3.12/5
Based on 4,042 ratings submitted in the last year

6136 Sears Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2017

We bought a mattress in March. A little more than a week before the sixty day warranty period was up, we called in to say the mattress would not work. We thought we would try and exchange and they gave us a case number. It took about 10 days to find time to go in to a store to check out an exchange, but we did go in. Checked out other mattresses and did not find one to work for our circumstances so we wanted to return it. When we called back they now said it was past the 60 days and would not take the return. Since we originally called in with the problem before the 60 days, that's when the clock should have stopped. No one told us we had to call AGAIN before the warranty period was up. Do not trust Sears as they do not honor their warranties. We will never buy from them again. There are too many other places that do honor their warranties.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have been paying for the home warranty service from Sears for over 4 years. That is $43 a month. I have had my refrigerator repaired and had to wait a month but I thought that was because it was an expensive part. I called because my LG dishwasher is leaking and I'm told I have to wait over 2 weeks for an appointment and I have to pay a $75 deductible. At $43 a month I pay $516 a year for this service. I can buy a new dishwasher and have it installed faster and cheaper than I can get a service call from Sears. I could have called any local repair company and get faster service and not pay for a monthly home warranty. THIS HOME REPAIR WARRANTY IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: May 30, 2017

I recently became a mother this year and as a gift, my mother purchased me a Sterling silver/diamond "mom" necklace that was priced originally at $149.99 & was on sale for $89.99 during the Mother's Day sale. Upon opening the box before even taking it out the chain ripped. It was the cheapest quality I had ever seen. I called Sears & went in the store and NO ONE helped me return it because we misplaced the receipt and didn't have a proof of purchase.

I finally got a hold of corporate and a rude customer service representative hung up on me in anger as I was speaking. I am completely appalled. The representatives truly lack respect. The necklace is also being sold in store and online but they refuse to fix it or exchange it for a new one even when I said I would provide pictures/videos or mail it to them for exchange of a non damaged one. $100 went down the drain. I was a customer of over 15 years and I will no longer be supporting Sears ever again and will be telling my family & friends too so they don't get treated horribly like I did.

Original review: May 29, 2017

We contacted Sears to do their annual service call under our Purchase Extended Warranty. We were told the tech would be here between 8am-5pm (May 3) so the whole day would be used for waiting on the tech. Sears did send an email morning of the scheduled appointment giving us a 2 hour window. Thank goodness we are retired and do not work! The tech came, looked over the treadmill and said he had to order three parts and scheduled another appointment 2 weeks later (May 17) between 8am-5pm to install the parts. The tech came, installed the parts and left never asking us to try the treadmill so we assumed he did. My husband started the treadmill shortly after the tech left and the incline went up and down without stopping and that was just from turning the machine on. Finally it stopped inclining so he got on and tried to change the speed. The machine made a loud noise and abruptly stopped almost throwing my husband who is 80 years old.

Everything shut down, it did not even have electric going in it. We called Sears again. They scheduled another appointment 7am-5pm. The tech came and looked at it and said he needed to order all the parts again plus another part and it would take 2 weeks and scheduled another appointment for June 7 for 8am-5pm. The tech said he tried the treadmill before he left and it worked perfect. I have trouble understanding that because as soon as we turned it on it wasn't working correctly. It is sad that all we needed was the annual check up on a working machine that now doesn't work. The Customer Service is awful. Every time I called the first call is strangely disconnected and I need to call back. I will say Customer Service Rep. Linda was very compassionate but could do anything. We are now at the mercy of Sears and the Tech.

I am so disgusted and disappointed in Sears. I not only will not be shopping there I am sharing my experience with all acquaintances. The tech always gave a receipt when he was leaving, however, the last time he said his computer was down and could not print one. I have contacted Sears 3 different times and still no receipt for the last visit! We were told when we purchased the extended warranty that if the tech could not fix the product we would get a new upgraded model. Come to find out that is not the case. Totally disgusted with Sears. At one time Sears was a reliable company. Not any more!

Original review: May 27, 2017

Our 5 year old water heater we bought from Sears started leaking. When I called they said it had a 12 year warranty if it had to be replaced, but they couldn't get someone there to look at it for 2 weeks. I told them this was unacceptable to go without hot water for 2 weeks. They didn't care. I told them I would just call a plumber in our area, and they said the warranty would only cover a Sears technician. Such a scummy way for Sears to try to get out of a warranty! It gets worse.

