3.10/5
Based on 3,970 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

6225 Sears Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2017

Repairman showed up at 4 pm (1-4 window). He was obviously in a rush and didn't want to be there. He did not open the washing machine, simply diagnosed it as "faulty control board" and said that the repair would cost $669.46!!! I could buy a new machine for that! My brother-in-law came over, opened the bottom panel, SAW a loose wire, fixed it in about 2 minutes. My bank account was charged twice for the $99. Sears refused to refund both the $99. This guy did not do his job. Did not want to fix my machine. He only wanted the $99 and then charged it twice. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - AVOID SEARS - CALL A REPUTABLE LOCAL REPAIRMAN (or your Brother-in-law). REPAIR SCAM!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have had it with this company. They don't give 2 ** about their customers at all. They only care about keeping their money. May I remind you Sears that we are the only reason why you have money. And when we pay for something, you have to give us good customer service. And here is my rating for your service, 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. They don't give a crap at all. I have lost in a total of about $1,300 to these **.

Here is my story... When we went to a Sears located at Avenues Mall at Jacksonville, FL, we bought a dryer specifically demanding a turbo steam cycle added. It was a totally different dryer and I thought, no big deal, just return this dryer and get the correct one. I WAS WRONG. When I bought it, it was on sale for the time due to Veteran's Day. I bought it demanding a turbo steam cycle. When I called saying that I got a completely different cycle, I was bombarded with the agent saying that the turbo steam cost an extra $400 both due to the fact that they had taken the wrong item and that the sale was cheaper so I had to pay for the regular price difference. So what they basically did was first order the wrong item, then say that I had to pay more for their mistakes! Absolute BS! So I have to pay for your inability to take a simple order and pay for the difference for the sale and regular price?

Anyway, I went through a month of what I could describe was of absolute hell. Every time I called, I heard the same thing, you have to pay the money. Did I forget to mention that the agents were rude and did not give a crap of what you said. I then found another agent saying that in order to do a price change, I need authorization from the store manager that I bought it from. I drove probably more than 20 times to the store and they said they could take care of it. I went to 2 managers, Latrice and Nadine and they said that they will take care of it. I was permitted inside their office and the managers called an agent and permitted the price change. I was happy that day that hell was over only to find out that nothing had been sent and when I had called I heard the same pay $400 BS.

I went to the store absolutely pissed. Not at the store but the ** customer service. The managers called again saying "what's going on" when a totally different agent said that a price change wasn't permitted. The employees tried their best to reason and talk but one got angry and slammed the phone saying he couldn't take it anymore. The manager said quote on quote "It is like talking to a brick wall." So may I say, even your goddamn employees are tired of your customer service. I have no problems with your employees and store as they tried their best to help me and I can respect that. I had a problem with your customer service.

After another 2 weeks of battling, I got tired and bought another dryer from Best Buy. It was slightly more expensive but customer service was great and I had no problems with anything at all. I would rather pay more to a company with good customer service than to pay less to a company with bad customer service. I said I wanted a pickup for my Sears dryer and be given a full refund. The pickup guy was no problem and they came on time. I was told that it is gonna take three to five business days to be issued a refund to my account. Six days later, no refund. Then they said 5-7 business days.

On the 8th day no refund. I just bought a flight for Vacation that cost around 2,000 dollars. I thought the money would be at least transferred while I was on my flight. NOPE! I needed that money to do fun activities with my family because It is a vacation for crying out loud. I have less than $200 in my account and the amount is still not transferred. I thought the money was gonna come but no, it didn't. I right now have hardly any money to do fun things at a vacation and I need that last $200 to pay for hotel fees and airport fees for flight back. So, you ruined my vacation.

