1.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

221 Ulta Beauty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Just ordered a Black Friday special that included a free make-up bag full of samples. The bag arrived with my other purchased items and inside one of the shampoo bottles had exploded and ruined almost everything inside. The shampoo also got onto some of my packaging of other gift items but not being a high maintenance anal shopper I didn't bother to complain about that. I reported it thinking they would just send me a replacement but no, they said that since it's no longer in stock I'm basically S.O.L. Because there's nothing else remotely similar and they don't have a million samples they could reship? I really wish I knew how shady they were before this but won't be ordering anything else.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Buying online is awful!!! First delivery takes forever!!! THEY LOST MY PACKAGE AND CALLING ULTA IS WORTH NOTHING. Do not buy over $60 online or they are not going to respond, they do not send you the things again (just to make it better). THEY DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING! AWFUL!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Went to your store on December 4, 2017 at 6:30 in the evening. Place was busy but no employees to be found. I’m a male and shopping for my wife there several times and spend a lot of money at your stores. Me and my son we’re trying to get in touch with one of the girls. Her name was Nicole at the makeup area and she was talking with her three friends. It took us setting off an alarm to get her attention and then she proceeded to help us. Will not go back to your store anymore. We will be shopping at Sephora from now on. Lost a loyal customer that likes to spend a lot of money there.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had made an awesome deal purchase during 2017 Thanksgiving sale. Ordered two of the same makeup on the go 96 piece kit for the offer price along with few other items. I was tracking it almost everyday as I was very excited on receiving them and had planned to gift them to close ones. While the other items processed within 10 days, the two makeup kit status changed from processing > Out of Stock and then in few days I just did not see them in my order anymore, they were off my order. If I had to send this to someone as a gift and not keep tracking the contents- I wouldn't even know what was being shipped. The total order amount was shown pending all throughout so I kept hoping-all the order items reach. Only once I received the parcel today the amount only for the partial shipped item price was deducted.

When I called ULTA customer care-what they had to say is, 'Keep tracking if that item is back in stock and then wait for the right price and purchase then or go and check in your local store if they have the item with the same price'. When I made the purchase online offer, why would I go to local stores here and check? If the product was out of stock, I should have got an alert or some information on the same so that I could at least look elsewhere for the same offers and products during the sale week. I waited almost 10 days for this and today got the partial shipment done which is now my complete order.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I came in to the ULTA Salon in East Brunswick NJ to get a ash blonde balayage on my dark brown hair. Let me just start off with my stylist, Jen being very rude and unprofessional. She took a walk-in while doing my hair and went back and forth between us both. She offered the other girl water or anything to drink and didn’t even pay me any attention. I then showed Jen a reference picture and she very quickly glanced at it. She began to bleach each strand... obviously not long enough since it came out ORANGE/RED.

I went back two days after to get it fixed because I didn’t like the color and she was completely rude. Saying that she couldnt do anything else besides toning it, afterwards I went home still displeased and waited another day and decided to go back and have her bleach it to the color I wanted it to be. I walked in with her still being extremely RUDE. I asked to speak to a manager... she said the salon at this location doesn’t have a manager... what???

She began to look at my hair and suggested that I make another appointment because my hair ”cannot lift to the color I wanted in one session” which basically means “give me another $150 so I can actually do what I’m supposed to do the first time.” I have gotten my hair balayaged once before and the stylist I went to was able to go lighter than the picture I showed Jen IN ONLY ONE SITTING!!!! So I knew that was complete bs. In the end, ULTA salon just wants your money and they’re very lazy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

On November 25th, I made a purchase with them for the Black Friday sales. They cancelled my order the next day after the sales were over, and when I called all they would tell me was 'you can shop in store'. When I asked for clarification of what that meant, they wouldn't tell me, but insinuated I had been banned from online shopping. They told me that they would honour the discount if I wasn't in fact banned, but would get back to me. I made another order to test if I was banned or not, as per their suggestion, and lo and behold my non discounted order did indeed ship! Then, they emailed me saying that they would not honour the discount because I have in fact been banned from online shopping and would only be able to shop in stores.