I called and had a local plumber fix it the next day - just replaced a part. When I called Sears back to get a copy of our warranty, I talked to at least 7 people in different departments and they all said there was no record of a warranty. I finally found it in our owner's manual. We do have a 10 year warranty that not only covers replacement, but repair! This company and the people working there are scumbags! They will obviously go to great lengths to get out of upholding their end of a warranty. No wonder they are a sinking ship!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 26, 2017

Wow, I'll never buy anything at Sears, Pacific View Mall, Ventura, Ca. again. They were supposed to deliver a new refrigerator between 7 to 9 this morning (in writing) then postponed it to noon to 2 (voicemail), then postponed it to Saturday without notice (recorded phone msg), then denied ever having said that and scheduled it to next Tuesday when no one is home. Now the latest online update says "Oops, there was a problem scheduling your delivery, please call blah blah blah." Now the better half has jumped into her car to do the 40 mile round trip to talk face to face with real people and demand a refund (that'll never happen).

Original review: May 26, 2017

Purchased two dresses on April 22. Went to return on May 15th. Store was closed. Closed at 7:00. I work until 6:00. Couldn't get there during the week. May 26th was first available day to get to store early. Would not give in store credit or let me return them due to them having a 30 day return item policy that I was unaware of them having. Never once did I ask for my money back, just the opportunity to exchange for another item. Cashier should have told me that when I purchased the item. Didn't see anything posted about return policy... This will be my last purchase in Sears or Kmart. Sorry. Store is struggling financially but customer service is not a priority, and could very well be the problem.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I have been taken aback today!!! Customer service at its worst. I have a Kenmore washer/dryer combo. The dryer element went out 3 weeks ago. On the day I called was told the technician would be out between 8 and 5 the following day. Got a call at noon that he had called in sick and they would have to reschedule for the next week. The next week technician showed up, replaced the thermostat and said he would have to order the heating element and be back the next week. New technician came out last week and took dryer completely apart. He replaced the heating element, told us he worked on these things every day, was a bad investment, and we needed to buy an extended warranty.

As he was trying to get the drum back in, he had to call another technician who instructed him that he would have to take the top off the unit and replace the drum that way. When I started the dryer the next morning it was making an unbalanced awful sound. I immediately called Sears and told the gentleman on the phone. He assured me I would have a technician at my door today between 8 and 5. WELL, at 3:00 something said to call. I did and the girl informed my technician was about 15 minutes away. At 4:45 I received a call from a technician that informed me that he would be unable to come service my dryer. I instantly received a text that it would be 6/5/2017 before someone would be here. I am BEYOND upset!!!

After a few phone calls and a few people I did not understand I called the local store. I did receive some uplifting news from a manager and a new American phone number. I called and spoke with a gentleman that once again confirmed the next available service date to be 6/5/2017. I informed him "That would not work, I needed it tomorrow." He put me on hold and came back to inform me he had requested for the next available service time to be mine 6/5/2017. I am DONE with Sears. I know this does not mean a lot to them, but where has the customer deserves service gone? My house almost caught on fire due to the error of their service technician! He replaced the drum incorrectly and the screws fell out. Come on, is this what we have come to? This machine is not even a year old!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Whole House Warranty and Appliance Repair - This pains me to say, because I grew up with Sears. Our house was (still is) filled with Kenmore Appliances, my car has a DieHard battery, my shop, like my father's, is full of Craftsman Tools. When I was a kid, the highlight of the year was the arrival of the Sears Christmas Catalogue. WTF happened to this once great company? We bought a new oven from Sears 5 years ago. It recently conked out. We called Sears Appliance Repairs (with whom we'd always had good luck and good service). A repair appt. was scheduled, with a 4-hour "window" for the repairman. The day came. I waited. No repairman. Toward the end of the day, I got a call. The repairman had called in sick. It happens. Appt. reset.

