2. Shopping
  3. Golf Club Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Our mission at Warrior Custom Golf is to create and deliver quality, top-performing custom golf products through the utilization of cutting-edge technology and superb customer service. Our years of experience and knack for innovation will ensure that your custom golf set will not merely meet your expectations, but exceed them.

Warrior Custom Golf Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I ordered a set of clubs from Warrior only to find out right before they shipped I was given another set of clubs for a gift.. So when the clubs arrived, I promptly packaged them back up and call Warrior and explained the situation and to get a return authorization number.. The Sales rep the receptionist all but called me a liar and kept berating me trying to get me to take clubs and gift them to someone else.. I finally got a return authorization number and did everything you are supposed to do in order to get a full refund but yet here it is almost a month later and no refund... So whatever you do, don't trust Warrior Golf with your money, They have ripped me off so far....

Warrior Custom Golf response

Thank you for participating in one of our test plays, and we appreciate your feedback. My apologies on any inconvenience you experienced with us. Normally we quote next billing statement for refunds to get processed. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can check with accounting on the status of your refund. My direct line is +1 (800) 574-9790 extension 353 or you can email me at: samantha@warriorcustomgolf.com.

Regards,

WCG

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I too tried their clubs, not impressed as I returned them...went to the company HQ and this is what I learned there from talking with receptionist and walking to the back of the building where the club "installers" are. The huge warehouse door was open...the club "installers" are a couple of woman and one guy. The empty boxes outside the warehouse showed the "equipment is manufactured in China". They have no real R&D Department. This company buys golf parts from China, have low paid people put them together and put the heavy sell on you about "custom". As in do you want a regular, stiff or senior shaft? What size grip? How far do you hit the ball with a driver, what club do you use from 150 yards. Are you kidding me, there is no actual fitting. This company is for 20 handicappers and old farts who think they play golf. OUT!

Warrior Custom Golf response

We do get some components from China but all of our clubs are custom built in the USA. Each club is designed and built to the customer's specifications and thoroughly inspected. We do offer a year warranty of adjustments and repairs. We want to make sure you are satisfied with all of your clubs so please reach out at your earliest convenience. My direct line is +1 (800) 574-9790 extension 353 or you can email me at: samantha@warriorcustomgolf.com.

WCG

Get buying tips about Golf Club Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have signed up for Warriors gift packages and it's a mix bag for me. I liked the polo's and a few of the items in the gift box, other items not so much. I liked the gap wedge it gave me 20 more yards right out of the bag. The driver and woods hit worse than my old clubs. The head came off of my old 3 wood so I signed on for the trial. When attempting to ship them back I was redirected to a supervisor who then kept making more deals with me. Eventually I was sold a complete set of irons 3- pitching wedge and a blade putter for $99.00 and they dropped shipping cost to $20.00. So at this point once received I have the complete set of warrior clubs in my bag, Hopefully the irons prove better than the woods.

Warrior Custom Golf response

Thank you for your accurate evaluation on the clubs, we appreciate all of your feedback. Keep in mind we do offer a year warranty of adjustments and repairs so we can always replace a damaged or broken club. If there is anything you need in the future please feel free to contact me directly. My phone number is +1 (800) 574-9790 extension 353 or you can email me at: samantha@warriorcustomgolf.com.

Regards,

WCG

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I received an email message from Warrior, offering me a free 350$ value VIP Gift as a thank you for my loyalty. I fell for the scam, and agreed to pay 60$ shipping and handling. Warrior sent me a valueless box of junk, albeit containing three golf balls that might actually be playable. The worst part was not the junk itself, but the boldly stated "value" means I now owe Norwegian custom duties and VAT in the amount of 120$, for a box of trinkets I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for. The T-shirt was a lousy fit and ugly to boot. The laster rangefinder was a joke - a value of maybe 3 dollars in a novelty store. Needless to say, it didn't even switch on. I guess I can find a use for the three balls and four pegs, but the most valuable lesson is this: AVOID WARRIOR LIKE THE PLAGUE. They are nothing but crooks.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I accepted and offer to trail golf clubs and get fully refunded if not satisfied. They charged my credit card for $479.00 immediately. I never received an order confirmation or notified when or if my clubs would arrive. I ordered 9/17/19 the clubs finally arrived 11/4/19. I decided I did not want the clubs in 11/4/19. I made several call to customer service over the next several days and was told that I needed to talk with a supervisor who would call me back shortly.