Which is it Ulta, banned or not, because it seems to me like you wrote that email after so you wouldn't have to hold up your end of the agreement to give me the discount code for your system error which cancelled my first order.When further asked about why I was banned, I was told I violated the terms and agreements which they could not tell me which one, only that in their terms and agreements they can cancel a person's account at any time for no reason. That isn't the same as violating them, as I read through them page by page and I do not do excessive returns (I haven't returned anything in ages), I do not resell (I only buy one of each item), and I do not harass or use bad language for reviews since I have not done a single review!

Their other reason was perhaps it is because I look at their page from abroad. Well, Ulta, you offer shipping to AE addresses, which stands for Armed Forces Europe, so I don't know why you would offer shipping to a place where I am not allowed to access the site from. I am a platinum member, I spend a lot of money at Ulta and have always had good experiences. This seems to me like they just didn't want to look into the case and so it was easier to ban me. This is a very disappointing experience and unless they offer a good reason as to why I was banned, or a logical explanation as to how I could be banned but still purchase items, I will not shop at Ulta again or recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I went in to get my hair highlighted with Lavender Purple. I showed the stylist the picture SIX TIMES and confirmed that’s exactly what my hair would look like. Four hours later she finally turned my chair around so I could see and my WHOLE HEAD is DARK PURPLE. I will NEVER go to Ulta again. I spent $250.00 for something I didn’t want and they aren’t willing to fix it/discount the price. Are you kidding me?!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Normally, I'm a Sephora girl, a VIB Rouge kind of girl, actually, but if you're a makeup enthusiast, you'll understand why I was wanting to make the switch from Sephora to Ulta. The perks were so enticing! Being that I am addicted to makeup, and I successfully went 10 months without purchasing a single scrap of makeup, I spent $300 at Ulta (discount brought it down to $275), and $150 at Sephora. To keep a long story short, both packages were "delivered" on the front porch while I was home but I never received a single thing! I called up Sephora, and they replaced my whole order with 1 quick fifteen minute phone call. Ulta on the other hand? I've called SEVEN TIMES, and they have sent me everywhere - the police station, UPS, my banking institution, but because my order amount was over $60, they won't even consider replacing a single piece of merchandise.

If you know makeup, you know that $60 worth of "prestige-brand" cosmetics means nothing. That's 1/2 of one of my 15-pan Natasha Denona palettes. For the above reason, I say this: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT ULTA. I let the perks tempt me, and lost $300 to God knows where and the Ulta Beauty corporation is so greedy and cares so little about their customers, I'm frankly astonished. No matter, it's back to Sephora for me - the perks suck, but at least they know how to treat their customers.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017
I have had many bad experiences with Ulta. They told me I could not use a coupon for bogo. At the store did not scan it and when I got on the internet and put the same bogo item in I was able to use it. You call them and they give you a bunch of garbage and lies. As long as the coupon was 15 dollars or more it is usable.

They give you a coupon for something for your birthday and they don't have the product. Mega more problems. If you complain they tell you to call corporate and when you call it says that you can wait 25 minutes to talk to somebody.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Offered 30 Cents Credit for a $10.00 product that should have been an even exchange - will not shop there any longer - Not a good business practice - when I told the cashier I would just keep what I had, she looked puzzled and said, "But the 30 Cents will go towards your purchase of the new $10.00 one". What? No thanks!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The other day as I was attempting to use my coupon that works on Prestige makeup which was a 20% coupon. I also decided to use all of my points as well. When I attempted to check out, it would not process my order so I decided to try to use my PayPal account it would not process my order that way either so I called Ulta and emailed them as well. When I called they were very rude to me and told me that I needed to go in the store. I also received an email stating that from here on out I had to do all my shopping in the store. The email or the phone conversation neither would explain why I could not shop online. I expressed to them that I was concerned about my treatment and need an explanation. I was instructed to be patient. A few weeks later I called again and got the same runaround and will send another email stating that I have to shop in store going forward.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I just registered the Ulta reward account for 20% of the first order, I ordered many masks, one hair brush and one Dyson hair dryer. Everything came in a small box with their own company label on it, except the Dyson hair dryer. I called the stupid customer service, told them how could a small box can fit that hair dryer, and I provided them many pictures of proof that what I received, it was filled full with the masks and other stuffs I bought! Also, the weight was not described as what they said. It took so long time for me to resolve the issue, and now they still want me more information! This is the worst customer service I ever received, and the credit card company did not protect customer ever, I would never apply their company credit account anymore!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I shop at Ulta a LOT! There are some girls in the store where I shop that are awesome, but there are more there that are less than awesome. They’re rude, and they seem very condescending. Also, I have had major issues with the points system. I had to call customer service 3 times back to back one day. I spent 2 hours on the phone with 3 VERY rude and unprofessional women. They were not knowledgeable at all. My points had been being deducted instead of added, so I actually had negative points when I should have had around 400 points. They argued with me for, like I previously said, 2 hours about it. They kept saying I was wrong, and I should be in the negative.

