2.94/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

31 Younique Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Do not get manipulated into joining this company. I made that mistake 4/28/18. When a Presenter is trying to get you to join they lie to you. They read from "scripts" to get you to join. These sponsors promise to be your mentor and they promise to be there for you at all times but that's not true. It's all about money! When a sponsor gets you to join they get incentives and they make money off your sales. Some sponsors get so many people to join with their false promises and they don't have time to answer any of your questions if you get confused. So they basically throw you to the wolves and you have to try and figure out the business alone.

The sponsor I had picked her favorites and those are the ones she helped. When I told my sponsor that I felt left out, she told me it was all in my head and that I was feeling that way because of my own insecurities of myself. Now how is that uplifting, empowering, and validating me?? She made me feel awful. Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, and validate other women. My sponsor failed in that area as did her sponsor and black status upline leader. When I asked corporate if I could switch sponsors I was told I had to deactivate for 6 months and then rejoin after that choosing a different sponsor. I would also have to purchase another presenter's kit again. That's ridiculous!

I actually made the decision to deactivate with Younique because I refused to allow my ** sponsor to continue making money off my sales. I will not be rejoining after 6 months due to how this company operates and manipulates people into joining. One of the black status leaders has even said in a video that she won't even acknowledge a presenter unless they are green status. How rude is that?

These sponsors aren't out to help you! It's a competition to win the race. The more people these sponsors get to join, the less they have to work because they're making money off your sales. They want you messaging at least 20 strangers a day by stalking their FB pages and telling these strangers they are beautiful or they compliment on things they see on these strangers FB pages such as these stranger's children, pets, the person themselves, etc. They do all this to get the stranger to reply and that's where they move in and try to get you to join or buy their products. They tell you to have your friends or family or strangers to host a party to get sales and they tell the person hosting the party they will win free makeup. However, you only earn $20 in free "Y" cash as they call it, for every $200 in sales.

It's not easy to get people to buy that much in product and $20 will not get you much in makeup. One item. Period. Unless you sell over $200. The Splash Liquid Lipsticks are $27 and they do not stay on. If you accidentally touch near your lips it will spread on you face. Jeffree Star Lipsticks are cheaper and stay on well! The Epic Mascara is clumpy and flakes on to your face if you touch it up and Younique claims that mascara is buildable. The eyeshadows are pretty pigmented and some of the products are good. My issue is how the presenters are instructed to lie and read scripts. I think it's creepy how they want presenters to stalk stranger's FB pages and message them. For example, I received a private message from a presenter saying the following, which is a script: "Hi, I don't normally do this, but I think you are so beautiful". Of course I said thank you.

When I joined I actually joined someone else's team because I had been watching her "live" videos first. So once I joined and I found the scripts I was floored. I immediately thought, "So did that presenter really think I was beautiful or was it just her reading the script to get me to interact with her so I could be talked into joining???" I was totally suckered into joining and I'm so upset I believed all the lies. My sponsor was selfish and didn't share her knowledge which would have helped me grow. She doesn't care who she hurts or has to run over to succeed. I am so depressed over this whole issue.

I had to retire from my job with the Department of Corrections in 2012 because I had neck surgery and developed fibromyalgia. I also have other underlying health problems one of them being a brain tumor. I couldn't commit to an 8 hour day anymore because of how sick I would get and the pain was so intense. That's why I decided to join Younique because I knew it would be my own business and I could make my own hours and if I wasn't feeling well I could lay down and rest. But once I found out their schemes and realized my sponsor wasn't going to guide me, I had to deactivate. I didn't have to, I wanted to. I did not want to represent a company like this. I especially didn't want my sponsor making money off my sales!!! Please be careful if you ever decide to join this company. It's not all they make it out to be.

