2. Shopping

Wal-Mart
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5
Based on 2,115 ratings submitted in the last year

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I'm done shopping online using Walmart.com. They almost never deliver items as promised and I ALWAYS have to head over to Amazon.com to get the job done right, such a shame. It's always the same ole thing, seems to be a pattern with these people, order placed, delivery date promised, shipping information received, no further updates received, no package, and refund issued. It's very frustrating and waste of time. I don't know what's going on with Walmart.com but they need to get it together, very bad for business.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I was on the Walmart app as I was looking for a micro sd card. I noticed a PNY 128 gb was priced at 5.00 I figured it was a mistake but clucked it and the price changed to 20.98. I decided to do an online chat to ask about it. I took a screen shot to show them what I was seeing. The Rep told me the price was correct. I could go inside the store and pay 5.00 or if I ordered it, it would be 20.98. I repeated back to him to be sure I read correctly and again took screen shots of our chat so I had proof of him telling me I could get it for 5 bucks. I ran to Walmart and of course even though it was listed in stock, it was not there. In fact I had to go through 3 employees and 2 managers before I was told that not only is it not in the store but they don't even carry the brand PNY.

So why is it advertised on the walmart app as 5 bucks in my local store in stock if Walmart does not even carry that brand? I will tell you why... Walmart lies. They do carry that brand because I bought a pny 16 gb SD a week prior in the store. They told me I could get the 128 gb but would have to order online. I told them if I do that, it will cost 20.98 not 5 dollars. I'm thinking they do this on purpose knowing they don't have it and try to switch it with a more expensive item which is illegal. They did this with a garden hose I recently wanted to get that was 10 dollars but changed to 20 when I clicked it. I smell class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Some of the best food products I have purchased is the store brand! The fresh food section is well stocked and looks good. Everything else is comparable to other large grocery stores. I do most of my shopping at my local Wal-Mart.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

After placing an order that was to be sent next day, then was not, I called to cancel after the online cancellation was disabled. I then phoned, to cancel only 1 of 5 items, because of the urgency. My sister and brother are terminally ill, and I care for my 92 yr old mother. The rep. was totally having a communication problem, and laughingly asked "did you have breakfast today?" Patiently I tried to explain the nature of the call, out of frustration I cancelled the entire order. #** $179.13....only $15.97 was refunded.... Spoke to another resolution specialist, who now states that it will be taken care of on 11/6/19. Then I receive emails to rate the experience???? Really?? There should be a negative star rating.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My experience is that Walmart is a great family store for value and quality. The quality is good on clothing and shoes for the whole family. Also, most of the name brands for personal items used in typical households can be found at Walmart for a much lower price. And customer service is great.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have had a Walmart credit card for over 2 years, during this time I have maintained a 100% payment on time status. I had to learn about the change from walmart to Capital One by a notification from my credit agency. My walmart card was zeroed out and added another card without my authorization which lowered my credit score. I called Capital one last night to speak with them about this transaction, and they had nothing but excuses. I paid it off over the phone and will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Walmart has great prices and a ton of rollback prices. It also has a lot of variety to choose from and many locations. Their app and free ship to store can't be beat. My only complaint would be bringing back their price scanners so you can check prices before going to the register. Other than that is is one store that can't be beat.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