Finally, the supervisor I spoke to (one of the 3 women) said she would go back through all my transactions and do the math to find out how many points I should have. She did this and emailed me a couple days later to tell me I was correct and that I had 403 points. After that, I made more purchases, and I had over $14 worth of points. I made a purchase, using $12 of those points, but I ended up returning the item. I never got my points back that I used and was told by the store manager that, because I did an exchange and not an actual return when I brought that product back, I would lose my points. Her words were “Those points go poof.”

I was not happy to say the least so I contacted customer service. The person I spoke to was rude, but she did say that what the manager told me was incorrect. She said that I should get my points back within 48 hours. I knew that I wouldn’t because anytime I make a transaction my points immediately update (whether they are being added or subtracted), and these did not. I am going to have to call customer service again, and I have a strong feeling I’m not going to get the results that are correct. I’m going to have to throw a fit (for lack of better words) in order to get my points back. It’s ridiculous! If we had a Sephora, or another beauty store, I would not shop at Ulta any longer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

20th street and Highland Ulta has one of the rudest managers. Don't know her name (Asian girl). I also waited in the same spot of the store for 40 minutes waiting for someone to assist me with foundation color but as I looked around I saw the employees in the makeup area packing on more makeup to their face so I walked up to the register for the second time to ask for assistance and to also complain about the long wait but the Asian manager didn't seem to care. She saw me standing there and didn't bother to help.

This was my main store but never going there again, I also placed an order online for 2 eyeshadow pallets and was told It would be delivered on 11/3. Turns out they never actually sent my products until just a few days ago and have to wait another week for them. They were supposed to be a birthday gift but had to go out and buy something else. I swear Ulta is so frustrating! I went to Sephora and got assistance right away and also free samples and also bought new foundation which I love! Goodbye Ulta. Hellooo Sephora!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

This organization does not value consumer data privacy. The receipts provided upon purchase disclose that a membership is not required upon return of an item. Instead, the stores insist that customers provide their personal information in order to shop or return. After escalating this matter to the corporate office I received an email indicating that the stores were acting improperly. However after receiving the email from the corporate office the practice of demanding customer private information continues. The receipts are a willful misrepresentation.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have been a customer here for many years. I’ve had my hair done, and I’ve purchased all my makeup, as well as my two daughters’ makeup here. My stores are East Peoria, Illinois and Peoria, Illinois. The management staff at Peoria is extremely rude, and I have complained about them in the past. When I receive a free item coupon for Ultimate rewards members, they never, ever seem to have the product. They are either out and try to give you a subpar product, or they just say they are out. Sometimes they say that they never do receive the products that are on the coupon.

This weekend I had a coupon for a Stila full size eyeliner. Before I went up to the cashier, I asked one of the representatives on the floor to show me the full-size product that my coupon was referring to. She found it for me, but when I went up to the cashier she insisted it was supposed to be a trial size product. When I showed her that it said it was full size she shrugged and said it was not correct. I am really sick of the bait and switch and I’m not going to shop there anymore.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I made an appointment to have a wax and a haircut and color. The store manager made the appointment for me. I arrived a little early and went straight back to the salon to say I was there. The stylist who was just standing around was rude and said she didn't do wax's and to go to the benefit bar. So, I had my wax and then headed to the salon for my cut and color. While I was waxing the hair stylist took a walk in. I waited over an hour while she took her time with the walk in, then while the walk in checked out she showed the stylist hair styles and colors she liked on her smart phone, still I'm waiting for my scheduled appointment. Then the stylist had to sweep and clean all in slow motion, with no apologies for making me wait.

