Wal-Mart - Customer Service

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order that was to charge me $12.95. My credit card was charged $22.99!!! Then try to talk to customer service! That is not going to happen. They do not have time for customers! So now I am trying to cancel it so I can order it from some place that won't charge me double! Walmart has no time for customers!!!

I have been trying to return a headboard I ordered online from Walmart.com. The store will not allow me to return it because they said it was shipped from HomeSquare. But I ordered it from Walmart. Before I ordered it I called the Germantown, MD store and I was told I could return it to the store. But now they are telling me it came from Cymax. Cymax wants to charge me a restocking fee of $134.59 and also pay to return the headboard and insure it. The headboard has not been used. It is new. I am willing to bring it back to the store or to a UPS or FedEx facility to return it but I'm not paying to ship it and I'm not paying a restocking fee. I have called customer service four times and they just keep giving me a runaround saying they will talk to Cymax and get back in touch with me. But again I ordered the headboard from Walmart not Cymax. I want a full refund on my credit card.

I ordered a camera from Wal-Mart, which came from a different company. I paid $9 for shipping for the thing which I feel is high. Shipping seemed like it took forever to get here. I used it a couple times, and first thought was how cheap this is. The thing quit working after a couple uses. The screen goes all weird and fades in & out. The door is about cheaply made. The program that comes with it to crop photos is also junk and hard to use, I had to go back to my old crop program. I can't return the item to Wal-Mart since this other company sent it to me. I can't get a hold of anyone. I even wrote the BBB about it and have not heard a word. For the Near $30 or $35 I spent on this thing, I could have invested that in a good camera instead of a camera that I got to use 2 times and now sits here collecting dust and taking up space. Maybe I should plant it out back in my yard next to all the Beta's I buy from this store that keep dying.

Last time I returned a fish the clerk argued with me for 20 minutes but the guy returning the huge thing of oil that I saw he stole off the shelf when he walked in the door, she gladly refunded him, and his cost was 6 times more than my fish. I just wanted another fish, he wanted back his $30 or more. Maybe he was her boyfriend, I don't know. Clerk even asked me is this the same fish when I went & got another one in store to exchange it, and no the first one was dead so it was not the same fish but a one just like it that died that night and now I have to return that too. Mostly I wanted a camera for the holidays which well I got to take no photos yesterday for thanksgiving. How do you replace those memories? Yes I have some receipts and can get a copy of my bill for camera.

I asked for my online purchase. My purchase is a Hamilton Beach microwave and the cashier refused to give me my microwave. They place me out of my way. See I'm disabled and I don't have a car and I expect them to wait on me in a timely manner and to be courteous. I'm a old customer. I have been shopping WalMart since 1984 and I have been loyal customer and I want to be reimbursed for car gas and service charge. And I want the microwave to be given to me for free for placing me out of my way.

I called Walmart Customer Care center on 11/18/16 to report a problem with my Vizio 55" LED TV. They scheduled me a appt with Audio Video Repair on 11/21/16. I didn't receive a call from this company so I called them on 11/21/16 around 9:45 am and was told that they didn't receive any request from Walmart customer care but when I gave the rep my service request # she then told me that they were booked until after Thanksgiving. This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase electronics from Walmart ever again. Best Buy or any other store will honor your warranty. Please DON'T purchase electronics from Walmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

I was today to buy a toy for my grandson and ask the employee that accompanies the toys in the section and I informed that they did not have. I went to the shelter and found them in stock. I made the claim to the employee and she was very dissatisfactory. Shortly said "I did not understand." I think that it is not a place for the elderly. The employees are deeply and hidden to not help people. Do not go to that store. Go to Target.

After 1 week waiting for my item delivered to the store, I got a message Nov 15 to pick up my order until Nov 22. Today Nov 17 I got a message, that they returned my item because I never picked it up. When I was looking today in my account, they already returned the item yesterday, Nov 16. I tried to chat with the customer service (turned out they are somewhere in India or this region), she first of all corrected me that it is Nov 18 (no - here in the US it's Nov 17) and then tried to explain me something about "turn on and turn off" and "new policies" (no idea what she wanted to explain me). This behavior of Walmart is insane and makes me really angry!!!