Again I waited. No repairman. When the day was over (and the "window" long closed) and an entire day utterly wasted, I got hold of Sears. They'd check. An hour later (i.e. another wasted hour), the repairman called. Seems things had run a bit long and, naturally, it was now too late to honor the appt. Appt. reset (they assured me that, having been "stiffed" twice, I was "guaranteed" a visit the next time). Once more, the appointed day came and I waited. And waited. And waited. With an hour and a half left in the day, I got a call, "the repairman is on his way." Oh, goody. And then I waited. And waited. AND finally, with less than 15 minutes left, the repairman showed up, plugged in his diagnostic machine, spent 5 minutes logging the result and told me he needed to order some parts and it will be another week (we've already been without an oven for almost two weeks, but what are you gonna do?).

So, an appt. is made a week hence. 3 days later, incidentally, the parts arrive at our house. And, finally, the day of the appt. arrives (in the meantime, I might note, as with all the other times, my "Inbox" is exploding with appt. confirmations, cautioning me to be there during the appointed "window", which, incidentally, is seldom consistently reported, and I am also the favored recipient of multiple computer generated calls reminding me of the appt.). And as before, I waited. And waited. And waited. This time, however, rather than give Sears the benefit of the doubt, the moment the "window" expired, I called Sears Home Service, where I was greeted by a robot which assured me that I could talk to it "just as tho' (it was) a person..." - what it didn't say was that I was talking to a very dimwitted person which only had one answer to every question and every phrasing thereof.

Finally I asked it to do something which was actually within its competence, namely that it "connect me to a representative". Then I found out why Sears felt it needed to hire a dimwitted robot... Seems the robot was the only one with any answers, even if it was always the same non-responsive one. Long story short, I was endlessly shuttled from one person to the next, with copious (COPIOUS) wait times listening to ghastly music between each representative, each of whom would oblige me to answer the same extensive series of questions over and over again, only to ultimately decide that I needed someone else to assist me (my only question, I might note, was "where's my serviceman", which, seemingly, is a very, very complex issue requiring not less than 6 different departments to handle).

Of course, the sheer number of different accents and native tongues (none of which, I might note, was English) did add some interest to the process, tho', by then, I was, perhaps too frustrated to fully appreciate it all. Finally, a nice lady (who sounded suspiciously like the first person I talked to - at least she was every bit as incomprehensible as that one) agreed to send an email to the people who were actually supposed to do the repair to find out where the serviceman was (yes, I know, that's kind of what I had asked originally). 30 minutes later (half of it spend on the phone waiting because the nice lady forgot to tell me that I didn't need to wait and that the service people would call me directly...), I got a call from the folks who actually do the repair work. Seems that I somehow didn't get on their schedule.

So sorry (maybe some of those helpful reminders which Sears kept sending me might have been more helpfully directed to the other essential party to the transaction). I'm set to try again a week from now. Anyone care to guess how that one's gonna turn out? Look, mistakes happen. I understand that. What I don't understand is institutional incompetence. That, as near as I can tell, is all that Sears has to offer anymore. Maybe it's time to change my brand loyalties.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Don't ever buy any appliances from Sears. Been roughly 2 months waiting to get repairs done to a brand new (less than a year old) refrigerator. From incorrect diagnosis, wrong parts orders to worst, missed scheduled and confirmed appointments (this was the second time I had to take off from work). All I've been getting is lots of "I'm sorry". Caution to those needing appliances - DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS. BEWARE... you will find yourself posting to their site and on the phone frustrated with their "customer service reps" just like I am at this very moment.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Don't call them to repair anything. They won't fix it, but will be happy to charge you. The repair man wasn't even gone 5 minutes and I called them to tell them he didn't fix my dryer, and they say, "Well we are sorry to hear this. We can reschedule for him to come back in 2 weeks."

Original review: May 25, 2017

It is beyond shame and reason to think that an install delivery team would steal from the homeowner, but, did they? All I know is on Sunday I had $1,400.00 in cash and then the team of two men came on Monday...and then I didn't. I can certainly account for the one installer's whereabouts. He was in my basement with me making the most inappropriate comments and I quote, "WELL YOU'RE RICH", and, "IF YOUR DOG COMES DOWN HERE I'LL SHOOT IT". I asked about the whereabout of the other and I was told that, "HE SITS IN THE TRUCK AND LOOKS PRETTY". Yes, I certainly was played on here. I am a single woman, 60's with disabilities who foolishly left what was sacred her home open to G-d knows what? I also had to have an additional team come back later because the install was done so poorly and mistakes that needed to be undone.