After several days and many calls I got a call. The man I talked to kept me on the phone for over and hour and never would give me a RMA to return the clubs. I finally accepted and offer for a 50% refund and to keep the clubs. I have never received the refund. I email customer service after 2 weeks and they said they would process the refund that day. I never received it. I emailed them again and have not got a response. I plan to submit a complaint through the BBB. Please be careful if you decided to take them up on one of the offers as you will never get your money back if you decided not to keep them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warrior Custom Golf?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Only good thing I can say about Warrior Golf is their salespeople are very talented. It's like attending a timeshare sale pitch. Anyways, they sold me three golf clubs that I tried on three different occasions for a period of one month. Decided I didn't care for the clubs and sent them back within the test period allotted on my dime. After Warrior received them they were inspected and deemed good. I was suppose to receive my refund of $300 but never did. It's been over 9 weeks and have yet to see anything. Called them several times any I always get an apology and that they are working on it. Still no refund. Taking this to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

In September I ordered Warrior golf clubs. I was charged $489.80 to my credit card. After 3 weeks of not receiving my clubs, I called their number and was informed that they were in the process of sending them out. Another 3 weeks and still no clubs. At this point, I called and canceled my order and was informed that they would refund my money... well, you guessed it. No money. Another 2 weeks and I finally got it. I will never ever deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I did the test play program where I tested the 3, 5, 7, and got the driver for free. I had to pay $450 plus shipping for the clubs but could return them within a certain time period and get my money back. I wanted to return the 3 wood but when I called the guy gave me a free putter and offered me the wedge set to keep the 3 wood (I already had the 60 degree wedge so he gave me the 52 and 56).

I played this past season with the clubs. I like the 7 and 5 woods (I went back to my old driver). But the 7 wood rusted. I waited to call to get it replaced until I was done for the year as I didn't want to be down a club. I should have read the paperwork first because it is a strict one year warranty from when you received the clubs. I had to buy a new club or head plus pay for shipping for their club rusting after playing less than 10 times with it. Beware if you call them, they are major salespeople. If you do one of their test programs, say you want to return a club and you can probably get a lot of stuff for free (of course except for the shipping).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

These guys are absolute losers in my opinion. I called as they emailed me because of my subscription with "Hole 19". I thought free balls to try - why not. Ended up talking to a swaggy sales guy who convinced me to try their clubs and hybrids at no cost for 45 days and if I like them I pay $459. After I hung up I decided to google them and saw some HORRIBLE reviews. I immediately called to speak with the same sales guy and was given the runaround. I called at least five times with the same result. I then called and spoke to customer service to cancel my order. Again, I was given the run around. I ultimately called my credit card company to reject any charges from Warrior Golf. Unfortunately they could not do that but what they asked me to do was put my card on freeze for a couple of days, which I happily did. In a couple of hours I got an email from my CC that a charge for 459 was rejected from Warrior Golf. Watch out for these guys - crooks.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was offered a Warrior driver at no cost in return for trying out their 3, 5 & 7 woods. I paid $150 for each club with the promise I could return them if I chose. It also came with the caveat that nobody returns the clubs given their quality. Big expectations! I was instructed it would take 2 - 3 weeks to build and ship. My order went in on 21 Aug 2019. They arrived on 17 Sep 2019. I was entered into a 3-day tournament starting on 18 Sep so waiting for the clubs to arrive became increasingly tense.

