2.71/5
Based on 52 reviews that contain star ratings

52 Younique Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’ve been using Younique Products for over 3 years. Amazing skin care! I have super sensitive skin and my skin does very well with Younique. And my makeup lasts all day without touch ups. Epic Mascara is the best mascara I’ve ever used.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Younique Stiff Upper Lip Stain...BURNED THE SKIN off my lips. I’m blistered, sore, swollen. I have bloody sores left on my lips. I have been homebound because I cannot go out in public, looking like this. I canceled a dental appt. because I can’t open my mouth. I’m on ** cream. Younique casually offered a $20. credit. Their response occasionally someone has an allergic reaction. I HAVE NEVER HAD A REACTION TO ANYTHING. I don’t have any allergies. Also, I used it several other times and NO REACTION. Did it get stronger or nor mixed properly A. A good company would have wanted it back for consumer testing. I have other lip stains I haven’t opened yet. ALLA I wanted was my money back for ALL the ones I purchased. A $20. Credit isn’t good enough. I’m considering legal action.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I received a bent mascara wand in my presenter's kit. The first time I emailed customer service they failed to respond after a week, after the second email they responded that it can easily be bent back to normal but that they will send $10 in Y-cash. Why not just exchange me a new, undamaged mascara? $10 Y-cash doesn't even cover the cost of the mascara nor do I want to buy something else from this company. Good customer service in the very least would have asked me to send in the damaged mascara so they could replace it with a new one. Not to mention they apparently don't stand by their "30-90 day policy" seems how I emailed them within 5 days of receiving my kit and don't see them jumping at replacing my DAMAGED product. These products cost way too much to ignore the "little issues." But at least I learnt sooner than later that this isn't the kind of company I'd want to sell for/represent.

Original review: March 26, 2019

There is one girl on here reviewing a highlighter. She said she bought from Younique. That highlighter is not Younique. And others reviews about skincare smelling like vomit. Maybe you need to brush your teeth or something. All our skincare has a fresh scent. I've been with this company since 2016 and their products are awesome! You need good products that make you feel beautiful then buy Younique.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Creams smells like throw up. Paid $70 and because it was on back order so I had to get other foundation. I used up the foundation I bought and opened Younique. It was like oil and water so I had to shake it. Put it on and it was so greasy, I took it off. Kept shaking and tried again. The smell was disgusting and it burned. Customer service said, "Sorry. You have 14 days from purchase." $70 in the garbage. This company is a rip off!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Younique?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I ordered from a distributor on Facebook. I ordered a grab bag for $25 (turned into $32 with shipping). The bag was supposed to have mascara, eyeshadow, face masks, and a gift for ordering. This was in November. Weeks go by. Never received anything. The distributor assured me it was sent. Weeks go by still nothing. By mid-January I heard it was lost, stolen by the mailman, in transit, and also in a couple cities away from me. After all these issues the distributor said they reached out to corporate and I was going to receiving a box from them with my products and a gift for all the problems.

A day or two goes by I asked for a possible date I would receive the box, a tracking code, and the contents of the box. I was told 7 days, no tracking code, and I was getting 3 items in total. I then questioned the distributor asking why only 3 items, I sent them the messages where I was told the original 3 items, a gift from the distributor, and a gift from corporate. I then was told that’s what I would get. The days go by no package. I asked for a refund. The distributor gave me a 3 or 4 day timeline on when I would get said refund. The days go by and I received nothing.

I reached out to the distributor twice and my messages on Facebook. I reached out to corporate and was told I would get an email to show documentation. I never received said email. I then called again stayed on the line until the rep emailed me and got my email of all the screenshots of the conversations and the money transaction. The next day I did get an email from the Compliance Team saying the case will be investigated. That was now 5 days ago and I still have no refund or any other information.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have had a subscription issue that has been ongoing since October 2018. This is currently a 3-month issue that not 1 person can or will correct and contact me back. I have had numerous representatives claim to be “looking into it” and will be calling me back once it is resolved. This does not and has not happened. Do not buy from this company who clearly does not care to maintain customers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