Probably, my account will go overdraft and I'll have to pay a fee because of you. I don't get paid until my first day off vacation on Monday. I also needed that refund money for TV and internet for my house so I will probably return to my house with no TV and internet... And I have a teenage son and you know what teenagers are like when they have no internet. I want my goddamn money! I want it! The only reason I'm not taking you to court is because an attorney costs even more. So thank you for an absolute ** shopping experience Sears. I am never shopping here again. Just give me my ** money.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Purchased a washer and dryer from Sears. The clerk was SO happy to tell me that we had 30 days to return it. But FAILED to mention the restocking fee... Policy is NOT posted in the store. But, I was told it is on my receipt. How is that possible. You notify me of the policy on a receipt after I pay! It's all good - take my restocking fee! I WON'T be getting the new set from you! So, you lost me not only for this sale, but for ALL future sales from appliances to socks!

Original review: July 12, 2017

My 80 year old mother 2 months after my dad passed away, needed a new bed. Went to her local Sears. Ordered a queen mattress set, frame and wood headboard. The sale clerk went online and ordered the headboard since they didn't have any in stock. A month later she gets the mattress set and frame, no clips included to put it together. Delivery man take the frame back, a couple of weeks later come back with another frame, and UPS had delivered the headboard, wrong size. The next frame also no clips and it won't fit the headboard.

After more than 2 months of not having her own bed, she was so upset she told them to just take it all back. Talked to store manager about her refund, was told it would be taken care of. The 1,228$$ was taken out of her account. She contacts her bank. They put a temporary credit in. Now yesterday, July 12 she received a letter from the bank saying Sears has no proof of a return and they withdrew the funds again. REALLY Sears!!! Swindle a grieving widow, you are lower than low. Now I have to try to get her refund. I'm thinking will be us losing battle.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Sears Sub-Contractor Repair Service A&E Factory Service Technician ID:** (his name is Sedwick). Service Order # **. Arrived 07:48 am; depart 08:25 am. Kenmore Elite Refrigerator, Bottom Freezer. Model # 795.72053.114. Ice Maker not working. This technician was not friendly at all, and he had an attitude when I met him in my driveway. The technician followed me into my house through the house garage. When Sedwick enter my house and the 1st thing out of his mouth was "what's wrong with it". While Sedwick was attempting to remove the front control panel. Sedwick asked if I had any questions. My response was, "No questions. Just watching." Sedwick's response was when people watch him it makes him nervous. Sedwick moved so that he blocked my view. Then his response was that I could save some money with the service if I was willing to purchase a Service Contract for all my appliances that was cost $49.99 a month.

My response was, "That's kinda of pricey." Then Sedwick said that it was going to cost $220.00 to fix the Ice Maker. My response was that, "This is a $2500.00 refrigerator/freezer and let's get it repaired 1st before you talk about a Service Agreement." Once the Ice Maker was repaired then Sedwick gave me the price for a 1 year $111.00 or a 2 year $199.99 Service Agreement. I declined this Service Agreement. Then his mood, really changed for the worse. He basically walked out of the house after I paid for the service. He didn't even thank me for using Sears Repair Service A&E Factory Service 1-800-905-9605. I will never use Sears to repair my Kenmore Elite Dishwasher. I'll be looking for a local appliance service company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 11, 2017

Sears 30 Day Return Policy is not posted where you pay for your purchase. It is strictly enforced so don't plan on buying gifts early. I tried to return a purchase after 32 days and was refused. I am a 70 year old woman who lives in the country and do not go to town often. This 30 day policy makes it impossible for me to shop at Sears in the future. Buyer Beware!

Original review: July 11, 2017

I went to get an oil change...every went fine until I paid. The billing statement for a silly oil change was completely unreadable. In one column it reads Oil filter 3.49; Conv Oil 11.25; service 15.25; Shop fee 4.00; Mult Credit 11.49. And a final bill in another column 18.74 + 15.25 = 20.70. Now how heck do you add all these figure and get to $20.70. Completely unreadable. Sears can't even write up a bill for a customer and it be understood.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Mon June 12th, we contacted Sears Home Warranty as A/C was not running. Sears contacted RJH Mech, LLC to check. They were to come the next morning 9-1:00 pm but arrived 4:10 p.m. Information did not get to the warranty until the next day. Now 3 days without A/C. It was 119 degrees in AZ. Two days later the home warranty denied claim saying the unit was 20+ yrs old, and preexisting condition. We called the same day the A/C was out. Our home is 14 yrs old.

