2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

ulta.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Ulta Beauty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

On November 23 I placed an order for $195.00. I was to receive free gift either robe or a throw. I received neither. I called customer service. I was told I could receive $15 gift card, however, they were unable to send me my free gift. I certainly don’t understand why? It’s their “policy.” SO I guess because someone didn’t put my gift in the box I just don’t get the gift? I get a lousy $15 gift card and that is supposed to make up for it?? What kind of “customer service” is this?!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I'm so sad about my experience with ULTA today as I really did like their products. They mislead you with their "free gift" emails and then can't help you cancel. Surprised that scams like this are still going on with today's economy. They lost this customer and I will pass along my experience to others.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I placed an online order with Ulta on 11/22/20 for $176.56. The Black Friday promotion on the website stated any order over $60 would receive a cosmetic bag with 8 free items. I did not see the gift on my confirmation email and contacted customer service immediately. I was told they cannot modify an order and since I did not “order” the gift I will not be receiving it. I asked for my order to be cancelled and was told that they could not since it had already completed processing. Today I receive an email from Ulta stating that due to high volume my order is taking longer to process and to please be patient. Who holds these large companies accountable? This is fraudulent behavior.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Ulta only refunds online orders that are less than 100$ if the package goes missing. They could care less about anything more than 100$. They will simply say, "Oh the tracking says it was "delivered" so therefore you got your package," even if it says "left on front porch". They refused to issue a refund. I will be reporting them to the BBB to get my refund. Chime bank also refused to issue a chargeback for the missing package so don't bank with Chime either!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

My father's funeral service is Sunday 10/11/2020. I purchased some Madison Reed hair dye on the 7th to apply before the service. I paid the extra money to have it expedited to receive on the 8th. Mind you, this was the date the site said I would receive it. I waited all day and didn't receive it. I checked my online orders and saw it was scheduled to be delivered on the 10th. I called customer service, which is a joke by the way, only to be told that there was nothing they could do. I asked for a refund of my expedited delivery cost and was told they couldn't do that. I will never do at Ulta again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have spent literally tens of thousands of dollars with Ulta in the last 10+ years, but no more. I recently ordered a few items, totaling over $200, and tracking showed that it was delivered outside my building over a week and a half ago. Ulta used LaserShip - every other shipping company is able to deliver to individual apartments or at least leave it in our mailroom where it is secure, but not these guys. They left it outside my midrise apartment building, on the street, in a busy large city. Of course, it got stolen by the time I realized I hadn't received it and went to go check out the tracking. I contacted LaserShip which I still have not heard back from, and I contacted Ulta and explained my situation.

They apparently have the least understanding customer service agents, and they told me I would not be getting my items or a refund because it was delivered to the address on the order, when in fact it was not - it was not delivered to my apartment which is listed on my shipping and billing address. Maybe they should use a reliable shipping company from now on. I got tired of trying to explain and plead my case, so from now on, I will be taking all my business to Sephora. Never once had an issue with an order or product that Sephora did not resolve quickly and pleasantly.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE!!! If Ulta makes a mistake with an online order (in my case Ulta sent my $400 order to the wrong address) Ulta won't fix the problem or even try to resolve their mistake. I spoke to four different supervisors (one with dogs barking in the background) and all told me that even though it's their mistake, there is nothing they can do. Wrong! When you have good customer service, there is always something you can do for the customer to fix the problem.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I came to the salon requesting permanent color. I informed the stylist that my hair was bleached during a balayage treatment two months prior. Long story short, my hair did not hold the color, they attempted to rectify it for free but it didn’t work. I was told to call if there was an issue after the second time, only to be lead on to be told basically too bad. $130.00 down the drain. They should be held partially responsible since they didn’t turn me away, I should have been told my hair was too damaged but they proceeded, twice.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I am beyond words with my 2nd bad experience with Ulta store. I purchased L’Oréal Mascara the sticker posted buy one get one 1/2 off regular price $8.99. The price rings up $11.99 with half off the 2nd one. This is not the first time that Ulta increases the price of the product to make you think you’re getting a great sale but you are not! Buyer beware with shopping here. Not a good business practice at all.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I ordered products that ULTA delivered despite verbal and written cancelation of the order. Due to COVID-19 the items could not be returned to a store location. I sent the products back via Fedex with a tracking number. ULTA warehouse signed for the products and they acknowledged receipt via email. ULTA stated that they were processing the refund. ULTA then they admitted to losing the package. ULTA now reports that they can not attached a return for refund and will be unable to give me a refund.

Ulta Beauty Company Information