2. Shopping

Wal-Mart

3.7/5 (2167 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 9, 2018

Have called Corp on this so called new policy, they had said they knew of no new policy, but at stores they make you stop for a sticker on all your return items, when you get to service desk they throw them out? Takes quite a bit of time at door with backups waiting for stickers, when one is on a tight schedule, and if you go around the line, the door greeter talks to you like you, are garbage, when all you want to do after a long day is to get in, do return do some shopping and get out. Walmart is no longer a pleasant experience, especially if you are disabled. Was told that is to deter theft by oje co mgr, who basically blames us for this change, why when you have your receipts and bagged items in hand? Has the feel that Walmart saying that we are all thieves now! No other retail store treats good customers this way. Will most likely stop shopping at Walmart, public treats you with the respect we deserve. It's a shame!

Original review: May 9, 2018

We were on vacation visiting family and rented a house close to the store on 192 & Bass road. #1 the service took forever even in the self express lanes. But the whole time while in line the clerk was continually speaking Spanish, the last time I checked Florida was still in the United States and English is the LEGAL LANGUAGE. We felt like we were in a foreign country. Even when I got to the cashier she spoke Spanish to me, I told her English only, then she spoke very little to me but the whole time she was checking me out she was talking in rapid non stop Spanish to the override clerk.

I had bought an item that was on clearance and she overcharged me. When I brought it to her attention she looked at the override clerk and spoke rapid Spanish and the override clerk looked at me and they both laughed. Then she charged me for the item twice and when I got back to the house and went over my receipt I called and they told me customer service was closed at that time. I had my time planned out and I had to go back to the store to get a refund and I’ll be a monkeys uncle but I got an employees that spoke Spanish to me.

I felt I should let you know if I go to a foreign country I expect this because that’s that country’s language but Walmart should apologize to the American people because this is not what Sam Walton would have allowed. This is America and we as Americans expect our English language to be used while in the USA. I THINK I STAND FOR EVERY AMERICAN That has had to stand in line and made to feel that they are being talked about by foreigners when you can’t understand what they are saying! It’s RUDE and should not be allowed.

I was born in Kissimmee and this is just one experience I had to endure while home visiting my family. Very unhappy about this problem. And if they can’t speak English then you shouldn’t hire them if they can’t communicate with English speaking Americans, I shouldn’t be expect to automatically know their language! Very tired of being a foreigner in America. Wake up America.

Original review: May 8, 2018

You can't bring your pet in unless its properly badged. Your animal can't go in and they only sell fish and pet supplies for cats, dogs, fish and so rodents and reptiles. No variety of pets for sale. Not my idea of a real pet store!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Walmart always has great prices, but they don't always have the same products. I'm going to try chewy.com for my next order, perhaps they will have the brands I like and good prices.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I am so thoroughly frustrated with Walmart Online that I'm recommending that you avoid using their service to purchase anything. I've been trying to purchase a patio furniture set for more than a week. The first time I tried to purchase it the site replied that it could not be delivered to my zip code. When I contacted the customer service department they responded it was a glitch and within 48 hours it would be fixed and I should try again. I have 3-times and each time the site says it can't break delivered and each time I've been told that it's a temporary glitch in the system. It's almost as though all customer service reps are given this reply to use when they don't know for sure what's wrong.

Even more frustrating is that I've been told that my problem has been elevated and I would expect a call from a customer service manager. Haven't gotten the call. If I don't hear from Walmart I'm going to buy from another retailer. It's just unbelievable how poorly this company treats interested buyers. Come on Walmart, get your act together.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I have bought more broken items than I cannot count. I have a radio that I have replaced twice that was missing parts the first time and now doesn't work (Blackweb so do not buy their products). Blackweb claims their products are perfect, they are all defective.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I am a COPD patient at home. Unable to shop and carry my Oxygen tank. So for the last two years, I have been ordering online. Because I am homebound, don't drive, and can't walk long. It's hard loading and unloading a cart with tubing hanging. I placed an order and the shipping date is ridiculous, because I anticipated using charger plates for mother's day brunch. I need three corsages for mother's day, and shipping for them were also after mother's day. I visited the site of the retailer who was selling the products and they did not show the item for sale at all, so I laced them back.

Walmart use to do excellent service, and delivery by UPS USPS and FedEx was exceptional. Don't know what happened. If Walmart said two days, it would be two days. It may be the department employees, or computer IT techs, I had to open a new account, I don't know why. When I first got the account it was $200. And for no apparent reason, someone lowered it to $100. Just because they had the authority to. Now I get a promotion and a offer to come into the store and charge up to $150 by 12/31) 2018... I don't understand.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I usually shop at Walmart for my cat supplies. However, the selections are few. That does not affect what my cat likes. The main problem is being out of the product I am looking for and no associate available to request help.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Like being able to order online at Wal-Mart and have free pick up at store. Store help is helpful when picking up order with their call ahead app. They have order ready waiting on me to pick up.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Being on vacation, prior to going to our hotel, my husband and I stopped by the store on Conley Road in Columbia, Missouri, after having traveled for hours. I saw a young man stocking paper towels/toilet paper. I approached him and asked for a price check. I needed some paper towels, and the price of the ones that I wanted was not visible. Upon asking, the worker YELLED, "What?!!" We were appalled. He was very pugnacious and condescending. It took him a while to find the price and he attempted to hand the paper towels to me behind his back. He asked, "Do you want them or not?" I was so offended that I began to walk away. Before I did, I sarcastically thanked him for his help. He then sarcastically replied, "Yeah, you're welcome!"