The warranty in FL said we needed prove it. We sent the realtor sheet with age of home built 2003, we sent our May 2016 electric bill, 2017 electric bill, only a small amount of difference. We also sent a copy of our maintenance, which was in the fall, showing Freon was okay and no repairs needed. We waited two more days with no answer. Called and supervisor in Georgia said she would be out a couple days, and would have someone higher up check. No reply. We called again. Two more days went by, same person answered. Now we are over 10 days at 115 degrees. We called again, no reply, two more days, no reply. Finally after 16 days we purchased a new air conditioner, no decision from Sears Home Warranty. Our ages are 71 and 69 and we need this air conditioner for health reasons.

The only response we got was get another opinion, and "We will look at it again."

Original review: July 11, 2017

I purchased a treadmill for $1200 and paid extra for a weekend delivery. The driver arrived an hour past my delivery window. He told me he couldn't install the treadmill because I have wood floors (they're actually not wood) and I needed a rubber mat. I was never told that by the salesperson when I bought the machine. That was never listed in the 25 emails I received from Sears about my order. I offered to drive 10 min. to the Sears store and purchase a rubber mat and he said no. I offered to put a 5 x 8 piece of rubber backed carpet down and he said no. I asked him to come back at the end of the day and he said no. We argued for 45 minutes. He stormed out of my house. I talked to probably 5 customer service people on the phone.

I drove to the store and bought a rubber mat. The store assured me would come back that night between 7 pm and 9 pm. He never showed. Never called. I tried to reach the store but they never answered the phone. The next day I received a call that they would deliver Monday night. When they arrived (an hour past their delivery window) the guy said he couldn't deliver because he couldn't get the box in the door. I told him to take it out of the box. He said no, it wouldn't work. I told him the last delivery guy never mentioned that he couldn't get the box in the door, only that I needed a rubber mat. He responded that the guy was just making excuses.

So, I call customer service today and after working through the communication barrier I asked to have the order cancelled. No problem, they say... it will be 7-10 days for a refund! LOL. I've waited 3 weeks for a delivery that I paid extra for, I spent endless hours waiting on their delivery people, I spent hours on the phone with "customer service", I went to the store and bought a rubber mat and STILL I don't have the item. BUT...they have my money and I have to wait ANOTHER 7-10 days for the refund. I will post this account of my experience on every social media platform I can find. Ridiculous that a store operates like this.

Original review: July 13, 2017

This company used to be a great company to buy appliances and home items especially equipment for the backyard. I do see that differently now, they have no idea as how to handle returns. What they do is to give you an 1800-732-7747 to call the Philippines and have a conversation with robots. These people are instructed to act rude, ignorant and unprofessional. They don't know anything about anything. (A third world country processing credits for an USA company) I am in a situation that they created for me because of their ignorance. We are building our kitchen and we went to SEARS on May 27th.

I placed an order for all the appliances and at the middle of the construction after the delivery on June 9th we found out they have shipped a Wall oven that was not the right size, I went to the store in the middle of June and I was told by to call the 1800 and I call the same day and I couldn't communicate with the person because of the language barrier. He hung up on. A week later on July 7th I called and spoke to someone and he was able to offer me credit for the return. I had placed second order for a microwave, so the representative or (ROBOT) he said "we will give you credit for these items and it will take 7 business days for your credit." I was fine and happy. They were ready to process my credit but, I thought about it and realized they have not give me a pick date or reference number for anything.

So, on Monday July 10th I decided to call back to get that info and when I called back it took about 4 or 5 hours on the phone to see what happened. Well, this person has deleted my records and now they claim these items are not able to return because is over 30 days. I have invested over $5000 and bought insurance on top to protect these items. Well sure, enough now I have no way to return the 24" wall oven that cost about $1200 plus insurance. We need a 30" oven. I do believe I done the correct thing to go in person in the middle of June. They gave the number to call and I finally spoke to someone within the time frame they required. Now they can not comply with that because, they have no records of me calling or going in person.

