Ultimate Electronics

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a dryer two years ago and wanted to use the warranty because it was for 5 years. Now that I called the phone number given at that time, they said that I need the name of the insurance. I really do not have any other paper from them, just the receipt and the information about the warranty with a phone number. Does anyone know what the name of the insurance that is under the warranty of my dryer? I will appreciate it.

I purchased an extended warranty for close to $500.00 on my Samsung 6000 series TV from Ultimate Electronics. I might as well just add that amount to my purchase price because the warranty has absolutely no value.

Approximately twelve years ago, I purchased a cheap home theatre and console from Ultimate on an interest free account. I did not get it all paid off by the time the account was up. And I have been paying on it ever since, once it was turned over to GECAF. The balance is still more than the total original account amount. How many thousands of dollars do I have to pay? Like I said, I have already paid way more than what I originally purchased. You are nothing but thieves and I do not understand how you can get away with this. You find someone that is afraid of being sued and take advantage.

I purchased a five-year extended warranty plan through Ultimate Electronics on a washer and dryer set purchased in August 2008. I am unable to locate bearer of insurance in order to report a repair required on washer.

If you have any information on who carries these responsibilities, please advise.

I purchased a Samsung 50" plasma TV on 2/15/08. The TV is only two and half years old and has stopped working for the second time. The screens is black and it will not come on anymore. I purchased what I though would be a TV that would give many years of service. The purchase price was $1,899.94 plus tax. At this rate, I will end up paying more in the repairs than the cost of the television. I would hope that Samsung is an honorable company willing to stand behind their product and provide me with some type of concession to repair or replace my television.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ultimate Electronics?

I purchased a refrigerator 2 weeks ago and every time we are scheduled for delivery, they fail to deliver. We did finally get the refrigerator, but did not accept due to the many dents, scratches and problems. Were even told by the delivery person, he would not recommend accepting the merchandise in this condition.

In June of 2009, I bought a JVC recorder. I loved it but it lasted around 11 months & died. They couldn't replace it with another JVC so they gave me one they said would work. There was no place to plug in my antenna so I took it back and they gave me a Panasonic recorder. They said was just like the JVC.

I got it hooked up to find that it wouldn't record on tape (like the JVC) but would only record for 2 hours on disc. I paid $251.06 for the JVC (including tax). I couldn't use the Panasonic so I went to Best Buy and told them what I wanted, and lo and behold, they sold me a recorder that does what I wanted and it only cost me another $263.52 (including tax). Either the above store doesn't care or they don't know their merchandise. I don't want the Panasonic and probably will return it to the above store.

I bought a WD73727 Mitsubishi 3 years ago. We had warranty for 3 years bulb replacement coverage. Note we went through 5 bulbs in three years; the warranty only covers 3 bulbs? Now the TV is flickering with black and with picture with purple color? Reset the TV ok for an hour then acts up again. The company we bought the TV said, “The WD73727 we bought for $6000.00 is the best TV and has no problems?” I think we got shafted in the store and price and bulb replacement, now the set is going, $6000.00 down the drain called Mitsubishi they referred us to a local repair shop. Warranty expires May 2010.

I ordered a 42 Toshiba LCD TV from Ultimate Electronics on 2/8/09, and it still hasn't arrived nearly three weeks later. This is incredibly poor customer service, and I'll never buy from UE again.

I bought the 40 inch Panasonic and within one year the bulb went out, I called and it was not covered under the $500 warranty I bought for the TV. I have had the TV for six years now and have gone through 4 bulbs with the most recent purchase last month!

Well $300x4=$1200!!!!!!!!!

TV's are going for cheaper than that now!

On 6-13-03, I purchased a Panasonic TV, PT-45LC12, from Ultimate Electronics, with an extended warranty. Warranty supposedly cover the lamp. When lamp light said it was time to replace I returned to store, Nov. 10th 2005, for a replacement I was told the warranty DID NOT cover a replacement. They informed me I should have the new lamp on hand so that when lamp went out I would have a new one on hand. I then order a new lamp, which Ultimate did pick up half of the replacement price. They told me not to replace lamp until old one burnt out completely. Which is exactly what I did. I received a new lamp right away, but didn't replace old lamp with the new one till it burnt out and that was June 10th, 2006.

