4.18/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

warriorcustomgolf.com

Our mission at Warrior Custom Golf is to create and deliver quality, top-performing custom golf products through the utilization of cutting-edge technology and superb customer service. Our years of experience and knack for innovation will ensure that your custom golf set will not merely meet your expectations, but exceed them.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Warrior Custom Golf Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have accepted four offers from Warrior. I have been very satisfied with the clubs and the prices. I usually shoot 87 or but after I got the driver, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9 wood I played only with them for 10 rounds with a putter and one SW both Warrior clubs. I shot all 10 rounds at 85 or a little less. My accuracy improved with these clubs. Maybe do the senior flex shaft and they were fitted for me. This past weekend I shot a 78 and only added the new 7 iron and pitching wedge to the bag. No longer hitting zingers off to the right or the ball fat. I worked on my swing before the clubs arrived through separate offers, but I have never done so well on the course. I am very happy with the clubs because my game has gotten much better and far more enjoyable, maybe because I am serious about my game and take the time to study my mistakes. But the clubs I received certainly did help!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Just today I accepted the free cart bag offer in exchange for agreeing to try out 4 custom clubs: driver, 3, 5, 7 woods. The offer is you have 45 days from receipt of clubs to try out them and can return them for full refund if not satisfied, but the bag is yours to keep. They said they will charge my credit card a total of $620 ($170 for driver and $150 each for woods) plus $50 or shipping. Since I just got a credit card with 0% interest for 15 months I thought I would give it a try. Salesman said they should arrive in about 2 weeks. I figure if I don't like the clubs and end up paying the $50 for shipping plus maybe another $40 to send the clubs back, I could have nice cart bag with 14 dividers for about $90. We'll see how it goes and I will update this site as to how it turns out.

Get expert buying tips about Golf Club Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I also did the “Try our driver, 3-5-7 wood”. Way overpriced at $150 per club. All I was hoping to get was a 7 wood that would hit the ball higher than my 6 iron. The driver, 3-5 woods were not impressive. But, the 7 wood was just what I wanted. The “deal” that I agreed to was to try out the clubs for 45 days, return the 3-5-7 and keep the driver and bag. After the wait for the supervisor - I said that I wanted to send them all back. After the “used car haggling” here’s what I got. The bag, driver, 3-5-7 wood, 3 thru pitching wedge, putter, hat & tees. $99. With the initial $50 shipping for the bag & woods, then the $20 shipping for the irons & putter. Total $160 out of pocket. I haven’t hit the irons or putter (and may never do it) but someone that I know will want these clubs. I even found a Warrior gap wedge in my shed. Great experience even if I never use them.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been involved with Warrior for several year. I have gotten a driver, several woods, irons and balls. Although not all clubs have been right for me, they are still good clubs. I especially like the wedges. I've used Vokey and TaylorMade, but these wedges perform just as well. I have never had an issue with customer service. Sure they pressure you a little, but you can always negotiate with them and they always stand behind their word. This last order was a set of their new irons plus free 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges for $495. I also received a dozen golf balls free. I've sent clubs back for refunds before, but I've also kept some. Either way, they have treated me right. I would highly recommend their products. I am a 7 handicap and have used Titleist and TaylorMade irons. These clubs are solid and play well plus I like to change things up some.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I signed up, got the free balls, told them I didn't want the clubs and never heard from them again and I have no issues with the golf balls. Granted I'm 75 and a 25 HCP but for me the balls are just fine, just as good as the Callaway Supersofts I was using. What's the big deal?? If you are that hot buy the expensive stuff but don't complain about decent stuff for free!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Warrior Custom Golf?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

In September I ordered Warrior golf clubs. I was charged $489.80 to my credit card. After 3 weeks of not receiving my clubs, I called their number and was informed that they were in the process of sending them out. Another 3 weeks and still no clubs. At this point, I called and canceled my order and was informed that they would refund my money... well, you guessed it. No money. Another 2 weeks and I finally got it. I will never ever deal with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I did the test play program where I tested the 3, 5, 7, and got the driver for free. I had to pay $450 plus shipping for the clubs but could return them within a certain time period and get my money back. I wanted to return the 3 wood but when I called the guy gave me a free putter and offered me the wedge set to keep the 3 wood (I already had the 60 degree wedge so he gave me the 52 and 56).

I played this past season with the clubs. I like the 7 and 5 woods (I went back to my old driver). But the 7 wood rusted. I waited to call to get it replaced until I was done for the year as I didn't want to be down a club. I should have read the paperwork first because it is a strict one year warranty from when you received the clubs. I had to buy a new club or head plus pay for shipping for their club rusting after playing less than 10 times with it. Beware if you call them, they are major salespeople. If you do one of their test programs, say you want to return a club and you can probably get a lot of stuff for free (of course except for the shipping).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

These guys are absolute losers in my opinion. I called as they emailed me because of my subscription with "Hole 19". I thought free balls to try - why not. Ended up talking to a swaggy sales guy who convinced me to try their clubs and hybrids at no cost for 45 days and if I like them I pay $459. After I hung up I decided to google them and saw some HORRIBLE reviews. I immediately called to speak with the same sales guy and was given the runaround. I called at least five times with the same result. I then called and spoke to customer service to cancel my order. Again, I was given the run around. I ultimately called my credit card company to reject any charges from Warrior Golf. Unfortunately they could not do that but what they asked me to do was put my card on freeze for a couple of days, which I happily did. In a couple of hours I got an email from my CC that a charge for 459 was rejected from Warrior Golf. Watch out for these guys - crooks.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was offered a Warrior driver at no cost in return for trying out their 3, 5 & 7 woods. I paid $150 for each club with the promise I could return them if I chose. It also came with the caveat that nobody returns the clubs given their quality. Big expectations! I was instructed it would take 2 - 3 weeks to build and ship. My order went in on 21 Aug 2019. They arrived on 17 Sep 2019. I was entered into a 3-day tournament starting on 18 Sep so waiting for the clubs to arrive became increasingly tense.

