1.90/5

ulta.com

316 Ulta Beauty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I would give Ulta’s online customer service zero stars if I could. Items were missing from my order and they claimed they did not have the systems to reprocess it. I’m sure I’m not the only one this has happened to. People work hard for their money, but Ulta apparently does not care.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Today I was there to purchase something. Everything was put back wrong and I couldn’t find what I was looking for. Finally a young lady came over to help and open a drawer and found it. Then you have to check out two cashiers I thought, but when I went up to the one that was standing there doing nothing she said she wasn’t on. Fine. I go back to the line. Now there are 4 people in line. The cashier who is working now walks away to get something for her customers. Other girl still standing and we are all waiting, waiting and waiting. Finally cashier who is working comes back to finish with her customer and says to the employee standing there to log on to her register to help someone... really she had to be told... we were rolling our eyes after waiting 15 minutes.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If you shop at Ulta online you better hope there's not a problem with your order because it'll be a waste of time to email or call customer service. They don't bother to listen and immediately assume they know "what happened" without even taking the time to actually look into it. It seems like they're trained to disagree with the client rather than assist. With so many other options out there I definitely won't shop at Ulta again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Ulta advertises lots of amazing 1 day deals... BUT when you go to buy the products online it's out of stock for that particular day. Total bait advertising! And then when you address it in a complaint, the guest services rep says "stop by again for great deals". Long story short I have never purchased anything there and never will. I'll continue to give my business to Sephora and by the looks of all the complaints on here it seems most consumers do the same.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Ulta advertises easy returns both online and a 60 day return on their receipt. I bought a makeup foundation and they refused to return the item because they said it was 'final sale' even though the item and the receipt were not written as final sale. Normally, when I have bought an actual final sale item, 'final sale' is written on the receipt or on the item and the Ulta website doesn't even mention that they don't accept final sale items for return.

It only says that if you want to return something that they will be happy to help you, which they were not. If the item or receipt was marked final sale I would not have expected to return it. I asked for the manager and later called customer service. I was told by both that even though they understood what I was saying and it made sense, they were not going to do anything to help me. This is not what I expected when I saw them advertising 'easy returns'. I don't understand the logic in their actions. Normally, when you see a store policy listed on the receipt or website, that is what you expect the store to follow, not to make up new rules as they go along.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I noticed a fraudulent charge on my debit card. Called the company before the order was shipped. They refused to cancel the order, charged my card, and wouldn’t put the money back. It’s been 3 weeks. My bank had to submit the fraud to MasterCard to dispute the charges. Ulta customer service and online ordering are TERRIBLE. Do not recommend to shop with them on their online platform.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I would've given you a -5 star if I could've. Being a customer for almost 4 years I can proudly say that this company will never EVER get another penny from me and I will badmouth this company to anyone and everyone I possibly know that shops this company. I do A LOT of online shopping and this place has got to have the worse service known to mankind. Half of the time you don't get all of your items when you place an online order and then you have to be on hold forever just to get what should have been in your order to begin with and you would think with their errors they would make it right and give you a sample or a coupon for future purchase for their mess up and having to wait another week BUT NOPE. Just what should've been in there to begin with.

