200000 or her to move out when my stepfather only took 4500 in 2008. They have not recognize my mother as a number one spouse. Her home has gone into foreclosure and even passed an auction date. The last three years have been living hell for her and the family. This is my second time I made a customer complaint. Desperately Seeking assistance for my mother. Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My parents passed & had a reverse mortgage with Champion Mortgage. I am one of the daughters who became executrix. We did everything Champion told us to do (in lieu of deed). I thought everything was proceeding as planned because that’s what we were told by Champion until I got a summons by the Sheriff’s Dept telling me I was being sued by a law firm Champion hired to do so. You never speak with the same person which is very annoying, when you do nothing is explained correctly. I needed to hire a lawyer (which is not cheap) but thankfully he resolved my issue in a timely matter. So my advice to everyone is — DO NOT EVER USE CHAMPION MORTGAGE for anything!!! They are shysters to say the least & other choice words I am too ladylike to put on here!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Mortgage?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have been going round and round with this company since September 25 to get funding for repairs in my home. They don't do anything to move their process along unless you call them daily. No one there is very helpful. My damage was done on September 11; I sent them checks from the insurance company on September 25 and October 5. It is now December 1 and I still have not received 50% of the funds for my repairs. They don't let you know the status of your file unless you call them. They found some technical differences in the documents but did not let me know. They were just sitting there with this information without calling me to tell me the technical issue that needed my correction. If I had not had sufficient funds to make up the difference, I would have lost my contractor. If I could give them no star at all, that's what I would do. They don't care about customer service at all. Period. If I had a choice they would not be my service provider.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

When my mother's reverse mortgage was transferred from Wells Fargo to Champion she received a letter from Champion stating that the payment schedule would be the same. It is not. I called to (nicely) request that it go back to the old schedule and was informed that it was impossible. I told the representative what the letter said, but she still said no way. This has created hardship for my mother who is in my 90s. There is NO way that this can't be fixed, someone there should be able to authorize fixing THEIR mistake!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My reverse mortgage was transferred to Champion Mortgage by Wells Fargo. They aren't returning my calls and say they don't have my paperwork, yet they accepted a payment in September. I have complained to Wells Fargo and they are checking into it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have the same problem getting ahold of them; hung up on, on hold at length, etc. I even elect the callback. They never call back. I send everything certified, return receipt. They are as bad as the IRS! Depending on who I get to talk to, it's always a different statement or answer. Very frustrating! After I send the documents certified, I always follow up with a phone call to be sure they have received it and document EVERYTHING.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Several months ago, I received a form to fill out stating that I still occupied the residence. This is an annual requirement. In years past I have done as instructed and had no problems. This year, I filled out the form and sent it to Champion in their own return envelope as instructed. About one month ago I received a notice that if I didn't return the certificate, I may be liable for the expense of an agent having to come to my residence to verify I was still occupying this residence. So to make sure, I filled it out and sent it as before. Yesterday I received the same threat that if I haven't sent this in within thirty days I would be investigated.

Today I called the number provided in case I had questions. After being on hold for twenty minutes or so, A man took my call. After asking a few questions to verify my identity, he suddenly said he had to hang up because he was having major technical difficulties and I should call right back and someone would assist me. After another twenty minutes or so, My call was dropped. I waited about two hours and called again. After twenty or so minutes, my call was dropped again. Tomorrow I will try one more time to get through and if not I will send it certified with a return signature requested. Then the next step I suppose would be my attorney. I will not pay expenses for someone to come verify that I occupy my residence.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have been trying to pay off my 97 year old mother's reverse mortgage, to no avail. It takes approximately 45 minutes and 5 hang-ups. Every time I do manage to get a hold of an agent I am told that it is going to take 3 to 5 days to fulfill my request. Of course the request for a payoff is never completed and I am still being charged interest on the remaining amount. I think that Champion Mortgage needs to be reported and investigated by the Security exchange and the senior abuse agencies...

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Mother in law passed away June 2015. My husband and I found out she had a reverse mortgage on the house. Before she passed, she said the house was paid off and then got a reverse mortgage. Anyway, we told Champion we wanted to short sale on home but Title company said my husband had to go through probate. We let them know that we are going through probate. We emailed, mailed and faxed court papers of every court hearing. The 3rd hearing, the original judge wasn't there to grant my husband Executor of the Estate and it was extended to the following month. Champion denied the court paperwork my husband got from the probate clerk and proceeded the foreclosure of the home. Our realtor we had called Champion and requested the inside of the house appraised. Champion granted her request. That following Monday realtor called and said the bank foreclosed on the house.

