2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.68/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Ordered $200.00 vacuum cleaner. Very slow en route and tracking stagnant. Finally reached someone to investigate its whereabouts. Rep said it was delivered to store 6 days ago but never checked in. Tea cling states it is in the next state over. Now I'm told "Oh well, we'll just refund your money. You'll have it in 3-5 days." I asked for a refund + gift card for my trouble. They said no. Never again Walmart.com!!! Target's prices are dropping and service is improving.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had placed a patio swing in my cart at the price of $57.14. Even took a screenshot of this price. While I was shopping for other items Walmart changed to price to $129.87. I called customer service and told them I had a screenshot of the lower price that I placed in my cart and was told that it was a pricing error and would now match that price. Needless to say I deleted everything in my cart and took my business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I used to buy a lot of grocery items on Walmart.com taking advantage of their free 2 day shipping. Their prices were the same as their store prices. It was quite convenient since I am disabled. Shortly after Hurricane Irma, I went to place my usual online order... boy was I surprised to find that they have raised their prices substantially. I don't mean a few cents... most items were doubled or more in price! Why?

Their store prices were not raised... Now, they aren't even competitive with themselves!!! Free shipping??? Not worth the exorbitant prices they are now charging for their goods. I am deeply disappointed in Walmart's price gouging! I know that with the recent hurricanes that they made money hand over fist. People cleared the shelves! And to treat their customers this way is just despicable. If they don't want to sell at a reasonable price, they should not offer them online. Shame on you Walmart.com!!! I will need to find another online retailer.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Check your orders and see if there's a pkg going to... Cesar **. That address is a shipping agent. I called them (305) 592-0839 and found out there's several Walmart pkgs there but Cesar hasn't paid his acc so they closed it and would return all pkgs to Walmart. The pkgs I was scammed for arrive Sep 26th so I know a hack has happened. I called Walmart within 5 min of an email order notification and they stopped 1 order but forgot the other. This morning walmart charged me $54. I have been told "cancel your bank card." I am arguing they didn't hack my bank card, they hacked you and you're covering up. My bank card is OK. I got through to a supervisor who now says they will escalate this and I will hear back Mon. What a joke. Cancel your online shopping. No more walmart for me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

First and foremost, I am a disabled customer who called prior to going into the actual location to cash a check. According to the Walmart Policy, clearly stated on their FAQs sheet on their website via help and answers, it states you can cash check up to $5,000 for only a fee of $6. This is very fair and reasonable. Once I get there, the first employee working at the check cashing lane says they can only cash $1,500. I found this to be incorrect and requested another employee; such as a manager, come speak to me since I called before I got there, and their website clearly states they do up to $5,000. Manager took his sweet time to eventually come out and say for me to cash my check, it needs to have my address on the check.

I've never in my life seen someone write you a check, or a check from a lawyer, that has my home address clearly stated on it. Why would it say *Pay to the order of* then have an address on a check. This is a clear sign of incompetence, due to the lack of training, or even more extreme, hate towards the disabled. Prior to going, I made sure I would not be wasting time, by calling ahead. That proved to be a definite waste of time. I called customer service on the phone who attempted to persuade the assistant manager, with no luck. Disappointed in the whole experience, Walmart does not care about its customers, it's too big already, and one person/ family make no difference to their business so customer service has no reason to be anything special.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING WALMART'S ONLINE ORDERING! They take payment directly from your bank prior to processing your order or doing any work! This is what happened to me. A week after placing the order, the order was not processed nor had they returned my money. I was to go to the store for pickup and was never notified. THIS WAS NOT A DELIVERY ORDER! I feel this is a bad way to do business. I do not believe in getting paid upfront for services not rendered! I will not utilize their online ordering service again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I've dealt with Walmart for several years, never had to complain until I moved from West Virginia to Maryland. I bought an electric drill for $72.00 from Kmart and returned it. It wasn't removed from my bill but added to the following months bill. I had all my receipts to prove it. I pay every first or third of the month. Four months ago I called and told them not to let my bill go above $250.00. Their manager they gave me over the phone said okay. But ever since then it goes above the $250.00. Also one manager will tell me something different from another manager the same day. Until Walmart can get employees that know how to do math correct, I'll have to stop dealing with Walmart unless it's in person. Also when you ask to speak to a manager, I think they just hand the phone to another employee. I've had to call 4 times counting August and September to no satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

