2. Shopping

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5
Based on 2,133 ratings submitted in the last year

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My brother in KY sent a money order to my mother in NJ while she is visiting. He asked me what type to send and I told him, "Get it at Wal-Mart MoneyGram so that she can easily cash it at a Wal-Mart here." Boy was I wrong? She is not able to cash it at Wal-Mart... they told her she had to buy it at their location (as in psychical location???). They told her she has to deposit it in her bank account. Which is in KY! I could have easily avoided this fiasco by having my brother purchase a postal money order which I will do in the future and I hope anyone reading this will as well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I wanted to purchase a bicycle for my 4 year old son and the Walmart employee advised to purchase it from the Walmart website because they do not have it in store and the one that I picked was only for display purposes. He encouraged me to buy a Walmart prepaid credit card. I purchased a prepaid credit card from Walmart on September 6th and paid $5 for activation fee and $50 cash to purchase the bicycle. I could not find time to use the card right away and when I was ready to use it I noticed that there was $10 missing from my card. I called the customer service number on back of the card.

After explaining the situation so many times and getting disconnected 4 times I found out that they have been charging me a card maintenance fee which was not explained at the time of purchase or anywhere in package fine prints until now. I called Walmart explained everything to customer service. They let me talk to manager finally to Green Dot bank customer service and after an hour or so they said to reimburse my $5 by the next day and after I use all of the amount they would close up my card. I went and spent my $35 at Walmart and checked my card balance the next day to see if they sent my $5.

Not only they did not send the money but they put a negative $5 on my card and did not close the account as well. I called again. No luck. After a week I called 1 more time and finally spoke with a representative and he said that we cannot send your money back to card because my balance is negative and if they do it will cancel the negative balance. I said it was not fair how they rip off my $10 and asked to close my card and I explained my unsatisfactory from the Walmart and Green Dot bank. As I know now that a lot of people are getting ripped off the same as me I am complain and hoping that someone in the authority could take legal action against Walmart and Green Dot bank for stealing millions of dollars from people and not helping them at all. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I shop at Walmart for my pet supplies and pet food. I find that the selection is ok, however I wish the prices were not so high. I'm not real happy with the selection all the time but I make due by buying smaller sizes when I need to.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Always find what I need and staff is good. Stock is a good variety and prices are good. Help when needed to get product from storeroom. Good selection of food and supplies to choose from.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Staff at Wal-Mart Pet Department was very helpful and knowledgeable also willing to take the necessary time to do the job properly. Overall a really good experience. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Wal-Mart Pet Department is not actually a pet store. The amount of items they carry is limited and that is understandable. If I wanted something specific, I'd go to a pet store not a grocery store. So all and all they carry most things.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I found on the website of Walmart Sparkling Apple Cider at a very good price, the description was: Martinelli's Sparkling Cider - Apple - Case of 12 - 25.4 Fl oz. then I order 3 cases. When I went to pick up my order they only gave me 3 bottles! And they claimed that was what I bought. I showed them the description and I told them there were 3 cases and they called someone else, that person told me the same thing and I told them: “Are you refusing to give me my order? It's not my fault that someone else made a mistake. You talk to that person and fix it but you have to give me my product.” At the end they did not give me anything. I call customer service and they gave me an apology but they will not give me anything because it was a mistake. They offered me a refund which I did not accept, but they canceled my order the same day I put it and made the claim. I'm so angry about that! Grrrrr!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The time for delivery was 11/09/2017 for an order placed 11/07/2017. This was a store pick-up in North Reading, MA. Today I am told the item will be available 11/13/2017. Totally unacceptable. I could have bought it and picked it up by now. No more online orders for Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The products provided were amazing, but can't say that about the staff, two associates were clueless on telling myself and my husband about any products! Customer service needs help! But other than that - the selection of products were right on, there are so many things to choose from, from a simple leash to medication for your animals! They (Walmart) also had beds, cages etc to choose from! Thank you have a nice day!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Check for expiration on products. I went to our local Wal-Mart center to purchase some marinated sauce for our steak. When I got home I notice the expiration date on the bottle was 06/2016. I called customer service to inform them that the store had expired product that was over a year old and the lady didnt care at all. I went into the store and return the expired product and they gave me a hard time stating that I had this bottle in my house and trying to returned it. I told the customer service representative I was literally here 15 minutes ago buying this product. I requested a supervisor since a manager wasnt available she returned the item and gave me my money.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Ordered a CD player for the first and last time with Walmart. Was lead to believe I would receive by Monday, Nov 13th. Get a email confirmation and the date says, Monday, Nov 20th, when I will be out of state for the holiday. On the website for your Walmart account, they purposely don't have a section where you can cancel the order. So I called Walmart and spoke with a incompetent agent. Had to repeat 3x's my order number, billing address and my name. OMG, are you kidding me? Why don't you write down a paper, so I don't need to repeat myself. Then I'm told, this is a 3rd party named Wholesale is the REAL COMPANY I need to speak with and you will need to call them. Was given a bogus phone number from the Walmart agent. You can't get through to them - which again is designed to frustrate you, so you'll give up and hopefully just accept the order. NOT!