Then August of 2016 my husband went to court and the judge told my husband "DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE HOUSE UNTIL I TELL YOU TO" and appointed a Probate Referee as well. We told the bank but they said oh well too late. Got eviction paperwork. Hired an attorney from Saunders Law Group in Corona. Which did nothing I mean nothing to stop eviction. They took our money and Ramon lied and lied to us. We got evicted with nowhere to go, no money, absolutely nothing. No cash for keys. Nothing. Just left myself, my husband, and 6-year-old son on the streets living in the car. Had several people inquire to help us get our house back and the bank's realtor told our friend she couldn't do anything with the house until probate was finished. But that was a lie too. It was sold twice. How can they do that. Probate clerk told my husband he had rights on this. No one wants to help us and what the bank did was absolutely WRONG.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Attempting to pay my burdensome school taxes in a timely manner I was given a runaround. I could not speak to a supervisor but the young lady with whom I spoke repeated to me what her supervisor said. I had sent an e mail with an img attachment of my request. After not seeing the deposit in my account I sent an e mail requiring why I had not received this request. An automatic e mail was returned to me stating I need not follow up with another request for the matter was being taken care of.

Calling Champion today I was told the e mail was no longer available for withdrawal request and if I had read the letter dated June 27, 2017 I would know that. I then reviewed the letter and nowhere did it state e mails were not available. The "customer representative" then advised the e mail was not working and I would need to submit a written request or a fax for the amount I needed. Now I either need to run to the post office and mail this request or find an available fax machine. Pay to get MY money? Poor service.

Original review: June 10, 2017

When I moved in with my grandma Lore ** she was low sick. After she passed away I remained in the after a while. I was in forum of a reverse mortgage on the home trying to get answers about the home and how it worked. Getting no answers only that I was not borrower trying to pay and insurance. Still no results so after 4 year I was sent a letter saying the house was in foreclosure. The realtor mentioned that most of times they gave cash for key so she suggested I write and ask. Getting no response the realtor informed me that they wasn't given me cash for key so she informed me that she would no longer work for them. She felt that it was unfair of them not to give me cash for key so I was trying to find somewhere to go because I had been having medical problems.

I wasn't able to work so trying to move out I was away trying to see about my dad in which he was in the hospital in Lubbock, Texas. Upon my return the house had a house fire. Not getting information a lot of my things were my grandma's thing that could not be replaced. I thought maybe some things could be salvage but for some mysterious reason the house had another fire and I would to know is there away the insurance was going to pay for my things even though my grandma's thing. I was going to treasure of my grandma's cannot be replaced.

Original review: March 28, 2017

RE: Champion Mortgage, Michigan. I am attempting to pay my Reverse Mortgage in full, a couple hundred thousand dollars. I telephoned in an effort to learn how to do that. Every time I talk to a representative of which there are many times, I am treated like dirt. They are of no assistance and now dangerous. I sold my home and want to settle up. The information I am given is nothing but BS and its "policy". I simply do not know what will happen. I tell them I am a "lay person", they don't care. One thing, their script never changes. I have decided to write an article about my experiences with them and have it published. The company's own reviews will testify to my content here.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I am beyond hope or future because of this reverse mortgage I took on my house. Champion Mortgage has the legal right because of my trust to rid me of future plans or happiness. The pure life is being sucked out of me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I have written 3 letters to Champion Mortgage asking what I needed to do in order to add my wife onto this mortgage that is currently in my name only. I received a letter back stating that she would receive the information required when I passed away. This is not a suitable answer. Two more letters to Robin Rice, VP Borrower Care were not replied to.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Champion is threatening foreclosure on my 83 year old mother's condominium for lack of property insurance. The insurance company has faxed them documentation 6 times. They have made no effort to work with the insurance company or with her. The home is in an HOA and the insurance documents are written differently than they would be for a free standing home. Her home has been continually insured by the HOA as long as she has owned it. They are demanding $496.00 immediately for additional insurance that she should not have to pay. I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency, asked the insurance company to work with the insurer to prepare the type of document they want, and my next step will be legal aid.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Claiming I owe them $542.00 to cover flood insurance for a month while I was working with FEMA and my insurance company State Farm. FEMA required a plot survey in regards to being in a flood zone. This cost me $300.00. Then my agent wrote a flood policy which had to be reviewed by their underwriting department. Champion has a declaration page showing my flood insurance.

