Ulta Beauty

ulta.com

Compare Makeup Brands

Research top Makeup Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just felt like I had to respond to some of the craziness I see from people complaining about Ulta for the dumbest things. I've had a few bad experiences with Ulta staff, but I don't take it personally and just go on with my day. 9 times out of 10 if I go in with a positive, polite attitude I get the exact same back from everyone at Ulta, even if I have a return or a problem. I am reading these complaints and these clueless people create their own drama. Someone's complaining that the store is separated into the "high end stuff" on one side and regular product on the other, a perfectly normally way for Ulta to organize their store, and "Breezy" complains she feels "singled out and discriminated against" for shopping on the regular side... Good Lord! Really? Get some therapy if you're that much of a mess.

Another complaint that products purchased were not enough monetarily to qualify for a coupon by a penny. So why can't they just give her the discount? Because they CAN'T. That's how to works in the real world where I work also. It doesn't matter that it's only one cent. Go back and figure out what you want to get to make it work so you can use your coupon. She said "no" so that's it! And the lovely woman who returned $120 worth of products just to spite Ulta because she wasn't happy with how they were handling a return. Ulta had to throw all of that perfectly good product out because that is their policy. Just because a grown woman was having a tantrum. And you wonder where your refund is all this time? Guess what... They ARE messing with you!!! Because you're a horrible customer. Nothing is as bad as all of these complaints make everything out to be. Ulta is perfectly fine the majority of the time.

I took my lovely blonde niece to have her roots touched up and lighten the blonde in her hair. When the stylist finished my niece has iron grey hair!!! The stylist said she'd being doing hair for 10 years and this is platinum blonde. I am 60 and my niece is 18 - I look younger! I told the stylist that my niece is a performer and her director expected platinum blonde and that I was very unhappy with the grey / purple result - she said could come back and she'd wash it! After 3 1/2 hours a poorly done job and $ 200!!! No thank you!!! I will take her to a real salon!!! And no, I did not leave a tip!

I've been an ultimate rewards member at Ulta since 2013 and when the platinum program launched in 2014 I hit platinum status in just a few months which comes with extra perks than regular ultimate members. I spend a lot of money there and for every dollar spent as a platinum reward member you get 1.25 points that add up to cash off your future purchases. Well I'm no fool and know that accumulating these points adds up to a major reward. 2,000 points = $125 to spend how ever you want in the store and I combine that with my 20% off EVERYTHING for even bigger savings! Well after a few updates it had come to my knowledge that redeeming 1000+ points will need to verify ID. Feeling like I had peace of mind and thinking being hacked would never happen to me, I suddenly get an email alerting me that I had changed my name/address and that all my points had been spent. $125! GONE!

I immediately called customer service and let them know my issue which they handled and opened me a new rewards account and just added my points back on. But sadly all my purchase history for instore and online GONE! Fact: you have to spend $400 in a calendar year to stay platinum for the next year, RESET!!:( Customer service could not give out the name on whoever hacked my account or the home address they included or what they purchased. But luckily I had opened the app just before I was kicked out of my hacked rewards account and saw the all the information of the thief. The purchase had been made on the other side of the country!! I screenshot the Ulta store the purchase was made at and called and let the manager have it!

I lectured the manager on how the store associates must be incompetent and that my rewards account was compromised because the carelessness of one associate who obviously did NOT get the memo of how the company she is representing and working for is doing things now. I began to explain that even I got the memo on how proper identification would be needed to redeem reward that high and the fact that this associate felt it was okay to change the NAME and ADDRESS on a rewards account that had such a high rewards balance!! Like did this associate not think something suspicious was going on?? Ugh... I just had to get this experience out there so that maybe I can help someone else?... or if Ulta employees read this to step up their security. -__-

I went to Ulta for a specific hair spray. I needed a humidity fighting hair spray. With so many choices; I needed help. I saw a worker walking around just help another woman. I walked toward him and asked about a good hair spray to help humidity; instead of coming to help me he just quickly answered that the brand I was holding was good and walked away from me. He hurried to the cash register so he and the other cashier could help the total of three people in the store, including myself, to check out so they could close the store. I explained how he was rude by walking away from me. All he said was that he was sorry and was helping a customer. That was not the case, he was done, and his apology was empty and of a "I really don't care, rude attitude". I asked if I had makeup on, my hair perfect, etc, would it have been better? Would I been treated differently. I don't think it really matters.