One of my good friends got pressured into becoming a seller so I bought some stuff to support her. I got the powder in the lightest shade offered and I looked like I used Cheeto dust on myself. They did offer to give me a credit for the purchase price, excluding shipping but the quality was so terrible it wasn’t even worth it. They take advantage of people trying to make extra money, and push poor sales practices. Now they are ‘certifying’ presenters to assess and treat skin, seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I really wanted to love this mascara. However, it ended up being a “tar and feathering” of my lashes with little to nothing to show for it. You apply the gel then there’s a tube of tiny “feathers” or fibers that theoretically are brushed on to stick to it. OMG IT WAS AWFUL! The little feathers just kept falling into my eyes and all over the place. And to boot, it didn’t even look like I was wearing any mascara in the end! Where folks are getting some of these 5 star reviews I’ll never know. It couldn’t be the same product. I quite literally put this junk right back in the box from whence it came. Junk!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I’ve been using Younique now for 3 months and have zero complaints! The skincare really is good and I’ve noticed my skin is looking good. Makeup I find to be one of the best lines I’ve used and quality is so good. Price wise it’s in the range with all the other top selling companies. I had a issue with a missing item from my order and customer service was excellent and the missing item was shipped out fast!!! No complaints and I highly recommend Younique for all skin types, young or old. This is a honest review and exact.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

First off their liquid foundation goes on nice but wears off very easily even with a setting spray. 2nd their lip stain DOES NOT last as they all claim. 3rd their eyeliner pencil "does not budge" is not true. They have all those cheek highlighters in numerous colors, why not have one product, not 6 different containers. I will say I feel sorry for all these presenters who were sucked in this pyramid business scheme. How much makeup can one continuously keep buying? How can one really live off this, no medical benefits etc. You're all being used. Empowerment they say???

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I ordered a highlighter that ended up costing $45 including shipping. The highlighter was loosely thrown at the bottom of a box with a piece of bubble wrap and tissue paper on top. When I opened it, it crumbled and made a mess all over my bed. I emailed the company with pictures asking for a return or in store credit so I could try something else by their brand. (I was curious as a cosmetic reviewer) But they responded that I couldn't get a refund. I feel like a fool for being sucked into purchasing their products but I just wanted to help a friend with her business and test out a new to me cosmetic brand. For the price of that highlighter I could have just bought a Jeffree Star highlighter palette. I will needless to say not be a returning customer.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I became a Younique presenter only last month '01/10/2018' But I can say with true honesty that I am a huge fan of Younique's beauty products and skin care products. The customer care is outstanding. Expensive? Compared to what? So far every single product that I've used is worth every penny I spent on it and I highly recommend it to everyone who values a high end quality product.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

First off I am A presenter. Been with the company over a year and a half! I joined in April of 2017. I absolutely love everything about Younique. There is some products that I don't like and many others I love!! If I don't like something, it doesn't mean someone else will. We are all different, human beings. And as far as running products down... maybe a person has skin problems. My aunt can't use anything where my friend can use it all. Why run a company down because your skin can't handle a certain product. Moving on. The company. When you get into network marketing, you basically are talking to strangers, building a relationship, your brand, who you are. Why blame your sponsor for 0 success. I don't. And My sponsor doesn't sell actively like I do. You are responsible for your own success.

If you want it bad enough you will not do the blame game. You walk into Walmart, buy products off those shelves... You don't know the owners of that company, nor do you know the person that is making 11.00 an hour to check you out!! So what is the difference between someone who is talking to you online (stranger) or you talking to someone at a checkout (stranger). I read the reviews. And had to write my own. I have never had the problems like it's being talked about. Nor has my customers ever had a problem.

As far as backorders, things happen. Some of our products are high in demand and sell out. Many times I walked into Walmart and shelves were empty 'cause they're out of something. It happens! Not Every product is for Everyone. That's why we are all different. But we are the fastest growing network marketing company in the world. That says something.

Also the company doesn't deactivate you 'cause you don't sponsor someone. That's a lie being told. And yes we talk to people and pay them compliments. It's called building friendships. Duh!! I have helped other presenters that were not even under me. There is people out there that can make a company look bad, and it's sad. I apologize having to deal with them. But don't let one bad seed over thousands think poorly of a company. And I ask if you have a reaction to a product it's just not for you. Don't slam it all over 'cause you have an issue. Doesn't mean thousands of women/men will. Thanks and have an amazing day!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I worked for Younique for 2.5 years and decided to pursue something else. I worked my last month Sept 2018 and sent my resignation October 1st. I expected my last months commissions October 8th, and did not receive them. I emailed them October 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th and 18th. They acknowledged that I should have received the money and would forward the issue to the compliance department. There’s been zero resolution and no real communication on when I should receive the money I worked hard to make. I worked very hard for the company and stayed loyal to them and this is how they repay you if you choose to leave their company. It’s now October 19th and I have still heard nothing. Very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Younique overall is an outstanding company. They are the industry international leaders and innovators. Their products are outstanding and priced accordingly.

