4.32/5
Based on 453 reviews that contain star ratings

warriorcustomgolf.com

Our mission at Warrior Custom Golf is to create and deliver quality, top-performing custom golf products through the utilization of cutting-edge technology and superb customer service. Our years of experience and knack for innovation will ensure that your custom golf set will not merely meet your expectations, but exceed them.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

454 Warrior Custom Golf Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I agreed to try out the driver, which I got to keep for free if I also tried the 3, 5, and 7 woods. I got confused during the conversation, and thought I would not be charged for the woods until the trial period had ended. I could then either pay for them or return them. When I found out that my account was going to be charged immediately, I called and cancelled the order, because my account could not stand the immediate hit. There was no hassle from them, and the order was cancelled immediately. They followed up with an email apologizing for the confusion, even though it was my fault. They also said they would ship my original package deal for free, which included a putter, golf balls, shirt, hat, etc. They are trying very hard to live down the negative reviews here.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

A couple of months ago I agreed to trial a Warrior driver and in return I'd get 3 free custom wedges. I made the mistake of not reading the reviews online before calling. Long story short, I agreed to the deal and was charged $340 within a couple days, but didn't receive the clubs for over a month. Fairly bad start... After receiving the clubs I waited about two weeks to make my return call. I made my call on a Thursday at around 2:45 PT. Hold time was minimal and in total the call took 21 minutes. I spoke with a guy named Mike who was friendly, but extremely persistent on trying to get me to keep the clubs. I was kindly refusing his offers over and over. The offers kept getting better and better, but I was keen on getting my full refund and just keeping the 3 wedges. After about 20 minutes of refusing his offers, he finally gave me the return number. I promptly returned the clubs and received my full refund just a week or so later.

I wrote this review to show that it is in fact possible to return the clubs and get your full refund. Every other review that's on here indicates that it is borderline impossible to get any refund and that this is the worst company on planet Earth. My advice is to be kind to the salesmen and just be patient with their sales pitch. It worked for me.

Get expert buying tips about Golf Club Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Took advantage of a free driver for 29.95. The stipulation is that you buy 3 woods, the 7, 5 and 3 woods for a total of $476.95, try them out, return if don't like. Received the clubs about two weeks later. Took them to the range to try out. They drastically underperformed to the clubs that I have. The issue I had was returning the clubs. I had a very, very aggressive sales guy as a return specialist. This guy offered multiple options for me to keep the clubs, intense pressure sales, would not take no for an answer. He became rude and belligerent to the point where I finally had enough, I got frustrated and told him to just give me the freaking return code. He was a true **. If it sounds too good to be true, it is!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Don’t do it. I agreed to trial Warrior Golf golf clubs. I signed up because you keep the hybrid at no cost as well as 24 golf balls. The clubs I received were a driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood. I tried them on the driving range and 36 holes. They were fine, but not worth $600 dollars. The hybrid did splinter somewhat after a few hits. When I called to receive a return authorization number I figured it would be a hassle, I expected waiting on hold (20 minutes), but didn’t anticipate being harassed by the sales associate because I wasn’t interested in their product and simply wanted information on how to return the clubs. The associate would not confirm the mailing address, refused to answer any questions about shipping costs, and became very short.

He then asked my age. When I responded that my age wasn’t related to returning the clubs, the associate rattled off all my information they had file from when originally signed up and said to just give him my age. When I had to insist that I simply wanted the return information he abruptly hung up. When I called back, waited on hold for another 10 minutes, I spoke with a “supervisor” who I can only believe was a different sales person to forcefully push their product. After him going through 3-4 different sale scenarios I finally received the return authorization number.

In total it took roughly an hour to receive the return number. Shipping and handling is also not covered for either shipping the clubs to you or on the return. My guess is Warrior Golf is betting they hassle you long enough and lower the price from $600 to $200 during their final offer and people will be so exhausted that they’ll just give up and cut their losses. I don’t have high confidence that I’m finished with this nonsense and expect it to be a continued hassle for this company to refund my money.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I received a promotion to try Warrior clubs via email and called to see what it was about. I am a good golfer but am thinking of making a change to my Driver and woods. I decided to take the offer but after consideration because of the limited choices in shafts I changed my mind at least for the moment. I called customer service and rightfully so, I got a bit of a pressure talk give the clubs a try, but since I really needed to do more research and was not 100% comfortable I stuck to my guns and asked to cancel the order.