When I get in the chair she starts asking question about my hair care products, and how I should condition more, my hair is in great shape by the way not damaged. Then as we pick my highlight color to hide and blend gray she want to use brunette. I’m a natural dirty blond, and need to mask the gray with a lighter blond. She insisted this brunette color was blond, and even though I told her I was trying to blend the gray with multidimensional blonde she was determined. So I said "I'm sorry but this is not a good fit, first you make me wait an hour while you took a walk in, now you don't know blond from brunette… See ya."

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was a Platinum member since almost 3 years and I spent almost all my money at their online store. I liked their reward program and the discounts they sent here and there being Platinum and also the access they gave me some days before anyone else. Then, they started doing nonsense, like shipping orders very very late, sending wrong products for 3 times in a row and when I contacted the Customer Service they apologized, saying that I could keep those wrong items but then I got a second email where someone told me to give them back, so I was confused on what to do. Very disorganized people for sure.

Many times I got broken items and had to wait for refund or re-order them at other stores if they were still available. In May 2017, they started doing a lot of crazy things, like deleting orders placed at 7 am, when items were in stock, and after 5 days they justified the matter, saying they were sorry but those items were out of stock, which made me really upset.

How can a product be out of stock, if you order it 5 minutes after being put online? This means that they oversell their products so they cannot guarantee enough products to anyone. So a total lack of professionalism, as I needed some of those limited items for birthday or because being a blogger, I needed to review them. If I had known it immediately, I would have purchased them at the brand's company the following day, but knowing that Ulta had sold them out 5 days after my confirmed order, this prevented me from having this product at all and ended up to buy it on eBay at a higher price. Then in June, they blocked me. At the beginning I thought it was because I used a gift card plus PayPal which wasn't allowed, but trying many times with different methods without any result, I ended up thinking they had blocked me for good.

I contacted them multiple times with no answer or an answer after 10/15 days, saying it was a bug on the system, so I should have used Google instead of Safari, which I did without result neither. I called them and I got like 10 different versions as nobody knew anything about my account. Then I reported them to BBB and after that, waiting for an answer which arrived 1 month later, someone said that for 'multiple factors' I couldn't buy online anymore.

I jumped from my seat as I never experienced such a nightmare before. They justified this action, as I was spending too much with them!!! I spent like +$3000 in a year and this is the treatment they give me? Instead of being happy and put me a red carpet everytime I bought from them, they blocked me? Who they believe they are, seriously? Those who did so or created this policy must be retarted for many reasons: 1) Why they blocked me online and they said I can buy in store? There's no sense in this. 2) Why should I buy in store when the store is 3 hours from me and I can find the EXACT same brands in other 100 online stores?

The only exclusive thing they have is Ulta brand that I don't like and never bought, but they have brands I can find all over the world so what's the point of this? Ah yes because they think people can resell their products? So I was put a red flag for this opinion? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, so according to them, online you can buy products to resell, when on the store No? LOL. Not to think about the fact I can send friends, ask relatives, change address and PC if I really wanted to, but I honestly don't give a damn about this company. Some management there should be fired in 2 seconds and they must respect customers like me who had the guts to spend my money with this company when I could have done it with other reliable stores. It was the worst experience in my life and I won't ever buy from them again in any possible way.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I highly and strongly recommend that no one applies for credit for Ulta. They're rigged and fraudulent. It started off with making a payment through their automated service, unfortunately I didn't know my account number so I got transferred to a representative through their automated service. I just would like to know "Why bother confirming identity with social security and current mailing address if I still cannot obtain my account number to make a simple payment." Ok so it turns out that she could receive my payment through phone but I'm going to be charged an additional $9 just to make a payment.

So at this point it is 6:45pm and I'm to the point where I just want to close my account down and make a full complete payment to get it over with. Then as the representative is asking for my card info, he then quotes, "Oh but your payment won't be processed till tomorrow." "So you're telling me that even though my payment is made on the 4th because it's due on the 4th I'm a be a day late on payment. When it was paid on time but still get a late fee charge because I'm a day late even though I paid it on time doesn't make sense at all?" So now I got a late fee when it was never suppose to be a late payment.

