2. Shopping
  3. Sporting Goods

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

REI Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I love REI clothing. They have a wide selection for every season and not only are they super comfortable but also durable. Their hiking pants are some of my favorite items. They’re great for anything from hikes to laid back winter or fall weekends.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

REI offers quality outdoor/hiking/camping items. They offer many brands besides their own label, when purchasing REI brand or other brands they offer, I have been extremely satisfied with the quality and workmanship. I am now wearing a jacket I purchased 5 years ago, and it is still in good shape. REI is my first choice for outdoor wear.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The quality of REI is parallel with a slightly higher price tag. Clothing from REI lasts and I know, whether it is for myself, or a gift, it will be an article of value and enjoyment. Nice features with which stay in style throughout time. I have REI clothing which has lasted for over two decades and still looks great. Cannot go wrong by purchasing REI clothing for self, or someone you love.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

REI is the best, especially the quality of their products and their policy on return and repairs! The products fit my lifestyle, both professionally and personal day by day wear! My first encounter with their products was when I met my husband in Mobile, Al, where he introduced me to my first hiking boots to go on a hiking trip to S. Colorado!. I broke my new REI hiking boots in by walking around in 90 degree weather in Mobile for two weeks to break my shoes in!! Those shoes lasted forever, which I finally donated to a homeless person to get a lighter updated version! This store has almost everything I need for my lifestyle!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

REI offers good products for the whole family. It is a one-stop-shop for outdoor clothing plus outdoor activity. During sales, it is harder to find sales associates to service the customer. Their pricing can be more expensive than some other retailers but the quality of the product is good and the return policy is great. I look forward to the seasonal updated clothing and find they have a good salesforce overall that is courteous and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about REI?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Placed a fairly large order and then was charged the day the order was placed and again when it shipped. DOUBLE the amount of the order was charged to my account. After calling Rei, then bank, then rei again I just get a sorry. Nevermind the double charge screwed me on funds that I'm still waiting to be refunded for. Will no longer support a business that doesn't care about its members.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I received a holiday gift that was a duplicate of one I had purchased some time ago from REI. I tried to exchange it or return it for credit. I did not have a receipt so the staff at the store and at corporate each told me that I should regift it to someone else. Not what I expected from a store I have been a member of for decades and that used to have exceptional customer service. The lesson for me is not to buy or request a gift from there any longer.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Recently my partner and I went to REI. We each purchased items separately on our credit cards. Both of us were double-charged. I have a vague recollection of this happening with REI almost a year ago as well on our last visit. At the time, I thought it was a fluke. This time, with both of us being charged double on the same day, we first called our credit card companies; the charges were immediately reversed. Then we called REI and got a "Sorry that happened! Thanks for your feedback." Nothing more. Wow. REI, what's the deal with double charging your customers? I see there's another review that states a similar situation. Also, your customer service is seriously lacking. I won't be back.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Be aware if you place an online order from them, they will place holds on your checking account for the same order twice. When I called they said this is standard practice for them as they place one hold when you order the items and another when the item ships. Since my order shipped the same day it meant it meant I had holds on my account for twice the amount of the order. I shop online frequently and can tell you this has never happened with any other company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

They have a surprising choice of clothing brands at good prices with some limitations but worth visiting and browsing. You mainly think of them as a camping store but they carry sports and running gear as well.

REI Company Information