2. Shopping

TaylorMade Golf

TaylorMade Golf
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

TaylorMade Golf manufactures golf clubs, golf bags and other golf accessories, including T-shirts, gloves, hats, visors, headcovers and travel gear. The company’s loyalty rewards program gives customers points for every dollar they spend. Referring a friend or signing up for the newsletter also nets you points.

TaylorMade Golf Learn More

Unsubscribe at any time.

TaylorMade Golf Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TaylorMade Golf?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TaylorMade?

Original review: June 30, 2020

Called TaylorMade about the crack and was told it was out of warranty of 2 years. I assumed that a titanium driver would not crack. They made no offer to repair or replace. I have been golfing for 50 years and have never seen or heard of a driver head cracking much less a titanium one. I am very disappointed with Taylormade and will not be purchasing any more of their products. Their customer service was not servicing their customer.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Purchased the latest set of P790 irons late February and was informed at the day of purchase it would be a 2 weeks delivery on the order. After a 2 week period I called the store of purchase and was informed that they had contacted TaylorMade and was informed that the shafts were the hold up. Called Taylormade customer service myself that same day was informed they could not get entry into the system, but would follow-up with me via email. Next day no follow up, contacted customer service again and this time was informed the heads were the hold up and delivery would be first week in March. It's sad when a major club manufacturer takes over a month to delivery an expensive set of irons, glad I'm not on tour.

Get buying tips about Golf Club Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I purchased a brand new M2 driver in May of 2018. In October of 2019, less than two years from the date of purchase, I noticed a rattle in the head. Also, the carbon fiber crown of the club was loose causing the ball to feel very strange and also the sound of the club to be very off. I noticed a lower trajectory and loss of power. Took the defective club back to Golf Galaxy where the club fitter told me that TM had refused to replace the club saying that it was too old. Their warranty is two years, the club was brand new in plastic less than two years ago. I have never thrown, slammed, or otherwise neglected the club and this is clearly a case of a product being defective.

TM has lost my business for life as I have heard of a number of other customers experiencing similar issues. How you cannot stand behind your product is beyond me. I even recommended this driver to three others who purchased it before it fell apart, this will never happen again. Do not buy TM products, they are flimsy and the support behind them is nonexistent. It seems to me that all they care about is turning a quick profit.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I bought one dozen TP5X balls to play in tournaments. I paid the retail price of 45 USD. The first sleeve seemed easy to wear but not as noticeable as the second one. After 1 driver hit I notice a sharp point protruding through the dimple edge. Nothing I did to cause this to happen and once I finished the hole played another ball. Very disappointed in this purchase since previous plays with this model and brand held up much better. Purchased at Dunham's Sporting goods in summer of 2019.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased my first set of clubs (TaylorMade M4s) in July 2018 and after 5 months my pitch wedge head flew off after taking a shot. I noticed on a few of the other clubs 6, 7, and 9 that the heads were slipping. I returned the set of irons back to American Golf where I purchased them from and was told I would either receive an upgraded set or have my set back once repaired. I had my clubs returned and the first time I used them I got to the 10th tee and my 6 iron head flew off.

I have asked for a full refund but been told by American Golf they can only send the clubs back to TaylorMade to be repaired. TaylorMade have said they will repair the 6 iron but I think it’s only fair after having this happen twice that I either have a new set of irons or my money back. I was misled the first time by American Golf in that they said I may receive an upgrade which TaylorMade said would never happen and I feel let down by TaylorMade with repairs that clearly have not worked. It’s a shame because these clubs started my golf with great results only to be let down by the retailer and the manufacturer. I have since booked a fitting with my club pro shop and hope to buy a reliable set of irons that will last more than 7 months.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Seriously aggravated! TaylorMade dragging feet. Still no replacement! Bought a brand new TaylorMade M1 from PGA Tour Superstore on May 17 2018. While playing on Jun 29 2018 the shaft broke just above the hosel. As you can imagine I was quite upset that my barely 1 month old $400 driver broke. However, I returned it to PGA thinking they will handle it. After showing them the club they told me that TaylorMade would not warranty the shaft. I stated that this was a brand new club and insisted they do something. A manager was called up and he reassured me that they would take care of me, but first let's send it to TaylorMade. I was told the call would be put that day and they would call me the next day to let me know. Three days later when I call the store the call had never been placed to TaylorMade.

