Sierra Trading Post

• 1%
  • 1%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I have been a loyal customer of Sierra Trading Post since 2006, spending thousands of dollars on their products. I rarely have to return items because I know my sizes well, and most of the time, the fit is perfect for me. However, my recent purchase of hiking pants and shoes was a complete disaster. Despite my weight remaining the same, neither the shoes nor the pants fit me at all. I requested a return, sent the items back with the provided label, only to discover that I never received a refund. The lack of concern for my loyalty and the years I have spent with them is appalling. I asked for a credit to use on future purchases, but they refused to provide one. The customer service was unhelpful, with no option to escalate my complaint to a higher-ranking representative. The whole experience was cold and rude. I will be taking my business elsewhere, and I strongly advise others to do the same.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 25, 2024

At one time, before being bought-out by the big boxers, Sierra Trading was great. Now, there seems to be something wrong with each order. For example, receiving seconds, when nothing in the description mentioned seconds. Today, my size 11M Merrill Mohave shoes arrived in an 11M box, but the size in the box was a Wide. Plus, they were oil stained. The last time I contacted their customer service, the employee was extremely rude. I will just live with these and take Sierra Trading off my list for future purchases.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Order pair of shoes on 5/10/24. 5/14, finally it ships. Then 5/20, we receive a pair of shoes, but completely the wrong item. Submit request to return that requires us to front the cash for the return shipping (which they will allegedly refund later), I reorder the shoes on 5/21, on 5/25 still the order has not shipped. Turnaround is horribly slow and any return regardless of fault causes the consumer to do the vast majority of the work. Get it together guys...

Reviewed April 20, 2024

2-3 _days_ to process an e-gift card. Literally 2-3 days longer than absolutely every other place I've ordered an e-gift card from, from the smallest to the largest companies online. They've somehow managed to make an e-gift card inconvenient, and set the bar low by an almost exponential amount. No customer support on weekends either outside of a garbage support bot.

PriceReliability

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I ordered a sleeping bag as a gift for my adult child a few weeks before they were going to leave on a backpacking trip. The specifications said the bag weighed 2.5 pounds which is what they wanted to carry. When the trip date started getting close, I decided to open the box and found the bag to weigh nearly four pounds. I didn't want a refund just the lighter bag. The company makes two bags with the same temperature rating but with different weights. I was told that Sierra would not do returns nor refunds after 30 days. I told them that I would not have even bought the bag if they entered the correct data about this bag. They got the two bags confused in their specifications and want me to eat the cost of their mistake. The other bags are sold out now on their site, so I guess they are set to move other things.

I have purchased from Sierra for 18 years but no longer. Oh, and I ordered the right bag from Walmart online, and they had it at my door in 48 hours for five dollars cheaper. BEWARE, Sierra Trading is not being run as a reliable discount outfitter like they used to be. I hope their strategies change, and they become more reliable in the future; for now, I am done with doing business with them!!

Reliability

Reviewed April 3, 2024

I write this review with regret but I feel it is important for others to avoid the same trap. I purchased a pair of shoes online. I have purchased this brand (Merrell) many times and the fit is always the same. When the shoes arrived they were clearly defective and were not manufactured correctly. To return the defective merchandise they sold me, they also charge $8.99 to return it to them! They sell me a defective pair of shoes and then charge me $9 to return them! Outrageous! Sierra, congratulations, you have permanently lost a customer and I will make sure to spread the word to my friends.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 2, 2024

First found out about Sierra while out of town shopping. Loved the brands and discounts. Thought I’d try the online derive. Disappointed is an understatement. I was harassed and accused of trying to cheat them out of a product. It came USPS and I have to drop off FedEx. The product came 2 weeks later and damaged. I’ll stick with the brick and mortar if I get a chance to visit them again.

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I just received an order made on Sunday March 05, and all was very good, excellent timing and the quality of products are like they described. I’m very pleased with my order. Thank you so much Sierra.com...

Reviewed March 1, 2024

An item was missing from my order. CS refused to expedite shipping even after I told them I needed it by a specific date and it was their fault for not including it. I was a customer for decades, thousands spent. Never again.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

We returned an order that was the wrong size. They sent us a FedEx shipping label. When FedEx picked the package up, it weighed 1 lb. When the package was received by Sierra, the package was empty. Sierra is refusing to refund our money! FedEx is refunding the shipping charge to Sierra, but we are out! They'll issue us a gift card, for less than what the item was! Not happy at all! Don't buy from this company!

Sierra Trading Post Company Information