There is limited choices, but the value of what they offer is good. I have recommended Walmart to my friends. They also have been satisfied. The fact that it is local is also a plus. Lowe's or Home Depot is 15 miles away where Walmart is 3 miles.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Every single Wal-Mart I visit has the same problems: Crowded, cluttered aisles and product not stocked. They cram so many products in the store that it makes it difficult to navigate the aisles. No matter the time of day there is always at least one thing on my grocery list that is not stocked on the shelves that should and normally is there. This store is very frustrating. I would not recommend it to anyone if you have other options to choose from.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I ordered two cell phones online, received both. One was defective, I called Walmart to get a replacement. They told me, there was no replacement available, they also said to just keep the telephone and they will refund the money back to my credit card. 3 months later when I called Walmart wondering where the credit was. They told me that the product had to be returned in order for the credit to be applied. Needless to say I was lied to, when I was told to keep the phone, and they probably hoped that would forget about the credit, And everything would be ok....DO not shop with these people online, my first and last experience with them has been nothing but deceitful. Their business practices have been deceitful with me, and I'm sure this has been going on with other people as well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Onn tablets are a Walmart company. Walmart's customer service sign says they are happy to take returns for 90 days. The tablet stopped working within 60 days. Took it back and was then told that it only had a 15 day return policy, even if it stopped working--completely on it's own; nothing had happened to it--(as been dropped, spilled on, etc). Was told to contact Onn ourselves; with the information provided on the packaging in the box. There is NO information on or in the box on how to contact Onn whatsoever. We are now stuck with an over $100 purchase that doesn't work at all and no way to exchange or return it. Walmart is lying, both in their signs stating 90 day returns and by telling people they'll be able to contact Onn, on their own, when there is absolutely no information given to do so. This purchase was already a financial hardship, but we bought it for someone in more need!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I love Walmart, it is a one-stop store. And the employees are amazing. The store is always clean every time I go there to shop. I will recommend my family and friends to shop there. They have great price.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Ordered simple light bulbs via on-line. Walfart uses a sub-contractor, and of course two weeks pass and still no delivery. Of course customer service is useless, and of course sub contractor cannot be reached. I have decided on behalf of all consumers to write the true corporate clowns in their boardroom to tell them of how Walfart treats their customers, and ask my fellow consumer to take our business elsewhere. So, help me consumer to send a message to the good ole boys on the board, and help take away the stock rating increase. If not, these clowns will continue to gouge the American public of their hard earned money, pretty much for crap from China, which will probably disintegrate within weeks anyway. Good Bye Walmart forever!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I can buy most simple things for home improvement at Walmart. And do my other shopping as well. When it comes to needing other building supplies, I need to go to another store. The prices are very reasonable, but they could use a larger variety.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

On Saturday October 19, I was at the Walmart store at 400 Eubank in Albuquerque at around noon. I came out of store and noticed that the vehicle that had been parked next to me, had backed into my car. I called my claims department with insurance, and was instructed to go back into store and get security, as they have access to the cameras in parking lot. The security guy was totally worthless! Told me that I had to call Police, as it was their camera and he couldn't pull the footage. He walked away. My claims lady was appalled at the total lack of help from this employee with this issue. Somebody pulled a hit and run on my car, and the security guy could have cared less. This store needs better customer service, as I am not some scumbag customer...I work for the Federal Government!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Ordered an infrared fireplace from Walmart. It was delivered well packaged but with a damaged cabinet - likely the manufacturers fault for not checking what they are packaging. I bought the Protection package from Walmart. It has been nothing but frustration trying to navigate their online service maze plus the busy 800 number. I learned my lesson, not to order online from Walmart and to skip the protection plan. Buy in store so to you can bring it back - skip the protection plan.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I really like shopping at Walmart. They usually have the best prices on everything and their customer service is getting better. I wish they had a bigger selection for their light bulbs though because I can't always find the ones I'm looking for. Other than that they have a pretty big selection for everything else.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I placed two orders from Walmart website and both has been problematic; the first one has been shipped partially and arrived after three weeks; the second order has been cancelled while they had the items in stock! Which is really ridiculous... Anyway, don't use their services; they're just to waste customer's time without even feeling any responsibility for their awful services...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Walmart is one of the worst companies I have ever shopped with. I have had so many bad experiences. First, I bought diabetic testing supplies from Walmart. I did not open them. After a doctor tested me a few days later, I tried to return them. Walmart would not let me return them because they are "blood products" even though they were clearly sealed. Second, I bought two quality watches from Walmart. There was no protection plan for the watches, only for electronics.