This is the second time I have been to Ultra in Deptford, and the first time several years ago was also a bad experience. The workers are unapproachable and terribly rude. It has to be something wrong with this entire franchise as I read many, similar complaints. In a day when long-time stores such Macy's and Sears are closing, one would think Ultra would want to overhaul their staff-training, and customer experience model if they want to stay in business. Unfortunately, Ultra has completely lost my business. So disappointed.

I'm posting this because my wife is one who won't fight back against scammers. On a previous visit to Ulta to have her hair done, she was given a coupon for a discount on her next visit. Now, she wasn't on her first visit this time, she is/was a consistent customer. Upon arriving for a cut and color, she told the SAME INDIVIDUAL who gave her the coupon some time back she had the coupon and wanted to use it. The stylist didn't say anything. She did the cut and color.

When my wife went to pay, the stylist told her the coupon was no longer any good because she had been given a promotion. YES, YOU'RE READING IT RIGHT! My wife had to pay a lot more than what is charged in Plano, Texas for the EXACT same service. Guess what? I don't care what it cost next time she goes for a cut and color - it will not be at ULTA!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Let's start by saying I always save my receipts, but unfortunately, I can not find the receipt for the hairspray I wish to exchange, not return. The salesgirl and manager were not overly helpful. I always purchase my hair products at Ulta and all I wanted to do was exchange a hairspray (same maker) for a hairspray that has a stronger holding ability. I have to say the personnel at the Commack store are not always very helpful or nice to deal with. I did not use the hairspray and did not think it was going to be a problem. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be a customer at your store any longer, and that is a shame, because the store is in a stopping center I use a lot and is convenient during my lunch hour. I guess I will use a beauty supply store, which always discounts their products. This is just over wanting to exchange a hairspray... really!!

I made an order, online Ulta.com for a few items. l notice the shipping was going to be between 3-8 days. Called CS and from the word "go" the lady was straight up rude. I asked if I could pay more to have the shipment at least in 3 days guarantee and she straight up said no and I should take that with UPS. I asked if I could cancel and she said no. I am appalled by this kind of treatment. I called trying to get a resolution and all I got was bad attitude. SO SAD.

I went to three different Ulta's to look for Double Velour Puffs only to find out on my own they had been discontinued. Every employee I asked had no idea what I was talking about and had no idea their own product had been discontinued. The first store said they were out of stock. Check back on Friday, the second store said the same thing and the third store told me that the Ultra line products haven't been restocked in a while and when I said I wish the first store I visited would have told me that but they didn't seem to care either! So now I will be shopping elsewhere for the items I need since they don't seem to care!

I just stumbled on this website and couldn't believe how many bad reviews Ulta had. Ulta had been good to me. Any issue I had I was able to get resolved either in person or by calling member service. I'm a loyal customer and I love that Ulta rewards their customers.

I showed the Salon Manager, Penelope, the only person there, a box of hair color and asked her to make it exactly like the photo. She made it so dark, it's almost BLACK. I wanted wine red. Not even close! ULTA Beauty Salon, Portland Oregon Lloyd Center Mall location.

They had a great sale on Fiona Stiles. I have tried so many times to buy from their website but they blocked me. I have spent hours with their customer service, nothing. No matter how I am trying, changing credit cards, using PayPal... can't get approved (although PayPal did take my money but ULTA.COM didn't). I buy a lot from so many websites, never a problem. ULTA.COM? blocks me all the time. Went to the store and - nope, only at the website. Their customer service wouldn't take orders over the phone so - that's it. Can't enjoy their promotions.

3 Days before Prom and a month before High school graduation, my daughter (17) went to Ulta to have her hair colored. Her stylist was named Stacy. She has had her hair done by Stacey before and had it dyed blue. When Rebecca made the appointment with Stacey she asked if it was ok to dye it back to brown and Stacy said, "Yes, it's no problem." She was there for 5 hours. I came home from work and called her to see where she was. She was hysterical crying. When she got home I saw her hair it was uneven, broken, falling out, her scalp was red and it hurt. Her hair was destroyed. I asked her what happened and asked if she paid. She said that they told her she had to pay and give a tip because they spent so much time trying to color it. They took $192.00 from my card!!!