When I joined them I thought I found my purpose in life because I love makeup and I'm good at applying it. I looked forward to getting up each day feeling like I wanted to live again. Now that Younique did to me what they did I'm set back deep in my depression, again feeling worthless, sleeping all day. In just 2 short months Younique and my sponsor destroyed my self esteem which I find disappointing because of their so called mission to uplift, empower, and validate other women. Also, if you don't sponsor anyone by a certain status Younique will deactivate you. Like I said earlier, it's all about sales. I wasted a lot of time, effort, energy, and money by joining this company.

The people who watched my "live" videos were so sad to see me go. I posted a "live" video saying goodbye to my viewers. One woman who watched me said her 7 year old grandson loved me and he was so upset when she told him I wouldn't be doing videos anymore. Many were sad to see me go and I miss my viewers so much. I just can't sell products for a company like this. Lesson learned. Stay away from this company unless you have the desire to mislead and lie to people. I will never recommend this company to anyone. Ever.

Original review: June 7, 2018

On April 30th I purchased 3 items for $121.90 and never received a thing. Younique told me there is nothing they can do and will not stand behind me. The representative told me she sent it, then it got lost and she was resending it and still nothing! I cannot get the representative to answer any calls! Unbelievable! Stay away from this company. I am FED UP!

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I bought the eyeliner and the mascara, I applied the fiber portion of the mascara. I ended up with red eyes and thought it was the fibers, so I let my eyes get better and tried the eyeliner and mascara WITHOUT the fibers. I still ended up with red eyes. I've used cheap drugstore makeup and never gotten red eyes. I thought it was the mascara, but I see another review where it was the eyeliner that caused the red eyes. I'd like my money back.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I began as everyone did a friend was selling. At first I was skeptic as I have freckles and sensitive skin. Boy have I been blown away! I have spent tons and pretty much now own it all. Here is the real deal. Younique uses European standards and does not fill their makeup with addition harmful chemicals. It's hypoallergenic and comparable to what you would find a Sephora or Mac. I highly recommend and they went from 13 to 26 shades to pick from so now there is a color for all!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I hesitated for months to try Younique because of the price. Once I did, I fell in LOVE. Their products are the best I have ever used. I had never used high end makeup before. It is an adjustment as you do not have to use as much product. I have learned so much about makeup. I love this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Younique?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I began using Younique back in early 2016 after a friend began selling it. At first I loved it. Or at least I thought I did. I was using cheap drugstore makeup before that. Of course this was better. My regular items were the primer, liquid foundation, powder foundation and blush. I also got into using the mascara, eyeliner, lip stains, face wash and eyeshadows. By Jan 2018, I had tried every product they offer. I even was a seller for a few months. Now the bad part. In mid 2017, my skin began changing for the worst. I was getting cystic acne all over my face. I never had acne growing up so this was a shock. My face continued to get worse as the months went on but I refused to believe it was my makeup causing it since I had been using it for so long without any issues.

The acne got so bad that I literally shut down and gave up on caring about my life. I was depressed and I didn’t know why this was happening. In late 2017 I ordered the new lip plumper. A week later after using it, I had developed a major allergic reaction and ended up in the hospital. I looked like a monster. I went to a dermatologist and was told the makeup I was using is causing all of my skin issues. Then it hit me! Thinking back to when I began using Younique I can recall always noticing how oily my skin would get after wearing the liquid foundation for a couple of hours. I remember having to constantly use the powder to co tell the oiliness. I remember always looking like pancake face in the Sun. I remember hating the lip stains cause they dried out my lips and left behind blotches of color on the dry skin.

I remember the eyeliner always melting off even after using the primer. I remember the mascara always flaking all over my face and getting in my eyes and burning like hell. I remember how liquid foundation would get all over everything my face touched even after using a setting powder or spray. The only product I ever liked and still like is the eye serum. So, after knowing all the issues I was having, I still wore the products cause I didn’t want to believe it was causing the issues. When I ended up in the hospital, I immediately tossed the lip plumper but continued to use the foundations and primer and have been battling breakouts with the help of proactive. It wasn’t until I tried Kat Von D’s foundations and primer that I realized how awful Younique products are.