All of this could've been avoided if I can simply obtain my account number or make a in-store payment. So really it's kind of impossible for a payment to be made if you have no mail with the account number or receipts or Ulta Rewards Card, just to get charged with that famous late fee. Unsatisfied customer after business. Oh and I forgot to mention SUPERVISOR CALL GOT LOST AND HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO CALL BACK. CUSTOMER SERVICE? NO. BOGUS SERVICE!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I went to get a haircut at Ulta in Laredo Tx. There were several stylist standing around. It seems they gave me the stylist that had not been cutting hair long or didn't have confidence in his ability to cut hair or he went through a tough time with a customer. I am not sure cause nobody would tell me what the deal was. All the other stylist were making comments like, "She has a lot of hair. Be careful," or "Good luck." Again shouldn't be my choice if I want to be someone's first victim. What if my haircut was a disaster. None of the stylist cared about that. They just watched!!! Thank goodness he did a good job. My hair came out the way I wanted. But to not inform me of what the situation was, just pissed me off. Well joke is on you ladies. I like my cut!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I would give them no stars if it were possible! I placed an order last night online, entered a different Ship To than my Bill To (it allowed me to do this), they don't offer any other way to receive shipments other than 'Standard' (1st complaint). Next, when I looked at the email confirmation I received, it shows my Bill To as the Ship To address (2nd complaint). Called to speak to someone about the Order, got a gal who only seem to know how to read scripted responses (3rd complaint). The gal asked for my phone number to pull up my rewards account, then asked how she could help me; I explained the issue of the Ship To, and her only response is "...they have to match exactly or it won't work..." - I said well it asked for and let me enter different address, but the email received shows different (4th complaint).

First she said nothing she can do about it, and I asked to cancel the Order since I know it's not shipped - she said all she can do is put in a request to cancel but she can't guarantee anything, and it could take 30 days to get my money back (5th complaint). I asked to speak to a manager - and she says, “They won't tell you anything different than I've already told you.” I said, “Please let me speak to them.” She put me on hold, and came back every 5 min. or so and said she is still waiting for a manager, do I want to continue to hold, and I said yes until about the 25 min mark of waiting (6th complaint; I assumed at this point she had no intention of even connecting me).

After about 25 min of holding for a manager - the gal says, “Like I said, they won't be able to do anything for you... I don't even see that you have an Order on your Rewards...” So I said to her "then how were you going to request a cancel of the Order??" and her response was "that's just it, there is nothing there..." I said, “Why did you not mention that at the start of the call?” (7th complaint) “I have an Order Number, I assume you can pull it up in your system by that!” When I asked where it ships from - she said, “I don't know.” “How can you not know,” I asked. After a little more probing, she said, “The warehouse closest to you” (still no idea where that is; 8th complaint).

Once again, she said she can put in a request to cancel the Order but can't guarantee it will - and I asked, “How I will know the request is made.” She said, “Because I'm telling you I am putting in the request” - I said, “Yes, but you told me that 25 min ago, only to find out you were not even seeing an Order to be able to request any cancellation” (10th complaint). I asked for an email stating it was requested/done and she said she would request an email when she submitted the request - but of course could not guarantee anything (9th complaint)! Seriously - what type of system and customer service do they have! In my own work I am a Global Client Experience Manager - and find it very hard to believe a company as big as Ulta finds any of this to be acceptable. Never ordering from Ulta again - and caution others if they are considering an online Order.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've never been more dissatisfied with a beauty company! I have been a loyal customer at Sephora and I'm also a member, and have purchased most of my skin care and products through them. They may be more boutique compared to Ulta Beauty, but I've always preferred QUALITY over QUANTITY. I do not care how much products Ulta carried, the number of prestige brands they carried are fairly limited compared to SEPHORA and BLUEMERCURY. These 2 stores are my go-to places for all my skin care and makeup products, although I spent and purchased mostly high end skin care products from these two. Until Ulta, you would never find drug stores brands at Sephora or Bluemecury, they just don't have the space or time for that.