Third, I bought ten heaters from Home Depot because Walmart's price was $30 more per heater ($300 more in for ten) and HD offered a $50 discount for applying for and using their credit card. When I complained to Walmart CS, the CS Rep wanted a link to prove it. I sent him six links with all of the information showing that Walmart was not only worse than HD but many other companies including Sears, Best Buy and other reputable companies. I have not heard back from Walmart since I emailed them with this information. Since I am sure that there will be many more things which Walmart will do wrong, I will review future problems I have with Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Weekly grocery shopping because they gather the items and deliver to truck. We are seniors++ and very limited. This is a big help. The associates are very kind and personable. The database is a little buggy, but I hope they are working to improve it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I shop at Walmart because of the lower prices on food items, clothes and shoes. I also use their car care centers for tires and oil changes. If I am looking for an item not in stock I simply go to customer service and talk to a manager. Not only is it ordered, I get an email when it arrives.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Last week I stopped at Walmart on Blanco Road in San Antonio to buy bread crumbs. The 1st employee I asked had no idea what I was asking him (didn't speak any/much English). He was busy stocking 2 jars of peanut butter. The second employee I asked told me they don't have bread crumbs until around Thanksgiving. Xmas things were already on display, so I figured that since Thanksgiving was before Xmas and I might find bread crumbs. After walking down 3 or 4 aisles I found them. NO THANKS TO THE WAL-MART EMPLOYEES.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Walmart on Wheatsheaf Lane in Philadelphia consistently understaffs its store both for generalized customer service and for check out. Check out lines are exceptionally long. It has now opened a separate checkout for some of its toiletries and make up products. Customers are required to wait in that line for those products then go to the regular check out line. Additionally, Walmart security stops customers at the door, after they've waited in line to pay, to show their receipts. There is nothing quite as infuriating as having it intimated that you're a thief after giving a vendor your money.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I only buy useful things. Due to limited stores in area. Their clothing holds up. As far as size they have mine. Not a big selection but better than most for 2x. Had a pair of jeans in their brand last almost 8 years. I get almost everything I need to live. Except my Turrner's ice tea because they didn't order right.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Walmart has the best prices compared to competitors. However, the store looks "junky." Compared to CVS and Walgreens, the prices at Walmart are even better than sales prices at the other two stores. Target is a close competitor, and the store is clean and neat.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Everytime you place an order at Walmart.com; you realize that you’re back to old schools where there is no way of tracking your item. Tracking number as well as Sellers are fake. I had placed orders at Walmart.com at different intervals and trust me all the below items were either returned at the store due to non functioning or poor quality. Everytime the customer service has only 2 option either give you the refund or request for reorder (with same situation again and then get your refund finally),

1) Bluetooth Headphone
    2) My Daughter’s Halloween Dress
    3) AirPods
    4) Wireless Bluetooth Car kit

5) Polka Dress for my 2 year old Daughter

The most recent of all is the Polka Dress which I ordered on Oct-1st and the Estimate Delivery was shown for Oct-16th. Today when I called the customer service rep (Benj) said I need to wait until 8pm to get the delivery. She forgot I had called her at 9pm and said, "Let me check again." After being on hold for 20mins I get transferred to Customer Service Manager (Nas). The only option she could offer again as usual is, "I will refund your money and you can reorder."

Look at the guts to tell you that again and this time asked to place the order for next day delivery and pay premium shipping charges. All the above mentioned items I ordered again through Amazon Prime and EBay. Both the giants could get the items delivered and an excellent quality in just 2-3 days of the order. PLEASE STAY AWAY STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY FROM WALMART.COM. Pathetic experience you could ever get in today's online shopping world.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

While Walmart has good prices, their search engine is horrible and cannot seem to process more than 1 or 2 filters without messing up the search results. Furthermore, better prices can often be found on Amazon and the items are often coming from the same third party seller. Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with their next day delivery, but I haven't been able to get my time right in terms of ordering early enough to get that option even if the items are marked 'next day delivery' eligible; also, Walmart's 2 day delivery isn't as good as Amazon's.

You can order from Walmart on Monday, they don't process it until Tuesday and maybe ship that day in which you should get items by Thursday, but if they don't ship until Wednesday, items are delivered by Friday, so that's really 3 or 4 day delivery; whereas with Amazon, they give you the 'order by' countdown to have items delivered by a certain date and if you order on Monday, you'll most likely have your items in 2 days on Wednesday!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was looking at items on Walmart.com. One had two reviews, one a four star and one a one star. Curious about the one star, I tried to click on it. There was no where to click on it. I tried to go to the next page, the funny thing is it said 1/0 of 2 reviews and wouldn't let me go to the next page. It was nowhere to be found. The only reason I knew there was another review was because it was listed on the bar. Walmart is hiding its bad reviews!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Their drive to compete with online ordering has led to skimpy inventory in the the retail Walmart store. In my recent trip there I had 3 items on my shopping list that were not in stock so I ordered from Amazon right in the Walmart store. Sure, I could have ordered from Walmart online but then I would have had to return to the store for pickup. I am not into going to a store twice to make a purchase. I feel their marketing model is flawed in this way.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is one a few stores where you can get a handicapped scooter FULLY charged to do your shopping with. Some aisles are a bit tight but you can only wish this was a Super Store. Navigate them with care, most times a good selection is available. Sales associates are most willing to help you find what you need. Shelves at times are little bit messy but they do a volume business. Only wish this was a super store, so all food shopping could be done here.

Wal-Mart Company Information