ulta.com

3.9/5 (854 ratings)

About Ulta Beauty

Ulta Beauty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I tried to exchange something and at first they said they could do it for the lowest amount. They sold it for since I did not have a receipt. I said that was fine, the manager then jumped in and told me she wouldn’t do anything. Then I tried to buy something using a coupon I had been emailed and the cashier said the coupon was not pulling up. She read the rules as did I and there was nothing in rules that said what I was buying would not qualify, yet she said since for some reason the coupon was not automatically happening she could not do anything. What a waste. It was only a $5 coupon so not a big deal but I left didn’t buy anything.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I was told on Oct 29 returns would be honored through Jan for items for Christmas. When I went to return a 630 dollar Dyson, a gift for my daughter, because it doesn't work, I was told I can only get store credit. Had I been told the truth at time of purchase, I would have ordered through Amazon or Sephora. Although I have shopped here for years, I will no longer shop at a store with zero regard for customer service.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

My in store experience tonight was horrible. I’ve always loved this store and I spend thousands every year in Ulta but after tonight I may never shop there again. I was followed by the security guard and she had me approached by a store clerk to take my merchandise out of my hands. I’m a home health nurse and was wearing scrubs and very expensive Tiffany glasses. I wasn’t doing anything to warrant that kind of treatment. I had very expensive Burberry cologne on hold that I was buying for my son also. I spent over $300 in that store tonight alone. During a recession is this how they want to treat their good paying customers? Seriously. I am so upset and offended that I’m going to be writing reviews on every site and making phone calls and complaints until that security guard is fired. I was simply buying stocking stuffers? I’m so mad I could spit nails.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

I’ve been a frequent shopper and adoring fan of Ulta Beauty since freshman year of high school. Now at 33, I’ve continued to shop there with the same frequency and have acquired a store cc card and a couple hundred dollars away from their highest, “Diamond” tier. With that being said, after the unfortunate experience I had at an Ulta in Seaside, CA Mon. 12/5 - I will no longer be a patron at any of their locations.

I understand mistakes happen, what I don't understand is the complete lack of accountability. To make a long story short, a friend and I had initially gone to Ulta with the intention to switch out a foundation I had purchased a couple of weeks prior. We ended up looking around, doing some lipstick swatches, asking the store associates for assistance, as well as engaging in casual, friendly conversation.

About 30 min. upon our arrival, 2 police officers entered the store. I didn’t think much of it, until the Sargent called me over. My friend and I were accused of stealing. Ulta's manager insisted that they had video surveillance of my friend and I shoplifting merchandise. I insisted for the officers to go through my bag, I pulled up my sleeves to show I had nothing to hide and urged them to go and watch the surveillance video. I’m not sure how long my friend and I were made to wait, an hour, maybe 2, just completely mortified, as we stood there accompanied by a police officer while fellow patrons walked by.

There was no video surveillance of us stealing, because we didn’t. We were finally, apologetically let go by the police, but received not even so much as an apology from Ulta’s staff. Additionally, the manager had the officers relay to us that she had decided to deny us service and was asking us to leave the store - I wasn’t even able to complete the transaction we had initially came in there for - for no actual reason. My friend and I were shocked. We left and, needless to say, will not be returning to any of Ulta’s locations indefinitely.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I reached out less than hours after I put an order in to see if I could delete it and they said nope.. They said just refuse delivery. Uhh, I work. I won’t be home to dent the delivery! Don’t order from them ever!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I am mad at Ulta. I ordered some stuff only received 1 item and they can't help me like what happened to the 10 items that are missing. They basically said it's not their problem. I used to love Ulta but I guess this was my sign to stop spending money there.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

If I could give no stars I would! I have never been treated so poorly in a retail establishment as I was by Ashley **, manager of the New Hartford, NY Ulta. She was extremely rude to me. I went in to that location yesterday with my young children to buy a few things. I purchased them, went to my car, and realized that I had forgotten to use my 20% off coupon. I went back into the store and nicely asked if it was possible to apply it to my order. The employee was unsure and asked the manager Ashley who was standing there on her phone, if I could. With the most disgusting look on her face, Ashley proceeded to say extremely rudely that I needed to get the items if I wanted a discount and that they were closing in ten minutes, acting like my request was the biggest inconvenience.

The four other employees were standing with shocked looks on their faces because she was so rude to me, so I went back to my car to grab the items with my two young children even though she clearly could have applied the 20% off to my receipt without making me carry my my children back to the car. After I returned to the store, a very sweet employee helped me and applied the 20 percent off to my order. This employee and the three other employees apologized on behalf of their manager Ashley and said they had never seen anyone be treated like that in the store. I asked to speak to the manager Ashley and she came to the front. I asked her why she thought it was okay to treat me like that, and she said she had no idea what I was talking about in the rudest tone. I will never go to that Ulta again. I’m shocked that Ulta would allow a manager like her to be there and treat consumers so poorly.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Ordered 200.00 worth of products. Box came to the door without the tape on the box, most of the items were missing. I called customer service 2 times and it’s under review. It’s been a month. They have not returned my calls or emailed me. Clearly it was not taped correctly properly prior to shipping.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I wanted to get my friend a specific makeup gift for her wedding, but only learned about it a few days before. Ulta Beauty online was the only site carrying this specific makeup item. I went to their website on Wednesday, Oct 19 and was hoping to get the item by the wedding on Friday. The website offered “Premium” shipping for $19.95. When I selected this option the website said “Get it by Thursday, Oct 20”. I hate paying for shipping, but this gift was perfect for my friend, so I was willing to pay the extra money to get it in time. After I placed the order, I received a confirmation email that informed me “your order should arrive within 3 to 8 business days”. I thought surely this must be a blanket statement that they make on all confirmation emails and could not apply to my order since I paid an extra $20 for a fast shipment. When I checked their website shipping policy, it stated that premium shipping meant “deliver within 2 to 3 business days”.

I also read that “To serve you better, ulta.com will begin to process your order immediately after you click the SUBMIT ORDER button. Because our system processes orders immediately, we are unable to change or cancel an order once it is submitted”. Great…. I still kept hope that the order would make it in time. Thursday passed by with no arrival of my package. Friday came with a shipment notification from Ulta and a tracking number - my package was received in Fenton, MO as of Thursday night. Great news because it only needed to travel 20 minutes to get to my location. Surely, with it being a rush order and $20 of my money for shipping alone, I would receive it Friday morning in time for the wedding. I was wrong. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday passed with no order received.

I decided to reach out to customer service Monday evening to ask for my money back, considering I had not “Got it by Thursday”. I was told premium shipping delivers in 2-3 business days, and then given an explanation of what “business days” means. Thanks. Tuesday passed, no package. I reached back out again to ask for my money back, and was told that the shipping fee could be refunded, but not the cost of the makeup until 8 business days after not receiving the order. The order finally showed up after I also reached out to the shipping company. I’m disappointed by the deception of Ulta’s website. I understand that shipping is never guaranteed, but they should not advertise a next day delivery when their fine print reveals they have no intention of meeting that date.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

STRIVECTIN. Double Fix for Lips Plumping by Ulta, very good product, does reduce and plump the lips and the adjacent sides of the lips for wrinkles. Nice product, would highly recommend. I'm going for the eye cream now it must be excellent.

Ulta Beauty Company Information