New lamp burnt out on March 2nd 2007, after about 300 hours. Because the purchase date is different than replacment date, they will not replace it under warranty. I feel I am being taken advantage of, as being new to these kind of TV sets, I did, exactly as instructed. I have a paper from Ultimate Electronics that states, DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS, KEEP AN EXTRA PANASONIC LAMP ON HAND. Paper, also, states that lamp has an expected life of up to 5000 hours.

We have called Ultimate Electronics and Panasonic Parts and they will not help me so have had to order a new one with the expense coming from me alone. Also, was without TV for two weeks.

on 10/08/03 order #0402-1683461 i purchase a warranty policy for the tv i bought that same day cost was $349.95 now i need a bulb at which time they said the warranty coverd this and now the company has been taken over by someone else in 2005 and the warrantech comp. said ultimate would have to take care of it well they said no.

i want my purchase price back as this was a misreprsention from the mgr at ultimate at the time when i bought the tv which cost $2949.95 50 lcd hit50v500.

In March 2002, we bought a 57in Sony Big Screen TV from Ultimate Electronics, in Tulsa, OK. We also purchased the 5 year extended warranty.

The 1st time the TV needed repair, we called the repair service department. This was on Oct 6, 2005. TV needed green CRT replaced. This repair was completed on Oct. 21, 2005. This repair took 15 days to complete.

The 2nd time the TV needed repair, we called the repair service department on March 9, 2006. I was informed that a dispatcher would have to call us after 24 hours to set up appointment for a service tech to look at TV.

On March 10, 2006, dispatcher called to say service tech would come out on March 15, 2006. Asked why it takes almost a full week before someone even comes out to look at TV. Was told that repair department is backed up.

On March 15, 2006, repair tech came out and looked at TV. TV needed both the red and blue CRTS replaced. He said he would go back to store and put in request for the parts to be ordered. He told me parts would take 7 to 10 days to get in. And then, the repair department would call to set up appointment for the repair.

On March 24, 2006, I called the repair department for a status on our TV repair. Was told that she would have to get with a warranty officer to see what is going on with our TV and to find out what Ultimate was going to do about the repair. I reminded her that we had purchased the extended warranty and that all the repairs should be under warranty. She advised me that the warranty company was under investigation. And that a note had been put on our account that the parts were no longer available.

I asked her to find out how Ultimate was going to resolve this issue. She assured me that she would call back before the end of the day.

On March 24, 2006, repair department called back. She said warranty company was under investigation. But that the Parts Department in Arizona had ordered the parts from somewhere else. Asked her what date parts were ordered on. Reply was March 22, 2006. I was advised that the parts would take 7 to 10 business days to come in. And then a dispatcher would call to set up appointment to schedule the repair.

I again advised her of how unhappy I was with their service. That Ultimate did not even have the courtesy to call to say there was a problem with the warranty department. Nor to advise me about the additional wait on ordering the parts from someone else.

On March 30, 2006, I called the repair department again. I was advised that they are now waiting on the warranty company to give approval for the repair. I was told they sent a report to the warranty company on March 24, 2006. This report listed the estimated charges for the repair to our TV. I asked why this approval was not requested back on March 15, 2006. Said she could only tell me the date it was done.

I asked who else I could speak with to get this expedited. I was told no one. But she could transfer me to guest services to voice my complaint. I asked her to transfer me. After being on hold for about 5 minutes, I was hung up on.

I, then, decided to go to Ultimate Electronics site to send an email to their Customer Service department. When you get to their site and click on the button for Customer Service, you get a page that says this does not exist.

Being persistent I clicked on button About Us. I was given several options, one being Contact us. I clicked on it and sent an email with all details about this needed TV repair. After it was sent, a message came up that said This will be forwarded to the appropriate person and answered in a timely manner (usually within a week)

How hard is it to respond to an email or to get someone to tell us when this repair will be expedited. I now understand why this company is having so many business problems. Their customer service is horrid. And it takes forever to get something resolved with them.

I will be telling all my relatives and friends about the lack of service we have received. I rather doubt that we will ever buy anything else from Ultimate. It is a shame as we have spent several thousands of dollars at their store.

I am a young looking 28 year old female with a very good salary. I dress business casual. I went into 2 different Ultimate Electronics stores at 5 different time between Jan 2002 and July 2002. No sales associate soke with me, offered me a drink or anything that they were doing for the male customers that came into the store before and after me. I was so ignored that i likey could have broken something and not have been noticed doing it.

I am beginning an editorial rtical on my TV purchasing experience

Ultimate Electronics Company Profile