Does SEARS care? ARE YOU KIDDING...I am just concerned for my very life...I will never get my money and G-D only knows what this ROUGH TRADE can and could do to me now. All over a washer and dryer. Warning ladies - have a man or a friend present. Your life and your safety may depend on it. Sears contracts their help and their customer service is all in Asia. I wish I was spared from this awful experience. This is just really wrong.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Sears Home Warranty is nothing but big scam. We have made 2 claims and both times they come to our house, collect deductible and a month later they claim it is not covered in our plan. One of the 2 times they changed their mind after they gave us 2 months of runaround. Do not waste your time or money with Sears. At this rate they will go out of business.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Just cannot believe this company that once was so reliable has come to this. I used Sears for more than 28 years. Last 3 years the changes made me wonder, but what can I say? I am so loyal and was trying to be one of the customers that support and did not wanted to see this company go done, I have master protection with them for over 15 years. Most of my appliances was purchase from them. Make a story short, I HOPE SOMEONE FROM CORPORATE WILL CHECK THE COMPLAINTS AND FIX THEM BEFORE LOSE LOYAL CUSTOMERS LIKE ME.

My dishwasher broke. I paid over $2100 for double door dishwasher. The tech try to fix it for more than 6 visit, then he told me, "You have a right to ask us to replace it or still try to fix it." My husband convince me to say replace it. They gave me a receipt or claim number. 3 days later I got a call saying that I can go ahead to Sears and pick up a dishwasher for under $600!!! I was shock. Master Protection Agreement is to replace it for exact same thing or same value.

I went to Sears. They did not have any KITCHENAID dishwasher for that price. I call the department saying I want same dishwasher, they said Sears won't carry that because it's too expensive. But there is another no name brand that has double washer. I can pick that one if I want to. Make the story short I call them so many time to accept, coming back and fixing it. Finally they came. Problem is not fixed yet BUT AS I SAID I WAS SO LOYAL, I decided to only use bottom draw and forget about the top draw. THEN DECIDED TO CHANGE MY APPLIANCES again like a -- person. I go back to Sears. I got the range. Came damage. I call the company, they were trying to convince me to keep it with 20% discount. I said NO, but I felt they knowingly send me damage one because the rep was not even asking me proper question.

WORSE I did purchase a refrigerator, this time I ask them to take it from the box before they even deliver to the house, guess what same thing. Refrigerator had a big dent in front of it SO I REFUSE TO TAKE IT. I said to them, "First shame on you. Second shame on me." But guess what, they did not return my credit to the credit company. Their last word was, "We have no idea where is the refrigerator. Therefore cannot give you credit back." I waited 10 days. Finally got credit company involve and got the money back. ALL I CAN SAY. JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THIS COMPANY THAT ONCE WAS THE LEADER, RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY HAS COME TO THIS.

Original review: May 24, 2017

After purchasing a number of appliances over the years from Sears I can say that I will never purchase another. I needed my dishwasher repaired. They gave me a ridiculous 4-hour window and as I tracked my appointment throughout the day the technician pushed it further back. I called to ensure that he was still coming and a customer service rep said it was still a valid and open appointment and that I could continue to wait. The technician never showed nor called and rescheduled my appointment without my knowledge to a day that did not work for me. Customer solutions was of no help. They could not give me an appointment that works with my schedule nor did they attempt to shorten the wait time window. I would have expected better service from all parties involved. Especially from the technician who never called and left me waiting for 7 hours on a day I had to take off from work. Sears gets an F for professionalism and customer service!!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Dish Washer Repair - Looking at all of these reviews, it seems as if writing this one is a waste of my time. But here it goes anyway. I have never written a review in my life. I've worked in restaurants, customer service, sales, etc. and I know how unbelievably frustrating it is when some miserable person just wants something to complain about. So I don't write reviews, because there is always two sides to a story. But I assure you, this is not the case.

My dishwasher heating coil warped and melted a hole in the bottom of the tub. The repair guy came out, looked at it, and ordered a new heating coil and new tub. He said he would be back between 1 pm and 5 pm on Friday, May 19 2017. I took off of work with no pay to be there. It was storming that day so I called around 2:30 just to make sure he was still coming. The automated message said my appointment had now switched to between 4:30 and 6:30. Whatever, no big deal.