When ordering from Walmart.com expected to be dealing with Walmart, so if there was an issue assumed I could go into the store. Bought two nanny cams, could not get them to work even had a "techie" look at it. Tried to return. Found out store does not stand behind ANYTHING purchased on company website. Return policy would not show up even after story told ** where to find it. After hours of researching found out it was actually from Korean company and have been getting the email run around for weeks... Figure it will be a $100 lesson of not buying on Walmart.com.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I ordered a king size mattress more than a week so. They said it would be here this week. The money for it disappeared from my account immediately, but the order was cancelled because of their "computer glitch". Their response was that the system may resend it or may finish the cancellation. No way to know. Their suggestion was that I buy another one ($250 ea) and hope one gets here. Instead, I insisted on a 20% discount, and free expedited shipping on the replacement order If this one gets cancelled. Their customer service reps are clueless about the computer processes and they have no power on their own to resolve - actually resolve - an issue. They are well versed in excuses about why you should just suck it up when they screw up and even have suggestions on how YOU can fix the screw up, but very little control over fixing anything. Just a "wait and see" approach.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

On 09/01/2017 we ordered a $379.19 50" television (including tax and warranty) due 09/09 8/17. On 09/08/2017 we had not received TV. We called and were told that it would be ready for pickup at 6 pm. On 09/09/2017 no TV. Searched tracking and TV is in Utah. Several calls and trips into the store. On 09/10/2017 Called 800 - order is lost. Went into store, Asst. Mgr. offers floor TV model at a close price, not exact. Problem... We have to wait 7-10 days to be refunded for online purchase and pay another $380. 00 +/- out of pocket. 09/10/2017 Spoke with Supervisor at Walmart.com. He will re-order TV at 10% savings - due 09/18/2017. 09/18/2017 pm. No TV. No email.

***This is the absolute WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE*** we have ever experienced. EVER. We will never use this service again and will tell everyone I know that Walmart.com is worthless. We normally spend $300-$400 per week at the local Walmart store. Our family of 5-6 houses also shop there and we will do everything in our power, even drive them to a competitor, to get them to stop shopping there. 09/18/2017 Called - told we should receive email by 6:00 pm. 09/18/2017 7:43 pm. Still no TV... Seriously? How bad can they possibly get?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I went into the store today to purchase some items and to return an item. I first went to the customer service booth to return something that was a gift so I didn't have a receipt. I guess they couldn't return it at first because of the price. It was only $15. So the associate manager comes over to ask what's going on and we tell them. She takes me to another person to help me and the girl was new because she had to walk her through the steps as she is talking to them. She's not looking at me directly but referring to me saying that, “Now that these are returned without a receipt it's trash and the store loses money now.” She continues to tell the girl that people come in and steal things all the time to get cash back and the store loses out money. She was absolutely rude. Wouldn't even look at me but was referring to me calling me a thief.

I stood there feeling very uncomfortable I wanted to say something but I go to the store all the time so I didn't want to make it harder on me. I thanked her help and she was still wouldn't even look at me. She also said to me, “Do you even have an identification meaning a driver's license.” I handed it to her. Still she wouldn't look at me. I don't understand why she felt she had to treat me that way or why she would assume I stole something. She made it seem like she was doing me a favor by returning the item. And even before we went back to the customer service I told her if it was a big deal I would just keep the product. It's just frustrating that it's Walmart and I purchased hundreds of dollars there a month and to be treated like that.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I had stopped at the Wal-Mart on Floyd Blvd, Sioux City, IA to purchase a few items. On my way home as I placed my items on the counter to scan myself out as I was at the self-check. This rude little disrespectful poor excuse for a Customer Service Manager literally steps right next to me literally almost on top of me and watches me scan my items and bag them. As I am getting ready to run my card to pay for the items she literally starts to look into my bags. I asked her if there was a problem and she responds, "Just checking to see that you didn't miss anything." Really? How pathetic are you idiots that you can't have enough people running the registers but have no problem employing them to basically just stand at the self-checkout accusing people of trying to bag unscanned items. Wal Mart is basically one of the poorest excuses for a place to shop anymore. I will not be shopping at this Wal Mart ever again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Last month I ordered from Walmart and they shipped 20 items to me in SIX boxes. Five boxes contained single items! I talked with a rep online and complained about this and he gave me the runaround. I placed an order recently and so far I've received three emails from them saying they shipped my item(s). Yes, so far that's three boxes, each box containing two items and one box containing one item and the order is for 21 items. They need to get a better system because this is ridiculous! I am going to stop ordering from them if they don't stop shipping so many boxes. No other company does this and I've ordered from Amazon, Target, and other companies.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Wife and I are older and no longer drive, Walmart.Com is a life saver, they deliver food and other items to our door at competitive prices. However a problem has began, outside source vendors are beginning to take advantage of Walmart's good reputation for satisfaction and creating a "dumping ground" for slow moving and even defective merchandise. Thank you Walmart for making our lives easier but please take measures to assure that all your guest vendors hold the same high standards on customer satisfaction and ease of returning defective merchandise.