I don't understand how is that when I spoke to them on July 7th at 11am for 22 minutes, he was able to give me credit for the microwave but not the wall oven. According to them I never call on time and they don't have records of my call. Sears is going down the drain and I hope they closed their doors soon, so all these people they employ on the other side of the world will lose their jobs. I just don't see how a well structured company has lost grip and all confused as to how simple is to create a return that will take 2 minutes if the salesperson would done when I visited the store to inform them it was the wrong size. BAD BAD BAD OPERATIONS! They need to stop ripping off hard working of their money. With the help of these logistics or customers solutions companies they nothing robbing customers. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!

Original review: July 8, 2017

We bought a new refrigerator from Sears and they gave us a delivery date of July 7th 2017. After the email from Sears indicating the time of day that they will deliver it we started preparing. We remove all the food out of the refrigerator, moved the old fridge out into the garage (had to remove the doors to get it out) uninstall the doors... All in 111-degree heat, got the area prepared for the new fridge then Sears at the last moment rescheduled the fridge to be delivered now on Monday the 10. Another day off from work.

No wonder Sears is going down the toilet. Complete lack of customer service. This fridge is the first one we bought where it wasn't a Kenmore, as I heard that Sears is trying to dump the Kenmore brand. We have always had Kenmore appliances for the last 40 years. Well, their loss, they won't get our business for the washer and dryer that we were planning to buy, plus the water softener and a new water heater. Apparently the word on the street is true, that Sears executives are purposely trying to drive the company into the ground, selling off any remaining "good" assets and skip away with their booty before all the store are shuttered up for good. FYI: Good thing I know how to use the internet... Or will Sears beat me up like CNN did to the person who created that GIF for Trump.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We visited the Sears store on Greenville Avenue, Staunton, VA on a Saturday with the intention to buy several things. We picked out the appliances we needed but no one ever even acknowledged we were in the store. There were two people at the desk in the store center laughing and joking and totally oblivious that there were customers needing help. We just left after 20 minutes of being ignored, empty handed.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Sears and the A & E repair service are a bunch of liars. They have scheduled 6 appointments with me and they were no show on all 6. No phone call, no cancellation notice. They are trying to get out of replacing a defective refrigerator. The model "795" made by LG and sold under the LG name and the Kenmore Elite name has an %80 failure rate. We purchased an extended warranty and Sears is trying to wear us down and not honor the warranty. We'll be filing complaints with NY State Consumer Affairs and the NY State Attorney General. Sears is terrible, can't get a straight answer out of them nor A & E Repair services. We've been lied to so many times that I can't even count anymore!!! HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE SERVICE, SEARS IS GOING BANKRUPT FOR A REASON, & now I've seen first hand how they treat their customers!!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Again, I needed to make an appointment for service on my refrigerator that is covered by a Repair Protection Agreement with Sears. When I called the first date available was 3 weeks and when I questioned the time, the phone agent asked if I wanted him to check for a sooner date. Well, of course I did and then I was able to get an appointment in 5 days. But today the appointment that was scheduled between 1 and 5 was canceled at 11 because of unexpected problems. So I rescheduled and have an appointment on the original date or 3 weeks from the date I requested a repair appointment. Because it is a refrigerator, I will be placed on the "emergency list" and if something opens up they will try to reschedule depending how many people are on the list ahead of me. Not having a refrigerator for 3 weeks is really an issue and I think would be for most people.

Sears service continues to decline every year in all areas, the phone, the stores, and the repair process. The techs are usually good when they make it to the house. But the common practice is to have the techs come see what the problem is, even when you can provide the error codes or be specific about the issue and then order the part and get another appointment. So my expectation is that I could be without a working refrigerator for over a month. At one time Sears was the only place I would look for appliances but now it is the last store I consider.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Purchased complete Serta set including frame from Sears Clearwater.Mattress still under warranty, and sagging over 1" in center. Registered a warranty claim with Sears, and received detailed photo list requirements. Sent 5 photos after having to completely tear down the bed showing over 1" sag and labels requested. Sears requested more photos of additional labels and sag. Tore the bed down again, sent more photos as requested. Received another request for more photos. I advised Sears that as a senior it was difficult to tear bed down again and requested a service person complete claim as most other companies send. I was told to hire a handyman or get some friends to help. At this point, I tore up my Sears card and will continue to spread the word about the lack of service Sears provides. This after 30 years of purchases for home and garden.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I shopped digitally online and was brought a broken $500.00 table and the physical store in Murphy NC refused to bring the proper table. We were told it was a hybrid sale since we ordered online for our vacation summer home. The store manager brought a black 4 seat table rather than the 6 seat putty table. He told us he would not come back because we had stairs. Sears is refusing to replace the broken table or give us a refund because we haven't returned it. We don't have a vehicle nor a place to return it - cyberspace?