I immediately called the salon and asked to talk to the stylist. No one ever came to the phone. I kept holding and after 10 min someone came to the phone, not Stacy and then I asked to speak to the manager. When the manager, Jamie came to the phone I explained to her what happened she put me on hold again and after another 10 min she came back. I told her I wanted a refund and they should not have charged Rebecca for the mess they made her hair. Her response was, "Stacy told your daughter she shouldn't do anything to her hair but your daughter wanted it done so it's not our fault it broke." I again asked for my money back and her response was, "Well that's not going to happen." I went around and around with her. At one point she told me that Stacy didn't use any chemicals on my daughter's hair that could hurt it and that my daughter was pulling on her hair during the treatment and that is why it was broken and damaged.

I call Ulta Corporate and after 3 days and 4 phone calls later I finally spoke with someone. They did not give me a refund. My daughter is graduating from high school in June and her hair will not look much better by that date. The manager Jamie was rude and didn't even say, "I am sorry," Stacy lied and blamed my 17 year old daughter. They strong-armed my upset daughter and told her she had to pay. They should have had her call me or at least suggested it. My daughter is a very smart girl. She is graduating High School at 17 but in some ways naïve and when they told her she had to pay she thought she would get in trouble if she didn't. She was so upset and confused her hair was falling out and all she could think about was prom and graduation!!! She now knows she should have called me ASAP. I would never go to Ulta salon in Garner or any other location ever again.

Nobody is ever nice. Gives out coupons through the internet and never has the product. I have wasted my gas to go get the product that they never have. Then they tell you that product will come on Thursday when they get the shipment and it is not there.

A friend gave me a $25 gift card for my birthday. I have recently completed Chemo and sometimes my brain can't remember somethings. (Not an excuse just fact!). I misplaced the card. I called Guest Services and text me a new credit. It was several weeks before I got back to the store which is in another town about 30 miles away. I checked a week before and it was on my phone, so planned the trip. When I got to the store, I couldn't find the credit. I returned home and called Guest Services. They later texted me and said the credit had been used. I am not sure how that could have happened.

I am 70 years old, live with my husband (I don't think he would have any use for an Ulta credit), and no one has access to my phone. I texted them and told them this and have heard nothing in over a week. Pretty bad way to do business! I really don't think these people or should I say Corp., care about their customers, just the $$$. My suggested is find another place to buy your cosmetics and hair products. You can find better prices and much better customer care. I have the receipt but don't know how to send it. Sorry.

Pick your side, rich people to the right, poor people to the left. I am a 37 year old woman who loves make up and beauty. I have had my fair share of urban decay, Lorac, stile, Tarte, Smashbox etc. But today while shopping I felt very singled out meaning all the high end stuff is on one side of the store while your least expensive is on the other. I am a mother of three and felt discriminated in your store today. I also overheard some of the school kids high school stating "come over to this side" (meaning the high end) to another girl, "That's all the cheap junky stuff." While I already felt singled out imagine if you were another student in the store being made fun of cause of the side of the store you are on? What is the reasoning behind this? Not only that but you had 6 sales girls on that side and 1 on the inexpensive side. Come on Ulta let's think about that. Don't know if I will ever shop there or let my daughter.

I really used to love this store. However I went recently to Ulta (Wellington @ State Rd 7) and I am not going to come back ever again due the lack of professionalism of one of the skinny Latino/American employee in the Pür Minerals cosmetics (area). First of all he speaks very fast and he did not give me time to understand the products he was applying on my face. Second I did not like the way he applied the trial makeup on my face, I understand he is very indelicate and I felt I was treated as unvalue person. Finally after gave me an unpleasant demonstration products (very rude way applying makeup on my face), I decided to see the products in the Pür Mineral cosmetics by myself because I don't have complaint about the products.

However the Ulta employee came back to the Pür Minerals aisle and told me to leave from the aisle if I was not going to buy any product because I was wasting his time (literally he kicked me out). Sincerely, I was going to buy a product but due his behavior I decided to buy it online (Amazon) because there is not way I am going to return or buy online in this store. It is a shame that Ulta store have this kind of unprofessional employee, I really recommend the managers to training their employee to improve the way they should treat their customers. I have not done reviews in my life but I want to let the store that they need to improve their employees.

