Ulta Beauty

ulta.com

Compare Makeup Brands

Research top Makeup Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I really used to love this store. However I went recently to Ulta (Wellington @ State Rd 7) and I am not going to come back ever again due the lack of professionalism of one of the skinny Latino/American employee in the Pür Minerals cosmetics (area). First of all he speaks very fast and he did not give me time to understand the products he was applying on my face. Second I did not like the way he applied the trial makeup on my face, I understand he is very indelicate and I felt I was treated as unvalue person. Finally after gave me an unpleasant demonstration products (very rude way applying makeup on my face), I decided to see the products in the Pür Mineral cosmetics by myself because I don't have complaint about the products.

However the Ulta employee came back to the Pür Minerals aisle and told me to leave from the aisle if I was not going to buy any product because I was wasting his time (literally he kicked me out). Sincerely, I was going to buy a product but due his behavior I decided to buy it online (Amazon) because there is not way I am going to return or buy online in this store. It is a shame that Ulta store have this kind of unprofessional employee, I really recommend the managers to training their employee to improve the way they should treat their customers. I have not done reviews in my life but I want to let the store that they need to improve their employees.

I purchased some items online and thought it would be easier to send them back rather than go find the store in my city since I am not that familiar with where the Ulta is located. I bought the items in March. I paid $9.00 to send them back. They were received in the warehouse on March 22. I didn't know this until I called repeatedly since there is virtually no communication from customer service. I was told it would take about 5-7 days for my money to be refunded. It's May 6 and I still don't have my refund. I have to call or write repeatedly and every single time, I get a different story from a different person.

I have NEVER experienced such horrible customer service, nor had such a difficult time getting a refund. I will NOT ever being going back to Ulta for any reason. There is absolutely no excuse. I have returned other items to other stores, they notify me that my item has been scanned into UPS or FedEx, they notify me when they receive the package, they notify me that they have processed my refund. So really, it shouldn't be this hard to get my money back. Oh, and if you look at my account online - it doesn't even show that I initiated a return or that they received it. Buyer beware! My next step is to talk to my credit card company and file a claim against Ulta.

I normally don't always go to Ulta. Sephora and bhcosmetics.com are my go to places for makeup purchases. Once in a while I would visit Ulta, and I have bought things there. But I DO NOT like how using coupons is a hassle, and the snootiness of the employees who work there. This situation with coupons has happened to me twice now.

Since I became a rewards member, they'd send me magazines with a coupon on the back, but I would never use them. The first time it happened was a few months ago. It was when I needed some body wash. I decided to visit Ulta since they had my favorite African Black Soap body wash by Shea Moisture. For this trip to Ulta, I decided I would use one of the coupons they sent me to get 3.50 off my purchase. Once arriving to Ulta, I picked up my body wash, and a few other items so it would equal to $15 (since you need to spend $15 or more to get the 3.50 off), but when I went to check out, the girl at the register would not let me use the coupon because I was short one penny. ONE entire penny, and she still wouldn't let me use the coupon.

The second time it happened, it was with a 5.00 off coupon but I could only use it on ULTA'S products. I picked up some Ulta eyebrow tint, and a bottle of Ulta body wash. Went to check out, and was told that I could NOT use this coupon because it was only for "beauty products". Now, I made sure to read the fine print, and I thought body wash and eyebrow tint were beauty products? Something else about this, both times I had this happen to me, I had the SAME girl checking me out at the cash register! And not only did she turn down my coupons, but BOTH of those times she acted like she didn't even want me to use the coupons. She had an attitude each time asking, "What is that?" when I presented them to her.

Despite my frustration, I didn't want to get into an argument at the cash register, so I just made my purchases and left. I don't hate Ulta, and I tried to give them a chance, but shopping there has been such a hassle for me lately. If other people love shopping there and have had a good experience each time, then that's great for them, but I will not be shopping at Ulta anymore. I'm sticking with Sephora like always. I don't have time for Ulta, or their employees, and they will not be getting anymore of my hard-earned money.

Don't shop Ulta!! Do not buy anything you may need to return as they will not even exchange my over $50 hairdryer that was a true fire hazard. 30 mins on customer service line and all they could say is, "Sorry." They did offer $1.73 if I wanted to buy a new one! Another customer was offered 2 pennies for a return of her shampoo!! Poor service not to stand by what you sell!

