Wal-Mart - Customer Service

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Samsung chrome book on Black Friday. That was a Christmas present for my daughters. We set it up after Christmas and it stopped working yesterday. The Walmart store would not take it back because it had passed the return date by 6 days. Walmart.com would also not allow us to return the defective product. It took a month to receive the chrome book and was shipped in a box that showed what was inside. Way to go Walmart. First you ruined Christmas because my daughters saw the box when it was delivered and now they have a defective product that they can't use!!!! I guess we will contact Samsung and hope we don't have to pay to ship it to them. You lost a customer!!!

I went to my local Walmart (#204) last night (12/28/16). Me and my brother decided we wanted to get some board games so he could play with my son, his nephew. Well my brother also wanted to get a video game out of electronics. We found a guy, ** was his name I believe. We asked him for some help and he came over and helped other people first. Strike one, not a big deal, but okay. Then he looked straight at us as we waited and walk away to talk to some of his friends while still looking and staring at me and my brother. Finally after 30 minutes of waiting I went and found another woman and asked if she could help us and she was right on it. She went and got the keys from the guy and he walked away. She got us the game we wanted and I asked if there was a manager I could speak to. She told me to go to the front and ask them to page a manager on duty. I went and did just that.

They called a woman up that was not a manager. I told her what happened and she said, "Okay follow me." I did and she took me back to electronics and found the guy and told him I wanted to talk to him and she walked away. I told the man why I was upset and he just said, "Okay, I'm sorry and walked away. I didn't feel like the situation was handled at all. So I went back up to the front and asked for a real manager. They brought another woman up and she asked what happened. I told her and she gave me a gift card for 10$, and then left it be. I still don't believe It was handled at all. I still will be calling the head manager of the store, If he does nothing I will be sure to call the district manager, This behavior from the staff is completely unacceptable. I work in retail as well and If I ever treated someone the way this Walmart has treated people I would lose my job in a heartbeat!

Tonight I went to one of your stores in Jasper GA and I had a item to price match from Walmart.com. The cashier was super friendly and said she would price match. She just needed approval so she called over whom I can assume was "Lead Cashier." Her name is Samantha. I showed her the item I wanted to price match and she looked at me and said "I’m not going to give this to you at this price." I informed her that I was just a other Wal-Mart and they priced matched for me. I even offered to show her the receipt. (I was in search of more than the last store had so I had driven to this location.)

She stated that she doesn’t care what other Wal-Marts do and was not responsible for what price they gave me. Then spoke into her headset to the GM (her name slips me) "can you please come here and see what I’m dealing with." That is the comment I didn’t feel was necessary. I was pleasant and kind and was just informing her that I had just gotten this deal. The GM comes over and say to Samantha to check the price at Walmart.com- she did and the price was more than in the store and Samantha looked at me and said "I'll sell it to you at that price." I was appalled that the GM was standing there and allowed her to speak to me like that.

At this point I ask the GM if they price match from the Walmart.com site and she would not answer my question. She simply said she wasn’t going to give me the price match price because she couldn’t find it in the system. Even though I had it on my phone and she saw it was on my phone on Walmart.com she refused. The cashier that checked me out, however was wonderful. She even asked the two ladies why we were not honoring a Wal-Mart.com price. They would not answer her. At this point I want to make it clear I don’t care about the item.

I guess I should of known I was gonna be treated unkind when I saw her take Christmas candles from the lady in the next check out because they were ringing up full price and come back with a price that wasn’t half off. She said to this lady “I don’t know what you want me to do about this, they are not ringing up half off so I'll give them to you for 11." (They were 15 dollar set of candles. So now she just makes her own price with her???) (And by the way all Christmas stuff was suppose to be half off at this Walmart.) What I’m upset about is how I was talked to and how they refused to honor Wal-Mart policy.