This makeup never gets oily, dry pancake like or transfers onto clothing and pillows. This makeup stays out without a touch up for well over 12 hours. Since using this makeup, I haven’t had a single breakout. And today, I went to toss the old Younique out but compared it to my new makeup first and right away I can see a difference. The Younique makeup looked like clear oil was separating from the color in the bottle. I always had to shake it before using it. My new makeup does not do that at all and requires no shaking. Those oils gave my cystic acne and God knows what else.

Please ladies, save yourself the trouble I endured and the year of my life I wasted depressed from looking like a troll and do not buy Younique products. They are overpriced garbage. And I’m pretty sure, half of what you order is already expired when you receive it and you don’t even realize. For the price, go with something from a reputable company that doesn’t focus on trying to get you to sell more so than buy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have been using YOUNIQUE for about 2 weeks and I am completely happy. I am allergic to a lot of makeup including LOREAL, REVLON, COVERGIRL, AVON and MARY KAY. So far I have had no breakouts of any kind and I find that my skin is actually looking more even and I have noticed this make-up does not dry my skin out or make it feel oily. My make-up lasts all day but is easy to remove. The price is not out of line for the quality and length of time the product lasts. I will continue to use this make-up. I love it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Younique products, from the primer, mineral foundation to the Lash Love products and skin care products are amazing. I’ve been using them for 2 years and it’s only getting better. The foundation's coverage is amazing. I lived with acne most of my life and I wish Younique was around because it covers without clogging my pores. Today my lashes are longer than ever. I have no more allergies to my makeup as I did prior to using Younique makeup, skin care & all their lash care products. So I’m one satisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I went to a Younique makeup party and felt obligated to buy something so ended up with an eyeliner. I applied the eyeliner before hitting the road on a business trip. At the airport my eyes were puffing up and turning red like I was a possessed woman with conjunctivitis. I had no idea what was causing this but fortunately didnt bring the Younique eyeliner. After removing my make up, I woke up to find my eyes were feeling better. After returning home, I tried the new eyeliner and the same thing happened. I dont know if it was just me or if there are others with the same issue. Suffice it to say, I have never had any other eyeliner do that to me and I no longer use Younique products.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I purchase products on October 1st 2017 was charged several time different amounts. Finally my Credit card company called and stopped more charges from coming through at this time I am already charged 1250.00 over my purchase. Call the person I purchased through she calls her person said, "Oh no worries, we will get this corrected and make it right." Needless to say today almost 2 months later still do not have all my money back and never received anything, E-mail nothing for an apology. When I called the company they said the rep did it and I should press charges. The gal I spoke with literally told me I should watch who I give my credit card info to. They don't even back the people that sell the products. Really did not feel as if they cared there was a mistake and they did not even help at all. Totally disappointed in the company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I noticed absolutely no difference when using this serum. It is a tinted gloss at best. The rep said I may not have been using it correctly and offered a full refund. (I’ve used topical lip plumper for years and she even suggested that I’d become resistant to the effects...) I didn’t feel like fooling with the return and gave it to my 11 year old daughter - no plumping on her either. Zero stars for this “plumper”.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I’ve purchased probably $400 in Younique products this year based on recommendations from friends who are presenters. Ultimately I hate most of it and only found a few products I would reorder. On the other hand I’ve spend about $50 on beauty subscription boxes and found 90% of the products I use daily through those. The price of these products is in line with high end makeup, but the quality isn’t there. The foundation doesn’t last longer than a few hours. The lip stain is patchy and mostly gone within one hour, even without eating.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I spent $40+ on the epic mascara. The "fibers" are the same material as what came in my vinyl furniture repair kit. I'm a professional cosmetologist and I can purchase far better make up at the professional supply store for less than a quarter of the cost. Younique is a pyramid scheme and the latest bandwagon of the sort. There are far better products out there for the money!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I ordered the Younique foundation kit, this cost me around $90 and I will just get to the point. This makeup smells good so I can see why people would break out from it (perfume). This makeup is easy to put on and is very light. However, this make doesn't cover up at all!!! Not even a zit, looks good on ** people than a ** person, and you have to continue reapplying it every 2 hours. I will never spend money on this makeup again because very simple it will not cover up your skin!