Presently many items require so much paperwork, are so time-consuming, trying to repacking the returning items in torn up shrink wrap packaging that the usual response is to absorb the cost ourselves and let the vendors of defective and improperly described items get away with dumping. Check out the policies of eBay and Amazon, they are dealing with this successfully.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I return an item that I bought online from Walmart and it was not what I wanted so I returned the item and was told that the money would go back on my card. Weeks later, nothing, so after talking to them about my return, I was giving every excuse there is to say that they were in the right. First was that they did not

receive the item, then after showing them that on their site that it said that I had returned the item, I was told that yet I still did not return it.

Then after I kept saying that the site said otherwise, then they said that I received money back for the item, after telling this guy that nothing like that happen, and that the female that did the transaction said that the money would be put back on my card and that there was never an exchange of money. Now please do not tell me that they do not have scanners and that they do not scan products that come in there. They should have recording of the transaction, and this should tell them what happen, yet they are not trying to find out. The only thing I hear from them is, "Find the receipt," IT HAS BEEN WEEKS, THE RECEIPT IS GONE. I do not steal from stores and I do not think that a store should steal from me yet this is what is being done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Elementary schools all rely on computers at home that kids can use. Crap. Total crap. Kids should not be glued to these things. Anyway my dad has a Walmart credit card and though he's disabled and broke, he said he wouldn't take NO for an answer from me and would charge not 1 but 3 Chromebooks for my kids. He had called Fingerhut but they were out of them So he called me up and I ordered 3 to be picked up from a nearby Walmart with his credit card. The order processed and was cleared by the bank the CCD uses.

When we get emailed the order was canceled. Shoot I mistyped his street name.. Fixed it and submitted again, canceled, reorder canceled. Call customer service. They say he can order 2 then wait 21 days for 3rd but he don't want to wait so we were told to place an order for 2 then create an account in my name and order for pick up the 3rd. We DO.. Canceled.. Call back on 3 way and he was basically told that no matter what he would NOT be able to order even 1. So we asked if he were to go to a store in Illinois purchase 3 and have it shipped or arranged for a pickup at one of our stores in Colorado. They say, "Sure." So he goes to one and EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD ENOUGH AT MY STORE he was told NO. So as he's sitting in the store he cut his card into 1/4 in pieces and rolled out. Amazon however was cheaper and got $900 in purchases. ** WAL-MART. COM and its stores!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I bought a ps2 box set (3 games) and paid an extra $2 for some policy that I thought would guarantee a full return recently... When I took them back the manager treated me like I was a fool!! I was calm, but was already angry because of the long wait. I figured if I was nice, I just might get a refund since I explained what happened. No! That woman didn't seem to like me or my looks because she said, "No refund on open software." She acted like if it was coming out of her pocket!! I sent you people 2 e-mails yesterday and no response!!!

