Sears Portrait Studio

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We set up an appointment at the Sears in willowbrook langley for my 2.5 year old. The first pictures ever done in a studio. The person doing the pictures was nice. I sat down and chose my pictures. Found out after paying and everything THEN told I'd have to wait 3 weeks. To me that's insane. Why send pics to ontario to print when it's easy to just print the damn pics on the spot, you know "one hour photo" type deal. Ok I paid $90 for 6 pictures which is also crazy to me. I went to pick up the pictures 2 or 3 weeks later and the lady said the shop put some extras in with my ordered photos. I was like, "Oh that's nice"... but it's $25. What the hell. So I pay $25 for 3 extra pictures or they get thrown in the garbage. Needless to say I did not buy them as I thought the original $90 was crazy. While going through the pictures to pick what ones I wanted she tried getting me to buy a 30$ collage!!! Like do I look rich? The pricing is insane. I will never go back.

Overcharged for photos and upsold me on a package for their 'on location' photo service. Story - Went to Sears to get infant passport photos, upsold on a 'on location' package. Warning: do not purchase this! When emailing to set up an appointment with their 3rd party photo company to set up 'on location' photos (three times through email & twice by phone) there was no response to anything. So we decided to go back to Brentwood Mall Burnaby as why should I pay if they weren't going to answer me.

When asking for a refund they said they would not and they only could contact the 3rd party by email (So why would they reply to her and not the 3 emails I already sent???). So I went to customer service instead and spoke with the manager at Sears. I told them I was willing to pay full price for the passport photos but not for this upsell as there was no response to any of my request for appointments. After some back and forth between going to the photo centre and customer service the store refunded me then went back to the photo centre where the lady charged me $25.99 for passport photos which seemed high for the price. I decided to phone Metrotown Photo Studio and they told me infant photos cost $21.99 so what's with the price discrepancy? Conclusion - go elsewhere.

Sears photo in Holbrook went out of business and I never received my photos or any warning that this was going to occur. This happened over 2 years ago but I just found my receipt - am still upset that my money wasn't returned but more upset that my priceless photos were never given to me.

So we went to Sears (Fairview Mall) to have pictures done and it ended up costing 350$ not to mention the effort the lady put into upsell. I picked up our package today and to my surprise the frames aren't even the frames she showed us. She had shown us wooden heavy strong frames. The ones she gave us are made out of cheap dollar store plastic. Order was wrong for the sheets as well. Then the lady tried getting me to buy "extra" prints for 25$. They are in it for the money only. Avoid Sears and go to a better portrait facility! Or just buy the CD and do it yourself!

Very poor customer service. I was ignored for 10 minutes and when asked if I should take my business elsewhere she was rude and snappy. All I was seeking was some acknowledgment and a friendly 'I'll be right with you'. All in all not a good experience. If you have the option, take your business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I work at the NEW photo studio at Sears Neshaminy mall. It is owned by Noerr and not CPI. We were told we had no access to photos from past orders but just yesterday we found in loading dock a HUGE amount of photos from 2012/2013 maybe earlier. Some are huge 16 by 20, some are framed, some are cards, some are packages. We have session numbers and last names but no contact information to get in touch with you! We are keeping them as long as we can (our company don't want to keep them). We as employees want to make past Sears photo customers happy and maybe get them as our customers so if you or anyone you know never got their orders from the Neshaminy mall Sears in Bensalem please call or stop by ASAP and we will see if we can find your order!!!!

I brought my son in to have his first birthday pictures at Sears Portrait Studio on February 2013 in Pensacola, FL. Three weeks went by with no call or email stating my pictures were ready, I called the studio and they said they were ready. I went in the next week to find out the studio had closed and my pictures were nowhere to be found!! :,( I have cried countless tears and now have a blank page in my son's baby book. I never received a refund or my once in a lifetime memories. Please, if anyone knows who to contact or what to do, let me know. I can be contacted at **. Thank you

After months & months of trying to get my granddaughter's pictures, I was told they can't be found. I also can't get refunded unless I provide the receipt which is long gone now. They should have that information! I was a portrait club member! I didn't even get all of the benefits of a paid in full membership! I do want to join any class action lawsuit!