6:20 rolls around so I call and now speak to a representative. She tells me that he will be there between 12:30 and 4:30 pm. It was 6:20 pm! How could he possibly be here within that time slot? From that point on, she had extreme attitude with me. She put me on hold and when she came back she said that I had been marked down as "Nobody home" and it was my fault for not being there. I was home all day. I never once left my house. She then said she wouldn't be able to reschedule my appointment until late June. When I told her that was unacceptable, she said well I have time available on Wednesday, May 24 between 7 and 11. So I said ok let's do that and she said ok thank you have a nice day and PRETENDED to hang up on me. She put me on mute. I said, "Hello?" about 5 times before she came back on and said, "Yes, how can I help you?" so I said never mind and just got off the phone.

Today is Wednesday, May 24. I took off today again with no pay. The repairman showed up at 10:20 am and as soon as he saw the boxes that were delivered to my house he started laughing. I asked him what was funny and he said that there was no way that was the tub because the box was too small. He opened the box and laughed again and said, "Yep this is a rack". He felt awful, so I guess that counts for something. But now he is coming back on Tuesday, May 30 and I will have to take off work AGAIN with no pay. For the THIRD TIME.

I called customer service and got "Accidentally hung up on"... Nobody called back. So when I called again I asked to speak to a supervisor and she would not transfer me until I explained the situation to her. When I explained the entire situation, she said, "Well it's 10:50. He still has 10 minutes to show up." She didn't listen to anything I said! I explained again that he already showed up and so on and so forth. Finally I said, "Listen you clearly aren't understanding me. Please just transfer me to a supervisor".

When I got on the phone with the supervisor after about a 10 minute holding time, I explained the situation. She seemed outraged at first. Then when I said I paid for these new parts that were supposed to be replaced last Friday, at the end of this, I will have taken 3 unpaid days off work, and I will have been without a dishwasher for over a month. She said to me, "We'll just have someone come over for you on Tuesday." So let me get this straight. You're now telling me to inconvenience someone else because of your company's mistakes?!?! I told her I wanted at least a discount on the items I purchased and she told me there was nothing she could do. The only thing she could do was send me a gift card to Sears. That gift card amount? $50. I make $200 a day and I will have missed 3 days. That's $600 I'm out of because of you and your way of showing me customer service is $50?!?! Are you kidding me?!

It's not even about the money. Keep the $50 gift card, I don't need it. It's the fact that throughout this entire process, I've been hung up on, I've been lied to, I've been accused of not being home when I was. I've been sent the wrong parts, and I've been made to take 3 days off of work, and for some reason. Not one of you cares enough to do anything about it. Nothing. If my company did that to one of our customers, those people would be fired and the customer would receive some type of apology. Don't ever forget that the customers are the people that make you your money. Judging by these reviews and how pretty much everyone has had terrible experiences, I'm assuming you forgot that a long, long time ago. I will never purchase another product made by Sears again. This was an incredibly infuriating experience. Can't wait to see what kind of nonsense I have to go through next week! Thanks for absolutely nothing.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I think it's a total ripoff Sears only offers a 90-day warranty on their repair service. I had service done on my 3-year-old Kenmore 3-door refrigerator freezer, spent almost $300, and almost 5 months to the day it's having the exact same issue. It's like either they sell you crap parts or didn't fix the problem correctly then after 3 months expect you to pay full price for the same work. I'm done with the scam.

Original review: May 23, 2017

We purchased from Sears a new Kenmore Elite electric double-wall oven Model # 79048459 in December, 2016 for our remodeled kitchen. In all instances, when trying to broil chicken, beef, or fish in our top oven, the oven generated so much smoke and grease that our fire alarms (located about 20 feet away between two rooms) would go off. We contacted Sears, and their experienced technicians came to our home and essentially replaced all of the electrical components in our oven and the heating coil. After this was completed, we placed a 1 inch steak on a professional broiling pan in the top oven at 550 degrees, and lowered the rack position to 4 according to the Sears manual for this oven and in less than 4 minutes in the oven (without even opening the door of the oven) the smoke being blown out of the top of the oven was so dense that our fire alarms went off once again.