Original review: June 30, 2016

Champion Mortgage Company is a land grabbing organization and should be investigated for loan fraud, for the simple fact of how they handle families after the death of a loved one. My mother was a recent victim of Champion Mortgage. After she died there was no grace period where the surviving heir was given ample time to develop the proper financing resources needed to refinance the home and retain the property. The customer service was horrible and the number of times that you call in to clarify an issue is the number of different answers you would get.

As a result of constantly fighting their foreclosure process, forced me to file bankruptcy, My level of dissatisfaction is not able to be expressed in words. I have filed a complaint with Attorney General in my state. The lack of cohesiveness and clarity, in the dissemination of information made it very hard to follow procedure. As I mentioned earlier the timelines allotted for the family to generate a new mortgage is not likely.

In my case being the only heir and the primary caregiver, and not working during this period of time makes virtually impossible to obtain a mortgage. During the closing and before as well I told that the grace period after the primary borrower dies, would be 12-18 months provided the heir would declare their intentions in writing, well I did that and in response I received a foreclosure notice. The convoluted method for they employ is teetering on the criminal and definitely a complete misrepresentation. If I had known of the methods Champion uses I would have ran the other way.

Original review: March 24, 2016

My parents moved into an assisted living facility. Prior to this they were shortly in a Skilled Nursing Care Facility where we were analyzing whether they would be able to return to the home, or whether additional care would be needed. Champion was notified of this August move, and I was informed of the steps that needed to be taken in regards to handling the property. They informed me that if our intent was to sell the property that they needed to be sent a letter of intent indicating such accompanied by proof of listings for the house. They also said that if the house did not sell and we needed more time that they needed to receive another letter between January 18th-February 18th 2016, and then another one between April 18-May 18th 2016. The initial letter of our intent to sell the property and proof of listing was sent to them and they received these items the beginning of September 2015.

On November 4th 2015 the house was listed with Target Real Estate Company. Since the property had not yet sold as of mid-January a letter was sent to Champion along with the listing from Target Real Estate. The relator had been contacted by Champion to confirm that the house was listed, and discussed the option of completing a short sale of the property. I received a letter from Champion dated February 8, 2016 reminding me that we were “nearing the end of an extension period and if we needed additional time to satisfy the terms of the Reverse Mortgage to submit a written extension request” and backing documentation (Real Estate listing). I called Champion to confirm that indeed the documents I sent had been received. They informed me that they had been received on February 3, 2016 and informed me that we were “good to go”.

We then received a letter from Champion dated March 10, 2016 stating that they had not received proper documentation and as a result the loan was referred to foreclosure processing as of that day. I immediately called Champion and they told me that they had never received the letter, but had the real estate listing. I explained to them that they were both in the same envelope and if they received the listing then they likewise received the letter. I was told they needed to research things. When they got back with me they said that since I had not specifically used the word “extension” within the letter that they did not know what the letter meant and why I had sent it to them. I told them that I was never instructed that I specifically needed to use the word “extension” within the letter, and asked if since that was the problem if I could submit another letter with that specific word in it.

I was told that it was too late and that there was nothing that I could do about the foreclosure. I told them that the letter we received from them stated that “the default may be resolved by any of the following methods: *If your intent is to sell the property – provide a Real Estate Listing Agreement and/or Real Estate Sales Agreement”. Champion had already contacted the real estate company to confirm the property was listed with them. The (Champion) also had different conversations with the agent about the possibility of doing a short sale of the property. Champion had proof via confirmation from the Real Estate Company that the company was listed with them.

