2. Shopping
  3. Sporting Goods

2.3/5 (72 ratings)

About Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

It's impossible to make a return! The order doesn't show up on my account. Their chat feature doesn't work. Searching with order number and phone number just takes me back to sign in and then of course my order doesn't show up! I emailed them 2 days ago but no response. I called but they operate on hours I'm at work 7am to 4pm. Even if I ever get to return my stuff this has annoyed me to the point I don't ever want to buy from them again.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I had spent about 3 hours pouring over the slow loading website and ordered $1300 worth of merchandise. I have been very busy and my friends have been taking the time to check my front door to ensure my package didn't get taken. I realized it had been 2 weeks and I had received no notice of shipment. I contact customer service and was told there was a problem with my bank and to talk to them. I received no notice from my bank and after contacting them was assured nothing was wrong. I never received a status notice of my order being cancelled. The customer service rep just copy/pasted a schpiel about "improving communication" from the company and abruptly ended the chat. This was the first online clothes shopping I had done in a year and spent all my free browsing time to do so. My friends wasted their time for 2 weeks, and I couldn't even get an apology or a credit? Gross.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I went to track my order 2 weeks after I placed the order and got an error. I called the 1800 number and the guy told me, "Oh we have to Baruch your address before shipping." That’s great but why was no email sent out about this... I was told, "Good thing you called otherwise you would have been charged but no item sent." What company has to verify the address? It’s not like I typed it in or anything. This experience made them lose a customer as this practice is just super shady.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I ordered a nice BodyGlove jacket online from Sierra Trading Post for the colder days in Georgia. Wore the jacket a total of 3 times and the entire zipper fell apart. I emailed them about exchanging or replacing and all I could receive was, "I’m sorry, you are past the 30 days return policy." I sent pictures of the defected zipper and all they could say was, "You should have checked the zipper out when you received the jacket." You might think you are getting a great deal on a item but if you have to fix/repair the merchandise after a couple of wears, you might as well shop somewhere else that has a better customer service policy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

We bought name brand non slip shoes from Sierra which when worn were 100% not non slip and dangerous. We bought the same brand from another retailer and the same brand non slip shoe was in fact non slip. We returned the shoes in NEW condition with full factory packaging but were shorted money in the refund. If this is how Sierra treats new customers they lost us from day one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered two pairs of footwear, and received one within a week, without any notification of other pair being canceled or delayed. Order tracking page gave no results, and no email were sent to inform me of any changes. After three weeks I chatted with customer representative online, where she informed me that the rest of my order was indeed canceled. While I understand that online inventories are sometimes not coordinated, their customer service is beyond satisfying. I was never informed of cancelation, person communicating with me never apologized, and after I stated that I would never pay shipping to purchase first pair alone, they never offered refund or store credit for the shipping cost. After I said all of the above, she basically said thank you and bye.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

First I would like to say that if I could give less stars then I would. This is based on my online order, not store staff. The store staff was extremely helpful. I purchased an Egift card online. When the card didn't show in email I tried to call. When I couldn't get in touch with anyone I emailed customer service with my order number. 2 days later I was informed that they needed address verification, which I gave. I was then informed the following day that my order was canceled because they could not verify my address with my bank. I was told that when I place an order again to verify my address is correct. I will never place another order with an inept online service. I wish that I had read the reviews first. What a waste of time-

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I needed to change an order after it was already in place. I called, it wasn't sent yet, so they allowed me to change it! Typically you're not allowed to change an order once you hang up the phone. Any adjustments require return shipping Etc. I was grateful!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have bought from Sierra in the past 20 years. Until recently when they got purchased by TJ Maxx family, they were great. Now, it's horrible. I will never buy from them again. Unless you can get amazing cheap deals, not worth it.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I just don't get this place. I am fully aware that they have closeouts or factory seconds. They had the ski boots I used for years and loved. The prices were amazing so I actually was buying 2 pairs..roughly $800. I waited 3 days and they never shipped out. I called customer service and I got the run around that my card was declined, etc...funny thing is when I called AMEX they informed me the card was never declined and it working fine. I called back later hoping to speak to someone else and I did. I asked her why things hadn't shipped out and then she told me, "Well we take time to review large orders to make sure they are correct." It's 2 pairs of ski boots. You can't really mess it up. In terms of large order...a regular pair of skis and boots runs well over $1500. This is the norm for these products. I ended up cancelling the order.

Fast forward to this Monday. I get an email from asking if I'm still interested in the boots. I don't respond. Then I get another stating price drop. Now they are $199. I honestly can't pass it up as they are the same I love and no one has. I place the order and just tell myself for $199 I'll deal with the horrible shipping and customer service. Today because of Covid-19 they decide to shut down all operations for 2 weeks. Totally understandable as being safe is more important than any gear.

I guess they forgot to mention that they charged me the $199, never shipped the product after a week. So now I have paid for a product, havent been issued a refund or even a letter saying .."Hey we know you paid but these are uncertain times so hold on and we will get this out to you. If you want to cancel the order go ahead." Instead you get a message from the CEO on their website that they decided to just take down. This place is a borderline scam. I am not sure how it operates.

Sierra Trading Post Company Information