4.0/5 (125 ratings)

About Sierra Trading Post

Sierra Trading Post Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sierra Trading Post?

Original review: April 1, 2022

I bought two pair of shoes. One pair hurt so I wanted to return, the other customer service lady was very rude. The return policy is horrible, how can you start a return before you get the item. If I could rate it with zero stars I would for the shoes and the store service. Please, please think before you shop here cause they are terrible. A waste of time and money. Please don't. I should've checked the reviews first.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I ordered two Black hole Archery targets from them. Put both in the cart at one time so I could get free shipping. 6 days later I called as they still didn’t ship. Customer service lady said my bank declined the transaction, but no one from Sierra emailed or called. I called the bank and my bank said they did NOT decline the transaction at and gave me the authorization number. So Sierra just canceled my order because they didn’t want to eat the shipping on $100 worth of 30LBs of shipping on the targets. Then the customer service lady just hung up on me. Absolutely horrible company that doesn’t stand behind what they claim nor do they even care. Sure wish I would have read these reviews before wasting my time and giving them my cc number.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

First of all, I would like to know how a business stays afloat when basically what I am seeing is 1 star ratings...just like mine. I ordered a pair of suede shoes and a heavy sweater in December to be used for a long weekend get-away that required lots of walking. I left for my trip, returned and still no package. The real problem is FedEx. I am the one who paid for shipping and would have never chosen FedEx if I had a choice. Sierra customer service didn't want to hear my complaint or request to intercept and return a package I no longer need. Who wants to wear suede shoes when the season changes to spring? Looks like it could take until then or longer to be delivered. My package has been on the FedEx truck for four days and returned daily to their facility located ten minutes from my house! The tracking information states customer provided wrong address or no such house number. Good! Does that mean I don't have to pay taxes?!

A 'kid' supervisor called to ask directions to my address at 9 am today. Goes to show they have my phone number, yet the driver never called when he got lost again. LOL. I've lived in this rural area 32 years and everyone within a few miles radius would have given the driver directions. I shouldn't complain, as most of my packages get thrown out on the main highway in rain storms because the driver doesn't want to travel down my gravel road. Packages most often get delivered to an address in another county. The homeowner has retrieved at least 10 or 15 packages for me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I’ve been dealing with Sierra for years it was always very good with customer service. Recently it’s been a nightmare. I purchased a sweater Two days after the price dropped by $100, so I called to see if I could get a price match. Which should have been effortless just credit my card. The response was we do not do that, you have to purchase the lower-priced item, then return the expensive one. This is where it gets complicated they use Fed Ex smart post which makes your order almost nonexistent it’s always coming, but does not, as that shipping method makes your package sit in places a long time My one order states it’s coming on the 12/23/21 however it’s still in Colorado on the date, and I’m in Tennessee.

So they are going to spend more money on me shipping product back. Then just writing a credit on the one I ordered. When asked about why they use Smart post instead of ground they say it’s how they can sell items at lower prices. Really, customers calling to ask where is my item constantly. One item I ordered remained in a Fed Ex facility for a full week. After this no more with Sierra, Amazon customer service responds rapidly and will resolve an issue, almost immediately.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

It's impossible to make a return! The order doesn't show up on my account. Their chat feature doesn't work. Searching with order number and phone number just takes me back to sign in and then of course my order doesn't show up! I emailed them 2 days ago but no response. I called but they operate on hours I'm at work 7am to 4pm. Even if I ever get to return my stuff this has annoyed me to the point I don't ever want to buy from them again.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I had spent about 3 hours pouring over the slow loading website and ordered $1300 worth of merchandise. I have been very busy and my friends have been taking the time to check my front door to ensure my package didn't get taken. I realized it had been 2 weeks and I had received no notice of shipment. I contact customer service and was told there was a problem with my bank and to talk to them. I received no notice from my bank and after contacting them was assured nothing was wrong. I never received a status notice of my order being cancelled. The customer service rep just copy/pasted a schpiel about "improving communication" from the company and abruptly ended the chat. This was the first online clothes shopping I had done in a year and spent all my free browsing time to do so. My friends wasted their time for 2 weeks, and I couldn't even get an apology or a credit? Gross.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I went to track my order 2 weeks after I placed the order and got an error. I called the 1800 number and the guy told me, "Oh we have to Baruch your address before shipping." That’s great but why was no email sent out about this... I was told, "Good thing you called otherwise you would have been charged but no item sent." What company has to verify the address? It’s not like I typed it in or anything. This experience made them lose a customer as this practice is just super shady.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I ordered a nice BodyGlove jacket online from Sierra Trading Post for the colder days in Georgia. Wore the jacket a total of 3 times and the entire zipper fell apart. I emailed them about exchanging or replacing and all I could receive was, "I’m sorry, you are past the 30 days return policy." I sent pictures of the defected zipper and all they could say was, "You should have checked the zipper out when you received the jacket." You might think you are getting a great deal on a item but if you have to fix/repair the merchandise after a couple of wears, you might as well shop somewhere else that has a better customer service policy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

We bought name brand non slip shoes from Sierra which when worn were 100% not non slip and dangerous. We bought the same brand from another retailer and the same brand non slip shoe was in fact non slip. We returned the shoes in NEW condition with full factory packaging but were shorted money in the refund. If this is how Sierra treats new customers they lost us from day one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered two pairs of footwear, and received one within a week, without any notification of other pair being canceled or delayed. Order tracking page gave no results, and no email were sent to inform me of any changes. After three weeks I chatted with customer representative online, where she informed me that the rest of my order was indeed canceled. While I understand that online inventories are sometimes not coordinated, their customer service is beyond satisfying. I was never informed of cancelation, person communicating with me never apologized, and after I stated that I would never pay shipping to purchase first pair alone, they never offered refund or store credit for the shipping cost. After I said all of the above, she basically said thank you and bye.

Sierra Trading Post Company Information