I have serious health issues and I can't be out and about. So could you please tell me how we're going to resolve this issue? In no way, shape or form am I going to just give up $20!! Oh I forgot to mention that she told me to sell them online, She didn't ask, TOLD! I'm 58yrs old and this is the worst customer service representative I've come across. If you could please help with this I would appreciate it. It's better than standing outside warning the customers. Thank You.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

It's very simple. I bought an air mattress that will not stay inflated! I just want one that does what it's supposed to do! I was told it's seasonal... People buy these all year round, for guests in their home. This is what I bought mine for. I'm not shopping at Walmart any longer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I was approved for a Walmart credit card a few years ago for $400. I always pay on time and pay extra. My credit limit even went up to 500. Well, my Credit Karma showed an alert that they had lowered my limit to 380. This greatly upsets me because for one, they did not give me any notice and two, I have always paid more than minimum balance and I even have paid extra payments. If this is how Walmart rewards their loyal card holders that make on time payments, then I will not be using the card nor shop there any longer. When I called and inquired about this the girl could care less and told me based on my credit history they lowered my limit. I said what credit history? I have always paid on time and paid extra. I was outraged. My credit cards have always given increases not decreases and because of this it lowered my credit score. I worked hard to get this balance down and now it is showing an available balance of 12.00.

I am outraged. They are running a scam and if my credit balance had been $400 and they reduced it to 380.00, they would have charged me an over the limit fee. This should be illegal for them to lower my limit after they approved me for 500. Especially if I pay on time and they did not give me any notice of this change. I will be paying it off and I will not be shopping at ** Walmart any longer. Target will be getting all of my business for now on because they doubled my increase on their credit card. Good riddance trashy Walmart, you should be ashamed how you treat your loyal card holders.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

About 2.5 weeks ago, I purchased a MTD Weed Whacker from my local Walmart. It seems easy to start, that's where it all stands! The line on the trimmer head is not very long. The motor revs at a higher speed than normal! I can go about a quarter way around my property, which is 50' X 100 Feet, before the line breaks! I have a battery powered Black and Decker weed whacker that can go all the way around! Why did I purchase a Gas powered weed whacker in the first place? I just thought that it would be easier to handle and to maintain!

I am a Disabled Vietnam Veteran and pulling on the "rope starter" is a pain in the back, arms as well as my hands! The major problem in the trimmer spool. I don't know exactly how much line is on that spool, however I don't think it's over 6 feet! I complained online earlier today and the person on the other end seemed to be rude. Then when I called him on it, he backed off of the attitude! I did not save the receipt, so, tomorrow afternoon, I will be cutting this worthless Weed Whacker up for scrap! For scrap! After Vietnam, I have never been so angry or hateful of a retailer or anyone who sells faulty goods!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have herniated disc in my back and it's very painful for me to walk. I have to use the riding chairs. Every time I go to Walmart there are not enough chairs. I don't understand this. As much money as Wal-Mart is making why they can't keep more chairs for the disabled.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I ordered a shovel online for store pickup and never got an email that the shipment was ready for pickup. Tracking says it was delivered to store. Called the store, they couldn't find it. I waited for a few more days and called them up again, and still no word. Finally decided to call their customer service, who said that the product must have gotten lost. So a replacement was ordered. Not surprised that they lost the replacement as well. They are issuing a refund, but what a waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Customer service is terrible, and Walmart still has not resolved my issue I filed before about being treated unfairly, and rude customer service. I lost $450 cause of Walmart and they have done nothing for me yet! It's been almost 2 months now and nothing. Walmart has no concern about their loyal customers and the way they are treated at stores by employees. This is sad and unprofessional Walmart!! That's why Amazon's customer service is rated one of the best, cause they resolve your issue right away, and go above and beyond to make sure that doesn't happen again, and really treat you like a valued customer!! Walmart lacks all of this and more!! You just lost a loyal customer Walmart!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was checking out at self checkout. I was purchasing an ice bucket, and had been painfully accurate in checking the CPM (cost per measure) of the item, and the code. All info said the item was 7.97. At the checkout it rang up at 14.75. I called the cashier over, and explained the error. She credited the item back, and walked away. I am sure all customers are mischarged every day, that is why the items no longer have pricing on most of them. Beware of Walmart mischarging, especially at the one in Milford Connecticut.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

When purchasing an electronic device from Walmart.com wouldn't you assume it was coming from Walmart and if there were problems with it you could return it to Walmart. Be aware that that is not always the case. I purchased a Leapfrog Lead Pad and did not realize it was coming from a third party (AV Electronic Solutions). The package arrived without a packing slip and it was used; there was no instructions in the box and the accessories were not properly packed. So I began my efforts to get a new and unused one. I went back and read the small print on the order. For all problems, exchanges and returns I was directed to the third party. The third party's, AV Electronic Solutions, phone number lead me to a voice mailbox that was full. I contacted Walmart.com and was told I would get a call back within 2 days from the vendor.