Shopped at Ulta on March 31 after work with the intention of purchasing under eye concealer. Well, per usual, as I walked around, I picked up more than just the concealer... among the items was IT "Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF50+". The total bill was approximately $120. I returned to the same store on Saturday, April 1 to exchange the concealer for one that covered better. While there I realized the pressed IT Perfecting Powder was on sale for $18. I asked the team member at the register if I could get the difference explaining I was here 12 hours prior. I wasn't aware there was going to be a sale, I had the receipt. She said it couldn't be done. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager came quickly and indicated that the difference couldn't be given without the product in hand.

My husband was with me and we both looked at each other thinking I had the receipt. She said that I really should have known that the product was going to be on sale because I received a brochure in the mail (how she knew that, I'm not sure) and she walked off as I was starting to speak. Stunned, I turned to my husband and was just shocked at her abruptness, at feeling like 1. Being blamed for not knowing there was a sale and 2. In order to get the difference in cost, I would need to drive 20 minutes to my house and back again to show the product (when I had the receipt in hand). I stood there ready to make the exchange (the original purpose for being there) when their team member at the register said that it would be very difficult for the workers to know all the sales that were going on.

On the ride back 20 minutes away, my husband was as flabbergasted as I was. We decided that since my money, my time, my thoughts, my feelings, all, just didn't matter. 1. My money means nothing. I should know what is on sale when... not for a person who works at the store -- they shouldn't be given the responsibility of knowing when an item is on sale. 2. My time, my feelings, I would have to drive 40 minutes in order to get the difference of what totals $20. During the ride we decided I would return all the products. We drove the 40 minutes back and forth. The manager nor the original team member was not around for us to speak with again. We wanted to tell them that we were returning all the product because of their callousness. I returned all the products with the girl indicating it would take approximately 3-5 days for the refund to go through on my debit card.

April 11: I still hadn't received my refund. I called 'Guest Services'. During that phone call, I was told that a refund could take 8 days but that she will escalate this. She ended it by saying that she would email me and if she doesn't email me, I could call back. April 12: No email. I called 'Guest Services'. This time I was told that Ulta could send me a check and I could receive it in (2) weeks. (This would get me to 4 weeks waiting for my own money). Hearing that I could potentially wait another (2) weeks I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was connected to Stevie **. He indicated that he would escalate the incident and he would be emailing me the status. He was very nice.

April 13: No call. No email. No refund. I call 'Guest Services' and immediately ask to speak with Stevie **. He indicated he was just going to be calling me. He has escalated the issue. It occurred to me to ask what "escalating" means. But I received no timing, nothing. Feeling like abused, I told him that I was not getting off the phone until he gave me some answers... all I wanted to know was when will I get MY money? I never got the answer. I knew he was unable to tell me certain things. I asked him to let me speak with someone above him. He indicated that he couldn't.

At the end of this conversation, he indicated that he would be working overtime - until 7 PM (CST) and that he was going to work on this situation. I told him that I was going to be calling back, he said no problem. I call him at 5 PM (EST) and I was told he had left for the day. I was fuming. Why am I getting the runaround? Why is everyone not telling the truth? I couldn't believe it and I was so angry. My husband started to make calls and he too got the runaround.

April 15: Received a call from Mia. She indicated that she was going to assist in the situation. I started with the fact that it was very hard for me to believe anyone from Ulta at this point. Mia went into an angry/scolding tone indicating that I was not allowing her to help me. At this point I had had it with Ulta telling me how to act and making me jump through hoops to get my own money. From what she indicated Ulta processes checks on Mondays and sends them out on Tuesdays. In all the calls I made no one had told me that. She said that she would be overnighting the check and would call me Tuesday, April 18, with the tracking information. April 18: No call from Mia.

I called Ulta 'Guest Services' and was rudely spoken to - again. I asked the status of my situation, she indicated that I needed to call my bank to find out the status of my refund. I then asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that there would be no point, that the supervisor would just be reiterating what she said. Her exact words were, "If you would like to hear the supervisor reiterate what I just told you, of course I will find one." WOW. Maybe 5-10 minutes later, George gets on the phone. He indicated that I was to receive a check. He placed me on a brief hold to contact Mia. He came back and said that Mia was going to be calling me as Chicago is 2 hours behind. April 19: Never received the call from Mia. I did receive an email with a tracking number.

I will never shop at Ulta again. I would love to speak with Corporate. I have never felt so demeaned in all of my life. I was brought up in a very old-fashioned world where CUSTOMERS actually mattered. Where even if the customer is wrong, there would be an apology. There would be the sense of feeling like the customer was treated great. After all isn't it my money that keeps Ulta open? I felt like I was lied to; made to jump through hoops of fire to get my money back; made to feel shame for asking for something that I would think is natural. My blood pressure rises every time I think of this.

I will NEVER GO BACK TO ULTA. I doubt my miserly dollars will make a difference but right now I don't care, I just can't imagine the treatment I received for purchasing a product not on sale. I like Stew Leonard's rock they have in front entrance of the store: Rules: #1. The customer is always right. #2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1. Too bad more businesses aren't this way. I hate being made to feel like companies are doing me a favor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

I LOVE cosmetics. I often buy things that I knowingly will rarely use. I'm not afraid to spend my money on these products. Since I've learned so much about them over the years, I'm happy to pass my experiences, and often my purchases, along to my friends and co-workers. Good customer service is a make or break deal for me. I will drive out of my way to go to a store (of any type) in which I receive good customer service. Conversely, I will withdraw my patronage to a nearby store for poor customer service. I'll also tell anyone I can about both good and bad customer service. Hence, this review.

I purchase most of my cosmetic items at Sephora, but occasionally at Ulta, since my nearest Sephora is a smaller location inside JCPenney. I purchased one line of products and experienced TWO quality issues. I went back to the Ulta location (on 441 in Wellington, FL) to advise the store, and to exchange the damaged products. The first associate was skeptical about my complaints but still called the manager over. That manager could not have cared less that the products my hard-earned money purchased from them were defective in any way. Since I'd purchased so many items over the past couple of years, I had a nice little rewards bank saved (too bad, their rewards program is so much better than Sephora's). I used that bank to get practically free replacement items, then advised I'd take my concerns to Ulta's corporate office.

Unfortunately, their corporate office had an attitude much like the store manager's. They too could not have cared less about my experience, the attitude of their manager/employees, or of my defective products. It then became obvious that the attitudes of the store employees directly reflected that of their corporate office. If you've had a good experience with Ulta, good for you. But I will never shop at any Ulta again and have told my friends, family and co-workers not to shop at Ulta. I get much better service, and the employees are a lot more knowledgeable at Sephora.

Is this going to cause a great financial hit to Ulta and have any effect on their bottom line? I seriously doubt it. But at least now I have the forum to speak, and if the time ever does come that the bottom line drops, perhaps they will look into the reasons why, and see that they probably lost some potentially loyal customers just by being jerks.

Long story short, I became a makeup enthusiast after an Ulta store opening up in my town. I spent over $2000 last year and I loved the variety of higher end makeup available and also the fact that I could purchase drugstores brands there as well. Well at first I didn't think much it, but they NEVER had the free gifts with purchase in stock nor the platinum member perks free items I would get offers for in emails. I was able to just go online and make a purchase there to receive my free gift or gift with purchase.

Well a year and a half later I've come to realize this is always the issue, they never have anything in stock. From products to free gifts, I'm just always told their shipment truck comes in on such and such day and to come back. As if that wasn't frustrating enough, now Ulta.com never has anything in stock online either!!! I will get an email for a product on sale or platinum perk free gift with purchase and go to try and place an order within a few hours of receiving the email it's already "temporarily out of stock!" Sad to say, but I probably won't be doing much more shopping at Ulta anymore, thankfully they opened a Sephora in my town just recently!

Had a very frustrating experience at Ulta Salon-va beach va-landstown commons-princess anne road location. Made appt for haircut and highlights for Saturday March 11. Went in, she proceeded to highlight my hair as we agreed based on pictures and discussion of shade of blonde I wanted. Being a natural dark blonde, I wrongly assumed this would be easy since I had never encountered a problem getting my hair to go light blonde. Fast forward, stylist mentions she is leaving at noon to go to her son's basketball game... Red flag... She finishes highlighting my hair, puts me under the dryer, checks it after 20 minutes and says it isn't what we were trying to accomplish and it's a very warm blonde instead of a natural blonde.

So basically my hair ended up being a yellowish, orangish brassy color. Her solution was to tone my hair to try to get closer to what I wanted but it didn't help at all. Knowing that she needed to leave soon to go to her son's game, she tells me to come back so we can do all of it all over again so I schedule an appt and pay my $201.00 bill which included haircut, highlights, and TONER!!! I paid $25 for the toner... Her attempt to fix my hair and I have to pay it! Are you kidding me? But this was just the beginning!

After having to live with this obnoxious yellow/orange hair for a week I went back and she highlights and tones again, so by this point my hair has undergone 4 harsh chemical processes in one week's time. She assures me my hair will be fine because she included some deep conditioning treatment with the bleach as she was highlighting. Wrong!!! Even though we were able to obtain the shade of blonde I wanted after 2 rounds, my hair ended up not looking highlighted at all and looked like I had solid light blonde color because of the 2 full rounds of highlights... Which completely defeated my purpose for doing this in the first place. My whole goal was to maintain a good part of my natural dark blond color to be accented by these highlights.

Now for the worst part after this second round of highlighting and toning she proceeds to print me out ANOTHER bill for $165.00!!! I nearly passed out from shock!!! She expected me to pay AGAIN!!!??? This would've made my total for the 2 times right under $400!!! Who in the heck does she think I am? I'm a stay at home Navy wife with kids... Did she really think we could afford the additional bill??? Not to mention the ridiculous amount of time I had to spend there a second time on top of driving to and from the salon, which is about 15 miles from my house!!! After I saw the bill I explained to her that I was under the impression I wasn't going to have to pay the second time since it was her attempt to fix what occurred after the first time, but she didn't see it like that.

She went into a back room and spoke to a manager and comes back out and says ok, we are just going to charge you $65 for the toner. Are you freaking kidding me? $65 for the toner? Then it was reduced down to $25 for the conditioning treatment I had no idea she had put in my hair. I told her I wasn't expecting to pay anything the second time and that my husband would die if he knew what I spent the first time. So she was like fine, I'll just void the ticket and answer to the manager. Making me feel like the bad guy because I didn't want to be out almost $400 for my hair! This was ridiculous and I will never step foot in an Ulta Salon. I would've been better off had I not gone in the first place because my hair is destroyed. It is literally like straw.

So I basically spent $221 (with tip) and about 7 hours of my life between driving back and forth and sitting in that chair for hours on end to have my hair ruined and not look anything like what I was going for. I would like some form of compensation for this god awful experience whether it be a gift card or point added to my rewards account because this was ridiculous and now I get to pay even more to buy high quality shampoo and conditioners that won't wreck my hair anymore than it already is!!!

I went into the Ulta in South Hill Puyallup, WA. Got a haircut and a balayage. The haircut was good but the balayage was horrible. My hair is chocolate brown and I wanted a lighter ashy brown, instead I got a reddish copper tone. I went back to get it "fixed" and now it's all dark... I didn't get the color I wanted and now it's unfixable.

Very bad. I have the promotion of 75.00 (for coloring, cut and comb) and the person who did told me that has 4 years of experience. But after he finished I have different spots of different colors in my head which says no experience at all and he didn't offered me any cut or anything. He didn't say a word. He could tell how disappointed I was but I didn't say anything because he say they were closing at 9 so he say "I can't iron your hair because it's late." But I pay 75.00 to ruin my hair.

On 3/3/17 my daughter went to the mall here in Cheyenne, Wyoming to her favorite store at the time (Ulta). She was on camera pulling her pants up in the back & was accused of stealing, she dropped her phone & was accused of throwing Ulta products when she thought she was being watched. The police were called & 3 officers approached her in the store and questioned her. They then accused her of stealing, said they saw on camera she put something in the back of her pants. She told them she was pulling up her pants in the back because she didn't want her bottom exposed when she bent over.

The police also told her she was seen throwing products down. She informed them she dropped her phone & she had no idea what they were even talking about & she told them she would never steal. They said they wanted to check her to make sure. Right there they frisked her whole body & found nothing. She told them she has spent hundreds of dollars on their products and enjoyed coming to see new makeup (peach) that she saw advertised. When I accompanied her on another trip to Ulta I was followed all over the store and the obviousness of the clerk following me was embarrassing and distracting while I was trying to shop.

I was so fed up with this that I informed the clerk at the register & promised I would never shop in Ulta again. I have never stolen and I am a 61 yr old woman. I am not impressed with the products once I saw the prices. I only use L'Oreal or Maybelline products. However, my soon to be 21 yr old daughter loved the store, the makeup and the online orders she made. She has spent many, many hundreds of dollars at Ulta, and I couldn't discourage her from shopping at Ulta.

There is a huge security contraption at the front door that will set off alarms if anything is stolen. Even with this as a deterrent for thieves the staff will still follow you around the store. She was banned from the store forever, & told if she dared to enter the store again she would be arrested. I am her mother and she called me crying & upset over this whole situation. Since I am her mother, some people will think, just because I am her mother I believe she wouldn't steal. Well, for those that think that, think again. I raised my kids to never steal & my husband is in law enforcement. Although, this is beside the point, my daughter is heartbroken, angry & embarrassed over this whole situation. She was not allowed to view this so-called camera view of her putting something in the back of her pants, or of her throwing articles away.

So with all of this, I am stating she was wrongly accused & embarrassed in front of the public in the store. She has never had a single problem with the law & was glad she could spend her own money to purchase what she wanted. What is this world coming to when a young woman innocently shops at a store & is accused of stealing, harassed & banned from a store? Ulta staff at this mall should be trained on an appropriate way to monitor for stealing & the accused should be given the opportunity to see whatever the camera shows. An apology is not enough for this situation & I think it is absolutely horrible what they did to my daughter.

I have shopped in their stores for years and have always been very happy. But I needed an item in a pinch and my local store was sold out so I purchased it online with expedited shipping and then discovered it was in stock at another store. I called within 10 minutes of placing my order to cancel it and even informed them that I was still purchasing with Ulta, just in person instead of online. They said that they just started doing cancellations about 4 months ago (what??) and that they could send a cancellation request and that there was only a 50/50 chance that it would be approved and that it would take 24 hours to hear back on whether or not it went through.

Considering I paid for expedited shipping it was highly likely that my order would process and ship before their cancellation "request" was even seen. They also said to just return the items if they were shipped. Well it's not the item cost I am concerned about, it's the no longer needed expedited shipping cost that cannot be refunded. Ulta is a major beauty retailer and I am highly disappointed in their online shopping experience and it will likely deter me from ever shopping there in the future whether in person or online. Such a shame because I really did enjoy shopping with them but until their customer service quality matches their product quality, I will not be back.

I have been a loyal Ulta customer for years and recently became an Ultamate Rewards Credit Card holder. Their rewards program is the best! Points translate to cash off your purchase and they add up fast. I am always satisfied with my experience shopping online and in store. I received a 20% off coupon email the day after I placed a large order. I emailed customer service expressing my dissatisfaction and was refunded the difference the following day. That's how great customer service is done!

I had a very very important event on February 14, 2017 that I was willing to double the amount of money I normally pay for my six week coloring to get my original coloring back to a light brown with blonde champagne highlights. My current hairdresser I used for a long time the last three times used the wrong formulation color card from a long time ago. I don't know if my original color card got lost I used for years got lost or what but the last three times my new color card of red and dark brown was used.

So rather than risking a chance I asked for the best colorist at Ulta. Said I had a picture and would thus be able to be accommodated. Well for well over double the cost yes. So I went because nearly every hairdresser I have been to can do this color for half the price. Well I admit I was worried when I saw she was ** but I thought well worst thing that would happen would be a bad style. Well I'm sure she was high on ** or something. She moved so fast it was beyond me.

Well normally because I have long hair I have gel and cotton put on my face to prevent dye from messing up my face. This did not happen. I ended up with burns so bad on my face I have pictures on my face. OMG. My hair is as black only a few strands of glittery gold come through. Washing is only making it worse. Turning it purple black red. Then it cost more than I was told. I tried to be as polite to her manager Courtney but all I got was this woman would start over and redo it. Over my dead body. Plus the salon is freezing. Nothing relaxing there. Worst most hateful experience I ever had.

She was going to send me home with wet hair because it took her so long. I said no way. So I waited about forty minutes to get my hair dried and styled. This is Minnesota. Most horrible experience of my life with hair. I could have went to a beautiful salon with a relaxing atmosphere and and non-drugged colorist. Disgusting. And then to get called back by her when I specifically send to the higher manager I did not want to talk to her I had pictures of all of this. Don't go there. Run. Run run.

At least three times at two different Ultas, they were out of the "free sample" with purchase. With the disclaimer - while supplies last. If Sephora carried the products, I would have purchased them at Sephora. The last time, I told the store manager, if you are out of the specific sample, I want a substitute. The staff was peeved, that I wanted replacements, but agreed since I said in line with customers behind me, "why are you always out of the samples?"

Then, they pulled out the samples and tried to pawn junk off on me. I said "that is junk, I do not want that sample. What else do you have?" They reluctantly pushed the junk away and gave me the good product samples. And I took three, as I got one for each purchase. They were visibly annoyed, that I was getting the good free samples. Next time, I am reporting them to my state Consumer Affairs department. This is not a coincidence. The store manager admitted that were out of the samples the prior week of a two week sale. So why didn't she order more?

I must have call Ulta guest services and corporate at last 25 times on this and they can't resolve the website issues. No matter what I do I can't place an order online. I've tried every type of payment method. I've tried creating a new account and also trying to check out as a guest and no matter what I do I can't place an order. Ulta has been my favorite store for a long time and I'm so disappointed. I called guest services last night to see why there is no resolution and was told that I'll just have to forget about shopping online and go to the Ulta store. Well there are items that are only available online. This is just so ridiculous. I've never hear of a store operating like this before. Don't they have an IT department that can fix their website issues. They did mention on several calls that they were having website issues.

Worst experience EVER!!!!! Do not shop at ULTA. I've ordered from Ulta a couple of times and have had the worst experience. 1st My package comes smashed like it's been thrown around so much. I've never had that experience with any other package that comes. 2nd they don't package it at all like no packaging. All my items are just thrown inside to fend for themselves. 3rd because of the worst packaging in history in every single package I always have broken or damaged or unusable items. 4th one time I even had a package sent to the wrong state even though it clearly had the correct address on it. 5th customer service never helps!!!

I've had to call 3 times with the first damaged package so they could do something about it and all they did was give me a gift card with the amount minus the taxi might add which I paid and then had to pay again to use the gift card so money down the drain. Then with another package that was damaged AGAIN due to horrible packaging customer service told me to go to an Ulta store with the damaged items so they can exchange the items, they didn't even attempt to send me a replacement or a gift card or a refund!!!

How am I supposed to take the body scrub which was basically all poured out into the damaged outer box and all over my other items. The damaged body butters that because of their error had the caps off when I opened it and had been scraped by the other items that were swimming in the box because they weren't secure. And also my compact which was shattered everywhere because they didn't package nicely again!!! I mean WTF!!!

I order online because I can't go to a store because I have no car and a 1 year old daughter and it's freaking freezing to go shopping with her on a bus, and now they're telling me to go return the damaged empty items to the store when I ordered online because I can't go to a store. How do they keep getting away with this!!! I honestly hate Ulta and their customer service and packaging department need to have a recheck and disciplined in how to do their job!!!

Went in to purchase items on their "One Day Only" early in the day only to find they were all sold out. It was within an hour of them opening and they were out of the product. The store was not busy at all. Leads me to believe they never stocked the item or withheld the product to not have it available. The ad states "while quantities last" and "no rain checks." Of course - the quantities were never stocked.

So I just sent their customer service the following message - "I hope this reaches the right person. I was recently in your store located in West Long Branch, NJ (Store 1124) and had the worst experience I've ever had at any Ulta (and I've never had a bad experience at Ulta before). I was waiting in line and there was one associate ringing up a customer while the other, I believe her to be the manager, was just having a casual happy conversation with a random customer/ fellow associate...

Then when she was finished, she turned around and started playing around with some things/bags behind her, well aware that I was waiting. Though I was not waiting in line to be rung up, I just had a question; so the other associate, a male, called me over next, and I asked if there was someone on the floor that could help me find a product. He turned around to the lady and she reluctantly and rudely asked him what I was looking for. So I told her and she immediately responded that the store probably sold out. I then informed her that I had not been to this location and wasn't sure where to look for the item to see if it's even sold there (Becca ever matte primer - which you do sell, and did have in stock). She sped over to the area, and then I had to call her back because I still didn't see the item, which she came back and found behind a different product.

The young man who rang me up was very professional and kind, and even helped me sign up for a new card b/c we couldn't find my account, and honestly if it wasn't for his service, I would have probably blasted this Ulta on my social media, because there are plenty of other locations to choose from. This one is just the closest to my home - and thus convenient. I'm not sure what this associate/manager's problem was, or was with me, but business is business - it doesn't matter what your customer looks like. Everyone's money is green and she could've showed a lot more customer service, or ANY at all. Never once did she smile, make me feel welcome, or like she wanted me, A CUSTOMER, to return.

I would love to hear back from someone as far as if anything is done, or what would be the next step in this complaint, because I'm a really kind and friendly person, and I really didn't do anything to deserve the obnoxious attitude and service this lady directed my way - Thank you. If someone gets back to me and I feel like this situation is addressed accordingly, I will definitely update this review. But until then, I meant it when I said business is business, and for the sake of the company and that store, as a minimum, that manager/associate needs to be retrained in customer etiquette, and given a STRONG talking to... Everyone has a bad day, but she definitely chose the right customer because someone else might not have handled her rudeness so well... Just such a turn off from Ulta.

I made an appointment for a stylist to have my hair dyed one color at 2:30 on a Thursday afternoon. I got there at 2 o'clock and though she didn't have any customers she was going to make me wait until 2:30. She took me around 2:15 and I thoroughly explain to her what I wanted done with my hair. My hair was a coppery red color that had lost its vibrancy. I did not want to go darker in color I pretty much wanted the same color just to revive the red. She pulled out several color swatches and I choose the one that was almost identical to the color that I wanted.

There was also a salon picture on the wall with a woman whose hair was almost the same exact color I was trying to achieve. Again, I was not changing the color of my hair, just refreshing the red. She put the hair color on very slowly and I noticed it was turning a very dark purple color. When I questioned it she assured me it was not going to be that dark. After about 40 minutes she rinsed the color off and I had chunks of the copper red all over my hair and the rest of my hair was a deep brownish red, easily 2 Shades Darker than the color I had chosen.

At this point the "master stylist" comes over to assist because the stylist that did my hair had no idea how to fix this. So they put a gloss or toner as they called it on my hair which then made my hair another shade darker almost a mahogany brown. She told me that this would last six to eight weeks depending upon how much I shampooed. I guess what she meant was the first time I shampoo it's going to wash out of my hair like spray in hair color. It cost me $70 for the color that was supposed to be 60 when I came in and was given my consultation and then the master stylist charged me $56 for my haircut which she took too much off of my hair.

I waited 4 days to wash my hair because I was so scared of what was going to happen. I do not use cheap shampoo and conditioner or styling products. I left the salon that day not feeling sexy but feeling robbed. I paid $126 for my hair to look blotchy and horrible. The color did not hold around my face, I still have the copper red at the roots around my face, the underneath of my hair is lighter and now the copper red color that I originally started out as a starting to show through in spots throughout my head.

When I expressed my complete dissatisfaction and that I could not believe they were going to allow me to leave the salon that way was when they did the gloss or toner and I wasn't charged for that. However my hair is absolutely horrific and I spent $126. These people did absolutely nothing to make this right other than put a toner on my hair that literally washed out with the first shampoo. I would not recommend Ulta Salon's to anyone.

Like other reviewers, I will stick with Sephora as everything always works out well with them. Today I spent a lot of my time in the store, particularly interested in the clearance section, several Coola items including a kit with four small products...all clearance items were unmarked!!! An employee tried to help, but agreed, nothing was priced. She took it to the front register and said it was $50. No way, clearly this item was not fifty bucks!!! How could I go further??? So it will sit on the shelf for another year. Whenever I have purchased clearance items, often find they are further discounted when I get to the register, which seems ridiculous. If you are trying to clear them, why not show the lowest price???

Then, to use my $3.50 coupon, I purchased hair accessories priced at $11.99 and $2.47. The $2.47 hair tie had clearly been around a long time and on sale. Standing in line another long time. When I get to the register, the coupon cannot be used because one item is a clearance item, $2.47...I gave her my coupon, my book, the items, she can keep them all and know exactly what to do with them because I ain't going back in that freaking store. I hate the place and all the time wasted trying to make purchases. Awful customer service, terrible policies. Like other complaints here, I once attempted to make a return with a receipt and nope, as I waited endlessly for the woman ahead of me to do an exchange, these clerks are braindead with no accountability nor ability to make a decision. Hate it.

Whenever I go into Ulta my favorite section of the store to visit is the NYX lipstick section. It has every color you could want. It's organized neatly and the price is perfect. They have several different types of lipsticks such as matte, butter, glossy, liquid and so much more. The Ulta staff is always helpful when needed and never too pushy. No matter what I go into Ulta for, I always end up at that section before I purchase my items.

I purchased a gift card online from Ulta to be mailed as a Christmas gift. It was never received. I have contacted Ulta numerous times asking for either a refund or to issue another gift card. They don't seem willing to do either one. They won't even answer my emails any more. Beware when purchasing gift cards online that you may never receive them.

The staff in the store was non-inviting and the female security guard kept hovering around me like a vulture. The ladies in the makeup department did not appear to want to help me at all. I will never shop or recommend this store! Sephora will have all of my business.

I ordered $195.45 worth of products at Ulta and only $36.00 showed up. They said they sent two different packages on the same day (hours apart) and how is it that I only received one with only one item inside? Okay, mistakes happen but when they do and items are not delivered I expect them to take ownership and help the customer. It baffles me that they can treat their customers like this! I will be an exclusive Sephora customer from now on.

Initial order was "lost", only got box 2/2 with 1 tiny makeup item, such a waste. Reorder was "expedited" over a wk prior to Xmas, came nearly a wk AFTER. I had to battle last min shoppers and empty shelves to complete my daughter's Christmas. I wk at 930, Ulta opens at 10, yet to mail it back, I have to pay and take it to the post office according to Robin at Ulta when I called. I'm going thru Sephora from now on.

First when I walked in, I went straight for what I knew I wanted. I was being stared down by the security guy for pretty much the whole time while I was trying to enjoy my browsing, and he didn't try and make it discreet making me very uncomfortable. They think that they prevent shoplifting, when really it just turns paying customers away. I am a professional in the industry so I know how things run. The line wrapped around the whole store so I just left, returning later because no one was very warm and friendly.

On another note, they make returns very difficult without stating clear details. I had the receipt but they refused to let me return a product I was unhappy with. They would not even let me exchange it. I think management is just so overwhelmed trying to prevent loss that they treat all of their customers as a threat to business, very unprofessional as well. I will stick with Sephora. It is a well oiled machine there, and a little bit more of an elevated experience with the freedom to browse and have fun in the store.

Went to Corey at Ulta Beauty at Meadowbrook Mall in Bridgeport WV on Dec 22 2016. My hair was midway down my back and all one length. I took a picture of a Bob haircut that I really liked. Everyone in the store told me Corey was the best stylist there. I showed him the picture and he assured me he could cut it that way with no problem. I have plenty of hair but it is like baby hair and every little miss snip shows and takes forever to grow back. I also told him a few horror stories about stylists using thinning shears on my hair which is a big no no with fine hair. Well long story short he absolutely butchered my hair. Cut big chunks out of the back and then used thinning shears. He absolutely gave me the WORST haircut I have ever had.

I went today and got a refund but it will take a year to get my hair looking decent again. I have super straight silver hair that now looks absolutely terrible. If he is the best stylist there I would hate to see the work of the other stylists. I would not have gotten a worse haircut at the local beauty Academy. Do not let him cut your hair. Supposedly he is a "master" stylist but as far as I am concerned I could have cut it myself and done just as good. If I could give negative stars I would.

My first experience in store was with my daughter. I asked one of the sales ladies to help us in the "general" cosmetics area. WELL- once she realized it was not the premium products I was questioning she told me quote, " OH THAT IS THE TARGET SIDE OF THE STORE, WE DON'T ASSIST OVER THERE". WTH??? REALLY? UGH I hate that store... Anyway my daughter went to buy X-mas gifts. Package should have been delivered. It was to the WRONG ADDRESS. Granted NOT Ulta's fault. UPS had no problems filing a complaint.

Called Ulta. They said 'cause order was over $65 I needed to dispute with CC Company. The order was $66. UM NO! So they agreed to re-ship after convincing them. SO it's Christmas. I ask if everything was avail. After 10 min on hold girl comes back and says NO. Only 1 of the items are AND the proceeds to tell me they will issue a gift card for the items that are not... UM NO!!! I want my money back. So after arguing back n forth- they granted a ONE TIME ONLY exception. Are you freaking kidding me? I do NOT like this store nor the policies they have.

I tried to make a purchase on the Ulta website and it kept refusing my credit card, so I tried PayPal and it refused that also - I had just used the card on another site, no problem. After reading complaints, going back years, about card problems, I checked my credit card and PayPal accounts and found numerous charges had been made to my account. Every time it refused my card and told me to try again it actually charged my account. If it won't accept my card, why the ** is it charging my account?? I tried to call Ulta's 800 line and a recording tried to force me to take a survey. What a load of crap. Horrible customer service. Avoid this company entirely and save your sanity.

Ulta Beauty Company Profile