I purchased some items online and thought it would be easier to send them back rather than go find the store in my city since I am not that familiar with where the Ulta is located. I bought the items in March. I paid $9.00 to send them back. They were received in the warehouse on March 22. I didn't know this until I called repeatedly since there is virtually no communication from customer service. I was told it would take about 5-7 days for my money to be refunded. It's May 6 and I still don't have my refund. I have to call or write repeatedly and every single time, I get a different story from a different person.

I have NEVER experienced such horrible customer service, nor had such a difficult time getting a refund. I will NOT ever being going back to Ulta for any reason. There is absolutely no excuse. I have returned other items to other stores, they notify me that my item has been scanned into UPS or FedEx, they notify me when they receive the package, they notify me that they have processed my refund. So really, it shouldn't be this hard to get my money back. Oh, and if you look at my account online - it doesn't even show that I initiated a return or that they received it. Buyer beware! My next step is to talk to my credit card company and file a claim against Ulta.

I normally don't always go to Ulta. Sephora and bhcosmetics.com are my go to places for makeup purchases. Once in a while I would visit Ulta, and I have bought things there. But I DO NOT like how using coupons is a hassle, and the snootiness of the employees who work there. This situation with coupons has happened to me twice now.

Since I became a rewards member, they'd send me magazines with a coupon on the back, but I would never use them. The first time it happened was a few months ago. It was when I needed some body wash. I decided to visit Ulta since they had my favorite African Black Soap body wash by Shea Moisture. For this trip to Ulta, I decided I would use one of the coupons they sent me to get 3.50 off my purchase. Once arriving to Ulta, I picked up my body wash, and a few other items so it would equal to $15 (since you need to spend $15 or more to get the 3.50 off), but when I went to check out, the girl at the register would not let me use the coupon because I was short one penny. ONE entire penny, and she still wouldn't let me use the coupon.

The second time it happened, it was with a 5.00 off coupon but I could only use it on ULTA'S products. I picked up some Ulta eyebrow tint, and a bottle of Ulta body wash. Went to check out, and was told that I could NOT use this coupon because it was only for "beauty products". Now, I made sure to read the fine print, and I thought body wash and eyebrow tint were beauty products? Something else about this, both times I had this happen to me, I had the SAME girl checking me out at the cash register! And not only did she turn down my coupons, but BOTH of those times she acted like she didn't even want me to use the coupons. She had an attitude each time asking, "What is that?" when I presented them to her.

Despite my frustration, I didn't want to get into an argument at the cash register, so I just made my purchases and left. I don't hate Ulta, and I tried to give them a chance, but shopping there has been such a hassle for me lately. If other people love shopping there and have had a good experience each time, then that's great for them, but I will not be shopping at Ulta anymore. I'm sticking with Sephora like always. I don't have time for Ulta, or their employees, and they will not be getting anymore of my hard-earned money.

Don't shop Ulta!! Do not buy anything you may need to return as they will not even exchange my over $50 hairdryer that was a true fire hazard. 30 mins on customer service line and all they could say is, "Sorry." They did offer $1.73 if I wanted to buy a new one! Another customer was offered 2 pennies for a return of her shampoo!! Poor service not to stand by what you sell!

Shopped at Ulta on March 31 after work with the intention of purchasing under eye concealer. Well, per usual, as I walked around, I picked up more than just the concealer... among the items was IT "Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF50+". The total bill was approximately $120. I returned to the same store on Saturday, April 1 to exchange the concealer for one that covered better. While there I realized the pressed IT Perfecting Powder was on sale for $18. I asked the team member at the register if I could get the difference explaining I was here 12 hours prior. I wasn't aware there was going to be a sale, I had the receipt. She said it couldn't be done. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager came quickly and indicated that the difference couldn't be given without the product in hand.

My husband was with me and we both looked at each other thinking I had the receipt. She said that I really should have known that the product was going to be on sale because I received a brochure in the mail (how she knew that, I'm not sure) and she walked off as I was starting to speak. Stunned, I turned to my husband and was just shocked at her abruptness, at feeling like 1. Being blamed for not knowing there was a sale and 2. In order to get the difference in cost, I would need to drive 20 minutes to my house and back again to show the product (when I had the receipt in hand). I stood there ready to make the exchange (the original purpose for being there) when their team member at the register said that it would be very difficult for the workers to know all the sales that were going on.