So that was an issue I had and then a big mess up 2 weeks later with the wrong address due to having to check out as a guest due to taking 3 days for a password reset... they have no sincerity whatsoever for their customers and are just there to have a job. You have lost a customer for good and I will let everyone know your negligence. The list goes on but after being on hold for almost an hour still nothing resolved. I hope my package arrives that what was once lost and after you've refunded my money... you know after I told you I didn't want a refund but what I ordered and you said that you would contact the postal service but it's funny because you didn't instead after you got off the phone there's a refund pending. Sad sad sad crooks and liars.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I went to Ulta Beauty at the mall at Prince George's Saturday morning. When I walked into the store I was ignored by the staff even when I was standing near two of the staff. No one attempted to help me but I noticed that when a young woman came in she was helped and shown products. The make-up artist at the Mac counter looked at me like I was in the wrong place. I am 62 not dead or invisible. I will never go to Ulta again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I'd purchased in the ULTA store in Naples FL. (HORRID customer service - employees almost had a BRAWL in front of customers, behind the counter.) I then later made an online purchase. There were items on the invoice that never arrived. They refused to take responsibility. I ended up disputing the credit card. I gave them one more try last week, ordering an eyeshadow. It just arrived. There were supposed to be 'variety sampler' enclosed. It was not. Their website makes it near impossible to contact them and after the horribly rude, hateful treatment the last time I purchased from them, I wasn't about to call them on the phone. I can't even BEGIN to say how bad this company is. If Sephora had the eyeshadow I wanted in stock, I'd have never ordered from Ulta. This is the last time - EVER.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This ULTA Credit Card is NOT worth any of its benefits. I have had terrible experiences using this credit card. You cannot make your payments in person at the stores, their mobile app doesn't work half of the time to pay your bill on, and their store associates are not knowledgeable about the app. On top of that, I made on of my payments on my due date over the phone and they stated that my payment was late, since it was processed at night. I was under the impression that my account had been paid in full and then was traveling for over a month. I was then assessed a late fee (that I did not know about) along with interest.

Since I was out of town and under the impression that my account was current, I did not pay the late fee balance and I was assessed an additional late fee. When I returned and opened my mail, my account balance was almost $70 just from the 2 late fees and interest on them. I called and explained the situation and was told there was nothing that they could do and that their system would not allow to take off a late fee, but they may be able to take off a $15 of one of them. When I asked to then speak to a supervisor the lady said she would try and take off a whole late fee and then she told me she was able to do just that and she removed one of the late fees so that I did not speak to a supervisor.

I then stated that I was really unhappy with the entire experience and that this credit card makes it extremely difficult to make your payments and that I felt it was really unfair that I was assessed those fees and interest and she said that is all that she could do. When I asked if I could change my due date to the end of the month for future bills she stated her system would not allow her to do that since my account was past due. Terrible. No other credit card company that I have EVER used is like that.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I ordered a product for my boyfriend in order to celebrate our anniversary. I paid extra money for gift wrapping service for the product. However, it looked like a mess. It seems like they have reused other person's wrapping paper that was in the trash can. The wrapping paper was all wrinkled and cut weirdly. The huge white flower bow was already broken and worn out. It seemed like they have reused damaged wrapping paper and bow for the service. Are you kidding? It was very ** and I can't imagine what would happen if I would have gave this to him already without looking. If Ulta is not going to wrap appropriately with the correct wrapping paper, don't ever offer this service please. I did not pay for this mess. At first, they did not believe that they did something wrong. They did not admit and sounded like they indirectly accusing me as a liar. This experience was really insulting.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

It was very ** and I can't imagine what would happen if I would have gave this to him already without looking. If Ulta is not going to wrap appropriately with the correct wrapping paper, don't ever offer this service please. I did not pay for this mess. At first, they did not believe that they did something wrong. They did not admit and sounded like they indirectly accusing me as a lier. So I attached a few pictures as pieces of evidence. This experience was really insulting.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Worst customer service I have experienced with an online business. Ulta shipped me someone else’s order. When I called to ask them to arrange for it to be picked up and asked them to ship me the products I paid for, the customer service rep told me to go to the post office to return the products they mistakenly sent me and that they will not issue a refund or send the products I actually ordered and paid for until I go and return the products they mistakenly sent me. If I wanted to run another errand, I would have just gone to Ulta to begin with rather than order the products online.