Other than the quality of the products, Sephora and Bluemercury far exceeds my expectations, in customer service and they make buying and returning a breeze and hassle free! Unlike Ulta Beauty. What I'm most dissatisfied with is probably their customer service, and sales employees. These girls who are hired, certainly isn't well trained or very knowledgable in skin care or makeup for that matter. They're not even aware of the certain promotions the company is having and I know more than the employees, when one of the customer ahead of me was asking the cashier about the rewards points she may get, the cashier doesn't seem to be inform and was not sure, she almost left the lady standing there while she leave the registered to go ask her manager to confirmed.

Since I was standing in line next, I answered the question for the cashier and told the lady customer that she would be earning 3x on all her purchases till Saturday and if she's a platinum member, then she would be earning 5x points! The cashier had no idea, and the cashier and the lady customer actually thanked me for the information - I said "She's welcome." I think as a customer, if you want to make the most out of their rewards program as a member, then we need to be inform and educate ourself on all the products, sales and promotions the company may have. I am subscribed. I think those EMPLOYED BY ULTA BEAUTY... I'm well aware that these girl/women are not professional makeup artists or estheticians like the ones hired at Sephora or BlueMercury. Their standards and culture exceeds UTLA BEAUTY. Hands down. The people they hired are professional, well trained and are license.

The people hired and worked at UTLA BEAUTY are more like clueless sales associates or what's not... NEED TO KNOW THEIR STUFF and be able to answer any questions customers may have about the company they work for and their products, being ignorant and clueless is not a good thing. The people you hired will reflect the culture and standards of your company, so choose your employees wisely! HIRED competent people, if they're not well educated or well trained and have a professional license. I would never let any of these people at UTLA BEAUTY touch my hair or my face for that matter. I simply cannot afford to let them mess up, my hair and my face/skin.

The Ulta Beauty in ROSEMEAD, CA in particular really upset me, because I've had 2 bad experiences with incompetent and unprofessional people here. One is a sales associate/cashier and the store manager from this location. They either did not process my refund properly, because up till today, it has been 3 weeks, I still have not receive my refund. I called and spoke with the manager, and she said she will call the transactional department and will get back to me once they call her back. It's been a few days, and still nothing. I have to follow up with them, when they were suppose to be calling me back! Talk about unprofessionalism/untrustworthy and unreliable/incompetency of some individuals hired by ULTA BEAUTY.

I made a returns, so I should be receiving a refund, but still no refund, yet they claim it's been refunded in their system, yet that refund amount NEVER SHOW UP on my statement and I have access to my account on my phone, since I have the app. I have proof and my statements to show that this particular transaction in question was never refund back to my Amex Card!

I think I'm just going to call Amex and dispute this charge, because I'm done dealing and having to wait on these people to get things done and it's such a simple task. They made a mistake and they can't even fix it! I don't know why they are stalling, but it's starting to get on my nerve and I'll just call Amex, since Amex is great and I love using my card and Amex customer service is outstanding. They will resolve my issue - immediately. Ulta Beauty may just lose me as a value client and customer, because I simply can't deal with the kind of people they hired.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I absolutely love Ulta. I purchase something at Ulta every week, sometimes in-store at one of my three closest Ulta's and sometimes online. I've never had an issue in-store, but I don't usually ask for assistance. I know what I want so I'm good, I just want to shop. I've had a few issues with my online orders, but usually my orders arrive just fine. When I have had an issue with an online order, like a missing item, an incorrect item, or a melted item (I live in FL lol), Ulta goes above and beyond my expectations. Every time, I am happy with the resolution.

For example, this summer I ordered Jean Michel Basquiat lipsticks online when they went on clearance. I got some for me and as gifts for my daughters. Because I was worried about the heat, I had them delivered to my office. Some arrived melted to the sides of the tubes, so I took some pics and contacted Ulta, hoping they might have a few left over so I could exchange the melted ones. They were sold out, so they emailed me a gift card and told me to keep the melted lipsticks. I received it with minutes. I thought that was pretty awesome, especially since the lipsticks were still usable, although they weren't very pretty in the tube. I came out ahead in the end, and I was extremely impressed with their response time.