They always get it right. If anyone has a product issue or needs clarification please contact me on Facebook, Irene ** and I guarantee you will be happy. As far as the business opportunity goes. It is true that if you sign up under the wrong sponsor you may not have a good experience. Just like any other business if you partner with someone you don’t know don’t trust etc. you’re putting your money and your reputation and your business on the line therefore you need to know what you’re getting into and I can explain this process better. There are way too many unacceptable situations like this which damages Younique’s reputation. However Younique’s Corporate Culture is far from that.

Furthermore it was mentioned how your sponsor makes money off for your sales it is very minimal money and in exchange for that they are training you and supporting your business so while they do that they get 2% (sometimes and most if the time 0%) of your sales (it’s very small). This is how every single sales industry business retail industry business works. Younique has several training opportunities, Facebook pages, Leadership conferences training conference is there so much available. I too had to go it alone and found many Y-Sisters to help! Do not worry there is always someone to support you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I am very unhappy with the service that Younique provides for the price they charge for their products. On 8/16/18 I placed an order for the Royalty time night cream ($49.00) and Royalty boosting gentle cleanser ($39.00). I have never tried Younique and wanted to give it a chance. Needless to say that both items were on backorder. I was provided dates of shipment 9/24/18. I still have only received ONE of the products and I am still awaiting shipment of second product which will not be available till 10/5/18 - and that isn't even my shipment date. Although I can receive my money back, I will wait for the shipment of my product to give it a try. If this company expects return customers, they should at least send me an email as to what the status is of my products. Instead, I have to keep getting into the system and checking on it myself. Very unprofessional and I do not intend to be a return customer.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

They are a joke!! They hype up their OVER PRICED crappy product and they screw their lower level presenters over and allow their sponsors that are above them to steal their pay so they can move up in rank. Melanie and Derek allow hate and theft and lies and deception. I had $950.41 stolen from me by that company and they are refusing to give me that money back. I walked away as a presenter after 5 months when I saw the BS.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Younique has products that work with me. The colors match my skin tone. They have a variety of products. They are also ‘right in the middle’ price wise.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

It stays on all day, it didn’t feel like you are wearing any makeup. Love the primer. Not greasy and goes on smooth. Also, the variety of colors are great. You can mix & match all eye colors.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I joined Younique 06/16/18. For one make sure you get a good sponsor!! Yes my sponsor was Brook **. She wrote something on my group page to make me look bad! So I ask her if she needed to say something! Send it to me in a message. So I didn’t respond to her rude message so the next morning she blows my messages up. So I got off Younique because of her. Then I wanted to join another girl that I should of join in the first place and Younique wants another 99.00 to get a new sponsor. That’s not fair at all.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Do not get manipulated into joining this company. I made that mistake 4/28/18. When a Presenter is trying to get you to join they lie to you. They read from "scripts" to get you to join. These sponsors promise to be your mentor and they promise to be there for you at all times but that's not true. It's all about money! When a sponsor gets you to join they get incentives and they make money off your sales. Some sponsors get so many people to join with their false promises and they don't have time to answer any of your questions if you get confused. So they basically throw you to the wolves and you have to try and figure out the business alone.

The sponsor I had picked her favorites and those are the ones she helped. When I told my sponsor that I felt left out, she told me it was all in my head and that I was feeling that way because of my own insecurities of myself. Now how is that uplifting, empowering, and validating me?? She made me feel awful. Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, and validate other women. My sponsor failed in that area as did her sponsor and black status upline leader. When I asked corporate if I could switch sponsors I was told I had to deactivate for 6 months and then rejoin after that choosing a different sponsor. I would also have to purchase another presenter's kit again. That's ridiculous!

I actually made the decision to deactivate with Younique because I refused to allow my ** sponsor to continue making money off my sales. I will not be rejoining after 6 months due to how this company operates and manipulates people into joining. One of the black status leaders has even said in a video that she won't even acknowledge a presenter unless they are green status. How rude is that?