I ordered a microwave online and went to the store to pick it up. The associate there told me that although Walmart websites may say an item is in stock, it often is not. The microwave I ordered (and paid for) was not in stock. The associate offered to re-order it for me and I'd receive it in about a week. I told her no, because I planned to get a different model while I was there. Later that day I got an e-mail saying my order was in process. The store had ordered the microwave even though I told them not to. I sent a message via their website, and got no response except that I got redirected (not by choice) into a "live chat". It was very apparent that there was nothing "live" about it.

No matter what I wrote, I got an automatic response based on a key word I wrote. The chat was a TOTAL waste of time. I then called Walmart (800-925-6278) and spoke with a very pleasant and helpful woman (American, not foreign) who answered each question directly and thoroughly. She resolved the problem by cancelling the order the store placed. Overall, Walmart customer service chats, e-mails, and online communications are frustrating and futile, but this particular phone conversation was productive and pleasant.

The ad said it had a 1 year warranty and it quit after 2 months. Chatted with customer service and it was like she was talking to several people at once. Took forever for her to answer a question. She said I could not return this laptop for a new one, that I only had 1 month to do that. I asked her what I had to do because the warranty on the ad said 1 year. She never answered me and I waited for 20 minutes!!! Told her her help was useless and now I am P***ED. BTW DO NOT order a Lenovo laptop from Walmart!

I bought my son an Xbox gift card so that he could load it onto his Xbox to buy games. When we got it home, he tried to use it, but the card had not been activated. I returned to the store with my receipt, and after waiting in line for 25 minutes at the customer service desk was told by a very rude employee that they cannot activate, exchange, or refund the card. When I asked what I should do, or if I was just screwed out of the money, she shrugged and practically threw the card and receipt back at me. I asked to speak to the manager. She said she IS the manager. However, a different name is listed as manager on my receipt. I am not sure what to do at this point. I guess I will call and ask for the manager whose name appears on the receipt. At any rate, I am angry and will not shop at Walmart again.

I purchased a tablet, I decided to purchase an identical tablet so I could teach my wife how to use it. The second tablet never did start up properly. It gave us trouble from the start! I tried to work with it as best I could. I decided to return it to the store repacked in the original container. At the Walmart is where I heard of your 15 day return policy. I did not have this tablet a month, I can't afford to fork out 200 dollars for something that won't work right! I left your store with my grocery list, I won't enter your store again. Over the years I've spent quite a lot of money with you, this whole experience upset me very much, I'll tell my disabled vet buddies about this!

Ordered a bed frame and mattress through online system of Walmart. Couldn't ship to store so arranged to deliver to a friend's address. Delivery date was for the 12th November. We were arriving in New Mexico on the 14th for 3 days in our new home there. Tracking the delivery the bed frame was sent separate to the mattress and is arrived by the 12th but the mattress was not even shipped.

Called their helpline by chat service and was told it would arrive by Monday meaning we would have to stay in a hotel. As we were getting ready to leave from Phoenix to New Mexico looked up the delivery date and it now said "Wed. 16th." So now we will have to stay an extra day to receive the mattress and be inconvenienced by sleeping on the floor. They should not give you the expected delivery date that cannot be met. We gave it an extra 2 days to arrive thinking that would be safe. Would never order from Walmart again. Customer service is nonexistent and no satisfaction guaranteed. Not looking forward to our 3 days on the floor instead of the bed we ordered and paid for in adequate time.

The chat line was to a representative in India who apologized for the delay but was unable to deal with the problem of getting the delivery to us on time even though we called on the 9th to complain because the expected delivery based on the tracking number said the mattress had still not been shipped. We were told it would be delivered on the Monday the day after we arrive so one night on the floor okay, we can live with, but then when the date moved to the Wednesday we just can't be bothered to call chat or whatever because it is a pointless exercise. So be warned if you really need the arrival of your goods to be on time DON'T order through WALMART!!! Complete waste of your time and money.