I asked them if they honor Wal-mart.com prices and they refused to answer me as well. They kept saying - "I'm not going to give this to you for that price." I have never in all the years shopping at Wal-Mart had a issue with price matching. I bring the ad and I show proof that it's a valid match. I just wanted it brought to your attention that you have people in a leadership position at your business treating people very rudely and not honoring your policy. I won't be returning to that store- I'll take my business to the Kroger or drive the 30 mins to Target if I have to.

Walmart is selling hacked Visa Gift Cards and they refuse to do anything about it. If you try to report the problem to Visa, you get a recording that tells you the balance on the card is zero and then they hang up on you.

Similar to another review, I purchased an item from Walmart that came from a third party. I was not shopping price, just availability. I was given a tracking number and delivery date and the item never arrived. Their vendor said I would get a refund in 48 hours. Walmart refunded the money to the gift cards that were already shredded so they then gave me credit on my walmart.com account, which I will never use again. Repeated calls to them, 2 hours on the phone at least, have left me without my refund. Here in rural Georgia, they have run many stores out of business so they are the only game in town. I suggest going to Amazon or any other retailer that has PEOPLE answering the phone, even if they are in Thailand or wherever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

My dad "tried" to send my a xmas gift, however, Walmart.com sent the completely wrong t.v; mistakes happen but it gets better, after my dad called to talk to them about the problem (THREE TIMES) the CSR said, "We will send a replacement by Thur, Fri and then Mon." Still no replacement (it's Wed). We have gotten wrong info and the run-around SO many times. It has just become weird! Still waiting... fingers crossed the real thing we ordered shows up by the new year!

Walmart Store #578. Where do I start? Like many I went on Black Friday to purchase some of their specials, unfortunately for me the item I wanted (27 piece Pioneer Woman Cookware) was already sold out. They said since this was a Black Friday blitz item that will NOT be restocked. Last week I was in my local Walmart with a hope I would stumble across one, and of course with no luck as I was told they were not restocked.

However I seen a fellow shopper that so happen to have the set in their cart, I asked where they got it since I just came from Homeware and they begin to tell me that it was a fluke that they got them in, and that their mother-in-law was a MANAGER, and she hid it for them but they got the last one. Well knowing this is against store policy I went to ask to speak with someone in store but no one could speak with me. I called the next day and when I told the lady what happened she just laughed and told me that they aren't suppose to do that but directed me to call (Melanie/Malinda) the next day since she was manager of Homeware.

I called and that was a very unpleasant experience. Not did she yell at me but hung up on me. So long story short online customer care is a joke. They did not seem to be concerned or cared about my experience, and brushed me off. So it's been a week with no call, email, no word at all. I do not recommend any in-store or online customer care service, they will just be rude, not take you seriously, or care.

I waited until Black Friday to purchase a new mattress, the one I have is old and I wake up in more pain than when I went to sleep, regrettably after looking in stores and online I choose Walmart. The order has not been received after about a month. I called customer service multiple times only to find out that an order with a tracking # could not be tracked? Only that it was shipped, even worse since the item is no longer in stock they cannot ship a new order until it is restocked, but I would have to cancel the original order first, and worst of all I would have to pay whatever the price is set at? When it is, so I basically wasted 5-10 hours shopping/looking online, about the same speaking to customer service and one month waiting only to be in a worse situation than when I started since all the sales on Black Friday nationwide are over.

I am almost positive one of their workers made a mistake because that particular store is always understocked and might have one person who knows what they're doing in each department? TOPS. The last thing they said is if it does not show up in 7 days I would get an automatic refund and have to start all over, (if I wanted that I wouldn't have made the order) basically telling me they do not honor their word or care about their customers. Proceed with caution and low expectations if you decide to buy anything online at Walmart!!!

After being in the store 2 hours, I was told they could not find all of my layaway. I didn't receive an apology until prompting at least 5 times. I had to come back to the store and I have been here for over an hour, still without my items. It is incredible that I am still waiting without any word on progress. Totally inconsiderate of my time and money. HORRIBLE STORE, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

I bought a Galaxy S4 for my girlfriend for her birthday. I also purchased the protection plan. I was assured that it covered all kinds of damage. After two months the screen quit working. I contacted the "care plan" and was told it had to be returned to Straight Talk. I contacted Straight Talk and was told that they don't take returns anymore that I had to return it to Wal-Mart. During this runaround the phone was left out and the screen was broken by one of our dogs. After calling the "care plan" back I was told that "the plan won't cover that". I am highly dissatisfied with my experience and the loss of well over two hundred dollars worth of products. The plan is a rip off as are the phones sold by straight talk. I will never buy either of these products again. And no packing slip was included with the product, imagine that!

Did online order, they lost it in shipping and gave me a runaround for two days telling me it's not their problem that should deal with their supplier. I paid them and they refuse to help me and telling me the company doesn't give a ** about online customers. Finally I got a refund, not present I needed for Christmas. All I wanted was a gift, took me over 10 hours on the phone not counting hold times and got hung up on two times and not called back.

I ordered an item online with guaranteed delivery by 12/9/16. I got an email the night of 12/8/16 saying my item would be delivered on 12/12/16. As if that wasn't enough, when I contacted customer service via email, they replied that, essentially, I am SOL due to the holidays (two weeks out). This is just one more reason I HATE shopping Walmart.

I ordered a 55" TV on Cyber Monday and paid extra to have it shipped by a certain date. I received notification on the date I was supposed to receive the tv that it had just shipped. Contacted Walmart and they said it got shipped late and refunded the extra charge I paid for early delivery. After a week, the tracking notification still said only a label had been printed, but not received yet. Contacted Walmart again. They said the 55" tv was LOST... Then said they would not honor the price and said the only thing they would do was issue a refund. FAMILY CHRISTMAS PRESENT CANCELLED!!! Really a great thing to have to tell your kid!

I have read over 20 reviews and I wish I would read them before I ordered from Walmart online. I ordered a TV and went through the order process up to payment. Walmart took my money, sent an email that the product was being shipped and even states that delivery would take place on a specific date. All the while the product is on backorder, they can't tell me when they are to receive it and that all I have to do is wait. I told them that they already charged me and that the norm is to charge when the item shipped and they stated that it was only a hold on the card, which is a lie.

I called to cancel the order because I will never order from them again and I found the product from a better company cheaper and they stated that the cancellation was not a guarantee and if I did not receive an email within 48 hours then I would receive an email that the product was shipped. I received an email immediately after the call that the order was cancelled, go figure. I can't believe that this company is still in business. Let's put it this way, I would rather pay more for an item at a store that I trust than save a penny with Walmart!!!

I purchased an Acer laptop at Walmart store # 6153. The location is 1105 Research Center Atlanta, GA 30331. To start with the customer service at this store is horrible. However I purchased the Acer laptop with the understanding that the Acer laptop was new. That was not the case at all. I also purchased a Canon printer with the Acer laptop. The customer service clerk in the electronic department never mentioned the two could not be paired and that there was no way they would work together. The electronic clerk was not knowledgeable of the devices being sold out of the electronic department.

I got home and tried setting the two up, only to find out the Acer laptop was not new. There were already files setup on the Acer, and drives that were disabled as well. I attempted to take the Acer back to get my money back. I spoke to a shift manager by the name of Ms. **. This manager was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I called Acer corp and the rep. told me first told that I should be able to take it back to Wal-mart and that there was nothing they could do because Acer has sold the Acer laptop to Wal-mart, and Wal-mart are the ones received my money for it. I called over to Wal-mart to speak with the store manager, whom I finally find out name ** if I was giving the correct information.

The person whom answered Wal-mart's customer service help desk was rude as well and tried telling me the store manager ** is never there. I later found out ** is there everyday up until 5:30pm. I could never get this manager on the phone. After several attempts the 15 day return policy is now up. I am now told this Acer laptop is not compatible with any printers and is only use is for internet use only. At this point I am not sure how to get this resolved. I attempted calling and going over to Wal-mart to get this resolved. I did finally speak to a support manager by the name of ** whom was helpful. ** told me she would have gotten this taken care of the first time I brought the Acer back. But because I had spoken to the shift manager Ms. ** there was nothing she could do but attempt to get me in contact with the store manager **. Whom since has not returned any of my calls.

On October 29th I made the mistake of going to Walmart for snow tires. When I pulled in I had the trip set on my dash and had around 10,000 miles on my odometer. When I picked up my vehicle it had 14 376. The paper I was given stated 14878. The manager gave me a letter stating she would call Nissan to find out how to fix the issue and I would be called on Monday. Of course I was not called. After being given tired of waiting weeks I called and was told there was nothing that could be done. I emailed customer service and received no response. I went to Walmart to save a few dollars and they are causing me hundreds of dollars. I will never shop there again. I'd recommend not using Walmart for anything.

I made an order for store pickup on the 24th of November which was suppose to arrive on the 30th but of course it never did. The order ended up coming on the 4th of December. I didn't complain. When I went to the store to pick it up, it was a tv stand that weighed 90lbs and was never asked for assistance to my vehicle. When I arrived home, I noticed that it was the wrong item they gave me. What I ordered was a tv stand that accommodates Tvs up to 70" and received one that accommodates tvs up to 52".

I called Walmart customer service. The agent was not able to help fix my problem and was transferred to a supervisor "Berny" member ID ** or **. He was not able to help at all. Then transferred to headquarters and Ms. Kinyata ** was trying to bargain with me. She did not want to ship the replacement to my address shipping free of charge. I never paid shipping to begin off with and she wanted to give me 50% shipping. It is ridiculous. A mistake that walmart has made was not solved. I'm stuck here with my order in front of me with no idea of what to do. This was not the first time they messed up with online order. As a customer I feel very upset and disappointed at the company and their staff.

Because of a technical error on the walmart.com website, my order for Bvlgari Au The Blanc 2.5 oz. spray perfume does not show up. The 3rd party Marketplace partner is not identified on the form that came with the order either, and I cannot get a refund for the wrong item being sent to me because I cannot contact the partner. The item sent was Bvlgari Black Eau de Toilette 2.5 oz. cologne. I ordered 3 tubes of toothpaste & they also do not show up on my Walmart account.

It is a Catch 22 because the Walmart Customer Service Reps have told me that I cannot get a refund without contacting the 3rd party Marketplace partner. However, it is impossible for me to contact the partner because my order is NOT on my account. I have contacted the Walmart Customer Service Reps six times about this issue, but they sing the same old story. In addition to that, they promised to send me an agreement document and a return label, but they have sent it to the wrong email address even though I have told them the correct email address 5 times, and they promised to correct it. I feel that the Reps are giving me the run-around.

I am very disappointed at the inefficiency of the Customer Service Reps in fixing simple errors. I am also disappointed in the technical glitch on my Walmart account that has caused this problem. Because my order is not on my account, I cannot print out a return label and cannot get a refund. The Marketplace Partner essentially did a Bait and Switch or someone cannot tell the difference between Au The Blanc and Black. Walmart should stand behind orders, in particular when an order doesn't even show up on the Walmart account. It is not MY fault that your website malfunctioned.

I am disappointed that Walmart will not help me get a refund for this item. I know it might not be much money to Walmart (a little over $42), but to me it is about the integrity of Walmart to help its customers. I have been patient now for almost 2 weeks, and it seems that Walmart has no interest in helping me resolve this issue. I have been a loyal Walmart customer for many years, but this episode has tainted my opinion of Walmart. It shouldn't matter if the item came from a 3rd party; the problem should be fixed by Walmart since Walmart allows Marketplace partners to use its online website. In addition to that, the problem is not mine. It is Walmart's website that malfunctioned and did not record my order and set up this situation.

The order number is **. The item came from a 3rd party vendor. Again, because the order does not show up on my account, I cannot contact the Marketplace partner directly. I am including a copy of the order form that came in the box with the cologne. I just want to return the unopened cologne and get my money back. If this issue is not resolved, I will never shop at Walmart again. I will use Target, Amazon, or anyone else who isn't Walmart. I find it difficult to believe that Walmart would choose to lose a once loyal customer over $42.00. Note: If I could give Walmart NO stars, I would do so.

Gloves ordered through Walmart were actually sent by Ritz. Walmart all over their site says you can return items shipped to store for free. Unfortunately, I did not read fine print. Ritz not only does not give free returns. You cannot return to Walmart. And they charge a 30% restocking fee along with charging for cost of initial purchase. Walmart is never my go to store & they have just slipped down below the bottom. Be very careful when buying from their site. No phone number to contact.

Order an iPad from Walmart.com, never got it. First they showed it was delivered. Never got it. Called up they said to give it a week. Done that, never got it. Called them back, got hung up on 8 times, got someone said to get a police report, got that called back. Then they said they could send me a tablet instead of the iPad. Told them if I wanted a tablet I would have ordered one. Then they offered me a refund. The problem is I can't get an iPad for what I paid for. That one it is a birthday present for my daughter. Her birthday was 3 weeks ago, ordered in plenty of time to get. Then Walmart said they would call back. That was 2 days ago. Still nothing. So now I have to spend all day on the phone again to get the run around. I should not have this much trouble to get an item I paid for. I did my job and paid for item. Walmart did not do their job. Never got anything for my trouble.

Buyer BEWARE.. So here is my story... I made a purchase online with Walmart. When the item came the box was damaged and the toy did not work. So I went to Walmart. It had only been a week since my package arrived. Stood in line for over 45 minutes to get to the service counter all to be told Walmart does not return online items. You now must read the fine print of anything you order from them because they will not return it... And to make matters worse they give you a service number to call supposedly to print out a return label.

Unfortunately I was on hold for 28 minutes before I could speak to anyone to ask for a return label. When I got through the first thing the operator said is "Is anyone 50 years or older in your household press 1 for yes 2 for no." There was no other option to go any further with the call. You had to answer their question before you could get the label. I hung up and told the girl at the service desk. IT IS NONE OF WALMART'S BUSINESS IF I HAVE someone 50 years or older in my household... And so it gets worse... So when I finally get through to the online Walmart they dropped my call and I couldn't get through for another 24 hours. So today I get through... to be told "Here is the vendor's number. We do not accept returns." The vendor's number is of course an answering machine that tells you have 30 days to return your item.

At this rate I am wondering if I will ever get a refund. So here is the excuse Walmart uses now. They say anything online comes from a third party. They will not return the item. Does Walmart manufacture anything? No. Everything they sell comes from a third party. They tell you this like it is suppose to make you feel better and understand their new policy and claim it is on their website... It is not on the website... But when you want to return it their employees standing under the sign that says you have 90 days to return items with Walmart they have NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I try very hard to avoid shopping at Walmart but now I will not shop there unless I have to. What a bunch of baloney! Walmart is a mess... Truly a horrible experience. I am writing to the Better Business Bureau!

I requested info from Walmart.com on my order. One week and still not processed! I asked in many different ways to help the lady understand what I needed answers on. She read a script and continued to read the same thing over and over! This went on and on. She refused to answer my questions. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I asked over 22 times!!! She continued to read the same script. She refused to say yes or no. 22 times to request a supervisor!!! Finally I get a supervisor on the phone. Before I can even speak, he reads line for line - the same script. Refused to even hear my concerns! Just kept reading the same thing over and over. This was on 11-29-16 last night. Walmart.com is the worst! I will shop other places now!

Horrible. Bought 36" television from Wal-Mart with extended warranty. When I called about the television not working properly they sent me a box to send back to have it repaired. Well did that. It came back worse after repair so called again. Going to send another box for repair after a week and a half. 10 days - no box. Called again wanting to speak to a supervisor. After an hour finally spoke. He said he would send me the money I paid for it but not the extended warranty fee I paid for. DO NOT BUY FROM WALMART.

I placed an order that was to charge me $12.95. My credit card was charged $22.99!!! Then try to talk to customer service! That is not going to happen. They do not have time for customers! So now I am trying to cancel it so I can order it from some place that won't charge me double! Walmart has no time for customers!!!