The Sears' technicians noted this on their report. The steak in less than 4 minutes had thrown grease all over the oven walls, had an excessive amount of smoke in the oven when we opened it, and was cooked well-done in less than 6 minutes without even turning the steak over. We asked Sears to replace the oven, telling them that the oven runs too hot for us to control it. They declined to do so, and told us we needed to reschedule another appointment with the technicians, and assured us in an email that the oven would be fixed. The same technician returned this month (May, 2017) to try to repair our oven. He told us there was nothing further he could do to correct the problem and told us to put foil over the meat when broiling to cut down on the amount of grease and smoke.

Inside the oven it tells you not to use foil, which I reminded him of. Then he suggested that we lower the broiling temperature to 500 degrees and once again follow the directions in the Sears manual for broiling a 1-inch steak. Again, we placed the steak on the same broiling pan in the top oven (which my wife had already cleaned), but this time lowered the rack to the #2 position, which is a "baking" position and after 6 minutes opened the oven to turn the steak over and grease was flying everywhere (even on me), the smoke generated once again caused our fire alarms to go off. But I continued the process, and after 4 minutes broiling on the second side of the steak, we removed the steak to see that the exterior of the steak is charred and the interior of the steak is completely rare (uncooked).

We have broiled chicken at the lower temperature of 450 degrees and the same issues. The oven is so hot, that the amount of smoke generated is so severe that we can smell the odors in our second storey bedrooms. The amount of grease thrown all over the oven worries us that the oven could potentially catch on fire. Again, we asked Sears to replace the oven, which they have declined to do. We have used the oven less than a dozen times in 5 months. Who would want to cook with this oven knowing that the fire alarms are going to go off each time, and that they will have to clean the excessive amount of grease all over the oven each time. There is no doubt that this oven is too hot to handle.

One of last solutions the technician gave us was to simply bake everything in our oven, rather than use the broiler. Sears refuses to replace the oven and after 4 repairs, still insist that a technician come to our home again to assess the problem, which by the way is a 4-hour window that they hold you captive for each time. It's interesting, that when we purchased the oven in Dec., 2016 that the rating given by Sears on the oven for their website was a 4-5 star. If you check it today, it has no rating. I wonder why?

Original review: May 23, 2017

Horrible - Went to buy Large Appliances in March - Wanted to split payment with cash and CC. Sears MADE me purchase a Gift Card because they CAN'T do the transaction with a bank account (this is the 21 century right?). Purchased a $2000.00 Gift Card. Did NOT receive the email with number and pin EVER!!! 3 hours on the phone - felt sorry for the CS lady. Then sent to Corp - Gift Card dept. They insisted through Hoffman Estates that they had to mail it - takes 7-10 business days YET they took my money out of my account in less than a day. I received the gift card 14 days later. When placing the order AGAIN - the prices went up and they would not honor orig. and also refused to refund my gift card. What kind of business does this these days!!!

I wait for the next sale - go through all this crap again - CS tells me delivery May 23 - still get no receipt through email... Get all the advertisements but nothing for the purchase of $4300. Of Course. The CS (Sharsta) very nice girl... tells me I will have the items May 23... That day comes and my husband said he received a call from Sears in OH and they will have to do the installation The 25th for the dishwasher - I asked him if that meant the microwave too. He didn't know.

Now I call to find out and the delivery is JUNE 26!!! What is going on there? Why does it take over a month. Then NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE can help me. They are not allowed to expedite orders or do anything for a customer. "So sorry Mrs. K..." That is all they know how to say - He (Joseph in Scheduling in another country) told me the CS rep needed a Corrective Action!!! REALLY. I thought he did just for stating that. This is the worst time I have experienced buying anything. I used to work for a parts 3PL - Sears being my main customer and I would NEVER treat them this way or I would lose them as a customer. Crazy!! I can't get anyone in the USA SEARS to help! This is a very sad day. :( Will not be shopping here again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

After 3 visits to fix ice maker- still not fixed. Each time they come I need to take off work, which if I do not go to work I do not get paid. April 2, 2017 Sears Home Repair came out to fix ice maker. Needed to order part. Reschedule 5/12/17- needed more part. Rescheduled 5/22/17- had wrong part- reordered correct part. Rescheduled 6/2/17. Each time they come I have to take off of work and the 4-hour slots they give you keeps changing the day of the visit and so you are here all day. The only response I get when I call is, "I am sorry." Sorry just does not cut it. My time is money just like theirs and they do not make any accommodations.