On the ride back 20 minutes away, my husband was as flabbergasted as I was. We decided that since my money, my time, my thoughts, my feelings, all, just didn't matter. 1. My money means nothing. I should know what is on sale when... not for a person who works at the store -- they shouldn't be given the responsibility of knowing when an item is on sale. 2. My time, my feelings, I would have to drive 40 minutes in order to get the difference of what totals $20. During the ride we decided I would return all the products. We drove the 40 minutes back and forth. The manager nor the original team member was not around for us to speak with again. We wanted to tell them that we were returning all the product because of their callousness. I returned all the products with the girl indicating it would take approximately 3-5 days for the refund to go through on my debit card.

April 11: I still hadn't received my refund. I called 'Guest Services'. During that phone call, I was told that a refund could take 8 days but that she will escalate this. She ended it by saying that she would email me and if she doesn't email me, I could call back. April 12: No email. I called 'Guest Services'. This time I was told that Ulta could send me a check and I could receive it in (2) weeks. (This would get me to 4 weeks waiting for my own money). Hearing that I could potentially wait another (2) weeks I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was connected to Stevie **. He indicated that he would escalate the incident and he would be emailing me the status. He was very nice.

April 13: No call. No email. No refund. I call 'Guest Services' and immediately ask to speak with Stevie **. He indicated he was just going to be calling me. He has escalated the issue. It occurred to me to ask what "escalating" means. But I received no timing, nothing. Feeling like abused, I told him that I was not getting off the phone until he gave me some answers... all I wanted to know was when will I get MY money? I never got the answer. I knew he was unable to tell me certain things. I asked him to let me speak with someone above him. He indicated that he couldn't.

At the end of this conversation, he indicated that he would be working overtime - until 7 PM (CST) and that he was going to work on this situation. I told him that I was going to be calling back, he said no problem. I call him at 5 PM (EST) and I was told he had left for the day. I was fuming. Why am I getting the runaround? Why is everyone not telling the truth? I couldn't believe it and I was so angry. My husband started to make calls and he too got the runaround.

April 15: Received a call from Mia. She indicated that she was going to assist in the situation. I started with the fact that it was very hard for me to believe anyone from Ulta at this point. Mia went into an angry/scolding tone indicating that I was not allowing her to help me. At this point I had had it with Ulta telling me how to act and making me jump through hoops to get my own money. From what she indicated Ulta processes checks on Mondays and sends them out on Tuesdays. In all the calls I made no one had told me that. She said that she would be overnighting the check and would call me Tuesday, April 18, with the tracking information. April 18: No call from Mia.

I called Ulta 'Guest Services' and was rudely spoken to - again. I asked the status of my situation, she indicated that I needed to call my bank to find out the status of my refund. I then asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that there would be no point, that the supervisor would just be reiterating what she said. Her exact words were, "If you would like to hear the supervisor reiterate what I just told you, of course I will find one." WOW. Maybe 5-10 minutes later, George gets on the phone. He indicated that I was to receive a check. He placed me on a brief hold to contact Mia. He came back and said that Mia was going to be calling me as Chicago is 2 hours behind. April 19: Never received the call from Mia. I did receive an email with a tracking number.

I will never shop at Ulta again. I would love to speak with Corporate. I have never felt so demeaned in all of my life. I was brought up in a very old-fashioned world where CUSTOMERS actually mattered. Where even if the customer is wrong, there would be an apology. There would be the sense of feeling like the customer was treated great. After all isn't it my money that keeps Ulta open? I felt like I was lied to; made to jump through hoops of fire to get my money back; made to feel shame for asking for something that I would think is natural. My blood pressure rises every time I think of this.

I will NEVER GO BACK TO ULTA. I doubt my miserly dollars will make a difference but right now I don't care, I just can't imagine the treatment I received for purchasing a product not on sale. I like Stew Leonard's rock they have in front entrance of the store: Rules: #1. The customer is always right. #2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1. Too bad more businesses aren't this way. I hate being made to feel like companies are doing me a favor.