Another time I received an incorrect order. I don't know how they managed it, but I received a package with my packing slip and totally different items. Whatever, it happens, we're human. So I called Ulta. I offered to bring the items into a store to return them. She told me not to worry about it and reshipped the correct items at no cost. I didn't have any need for the items. There was a palette I didn't care for as well as powder and concealer for very fair skin, way too light for me. I gave the palette to one of my girls and the powder and concealer to another. My replacement order came in three days later. Once again, the response was immediate and above and beyond what I'd expected.

On my last order, an incorrect USPS scan caused my order to look as though it had been delivered to another person, but it was actually "delivered" to my local post office. I called Ulta, worried that my order had been lost. The next day, it was delivered to me. I told Ulta I received it and asked them to cancel the replacement order. They said it had already shipped. So I offered to return it to my local Ulta store. They replied that I could keep the extra as a token of appreciation. I was floored. Once again, Ulta made sure I came out ahead. Sorry this is a novel, but I could honestly keep going. I just wanted to show that in my experience Ulta has shown a pattern of good customer service. Every experience I've had with Ulta has been good, even (or maybe especially lol) when there are issues.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My experience with Ulta is do not ever expect to receive a free promotion offer. If you do you are lucky. While they either pretend to look through the many free promotional items behind the counter that the customer can see they have refused to give me anything. I do understand the stipulation is while supplies last however my issue is why do you still have a big sign up in the area advertising the free product with purchase if you know you don't have the product and the response I received from the manager was that they didn't have another sign to put there... The promotion was for a free weekender bag, which was the reason for me purchasing the cologne for my son. Now they had a ton of bags behind the counter but refused to give me one because None of them were Lacoste bags?

So I asked if I could get one if they come back in to stock and the clerk told me no and that I had to purchase the product the same day to get the free bag and so did I want to wait on purchasing the cologne?? I did call customer service for the bad attitudes from the manager and the associates and more importantly for the obvious misleading free weekender bag promotion and the girl was nice and told me she would email me a 50.00 gift card for the bad service but never received that either.

In this day and age of competitiveness in the retail industry customer service should be your number 1 product. At Ulta it is not. This is the 3rd time I was refused the "free promo" and I just feel it’s a bad way to do business. Also just wanted to add the sales associates’ first response when you ask if you have something shouldn't be "no we don't" just because they don't feel like helping you, once I looked again for it on my own I did find it. The girl was too busy talking with another coworker to want to help me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Made an in store return 8/4/2017, with receipt, and the return should have returned to my debit CASH CARD! Several attempts to understand WHERE MY FREAKIN MONEY IS, STILL TODAY 8/15/2017. When I was countlessly told 3-5 days. After countless emails and telephone contacts... I still am being ignored and not followed up with. Come tomorrow, if I do not receive that money from this scam ** store... I am hiring an attorney to correct the neglect over it!!! I couldn't believe how many people are going through or have experienced the SAME FRAUD ACT FROM ULTA. UNREAL.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I just felt like I had to respond to some of the craziness I see from people complaining about Ulta for the dumbest things. I've had a few bad experiences with Ulta staff, but I don't take it personally and just go on with my day. 9 times out of 10 if I go in with a positive, polite attitude I get the exact same back from everyone at Ulta, even if I have a return or a problem. I am reading these complaints and these clueless people create their own drama. Someone's complaining that the store is separated into the "high end stuff" on one side and regular product on the other, a perfectly normally way for Ulta to organize their store, and "Breezy" complains she feels "singled out and discriminated against" for shopping on the regular side... Good Lord! Really? Get some therapy if you're that much of a mess.