Requested that they allow to make two appointments since they book up quickly and I knew that the second part they ordered was wrong and would need another appointment and I did not want to wait 2 weeks again to get it fixed. Their response is that they can only make one appointment at a time - I explained why I needed another but they were "sorry" but that is their policy. They could only give me one appointment. The business is hiding and do not take responsibility for their actions. The phone service tells you that they "only here to help schedule the appointment" yet when I told them I am going public they quickly had the Sears repair person here after waiting 7 hours, third appointment, for them when I had a 8-12 slot. This is not acceptable.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Repair time for a dishwasher was well over a month with no-show appointments causing many days of missed work and no service. Communication was unacceptable and the only notifications of no-show appointments were following a web link.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I bought a mattress from Sears. Filed a claim before my 60 days of warranty was up. They would not honor that my claim was put in before the 60 days was up and they told me that because the claim wasn't closed before the 60 days they would not cover anything on the warranty. I haven't even had my mattress for 3 months and the topper is ripping. Customer service would not help me in any way and only gave me a hard time. Nowhere in the warranty booklet I got did it say they will not cover fabric of the mattress. I will never go to Sears for another item and I recommend you do not either.

Original review: May 20, 2017

My mother recently purchased and installed a new washer/dryer from Sears. She purchased the extended service agreement for an additional $600 which lasts for five years. It says right in the paperwork that if you cancel the service program within 60 days you get a full refund (it's even highlighted!). Well my mother called to cancel after a week of having the washer and dryer installed (why pay six hundred dollars for brand new equipment when you can buy a brand new piece for that much). Nothing should go wrong in the first five years anyway!

So I was sitting there when she called to cancel and the woman barely spoke English well. It was extremely hard to make out what she was saying. She then proceeded to tell us that she cancelled the service agreement but we can't get a refund. What?! It says right in the contract highlighted in blue that if you cancel in the first 60 days you get a FULL refund and then a prorated refund if you cancel after that. We also got disconnected during all of this. Then we call back--they don't even call us even though we gave them our call back number at the beginning.

After we called back somehow we got the same person who was very difficult to understand and put us on hold again for a very long time. Meanwhile my mom tried calling from a different line so she could see if she could get someone we could understand better and when she did the woman on the other line is trying to tell my mom that it's not her account, but her husband's. My mother told her that my father is deceased so it's under her name now and the woman proceeds to argue with her!!! This is unbelievable! Customer service?! More like customer HEADACHE!!!! You give them your hard earned money and you can't even get decent service.

I was told by someone (I don't know if it's true or not) that Sears isn't doing well. Based on this recent experience I can see why. Finally the initial woman I was talking to came back on the line and said she will refund the money and I was able to make out the confirmation number. I am all about people from other countries coming to America and working hard. But if you are trying to communicate with someone in a customer service department you should be able to understand what they're saying. (I would think that'd be a prerequisite). It was extremely frustrating. I would advise anyone against purchasing this agreement.

Original review: May 20, 2017

In 2016 I purchased a 7000 Pro Riding mower with a 42" deck. In the spring I started mowing my small yard. After a few hours of operation the mower would hardly climb a small incline. At 7.5 Hours it would not move at all. I went to our local Sears outlet and received almost no help, just a number to call for service. (I'm sorry I didn't return the mower then). I called Sears helpline and a repairman showed up about a week later and replaced the (Plastic transmission). I'm now into my second year with the mower and have a grand total of 16.5 hours on it. The mower deck belt keeps coming off until eventually it fell apart. Again I went to our local Sears store, lucky they had a replacement belt on hand. Apparently it was not under warranty so I paid $41.00 for a new belt. God I hate this mower.

Original review: May 19, 2017

On May 16, 2017 I requested Sears Home Services to diagnose and potentially repair my broken refrigerator with a appointment arrival time of 1-5PM on 5/17/17. On the Sears.com website, it stated it accepts Sears gift card as a form of payment. When technician arrived 5:45PM, he diagnosed the refrigerator and demanded payment once completed. The total was $109. I gave him my Sears gift card and he refused to accept it stating he only accepts cash or credit card. The reason I called Sears Home Services was because I had a gift card and wanted to use it as the form of payment. Because he was in my house and I didn't want to be confrontational, I went ahead and paid with a credit card.