I LOVE cosmetics. I often buy things that I knowingly will rarely use. I'm not afraid to spend my money on these products. Since I've learned so much about them over the years, I'm happy to pass my experiences, and often my purchases, along to my friends and co-workers. Good customer service is a make or break deal for me. I will drive out of my way to go to a store (of any type) in which I receive good customer service. Conversely, I will withdraw my patronage to a nearby store for poor customer service. I'll also tell anyone I can about both good and bad customer service. Hence, this review.

I purchase most of my cosmetic items at Sephora, but occasionally at Ulta, since my nearest Sephora is a smaller location inside JCPenney. I purchased one line of products and experienced TWO quality issues. I went back to the Ulta location (on 441 in Wellington, FL) to advise the store, and to exchange the damaged products. The first associate was skeptical about my complaints but still called the manager over. That manager could not have cared less that the products my hard-earned money purchased from them were defective in any way. Since I'd purchased so many items over the past couple of years, I had a nice little rewards bank saved (too bad, their rewards program is so much better than Sephora's). I used that bank to get practically free replacement items, then advised I'd take my concerns to Ulta's corporate office.

Unfortunately, their corporate office had an attitude much like the store manager's. They too could not have cared less about my experience, the attitude of their manager/employees, or of my defective products. It then became obvious that the attitudes of the store employees directly reflected that of their corporate office. If you've had a good experience with Ulta, good for you. But I will never shop at any Ulta again and have told my friends, family and co-workers not to shop at Ulta. I get much better service, and the employees are a lot more knowledgeable at Sephora.

Is this going to cause a great financial hit to Ulta and have any effect on their bottom line? I seriously doubt it. But at least now I have the forum to speak, and if the time ever does come that the bottom line drops, perhaps they will look into the reasons why, and see that they probably lost some potentially loyal customers just by being jerks.

Long story short, I became a makeup enthusiast after an Ulta store opening up in my town. I spent over $2000 last year and I loved the variety of higher end makeup available and also the fact that I could purchase drugstores brands there as well. Well at first I didn't think much it, but they NEVER had the free gifts with purchase in stock nor the platinum member perks free items I would get offers for in emails. I was able to just go online and make a purchase there to receive my free gift or gift with purchase.

Well a year and a half later I've come to realize this is always the issue, they never have anything in stock. From products to free gifts, I'm just always told their shipment truck comes in on such and such day and to come back. As if that wasn't frustrating enough, now Ulta.com never has anything in stock online either!!! I will get an email for a product on sale or platinum perk free gift with purchase and go to try and place an order within a few hours of receiving the email it's already "temporarily out of stock!" Sad to say, but I probably won't be doing much more shopping at Ulta anymore, thankfully they opened a Sephora in my town just recently!

Had a very frustrating experience at Ulta Salon-va beach va-landstown commons-princess anne road location. Made appt for haircut and highlights for Saturday March 11. Went in, she proceeded to highlight my hair as we agreed based on pictures and discussion of shade of blonde I wanted. Being a natural dark blonde, I wrongly assumed this would be easy since I had never encountered a problem getting my hair to go light blonde. Fast forward, stylist mentions she is leaving at noon to go to her son's basketball game... Red flag... She finishes highlighting my hair, puts me under the dryer, checks it after 20 minutes and says it isn't what we were trying to accomplish and it's a very warm blonde instead of a natural blonde.

So basically my hair ended up being a yellowish, orangish brassy color. Her solution was to tone my hair to try to get closer to what I wanted but it didn't help at all. Knowing that she needed to leave soon to go to her son's game, she tells me to come back so we can do all of it all over again so I schedule an appt and pay my $201.00 bill which included haircut, highlights, and TONER!!! I paid $25 for the toner... Her attempt to fix my hair and I have to pay it! Are you kidding me? But this was just the beginning!

After having to live with this obnoxious yellow/orange hair for a week I went back and she highlights and tones again, so by this point my hair has undergone 4 harsh chemical processes in one week's time. She assures me my hair will be fine because she included some deep conditioning treatment with the bleach as she was highlighting. Wrong!!! Even though we were able to obtain the shade of blonde I wanted after 2 rounds, my hair ended up not looking highlighted at all and looked like I had solid light blonde color because of the 2 full rounds of highlights... Which completely defeated my purpose for doing this in the first place. My whole goal was to maintain a good part of my natural dark blond color to be accented by these highlights.

