1.29/5

77 Sears Portrait Studio Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2016

We set up an appointment at the Sears in willowbrook langley for my 2.5 year old. The first pictures ever done in a studio. The person doing the pictures was nice. I sat down and chose my pictures. Found out after paying and everything THEN told I'd have to wait 3 weeks. To me that's insane. Why send pics to ontario to print when it's easy to just print the damn pics on the spot, you know "one hour photo" type deal. Ok I paid $90 for 6 pictures which is also crazy to me. I went to pick up the pictures 2 or 3 weeks later and the lady said the shop put some extras in with my ordered photos. I was like, "Oh that's nice"... but it's $25. What the hell. So I pay $25 for 3 extra pictures or they get thrown in the garbage. Needless to say I did not buy them as I thought the original $90 was crazy. While going through the pictures to pick what ones I wanted she tried getting me to buy a 30$ collage!!! Like do I look rich? The pricing is insane. I will never go back.

Original review: April 17, 2016

Overcharged for photos and upsold me on a package for their 'on location' photo service. Story - Went to Sears to get infant passport photos, upsold on a 'on location' package. Warning: do not purchase this! When emailing to set up an appointment with their 3rd party photo company to set up 'on location' photos (three times through email & twice by phone) there was no response to anything. So we decided to go back to Brentwood Mall Burnaby as why should I pay if they weren't going to answer me.

When asking for a refund they said they would not and they only could contact the 3rd party by email (So why would they reply to her and not the 3 emails I already sent???). So I went to customer service instead and spoke with the manager at Sears. I told them I was willing to pay full price for the passport photos but not for this upsell as there was no response to any of my request for appointments. After some back and forth between going to the photo centre and customer service the store refunded me then went back to the photo centre where the lady charged me $25.99 for passport photos which seemed high for the price. I decided to phone Metrotown Photo Studio and they told me infant photos cost $21.99 so what's with the price discrepancy? Conclusion - go elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

Sears photo in Holbrook went out of business and I never received my photos or any warning that this was going to occur. This happened over 2 years ago but I just found my receipt - am still upset that my money wasn't returned but more upset that my priceless photos were never given to me.

Original review: May 27, 2015

So we went to Sears (Fairview Mall) to have pictures done and it ended up costing 350$ not to mention the effort the lady put into upsell. I picked up our package today and to my surprise the frames aren't even the frames she showed us. She had shown us wooden heavy strong frames. The ones she gave us are made out of cheap dollar store plastic. Order was wrong for the sheets as well. Then the lady tried getting me to buy "extra" prints for 25$. They are in it for the money only. Avoid Sears and go to a better portrait facility! Or just buy the CD and do it yourself!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

Very poor customer service. I was ignored for 10 minutes and when asked if I should take my business elsewhere she was rude and snappy. All I was seeking was some acknowledgment and a friendly 'I'll be right with you'. All in all not a good experience. If you have the option, take your business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

I work at the NEW photo studio at Sears Neshaminy mall. It is owned by Noerr and not CPI. We were told we had no access to photos from past orders but just yesterday we found in loading dock a HUGE amount of photos from 2012/2013 maybe earlier. Some are huge 16 by 20, some are framed, some are cards, some are packages. We have session numbers and last names but no contact information to get in touch with you! We are keeping them as long as we can (our company don't want to keep them). We as employees want to make past Sears photo customers happy and maybe get them as our customers so if you or anyone you know never got their orders from the Neshaminy mall Sears in Bensalem please call or stop by ASAP and we will see if we can find your order!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

I brought my son in to have his first birthday pictures at Sears Portrait Studio on February 2013 in Pensacola, FL. Three weeks went by with no call or email stating my pictures were ready, I called the studio and they said they were ready. I went in the next week to find out the studio had closed and my pictures were nowhere to be found!! :,( I have cried countless tears and now have a blank page in my son's baby book. I never received a refund or my once in a lifetime memories. Please, if anyone knows who to contact or what to do, let me know. I can be contacted at **. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 12, 2013

After months & months of trying to get my granddaughter's pictures, I was told they can't be found. I also can't get refunded unless I provide the receipt which is long gone now. They should have that information! I was a portrait club member! I didn't even get all of the benefits of a paid in full membership! I do want to join any class action lawsuit!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2013

I was actually a manager with the CPI Corp. at both the Federal Way, WA and the Tukwila, WA portrait studios. I am sorry about everything that happened to everyone but I did want to clear at least a couple things up. First of all, Sears is a separate company from the portrait studio. So sadly, they not only had no knowledge of it happening but also have no power over what happens to the portraits. Second, I had been a manager for over two years. Neither us nor any of our district managers had any clue what was happening. I walked into the studio to clock in only to have a pop up on my computer tell me I was closed. Did not even receive so much as a phone call from the company. Sears management also had no clue.

Third, we were finally told that all images that had already been ordered were to be there as scheduled but that no more orders would be accepted. As I have stayed friends with a few customers I tried to keep up with that was going on. I was informed by the Sears itself that no pictures had come in since the closure and that there were no more coming in to their knowledge.

Sadly, any refund they had to give came out of the Sears store and cost them a lot of money because of a company that went bankrupt. It’s very sad to me that they had to pay for all the problems when it really had nothing to do with them. Would you sue a mall because a store within it closed? No...so why sue Sears for the portrait studio when they are two separate companies. One last thing for everyone…I did find out they only closed the ones in the United States. The ones in Canada are still open. I think everyone should contact the company up there and harass them until they get their pictures. Technically the home office should have access to all of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

My two children had photos taken at Sears Portrait Studio on 3/29/2013. At that time, I paid in full for a portrait package. I collaged photos, resized them and selected which photos I wanted in my package. Today is 9/3/2013 and CPI is unavailable and Sears isn't any help!! The photos are priceless, and I'm told I'll never receive them. If anyone is suing these companies in a class action suit, please include me too! They captured and I purchased a moment that I can not get back. I want my children's photos.

Sears Portrait Studio Company Information