The customer Service person I spoke with was very nice and though he thought I should give them a try first he canceled my order. I may have made a mistake but I like to see and touch and try before I buy and not worry about having to send them back for a retweak or refund. I give the company an A+ for customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warrior Custom Golf?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was emailed about trialing a revolutionary new driver for free so I called. Not sure how they got my address. Everybody is interested in a better driver. Was told only 200 people were given this chance. I was then told the offer was only available if I paid about $350 and trialed 3 fairway woods at the same time. I did it and then returned the clubs 8 days ago and emailed and phoned Warrior to confirm the return. I have not been refunded yet. Shipping cost me $38 and really I would doubt if the driver could be sold for that. The driver does not perform. Is too light and shaft is not high quality. Ditto for fairway woods. Maybe OK for beginners. I am not sure. I will update when I get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Let's start with FREE driver. 26 dollars to ship. It gets here 26 days after paying for it. The club is not worth 25 dollars. No head cover. You can't talk to anyone or post what you think about the driver.

Original review: July 31, 2018

This was indeed the most aggravating company I've ever dealt with. Trying out a company for the first time, you'd think they would do whatever they can to prove that they are a worthy company to do business with. First, I received a coupon at a golf tournament to get a free hybrid and wedge. All I had to do was pay for the shipping. When I called, they pressured me into trying their line of drivers and when I said I wasn't interested, they basically said OK we'll send you the hybrid and wedge and hung up the phone. Not even knowing if I was a right handed or left handed golfer?!?

I had to call back and complain in order to get the order corrected as to my height and swing (left or right). I understood that it would take 4-6 weeks for the "custom" order. I then ordered 2 dozen promotional golf balls. (Just pay for shipping). Four weeks later, still nothing. At the same time I ordered a putter. I was really looking forward to trying their putter to see if it would improve my game. I paid for the putter although it was a reduced price of $40.00. Should have taken two weeks per their website. Four weeks later, nothing had arrived.

When I called (for the second time) to inquire as to where my items were, I heard the same excuse. "Our promotion is so popular that it's taking longer to ship". Do you just want to cancel the order? Seriously? That's your customer service response? I was so aggravated I cancel everything and I will never order from them ever again. If you're going to have promotions, then expect the increased need for employees and product to fill cover your demand.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Tried out three woods and whether I kept them or returned them, they threw in a Driver and putter for free. I had just bought a new 3 wood but thought I would hit their 3, 5 and 7. All the clubs hit ok but I didn't really want to carry a 5 and 7 wood in the bag since I mainly use hybrids after my new 3 wood which I liked better. I absolutely did not like the way the Driver hit but the putter was actually ok. Returned the Woods and kept the Driver and Putter as they offered. Yes high pressure sales tactics to get you to keep and pay for the other clubs and they will discount them to try and get you to keep them or throw in other stuff but if you say no enough, you will get our money back less the shipping.

Also tried out their irons but not much better than my Pings so I called to return them. Again did a hard sales job to get me to keep them and eventually discounted them so low, I kept them (and the free bag which is a basic bag) for a very good price. Good backup set or additional set for when relatives come to visit from out of town. Can't speak to overall quality since I have not played with them enough but they seemed ok on the range.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I originally bought a 4 hybrid and a gap wedge I saw on Facebook for $49.95 for the pair. Then I got the offer to try the 3-5-7 woods $133 each and got a free driver. I like all the clubs. Was then offered the 2,4 and 6 hybrid which all were my choice and got a free driving net and some golf balls for $100 each. I bought the mallet putter for $60 (love it). Now I had more woods than I needed, tried to by the Irons but they wouldn't sell them individually. I really liked the 2 and 4 wood so I decided to return the 3,5 & 7, after some haggling and they were very nice, they sent me all the Irons 3-PW, 56 & 60 Degree wedges, 2 dozen ball, a hat sunglasses, tees and more if I kept the woods and paid $49 shipping and handling. Even though I liked the 2 & 4 I decided I had more clubs than I needed so I tried to send back those clubs. What I wanted was a new bag to keep all these clubs and I got the brand new cart bag and more golf balls.

Somehow I got a shirt another hat another dozen balls and a putting system. All the clubs have oversize gripes, except the wedges, and senior flex graphite for my height. They also provided head covers for all the woods and the putter. I have a complete set of Callaway X-18's, Bertha Drivers, woods and hybrids and the Irons alone cost me as much as I paid for the all the warrior stuff. With the green bag, head covers it is a nice looking golf set and I have a 2nd set for a visitor. I'm 72 just getting back from back surgery and I am enjoying these new clubs.

