2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

ulta.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Ulta Beauty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I placed my first online order via Ulta, a couple of days ago. The shipping was super fast and I received it w/in 3 days! Unfortunately when I received my order, my hair product had a broken cap and appeared to have been used, as the can/bottle had chips in the paint and the cap was broken off w/ no seal. I sent Ulta an email about this and asked that they replace the product, as I paid good money for what I ordered and need to be able to travel with the product (no cap, doesn't allow for that).

I got an automated reply that I would receive a response w/in 48 hrs. Literally, within 5 min. of me sending my email, I received an email stating that a new product and shipment was already processed and would be shipping out to me any time now. Amazing! Such immediate, great customer service! I expected to send my damaged product back to them, but they did not even ask me to do that. Thank you Ulta! I will most definitely place an online order from you again, and will continue to shop in-store as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Ulta carries a large amount of different brands of cosmetics and beauty tools. They also have an extensive stock of perfumes as well. Their supply varies from inexpensive cosmetics to your higher-end supplies that you'd normally have to go to a department store to purchase. They also will give you a refund if you find that your purchase isn't to your liking. Their selection on hair tools is amongst the best around. Ulta offers a full-service hair salon in the back of the stores. About the only dislike I have is not being able to use their coupons on selected items. Overall, Ulta is near perfect!

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I was immediately greeted upon entering my local Ulta, and grabbed a shopping bag. As I walked past the perfumes another employee asked if I needed assistance. I told her I was looking for a mascara that isn’t waterproof and easy to wash off, but doesn’t transfer of smear below the eye. She pointed me in the direction of three different brands she recommended and even offered to let me try them on. I didn’t, but I ended up buying one of the brands she recommended. I picked up a few more items and went through the checkout, which was friendly and efficient. All in all, a great experience with knowledgeable staff, quality brands and products, and efficient and friendly service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I shopped at the Ulta Store in Valley Ranch Towne Center in New Caney Texas on the third week of October 2019. Upon entering the store there were display tables with tempting ideas of boxed cosmetics of all sizes that would be so perfect for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. I was pleased that these were merchandised at the front of the store as it is considered by some to be early to shop but I was quite pleased that these ready made engaging gifts were right there enjoy and to cover some bases early in the season while the selection was fresh. The entire store was clean and so very well organized. Anything I was shopping for was clearly identified.

I was happy to see samples of product to try as many times looks are deceiving as to how happy one might be with a certain product. The act of being able to try a product is so helpful in ultimately making the best decision. I enjoyed all the displays and choices as I made myself at home in the environment. A helpful salesperson who was described to me as the eyebrow expert helped me find in a jiffy exactly what I needed and in fact I bought 2! The wait at the sales counter was fast and easy, in fact, I opened a charge card with the cashier. All in all the experience was smooth and enjoyable. I will be back to Ulta for my cosmetic needs.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Ulta Beauty has a wide variety of quality brands and products in different price ranges. They really have something for everyone at every price point and they have high standards for the products and brands that they feature in their stores and on their website, including their own house brands. They also frequently host sale days on their websites for even better deals on the products they carry. Ulta stores are chic and modern with helpful, friendly employees and samples to try. Online customer service is fast and helpful and their website is easy to navigate with good shipping rates and reasonably fast delivery. You can earn points for shopping at Ulta to use toward future purchases. Overall, it is a good experience whether in store or online for shopping for beauty products.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I placed a (large and expensive) order on 7/21 for my wedding on 7/31 and the "estimated delivery date" was 7/24 at the time of ordering (there was no option for expedited shipping). I received an e-mail on 7/22 that the item shipped, but as of 7/24 (the original "delivery date") UPS still said they had not received the item. When I talked to Ulta's customer service via chat, after telling me they don't know when it will arrive and blaming it on UPS, they told me that I had to wait until 7/31 for the order. (Where did the magic date come from if they didn't know?) Since that is my wedding date and therefore makes the order useless to me, I asked to cancel.

They claimed could not cancel the order because it had "Shipped" (even though it was not given to UPS yet). I asked about several solutions that would make the situation better, but got nothing other than "look online at our shipping policy" and "the stores wouldn't be able to help you". When I asked if there was anyone who could actually help me, the chat person said no supervisor was available for a few DAYS. They also claimed I would receive a transcript of the chat, which I didn't. Luckily, I had learned my lesson from this order and saved all of the screenshots! I will be returning all of the items if/when they finally do arrive and in the meantime, I will be scrambling to find everything I need from other, more customer oriented businesses.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I am a platinum member and started shopping here in 2012. I have never said I did not receive a package. I have cameras around my house and work from home. I did not receive one of my packages. Guest services says there’s nothing they can do.

Original review: July 7, 2020

First time shopping with Ulta and the last one. Horrible experience. I got a 200$ gift card from my bank reward program and I bought 230$ worth of product from them. My order never arrived! They shipped the package with some small delivery company I never heard of. After hours on the phone with customer service they tell me the package was left in the mailbox room according to the delivery company.

I live in an apartment complex, hundreds of people pass by the mailbox room every day. And what's worse is that the mailbox room is not even locked from the outside, anyone walking on the street can just come in and take anything they want. Why would you leave 200$+ worth of product there? Why not deliver it to my door like every other company does? Oh, I know why! because it takes less time and you can pay your workers less. Customer service tells me they can't refund me because of the high amount and they need to escalate it to their managers. A week goes by, I call them again. They apologize and tell me they are very busy and to keep waiting.

A month later the manager, "Carla" finally emails me. She tells me she won't refund it because they have a "signature on file". Excuse me? Whose signature you have? Cause it ain't mine! And I thought you said they left the package in the mailbox room. So which one is it? And why are/were you lying. Unbelievable. Customer service employees I spoke on the phone were really nice and they were genuinely trying to help me, but the management and the company doesn't care about the customers. Don't shop with this company unless you want to get scammed. I have been shopping almost exclusively online for the past 10 years and I never have something like this happen. I will stick with Sephora, at least they deliver my stuff to my doorstep...

Original review: July 2, 2020

I have been a customer of Ulta since July of 2011. In August 2018 I moved and updated my home and shipping address online. In January 2020 I also called their customer service because I wasn't receiving their catalogs for some reason. I made sure they had my correct address and the rep said yes we have the correct address and your old address has been removed. On April 3, 2020 I paced an order totaling $102.34 from their website. I received notification that my package was delivered I checked around my home and no package. I contacted ULTA and was told it was delivered to my old address and that they would get back to me. 3 days later I called them again and was told that they will not re ship or refund me because it was my fault. I used my Ulta credit card for the purchase and explained what happened. They told me they will look into the matter and get back to me.

Ulta credit card sent me a notice that they will be crediting me the $102.34 because their investigation said that I was not at fault. I tried to place another order online from Ulta in May 2020 and for some reason my order would not go through. I contacted Ulta credit card and they said there was nothing wrong on their end so I called Ulta Guest Services. I was told that my account was labeled as fraud. I explained the situation again. Then I received an email for "Lisa" from Guest Services saying that she is the highest level that I will get to and that I can no longer shop online but can shop in their stores. Very Poor customer services skills. Not one of the 10 guest service representatives could figure out why their website is pulling up my old address instead they said "it's you not us".

Original review: July 1, 2020

I ordered 8 different products and paid for 2 day air expedited shipping. It took 3 business days before my products were even shipped and 5 FULL Business days from my order date and still nothing had arrived. I contacted their customer service to request a refund on the shipping cost since they Failed to uphold their end on processing the order and was told that it could take up to 5 business days on any order being fulfilled, the option for expedited shipping is just a formality. I’ve never had a company basically tell me even if you pay for shipping, you’ll get your stuff when it gets there... I will never order from here again. I’d give them Zero stars but that’s not an option.

Ulta Beauty Company Information