Now they are saying too much time has passed when we spent 9 months on the phone and with Atlanta, GA customer service. We drove 2 hours 2 times and no one ever showed up with a new table. I would shop Lowe's or Home Depot as Sears and Roebuck will not honor their products and refuse to assist consumers. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the employee Ema ** is refusing since it has been a year. We've spent hours and months dealing with this. Please help consumers like us not to be ripped off and charged $500.00 for worthless goods.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Purchased a mattress on 6/29/17, and took delivery date of 7/6/17. Signed up for their text updates at the time of purchase. 1st confirmation came on date of purchase 6/29/17. 2nd confirmation came on Monday 7/3/17. Third confirmation came on 7/5/17, 12 hours before the delivery window of 8:45 am to 10:45 am "Sorry for the inconvenience" note came at 8:41 am on 7/6/17, 4 minutes before the delivery window was to begin.

Called customer service immediately and escalated to a manager. Company line is "We can't compensate you at all". No other discussions, no explanation other than a "delay from the shipping center". Told them I had to take a few hours off work to be here, it does not matter to them. I mentioned that I received 3 confirmation emails, including one 12 hours before the scheduled delivery, just to you know, confirm the confirmation.

Utter nonsense. It's no surprise the company is in bankruptcy protection, again. I will never, ever under any circumstances even set foot in that joke of a store again. I look forward to seeing the name flame out and burn like the piece of garbage it has become. When the hedge funds took it over, it all went to crap. Go to Jordan's, they treat you like family.

Resolution response: Feb. 4, 2018

After manyyyyyyyyyyyy phone lengthy calls, I finally got a check in the mail.

Original review: July 5, 2017

DO NOT BUY MATTRESS ONLINE. I ordered the Beautyrest Hybrid Silver online thru a link the salesman sent me. I received my mattress on May 12. By May 15 I was calling them to tell them something is not right. One side is completely sunk in and other side is STIFF. They told me I had to wait till 30 days. Makes no sense because if 3 days it’s this bad what’s 30 going to prove?? After 30 days I called back and was hung up on, transferred to numerous non-working numbers and TWICE told to go back to the store. I have dealt with 3 managers now. All claim they can’t do anything. This is 2068.00 WASTED... I will post everywhere till you do something. Who has that kind of money laying around to waste?? DO NOT BUY ONLINE MATTRESS FROM SEARS... WARRANTY SUCKS, LIARS, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT TO DO THERE.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I ordered a gift card for Fathers back in mid June 2017. My fathers never received it. After 2 weeks of going back and forth for this card I finally asked for a return. Got more of turn around with let me ask and so forth. So, they refund me with another gift card I won't use and said they can't give a refund on a gift card. Their customer service sucks!!! Why couldn't they have told me that in the 1st place? It would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have been a customer of Sears for as long as I can remember, and have not had a complaint prior to this. I recently made a purchase at Sears for patio furniture and just received it a month later. I requested to have it delivered to the store and was told I would receive a confirmation e-mail as to when the order was ready for pick up. Well I never received an e-mail, I decided to call a few times to get updates. Each time I called the warehouse, I was told that my order was there in the warehouse but delayed?

