2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Customer service at our local Walmarts is satisfactory. There is always someone around to ask a question of or for assistance. Checkouts are smooth and efficient. Prices are another subject. Walmart rarely has sales where there are sufficient cents or dollars off to warrant extra purchase. Also, not having sales doesn't give incentive to shop at Walmart for extra savings. Prices compared to another local grocery store are high. Most Walmart store brands in respect to food do not taste as good as other groceries store brands. Pet food prices and supplies as well as variety are equal to other stores and satisfy basic needs. One action of Walmart that has caused disappointment is their removal of firearms and reduction of the size of their sporting goods departments.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I always find good deal at Walmart. And it is very easy to find someone to help you. If I have to return something they help with that too. And they had let me return something in the mail and give me a ship label too so I did not have to buy to send the thing back and they give me back my money in 2 days.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I like shopping at Walmart. Prices are good and the food is fresh. If you're not happy with a purchase order they never give you a hard time. They immediately give you back a refund and friendly customer service...

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I called the Walmart Photo Center in Wyomissing, PA to see if I was able to print out invitations on cardstock already set on my iPhone. The associate who answered said I was able to, but no one in the photo department would be in until 1:15pm. I arrived around 4pm and explained to the then associate what I was told. She agreed that it was able to be done and had me upload my photo, went through the process of picking the size, etc. We get to the end and then told me it would only be on regular photo paper. She then began to explain that whoever I spoke with earlier didn’t know what she was talking about and it can only be ordered online. I feel as though everyone should know more in each department in order to answer customer questions more honestly or just simply say they don’t know the answer. Very frustrating.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Location - Walmart Manchester Store #1177. 201 Highlands Boulevard Dr. Manchester, MO 63011. The last 2 times, the orders were incorrect. This last time, my husband waited outside for the delivery for 70 minutes! They did tell him it would be about 5 minutes. I was hung up on twice when I called to try to figure out what was going on. The next time I was on hold for so long, I finally hung up myself. To rectify they "inconvenience", they credited us for a box of granola bars! I have NEVER had a positive experience at any Wal-Mart, but this was the final straw!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I like Walmart. They have a good variety of products, but their self checkouts are always messing up. It takes awhile for a associate to help when one does. They need more checkout lanes open because they are busier than any other store around here.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Walmart staff helpful, courteous during return and helped me as disabled. Great store by Beale AFB. Clean and great experience. Can't ask any better. All staff was helpful asking if they be assistance. Great CSR on watching registers. Called help to get consumers out pdq.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Value for price is better than other stores in my area. However, it is often difficult to find someone to help when I am looking for a product. I buy all my paper products at Walmart. I have recently started to use their pharmacy for my prescriptions.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I don't like the fact that everything in the store is made in China. I would rather shop some place that has local products. I'm really tired of merchants pushing foreign products and not giving us a choice.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Great selection of everyday household goods and great prices. I would definitely recommend shopping at Walmart in St. George, Utah. But customer service needs some help cause it seems like there is never enough registers open.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

In the evenings of shopping there's never enough checkout lanes or something always wrong with the self-checkout. On the weekends the shelves are empty of many different items, which are normally on the shelf during the week.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

From the parking to the lighting, the products, the carts, the other customers, the employees, the checkout experience, the corporate structure and policies, everything about Walmart is terrible. It's an awful experience to walk into one of their stores, and they treat their employees like garbage.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Overall Walmart is a good value. Customer service is hit or miss, but average is typically fine. Grocery section of a Super Walmart would deserve more variety and especially consistent quality. Walmart website is technologically and user-interface wise sub-par in almost every dimension and really needs a major overhaul. Same for the pharmacy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

They have everything I need in a 1 stop place. The prices are good and not too far to travel so it is just what I need nearby. If there is ever a problem it is taken care of whether you shop online or at the store.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The Walmart here in Venice is open 24/7. It's very clean & orderly. The help is very kind and helpful. If you are a regular they call you by your name and so happy to see you. They go out of their way to say good morning etc and ask you if they can help you with anything. I am very pleased and happy with our Walmart. The only negative thing I can say about it and it's not the store itself is that they continually run out of items and/or discontinue item(s) especially if food one ends up loving and get frustrated because unable to purchase it anymore.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Walmart is great but they need to stock shelves faster. They also do not carry a lot of different items. But I enjoy their magazines at 3 for $10.00. My grandson loves the toy department They also have pocket books at a discount. Most of their items are cheaper than other stores. I shop there a lot more than I used to.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Customers don't get help in electronic devices or in pet supplies with heavyweight items. When needing help getting stuff to your car being disabled is not going to happen. This is an outrage on Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The Newton NJ store is old, no updates in very long time. The floor helpers are few to none, normally have to find a person stocking a shelf to get help. The selection is getting less and less, more junky stuff, fewer cashiers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Good prices... but wasted trip(s) to Walmart because the items I want are not stocked and I cannot determine when the shipments come in. Maybe I should ask a psychic. Know anyone. They need more associates on the floor...

