ulta.com

3.8/5 (331 ratings)

About Ulta Beauty

Ulta Beauty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ulta Beauty?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Went in to look at different brands of make up Dominque stepped in help me choose a brand called Clinique she did a color match for me and I left out the store feeling amazing with this perfect match she did. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I placed an online order for same day in store pickup. The system kept bumping me out saying my session timed out yet I had been continually completing the requested info. Order finally went through and when I received the email confirmation 5 minutes later it noted that my order was being shipped to my home. I immediately called customer service to have it rectified and was disconnected from their phone system 3 times after starting my conversation with an agent and being placed on hold. Finally after explaining the situation they advised that they couldn’t correct my order for store pickup nor could they even cancel order less than 1/2 hour after originally processed. I asked to speak to manager and she was also less than helpful and full of empty platitudes. Asked to speak with manager and told the supervisor was highest ranking support agent available and there was nothing they could do to help.

Now I have over a $100 of supplies being delivered in 8-10 days and had to go to Dillards and purchase the same items so I had them that day which is what I wanted in the first place. I have shopped with Ulta for many years and never felt this frustrated and undervalued especially for mistakes in processing made by Ulta. I will be hard pressed to shop with Ulta again. This was a very simple issue to rectify and didn’t need to end with an escalating sense of frustration and me having to spend an extra $100 to receive what I set out to purchase on a system that should have aided in my convenience. SO DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I had my hair hi lighted, cut, style by Theresa at Ulta in Allentown, Pa. She was supposed to be a senior stylist. She did not apply the blonde color hi lights I wanted. Did not do a patch test of the product she was putting on my hair. She asked me if she could cut my hair with a razor. I never had a razor cut before but she’s supposed to be a senior stylist so I let it up to her. She also suggested thinning my hair out some because it was thick. Well after I washed my hair and every time I brushed or combed my hair, handfuls of hair was falling out. I went back to Ulta 5 different times to speak with Theresa and she was never there. The other operators or store personnel just gave me the run around. One even told me she didn’t work there anymore but her operating license was still hanging at her work station.

I contacted Ulta Corporate office 6 weeks ago asking for a refund for this service and NO ONE HAS GOTTEN BACK TO ME. I had to go to another hair specialist who gave me a shorter hair cut to help better and even growth to see if my volume and thickness will come back. She says it will in about 1 year. So I'm washing my hair and using conditioner to add volume and thickness for the first time in my life. Theresa and Ulta have literally ruined my hair.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

So don't ever ever ever buy gift cards from them. They take your money and then never actually put it on the card. Filing a complaint with my credit card company to get my money back. After 7 calls, 20 emails no resolution at all. What a joke. Don't offer gift cards unless you want to continue to steal from people, literally STEAL. Others have had the same experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Switching to Sephora! Placed an order the other day during the skincare specials. The items are 50% off. Today I went to my app to see if items shipped and the order wasn't there. Called customer service and was on with them for 40 minutes while they tried to find it. Was told there could've been a computer glitch. Asked to speak to supervisor and was told by Jessica (the supervisor) that they can't honor my order and I would have to pay full price! All she kept saying was "I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do." I've been a diamond member and have been for over 5 years. I buy a lot of products from Ulta! I have never asked them to honor a price adjustment esp for an item did purchase during the special! Being a loyalty customer for all these years I would expect them to have given me the benefit of the doubt and honor the sale price of the order I placed that somehow now can't be found! Ulta just lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Customer service is awful! I will never, ever buy products from this company again! Refused to refund or reship an item shipped to wrong address because they said it was successfully delivered and not returned! It was less than $30! So, I am out the money and products. Shame on them! I am sure they can afford to ship my products but guess they would rather lose business instead.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I'll keep this extremely short and to the point. I purchased x4 100 gift cards for my wife so that she was able to buy a Dyson Hair dryer. They are sold out in the store and the online app does not allow more than one gift card to be used. After sitting in the store for another hour they informed me that ordering even at the store would only allow 1 gift card to be used. Question. Why do you sell gift cars at all, your software limitations should not be getting in the way of customer service. In 2021 I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a way to figure this out. We now have $400 worth of useless gift cards as this was the exact reason they were used as a gift in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

The worst customer service I have ever had to deal with! It’s like dealing with a robot. They just keep repeating themselves and do not solve the problem. Their attitude and the way they speak to you are nasty! And if you email them, it’s the same response, generic, in every email sent. I Will never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

This is the second year I bought a fragrance to get the Robe or blanket they advertise and they never have them. The worst thing is when I went to the store in El Paso, TX (Sunland Park) and asked to get the gift, the cashier and the manager were rude and they said, "We can just give you one of those little samples", I think it was oil or something. Not happy at all because is not the first time and plus instead of trying to be nice, it looked to me like "here you go, get out of our faces". This happened on the evening of 12/10/2021.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Received the merchandise in Florida that belong in a home in New Jersey. The customer service is terrible, they only can't tell me that I received my materials because the track says so. Name on the box mine, name of the items inside someone else. Clueless customer service reps, can assist you. Terrible service. Who works without a supervisor this days. After waiting for 20 minutes on line for a Manager they return with the lie that they don't have one. Appalling service. My mistake that I did not reviewed the hundred negative review Ulta Beauty has before ordering online.

Ulta Beauty Company Information