Original review: July 19, 2017

The products are mediocre for the outrageous prices. They treat their presenters like crap. They single one out when almost all of them do the same thing. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! The worst company ever.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Very disappointed. My presenter told me that the makeup was hypoallergenic. So I order one item. After I got it and used it for one day, I broke out in severe hives. My husband had to rush me to the hospital. They had to give me shots, etc. I had a severe allergic reaction. When she came back over to get an order again, I explained to her what happened. She laughed and said hypoallergenic makeup don't do that and she insisted that I had to order. I told her no I wasn't ordering again.

She actually put in an order without my consent and had them ship her the order. She came by a little over a week later with $100+ worth of products and told me that it was my order. When I told her I never placed any order with her she got irritated and demanded money for this order. I never asked for or even knew what it was! My husband came to the door and told her to leave.or he was going to call the police. She got a lawyer and tried suing me for this bogus order. Needless to say she didn't get what she wanted. I just hope she doesn't try to scam someone else.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I applied to make up. Within 15 minutes I felt a burning sensation. I was in a car so I wiped it off of the baby wipe. I stopped at the first gas station, wash my face and within 24 hours was covered in similar to acid burns, blisters and other marks.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I'm Younique obsessed! I started out using the mascara and it just went from there! The skin care is phenomenal and has shaved years off of my skin, the makeup makes me look years younger and I love it, I finally found a way to rewind time and not break out.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I purchased the product from a presenter. Purchased it based on the good experience this representative relayed to me. The day creme is ok, but for the price, I don't see the value. I purchased an eyebrow gel and it was empty. I called customer service and they asked me to prove it was empty by sending pictures. I asked them how I was suppose to send them a picture of a non-existent product. They asked me to wipe the wand on my hand and take a picture. I did just that and sent the picture. They sent me back an e-mail saying that they could not see anything, and I responded that was because the tube was empty. After several e-mails and calls, and two weeks later, I still have not received a replacement or refund. Today they sent me an e-mail asking for the lot number.

Original review: March 13, 2017

The skin products are great! My skin has had no change since using these makeup products. If anything they have made everything slightly better. I prefer more earthy, tan, black colors so everything in my opinion is great for me. I personally have not noticed too many bright colors or color choices. This brand is very good. It is a bit expensive but everything I buy usually last a long time and has great quality so in the end it's worth it. I'd definitely recommend purchasing if you have issues with your makeup looking unfresh all day!

Original review: March 12, 2017

Younique is all natural, and also hypoallergenic, it goes on beautifully. The coverage gives a flawless look without unnatural ingredients. The coverage goes on so smoothly. Younique gives a natural look and feel and is easy to put on. The variety of the color palettes is awesome. There are so many to choose from, and they have complimentary shades to achieve a lovely look. It is a little pricey, but lasts a long time, and a little goes a long way. In addition, they have good sales and bundles. Since it is high quality, the price is worth it.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I only need to apply it once during the day and it looks fresh through the entire day. No need to reapply at all. I'm very satisfied with the coverage. I think if used everyday the value is a little high but I use it a few times a week and it last me a longer time which to me makes it worth paying a little more for than other brands. I would like to see a few more lighter shades to choose from. What they offer is close but not quite what I would like to see from them. The process to me doesn't really meet my skin tone. I have been satisfied with the effect of L'Oreal on my skin. It goes on smooth and absorbs into the skin without feeling heavy or greasy on my skin and since it's a liquid it covers well.