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Walmart is a one stop shopping. I don't have to spend time or money running around to different stores to get what I need. For the most part, the prices are better than or at least comparable to other discount stores. Generally if the price is a bit more, it is because the quality is better than other discount stores. Aisles are always clean, the shelves are stocked. Plus you can find various brands and new product ideas.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have mobility issues, my local Wal-Mart (and other stores) do not have enough electric shopping carts, and there is often a very long wait until one becomes available. Because of my disability I can shop only at stores that provide these electric carts. Wal-Mart and the other large retailers should and must be more responsive to the needs of their elderly and handicapped customers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

They keep moving the product around. Hard to find what you need like to know the ** that dream this up. I'm 67 and like to go get what I need and leave but lose time looking and no one cares. My wife no longer will go to Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

No customer service, inventory is terrible, very few items are labeled with prices. Never buy produce there, very poor quality. Only buy prescriptions there for cheap price! Garden supplies are limited and overpriced, not enough cashiers as I will not do self-checkout, too much hassle.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Horrible place. Went for battery installation but they broke my car ignition by bending the key in it. It cost me $793 to fix!! They initially told me, "You fix it. We will pay," but now they are saying, "We don't pay anything"!!! Staff, managers and assistant managers all are rude, liars and disrespectful. I am going to sue them if they don't come forward and pay me back the money. If there is somebody else with a similar situation let me know so we can team up and get them down. I don't know what kind of people are they. Never ever go there again. Absolutely rubbish and useless...

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bought a pair of boots online and they will not return them because they said it was bought through a 3rd party on Walmart.com website? Um... Yeah? Needless to say I'm out $100 and own a pair of boots that don't fit. Oh and I think it's on the hiring application that you have to be a rude ** to work the return counter. Needless to say this is the last time I shop there!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

It's obvious that some employees do not want to help the customer, but just there to get a paycheck. Also, they turn their name tags around so that you can't see it therefore the customer is reluctant to ask for any help. The store demands a lot of moving things around & is always out of something, & they think the product is in stock in the back but it's not, even when they check the mod. That Supercenter needs to do a better job. The location is nice, but some of the workers & their attitudes once they are hired are terrible! Positions go to their heads & they forget that the customer needs help sometimes. Lima Walmart on Harding Highway should try & do better! After all, Mr. Walton would expect no less!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

You just can't beat the one stop shopping that Walmart provides. You can find almost anything there, and their prices are below other retailers. From large appliances to Instant Pot accessories, clothing staples to hinges - and my store has groceries, too. Love it! I refuse to buy into the unfortunate reputation that store has - my income is substantial and I feel no shame going to Walmart almost every day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Looking for organic produce as their advertising promises. Not much and had to really dig to find it. Prices looked good but when I went to purchase they were higher than stated. Went to self check out and asked if I could remove items since I couldn't find pricing and was told yes but then had to call attendant every time!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

All big box stores like Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buys, etc have terrible customer service reps or floor people, you can never find one, and when you do they don't have a clue what their talking about, this is why I do a lot of online shopping these days. Then when I have to return something, Walmart in particular has gotten a lot more stringent in how they do returns in addition to waiting in line for 20 to 30 minutes. I try not to go into Walmart much anymore, but occasionally I have to, which is sort of sad because Walmart use to be a lot better place at least when it came to customer service and returns, most, not all, of the floor people have never been high-caliber workers, but you get what you pay for.

Best Buy use to train their sales reps extensively but when they removed commissions from their pay they stopped in-depth training and now if I ask a question about a product after I beg someone to help me, they read the information off the display card... I can read the display card myself why would I bother to get a salesperson to do that?! With that commission gone and no bonus the Best Buy sales rep has no motivation to make a sale, they're just putting in their floor time so I'll see them just huddled in a small group talking about nothing.

Again, I don't go to Best Buy anymore either, just buy whatever I need online. Costco in the regard of intelligent help on the floor is somewhat better than Best Buy, but Costco isn't far outstanding better in that regard, but their customer service is outstanding. I missed the old days of experienced highly trained sales people who were eager to help, but they dropped wages significantly on this sort of work and in return you get people who are not well trained or even experienced.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

If you can shop elsewhere - do. When confronting mgmt about any issue you will be deeply disappointed. Save yourself the trouble and order online at Amazon or shop Kroger for great food prices. Repeated attempts to see if service has changed sends me back to shopping elsewhere. Go where they value your business.

Wal-Mart Company Information