What's worse is the way the warehouse workers spoke to me. One of them hung up on me in the middle of a question and when I called back....no answer. The last time I called I called the actual store and found out it was there in store, but I never received an email saying is was ready for pick up. So we go to pick up the furniture, the same day I called to confirm it was there and they can't find it. Then we are told we have to wait 15 minutes for someone to come back from lunch to help us. 30 minutes later the manager asked my husband to come in the back and help him find it. My husband was more than happy to help to just finally get out of there, because all the while this manager is yelling at his associates in front of him. The most unprofessional experience of my life. Happy with the furniture now that we have it, but completely unsatisfied by how they treated us and ran their business.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I have two instances that apply to this complaint. The first was a service call for my Kenmore Elite Dishwasher. I waited all day and no one showed or called. When I called to confirm someone was coming they said yes. No one came. When I demanded a supervisor they had no contact. No one to address the issue. The second was a requested estimate for my A/C replacement. Because of my previous experience I insisted on advance notice of any delay in showing up. We settled on 30 minutes prior to my appointment time. Twenty minutes after my appointment time I received a call saying the representative would be an hour late. When I asked why the call was late no reason could be given. This is totally unacceptable and a clear indication that the customer comes last. I will never call for Sears service or purchase any major items from Sears again.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Worst experience ever! Sears is straight up scamming people. I can't believe I didn't see these reviews before I placed my order, but I figured no problem since it was Sears. But man was I wrong. I ordered a water pump online for over $200 that showed in stock, and I also paid $55 for "expedited shipping", it showed I would receive the part in 3 days. It's now been 16 days, and I haven't received the part and I can't get my money back.

On the 3rd day I called them because the order status still showed "pending". I was told not to worry because sometimes the status doesn't update fast enough and that the part actually did ship out and was expected to be delivered by the end of the day. When it never arrived I called the next day and was told it actually didn't ship out and they are waiting to hear back from the manufacturer on the expected ship date. So the first guy I talked to straight up lied to me. I then asked for a refund and was told refunds are handled by their "offline service" team and I need to wait 3 business days to hear back from them.

I haven't heard anything, I've called them at least 7 times now and I get told the same story every time I call. Their support reps don't speak good English, and they ask for my email and phone number every single time I call because "they don't have it on their records". How many times do I have to repeat it? I talked to a supervisor and she was rude and no help, she also asked for my email address and phone number. I've now filed a dispute with my credit card company about the charge and they are contacting Sears, I really hope I can get my money back someday.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I bought pole saw with lifetime warranty. I bought pole because of inside run lines to avoid tangling in tree branches. The pulley is made of plastic and the edge broke off and cut the roping. I go to Sears and they will not fix it or replace. File complaint with BBB and after a month plus, Sears offers to replace with the cheapest junk pole saw they carry. Nowhere near what I spent on original or quality. Has outside strung rope that constantly tangles when pruning. BBB says only recourse is to take to court. I'm sick of Sears quality going downhill and now will not even honor their warranty. I used to swear by Sears. Now I swear at them.

To not honor lifetime warranty, now I'll have to worry about all my hand tools and warranty now? Bought 5-6 riding mowers, every automotive tool, air compressors, air tools, saws and to be screwed around over a $100 dollar pole saw and have to go to BBB and still not honor warranty? Disgusting!!! And receipts that fade away to nothing on top of it. Is this done on purpose to avoid honoring warranty?

Original review: June 29, 2017

I purchased a Panasonic Television from Sears in 2011 and in June/2017 it powered down in "protection mode" - I called Sears Home Repair for help and to schedule a repairman. I received an email notice of date (weeks out) and a note the day before confirming my scheduling time. I waited all day for the repair and it was a no show. I've called and spoken with Sears Home Services 4 more times and each time was told that a "supervisor" would call back in 24 to 48 hours - Not so! It is sad that the customer service is the worst I've ever experienced and continues to promise help, but no return call and it kept on from there.

I've sent an email to Sears Holdings, and the response was that they've forwarded it to the scheduling department - again, no call or way to contact them; again, no follow-up by the Sears Team. I've spent so many hours on this issue, I could have paid for a new television and just thrown this one out. Sears you've fallen mightily. Any idea on other ideas for reaching higher at Sears?