Now for the worst part after this second round of highlighting and toning she proceeds to print me out ANOTHER bill for $165.00!!! I nearly passed out from shock!!! She expected me to pay AGAIN!!!??? This would've made my total for the 2 times right under $400!!! Who in the heck does she think I am? I'm a stay at home Navy wife with kids... Did she really think we could afford the additional bill??? Not to mention the ridiculous amount of time I had to spend there a second time on top of driving to and from the salon, which is about 15 miles from my house!!! After I saw the bill I explained to her that I was under the impression I wasn't going to have to pay the second time since it was her attempt to fix what occurred after the first time, but she didn't see it like that.

She went into a back room and spoke to a manager and comes back out and says ok, we are just going to charge you $65 for the toner. Are you freaking kidding me? $65 for the toner? Then it was reduced down to $25 for the conditioning treatment I had no idea she had put in my hair. I told her I wasn't expecting to pay anything the second time and that my husband would die if he knew what I spent the first time. So she was like fine, I'll just void the ticket and answer to the manager. Making me feel like the bad guy because I didn't want to be out almost $400 for my hair! This was ridiculous and I will never step foot in an Ulta Salon. I would've been better off had I not gone in the first place because my hair is destroyed. It is literally like straw.

So I basically spent $221 (with tip) and about 7 hours of my life between driving back and forth and sitting in that chair for hours on end to have my hair ruined and not look anything like what I was going for. I would like some form of compensation for this god awful experience whether it be a gift card or point added to my rewards account because this was ridiculous and now I get to pay even more to buy high quality shampoo and conditioners that won't wreck my hair anymore than it already is!!!

I went into the Ulta in South Hill Puyallup, WA. Got a haircut and a balayage. The haircut was good but the balayage was horrible. My hair is chocolate brown and I wanted a lighter ashy brown, instead I got a reddish copper tone. I went back to get it "fixed" and now it's all dark... I didn't get the color I wanted and now it's unfixable.

Very bad. I have the promotion of 75.00 (for coloring, cut and comb) and the person who did told me that has 4 years of experience. But after he finished I have different spots of different colors in my head which says no experience at all and he didn't offered me any cut or anything. He didn't say a word. He could tell how disappointed I was but I didn't say anything because he say they were closing at 9 so he say "I can't iron your hair because it's late." But I pay 75.00 to ruin my hair.

On 3/3/17 my daughter went to the mall here in Cheyenne, Wyoming to her favorite store at the time (Ulta). She was on camera pulling her pants up in the back & was accused of stealing, she dropped her phone & was accused of throwing Ulta products when she thought she was being watched. The police were called & 3 officers approached her in the store and questioned her. They then accused her of stealing, said they saw on camera she put something in the back of her pants. She told them she was pulling up her pants in the back because she didn't want her bottom exposed when she bent over.

The police also told her she was seen throwing products down. She informed them she dropped her phone & she had no idea what they were even talking about & she told them she would never steal. They said they wanted to check her to make sure. Right there they frisked her whole body & found nothing. She told them she has spent hundreds of dollars on their products and enjoyed coming to see new makeup (peach) that she saw advertised. When I accompanied her on another trip to Ulta I was followed all over the store and the obviousness of the clerk following me was embarrassing and distracting while I was trying to shop.

I was so fed up with this that I informed the clerk at the register & promised I would never shop in Ulta again. I have never stolen and I am a 61 yr old woman. I am not impressed with the products once I saw the prices. I only use L'Oreal or Maybelline products. However, my soon to be 21 yr old daughter loved the store, the makeup and the online orders she made. She has spent many, many hundreds of dollars at Ulta, and I couldn't discourage her from shopping at Ulta.

There is a huge security contraption at the front door that will set off alarms if anything is stolen. Even with this as a deterrent for thieves the staff will still follow you around the store. She was banned from the store forever, & told if she dared to enter the store again she would be arrested. I am her mother and she called me crying & upset over this whole situation. Since I am her mother, some people will think, just because I am her mother I believe she wouldn't steal. Well, for those that think that, think again. I raised my kids to never steal & my husband is in law enforcement. Although, this is beside the point, my daughter is heartbroken, angry & embarrassed over this whole situation. She was not allowed to view this so-called camera view of her putting something in the back of her pants, or of her throwing articles away.