Finally I found the little tiny section where you can email them. Here's what I wrote below. I will never EVER order anything again from Walmart. Shame on you for misleading customers and trust me Walmart you picked the wrong person, since I network with over 50K in my community. Cancel this order immediately - since I was led to believe I would receive product on Monday, November 13th, not November 20th. I've also contacted my bank to let them know I canceled because of the bait & switch tactic. Today's Date: Friday, November 10, 2017. I also called your number 615-259-3030 which is bogus. It's only a voice mail system and no one LIVE answers. Then you get disconnected.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Wal-Mart Pet Department has a wide range of foods for a wide range of animals as well as other products to help keep them healthy and safe. And maybe, like for people of low income such as myself, the stores have to provide safe and healthy pet products that most people can actually afford. People like my own mother make sure that their pets receive better nutrition than they do because pet food and meds are so overpriced (just like truly healthy people food and meds). I'm in very poor health, dying in fact, but can't get a recommended service dog because I simply can't afford to feed us both. Thanks for asking, but I'd be truly thankful if and when I could get the help I, and the animals we care so much about, the actual help we really need. Preferably before I die in the not-so-distant future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I would like to see more of a selection of dog food and treats and also a lot more natural selections. The pet selection is very small. It would be nice if they allotted more space to pets.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My dog needs low fat treats not available in store. Not enough selection in larger size bags of weight management dog foods. Also, need a larger variety of toys for heavy chewers such as beagles.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

As a frequent customer of yours I’m writing in regards to a very distasteful experience I had with your company. Awful... Just Awful! I placed an order with Walmart online on 10/06/17 for a grill. Received a Walmart Address: 11012 N Williams St, Dunnellon, FL 34432. However I went to the store my order was not there. The sales associate gave me a number to call site to store 1-800-966-6546. When I contacted the customer care he told me they are behind to wait 3 more days. The expected arrival time has come and gone but still nothing.

I called again today. The customer care told me that the package was lost in the warehouse. He offered me two OPTION for my inconvenience 5% off (INSULT). He will have to cancel my order, I would have to wait 5 days for the money to go back in my account, I would have to go online re-order again with a RUSH delivery charged to me then to call back to get refund for the rush delivery not knowing when and if this grill would be delivered. What an enormous hassler. By that time I would be charged double for my inconvenience. I ask if they could replace the grill with one in store equivalent to the one I was getting for my inconvenience and good customer service. I got no help so I canceled. Walmart will not help you resolve the problem. Very poor customer service. Very unhappy.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Most of the products are made in the USA and there's a great selection. The prices are reasonable. They take credit, debit, and cash. Staff is always available and ready to help you. They help you pack large bags to your car.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I shop at both Walmart and HEB, depending on where I am at. Both stores are very good for me and my family. Walmart had some items that HEB does not. I am happy with either of them. Most of the time I'm going to Walmart because of what I need from them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

If you are looking for something quick Wal-Mart Pet Department is the place to shop. But they feature cheap products, made in China. Not the best for your four legged family members. And if you want help getting something from above or if you have questions about certain products there is never anyone around. So customer service is AWFUL.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I shop Walmart because it's cheaper than other stores. The produce isn't great but it's "ok". Plus they will price match other stores' products and even give you credit on their "savings catcher".

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Walmart's variety is not as extensive as I might like, but the prices are great. I can get what I need for my cats, dogs and guinea pig and not go far from home.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Prices are good, not the same items all the time. Customer service lacking - don’t think they pay associates enough for them to go out of their way to help you. Never enough checkout lines open. Store could be cleaner.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We went to Walmart today to get some Christmas stuff. I walked past the fish section and this is what I saw. There was a tank with a PILE of dead goldfish, the tanks were FILTHY, there were fish swimming on their sides, and the bettas were kept in small plastic cups with brown water and algae growing in them. There was obviously no one maintaining the tanks and no one was around to bring the issue up immediately. I took one of the bettas to customer service where I spoke with a manager.

I explained to her that the tanks were disgusting, fish were dying, and showed her the betta as illustration. I told her this fish was still alive, but was probably going to die soon and asked her if I could take it home and attempt to nurse it back. The lady said, "Walmart not gonna let you do that. We just gonna send it back." At that point, I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with this. The lady just didn't care. So I took the fish and walked out with it. The pics of the filthy tanks were Walmart. The battery in my phone died, so I couldn't get more.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Many times an item will be empty on the shelf. Trying to find someone to check in the back can be a nightmare. Often there's no employee working in the department and when you find someone not assigned to the pet section they act as if they couldn't be bothered to try and help you out.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

You can't ever find anyone to help you. There is never enough check out's open. The pharmacy is awful you can call a day ahead to have your medicine refilled and it's never ready when you get there. Overall the store has awful customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I use Wal-Mart's online grocery service. It convenient and free. The app works well. They email me when my order is ready. I wish other stores offered this service. I prefer Target, Sprout, and Whole Foods.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

They never have but two or registers out at all times so self checkout are full, so prefer driving 45 miles north out of my way to Green Valley, Arizona, having the Nogales Walmart store 5 mins away from my home!! That store manager Need get his hands out his pocket and work, too many times I have left and to another local store because of the time spent try to get out of this store. Yet in the Green Valley there's employees always will to help get you in and out quickly!!! What can you do! Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Customer service is good and friendly. I just like to see more dog supplies at more reasonable prices. Also, should have live fish and more pet supplies.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I found Wal-mart a great place to shop. It is an all-in-one store from goods to clothes, automobile parts to install tired toys, electronics, TV, etc. One-stop store.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is a small town and there are few other stores for us to use. It has a wide variety of different types of products. We are thankful for this one!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I would advise anyone thinking of getting passport photos taken to forget about Walmart. 5 years ago we had them taken there and the cost was $9.95 each. Recently we went to get them done again and we were billed $55.98 for two sets. I was in shock and thought, "Wow! The price gone up since the last time when we paid $9.95 ea." So we paid our bill, still in shock, and left. On checking other stores prices we found: COSTCO = $6.99 comes with a passport holder. SHOPPERS DRUG MART = $14. CAA = $12.50. Needless to say I felt really ripped off, but it was too late as we had already paid for them. On calling the Walmart customer service center, the agent was very nice but refused to do anything about the gouging. So be warned... Go anywhere but Walmart for photos!

Wal-Mart Company Information