I took them to the range the night before the tournament and it seemed the clubs performed well. I hit the ball well and there seemed to be an increased sweet spot. The mis-hits seemed minimal. Distances were challenging to calculate as it was a soupy night and visibility was low (I live in the Northwest). I noticed that the the shafts of the 5 and 7 woods would vibrate upon making contact with the ball. With the exception of two or three great feeling drives, making contact with the 3, 5 & 7 woods seemed off, shaky, with the shafts manifesting a vibration.

Going into the tournament I thought it might be fun to play with the clubs, contingent upon my experience at the practice range the morning of the tournament. When I informed my partner about my decision, he was less than excited for my idea. For some reason, I couldn't hit the ball straight with any of the clubs on the practice range. Perhaps it was nerves (1st tournament). So I returned all of the clubs to my car except the 7 wood, which I used that day. My few strokes with the 7-wood were average, but the shaft rattled each time I hit the ball. The club was forgiving, but it didn't bring that sweet feeling of nothingness when one strikes the ball in the sweet spot.

After the tournament, I played a full round with the clubs at a local course with a 132 slope (White) and 136 slope (Blue) respectively. Typically the course is very challenging and frankly, it eats my lunch more than I care to remember. Lost balls are commonplace. On this day I shot a full round with zero lost balls. Rather amazing for me. My score was below my handicap. Yet, I rarely hit a solid wood shot the entire day. The driver never found the fairway on the first 5 holes (par three's omitted). I retired the driver on the 7th hole and only hit my 3 wood from that point on.

The vibrating shafts became more noticeable throughout the round. The clubs were most forgiving, but I couldn't help think that it seemed harder to find the sweet spot or even the distant thought that perhaps one must give up a solid sweet spot at the expense of a widening sweet spot??? Curious to know if my below handicap round was related to the Warrior clubs or because I was somehow improving, I played the same course a few days later with my existing clubs. I play a Rogue driver and 3-wood, along with hybrids that offset the 5 & 7 woods. The results were another below handicap round, two strokes better, in fact. However, my drives and play from the fairway with my 3-wood were sweet.

It seems the Warrior clubs do not have the quality feel that my existing clubs carry. I like the face of the 5 & 7 woods but the vibrating feeling in all of the clubs is a concern. I ordered stiff shafts as my swing speed is about 98 - 104 mph, but driver felt a bit flexible. As a side note, my playing partner hit my Warrior driver like a pro (he tried it on two subsequent holes, 8 & 9, after I retired it). He hit his drive as far with my driver as his driver and didn't notice anything unusual about it. I truly want these clubs to work as I'm building a second set of clubs for one of my sons to entice him into the delightful game of golf so he can learn how to swear for no reason, just like dad. I intend on trying the clubs one more time to verify my findings. I'm leaning towards returning the clubs unless I can figure out if the vibrations are stemming from something I'm doing vs. something in the manufacturing process that doesn't agree with my swing.

Warrior Custom Golf author review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in Irvine, CA, Warrior Custom Golf, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets custom golf clubs for golfers around the world. All of their clubs are built on-site by golf club builders, including master golf club builders with 20 or more years of experience. Consumers can buy customized Warrior Custom Golf clubs online or over the phone.

• E-fit: Consumers can buy customized golf clubs of all types online using Warrior Golf’s handy E-fit feature. Consumers input information, including gender, grip size, shaft flex and shaft length to get recommendations for their customized golf club.

• One year free adjustment program: Golfers can try their clubs out and have them adjusted at no cost for a full year after they purchase their customized golf clubs.

• Book a tee time: Golfers can easily find and book a tee time right from Warrior Custom Golf’s website. The tee times are discounted, and they are fully refundable if the course does not play due to inclement weather.

• Accessories: Warrior Custom Golf sells a wide variety of golf gear and accessories to help your game, including golf bags, travel gear, golf clubs, apparel, junior golf clubs, towels, shoes and more.

• Preview and play: The preview and play program allows golfers to preview and play with a set of golf clubs before they are released to the public. In return, consumers are asked to offer their honest feedback about their experience using the golf clubs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team