We are **. Apparently, he is a racist. Why would he be working there if he does not like **? He was EXTREMELY nasty. His behavior was uncalled for. On our way out, I reported him; however, I failed to get his name. I could only give a description. We are not living in the 60s any longer. He treated or mistreated us as if we were "**" people from slavery days. I had no idea Walmart tolerated such nefarious behavior. I contacted customer service/corporate office via email and I was told to take it up with the manager. In other words, the worker got away with it. I didn't even get an apology!!!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I understand that people want to save money, but the majority of products there are cheap quality. I do not buy pet food there. I only purchase treats, toys, or accessories. I wanted to purchase treats for my cat, however they did not have any treats that were soft. My cat cannot have any dry food or treats, as per vet. So I did not make a purchase from the pet department today.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Do not order online from Walmart. We ordered a light grow kit. We received a light bulb. I contacted Walmart and they said, “Oh it's one of our vendors and we don't handle that.” Well it's on their website. Walmart's trying, and I stress, Trying to compete with Amazon. Walmart get out of the game, you're committing fraud. You’re likely to get a lawsuit or more. Stick with Amazon if you are ordering online. I know for a fact Amazon stands behind everything on their website.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I find Walmart FAST, personable, of reasonable quality and computer user friendly. In other words, I have not had a problem with Walmart, they are great!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I would not really call this a Pet Store. It is a pet section in the store. They do have several products that I like. The pet beds are nice and reasonably priced. I also buy a spray that is helpful after our dog goes outside. It smells nice but not too strong. It is close to us and very convenient.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Never order online. I ordered a tv that said 2 day shipping. After I ordered said would ship in 5 days. Called customer service and they told me the order had to be placed by 2. I said nowhere does it say it on the app. The supervisor verified this by logging on app and said Walmart.com and app have 2 different policies and nothing could be done. Worst service ever!!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I really like the pet department at Walmart because I can shop 24/7 and many times it is late night or early morning. Regardless of the time, they offer a great selection and excellent prices. They also have good security and have provided someone to watch over me when I had to walk to my car during the wee hours.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The Wal-Mart stores in California are ruining our small businesses. The shelves are dirty, the staff is impolite and they told me that they only speak Spanish. I speak English only; does Wal-Mart expect me to learn Spanish in order to shop there? Thank you.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Every single time now that makes three I have made a purchase from Walmart.com first when the items come it is not at all the picture or description they advertise. Then I email customer service and they are the rudest people I have ever had contact with. Then after all the money I spend my house is filling up with items I cannot use and I am out the money. I contacted customer service directly after the second time that I did not get a reasonable response. Said it would cost me much to return. It refunded me pennies and stuck with it. Customer service apologized profusely said they would check into it with no response yet and it's been months. Said they deal with a lot of retailers who contract out. In other words so what.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I like to shop here for pet products for my cat and my daughter's bird. I always find what I need at a great price. I love to pick them out toys and treats.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Twice I've ordered items from Wal-Mart online that claimed free 2-day shipping. Both times I get a tracking number with a date 7-10 days later than the order date. When I call customer service I just get the runaround. Lesson learned, won't be ordering from Wal-Mart ever again.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I can always find what I'm looking for on Amazon.com. If I don't like the price or want to purchase locally, I go to Walmart.com. Between the two I get what I need within my budget.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Their products are very good and I usually buy my pet stuff from Walmart. I really love the way they stock the things that you need for your pets. They have for each pet you have. You can talk to somebody anytime of the day or night and get the best advice for your pet. They will take and show you the things that you need for your pet that is best for your pet.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The Walmart.com associates are very rude and offer no help to the customer so I asked to a supervisor. The supervisor started making excuses immediately and like her associate was very rude and offered no help. It seems that whether you call the corporate office or walk in a store in San Antonio Tx CUSTOMERS MEAN NOTHING TO WALMART. I am sending my SAM'S Membership back to them and will find other stores to trade with. Way to go Walmart.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Often use Walmart.com because of a broader selection of product. Sometimes online pricing is cheaper than the in store price - why? Always stay with in store pick up to avoid S&H cost.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I shop at Walmart's Pet Section because I have a very choicely Puppy and she will only eat a certain type of Food and Treat. I shop all her pet care needs as well, prices are great. Shopped other pet stores and Walmart is the best. Will only shop there for Her.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I stopped shopping Walmart.com after the 3rd time out of 5 orders were canceled for no reason or explanation and my payment wasn't refunded for almost a week. In addition I purchased an office chair from a third party on Walmart.com that broke after 60 days of use. The seller offered no refund and Walmart refused to offer any refund either. Contacted Walmart customer service and was told Walmart offers virtually no protections to their online customers. What an awful company.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The Walmart store has signs so customer can find items easy. The pet items are in order and priced. And at good value for money. Inexpensive. A variety to choose from. I visit The Walmart on 190 Street Normandie Los Angeles.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This store is always helpful and they almost always have what I need for my dogs. The only complaint that I have I always have to go to another store or order my dogs flea and tick medicine.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Low-class customer service at Walmart Jones/Lake Mead! Bought online for pickup there, what a mistake! Don't bother! Shop at Amazon instead. I refuse to ever shop at Walmart again!

Original review: April 26, 2018

It's almost impossible to get a customer service rep at Walmart. And, they know nothing about animals and products they carry. Only help I got was directions to pet supply area. Then you're on your own.

Wal-Mart Company Information