It took me almost 40 minutes to explain to them why this is unacceptable and arrange it so that USPS will pick up from my house the box they mistakenly sent me (hopefully, we’ll find out). I’m still waiting for them to send me a prepaid label since the return label that came with the wrong box said that all return shipping charges will be charged to the purchaser. I also won’t have my products in time for the weekend and will need to purchase elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I called the Ulta in Cross county to find out how much it would be to dye my hair. They told me $65. When I went there I told them I wanted to dye my hair gray and they told me that I would have to process my hair and then dye it which I stupidly agreed to and it would be $109.00. They did the process and when I left the color was not "toned in" yet it had a purple color to it. They sold me the shampoo to use (should have woke up there) and it toned down in about a week to a brown/blonde. I went back and they told me to have it corrected I would have to do it again and it would cost me another $110 and this was from the manager Cheryl. I can't attach a picture here, but this place is not customer oriented and really shifty. I went there for a specific service that was not given and costly at that. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I bought some makeups online to send as gift and the order was canceled because I had some issues with my address because was incorrect. So I fixed my address and my information with the bank and with Ulta website and tried to buy again. The order was canceled again and I don’t know for what reason. I called to Ulta customer service and checked with a supervisor everything it’s ok. They just don’t know what happening. I don’t know either and because of that I lost my time because nobody found a solution. That’s it. I’m very unsatisfied with the company and me and my friends will not buy there again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I’ve been seeing Andrea for a year now and she is always pleasant and very helpful answering questions. Her styling abilities are the best, bar none! From the start, she listened to me describe the cut I wanted and nailed it from the start. She is always very attentive to me. She is a forward thinker and tries to prepare for future appointments especially during the busiest seasons. She is the best hair stylist I have ever had due to her caring nature and superb cosmetology skills! She’s an asset to the company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Recently took my kids to Ulta. We are a mixed family. My soon to be son in law who is ** went to pay for our purchase with five 20$ bills we got from BOFA. They denied us service and accused us of a felony. The Bills all passed the store's pen test but they FELT they were fake. No one else in the store got any bills even marked or denied sale.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Good products for my hair but the only thing which inconvenience me is when the security guy follow me every time I go there. Even I visit it once a month because of that and this make me go out without buying everything I need because I feel uncomfortable and he always make me feel guilty. I wish there is another store close to me and I will not go there anymore but what can I do? It's my hair though??? Maybe next time I will just do it online.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Some of the products aren't what they say (which I have had a few) but mainly they're pretty good. Everything isn't perfect but the products they sell are the top notch ones. That's what consumers want.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I love the mascara and liquid under-eye concealer. Those are my go-to makeup products everyday. The mascara does not clump and actually makes my lashes look longer. The under-eye concealer does the job too.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I bought a two of the same palette from Ulta online. When I received my package one palette was shrink-wrapped and sealed. The other had tape on the end of the box. I opened the taped box and noticed several of the eyeshadows were used and finger prints on the mirror. So gross. Called customer service. They said they would give me a gift certificate for the value of the palette. But after buying used makeup sold as new from the website, I will never buy from them again. I no longer trust the ethics of the company that once was my favorite store.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I wanted to try their long lasting eyeliners and I purchased 4 colors. I was happy with the color selection and price but not so happy with the promise to be long lasting.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I personally like the way it blends in with my skin. The texture is not too rough and keeps my skin looking radiant. Sometimes makeup is usually uneven and can never find the right blend to make it so it looks like I'm not wearing makeup. It is always a challenge for me when I decide to put it on, but not with these products, even coming off is a breeze.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The store is always clean and the staff is always helpful. I also appreciate the chance to try products before I purchase an item with help from the staff.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

They have a good variety of products but they are not always in stock even though on their website it says that they have it in the store. They are priced reasonably.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

This makeup goes on very nice. It's smooth; it feels really nice on your skin and it also stays on for the whole day. The colors are also very pretty and there is a good selection.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Their Morphe line products are not expensive but long wearing. A definite win-win in my opinion! I have bought about 7 palettes from Ulta. Very quick turnaround!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I was really surprised at the quality of the Ulta Beauty nail polish I purchased. It glided on right after opening it. No clumps and it didn't look heavy. It dried in ample time as well. Touched up after about 4 days but that was because I was weeding and doing other yard work.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have a problem with the powder eyeshadows. Too powdery and going all down my face. Other than that I like it. But I also use a variety of makeup products.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I use the Ulta automatic eyeliner. It comes in various different shades. It lasts all day long and goes on very smoothly. I typically buy it when it is on sale and I use my rewards coupon towards it. Therefore making it a very inexpensive item That I would rank with Clinique and Estée Lauder.

Ulta Beauty Company Information