I was actually a manager with the CPI Corp. at both the Federal Way, WA and the Tukwila, WA portrait studios. I am sorry about everything that happened to everyone but I did want to clear at least a couple things up. First of all, Sears is a separate company from the portrait studio. So sadly, they not only had no knowledge of it happening but also have no power over what happens to the portraits. Second, I had been a manager for over two years. Neither us nor any of our district managers had any clue what was happening. I walked into the studio to clock in only to have a pop up on my computer tell me I was closed. Did not even receive so much as a phone call from the company. Sears management also had no clue.

Third, we were finally told that all images that had already been ordered were to be there as scheduled but that no more orders would be accepted. As I have stayed friends with a few customers I tried to keep up with that was going on. I was informed by the Sears itself that no pictures had come in since the closure and that there were no more coming in to their knowledge.

Sadly, any refund they had to give came out of the Sears store and cost them a lot of money because of a company that went bankrupt. It’s very sad to me that they had to pay for all the problems when it really had nothing to do with them. Would you sue a mall because a store within it closed? why sue Sears for the portrait studio when they are two separate companies. One last thing for everyone…I did find out they only closed the ones in the United States. The ones in Canada are still open. I think everyone should contact the company up there and harass them until they get their pictures. Technically the home office should have access to all of it.

My two children had photos taken at Sears Portrait Studio on 3/29/2013. At that time, I paid in full for a portrait package. I collaged photos, resized them and selected which photos I wanted in my package. Today is 9/3/2013 and CPI is unavailable and Sears isn't any help!! The photos are priceless, and I'm told I'll never receive them. If anyone is suing these companies in a class action suit, please include me too! They captured and I purchased a moment that I can not get back. I want my children's photos.

While they were open, I had no problems or complaints. It was their abrupt closing which caused all the problems. We were given no notice here in central NY of their closing and no opportunity to retrieve photos (and many memories) from the store or online. I had photos in store and many more online in albums that i was given no opportunity to retrieve. They did not give employees of the studio any notice either. If they had, perhaps others and I would have had a chance to get their photos. I am in if anyone is filing class action.

Sear's Portrait Studio closed..... Never received items I ordered. When I called Sears to figure out what happened, they gave us the runaround. Spent well over $100 and was only offered a $100 "refund". That's a payoff in my book, not a refund. I will never buy another product with the Sears name on it. EVER. What horrible customer service. They told me that the Sears portrait studio was a completely different company that filed bankruptcy. How can they not back something with their name on it. Crazy.... I'll be returning all my Craftsman tools. They have lost a very unhappy customer, and anyone I can bring along with me.

Had pics taken on 3/28/13 - never had phone call, email or anything about the closing. Called because they never confirmed another pic app had and was told they closed but since order was placed on 3/29/13 and paid for, pics would be at any register at Sears. Went in and manager said that unfortunately, they even stopped print on the pics and just sent a form.

Priceless memories gone forever!!! I am distraught!!! Called sears CS and they are refunding, but I just want them to be able to at least let me print the pics, or give me some way to get the pics!!! I can't go back in time and recreate a birthday!!! I was bawling on the phone with CS, and they just keep saying that even though they had a website, they are in bankruptcy and have no access to the pics. I guess they are forever gone?! I can't stop crying!!! There has to be a way to get our pics???

Went in on 03/24/13 with my two sons, nephew and sister. Loved the pics, the customer service was great. What I'm not happy about is that the week after, I received an email stating that they were closing and to order final photos before next week. Thought I had no worries since I picked out and paid cash for all the photos I wanted. I thought wrong. It is now July and still nothing. Each time I call and speak with a Sears employee, they constantly tell me to try back Monday or Friday. Getting my money back is an option, but I'd really rather have my pics. They were very nice photos... and the memories of that day are irreplaceable... Hope Sears does something about this. If anyone who took pics around that date has pics, let me know. I'll also keep everyone updated.

All I want is to recover the online albums from I was going to place a new order of those pictures when I found out that they were gone. I would like to know what to do to get at least those pictures back. Please help!!

My family and I had our 2013 Easter pictures taken at Sears. The package cost more than $200 but came with several sheets and a CD containing all of our shoots as well. I wasn't overly impressed with the photographer - especially for the price, but I wasn't going to complain because she was able to fit us in with very short notice. To be honest, because we got the CD, I had forgotten that we had an actual package coming as well. That is, until I received notice in the mail that CPI was going bankrupt, and I would need to file a proof of claim if I were to ever see my $200 again. After having NO success calling the phone number that was provided to me in the letter I received and checking out the website as well, I decided to try calling the Sears store.