So with all of this, I am stating she was wrongly accused & embarrassed in front of the public in the store. She has never had a single problem with the law & was glad she could spend her own money to purchase what she wanted. What is this world coming to when a young woman innocently shops at a store & is accused of stealing, harassed & banned from a store? Ulta staff at this mall should be trained on an appropriate way to monitor for stealing & the accused should be given the opportunity to see whatever the camera shows. An apology is not enough for this situation & I think it is absolutely horrible what they did to my daughter.

I have shopped in their stores for years and have always been very happy. But I needed an item in a pinch and my local store was sold out so I purchased it online with expedited shipping and then discovered it was in stock at another store. I called within 10 minutes of placing my order to cancel it and even informed them that I was still purchasing with Ulta, just in person instead of online. They said that they just started doing cancellations about 4 months ago (what??) and that they could send a cancellation request and that there was only a 50/50 chance that it would be approved and that it would take 24 hours to hear back on whether or not it went through.

Considering I paid for expedited shipping it was highly likely that my order would process and ship before their cancellation "request" was even seen. They also said to just return the items if they were shipped. Well it's not the item cost I am concerned about, it's the no longer needed expedited shipping cost that cannot be refunded. Ulta is a major beauty retailer and I am highly disappointed in their online shopping experience and it will likely deter me from ever shopping there in the future whether in person or online. Such a shame because I really did enjoy shopping with them but until their customer service quality matches their product quality, I will not be back.

I have been a loyal Ulta customer for years and recently became an Ultamate Rewards Credit Card holder. Their rewards program is the best! Points translate to cash off your purchase and they add up fast. I am always satisfied with my experience shopping online and in store. I received a 20% off coupon email the day after I placed a large order. I emailed customer service expressing my dissatisfaction and was refunded the difference the following day. That's how great customer service is done!

I had a very very important event on February 14, 2017 that I was willing to double the amount of money I normally pay for my six week coloring to get my original coloring back to a light brown with blonde champagne highlights. My current hairdresser I used for a long time the last three times used the wrong formulation color card from a long time ago. I don't know if my original color card got lost I used for years got lost or what but the last three times my new color card of red and dark brown was used.

So rather than risking a chance I asked for the best colorist at Ulta. Said I had a picture and would thus be able to be accommodated. Well for well over double the cost yes. So I went because nearly every hairdresser I have been to can do this color for half the price. Well I admit I was worried when I saw she was ** but I thought well worst thing that would happen would be a bad style. Well I'm sure she was high on ** or something. She moved so fast it was beyond me.

Well normally because I have long hair I have gel and cotton put on my face to prevent dye from messing up my face. This did not happen. I ended up with burns so bad on my face I have pictures on my face. OMG. My hair is as black only a few strands of glittery gold come through. Washing is only making it worse. Turning it purple black red. Then it cost more than I was told. I tried to be as polite to her manager Courtney but all I got was this woman would start over and redo it. Over my dead body. Plus the salon is freezing. Nothing relaxing there. Worst most hateful experience I ever had.

She was going to send me home with wet hair because it took her so long. I said no way. So I waited about forty minutes to get my hair dried and styled. This is Minnesota. Most horrible experience of my life with hair. I could have went to a beautiful salon with a relaxing atmosphere and and non-drugged colorist. Disgusting. And then to get called back by her when I specifically send to the higher manager I did not want to talk to her I had pictures of all of this. Don't go there. Run. Run run.

At least three times at two different Ultas, they were out of the "free sample" with purchase. With the disclaimer - while supplies last. If Sephora carried the products, I would have purchased them at Sephora. The last time, I told the store manager, if you are out of the specific sample, I want a substitute. The staff was peeved, that I wanted replacements, but agreed since I said in line with customers behind me, "why are you always out of the samples?"

Then, they pulled out the samples and tried to pawn junk off on me. I said "that is junk, I do not want that sample. What else do you have?" They reluctantly pushed the junk away and gave me the good product samples. And I took three, as I got one for each purchase. They were visibly annoyed, that I was getting the good free samples. Next time, I am reporting them to my state Consumer Affairs department. This is not a coincidence. The store manager admitted that were out of the samples the prior week of a two week sale. So why didn't she order more?

Ulta Beauty Company Profile