The following morning, I called Sears customer service and explained what had happened. They acknowledged that the technician should've accepted my gift card and was dumbfounded why he didn't. Sears customer service stated that there was nothing they can do moving forward. Now I still have my gift card which defeats the purpose of my request for the original service as now I had to pay and additional $109. By not accepting its own store's gift card when they are in your home, they are forcing consumers to spend additional money. This is fraud and a class action needs to be filed.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have had Sears Home warranty for several years but will never use them again. I have two appliances that needed constant repairs. There is so much that has gone wrong with this company but I will keep this short: Chest Freezer: Door does not close properly. Had Sears come "fix" it over two year period of time. Asked to have it replaced since I met the number of times it needed to be repaired to qualify for replacement. I was then told not enough parts had been replaced to meet the qualification. (Often the repairman would readjust the door when he was out vs. buy a new part.)

I was eventually told it would be replaced and they would let me know how that would happen. After about a month I contacted them and was told to be patient they were still working on the approval but was told "don't worry it will be approved". Called again about 2 months later since still haven't heard back and was told it was denied and "why are you just now calling about it?" When I tried to explain what I was told previously the phone went dead.

Double oven: After two years of having repairs about every 2-3 months I gave up. I was told the oven could not be replaced since our agreement with that was just for repairs. I'm not sure how I had some of my appliances covered just for repairs and others for replacement. When I was sold this warranty this was not explained to me. Even the repairmen told me how poorly run the business is. Sad that Sears has come to be so untrustworthy.

Original review: May 19, 2017

This is the worst service I have ever seen. I currently have 3 broken appliances and have been charged for another which should have been covered and am currently fighting for my refund they promised. Initially I called about my fridge and dishwasher - still working but with broken parts. A service repairman came out, promised me parts and never showed up. Three months and several calls to Sears later and they are sending out two repairman for different days this week. While I am spending my day waiting for one I noticed on Sears order lookup that it was rescheduled for next week. When I called they confirmed but no one had the decency to call me and left me taking time off from work to be here.

My washer door lock is also not working. I had to call Sears 3 times (supposedly the claim was filed incorrectly). When the guy came out it worked on his second try so he left without doing anything and sure enough the next day it stopped working again. Now trying to get someone back out but they won't do it until they hear from the first guy which means another several calls and days - family of 5 needs a washing machine. These guys are really inept. RUN don't walk from this warranty service. As soon as I get my refund back we are leaving this company.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Please do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can and do not waste your money on Sears Home Appliance Warranty. I joined in October 2016, paid $52 per month for a Appliance Service contract. I never made a claim or took advantage of the promised "free" preventative maintenance benefit. I called 05-19-2017 only to find out the "free" preventative maintenance option expired 4 days ago on May 15, 2017. I was appalled that there was no manager/supervisor available that could look at my situation and make it decision to honor the preventative maintenance since I was NEVER informed of the expiration date.

I only got excuses and after 45 minutes on the phone listening to customer service psycho babble I asked that my contract be cancelled. Thank you Sears for taking my $400 plus and giving me NOTHING in return. If you are interested in this type of service contract there are better options available. If you choose to do business with SEARS please read the contract they mail you carefully. I am FOREVER DONE with this company. DINOSAURS eventually die off and go extinct anyway.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I thought I was ordering bunk beds only to find out that all I ordered was the railings. I contacted Sears who told me that it came from a third party and I would have to contact them. I had to pay out of pocket to ship it back, they have had it for two weeks, NO ONE will help me or call me back. There is NO WAY this company can stay in business treating customers like this! I'm out over $400 and I have learned a very expensive lesson to NEVER EVER use Sears EVER again.

Original review: May 19, 2017

If you are looking for anything that needs to be delivered, I would not purchase from Sears. For the last 10 days, they have been telling us times of deliveries (6 different times) and only after several calls to find out it will not happen. I asked for customer service they send me to the Philippines and I am told a supervisor will not be available until 10 pm. We spent 2000.00 on a tractor to be treated like this. #sears #badcustomerservice #help!!!

Sears Company Information