Later that day I spoke with Erika ** from Champion– who is handing this mortgage. She informed me that the information I had received earlier that day was incorrect. She stated that due to HUD guidelines after six months the status of the mortgage changes to be considered “foreclosure” due to the fact that the foreclosure process in Michigan is a lengthy process. She informed me that we can continue to try and sell the house. During my conversation with Erika we discussed the possibility of doing a “Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure” which I informed her would need to be discussed with the parties involved and I would get back with her. That following Tuesday I called Erika to inform her that the house had been sold, and the closing should occur in about 2 weeks. She then informed me that there are now additional foreclosure costs – something that was NOT mentioned before at all.

Now we received the notice that the property has been referred for foreclosure to Champion not receiving proper documentation (this has already been is addressed above). However, as of today was informed by Champion that the letter I received stating the reason why the property went into foreclosure is a general letter and not account specific as to the actual reason the property was sent into foreclosure. We have been making every effort to rectify this situation based on the official letter received from Champion as the reason the property was sent into foreclosure – and then we are told that is not really the reason it was sent into foreclosure. If we are not aware of the legal reason the property was sent into foreclosure how are we supposed to rectify the situation???

This could potentially make the sale of the house fall through, and we would believe that selling the house and paying Champion the monies owed specifically for the reverse mortgage would be easier for all parties involved. In addition to foreclosure fees that we were not informed about – we needed to list the house at a price that would not only make it appealing to a purchaser – in addition to my mother applying for VA survivor benefits she is not allowed to make ANY money on the sale of the house. The house was priced at the point where the only monies that would be received would be the amount needed to pay off the reverse mortgage. There is no money to pay any kind of additional fees.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I watched my mother fight cancer for years before we lost her in November. I'm her only local son, so it fell to my wife and I to settle her affairs. We cleaned the house and listed with a realtor. The house sold quickly and we sent the payoff request and legal and realtor documents in. We waited weeks and never received a payoff. I called three days before the closing and instead they send it. They promised I would have it shortly. Then did nothing.

I called and spent hours on the phone over 3 days begging for them to send the payoff so we could close. Each time they apologized and made promises they could not keep. We missed the closing and the buyer put us in default. It was so hard to deal with the loss of mom. She never wanted to be a burden. This would have devastated her. It's too late for us, but you may still have a choice. DO NOT choose Champion Mortgage. They are criminals. What they did is unforgivable. I will spend the rest of my life telling people about my experience with these scum bags.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

Home was placed in reverse mortgage with MetLife 2010. It is my belief now, the banks that put houses in reverse mortgages, turn homes over to companies like, Champion Mortgage and Nationstar to start a well-planned cycle of taking the house back to gain it for their accounts and make hundreds of thousands from it... In October 7, 2013 I was sent to a collection agency to pay the fire insurance on my home by Travelers. I paid it, Travelers to inquire such actions the account was paid and to reinstate my insurance. They did not send me to collections, Champions had it. I spent 6 hours online new insurance. Found it and agent of Foremost faxed the policy, I copied it, faxed, mailed to Champion. Harassment ended January 15, 2014 (5 months)...

Next, they paid the taxes. A thousand dollars more than what was owed. Champion wanted financial consultations to make payments back to them. 3 agreed plans to, 1 voided due to HUD two due to no agreement mailed for me to sign, and the last one, from May 15, received in Sept. 19, agreement was dated Sept. 3, 2015. I mailed 3 payments, certified mail, Sept. 19, 29 and Oct. 2015. The second payment was returned to me. 11/2/2015 the other two would be returned. This caused me to check all post offices when I didn't receive the other two checks. I have learned one check was sent back to them as not deliverable. Champion mailed it to ** Prospect Park. The foreclosure was advanced on no one living here, they have charged my account 20.00 each agent to come here and check home. Two was sent twice May 18 and 19.

They denied receiving the checks - insisted I fax the signature cards. I did. I then offered to pay the entire sum, and they refused it. Said the house was going to be foreclosed on and no payments were legal. I offered to Champions I would MetLife's attorneys and got yelled at, threatened. Champion has now sent me a mitigation paper to file.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

Took out a reverse mortgage around 10 years ago. About 10 months ago it was sold to champion. I have $82,000.00 left on my line of credit but they are saying I have no funds left and are refusing any further advances. I have every statement backing up my claim. They said "Well we don't send out the statements. Some other company does." So far I have gotten nothing but the runaround even though they admit the statements do show what I claim. Need a lawyer but really do not know what kind to get.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

My husband's grandmother passed away and we called them the next week when we got her death certificate and they told us that the account was due immediately. Yet when we called them back a few days later, a different person told us that it doesn't become due until 30 days after the death. So we said that was fine and we would start working to get the paperwork to them before the 30 day mark. We did that and at the 90 day mark we got notice we were in default and 23 days later we got court papers saying that they were starting foreclosure processes.

