3.47/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

ulta.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

424 Ulta Beauty Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I purchase from Ulta a lot and it's been great. Recently, I had a problem and I didn't get my order. Wrote to Ulta and got a reply back from Adrian. I was given a pack of lies and was offered a refund. I agreed to the refund and now they won't answer my emails or give me my refund. They lie and steal from good customers. I had to contact my credit card company. They are despicable. Naturally, I will never order from them again, and will tell anyone who will listen just how deplorable they are.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My 14-year-old daughter was taken to Ulta's Salon (by her father) because she wanted to dye her hair purple prior to starting high school. She was originally quoted $120 for her hair. The stylist proceeded to perform additional services that were not discussed with my daughter or her father rendering my daughter shocked when her final bill came to $180. She was using her summer babysitting money to pay for the color service. Unfortunately, the nightmare didn't stop there. Due to the gross incompetence of the hairstylist, the purple that was put in her hair was streaky and inconsistent. In addition to the color not being applied properly, $180 bought her ALMOST 2 weeks of color before washing out to a horrible grey color. My daughter used all the correct protective measures to ensure her color lasted, but sadly it didn't.

Ulta reached out to me after leaving a Google review and I provided them all the information and the location of where she received "services" and was told that someone will contact me to resolve the issue. I have yet to be contacted regarding the hack-job that was done to my daughter's hair and still no resolution which speaks volumes regarding the company's integrity or lack thereof. Ultimately, the services that my daughter paid for were not rendered by Ulta and they have made no attempt to resolve the problem. If you are looking for a reputable company that is competent and has integrity you will want to look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Paid extra for expedited shipping. Website specified date for delivery. After I paid extra, I received email confirming order -- with a delivery date 3 days LATER than stated on website! Tried to resolve with Customer Service -- bad experience!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Like many of other customer experiences they are not giving refunds or resending items delivered to a wrong address. Never had this experience with any company that I have shopped with online. Thankfully, it was points. However I won’t be shopping with them anymore.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I recently placed an online order on 7/20/19. I needed to update my credit card expiration and CVV, which I did. My order ended up being shipped to my former address, I thInk the system defaulted to my old address when I updated my card info. I have had orders shipped to my current address, so when I checked out, I didn’t notice the incorrect address. I contacted customer service when I realized that my order had been delivered delivered to the wrong address. I spoke to two different people via email, (including a supervisor) and they both stated there was nothing they could do. I told them that this was unacceptable customer service. They said that the system would not let them resend the order.

I called customer service and spoke to a lovely woman in South Carolina. I explained my situation and she went to her supervisor to see what could be done. Same answer, nothing could be done and I would not receive a refund or another order to replace what I never got. I was a Sephora customer before, and will be again, forever. I’ll NEVER shop at Ulta again, and neither will my family and friends. I’m out $63, just thankful that I had not spent more! Worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I’m a Diamond member. I spend over 3k a year at Ulta. Noticed my diamond welcome gift code was due to expire on 8/7. Placed an online order for around $90. Added the code, it stated it was applied. Got my order summary and it had NOT been applied. Immediately emailed guest relations. They responded by telling me to “place another order”. Really Ulta?! Then when I wrote back I was ignored. Twice. Thank god for Sephora and Nordstrom beauty! If this is how they treat their “top tier” members I can only imagine how poorly they treat the rest.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am an Ulta Ultimate Rewards Diamond level member. Apparently there is someone else in my area with the same first and last name (same spelling as mine), different date of birth. I got an email with my points balance, and said, "Hey, I'll go get some Matrix shampoo and conditioner while the liters are on sale, and a new mascara." I used almost all of MY points that I earned (and can prove they're mine, since I save my receipts for everything). I'm out to dinner that night and get a call from a police officer that this other person with the same name is claiming I stole her ID and they're her points, blah blah blah, The police officer said it was a civil matter and that Ulta will have to sort it out.

I call Ulta the next day and they said, "Oh well. We need to know whose points are whose, even though the only account we can find is the one with your email, your name and address, your phone number, but her date of birth (I'm a fall birthday, she is not). I asked them how this could happen, and was told it is a computer glitch on their end, and that if their system sees two accounts with the same name, it will combine them. I then explained that I had a police officer call me about the mess and was told that it was now with their fraud department. I said, "Great, transfer me to them, please." I was informed I am not allowed to speak with them, as they will not talk to the consumer. I said, "OK, how long will this investigation take, and can I provide all my receipts to show what is mine." Again, no. They will take their own time, don't want proof of what's what and in the meantime, I cannot use my account at all.

The agent went as far as to say, "Oh make a new account so it doesn't get mixed up." I asked if my points would be moved to that account, was told No. So, now they have my account mixed up with someone with my same name (same spelling), are holding 4,000 points hostage, will not address me from the loss prevention department and will not give me a time frame of how long they are going to take to work through this. The agent also said this has happened a lot with their computer system. After all this, I'm so fed up with Ulta and their **. I am obtaining a lawyer because this screams fraud on their part all around.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am an avid online shopper but I will NEVER order online from Ulta again. I made a purchase using my Apple Pay Cash for an order of $118. However, as soon as I completed the purchase and the website showed me my confirmation, the receipt had the wrong shipping address AND the payment method listed was my Discover Card (which is in no way attached to my Apple Pay Cash). IMMEDIATELY after I placed the order, I contacted Ulta. I was informed that there was "no way" to cancel the order because my order had already been processed. My order was processed, packaged and given to the delivery company in less than 2 minutes after I completed check out????

I was then told that I needed to contact the delivery company and change the address that way but told NOT to call them, only send them an email. Then I asked what would happen if I am unable to change the shipping address - I was told that if the package is returned to sender (Ulta) they would refund my money. Well what happens if the package is delivered to the wrong address after all and not returned to Ulta? Well tough luck. I spoke to four different individuals at Ulta regarding this incident and not a single one was helpful. I was a Sephora shopper that converted to Ulta but you can BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR that I will NEVER shop here again after this. NEVER, EVER, EVER (!!!!) SHOP ONLINE WITH ULTA.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Ulta had a item for hair advertised at a good price, I went in as soon as they opened. Had to ask someone because it was not on shelf. When they came back she stated, "We have not had that item in." Did not receive it so she never put sign up. Very disappointed!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I accidentally shipped the order to my previous address and immediately contacted Ulta for help to change the order. I was informed by Customer Service that they could do nothing to help me and to contact the shipper once the item had shipped. The shipper, OnTrac was extremely helpful, but Ulta refused to change the address. When I contacted them I was told, "Oh, I can't call anyone, but I can have my superiors give you a call in 24-28 hours." Several days later, I had never received a call, and finally received an email simply stating that they were unwilling to change the address and I would need to contact the sender to have them send it back to Ulta. I cannot believe how lazy this company is and how unwilling they are to help customers!

Ulta Beauty Company Information