Shopping at Walmart is not something I like to do. My daughter wanted a specific item that they had so I went at the check-out. The 2 workers were talking about today's election. I chimed in and my story to JENNIFER my cashier my husband died last Christmas eve. After talking to Jennifer I finally felt like someone understood my pain. All this was done while checking out. I hope our country and our lives get better! Thank you so much Jennifer. I will never forget you. GOD BLESS!

Ordered item on walmart.com. Email it's ready for pickup. 50 seconds later - yes 50 seconds later - it's picked up but I live 45 minutes from store duhhh. Called store. No one picked up in customer service or online pickup. Called customer service 800#. Did not know anything. Said store will contact me. 24 hours later no call from store. Walmart only wants your $$ and gives you no support or satisfaction. Look at their ratings. Better to buy elsewhere as I will do.

When calling in a payment for credit card service on the same day as due, they don't process it and make you pay a late fee which is unacceptable. I spoke with a representative that told me she was reversing late charge since I paid over the phone. Got three more late fees. The manager states I paid late again and I always pay from my account. I checking my account... There was nothing. Your manager was rudely. Customer service representative was rudely. I believe Walmart makes their money charging bogus late fees. I'm very disappointed in Walmart.

This is the second time I have experienced this at this Walmart store ST#01452. This occurred close to 4pm. I was asked for my receipt upon exiting the store. The first time it took me by surprise because I was never asked for my receipt before at any Walmart, more so this one which I frequent. The first time it occurred I asked the store clerk why and I was told because my items were in a non-Walmart shopping bag. (I brought my own reusable bag). I asked her "are customers not allowed to bring their own shopping bags?" I got no answer.

Then it occurred again. I was asked for my receipt and again I asked the clerk could she explain why I was asked for my receipt, laughing in a rude way she said that the items in my bag were not visible. I was confused. I asked her why she did not ask the person before me or the person that just passed me, she said she could see the items in the "Walmart bag”. I again had brought my own shopping bag and I told her "you cannot see through the gray Walmart bag." She said have a nice day. I asked her again kindly because I was confused about this policy and her explanation made no sense. As I left the store I called the store phone number on the receipt and asked to speak to the manager. I was put on hold, then someone came on the phone. I asked her if she was the manager and she said she was the "Assistant Manager”.

I asked her for her name and she refused to. I explained to her that I needed clarification on the store policy about checking customers’ receipts as they exit the store. I explained what I had just experience in the store where she is. Her response was that the clerk is by the door to check every customer receipt and they are required to check every customer receipt. My response was that did not occur because the person before me or after me were allowed to exit without their receipt being checked, her response was that some people do not stop and that she will have a talk with the clerk. (This makes no sense to me). And I told her that.

I asked her, “so if I had continued to walk the clerk would have allowed me to leave with no issue?” She could not answer that question. I explained "if there is a store policy is required to be enforced and not being adhered to do, you understand how a customer may feel if suddenly they are stopped and asked for their receipt? Especially if the customer is a regular and had not been stopped before?" I also asked her about customers bringing their own shopping bags if that is a reason for checking a receipt, she said no, that is not an issue. I mentioned to her that this issue should be brought to the attention of management about this receipt checking policy, because I am not seeing it as a store policy. It is profiling and I am certainly not a shoplifter. If it is a store policy it should apply to “All” customers.

I frequent this Walmart. Prior to these two incidents I have never been asked for my receipt before. I have observed however the behaviors of certain female clerks in this store. A couple of female clerks who may be leads of some sort, because they wear the yellow vest. While I was paying for my items (the second time I was asked for my receipt upon leaving the store) one of the clerks in the yellow vest walked passed right behind me as I was paying for my items. When I was leaving the store I was asked for my receipt by the clerk at the door. This second experience has made me very uncomfortable and I will not shop there ever again. I know I’ve spent probably a few thousands of dollars well in this Walmart store since I began shopping there. I spend another dime at this Walmart. And if I can avoid it, I will not shop at any other Walmart. I can only hope this receipt policy issue and what I experienced is looked into.