These sponsors aren't out to help you! It's a competition to win the race. The more people these sponsors get to join, the less they have to work because they're making money off your sales. They want you messaging at least 20 strangers a day by stalking their FB pages and telling these strangers they are beautiful or they compliment on things they see on these strangers FB pages such as these stranger's children, pets, the person themselves, etc. They do all this to get the stranger to reply and that's where they move in and try to get you to join or buy their products. They tell you to have your friends or family or strangers to host a party to get sales and they tell the person hosting the party they will win free makeup. However, you only earn $20 in free "Y" cash as they call it, for every $200 in sales.

It's not easy to get people to buy that much in product and $20 will not get you much in makeup. One item. Period. Unless you sell over $200. The Splash Liquid Lipsticks are $27 and they do not stay on. If you accidentally touch near your lips it will spread on you face. Jeffree Star Lipsticks are cheaper and stay on well! The Epic Mascara is clumpy and flakes on to your face if you touch it up and Younique claims that mascara is buildable. The eyeshadows are pretty pigmented and some of the products are good. My issue is how the presenters are instructed to lie and read scripts. I think it's creepy how they want presenters to stalk stranger's FB pages and message them. For example, I received a private message from a presenter saying the following, which is a script: "Hi, I don't normally do this, but I think you are so beautiful". Of course I said thank you.

When I joined I actually joined someone else's team because I had been watching her "live" videos first. So once I joined and I found the scripts I was floored. I immediately thought, "So did that presenter really think I was beautiful or was it just her reading the script to get me to interact with her so I could be talked into joining???" I was totally suckered into joining and I'm so upset I believed all the lies. My sponsor was selfish and didn't share her knowledge which would have helped me grow. She doesn't care who she hurts or has to run over to succeed. I am so depressed over this whole issue.

I had to retire from my job with the Department of Corrections in 2012 because I had neck surgery and developed fibromyalgia. I also have other underlying health problems one of them being a brain tumor. I couldn't commit to an 8 hour day anymore because of how sick I would get and the pain was so intense. That's why I decided to join Younique because I knew it would be my own business and I could make my own hours and if I wasn't feeling well I could lay down and rest. But once I found out their schemes and realized my sponsor wasn't going to guide me, I had to deactivate. I didn't have to, I wanted to. I did not want to represent a company like this. I especially didn't want my sponsor making money off my sales!!! Please be careful if you ever decide to join this company. It's not all they make it out to be.

When I joined them I thought I found my purpose in life because I love makeup and I'm good at applying it. I looked forward to getting up each day feeling like I wanted to live again. Now that Younique did to me what they did I'm set back deep in my depression, again feeling worthless, sleeping all day. In just 2 short months Younique and my sponsor destroyed my self esteem which I find disappointing because of their so called mission to uplift, empower, and validate other women. Also, if you don't sponsor anyone by a certain status Younique will deactivate you. Like I said earlier, it's all about sales. I wasted a lot of time, effort, energy, and money by joining this company.

The people who watched my "live" videos were so sad to see me go. I posted a "live" video saying goodbye to my viewers. One woman who watched me said her 7 year old grandson loved me and he was so upset when she told him I wouldn't be doing videos anymore. Many were sad to see me go and I miss my viewers so much. I just can't sell products for a company like this. Lesson learned. Stay away from this company unless you have the desire to mislead and lie to people. I will never recommend this company to anyone. Ever.

Original review: June 7, 2018

On April 30th I purchased 3 items for $121.90 and never received a thing. Younique told me there is nothing they can do and will not stand behind me. The representative told me she sent it, then it got lost and she was resending it and still nothing! I cannot get the representative to answer any calls! Unbelievable! Stay away from this company. I am FED UP!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I bought the eyeliner and the mascara, I applied the fiber portion of the mascara. I ended up with red eyes and thought it was the fibers, so I let my eyes get better and tried the eyeliner and mascara WITHOUT the fibers. I still ended up with red eyes. I've used cheap drugstore makeup and never gotten red eyes. I thought it was the mascara, but I see another review where it was the eyeliner that caused the red eyes. I'd like my money back.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I began as everyone did a friend was selling. At first I was skeptic as I have freckles and sensitive skin. Boy have I been blown away! I have spent tons and pretty much now own it all. Here is the real deal. Younique uses European standards and does not fill their makeup with addition harmful chemicals. It's hypoallergenic and comparable to what you would find a Sephora or Mac. I highly recommend and they went from 13 to 26 shades to pick from so now there is a color for all!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I hesitated for months to try Younique because of the price. Once I did, I fell in LOVE. Their products are the best I have ever used. I had never used high end makeup before. It is an adjustment as you do not have to use as much product. I have learned so much about makeup. I love this company!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I began using Younique back in early 2016 after a friend began selling it. At first I loved it. Or at least I thought I did. I was using cheap drugstore makeup before that. Of course this was better. My regular items were the primer, liquid foundation, powder foundation and blush. I also got into using the mascara, eyeliner, lip stains, face wash and eyeshadows. By Jan 2018, I had tried every product they offer. I even was a seller for a few months. Now the bad part. In mid 2017, my skin began changing for the worst. I was getting cystic acne all over my face. I never had acne growing up so this was a shock. My face continued to get worse as the months went on but I refused to believe it was my makeup causing it since I had been using it for so long without any issues.

