2. Shopping
Target Stores

Target Stores

4.1/5 (3788 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Top Target Stores Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Verified

Target provides great value for a wide variety of products. … The seasonal products are often unique and of very good quality. Pet products are priced below Pet Smart & PetCo. Fin...

Verified

When I need something quick or just to browse and shop ideas are endless at Target… The housing bay of clean shopping carts, clean bathrooms at the front entry and HR resources in...

What is Target?

Target is a big-box retailer known for its affordability and wide selection of products. The store boasts everyday low prices, but it also offers weekly deals, clearance prices and other in-store markdowns. Customers who hold a RedCard credit or debit card can save an extra 5% on their purchases. RedCard holders also get exclusive offers and deals to save even more.

Target makes customer experience a top priority. Stores have spacious and uncluttered aisles for both customer comfort and ease of access. Employees frequently perform zone sweeps to ensure shelving is neat and properly stocked.

What does Target do?

Target offers customers a variety of mid- to high-quality products at affordable prices. Customers can find many reliable brands at Target, including Dyson, KitchenAid, Apple and many more trusted names. The company also has its own brands in nearly every category. These brands include Market Pantry, Archer Farms, Threshold, Boots & Barkley, Up & Up and Xhilaration.

With such a variety of brands, Target provides customers with options to fit almost any budget for nearly any purchase. Whether you’re decorating a dorm room, investing in long-term needs for your home, refreshing your wardrobe, prepping for a party or looking to fill your pantry, you can find most everything you need with one trip to Target.

Target prices

The amount of money you spend at Target will greatly depend on the type of purchase you’re making. The grab-and-go area of Bullseye’s Playground at store entrances presents you with neat finds for just a couple of dollars. You can find clothing staples for as little as $5, or build a full outfit for less than $100.

Target carries several brands, so there is something for every budget. For example, if Threshold home decor is out of your price range, Room Essentials might be a better fit. You can find various brands for everything from coffee makers to cookware, vacuums to televisions and more.

Target also regularly offers great deals on their flyer items, and customers can often find in-store markdowns. Regular Target shoppers may want to consider a RedCard to save an extra 5%.

Target FAQ

What kind of a store is Target?
Target is a general merchandise retailer. It’s a superstore that carries a variety of brands, product lines and product types.
How many stores does Target have?
According to the corporate website, Target has 1,880 stores in the U.S. It has stores in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Can you order from Target online?
Target does have online ordering. Along with standard shipping, customers can choose same-day delivery, in-store pickup or curbside pickup.
Does Target have stores in other countries?
Target has several offices globally but no other stores. Target attempted an expansion to Canada in 2013, but the attempt was ultimately unsuccessful; all stores were closed by April 2015.

Is Target a good company?

Target is an excellent company to shop with. It prioritizes customer experience, so it’s easy to feel like you’re not in a big-box store while still saving money. Target is a popular choice for almost any shopping need, and you see that popularity across social media. Target carries both popular brand names and its own brands, which means they have products at multiple price points. There are also ways to save, such as the Target RedCard. Overall, Target provides an enjoyable and affordable shopping experience.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 18, 2021

I've been looking for new and trendy apparels for my casual wear home fashion. I never look out for the Target after reading the customer reviews. But believe me after I shopped from Target and bought my PJs and t shirts, honestly those reviews now seem to be fake. I was bombed with a huge collection of apparels to choose from. All the fresh arrivals have a mix of decent, trending, coolio choices. I must say Target is doing a great job along with offering discount codes to online coupon sites. I also found $20 Target coupon from **. They have valid and working codes. I am absolutely satisfied with the Target collection of apparels along with working discount codes.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I was shopping at Target and the store was organized and had a good experience, fair prices on certain items, sale racks do not show final price on tag. Needs to pay attention to the shopping carts, I noticed several broken ones, the one we had was dirty and it had a sharp edge that could cause a injury to a child and the seat part where my daughter sat was broken. Gave to the man receiving the carts and made him aware and he pushed it with the other carts for someone else to use. The lady at the register was really nice and polite.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2021

My visit is always amazing when I go into Target. There’s a older lady name Ann who greets me with a smile each time I see her. Her presence is overwhelming and pleasant. She can direct you to whatever it is that you need to wherever you need to go. It’s just seeing her smile captivates me every time. Besides customer service is awesome, the cashiers serve you with a smile and whatever you’re looking for you can find it. If you can’t find it the store associates will make sure to see if they have anything in stock. Just the atmosphere itself and going into target is different from going to see any other place. As a avid shopper at target I will continue to do my shopping and will continue to recommend it. The best store ever!!! Target is our family meet up store!!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Most of the Targets I visit are very well maintained (clean, organized, well-staffed.) It's very easy to find things throughout the store, I feel like the selection is very broad and varied, and I enjoy shopping at Target. The in-house up & up brand is often very competitively priced and I've never had any issues buying generic. A lot of the clothes are cute, too, and I always find myself discovering a new cleaning or cooking product that becomes indispensable. My only hesitation is that I am aware that Target shows their employees a lot of anti-union content to discourage the retail employees from unionizing and I don't really like that and I have discomfort about spending money with an union-busting retailer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I have been to a lot of grocery stores in my lifetime. I have Publix (too expensive), Walmart (hit and miss) and TARGET. Target is always clean and a lot of customer service around to help. I love that they have outside of the box items. And their own brand is excellent. I have never been sorry for shopping and getting an extra 5% off with a Red Card. I also have become friends with the pharmacy staff and they are the best around. I love the superstore grocery, I can get all my shopping needs done at one time. Always nice to try new products and if they don't sell fast they will move them out. Love Target brand of coffees, Peppermint and Double chocolate are my fav. I always feel safe at the store. My Target has an upstairs parking deck, which is great when raining. Yes, I would say I love my Target!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

MJ has only web-chat for tech support. Long wait & time-consuming service. When problem not resolved and I wanted to return new device, Tech Support told me to talk to Billing, and vice versa. Nothing resolved.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I placed an order at the beginning of October for some photo prints. Today is 10.14.21 and I am still waiting on that. I was trying to get those prints before my trip out of the country, I am leaving today without photos. Do not bother to order photo prints from Target is going to take forever, look for other alternatives BUT Target.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Terrible service. Do not shop here! Ordered same day pick up at store. Told it would take up to 2 hours to process. 2.5 hours later I stopped by the store. Order still not processed. Told I could wait but no guarantee they would get to it before closing. Staff had no interest in fulfilling the order. Will not shop at Target anymore.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

This is one of several visits I have made to Target's app to try and make a purchase. Firstly, search results leave a lot to be desired. Search for something and get results that have nothing to do with what you are looking for. Search with different key words and it gets more aggravating and more irrelevant. Then, if you do find things you'd like, there is a guessing game on shipping costs. Some items qualify for free shipping and some don't. Listen Target, most shoppers don't have time to play "does it or doesn't it qualify for free shipping games". I can understand why Amazon is so successful online, like the company or not. It's a very simple process without wasting time. If Target would put as much emphasis on making their business more convenient for the public rather than more convenient for Target then maybe their online sales would should increases like Amazon's does. TO the CEO, worry more about improving online customer service than forcing divisive cultural issues down the public's throat!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I ordered school supplies online and was given estimated delivery date. The next day I received an email that my delivery is delayed... This happens every time I order online from Target.com. I'm not happy with their online business.

Target Stores Company Information