Original review: June 14, 2018

BEWARE! If it sounds too good to be true... Yes, it is! They offer a free club to keep after trying out other clubs for them. They make it sound risk free, but money comes out of your pocket on day one! They charged your credit card for the clubs on trial and the free one; while you are testing and creating a review for them. Then, when you want to return them, it is almost impossible to get back in touch with them and when you finally do, they start offering to keep them at a reduced cost. More hassle than it's worth! If you want to try out clubs, it's cheaper in the long run to simply loan out well known brands from a golf shop.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My experience with Warrior Golf's products and representatives has been very positive. The golf clubs - The first thing I look for when picking up a club is how it looks, and the Warrior metals and irons are truly beautiful. Secondly, I like the way they are built to my needs and specification. Oversized grip, (which I later exchanged. More about that later) Senior-flex shaft, etc. In the past 8 or 9 months I've ordered so much from Warrior that it’s hard to keep the deals I got straight. (Obviously a very satisfied customer!) My first order, I believe, was a driver that was free, as was FOUR dozen balls, and a bunch of other golf accessories, when I purchased their 3 and 5 Metal. I liked the 3 and 5, so I kept them and all the free-bees!

Next I believe it was a couple hybrids that I bought. With that came more free balls and a free Scotty Cameron knockoff putter. Loved 'em! Kept everything. The clincher was when I ordered the iron set - the 3 thru P. When I told the representative that I would prefer a sand wedge over the 3 and 4 iron, he responded that the company could not break up the set. HE THEN TOLD ME that Warrior will send me ALL the irons AND THROW IN A FREE SAND WEDGE! Somewhere along the line I got a new Warrior Gap Wedge (I believe at no cost).

SO, REGARDING THE OVERSIZED grips that I mentioned earlier... I decided that I preferred the Standard Grip. Instead of me having to send the clubs back to have them re-gripped, they sent me all new grips which I had put on at a local golf shop for just a few bucks each. ALL IN ALL my experience with Warrior Golf has been a very positive one. The clubs are great! My game has improved! The representatives were friendly and very responsive to my needs. And I got a lot of free stuff. What more could I ask for. I highly recommend Warrior Golf Products.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I fell for the try these clubs for 45 days and you can return the 3 & 5 Woods and keep the driver free. I was charged $300 till my return which then it would be refunded. You have to call and get a return number in order to return clubs which I did except the wait that day was 53 minutes and I did not have the time. So I explained to the person on the phone that I had to drive 50 miles to the nearest FedEx office and I had an appointment that day so could I go ahead and ship these items and get the return number when I got home and she told me that as long as I got it before the clubs arrived at their location that would be fine.

I shipped the clubs, returned home that afternoon and called for the number. I sat on hold for 45 minutes then for another hour had to listen as to why I needed to keep the clubs and all the stuff they would throw in for my $300. I explained twice that I had already shipped the clubs as I was told I could and he informed me that the package would be refused and sent back, and lo and behold it was. I also explained to these folks that I am retired military living on a fixed income and was doing all I could to save on expenses by doing exactly what they themselves told me I could do. So now I am out over $100 for this free driver. I should have known better, these folks don't give a rat's ** about the consumer. It's all about the almighty $. Please beware and do not deal with Warrior and remember that If it sounds too good to be true it is.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Ordered golf balls for $12.95. Have no idea about quality, though their claims were highly competitive. Not the point. After 3 weeks I emailed them and was told they had a back order. After six weeks they still had a back order. I cancelled order. My guess is that it's a come-on to get my name and email address for further solicitation for their golf clubs. Years ago, I took the bait and ordered a wedge that was supposed to be free. It never came, and after multiple phone calls and emails, I cancelled that order too. They only seem to fulfill orders for a set of three clubs, and from what I've been told the quality is just what you get for the money. If anyone wants a custom-made set of clubs for $400, check with your local club maker. It's no big deal to get a very satisfactory, full set of clubs for that price.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have had a good experience with Warrior. I tested their irons and bought them. Much better than the Adams clubs I was using. Now testing driver and 3-5 woods. Received a putter at no cost and it has helped my game. Easy return policy.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I keep getting offers on my phone. When I try to call I can never get through. Some message comes on and says, "Your call didn't go through", kind of frustrating. I have used Warrior clubs and find them to be of good quality, and have written reviews saying so. If I am not going to be able to contact Warrior about the offers, I would prefer not to be contacted about offers... All I have to say.