Original review: March 7, 2017

They have very few shades and since you order online you can't try it on to see if it's the shade that will match up to your face color the best. It makes my skin clear looking when on but when you take it off your face is dry and will break out even more than it was before you put it on your face. It doesn't stay on well if you don't use the primer first which I don't like at all but if you have the primer it will stay on half a day otherwise it will rub off on everything. I don't like that you have to buy a primer to make the makeup last on your face so that makes it cost more than what it should.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I like this brand. The value of good makeup is immeasurable. Younique makeup is fabulous, it doesn't melt off and it delivers on its promises. It stays where you put it for a long time. The makeup comes in a great selection of colors. If you are looking for a 'natural' look or a 'glam' look you can find the right colors for you. Younique has it all. I prefer makeup that doesn't feel like makeup and I think that Younique products deliver on that aspect. They do not flake off or feel cakey, very comfortable to wear.

Original review: March 5, 2017

The value of Younique is so worth the price. I'd probably pay more than what I do for the coverage that it provides. This makeup is absolutely amazing, and I love it. The shade is perfect in every way and I love how perfectly it matches my skin color and tone. It does not cause any problems with my skin but of course everyone's skin is different. My skin is actually a lot softer after I take the makeup off and it does not dry my skin out or make my skin oily. It stays on perfectly and last all day, and would likely last through the night. I never have to reapply the foundation and even by the end of the day all blemishes are still completely covered by the makeup. This makeup is wonderful and I would highly recommend this makeup to everyone.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Truly unique. Younique has many great makeup selections. I love how you are always able to find many things to suit your needs and satisfy individuality. I love all the different colors and shades that are available. It inspired me to choose colors that I could be interested in and look amazing in. The way the makeup feels on my skin is amazing. As if I am not even wearing any. It is so light weight and does not leave you feeling like you just put a lot of grease on your face. This makeup is really great. It last me all day and I do not have to keep reapplying to ensure that I am still looking my best. I would recommend this product if you do not like having to continuously reapply.

Original review: March 3, 2017

It is a little more expensive than store brand, but the quality is worth the price. Works very well and looks great. Safe for sensitive skin. Lasts all day and is pretty waterproof. I have not had any issues with smudging or fading throughout the day, unlike other brands I have used in the past. You are definitely not missing out on variety when you purchase Younique. It has a wide variety of colors and shades to choose from, just like most brands of makeup. Has colors and shades to match every skin tone and color preference. Very high quality makeup. I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Younique is a very good over-the-counter makeup, almost high end quality, you don’t have to use it excessively and has good coverage. Comes in various shades and so much of a variety it can match pretty much any skin tone. Various ethnic skin types can use this as well. Shadows are bright and bold. The effect it has on skin is amazing. It doesn't cause massive breakouts as most drugstore cosmetics do. It's very light, doesn't leave an oily residue, nor does it leave a shiny appearance. I can apply this at 6am in the morning, take care of 7 kids (all ages), slave over a hot stove and still have a great looking appearance at 10pm when I'm finally removing it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Younique is totally worth the price! Awesome makeup, awesome application, easy on your skin and holds up with the best of them! So many awesome shades available! I love them! I can't stop buying them! They are so great and so pretty! This makeup feels so great on your skin. It is gentle, and washes off clean without redness or breakouts. You can leave it on overnight without any issue which is awesome. This makeup has awesome staying power. It lasts all day and into the night, through workouts, and any other daily activities.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Younique is a little pricey, but worth the value. I only need to apply my makeup once in the morning and an occasional touch up in the early evening. A little goes a long way so the price evens out anyhow. I love the 3D lash mascara and powdered eye shadow. I've never not found a shade of eye shadow I was looking for and the shades I do order are exactly as I expect them to be unlike some brands that look totally different once applied to the skin. I have sensitive skin, but I've never encountered any issues with Younique make-up. It comes off easily at the end of the day and my skin never feels excessively dry or oily afterward. I can almost always apply my makeup in the morning and trust that it will stay put most of the day. I sometimes have to do a small touch up in the early evening, but that isn't typical.

Younique Company Information