Another complaint that products purchased were not enough monetarily to qualify for a coupon by a penny. So why can't they just give her the discount? Because they CAN'T. That's how to works in the real world where I work also. It doesn't matter that it's only one cent. Go back and figure out what you want to get to make it work so you can use your coupon. She said "no" so that's it! And the lovely woman who returned $120 worth of products just to spite Ulta because she wasn't happy with how they were handling a return. Ulta had to throw all of that perfectly good product out because that is their policy. Just because a grown woman was having a tantrum. And you wonder where your refund is all this time? Guess what... They ARE messing with you!!! Because you're a horrible customer. Nothing is as bad as all of these complaints make everything out to be. Ulta is perfectly fine the majority of the time.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I took my lovely blonde niece to have her roots touched up and lighten the blonde in her hair. When the stylist finished my niece has iron grey hair!!! The stylist said she'd being doing hair for 10 years and this is platinum blonde. I am 60 and my niece is 18 - I look younger! I told the stylist that my niece is a performer and her director expected platinum blonde and that I was very unhappy with the grey / purple result - she said could come back and she'd wash it! After 3 1/2 hours a poorly done job and $ 200!!! No thank you!!! I will take her to a real salon!!! And no, I did not leave a tip!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I've been an ultimate rewards member at Ulta since 2013 and when the platinum program launched in 2014 I hit platinum status in just a few months which comes with extra perks than regular ultimate members. I spend a lot of money there and for every dollar spent as a platinum reward member you get 1.25 points that add up to cash off your future purchases. Well I'm no fool and know that accumulating these points adds up to a major reward. 2,000 points = $125 to spend how ever you want in the store and I combine that with my 20% off EVERYTHING for even bigger savings! Well after a few updates it had come to my knowledge that redeeming 1000+ points will need to verify ID. Feeling like I had peace of mind and thinking being hacked would never happen to me, I suddenly get an email alerting me that I had changed my name/address and that all my points had been spent. $125! GONE!

I immediately called customer service and let them know my issue which they handled and opened me a new rewards account and just added my points back on. But sadly all my purchase history for instore and online GONE! Fact: you have to spend $400 in a calendar year to stay platinum for the next year, RESET!!:( Customer service could not give out the name on whoever hacked my account or the home address they included or what they purchased. But luckily I had opened the app just before I was kicked out of my hacked rewards account and saw the all the information of the thief. The purchase had been made on the other side of the country!! I screenshot the Ulta store the purchase was made at and called and let the manager have it!

I lectured the manager on how the store associates must be incompetent and that my rewards account was compromised because the carelessness of one associate who obviously did NOT get the memo of how the company she is representing and working for is doing things now. I began to explain that even I got the memo on how proper identification would be needed to redeem reward that high and the fact that this associate felt it was okay to change the NAME and ADDRESS on a rewards account that had such a high rewards balance!! Like did this associate not think something suspicious was going on?? Ugh... I just had to get this experience out there so that maybe I can help someone else?... or if Ulta employees read this to step up their security. -__-

Original review: July 9, 2017

I went to Ulta for a specific hair spray. I needed a humidity fighting hair spray. With so many choices; I needed help. I saw a worker walking around just help another woman. I walked toward him and asked about a good hair spray to help humidity; instead of coming to help me he just quickly answered that the brand I was holding was good and walked away from me. He hurried to the cash register so he and the other cashier could help the total of three people in the store, including myself, to check out so they could close the store. I explained how he was rude by walking away from me. All he said was that he was sorry and was helping a customer. That was not the case, he was done, and his apology was empty and of a "I really don't care, rude attitude". I asked if I had makeup on, my hair perfect, etc, would it have been better? Would I been treated differently. I don't think it really matters.

This is the second time I have been to Ultra in Deptford, and the first time several years ago was also a bad experience. The workers are unapproachable and terribly rude. It has to be something wrong with this entire franchise as I read many, similar complaints. In a day when long-time stores such Macy's and Sears are closing, one would think Ultra would want to overhaul their staff-training, and customer experience model if they want to stay in business. Unfortunately, Ultra has completely lost my business. So disappointed.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I'm posting this because my wife is one who won't fight back against scammers. On a previous visit to Ulta to have her hair done, she was given a coupon for a discount on her next visit. Now, she wasn't on her first visit this time, she is/was a consistent customer. Upon arriving for a cut and color, she told the SAME INDIVIDUAL who gave her the coupon some time back she had the coupon and wanted to use it. The stylist didn't say anything. She did the cut and color.

When my wife went to pay, the stylist told her the coupon was no longer any good because she had been given a promotion. YES, YOU'RE READING IT RIGHT! My wife had to pay a lot more than what is charged in Plano, Texas for the EXACT same service. Guess what? I don't care what it cost next time she goes for a cut and color - it will not be at ULTA!

Ulta Beauty Company Information