2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

3.9/5 (96 ratings)

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiffany & Co.?

Original review: July 20, 2021

My husband bought me a necklace for my birthday. The chain broke within 30 days. I have a Tiffany store 15 mins from my house. I went on two separate occasions to try and get my chain fixed and was ignored both times as though I was invisible. No one would help me. So I opted to take care of the repair via Tiffany.com and filled out the form and paid to have it shipped to Tiffany in New York. I shipped via USPS with priority shipping which is tracked and insured. I put the broken chain and heart charm in the teal Tiffany box. I put the teal Tiffany box inside of a Ziploc bag. I put the Ziploc bag inside of the USPS box.

A week later I got an email from Tiffany indicating that they received my package and that they would repair the broken chain and replace the MISSING heart charm for $139. #1 The heart charm was never missing. It was most certainly included and secured in the packaging. #2 The cost of the necklace itself was less than $200 and now you want me to pay $139 to fix a broken chain and replace a heart charm that you clearly lost or confiscated? I don't think so. I will never do business with Tiffany again. Wal-Mart has better customer service than this.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Less than a year ago, I ordered and gave my daughter the 18" beaded chain in sterling silver. While I was clasping the necklace for her, the last bead that attaches the clasp to the rest of the necklace broke. I sent the necklace in to Tiffany and Co. for repair and was told that I would be charged $75 for the repair. Even though I purchased it less than a year ago, I was told to keep in mind that sterling silver is a soft metal and that the breakage is normal wear and tear. I was even told that it broke because it was "yanked," which is not true. My daughter is 17, was very careful with that necklace, and only wore it a handful of times on special occasions; it broke while I was clasping it for her! The quality (and service) is not what I expected from the Tiffany and Co. brand.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I received the infinity blue enamel bracelet for my birthday a year and a half ago. The top piece of the blue enamel piece fell off so I brought it to the Tiffany’s store to have it fixed. It was sent to New York and they emailed me a quote of $55. I processed payment with my credit card to just receive another email with another quote of $225! I called and spoke to them in person. I said this is poor quality and unacceptable for them to charge me this much where I might as well buy a new bracelet! The associate said she would talk to her manager then called me at a later time to say the charges are valid! I told them to send my bracelet back to me and I would never buy anything from them ever again! I went to the store to pick up my bracelet and told him the same thing! All they could say is “I’m sorry to hear that.”

I haven’t even worn it for two years yet and it fell apart already! I keep this piece and want to fix it simply because it has sentimental value to me since it was given to me by my dearest friend otherwise I would’ve thrown it in the trash! So buyers be aware! I own a few pieces of Tiffany’s jewelry but their quality has badly declined. I would not invest in this brand ever again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

During the summer I purchased a rose gold chain link bracelet that was 7,900.00 after taxes. Since I am super athletic every day, I only wore it on special occasions literally three times in 6 months. I noticed that the clasp was loose and that the interior two bars inside the clasp had a strange bend to them. After spending close to 8000.00, I was so upset. I called customer service to see if I could exchange it out, but they insisted on me sending it in for a repair and to be reviewed. I sent the bracelet in immediately, dated 3/1/2021. I have only received one email confirming they have received the item. There is zero communication and I have to be the one calling them about a returned item explaining to them that just fixing it ruins the authenticity of the very expensive 6 month old bracelet.

I explained that I wanted a replacement sent to me. They said that repairs and customer service would get back to me. They never did. They treat their customers like second class citizens, as if 8000.00 is just no big deal and that my purchase has no meaning to them. The snottiness to this company is alarming at best. I just can't believe the way they treat their high paying customers! I just wanted and hoped they would do the right thing, to this day 3/14/2021, not a word from them about how they are going to make this situation right for a customer! I was planning on buying another 18K gold chainlink bracelet like my Rose gold but since this experience, I will never purchase again from Tiffany! Order **.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The silver tarnishes faster than any other silver. The company promised to clean jewelry. Now it is charging $35/piece of jewelry to clean their crappy jewelry. When this was brought to their attention, they said it is fair market value. Their silver is overpriced crap and to charge us to clean it is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Not impressed. Stopped by today to have my mesh ring serviced. One small mesh area is raised, clearly a defect. I was informed it is a $100 charge. That seems like terrible customer service. Your jewelry shouldn’t do this with normal wear. Sad to say goodbye.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I paid way too much for a graduation present for my daughter. The Tiffany green enamel necklace. One year later it looks dark brown and there is no way to clean it. It is permanently dark brown. Tiffany and Co will not fix or replace it. What a disappointment. What a waste of money.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I began shopping online for a graduation gift for my daughter on 5/6, but a very large number of items (everything I liked) were out-of-stock. I gave them a pass because of the virus and settled on a toggle bracelet, size M, with a gift message. I ordered it on 5/7 and I expected It to take longer due to virus, but didn't think it would take 12 days days to throw an in-stock item into a box and mail within US. For the entire 12 days, I returned to the site to check the progress and it always said "processing." I decided to give it a few days before I called because I figured they were short staffed. On 5/19 (two days after the graduation), it still said "processing" on the site. I was getting ready to call when Fed-Ex pulled up with it.

My daughter ran outside when I told her it was for her and was overjoyed when she saw the Tiffany box (her first). There was a gift card inside that was supposed to have a sweet message from me, but it was blank. She went to put the bracelet on her normal-sized wrist (not overweight, smaller wrist than most of her friends) and it was too small to even clasp (obviously a small).

None of this is the end of the world, but when you're charging for the Tiffany's name and experience (bracelet alone is definitely not worth the price), you should deliver on that. Instead, my kid got a bracelet that didn't fit, two days after she already graduated, with no special card. We sent the bracelet back today and she has decided on a necklace instead. Hopefully the next transaction is better.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I purchased the tag bracelet and choker necklace. I really think that for the price you should be able to get it engraved for free. The fact you can drop it off to have it polished mad clean is a great plus. You will not be disappointed with these items!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Years of Excellence, quality, tradition, reputation that is known the world over. Tiffany and Co. is a household name, they have everything from A to Z in terms of anything. The class of this firm beats even Cartier, again the biggest selling point is the years of experience and reputation and not forgetting the Brand.

Tiffany & Co. author review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in New York, Tiffany & Co. is a company that sells luxury jewelry, fragrances, accessories, watches and leather goods. While known for outstanding products, Tiffany is particularly well-known for offering stunning and high-quality diamond jewelry.

• Legacy: The company was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the most outstanding luxury brands ever created. They have great brand recognition, which comes from their timeless logo and their signature blue box.

• Free return shipping: Returning jewelry to Tiffany is always free, and the company lets customers return pieces by mail at no cost.

• Wedding and gift registry: Customers can take advantage of a simple online wedding and gift registry where they can register for gifts they want to receive, making shopping easier for gift givers.

• Diamond experts: The company has a large number of diamond experts on staff to help customers pick out the right diamond products for any occasion or person. Customers can communicate with these experts through e-mail, online form, telephone or by visiting Tiffany & Co.'s brick and mortar retail stores at many locations throughout the world.

• Outstanding watch selection: In addition to its traditional jewelry selection, the company offers a huge selection of watches made out of precious metals, many of which have beautiful gemstones in them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team