Resolution response: Jan. 9, 2018

I want to let all know that as of 01/04/2018, Warrior Custom Golf did, in fact, refund the 399.00. I am very grateful for that, just some what disappointed that it took a year.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Warrior Custom Golf will give you reasonably good deals on golf clubs, however, per the deal, you can try them for X number of days and return them, if not completely satisfied. I accepted a deal from them that involved hybrids 2 through 6, plus I was sent a driver, which I requested and a two metal, but they sent me a three metal. I was OK with that, as I needed the three metal as well. I was given 45 days to try them out and if not satisfied then call for an RA number to return them. While I'm not a good golfer I do know what works and what does not, so I called to get an RA number to return the clubs, as they were really of no use to me. The cost of the clubs was 798.00, by the way.

After a lengthy phone call with these guys, which included a completely new set of clubs for free, plus other offers, I finally agreed to keep the clubs they originally sent, but would be refunded 399.00, which is half the cost. That was in January of 2017. Here it is September of 2017 and I STILL have not received the refund and have sent them several emails regarding this matter. Bottom line, if you get offers from Warrior Custom Golf and if you want to keep your money then DON'T take anything from these criminals. You'll be sorry, if you do. Any clubs you get they will make you all kinds of offers to not return them. No matter how many you turn down, they'll keep making offers. I'm not saying the clubs, themselves, are bad, but you do not see and professional players using them. I'm out 400.00 and will probably never see it. If I do I'll update this review.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I don't write reviews, but I want this to be known, and people should be very careful. I placed an order with Warrior Golf for a 3w, and 5w along with a complimentary set of wedges. This order was placed in late July, with a stipulation that they were to process my credit card in early September, as I was transitioning between jobs. On August 9th, I called Warrior and spoke to one of their sales associates. I asked that my order (which was still weeks away from being processed) be canceled, as I was gifted some clubs and no longer needed them. He assured me it was a quick process and that he would take care of it.

Now, on September 5th, I was charged 410$CAD, with no confirmation of purchase, no order number, no tracking number and certainly no clubs coming my way. I called your company immediately and spoke again with the same sales guy, and got the "oh my bad, this is my fault I should have taken care of it". Yes, he should have. I appreciated that he took responsibility for the incident, and he assured me he would be refunding my credit card and sending me a confirmation email of the refund that day. I waited until the end of my work day, and called again. This time I was told Johnny was busy, and that "he will be dealing with this shortly". I am still waiting on my refund. I have received no confirmation that the refund has been processed. Be careful.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I received a driver and it was defective so sent it back for repair. On my dime and get the club back and they are charging me for shipping back their defective club to me. I did not charge them for shipping it back. Then the customer relations person said, "Well you got a great deal on the clubs." No I didn't if it was defective and still tried to stick with the shipping. Last club I will ever purchase from them.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I recently bought a set of your new irons, when Joseph asked me how my ball went when I hit the ball. I told him that I hit a slice a lot. I received my new clubs and couldn't wait to go out and play. Every shot that I have hit with these irons and gone straight and now that I have learned how to realign my shot I am getting more pars and birdies. I am now shooting in the high 70s and low 80s, before these iron I was shooting in the high 80s and low 90s. Yes I will keep my new irons and play as often as this 74 year old man can. Thanks much for making such a great club.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I purchased a driver and a hybrid from Warrior Custom Golf because of the deal which was going on at the time. Everybody at the store was nice. All of my days at the golf course are good, better than work anyway. The driver works really well. I was able to hit it fairly straight with that driver. I don’t have a lot of hooking or slicing. And the hybrid, I really like it in the fairway. It’s a good club.