I took them to the range the night before the tournament and it seemed the clubs performed well. I hit the ball well and there seemed to be an increased sweet spot. The mis-hits seemed minimal. Distances were challenging to calculate as it was a soupy night and visibility was low (I live in the Northwest). I noticed that the the shafts of the 5 and 7 woods would vibrate upon making contact with the ball. With the exception of two or three great feeling drives, making contact with the 3, 5 & 7 woods seemed off, shaky, with the shafts manifesting a vibration.

Going into the tournament I thought it might be fun to play with the clubs, contingent upon my experience at the practice range the morning of the tournament. When I informed my partner about my decision, he was less than excited for my idea. For some reason, I couldn't hit the ball straight with any of the clubs on the practice range. Perhaps it was nerves (1st tournament). So I returned all of the clubs to my car except the 7 wood, which I used that day. My few strokes with the 7-wood were average, but the shaft rattled each time I hit the ball. The club was forgiving, but it didn't bring that sweet feeling of nothingness when one strikes the ball in the sweet spot.

After the tournament, I played a full round with the clubs at a local course with a 132 slope (White) and 136 slope (Blue) respectively. Typically the course is very challenging and frankly, it eats my lunch more than I care to remember. Lost balls are commonplace. On this day I shot a full round with zero lost balls. Rather amazing for me. My score was below my handicap. Yet, I rarely hit a solid wood shot the entire day. The driver never found the fairway on the first 5 holes (par three's omitted). I retired the driver on the 7th hole and only hit my 3 wood from that point on.

The vibrating shafts became more noticeable throughout the round. The clubs were most forgiving, but I couldn't help think that it seemed harder to find the sweet spot or even the distant thought that perhaps one must give up a solid sweet spot at the expense of a widening sweet spot??? Curious to know if my below handicap round was related to the Warrior clubs or because I was somehow improving, I played the same course a few days later with my existing clubs. I play a Rogue driver and 3-wood, along with hybrids that offset the 5 & 7 woods. The results were another below handicap round, two strokes better, in fact. However, my drives and play from the fairway with my 3-wood were sweet.

It seems the Warrior clubs do not have the quality feel that my existing clubs carry. I like the face of the 5 & 7 woods but the vibrating feeling in all of the clubs is a concern. I ordered stiff shafts as my swing speed is about 98 - 104 mph, but driver felt a bit flexible. As a side note, my playing partner hit my Warrior driver like a pro (he tried it on two subsequent holes, 8 & 9, after I retired it). He hit his drive as far with my driver as his driver and didn't notice anything unusual about it. I truly want these clubs to work as I'm building a second set of clubs for one of my sons to entice him into the delightful game of golf so he can learn how to swear for no reason, just like dad. I intend on trying the clubs one more time to verify my findings. I'm leaning towards returning the clubs unless I can figure out if the vibrations are stemming from something I'm doing vs. something in the manufacturing process that doesn't agree with my swing.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This company agreed to send me fairway woods to try, and would let me keep a driver if I took the time to rate them. I was allowed to send them back within 45 days, rate the clubs and keep the driver. The company took a credit card on file, and sent me the clubs. They randomly charged my card, and when I wanted to send them back they sent me from salesperson to salesperson wanting me to keep them for another bonus offer. I told them I was pissed off that the guy lied and charged my card and they said the person mistook the 45 day no questions money back guarantee as free trial. I told them I did not want the clubs and they kept saying they needed to generate a return number. Finally I got an authorization number and sent them back. They did not accept them when FedEx dropped them off because the authorization number was not on the outside of the box. Then they accepted them and never sent me my money back.

Warrior Custom Golf expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in Irvine, CA, Warrior Custom Golf, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets custom golf clubs for golfers around the world. All of their clubs are built on-site by golf club builders, including master golf club builders with 20 or more years of experience. Consumers can buy customized Warrior Custom Golf clubs online or over the phone.

• E-fit: Consumers can buy customized golf clubs of all types online using Warrior Golf’s handy E-fit feature. Consumers input information, including gender, grip size, shaft flex and shaft length to get recommendations for their customized golf club.

• One year free adjustment program: Golfers can try their clubs out and have them adjusted at no cost for a full year after they purchase their customized golf clubs.

• Book a tee time: Golfers can easily find and book a tee time right from Warrior Custom Golf’s website. The tee times are discounted, and they are fully refundable if the course does not play due to inclement weather.

• Accessories: Warrior Custom Golf sells a wide variety of golf gear and accessories to help your game, including golf bags, travel gear, golf clubs, apparel, junior golf clubs, towels, shoes and more.

• Preview and play: The preview and play program allows golfers to preview and play with a set of golf clubs before they are released to the public. In return, consumers are asked to offer their honest feedback about their experience using the golf clubs.

• Best for: Warrior Custom Golf clubs are best for intermediate and advanced golfers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs