3.14/5

ulta.com

420 Ulta Beauty Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 5, 2019

Sebastian Plus Hairspray that I wanted was not on floor & Kale went out of way to search & found the correct kind that I wanted. It was also sale 2 for one & brought me two cans. Since I just had knee replacement surgery saved me from searching other stores.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ande ** literally out of all the people I have talked to over the phone, this girl did unnecessary work. I could have gone without not knowing this point system, but she went out of her way to please me. Keep up the great work, we need people like you in customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I ordered a bronzer online for a friend and thought it would be nice to have Ulta gift wrap it for me, and it turned out... awesome. It was in a cute pink box with a pretty bow and was packaged. I never any had problems with Ulta.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I’ve been seeing Andrea for a year now and she is always pleasant and very helpful answering questions. Her styling abilities are the best, bar none! From the start, she listened to me describe the cut I wanted and nailed it from the start. She is always very attentive to me. She is a forward thinker and tries to prepare for future appointments especially during the busiest seasons. She is the best hair stylist I have ever had due to her caring nature and superb cosmetology skills! She’s an asset to the company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Some of the products aren't what they say (which I have had a few) but mainly they're pretty good. Everything isn't perfect but the products they sell are the top notch ones. That's what consumers want.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I would like to start by saying I really like Ulta the store and shop there both in person and online. Unfortunately, the customer service from both email and the 866# were drastically different. When sending an email, the return email was part template with an agent typing in specifics to my issue. Not only could Christal ** not spell or use proper grammar, but she did not read the issue and respond appropriately. Her sign off of “ best regards Christal **” (no capitalization) was most charming after being insulted by her lack of understanding of my “in convince” (inconvenience). Wow! Spell check and grammar check can help to a point but hire people that have been to Oz and asked the wizard for a brain.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I am a Diamond member and today they have exclusive deals for Diamond and Platinum members as it is their appreciation days for customers like us who spent a lot in their store/website. There is a free gift with any purchase of $25 and when I tried adding that to my cart, it keeps showing me that I need to pay for that free gift. Apparently there is a problem with my account not picking up that I am a Diamond member.

So I contacted their customer service through live chat and the guest service that was assisting me is Carla **. All she did was not understanding my situation and told me that I could not make the payment because there is a problem with my bank, billing address etc and so on. She clearly did not understand my situation or tried to understand. She then ignored my messages for 15 minutes and when she came back she told me there is nothing she can do. She then decided to disconnect the chat herself without notifying me, and in the middle of me typing a message.

This is truly a very humiliating customer service experience I receive from Ulta. I thought they have great customer service but apparently this has once again proven they are not. This is a really horrible experience and there is no point spending in their store because we can clearly buy the products somewhere else that treats their customer well instead of such rude behavior! And even if you spend and become Diamond or Platinum members, it does not matter either because when your account is not picking up that information, they will put the blame on you or your bank instead of trying to fix the issues on your account or the website!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My wife went shopping yesterday at the Lake Grove Smith Haven Plaza Ulta beauty store. In so doing she had purchased a few items and went to pay for them to her bank card. While she was at the cashier the cashier asked her in a extremely low voice to enter the last 4 numbers of her Social Security numbers on the key pad. Until later that evening she received a email from Credit Karma saying that a hard inquiry was on her account and her credit score had dropped over 5 points. This all was because the cashiers are given a commission for every customer application for a Ulta Credit Card. I reported the store and the cashier to the Corporate District Manager. People out there reading this, DO NOT GIVE ANYONE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS. NOT EVEN THE LAST 4. This hard inquiry will last 2 years on her credit report.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I purchase from Ulta a lot and it's been great. Recently, I had a problem and I didn't get my order. Wrote to Ulta and got a reply back from Adrian. I was given a pack of lies and was offered a refund. I agreed to the refund and now they won't answer my emails or give me my refund. They lie and steal from good customers. I had to contact my credit card company. They are despicable. Naturally, I will never order from them again, and will tell anyone who will listen just how deplorable they are.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My 14-year-old daughter was taken to Ulta's Salon (by her father) because she wanted to dye her hair purple prior to starting high school. She was originally quoted $120 for her hair. The stylist proceeded to perform additional services that were not discussed with my daughter or her father rendering my daughter shocked when her final bill came to $180. She was using her summer babysitting money to pay for the color service. Unfortunately, the nightmare didn't stop there. Due to the gross incompetence of the hairstylist, the purple that was put in her hair was streaky and inconsistent. In addition to the color not being applied properly, $180 bought her ALMOST 2 weeks of color before washing out to a horrible grey color. My daughter used all the correct protective measures to ensure her color lasted, but sadly it didn't.

Ulta reached out to me after leaving a Google review and I provided them all the information and the location of where she received "services" and was told that someone will contact me to resolve the issue. I have yet to be contacted regarding the hack-job that was done to my daughter's hair and still no resolution which speaks volumes regarding the company's integrity or lack thereof. Ultimately, the services that my daughter paid for were not rendered by Ulta and they have made no attempt to resolve the problem. If you are looking for a reputable company that is competent and has integrity you will want to look elsewhere.

Ulta Beauty Company Information