2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

ulta.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Ulta Beauty Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I had ordered something thru the website at ulta.com and it was set to be delivered on 1/3/2020. I took the day off on 1/3 to be home to receive my package and my package was never delivered, even though the tracking showed that it had. I emailed Ulta on 1/3/2020 advising them that I had not received my package and an agent responded back on 1/3/2020 stating that my email had been forwarded to a supervisor and someone would reach out to me to get this resolved.

A Supervisor emailed me on 1/5/2020 stating that she would look into the matter and reach back out to me, well she never did even though I had emailed her back. I emailed Ulta again on 1/7/2020 and an agent responded same day stating that a Supervisor was handling my case. Well on 1/9/2020 another Supervisor emailed me stating that since my package was showing delivered, they were not going do anything for me. I am a paying customer and I don't understand how a company could do this. Now I'm stuck paying for merchandise I never received. This is not ok, I was the one having to reach out to the company and at the end they didn't do anything to resolve my issue.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

If I could give this company 0 stars I would! I have been a loyal customer for years and I’m shocked how they handled my situation. I placed a very large order roughly around $130 online. When I submitted payment I instantly realized that it was being shipped to my old address in California where I no longer live. I called customer service within 1 minute, sat on hold for 28 minutes to make sure I correct the shipping address to match my current billing address. The guy on the phone assured me that it will be corrected because I called within a 2 hour window. Later that night I received an email stating that they have already processed my order and it will be shipped to California vs Texas where I now live. I called them instantly explaining my situation that I don’t live in California anymore and all they said to me was that I need to update my address book online. Seriously?!

Backstory - 2 weeks earlier I placed over $250 in purchases online for my favorite things party gifts and that was shipped to my correct address. I then had to email them because clearly the guy on the phone that was helping me was reading off a script like a robot and couldn’t understand what I was saying to him.

After I emailed Ulta I received no email back. I had to email them 3 more times explaining that my package is going to the wrong house and that my products are going to be stolen. They didn’t care. All they replied was that I should have updated my address book. So because they refused to help me I tracked down the buyer of my home in California and asked her if she got my box from Ulta. Of course she said she didn’t receive it.

When I explained that the tracking on it said that it was received she then replied with let me look around my house. I told her if it wasn’t found to let me know because I have to file a police report that it was stolen and what do you know she found my open box at her house. Not shocked at all! Thief! She told me that she sent it back to Ulta by post office two weeks ago. I’m still waiting for my refund or anything to be done with my case. Clearly I’m out money but Ulta lost one hell of a loyal customer! I’ll be purchasing everything I need from Nordstrom from this point on.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have had issues multiple times but the last few weeks was the worst. I placed an online order that contained a free gift with purchase. The gift was valued at approx $65. I spent the required amount in order to get the free gift. When my order arrived the gift was missing and there was no explanation included. I initially chatted with an agent online who told me the gift item was no longer available and he could give me a $15 credit. I told him I had purchased products specifically to meet the requirement for the gift and if the system had indicated it was not available I would not have placed the order. I asked if I could go to a store and get the free product and was told that was not an option.

I asked if I returned the purchased items if I could get a 20% off coupon which I had used for the original order and was told he could not even offer that. The best he could do was $15 credit to replace a $65 bottle of eye cream I was supposed to receive. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told I would hear from one in 24-48 hours. During the following 2 week period I followed up multiple times and finally received a call from a supervisor more than 2 weeks after the initial complaint. All she could do was offer a $25 credit. As this is one of many issues I've had with Ulta, I would not recommend Ulta to anyone and I will not spend my money there again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I’m so angry. I ordered a gift card for my granddaughter and she never received. I am on social security and have very little money. They just claimed that it left their building so they can’t do anything. They should have some way to track. Now I can’t give my granddaughter anything for Christmas.???

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Never go to the Ulta at Town East Mesquite TX. The employees will loudly talk about the customer while standing at the door. The big ** stupid 6 foot beast and the big fat ** girl will talk bad about customer wondering if products have been replaced that is out. They had the nerve to belittle customers. I don’t mean to belittle them back but they are idiots!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Ulta does NOT have the customer service you’d expect from a large company. When I’ve needed them (even with Diamond status, they’ve never been able to help & are very unpleasant to talk to). Every time I’ve called, they’ve been unable to help (& rude about it at that). They do not enjoy what they do & are not sorry you’re having any difficulty with them, their site, or products they peddle. I asked to cancel an order accidentally placed for shipping when it should have been in-store pick up. I made the call within seconds, literally, when I’d realized what had happened (if the cart wouldn’t automatically change to shipping when you place another item in it instead of staying on your selection to pick up in-store, this wouldn’t have happened).

Anyway, even though I called within seconds, they were unable to cancel & can only “escalate” to cancellation team who is going to be back with you within 24-hours with a decision on whether or not they’ll “allow” you to cancel your order after they review it. No “cancellation team” ever got back to me. My order was processed & shipped a few hours later. What large corporations does not allow you to cancel an order! There should be a grace-period even if it’s 10 min, just for this reason. I see a lot of complaints. I had to reorder EVERYTHING for in-store pickup & tie up $148 on my credit card. The next call is about another in-store pickup.

On Christmas Eve, I placed an order with my 20% off coupon for in-store pickup. Today, I find out the item is out of stock. I call customer service to see if they’ll honor the 20% coupon on that palette & send it to me. The girl, in SC, was rude, condescending & obviously didn’t care. She could send me a code but it would be expired. Like, what the actual flip, right? You offered an expired code to be rude - no other reason. Then she lied & said I could go in-store & the store would be able to honor the coupon & send it to my house. That’s when I told her she was wrong & misleading & hung up & called the store - where they were much more helpful. They can honor the price with the coupon if the item is in-store but not online. So here’s to hoping it’s there when I pick up my items.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Be careful if you are ordering an item from this website that claims that it comes with a "free gift". I ordered a product that I would not normally have ordered. It was supposed to come with a "free gift". The order arrived, and the free gift was not there. When I emailed the company about this I was basically told that the free gift did not come with the order because “I did not order it” (in other words… I was supposed to add the free gift to my cart myself). This is not usually the way that free promotional items are handled, and nowhere on the product page does it state that in order to receive the free promotional item... I have to include it on my own order. I will update this review if there is more info.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have good credit and I decided to apply for the Ulta Mastercard and was approved for it for $2500. Months later after always paying on time the bank closed my card. I owed them $300 and paid it completely. I still don't know why they just closed my card. I have cards from other banks and with the exception of Paypal I have a 0 balance on all of them and I have 0 late payments history. I was so upset by it that I decided to closed the only other Comenity bank card Victoria's Secret and have nothing to do with them. The fact they closed my account lower my FICO score a few points and was really uncalled for. I wouldn't recommend anybody with 650-730 to have anything to do with them. Banks I recommend are Capital One, Synchrony Bank, Discover and Citi Bank.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I made an online purchase at about 240p. The guest check-out didn't have an opportunity to apply a coupon code (or not one I could immediately identify). There was no review page and the purchase immediately was processed. I asap cancelled the order via Ulta's webpage. I was informed they couldn't cancel the order because they work so hard to get the products out so quickly. *Baloney*! My shipping tracking shows I won't receive the product for nine calendar days, oh and they won't apply the coupon (even though it's 5 min after purchase). You need me, Ulta, I don't need you. It's just my $40-50 each month, but if you give crap customer service to other people that's going to add up and the only thing that distinguishes you from Sephora, Macy's, or even CVS is your customer service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’ve been at Ulta beauty member for years and I make the choice to spend my money and my purchases with this company. Recently I had ordered an item and it came with a free purchase extra. When I received my item I did not receive the extra free with purchase gift. I called and spoke to a customer service representative who was less than qualified of being a customer service rep and told me I would have a phone call in 24 hours which did not happen. I then sent an email to the company letting them know how unhappy I was not to have received the gift & if they could please send the missing item.

I had just received back an email today stating that I did not choose it and it was unfortunate and I’ll have other opportunities to get free with purchase items. It was not a choice when I made my purchase it popped up on the screen it did not ask me what color or what size or style. I am very disappointed and surprised as a platinum member that they were not Able to assist me with such a simple miss shipped item. What’s the purpose of us having levels of reaching, spending our money if we can’t get the service that we deserve and choose to spend our money online & in the store. Shoppers...I suggest that you look elsewhere and find a store that will support you with your product needs as well as a superb customer service as we all do deserve. Ulta does not seem to respect and assist their platinum members as well as all members.

Ulta Beauty Company Information