Original review: March 30, 2017

The first time I bought from Warrior I got a lob wedge and a #4 hybrid. Then they sent me something that said they'd give me a driver if I was willing to try the 3, 5, and 7 woods, and I was delighted by them. They’re very nice clubs and I enjoy using them. Their staff was pleasant enough to deal with. They delivered what they said they would in a timely fashion. And I like the product. The Warrior driver added about 30 extra yards to my drive. It was a very nice improvement. All of the woods and the hybrids are particularly nice and I like them. I'm not crazy about the lob wedge, but it isn't bad. I'd be interested in trying some irons, if the irons that they have are all similar to the lob wedge that I bought or if the irons could be with a different shaft and more customized to my swing path, what they have available, and price-wise, what they have.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Transaction is not what was discussed. Promised returns within six months and the paperwork said 45 days. My fault, I should have read it upon receipt. The Clubs are for beginners with no feel or ability to shape the ball. I learned my lesson. I will continue to do and say what I can to warn others.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I have already bought from Warrior Custom Golf three times. I got more woods, the irons, and the wedges. I'm well-loaded on it. Their representatives have been pretty good but there's one time when they were trying to pressure me to buy something that I already had. My game has improved a little already. I've enjoyed their clubs and I'd recommend it to a friend. In fact, I gave one of the clubs I got to a friend of mine.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Warrior was an interesting option and was reasonable so I decided to try it. Their reps were very responsive and I purchased a driver, a 5-wood, a 7-wood, and the 52, 56, and 60-degree wedges. I kept the items for 45 days, tried them and figured they were okay. The driver is terrific and the wedges are really good too. However, I'm not real happy with the 5 and 7-woods as the heads are much too big and probably I'm not going to use them anymore. About two weeks ago, I used Warrior clubs and had one of the best rounds I've ever had. Overall, my experience has been reasonable and generally highly satisfactory with the exception on the 5 and 7-woods.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I've purchased two sets of irons, a driver, fairway woods, a couple of putters and balls from Warrior Custom Golf. I've talked to several people regarding promotions and they have been good to work with. The website is easy enough to get around at, too. I'm happy with the clubs. They're better quality than what I had before.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I've purchased from Warrior Custom Golf twice. I've gotten a wedge set for signing up and purchasing a set of Fairway Woods which was the 3, the 5, and the 7. I felt like I was able to get a little more loft with the Fairway Woods than I had with my previous set. And the distance was about the same. Warrior's product is very good and I found the team at Warrior to be very professional, very knowledgeable and very helpful. There was no pressure and I would certainly be interested in dealing with them in the future.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I started getting the driver and three wedges from Warrior, then it went farther and I got pretty much all of it. Their reps are very good and thorough on answering questions I had. I got all the woods, the driver, the fairway woods, a set of irons, a putter and a bag. They're good quality clubs. The irons and woods are really nice and the putter is very quality made and nice for me. But the pricing on some of the fairway woods might be a little high. Also, it gets to be a little more of a personal choice depending on a person's swing arm. I have a lower handicap but there are some higher handicap players that would benefit a lot with these clubs. But I always wanted to try these out. As far as golf technology goes, these drivers are really nice but they're not exactly fitting to my swing and style.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got a set of three wedges and a couple of hybrid clubs from Warrior, and they were better compared to my old clubs. I felt more confident in the equipment. I saw a little bit more consistency with my game because the clubs are a little better-designed. I had a couple of long phone calls with Warrior's customer service because I had a lot of questions. They answered everything except nothing changed because you have to play the clubs to figure it out.

The reps were very confident. They believe in their product, but they didn’t guarantee anything. They just said, “Based on experience and other reviews, the people saw improvements.” So, they’re pretty awesome about it. They also make offers like, “Get this free club and get a free club.” Then you talk to them, and there’s always a catch for it. They'll say, “You’ll get it free but you have to buy these other ones to get that one free.” It's a teeny bit misleading but I’m aware of it now so I just get right to the chase.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I responded to an internet letter and Warrior Custom Gold sent me golf balls. Their customer service team did a good job when I did the orders. I purchased three woods, two irons and also got a driver for free from them. I liked the fairway woods better than what I've been using but the irons are comparable to the ones I had before.

Warrior Custom Golf expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in Irvine, CA, Warrior Custom Golf, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets custom golf clubs for golfers around the world. All of their clubs are built on-site by golf club builders, including master golf club builders with 20 or more years of experience. Consumers can buy customized Warrior Custom Golf clubs online or over the phone.

• E-fit: Consumers can buy customized golf clubs of all types online using Warrior Golf’s handy E-fit feature. Consumers input information, including gender, grip size, shaft flex and shaft length to get recommendations for their customized golf club.

• One year free adjustment program: Golfers can try their clubs out and have them adjusted at no cost for a full year after they purchase their customized golf clubs.

• Book a tee time: Golfers can easily find and book a tee time right from Warrior Custom Golf’s website. The tee times are discounted, and they are fully refundable if the course does not play due to inclement weather.

• Accessories: Warrior Custom Golf sells a wide variety of golf gear and accessories to help your game, including golf bags, travel gear, golf clubs, apparel, junior golf clubs, towels, shoes and more.

• Preview and play: The preview and play program allows golfers to preview and play with a set of golf clubs before they are released to the public. In return, consumers are asked to offer their honest feedback about their experience using the golf clubs.

• Best for: Warrior Custom Golf clubs are best for intermediate and advanced golfers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs