Wal-Mart - Customer Service

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Walmart in the steelyards of Cleveland, Ohio has to have the worst management team in history. No one asks to help you. Checking out is a one hour minimum at best unless you get really lucky. BAD PLACE. 100 percent lazy, unprofessional.

Since walmart.com has started the two day shipping offer, prices have been inflated 20-30 percent. Walmart.com is now more expensive than amazon.com. Will be switching to amazon.com. They offer more products and much more reliable with good customer service.

Don't buy anything on this website, I order something from them and Walmart takes NO effort to help you get a refund from anyone who sells defective products on their site. The product I ordered fell apart after 20 days of use - total junk. I complained and Walmart who takes no responsibility for anyone selling on their site told me to talk to the seller - who is not in US. Their policy is "But must return for refund only. Replacement is not offered. All returned items are subject to 15% restocking fee. Returned products must be in brand-new, unused, undamaged and resellable condition. Shipping and handling and return shipping charges will not be refunded or reimbursed under any circumstance." Total junk products. Do yourself a favor and don't got to Walmart.com site and purchase anything.

Ordered items from Walmart to be delivered to Condo Apt on 10th floor. Items left in hallway in basement garage 11 floors below. No one advised they were sitting there. Customer Service was No Help and didn't really care about my Complaint. Won't be buying from Walmart again.

First of all, Keaaumoku Walmart and Fort Street Mall Walmart has some rude associates. One of the associates that works at the Fort Street Mall Walmart almost caused an accident. I believe she is Samoan. She drives a maroon Explorer or Expedition. Because we accidentally went into the wrong lane to get a parking ticket and had to back up, she sped up quick as we tried to get through and almost banged us.

Second, when I asked some of the associates for specific items, some will say they don't know and won't even go any further to help me. What kind of customer service is that?! Without customers the store is nothing so they should serve the customers. When I worked for a retail store, if we don't know where a product is, we will find out from a manager instead of just saying, "I don't know." We will try to help our customers at the best of our ability. And if we can't find what they want or need, we will either supplement it or send them to where we know the product that they want is. That is customer service.

Another problem I have is that 90% of the time I call there to see if they have a product I want or need, no one answers! And if they do answer they put me on hold for a long time and so I go somewhere else to get what I need, which probably won't matter because they already make a lot of sales. The point is, customers should matter if you really want sales to go up. Walmart should train their employees to be more active, more friendly, and more positive. That's what drive sales even more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Order for tires was placed online, confirmation received and arrive date was 2/6/2017. I go to the store and they were not delivered. Wal-Mart store associate calls Customer service and the order was never processed. The Customer service agent would not discuss the order with the Store Associate and instructed me, the Customer to call them. The CS Agent was on speaker phone so I heard the whole conversation. I called Customer service myself and spoke with a supervisor and the only thing that could be done was to cancel the order, place a new one and hope it would go through and I would receive my order in ANOTHER WEEK. Supervisor claimed nothing else could be done, order could not be expedited and there was no guarantee the order would be processed the 2nd time either.

I am in the process of moving and had to put off the move for a week while waiting on tires from Wal-Mart, now I am told I have to wait at least another week, could be longer or I may never receive them. Before placing the order I shopped many places, made many calls to see if anyone had them in stock and no one did. I was told my only option was to place the order online. I understand issues happen but the resolution response I received was completely unacceptable.

Walmart is misrepresentation the facts about their refund policy. I returned a couple of items to Walmart in Spokane Valley, WA store without receipts and I was told to call a 3rd party company that monitors Walmart's returns to discuss my return with them. I was also told that this 3rd party company is not affiliated with Walmart and as a result they could not help me with my return. The manager's by the names of Jessica **. One of the items was damaged and Walmart even refused to exchange this items. I was told to call this toll free number and discuss my return with them.

Walmart had in a hard to find bolt action hunting rifle but it was quite expensive so we applied for a Walmart card just thinking it could come in handy one day and in the meantime it would help build credit. Well they said it would be a couple of weeks until the card would come so we printed out a piece of paper that they told us to. We took it there and looked at the gun and saw it had damage from the lock so we asked for a discount. Nope that did not happen. So we said we would still take it then they sold us that. The card expired a few hours before and they would not hold the gun so she takes it back and we came back later and they had a very nice lady on duty. We bought it and it all went well but just shows what happens when you hire nice employees vs very very unfriendly ones.

I purchased a small space heater from Wal-mart via UnbeatableSale which was broken when delivered. I had to ship it back to UnbeatableSale. I had to pay for shipping of the item both to me and on the return for an item which was broken. I was out on shipping costs of about $20 with nothing to show for it. I was refunded the cost of the item plus tax, but no shipping. I would not recommend purchasing from Wal-mart online.

I have accumulated about $75.00 of rewards dollars with the Walmart Savings Catcher program. I should be able to use these monies whenever I wish. Unfortunately, when I try to redeem the reward dollars the application will not allow me to redeem. I've called customer service several times, starting in December of 2016. Customer service told me it was an IT problem and someone would get back with me, that never happened. I called customer service again on the 27th of January 2017, and was told that they would send request to IT and someone would get back to me. Still no contact, no explanation, and still can't redeem the rewards dollars. I would prefer Walmart customer service to just be up-front and tell me if this is a program that has been discontinued.

Every time I go to Walmart customer's service in Starke, FL it's always the same woman working with the same rude attitude. Every time I speak to her she just look at me funny. Walmart employees need to keep their personal problems at home & come to reality that they're on a job & being paid for it so be polite to all customers regardless of the color of their skin.

As I was waiting to get a yard of fabric cut, 4 employees walked past and I simply asked if someone could be called to the fabric section (where someone should be full time). No one ever called for anyone or came back to help. Needless to say I did not get my fabric. This is not the first time. And then once I got to the check out counter (spent over 100$) the cashier blamed it on the fact that the store co manager had just passed away. I understand that's a terrible situation but this is a corporate store and you still have a job to do.

I went into the store to make a money transaction. Arrived at 0750 to find out that they open in ten minutes so that's ok. I browse through the store. You can always find something you need in Walmart. I go back 0805, the MoneyCenter is still not open. So I go back to customer service and she doesn't really want to be bothered so she tells me "that's next door", in a rude tone. I tell her no one is there so she calls and I still have to wait. Waiting was not that bad but I work too hard for my money to be treated with a lack of respect and a unprofessional demeanor. Walmart has a great variety of products but the service sucks. I will rather go to Target. At least they service you with a smile and make you feel like they are happy to service you. You never know when your smile is a customer's X-factor or defining moment. I had a great experience in the MoneyCenter but the journey dampened my total experience.

Still waiting for remaining refund from cancelled order. Item was ordered on 12/31/2016, but it was the wrong item I purchased so I cancelled and only received a tiny bit of my refund which was the 4 year warranty on the item. I contacted through their chat service and was told they would have the cancellation process sped up, and it would take 3 days. It's been over 3 days and my patience is depleting by the day, this is nearly $550.00 that I am waiting to be refunded to my Paypal account, I may end up having to contact them to file dispute. I have ordered from Wal-Mart.com in the past and never experienced anything like this until now, losing my patience here.

DO NOT order from Wal-Mart online. After the first order arriving damaged and the replacement never arriving, the customer service was amongst the WORSE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED and now at their convenience I have to wait for my 1k refund and for them to pick up the damaged item. The irresponsible handling of this order actually ended up costing me money and time and the inconvenience that was completely disregarded by their customer service is absolutely disgusting. I will be sure to spread this experience as much as possible and I suggest others do the same as I am positive I am not the only person that has had dealt with and been treated like this. NOTE TO WALMART: Please add a ZERO OR NEGATIVE STARS OPTION TO THESE REVIEWS.

I purchased a Samsung chrome book on Black Friday. That was a Christmas present for my daughters. We set it up after Christmas and it stopped working yesterday. The Walmart store would not take it back because it had passed the return date by 6 days. Walmart.com would also not allow us to return the defective product. It took a month to receive the chrome book and was shipped in a box that showed what was inside. Way to go Walmart. First you ruined Christmas because my daughters saw the box when it was delivered and now they have a defective product that they can't use!!!! I guess we will contact Samsung and hope we don't have to pay to ship it to them. You lost a customer!!!

I purchased a few things online to be shipped directly to my home & the entire shipping was free. I kept email that specifically states ship to home. Yesterday I received the first of 4 items to my home. Today I get an email that they just shipped the California King bed to the store. I call the store as I know this was a mistake on their part. Took 3 calls for someone to pick up the phone so that the animal on the other end could tell me "I'm just a worker here. I don't work for customer service!!! We don't ship, that's NOT a service we provide and we can CANCEL the order then refund you but you have to REORDER it..." WTF?! She then advised me to call customer service 1-800-Walmart...

I call only to be told verbatim what the other person told me!!! She even had the nerve to say she would waive the shipping fee when it was FREE to begin with. I told her it was a mistake on their end NOT mine. I shouldn't have to wait another week or so to receive the mattress when it's their fault!!! The customer service is the WORST as well as policy. The customer isn't compensated whatsoever. Walmart not accountable for their mistakes. Shop at Target instead!!!

I received a phone call regarding the email that I sent corporate. Apparently something went wrong again after I spent two weeks fighting issues with online order. I was told that I was going to receive everything today well they did it again. I called FedEx and they said "Walmart did not ship us the package. All we got was a label." So now I'm sitting here again since Monday last week waiting for a package to come. So I have to make another phone call again to customer service and get aggravated because they do not know what they're doing. They are clueless. They cancel this order 3 times and charged my account repeatedly.

l did get a call from a representative from corporate. I guess she is part of your team. I indicated to her at that time which was early today everything is straightened out. Well least I was told it would be. Again I didn't receive the 2 items which is the blow dryer and the nightgown. I was told this morning it would be delivered today. This is going on for days. I will never order online again. I've been aggravated since January 4th every day.

I went to my local Walmart (#204) last night (12/28/16). Me and my brother decided we wanted to get some board games so he could play with my son, his nephew. Well my brother also wanted to get a video game out of electronics. We found a guy, ** was his name I believe. We asked him for some help and he came over and helped other people first. Strike one, not a big deal, but okay. Then he looked straight at us as we waited and walk away to talk to some of his friends while still looking and staring at me and my brother. Finally after 30 minutes of waiting I went and found another woman and asked if she could help us and she was right on it. She went and got the keys from the guy and he walked away. She got us the game we wanted and I asked if there was a manager I could speak to. She told me to go to the front and ask them to page a manager on duty. I went and did just that.

They called a woman up that was not a manager. I told her what happened and she said, "Okay follow me." I did and she took me back to electronics and found the guy and told him I wanted to talk to him and she walked away. I told the man why I was upset and he just said, "Okay, I'm sorry and walked away. I didn't feel like the situation was handled at all. So I went back up to the front and asked for a real manager. They brought another woman up and she asked what happened. I told her and she gave me a gift card for 10$, and then left it be. I still don't believe It was handled at all. I still will be calling the head manager of the store, If he does nothing I will be sure to call the district manager, This behavior from the staff is completely unacceptable. I work in retail as well and If I ever treated someone the way this Walmart has treated people I would lose my job in a heartbeat!

Tonight I went to one of your stores in Jasper GA and I had a item to price match from Walmart.com. The cashier was super friendly and said she would price match. She just needed approval so she called over whom I can assume was "Lead Cashier." Her name is Samantha. I showed her the item I wanted to price match and she looked at me and said "I’m not going to give this to you at this price." I informed her that I was just a other Wal-Mart and they priced matched for me. I even offered to show her the receipt. (I was in search of more than the last store had so I had driven to this location.)

She stated that she doesn’t care what other Wal-Marts do and was not responsible for what price they gave me. Then spoke into her headset to the GM (her name slips me) "can you please come here and see what I’m dealing with." That is the comment I didn’t feel was necessary. I was pleasant and kind and was just informing her that I had just gotten this deal. The GM comes over and say to Samantha to check the price at Walmart.com- she did and the price was more than in the store and Samantha looked at me and said "I'll sell it to you at that price." I was appalled that the GM was standing there and allowed her to speak to me like that.

At this point I ask the GM if they price match from the Walmart.com site and she would not answer my question. She simply said she wasn’t going to give me the price match price because she couldn’t find it in the system. Even though I had it on my phone and she saw it was on my phone on Walmart.com she refused. The cashier that checked me out, however was wonderful. She even asked the two ladies why we were not honoring a Wal-Mart.com price. They would not answer her. At this point I want to make it clear I don’t care about the item.

I guess I should of known I was gonna be treated unkind when I saw her take Christmas candles from the lady in the next check out because they were ringing up full price and come back with a price that wasn’t half off. She said to this lady “I don’t know what you want me to do about this, they are not ringing up half off so I'll give them to you for 11." (They were 15 dollar set of candles. So now she just makes her own price with her???) (And by the way all Christmas stuff was suppose to be half off at this Walmart.) What I’m upset about is how I was talked to and how they refused to honor Wal-Mart policy.

I asked them if they honor Wal-mart.com prices and they refused to answer me as well. They kept saying - "I'm not going to give this to you for that price." I have never in all the years shopping at Wal-Mart had a issue with price matching. I bring the ad and I show proof that it's a valid match. I just wanted it brought to your attention that you have people in a leadership position at your business treating people very rudely and not honoring your policy. I won't be returning to that store- I'll take my business to the Kroger or drive the 30 mins to Target if I have to.

Walmart is selling hacked Visa Gift Cards and they refuse to do anything about it. If you try to report the problem to Visa, you get a recording that tells you the balance on the card is zero and then they hang up on you.

Similar to another review, I purchased an item from Walmart that came from a third party. I was not shopping price, just availability. I was given a tracking number and delivery date and the item never arrived. Their vendor said I would get a refund in 48 hours. Walmart refunded the money to the gift cards that were already shredded so they then gave me credit on my walmart.com account, which I will never use again. Repeated calls to them, 2 hours on the phone at least, have left me without my refund. Here in rural Georgia, they have run many stores out of business so they are the only game in town. I suggest going to Amazon or any other retailer that has PEOPLE answering the phone, even if they are in Thailand or wherever.