The first attempt at this was also a fail because I was rudely disconnected. When I called back, I immediately asked to speak with a manager. She was very helpful and said all I would need was my receipt. Luckily, I had the receipt emailed to me, so all I had to do was print it out - or so I thought... When I got to the store with my receipt and locating the manager with whom I had spoken, it turned out that the portrait receipt was not good enough. They needed an actual Sears receipt. Since I couldn't find mine, it would appear as though all was lost. The manager on duty, however, didn't give up. She tried having me sign in to the rewards thing they have, to pull up the receipt that way, all the while, she was attempting to find my receipt by using the debit card in which I used to make the purchase. After several minutes, the young manager threw her hands in the air and shouted, "Yes!"

If you hadn't guessed, she was able to locate my receipt using my debit card and issue me a full refund. Though it was a little complicated, and a bit of a time consuming process, it was well worth it, and I am overall satisfied with my visit. This all happened yesterday at the University Park Mall Sears, in Mishawaka, Indiana. I have checked my bank account a couple times since then and have yet to see the credit to my account, but I now have documentation proving that the credit has been processed, so I'm sure the credit is soon to hit my account.

To anyone reading this, hopefully, you saved your receipt; if not, then a little patience and some extra work may be involved, but you should still be able to receive your refund.

I had her pictures taken at the end of March of this year (2013). Then when I was to get them, they said that they are out of business as of two weeks after I got them done. For it to be so soon after I had mine done, that means that they knew about the bankruptcy issue beforehand which makes me even madder that they took my pictures and my money and I am left with nothing in return. I am unable to get any response on the issue with my money and pictures since finding out about the bankruptcy. I want a full refund plus extra and I want my pictures. I will not accept anything less than what I deserve and am asking for.

I went to Sears in Barboursville, WV today. They were very nice. Within 15 minutes, I had a refund of $350.00 for photos I had not received due to CPI closing. I needed my receipt and nothing else. That was it. I’m so happy to have this settled. Sears released a statement to ask for the store manager for a refund - 15 minutes in and out with a refund.

Sear lost My newborn's Pictures! I want to get a class action lawsuit against CPI and Sears for the lost of memories and heartache that they have caused everyone that has lost due to them not caring. Please email me if you are interested in joining in with me!

I have a confirmation number for my order placed 4/18 and the charge to my credit card. I cannot get anyone to help me find the photo mugs or pictures ordered. I've chatted, emailed and phoned repeatedly. Today I was told I would need to fax. UGH. So unhappy with Sears!!!

Hello all, this is the response I received when researching how to get a refund. It's on their Chapter 7 Bankruptcy website. I hope this helps. I can't believe how awful this company has behaved. Response I received - In response to your CPI inquiry: To obtain and file a proof of claim form and filing instructions, please visit our website at Refer to the tab on the left side that reads “Proof of Claim Form & Instructions”. Thank you.

I wish we, as Sears customers, were given reasonable notice that Sears Photo Studio and online pictures were not going to be available anymore. These are memories that are gone forever and as Sears customers, we trusted Sears. Even though when calling Sears, I was informed that it was not Sears company who did this to customers; it was still operating under Sears name and website.

I do not think customers should be affected by this company in the way it did. There should have been a court order for customers to have ample time to order and receive their photos or digital CD. I truly hope Sears can make it happen for customers to get at least their online albums in a CD or access to these photos/memories again for a period of time. Otherwise, I, as a Sears customer, will not be able to trust Sears again. After all, CPI Studio operated under Sears name.

I had a portrait studio sitting on Easter 2013 (03/31/13). We had pictures taken with my parents and my son, some pictures of my son with his grandparents and some pictures of my 2.5-year-old son. The pictures were promised on 04/14/2013. I showed up a week later and saw that they had closed and were out of business. I was promised my pictures and continued to go to the store (Westfield Shopping Center, Annapolis, MD) every week. Nothing. the pictures are irreplaceable. I want the pictures of the proofs so I can get them printed elsewhere. I went to the store today and was refused a refund. They will not give me my pictures or my money. Please help! I threatened them with a lawyer and they don't care.