The acne got so bad that I literally shut down and gave up on caring about my life. I was depressed and I didn’t know why this was happening. In late 2017 I ordered the new lip plumper. A week later after using it, I had developed a major allergic reaction and ended up in the hospital. I looked like a monster. I went to a dermatologist and was told the makeup I was using is causing all of my skin issues. Then it hit me! Thinking back to when I began using Younique I can recall always noticing how oily my skin would get after wearing the liquid foundation for a couple of hours. I remember having to constantly use the powder to co tell the oiliness. I remember always looking like pancake face in the Sun. I remember hating the lip stains cause they dried out my lips and left behind blotches of color on the dry skin.

I remember the eyeliner always melting off even after using the primer. I remember the mascara always flaking all over my face and getting in my eyes and burning like hell. I remember how liquid foundation would get all over everything my face touched even after using a setting powder or spray. The only product I ever liked and still like is the eye serum. So, after knowing all the issues I was having, I still wore the products cause I didn’t want to believe it was causing the issues. When I ended up in the hospital, I immediately tossed the lip plumper but continued to use the foundations and primer and have been battling breakouts with the help of proactive. It wasn’t until I tried Kat Von D’s foundations and primer that I realized how awful Younique products are.

This makeup never gets oily, dry pancake like or transfers onto clothing and pillows. This makeup stays out without a touch up for well over 12 hours. Since using this makeup, I haven’t had a single breakout. And today, I went to toss the old Younique out but compared it to my new makeup first and right away I can see a difference. The Younique makeup looked like clear oil was separating from the color in the bottle. I always had to shake it before using it. My new makeup does not do that at all and requires no shaking. Those oils gave my cystic acne and God knows what else.

Please ladies, save yourself the trouble I endured and the year of my life I wasted depressed from looking like a troll and do not buy Younique products. They are overpriced garbage. And I’m pretty sure, half of what you order is already expired when you receive it and you don’t even realize. For the price, go with something from a reputable company that doesn’t focus on trying to get you to sell more so than buy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have been using YOUNIQUE for about 2 weeks and I am completely happy. I am allergic to a lot of makeup including LOREAL, REVLON, COVERGIRL, AVON and MARY KAY. So far I have had no breakouts of any kind and I find that my skin is actually looking more even and I have noticed this make-up does not dry my skin out or make it feel oily. My make-up lasts all day but is easy to remove. The price is not out of line for the quality and length of time the product lasts. I will continue to use this make-up. I love it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Younique products, from the primer, mineral foundation to the Lash Love products and skin care products are amazing. I’ve been using them for 2 years and it’s only getting better. The foundation's coverage is amazing. I lived with acne most of my life and I wish Younique was around because it covers without clogging my pores. Today my lashes are longer than ever. I have no more allergies to my makeup as I did prior to using Younique makeup, skin care & all their lash care products. So I’m one satisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I went to a Younique makeup party and felt obligated to buy something so ended up with an eyeliner. I applied the eyeliner before hitting the road on a business trip. At the airport my eyes were puffing up and turning red like I was a possessed woman with conjunctivitis. I had no idea what was causing this but fortunately didnt bring the Younique eyeliner. After removing my make up, I woke up to find my eyes were feeling better. After returning home, I tried the new eyeliner and the same thing happened. I dont know if it was just me or if there are others with the same issue. Suffice it to say, I have never had any other eyeliner do that to me and I no longer use Younique products.

Younique Company Information