WHAT?! We had been trying to refinance and we tried to get an extension and we were told that we couldn't get one because we were on the road to foreclosure. We got approved by the bank for a refinancing to make Champion go away and Champion said, "We need this paperwork." Done. Call back a few days later, "Oh, we need this now." Ok, done. Call them back a few days later, "Well, that's not enough, we need this." Our auction date is 90 days away and we opted to sell the house because we can't get Champion to play ball with us.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

When my father passes away, I let them know. Less then 10 days later I got a foreclosure notice. I get about three notices a week. I called and asked for papers to extend time to get stuff out and to try and figure out a way to save the house for our family. They refuse to send me the paper work to extend. They send it to a dead man.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

My mother has a Reverse Mortgage on her house. Champion bought out her mortgage and has declared that she is dead and no longer living in the house, saying the reverse mortgage is due and payable! My mother is very much alive and healthy! I have a lawyer. Will take them to federal court. Reported them to our news channel, and have filed a complaint with the state! BEWARE OF THEM!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

This is the most ridiculous mortgage company I have every came across and I have dealt with a few in my time buying and selling homes. This home is an estate of my deceased mother. We/brother has jumped through hoops to satisfied this lender. I don't know what they don't understand - WE DON'T WANT THE HOUSE. We have filled out all the paperwork, sent the Will and it's not good enough. The most uneducated people I have ever came across when it comes to finances. Or simple English. I am not oppose to reverse mortgages for seniors but stay away from this company. You will get screwed in the end or your poor family members will have a major headache from them. We're about to say screw it, keys are inside.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

My insurance agency have faxed Champion Mortgage three times with proof of insurance plus calling them. Each time they faxed the proof they received acknowledgement. I have called Champion Mortgage at least four times and every time they deny getting a fax. After getting proof of insurance, they acquired insurance on my home. They will not acknowledge that they received proof of insurance and want me to either pay the insurance they acquired or pay the outstanding balance of the reverse mortgage.

Updated on 12/22/2015: Finally on 10/13/15 I received a Peter from them agreeing that there was no lapse in my policy and reimbursement for a forced policy will be credited to my account. On 11/12/15 I received a "Notice of Rescission of Default" stating that all previous "Mortgage Due & Payable Notifications" has been rescinded. And a copy that they had canceled the forced policy they had charged me for. I just a letter dated 12/16/15 stating that I am in default for non payment of taxes and/or insurance. My taxes are not even due yet. DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT EVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They are totally incompetent.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

I am the trustee of a trust that owned my deceased mother's home that had a reverse mortgage. The equity in the house covered the loan by a 2:1 ratio. The company would only communicate with me through certified mail denying my right to talk to them despite giving them copies of the will and trust and threatening foreclosure and then actually filing. Due to the hot market I was able to sell the house and pay the loan in full. Their loan demand included an extra month's interest and spurious and questionable fees that 90 days later have not been refunded or defined despite multiple written requests. My next step is to file official actions with the appropriate state and federal banking regulators. Stay away from this company.

Champion Mortgage expert review by Michele Lerner

Champion Mortgage has been providing seniors and others with a variety of mortgage products since 1997.

• Detailed educational info online: Champion Mortgage’s website has a comprehensive FAQ that offers detailed information about reverse mortgages in general and how their reverse mortgage program works.

• Can leave home for up to 12 months without penalty: While mortgage holders have to certify annually that they still live in the home, they can leave for up to 12 months without the mortgage entering repayment.

• Direct deposit available: Consumers can get funds deposited directly into their bank accounts each month, making access to loan proceeds easier.

• Mortgage transfers: Many consumers find themselves faced with large bills when other banks, particularly Bank of America, transfer their reverse mortgages to Champion Mortgage.

• Customer service: Live customer service representatives are not available between 8 PM and 8 AM Eastern Time on weeknights or between 5 PM Eastern on Friday and 8 AM Eastern on Monday.

• Best for: Seniors on fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Champion Mortgage Company Information

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.