Walmart is a conglomerate giant and it is “we” you and me and others like us that have made them this giant. Because we are their customers. What we do not realize is the power each of us have in our individual pockets or wallets or purses, very tiny in comparison to what Walmart makes every minute from our purchases but together. We can make Walmart be responsible for the actions of their employees. Be consistent, be fair, provide good service. In other words, properly train your employees.

I see that Walmart has an overall “one star” rating on this site by the mere submission of individual customer reviews like mine. This rating should now impact their earnings. Customers need to speak their experiences and not let Walmart or any other business get away when they render poor service, or dishonest service, or unfairly profile certain customers etc. We the customers are putting money in their pockets. Walmart may be a retail giant, but there are other businesses that they are competing with. And we the customers can make it a very hard competition for them.

I went to buys some stuff and found notebook in clearance section which had 50 cent sticker on it. With other stuff I put in may cart and at register it ring up $4 and some change. Clerk told me she cannot do price match. I asked for manager and clerk took me to lady name Melannie and she just removed sticker from notebook. She was rudest person on earth the way she talked. I asked it’s from clearance section. She yelled on me saying, “No, it’s not,” and started walking to her room. I told her I will complain corporate her attitude was. She does not care. So as Walmart if you don't care about customer service please close your store from our town and every time I hear that Walmart is opening a new store I will try to go to meeting and oppose new Walmart opening. Walmart SUCKS. I want to know outcome of my complaint.

Consumer Increased Rating!

5-Oct - Night: We bought a cookware from Walmart (420 Buckland Hills Dr, Manchester, CT 06042). When we went back to home and opened the packet, it was rusty and look like used. 21-Oct - We went to return and Walmart refused to return saying we have used it. Whenever we buy a packed cookware nobody open the packet at the store. We check at home only. Also we can not make it rusty on fly in 4 days... Are you kidding me? It's not about $40 item but the trust with Walmart that millions have over the decade. Very bad experience while discussing with store manager over there. Please do the needful.

I purchased 2 $45 refill cards, paid with credit card. One card would not scan to validate. I was given credit on my bill for the charges on one card, and the cashier told me to get another service card. I went and got another card. I paid cash for the second card. When I got home only one card was valid. The other card would not work. I went to Walmart Ash Flat, Ar. The service department personnel told me that the cards I brought did not match the receipt where I paid with my card, and that there was nothing they could do. I said "so I lose my money that's almost $50. I can't afford to lose that." I finally got a manager. After over 1 hour, the manager took my receipt and after another 35 minutes came back and said the cashier had given the wrong refill card and replaced it. The end result was good but after an hour and a half of frustration and being treated like I was a crook by the customer service personnel.

I was shopping online for two electronic pieces and decided to call the store in White Plains, NY to see if they have the two items in-store. When I called to be transferred to the Electronic Department by the automated system, the phone just rang, no answer. Now, I am a very frequent shopper at this location so, I know there are workers on the sales for in the Electronic Department.

After the phone rang so long, the automated system came back on and asked if I would like to try the department again press 1, or if I would like be transferred to the Customer Service Department press 2. I selected option 2 for Customer Service. Someone answered immediately! Unfortunately, when I asked her if she could assist me with the two electronic items, she asked me for the model number and I said, "Hold on. Let me click on the picture of the item since I was online and I didn't write down the model number." Without hesitation, she said, "Hold on" and decided to transfer me to the Electronic Department after I already told her they are not answering their phone.

The phone rang forever! (I am at work being transferred every single time! No one has time to be put on hold for so long/always being transferred in White Plains, NY since it a very busy location filled with workers). I felt like she wasn't paying attention to what I said to her and tried to get off the phone with me. So, my phone call gets transferred back to the Customer Service Department and I asked the new person to please assist me and she said, "Oh, they didn't answer, let me page them" (the electronic department). (So, from her response, I noticed that she knew about the Electronic Department not answering their phone).