The manager John ** called them and called me back to let me know that TaylorMade would do the warranty and my club would be ready in 10 days. This was July 5th. I was in the store shopping on the 12th and I saw John. I asked him to check on the status and he called TaylorMade again. They said it will be there Tuesday 16th. On the 16th I got a call from PGA saying they couldn't find my new shaft and would call me back. Today (Thursday July 19th, 17 days after handing them my club) I stop by to find out what is going on. I have plans for playing this weekend and I don't have a driver. Pam at PGA called TaylorMade again and now is told that the shaft hasn't even shipped yet. I'm so mad at PGA and Taylormade! I'm well within my 90 days of play and wasn't offered any options to be made whole or even pay to upgrade by the folks at PGA!

I think that is bad customer loyalty. Also I bought a TaylorMade product because they are supposed to stand by their product. I understand things happen, but I'm not a country club member with a spare set of clubs sitting around. I need my driver that I paid $400 for to last longer than 40 days. The only reason they get any stars is because the manager John ** at PGA is so polite, but I'm sorry to say that polite doesn't get my driver in my hand.

Hopefully my story (rant) will prepare you for the disastrous problems, wait time, and frustrations you are likely to have if your brand spanking new, only used six times club breaks. And as far as the first manager at PGA (Tim? I think) saying they would take care of me... Failed! I do not feel taken care of! Any for TaylorMade I really liked your product line but there are other big names with comparable products that I can use if you customer service continues to be subpar.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bought 2017 TaylorMade M2 iron set. This set (4-gap) were used but in brand new condition. Because I have played TaylorMade clubs before and respected their good name. I paid $500 for these clubs. Less than a month later and the face inserts are coming out of the clubs. TaylorMade customer service refuses to help me because I didn’t buy them new. Their suggestion is to buy a new set from them. I’m very disappointed in the lack of customer service from a company that refuses to stand behind their product. I play golf four times a week at a local country club. I will be going back to Callaway Clubs from now on. Shame on you TaylorMade.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered a new set of irons online which stated that custom orders could take 3 to 4 business day to be sent out. I called the customer service # 7 days after my order and was told, "yeah they should be working on them now and it will be about a week more". I was also told, "Sorry they was on back order." It should state that when you order and not intentionally mislead the consumer. I am very disappointed in TaylorMade customer service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

When I first held them they felt firm and well balanced. When swinging the irons you can tell the balance and your first ball hit was solid. Now I have to correct my swing! I am a shorter person and needed the correct club lengths. There was plenty of variety within the model I needed. They are perfect for my dimensions and height. Just make sure that our measured. Although slightly more expensive than some others, the value is worth it when you can step into a new set of clubs with a little practice and take off two strokes. As noted, with any different set of clubs it takes a little breaking in time to get use to them. Very easy to get use to and I especially like their standard grips.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

It really slices and hits the ball very well. I couldn't ask for anything else from a club and I'd recommend it to all my friends and tell them everything they wanna know about these clubs and how spectacular they are. I love the variety of golf clubs TaylorMade has and how very satisfied I am from the products I have purchased from TaylorMade and couldn't ask for a better club and products. The value of TaylorMade is top notch and brings you to the top of your game when you go there to hit the links and no better value than a TaylorMade. The ease and use of TaylorMade is beyond comparison. I'm very happy that I have a TaylorMade. Who could get any better than these clubs? So easy to use and all what you ask for.

TaylorMade author review by ConsumerAffairs

TaylorMade Golf was founded in 1979 selling a single, innovative product: a 12-degree driver that was cast entirely of stainless steel. Today, TaylorMade Golf has expanded to sell clubs of all kinds along with accessories. They partner with adidas Golf, Adams Golf and Ashworth Golf and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the adidas Group.

• Club recommender: Perfect for beginners or intermediates who are ready for customized clubs, TaylorMade’s club recommender takes customers through a series of questions about their typical golf game to find the perfect set of clubs. Use the recommender to find irons or a driver.

• The Custom Shop: Intermediate and advanced players who want their clubs customized will appreciate the additional attention they receive through TaylorMade’s online Custom Shop. This is also the place where left-handed golfers can order customized left-handed clubs.

• Junior clubs: TaylorMade sells junior golf sets, specially designed for kids ages five through eight and nine through twelve. These sets are specifically designed to support junior golfers, from grips developed to meet the needs of smaller hands to flexible and weight-optimized shafts that help junior players with control and consistency.

• TaylorMade Golf Experience (TMGE): The TMGE is located on the Las Vegas strip and is home to the Flight Deck Performance Center. Here you can test out the most advanced TaylorMade equipment available for free. While you’re there, you can also get fit for your clubs like a Tour Pro.

• TaylorMade pre-owned: Save some money by purchasing pre-owned TaylorMade golf clubs on their website. Buy clubs of all types, including left-handed, right-handed, men’s and women’s.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team