2. Homeowners

Value City

3.2/5 (274 ratings)

About Value City

Value City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: June 28, 2021

I would like to send a BIG shoutout to Chris. What a wonderful lady. She had gone above and beyond to help me. Even this morning I was not able to get to the store but wanted to purchase my ottoman. I called and she was there to help me, Chris gave me my invoice number and customer care number. All I need to do is place my order. She truly a jewel. Thanks Chris.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I worked with Tammie ** at the Value City store in Westland Michigan. She helped me out with my furniture needs and gave honest reviews of the items I was looking at. I got the best deal on a number of items and am very happy with the service of the people at the store and the quality of the furniture. I HIGHLY recommend this store!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I purchased 2 sofas on November 2nd. They told that they would be delivered on December 30th. I went into the store on December 12th. They told me that my sofas were available and would be delivered on December 30th which I was told. I asked if I could get them earlier. They said yes if I picked them up. The date was December 23rd for pick up. Now I just received a call from Ann ** who was ready to take my cursing out and all of my verbal abuse which I didn't get to because she was very very nice to me.. So with that being said Value City needs to make sure that they communicate better with their customers because we pay the bills...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I have not purchased furniture in over 20 years. So I was over due. I was excited to buy new furniture, however due to the Corona virus the delivery was extremely delayed. The furniture however was exactly what I wanted so I am willing to wait. The sales representative was very helpful as well as the service desk.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

We live in the age where one has to be very careful who they associate with or let into their homes. My delivery guys were named Brian H. And Terrence. Let me tell you, these guys were the most professional people that I have ever dealt with. Their mannerisms and concern was above and beyond all that I could ever ask for. Thank you Value City Furniture for hiring guys like Brian and Terrence. I was not fearful at all to have them in my home. They were very nice polite and courteous. And I had no complaints. I hope the next time I buy furniture, you send Brian and Terrence to deliver it to me. Thank you value city furniture.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I order a bed from them telling me the bed was in stock then a day before the bed was supposed to get delivered they called and saying it was not in stock all of a sudden. Then I get an email saying confirm your delivery so I did and I called them a day of talking about I have wait two weeks. The same thing happened to me in May with a bedroom set. I tried to give them another chance but it keeps happening. They didn’t do anything to accommodate me. I even spoke with the store manager and he he did nothing. They tell you things are in stock just to get your money.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We bought two chairs which weren't the ones we really wanted, but settled for since we had family coming in from out of state and the other ones couldn't be in on time. We purchased these chairs on July 17, 2021, by August they started to fray and the material started looking horrible, I immediately they could not send anyone out until today which is October 13, 2021, they may possibly fix them, but my past experience with Value City is not good, why I went there again is my fault, the last leather living room set was leather and started peeling on the seats and arms, I called once again immediately. Only was told the warranty was out 3 days before I called, I did call corporate and was told there was nothing they could do, as I said why I went again is stupid on my part but I needed furniture in a hurry, I intend to tell everyone I know and everyone on Facebook.

Please please do not use value city, the people in the office are rude, non caring and don't give a dam about your problems with their furniture,. As I said I guess this is my fault for using them again, and I will not even go on to tell you of the furniture that I did buy that I had no problem with because the bad outweighs the good,. I will never never buy Value City again, so please please think about all the other furniture places out there to buy a better quality, I would like to mention these chairs were not cheap, I am really trying to be nice. I could go on about the words I really feel about these but I am trying my level best to be as true as I can be with out screaming and cussing.

The other chairs were more expensive and we should have waited but as I said the leather ones were worse than the new ones because Value City did nothing about them, I am writing this just to warn people stay away because nothing will be done, I should be given the option to purchase the other chairs in replacement of these but will not be given the option.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My wife and I visited one of Value City Furniture store and placed orders to buy full leather sofa set and full bedroom sets (bed, dresser nightstand....) on May 2021 and they promised that it will be delivered on Aug 2021. When we ask why will it take 3 full months for delivery, they convinced us mentioning COVID as reasons. When Aug comes we received a call and told us the item is ready to be delivered. When the delivery date approached we again received a call and notified the delivery date is delayed for another month. Imagine for the item they said it is ready to be delivered after we waited patiently for 6 full months, they still playing a game by calling and giving nonsense excuses about the delay of the furniture.

I feel so bad trusting this company. I don’t know how they survive on the business with the lack of keeping promises. To be honest I am forced to write this review to prevent other customers from being a victim. I decided to cancel all of my orders worth of $13,000 since For lacking trust on the company promise. There is quote saying “don’t expect promises from cheap people”. In my case from a company which can’t keep its promises to its valuable customers.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Got a bedroom set from them in Nov 2020 and as of today, Oct. 2nd 2021 I still don’t have the entire set delivered. They rescheduled deliveries multiple times, having me or my husband take off work on multiple occasions. We received first the chest, then few months later they sent me the bed and the nightstands, then I had to wait again for the vanity, and as of today I’m still waiting for a mirror. I don’t recommend them and I hope you don’t have to go through all the frustration that I had to go through with them. Save yourself the trouble!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I purchased a sectional sofa from Value City Furniture (clearly my first mistake). From the beginning, this sofa sounded creaky, unstable, and poorly made. It felt like no quality was out into the manufacturing of this sofa. I stuck through and figured the sofa needed to be broken in a bit. Recently, this issue has gotten progressively worse and the set sinks in causing uncomfort and back pain.

Since I purchased the “protection” plan, I tried making a claim and was told since I stated that the sofa has always sounded weak and unstable, that this issue backdates to delivery and my claim is DENIED because apparently you have 15 days to make a claim on a 5 year warrant service.. 15 days, so sorry if you have a job, kids, and other responsibilities. If you don’t remember to file a claim within 15 days, you’re SOL. Sounds like a scam to me, but who am I. I will NEVER again purchase ANYTHING from Value City and will be escalating this to the BBB and posting several other reviews.

Value City Furniture Company Information