At this point I am annoyed and irritated. After being on hold for about 8 minutes, she picks the phone back up to let me know she will help me instead but after she is done with another customer and I said okay. I was on hold for another 5-8 minutes when I decided to hang up. I found the items somewhere else and gave them my services. All I wanted to know was if that location had two small electronic items. This is ridiculous!

Walmart auto in Rhinelander, Wisconsin - Went to the walmart auto center for tires at 7am last Wednesday morning when they opened to get the tires rotated and the workers were not at the desk and took their time coming to ask when you want done. Was there 2 hours. Very slow service and with no appoints you will wait 2 hours anytime you go there. Fleet Farm takes care of their customers far better. I will not buy tires from Walmart again.

I went to electronics to get an iPhone charger. I was the only customer in the department at that time. There were 3 employees there gathered around. I asked if they could help me. They split in different directions. One ran off to a different department saying he was waiting on a customer (I was the only customer in sight) and the other two just disappeared down the aisles. When I got home I discovered I had gotten the wrong charger.

On October 5th I purchased a Revlon 1/2" curling iron. When I opened the box at home I discovered the curling iron was at least 3/4". The next morning I returned to the store where an employee ripped open the box and the wrapping around the iron and discovered the curling iron was an old used curling iron. After about half hour with several employees looking a the curling iron I was not granted a refund.

Back in July I signed up (and paid for) Walmart's new shipping pass program. This is their answer to Amazon's prime membership. With Walmart's program you purchase items that are labeled shipping pass eligible and you're supposed to have free shipping and receive them in 2 days. That has never happened, not even one time, it always takes 4 days or longer to receive what I ordered. So yesterday (after ordering some shipping pass eligible items on October 6th and still not having them on October 10th) I contacted their customer service department. I spoke with 3 different people, everyone of them apparently holding a degree in rudeness before I realized that not only does Walmart not honor their obligations, they don't give a crap about whether or not their customers are happy or satisfied. This is probably a result of them being so large, they don't have to care what one person thinks.

But that will catch up with them one day. If they don't think it will they should look at Sears and Kmart and several others that came before them and are on their way out. I was told that I didn't receive my order because I live in an inaccessible area (I live in the middle of a city with deliveries going on all day and evening), that I didn't order before 11 am (but they couldn't explain why that would hold my order up more than 1 day) that's it's because I ordered before a weekend (that isn't explained in their policy anywhere that I could find) and finally that it's my fault. I could hear them whispering and laughing all of the time they were talking to me. I may only be one person but I am one customer that Walmart has lost. I love the $49 I paid for shipping pass and I'll never see that again, but they'll never see me again either.

I am 52 years old and went to Wal-Mart with my 22 year old son to buy house warming gifts for my daughter's new apartment. After spending two hours in Wal-Mart buying everything from towels to silverware we proceeded to wait almost 20 minutes in line because there were only three cashiers open. My son rings up his items separately behind me because he is paying for his own groceries. When the cashier gets to a six pack of beer in my items she says she needs my ID and my son's ID behind me who has not even began to ring out his groceries yet. My son is autistic and has never consumed alcohol. He did not understand why the woman wanted to see his ID. It put him on the spot and embarrassed him. I told my son to show her his ID.

After ringing out all of our groceries which came to $176.00 for mine and $32.00 for his. I proceed to customer service to speak to a manager. He acted like I was trying to buy beer for my son. He could not grasp the fact that my son was of age to buy beer himself if he wanted to so I told him I would just return everything I had purchased and proceed to spend my money somewhere else. I have never been so infuriated and will never return to that Wal-Mart again. I will go to J.C. Penney tomorrow and buy my daughter's gifts.

I ordered underwear from them. Boxer Briefs. I double checked the order and the size, XL. It was correct. I even printed off a copy of the order. When they arrived, 5 weeks later, they were plain briefs in a size XS. I checked the website, the order had been changed to briefs size XS. Customer service wasn't very helpful but eventually refunded my money.

When I went to place another order, I accidentally deleted my card info that I had been using since 2005. I tried to place the card back on the account. [Note there was an outstanding order on this account.] Walmart told me that they couldn't validate the card at the same time they charged the card for the outstanding order [nice trick... if you can't validate it, why are you charging it?].