Original review: June 27, 2017

A year ago I was offered interest free for 18 months on a bed that cost under $1,000.00. Also I was offered interest free if I made a purchase not at Sears. That was a purchase of $756.00 for 12 months about 6 months ago. Then a few months ago I was again offered an interest free for 12 months, mattress store for $1,900. Each time I decided to do these transactions. I called and made sure it was clear what the rules were and could I make higher payments than required on each purchase. The answer was yes and that my payments would go in to cover each item so they would be paid off before the interest was due. Each month I made bigger payments than required. I finally looked at the bills for each one and the smaller one was being paid off at a higher rate that the bigger ones and nothing on the biggest one.

So I called on June 2, 2017 and said that the larger one would accrue all the interest since the payments were not being distributed so they would be paid off on time. So they set up a payment plan to pay each item at a different rate, so the biggest charge got the bigger payment and the smaller one got less. So I looked on June 25. The payments were not paid as I requested. The larger payments went to the smaller amount and the bigger ones were getting very little. I complained that the way this was going I would be paying all the interest on them because the money wasn't being paid to cover the balances. So the guy looked and said, "I see the payment schedule you set up and it is exactly as you said, but we can only take on two setup scheduled payments. We cannot guarantee a payment on the third interest-free amount.” I complained that I was always told that I could divide the payments and pay extra on all of them.

He said, "Well since you have it set up this way, we will go ahead and do it the way you requested." In the morning of June 26, I received an email stating that all payments in interest-free charges are paid at a different rate and if they are not paid off when required, I would be paying large interest rates, etc. The email was long and really complicated, but in a short version, any payments paid cannot be guaranteed how they are paid, bla, bla. So called back in the morning of June 26 and got a lady and asked her to verify my payments were as I requested and each month I originally requested that these payments get paid through December 3, 2017, remember I wanted to pay more than required to get them paid off.

She said we have a new policy regarding these types of payments and we cannot guarantee things will be paid off in time. The payments go by percentage and percentages change every month, so even she did not know how the payments would be distributed. So I said, "What do I have to pay to pay these off on time?” Remember one was 18 months. One was 12 months and the newest for 1,900 would be paid off the middle of next year. But if the payments go in as they have been, I would be paying interest from day one on all of them. I said, "Why is this the first I ever heard of this. I would not have put the transaction on this card. The store had their own in-house interest free that was nice at $48.00 a month until it was paid."

She said she could fix this for me. So I would have to pay the $44.00 minimum a month, $313.00 a month (this was put on my card just a few months ago), to be paid off by May, 2018 on the $1,900 payment, then $184.00 a month to cover the two that I have been paying on for six months a year and have been making larger payments than required. I made some small purchases in between that were wiped out. $541.00 a month! Even though my payments if made as I requested would total $1204.00 for the two that are due Jan 22 and I only would owe $968.00 to wipe out the two interest free due then. The left over $ amount would go to the one interest plus more $ to pay off the $1,900 one due next year. I would have paid everything off interest free easily. Unless I agreed to the $541.00 because today the $1,900 payments would start to pay it off by May 2018 even though all of them were interest free.

The second choice she gave me was to pay only $44.00 a month until December and then call up and pay the two coming due on January all in one lump payment then start on the one for $1,900.00 and make payments on this one. If I don't do it this way, I change having to pay interest on all of them. I have been making higher payments for one year already. So if I keep making higher payments than required (was trying to make sure everything got paid on time), no guarantee how those payments would be distributed and I very well could be paying interest on everything as if I bought everything at once, interest goes back to the original purchase price. So, this way, they can trick you into paying interest on everything because you have no control over the payment.