My dad "tried" to send my a xmas gift, however, Walmart.com sent the completely wrong t.v; mistakes happen but it gets better, after my dad called to talk to them about the problem (THREE TIMES) the CSR said, "We will send a replacement by Thur, Fri and then Mon." Still no replacement (it's Wed). We have gotten wrong info and the run-around SO many times. It has just become weird! Still waiting... fingers crossed the real thing we ordered shows up by the new year!

Walmart Store #578. Where do I start? Like many I went on Black Friday to purchase some of their specials, unfortunately for me the item I wanted (27 piece Pioneer Woman Cookware) was already sold out. They said since this was a Black Friday blitz item that will NOT be restocked. Last week I was in my local Walmart with a hope I would stumble across one, and of course with no luck as I was told they were not restocked.

However I seen a fellow shopper that so happen to have the set in their cart, I asked where they got it since I just came from Homeware and they begin to tell me that it was a fluke that they got them in, and that their mother-in-law was a MANAGER, and she hid it for them but they got the last one. Well knowing this is against store policy I went to ask to speak with someone in store but no one could speak with me. I called the next day and when I told the lady what happened she just laughed and told me that they aren't suppose to do that but directed me to call (Melanie/Malinda) the next day since she was manager of Homeware.

I called and that was a very unpleasant experience. Not did she yell at me but hung up on me. So long story short online customer care is a joke. They did not seem to be concerned or cared about my experience, and brushed me off. So it's been a week with no call, email, no word at all. I do not recommend any in-store or online customer care service, they will just be rude, not take you seriously, or care.

I waited until Black Friday to purchase a new mattress, the one I have is old and I wake up in more pain than when I went to sleep, regrettably after looking in stores and online I choose Walmart. The order has not been received after about a month. I called customer service multiple times only to find out that an order with a tracking # could not be tracked? Only that it was shipped, even worse since the item is no longer in stock they cannot ship a new order until it is restocked, but I would have to cancel the original order first, and worst of all I would have to pay whatever the price is set at? When it is, so I basically wasted 5-10 hours shopping/looking online, about the same speaking to customer service and one month waiting only to be in a worse situation than when I started since all the sales on Black Friday nationwide are over.

I am almost positive one of their workers made a mistake because that particular store is always understocked and might have one person who knows what they're doing in each department? TOPS. The last thing they said is if it does not show up in 7 days I would get an automatic refund and have to start all over, (if I wanted that I wouldn't have made the order) basically telling me they do not honor their word or care about their customers. Proceed with caution and low expectations if you decide to buy anything online at Walmart!!!

After being in the store 2 hours, I was told they could not find all of my layaway. I didn't receive an apology until prompting at least 5 times. I had to come back to the store and I have been here for over an hour, still without my items. It is incredible that I am still waiting without any word on progress. Totally inconsiderate of my time and money. HORRIBLE STORE, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

I bought a Galaxy S4 for my girlfriend for her birthday. I also purchased the protection plan. I was assured that it covered all kinds of damage. After two months the screen quit working. I contacted the "care plan" and was told it had to be returned to Straight Talk. I contacted Straight Talk and was told that they don't take returns anymore that I had to return it to Wal-Mart. During this runaround the phone was left out and the screen was broken by one of our dogs. After calling the "care plan" back I was told that "the plan won't cover that". I am highly dissatisfied with my experience and the loss of well over two hundred dollars worth of products. The plan is a rip off as are the phones sold by straight talk. I will never buy either of these products again. And no packing slip was included with the product, imagine that!

Did online order, they lost it in shipping and gave me a runaround for two days telling me it's not their problem that should deal with their supplier. I paid them and they refuse to help me and telling me the company doesn't give a ** about online customers. Finally I got a refund, not present I needed for Christmas. All I wanted was a gift, took me over 10 hours on the phone not counting hold times and got hung up on two times and not called back.

I ordered an item online with guaranteed delivery by 12/9/16. I got an email the night of 12/8/16 saying my item would be delivered on 12/12/16. As if that wasn't enough, when I contacted customer service via email, they replied that, essentially, I am SOL due to the holidays (two weeks out). This is just one more reason I HATE shopping Walmart.

I ordered a 55" TV on Cyber Monday and paid extra to have it shipped by a certain date. I received notification on the date I was supposed to receive the tv that it had just shipped. Contacted Walmart and they said it got shipped late and refunded the extra charge I paid for early delivery. After a week, the tracking notification still said only a label had been printed, but not received yet. Contacted Walmart again. They said the 55" tv was LOST... Then said they would not honor the price and said the only thing they would do was issue a refund. FAMILY CHRISTMAS PRESENT CANCELLED!!! Really a great thing to have to tell your kid!

Wal-Mart - Customer Service Company Profile