3.27/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 8, 2018

15 Sierra Trading Post Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2018

Read the other reviews. Sierra Trading Co sent me two pairs of pants that were much smaller than marked. I called and they told me to send them and if I was telling the truth, they would refund my money. I sent them back, they refunded $19 of the $24 I paid. Thus I was charged $5 for receiving faulty goods from the company. I usually write positive reviews but have nothing good to say about Sierra.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I’ve been a customer for over 10 years. I recently placed an order on 8 January and it never arrived at my home even though UPS indicated it was left on my doorstep. The particular items in this shipment were for an upcoming ski trip. I contacted customer service & they indicated they would refund my money. They never did. I just arrived home from my ski trip & the pkg is on my doorstep. Apparently, it was delivered to the wrong address in my neighborhood. That neighbor was out of town at time of delivery but dropped off at my house and I received the pkg on 11 February. Obviously, I don’t need the merchandise because I had to purchase locally for the ski trip. All Sierra Trading Post is willing to do for my inconvenience is waive the return shipping fee. Well you just lost a loyal customer. I’ll take my business elsewhere!

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The description on Sierra trading post website says ''100% linen'','' unbleached linen''. The price is $129, made in Portugal. The sticker inside of the duvet does not reflect the description. Actually the fabric content is not mention at all? Please see the picture. The CRep from ''questions about the item'' department was not helpful. She asked me: "What you want me to do?" "Send it back." I feel like I was scammed and don't trust them with a refund.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had the same issue as Henry of Florida, MA. Don't buy from Sierra Trading Post unless you are 100% confident that you will never need an exchange or return or have 17.00 that you want to give away. Charity would be a better option. Customer service was friendly, but can't do anything about store policies.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I ordered a pair of sandals from Sierra Trading Post (Chaco) and paid $9.95 for the shipping. When I finally got them (it took a while to get here) the sandals were uncomfortable and way too heavy. They felt like a big piece of really heavy plastic on the bottom of my feet. So I decided to return them. I saw a pre-printed return label inside the package and went to process the return at their website. I was informed that I would have to pay an additional $6.95 for the return shipping and that I would only receive $53.04 back after spending $69.94. So, I paid almost $17 just to try on these sandals. I tried speaking with a representative from their company by a chat session and told them of my dissatisfaction, but was told basically that it didn't matter that I was upset. I would not recommend them for a company to work with. They must be a upcharge for their shipping. I think that's really unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

They are very quick to respond but more importantly their website has information that is very pertinent and easy to understand which alleviates the need for customer service. They seem to know what they are talking about. They have so many products but they have access to information for all of them. Makes it easy to make purchases and get the right product. Loads and loads and loads of stuff to buy. They have easy searchable items and the categories. Love shopping there. Good coupon too. They are primarily online so the hours don't really matter. However the ease of being able to shop online is so convenient and their website is really well done. Have shopped there many many many times.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Great gift ideas for the outdoor person in your life. Great shopping for Christmas time. Love the setup and displays very good customer service! Great setup and displays. First rate industry knowledge about hunting fishing equipment. I love their selection of fishing stuff! Great setups and displays of their items. They have a great selection of products. The hours of operation are just fine with me.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

The customer service was topnotch. There were many helpful sales associates that are ready to help you with just about anything. The reps were very knowledgeable about all the products that were offered. They gave their recommendations and offered to show us how to use certain products. There is a wide selection of products. Whatever outdoors stuff you are looking for, you will find it in this store. They have all kinds of tents, shoes, hunting and fishing gear. The hours of operation are convenient. They open around nine in the morning and close around nine at night so you have all day to get there if you need to.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

They have great customer service support and really go out of their way to serve you. Their staff is very knowledgeable and very helpful and knows the product very well. The customer support is one thing that makes me always want to come back to Sierra Trading Post! They have fantastic customer support! The store's representatives are very knowledgeable in the products and are very helpful. They are well-trained and have great knowledge of the products that they represent which is a great benefit to the consumer. They always go out of their way to help the customer which makes it a great asset to visit the store!

The store has a great selection of products and provides exceptional quality that I really enjoy. Because they have a wide assortment of products makes it very enjoyable to visit! Products are easy to find and they have a wide variety for everyone. The store has great hours of operation which is ideal for everyone. Many of the stores have 24-hour service which makes it even more ideal!! Because of their hours of operation to remain one of my favorite stores to visit and purchase from.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

They are really helpful especially with special requests. I would definitely say that they are understanding and help get things that goes wrong, right. They possess the most sought after brands. This appeals to me very much and keeps my buying. I feel that they keep up with the trends in a sense. They have brands people love and a good range of it especially for those who are sporty looking for something nice to wear. This will encourage confidence to those who exercise and definitely outdoorsy people. They stay open at a reasonable time. It seems like they are available pretty much when I'm available. Therefore hours is not a problem with this company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I am giving them a high rating because of their policies. I did not have reason to use customer service, as my orders were always perfect. I had no issues or complaints. Descriptions of products I purchased were accurate, so I never needed assistance. Sizing was right, always loved the item I purchased. One item I purchased was a casual dress, with a peasant or hippie look. It had a flowing, casual style and the fabric was light, summery and soft. There were shades of blues and greens. The sizing was accurate and the fit true. It was long and felt soft and so comfortable. It was loose at the waist and not belted. I ordered my items from their catalog, so the hours of operation were whatever I wanted them to be. They have a 24 hour phone assistance department.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I was able to find products of interest through search option. Excellent products and a very good site. Easy to use and satisfactory checkout process as well. I simply placed orders and did not return or need to contact reps for any reason. Site had a very wide selections of styles, colors and brands. Well known nationally known brands were available on this site at very good prices.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I used their online service to purchase a North Face backpack I found considerably less expensive than I did at another online retailer. I was very happy with the service. When I asked questions about the particular item I wanted to purchase - they respond to you quickly and courteously. They have a close relationship with the brands, and if they have personal experience with the product, they're likely to share it with you. I have not found this to be a gimmick just to sell, because I too am familiar with the brand. They have sports gear and rugged wear by leading brands, such as Columbia and North Face. They'll ship it to you quickly and returns are easy. You can purchase from them anytime, though customer service is only available M-F with extended hours and Saturday during normal business hours (None on call on Sunday).

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

They had very friendly and helpful staff members who were also very knowledgeable about the products they sell. They helped me find what I was looking for. It was very relieving to find that when I needed help. The staff knew exactly what I was looking for. It made the experience much more pleasant. I was very surprised and pleased with the selection they offer. There were a few item that I knew were going to be hard to find but they had them available and it made life easier. There's not much to say about the hours. They were typical store hours but they always opened on time and never closed early or rushed anyone out of the store.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

This is a great company to spend extra time on to earn gifts and whatnot. I am happy with the service. I totally recommend it if you want to burn time. They're not widely known as far as I know. They're still a growing company. Either way; recommended. They do not really have a selection in my opinion but the service is great. Two thumbs up. I do not know their hours. But I know their application is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are a very nice company.

Sierra Trading Post Company Information