A week later I called Walmart.com again. Please note that the service from Walmart.com was excellent and I received a full credit for the item. However, It took a lot of my time to get a resolution and they could not confirm that they would no longer be using the vendor. The purpose of my story is to let you know to be careful when ordering electronics from Walmart.com.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

A couple days ago I ordered a short sleeve and a long sleeve shirt from Walmart online. The sizes were XL on both items. Not many days later I received the items with no labels, no price tag and 3 sizes smaller than needed. I tried to return them at the store and I was told that these items are not returnable to Walmart at the store, only to the third party merchant because Walmart doesn't have these items in stock, they are coming from a third party from Indonesia. Walmart does not have a note about this on the website, so there is no way that I could know this. One item was $11.95 and the other one cost me $12.95. What will I do with these items? No idea. Never buy anything online from Walmart anymore. I kept the toilet paper and duffle bag ordered in the same time, but the 2 shirts are useless. There was no receipt in the package.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I bought a computer keyboard ($20) and while exiting, the sensor buzzed due to my cell phone. He told me to open up the box and I told him he could do it. It's sensitive, and I can't and I told him to do it. He did and saw the receipt. I told him not to remove the receipt and just look at it. I told him he made me feel like a criminal and he said you shouldn't, as there are many petty thefts. I told him I'd never go to another Walmart again. Walmart treats customers like criminals and this needs to stop now.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I ordered online for pickup in the store a set of square, everyday dishes, 12 each of the salad and dinner plates. Half of my order was delivered last week, but was only going to be held for 7 days, so I had to drive down to the store to pick them up before Walmart returned them. Then I got a call yesterday saying that the remainder of my order was cancelled, but another piece of the set had arrived if I still wanted it. Then they said the 3rd part of the set was still on backorder. That means THREE trips to pick up a set of dishes? I will never use Walmart's in-store pick up "service" again. What a waste of time!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

When I need items like batteries, a can of vegetables, light bulbs, a pillow, a printer cable, a fan, a bottle of vitamins, or just about anything else that I might need, Walmart usually has it in stock at a local physical store. Even more substantial items like furniture, electronics, and appliances are available there as well. In my opinion, having a huge selection available for immediate pickup after a short drive is very convenient. If I buy from an online-only store, I always have to wait several days for delivery, I can't really see what I'm getting before buying it, I run the risk of getting counterfeit items, and items may be defective and/or even dangerous (e.g., I had a generic cable melt in my computer).

Should I have to return something for some reason, if I buy at a physical Walmart store, I simply return it there for a refund. Returning something to an online-only store is not easy at all, and frequently it's not even worth the expense or hassle. If convenience and selection are not enough, Walmart's physical stores have a price match policy. Walmart aspires to be a major player in the online world as well, and online stores aspire to become dominant in the physical world. In the future, the distinction between online stores and physical stores will blur; however, for now, Walmart is the top dog.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I first placed my order on August 1, 2017. Waited the estimated delivery time and then started making calls to find out where my order was. I was told there was an error in the system and they were working on it. So I waited another week then I get an email that my order was canceled. I call again to find out what was going on and was told the item was out of stock. I ask to speak to a supervisor and was told by her that the item WAS in stock. She told me I was able to put in another order and she assured me my order would be processed and shipped. So I placed my second order on August 21, 2017 that was to be available for pickup on August 25, 2017.

That night I receive an email saying "We're sorry your order is delayed." I call again today (Aug 26, 2017) to speak to a CSR Karen, Supervisor Chan, then transferred to a corporate manager Ursula. Again I'm given one of the stories from last time that there was an error in the system but the item IS in stock. I was told the fulfillment team is working diligently to resolve my issue and get my item shipped out! So now it's been near a month that a little girl has been waiting on a bed, and all I've gotten is a bunch of excuses. And Walmart wants to partner up and take over Amazon!! Let's try to process and ship out orders without excuses.

Wal-Mart Company Information