I have been trying to return a headboard I ordered online from Walmart.com. The store will not allow me to return it because they said it was shipped from HomeSquare. But I ordered it from Walmart. Before I ordered it I called the Germantown, MD store and I was told I could return it to the store. But now they are telling me it came from Cymax. Cymax wants to charge me a restocking fee of $134.59 and also pay to return the headboard and insure it. The headboard has not been used. It is new. I am willing to bring it back to the store or to a UPS or FedEx facility to return it but I'm not paying to ship it and I'm not paying a restocking fee. I have called customer service four times and they just keep giving me a runaround saying they will talk to Cymax and get back in touch with me. But again I ordered the headboard from Walmart not Cymax. I want a full refund on my credit card.

I ordered a camera from Wal-Mart, which came from a different company. I paid $9 for shipping for the thing which I feel is high. Shipping seemed like it took forever to get here. I used it a couple times, and first thought was how cheap this is. The thing quit working after a couple uses. The screen goes all weird and fades in & out. The door is about cheaply made. The program that comes with it to crop photos is also junk and hard to use, I had to go back to my old crop program. I can't return the item to Wal-Mart since this other company sent it to me. I can't get a hold of anyone. I even wrote the BBB about it and have not heard a word. For the Near $30 or $35 I spent on this thing, I could have invested that in a good camera instead of a camera that I got to use 2 times and now sits here collecting dust and taking up space. Maybe I should plant it out back in my yard next to all the Beta's I buy from this store that keep dying.

Last time I returned a fish the clerk argued with me for 20 minutes but the guy returning the huge thing of oil that I saw he stole off the shelf when he walked in the door, she gladly refunded him, and his cost was 6 times more than my fish. I just wanted another fish, he wanted back his $30 or more. Maybe he was her boyfriend, I don't know. Clerk even asked me is this the same fish when I went & got another one in store to exchange it, and no the first one was dead so it was not the same fish but a one just like it that died that night and now I have to return that too. Mostly I wanted a camera for the holidays which well I got to take no photos yesterday for thanksgiving. How do you replace those memories? Yes I have some receipts and can get a copy of my bill for camera.

I asked for my online purchase. My purchase is a Hamilton Beach microwave and the cashier refused to give me my microwave. They place me out of my way. See I'm disabled and I don't have a car and I expect them to wait on me in a timely manner and to be courteous. I'm a old customer. I have been shopping WalMart since 1984 and I have been loyal customer and I want to be reimbursed for car gas and service charge. And I want the microwave to be given to me for free for placing me out of my way.

I called Walmart Customer Care center on 11/18/16 to report a problem with my Vizio 55" LED TV. They scheduled me a appt with Audio Video Repair on 11/21/16. I didn't receive a call from this company so I called them on 11/21/16 around 9:45 am and was told that they didn't receive any request from Walmart customer care but when I gave the rep my service request # she then told me that they were booked until after Thanksgiving. This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase electronics from Walmart ever again. Best Buy or any other store will honor your warranty. Please DON'T purchase electronics from Walmart.

I was today to buy a toy for my grandson and ask the employee that accompanies the toys in the section and I informed that they did not have. I went to the shelter and found them in stock. I made the claim to the employee and she was very dissatisfactory. Shortly said "I did not understand." I think that it is not a place for the elderly. The employees are deeply and hidden to not help people. Do not go to that store. Go to Target.

After 1 week waiting for my item delivered to the store, I got a message Nov 15 to pick up my order until Nov 22. Today Nov 17 I got a message, that they returned my item because I never picked it up. When I was looking today in my account, they already returned the item yesterday, Nov 16. I tried to chat with the customer service (turned out they are somewhere in India or this region), she first of all corrected me that it is Nov 18 (no - here in the US it's Nov 17) and then tried to explain me something about "turn on and turn off" and "new policies" (no idea what she wanted to explain me). This behavior of Walmart is insane and makes me really angry!!!

Wal-Mart - Customer Service Company Profile