I made the mistake of going without a coupon. I had to get a picture for work. Sears has been in business for many years and thought I'd be dealing with a professional company. Oh, how wrong I was. They took me to the bank and the sale pitch was "take all of the pictures or else you'll pay more by taking just one." The photographer/manager even threw in how she doesn't make money being there and has a sick child at home thing. Then she had her coworker pitch another sales pitch at how beautiful and photogenic I was. She knew I needed one picture quick and through small talk, needed the pic upon my arrival when I came back from a business trip.

The photographer was so unprofessional wanting me to smile on the word "booger-butt." I mean really. I'm dang near middle age. To make a long awful story short, I got stuck with $160 of awful, hideous looking pictures (i.e., clothes crumpled from rushing me, weird look on my face from the word booger-butt, and positioned oddly in photo). I called to complain and was told to call the store. The actual photographer was the manager who was no longer there. I'll never go to Sears again. I'll continue telling friends, relatives, coworkers, future generations, etc., to stay away.

We had our daughter's six-month pictures taken at Sears and did receive the prints we paid for. However, we had planned to let our families go online to choose and order any photos they wanted. We cannot access the website. There is no answer when you call customer service, and no one returns calls or emails. While we aren't in the same situation as those who have paid and not received anything, we are still very upset that there are pictures we will never see again. Sears should provide a way for people to purchase the pictures that were already taken, and certainly the ones people have already paid for!

Yes! Very disappointed is an understatement. I went out, bought all new outfits for my 2-month and 19-month old. We had two sessions in order to capture the best photo shots possible. We spent over $300 for pictures and some annual saver card (so much for that) only to receive an email stating that Sears Photo was out of business. And then to show up at the store with a tacky plastic picture frame saying to call a 1-888 number that only led me to a busy signal. Boy is this giving Sears a bad rap. They really need to ensure that everyone who had pictures taken either get their pictures or a form of reimbursement. I vote on getting our pictures! Memories lost... not cool Sears!

My one year old and I went into the studio to be photographed for Easter 2013! Mind you Easter was March 31, 2013. I was told that the photographs would be in April 19th, 2013! Here it is May 4, 2013 and I've been to the store three times to pick up my photos and I've just been getting the runaround! I called customer service and was told that my photos were in the store waiting to be picked up. When I went to the store to pick up my photographs, I was told again that they weren't in and that the store would not be getting any more shipments of photos! I am PISSED!! I spent good money on these pictures and they're gone! This is ridiculous!!! I think that all of the photos taken at Sears Portrait should be released and given to the customers free of charge! This is a big disappointment and it's heartbreaking to know that I entrusted a company to capture my child’s memories with beautiful pictures that I will possibly never see again!

Had my daughter's six month pictures taken at the Portrait Studio and was told they may or may not ever arrive. My daughter will never again be six months old! What will I tell her when she asks why her brother has six month pictures and she has none? I paid with a gift card and now am forced to pay cash at a studio. I don't want any Sears gift card as I want nothing more to do with Sears. The way Sears has handled this is so completely unacceptable! I even bought new clothes for these pictures and wasted $45 for that!

My family has been waiting for our pictures after being promised that they would arrive on April 11th. Here we are, it's May 1st, and we have had nothing but a runaround. My wife calls the local Sears store on a daily basis and she is told to check back the next day only to check back the next day and no photos. It's sad the way this place is screwing their customers. These pictures were for my newborn daughter and nephew's first Easter and it's looking like we will never see them.

We had our pictures taken the last Saturday of March. I picked all the ones I wanted, placed an order and was told I can pick them up on the 12th of April. So I showed up on the 13th and was shocked to see the lights were all out and a note stating they were sorry but had closed the studio. A sales clerk looked for my pictures but said they weren't in yet but they were expecting a shipment that upcoming Friday. So I drove the 30 minutes into town and again they weren't there. Someone else took a look at my receipt and said, "Oh, your pictures were with the shipment that was coming in on the 12th. We haven't received that shipment yet." The 3rd time I learned my lesson and called in to the Sears before making that long drive. Whoever answered the phone said she checked and my name was on the list of the pictures that were in. So naturally I drove in to pick them up. And guess what? They were not in! I was mad to say the least. So now it’s the beginning of May and I was told to check with them this Friday. Ugg! I guess just give me my money back if you can't give me the pictures I had ordered. I don't get it though. They needed to finish people’s orders before they shut their doors.

Sears Portrait Studio Company Profile