I was even on the phone with a supervisor who explained all this. No guarantee unless I paid the $44.00 a month only and personally saved the money and pay all at once before it is due or make payments of $541.00 a month to be spared all the sliding %'s that vary with no control or reason month to month. How silly is this. I will pay my entire bill and never buy anything at Sears again. I will use my JCPenney card! I told the girl, "Is it so important to do this to a customer to do a I gotcha with interest than I would have made purchases over the next ten years." I have been a good paying customer and bought many things, but not anymore. She said, "Well I have been on the phone a long time, so I have to go." I said, "Bye" (She did not care, why should she). Maybe because Sears and Kmart are closing stores. With all the complaints, I see why.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I moved to a new house and purchased a mattress on June 6 2017. They said it will be delivered on June 9 2017. Then I received a phone call. Said it will be delayed. I called back. They said they did not received in the warehouse. OK, I can understand. I think at the end of June it should be delivered. I have a rental house and the gas range was broken. I also purchased from Sears on June 20, the delivery department called us on Monday June 26 confirmed the delivery on June 27, 2017. So I asked an installation technician come at that time, then after 5:00 pm nothing happened. I called Sears; they said it was delayed again!!! I was extremely mad because I planned everything; I don't even know they won't come!!! You waste your customer's time and money.

So yesterday (June 27, 2017) my husband went to Lowe's and purchased a gas range, after everything done he went home after 10:00 pm. If I bought from Lowe's or Home Depot it will be much easier for us. I called customer service to cancel my two orders. They keep say sorry; it useless, your careless and bad customer service already mean everything. I can see you don't care your customer and you let your business falling down!!! I trusted Sears before with their high quality and good reputation, now they ruin my trust. I would not buy anything from them!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

My daughter has a Samsung refrigerator that has a Flex Zone drawer. The LED lights that indicate the temperature for the four different types of product that can be stored in the Flex Zone drawer quit working. She called Sears to come out and evaluate the problem. She was told a technician would be out on June 15, 2017 between 1 and 5 and someone would call an hour before arrival. No calls were received and at 4 PM a female technician showed up at her door. I was in the next room with my daughter's baby while she explained the problem to the technician.

After about 45 minutes, of which 30 was spent on the phone seeking advice, the technician advised my daughter that it would cost $750.00 to repair the problem. I told my daughter to pay the $100.00 service charge and to decline the repair estimate. Later that day I went home and researched the problem online. I discovered how to remove the control assembly and I ordered the part from Sears online. A week later the part arrived and I installed it and the Flex Zone drawer is working. The Sears technician advised my daughter that in order to make the repair they would have to damage the top portion of the drawer and this is why the estimate was so high.

It was very obvious that this technician did not know her ass from a hole in the wall. How can anyone be so stupid. I am not a appliance repair technician but I do have some common sense and this part cost $34.00. A lot different from the $750.00 estimate. I also called the Sears repair number to speak to a supervisor regarding this situation and got nowhere.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have been watching pricing on Ellipticals at Sears and they have had an abundance of the 3 units I been watching. Funny that they have a big Fourth of July sale and all of a sudden they have none even though it says they aren't in stock. When you put in your order you get an email that says "Oops sorry we don't have this item after all. Please wait 7-10 days for a refund." This has not been the first time I experienced this. Same thing happened a few years ago with a television and then again for some appliances. I purposely have several that I would settle for figuring other people would be buying as well. But I doubt that many people went into the two Sears locations we have and bought all of them. And I am sure they will be in stock as soon as the sale is over.

Original review: June 30, 2017

When I signed up they told me that I could use it for different items in my home, that was not true. She didn't even offer me any plans, just for appliances. Told me that I could cancel at any time, but when I went to cancel, they wanted to charge me for the entire year, because I had used the warranty for a fridge. I was not told that if I canceled I would have to pay the entire amount of the repair. They could send me an email confirmation when I enrolled, but couldn't send an email when I canceled. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: July 4, 2017

Was suppose to have a repair done today on a dishwasher. Time for the appointment was between 1-5 PM. No one showed. Called at 5:30 PM and was told the repairman was late but would be at the home by 6:45 PM. At 7:45 PM I called again and was told that my appointment was canceled and rebooked for the 14th of this month. 1. I never received updates, why? 2. I have to wait 11 days now for a repair because they overbooked? 3. The call center in the Philippines refused to give out a phone number for me to call about this problem. What are they hiding? 4. Why is there no local contact that I can call? This is really no way to treat people that are trying to deal with repairs. Very poor showing on the part of Sears. I guess they just do not give a ** about a customer that has to wait all day only to have to find out on their own that the appointment is canceled.

Sears Company Information