After 5 calls to their customer service, I finally got one of the reps to understand what had happened with the card. By then the outstanding order had shipped. And I noticed on my bank account that Walmart was withdrawing $1 thirty times in row on the same day. I called. They had no clue. Withdrawals vanished. I checked two days later, the same unverified card they no longer had had 10 $1 withdrawals. On the phone again. Fixed. Still told they had no clue. This continued for TWO weeks. I deleted my account and warned them if they kept it up, they could speak to my lawyer about fraud. The withdrawals abruptly stopped after that call. I will never do business with them again.

I ordered the wrong type of lawnmower by mistake from Walmart.com and went to the nearest Walmart to return it. I was told that they would not take my return at the store, so I called and they said the store should take it. I took it back to the store two more times in Alpharetta Ga off of Windward Parkway & highway 9. The management there told me to pound pavement both times and that they would not take it. I called the number again and they sent FedEx. Then two days later they send the lawnmower back on my doorstep. It was beyond ridiculous at this point so I called my credit card company to file a dispute. I didn't win this one so I have called Walmart 10 more times and FedEx took the mower again. This time the mower has not come back to my doorstep. However Walmart service is like we don't know if we have the mower back. LOL.

Now they have escalated to Corporate Line who then hung up before answering my call so I called again. I am willing to bet that Walmart has spent over $1,500 in service costs when they could have just taken my mower back at the store. I should send them a bill for wasting my time as well. I am still on hold with Corporate. If this is not resolved with this call, I am just going to give up. At least the hold music is okay. Sam Walton would be crying right now if he knew how bad this is.

I just signed up for the Wal-Mart Mastercard last month because they promised a 10% discount on your first purchase. When my bill came in, nowhere on there was the 10% discount applied. I called into customer service to find out what was going on. He informed me that, "oh you'll get that in 2-3 billing cycles". Needless to say, I was highly upset! Nowhere did I see that info when signing up for the card. Maybe they had it in fine print somewhere but they sure do not make it clear to people that is what they do. I find this highly duplicitous and nothing short of cheap trickery! To everyone out there who's considering opening up a credit card w/ Wal-Mart--DON'T DO IT!!! It's a "scam" of a card. I don't even think I'll be going back into one of their stores either. Their customer service always sucked anyway.

Eight weeks and no less than 20 phone calls later to customer service people who have trouble formulating a sentence, Walmart is refusing to issue a refund and/or replacement gift card on a $250 gift card that was ordered online and NEVER RECEIVED. This is easily proven as it does not come pre-activated, but is rather activated via a code emailed to the purchaser (i.e. we cannot be committing fraud as whatever hole that gift card ended up in, it is completely worthless unactivated). Should be a simple fix, and with any other company whose corporate policy doesn't include fleecing the country... it would be. But lo and behold, here we are fighting with customer service people who get paid 18 cents an hour to do nothing but stay on script and say in rapid succession in a garbled tone that implies a traumatic brain injury: "I understand your frustration."

For the record, we did try to dispute the charge with Visa per Walmart's suggestion (typical of them to pass the buck), and Visa refused to issue a refund as well stating that Walmart provided USPS tracking information. Shame on you, Walmart. You are a $145 billion company that is literally incapable of doing the right thing.

I read in the Washington Post that "The retailer promises refunds to customers who bring in the affected sheets, their tags, or a receipt from purchasing the sheets for a refund." I brought in my receipt on September 12, 2016. I was told by the store manager that I needed to return the sheets. I showed him the article which states I only needed the receipt. I called Walmart customer service. They said the store manager should call me within 3 days. The store manager, Jorge **, did not get back to me. Next level: I was told that the marketing manager John ** would call me. He never did. Today I brought the sheets into the store with my receipt. The employee was unaware that the sheets were a recall item. He said that I needed the packaging. The tags on the sheets say "Walmart - 100% Egyptian Cotton." I don't have the packaging anymore. What now???

Wal-Mart - Customer Service Company Profile