1.29/5
Based on 248 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

427 RadioShack Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

I went into the Deland, Fl location, I believe it was on October 6 2015. I asked the sales lady if she had a iPhone 8 pin to 30 pin adapter for my car. She said "yes it's $30." I said "why is it so much." She replied it's a Apple branded part. I in turn say "it use to be $14.99 at the other store." (Orange city Fl). I know I've purchased this several times. She then said "that's why they're closed." In this process she cut me off from talking several times as if to say "you want it or not." So I say to her "no thanks, I'll get it elsewhere." So I was interested in other things but at that point it was clear she was not going to help me. Just to see I walked around for several minutes to see if she would help me find what I was looking for. Nothing. So I left.

I would have paid the premium of $30 to have it knowing I can get it online with shipping for less than $10. But the attitude was not appreciated. I chalked the situation up to her age as I've been shopping Radio Shack before she was born. Or maybe her job is not as important to her, as my support for Radio Shack is. Also I really didn't have to go there. I drove past Wal-Mart, Target and many other electronic store just to go there. This the sales person must realize. I will shop Radio Shack again, just not this location. Good luck Deland Fl Radio Shack.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

On October 2 I went to Radio Shack to upgrade to the iPhone 6S and returned my iPhone 6 to Sprint which was in Radio Shack. The representative of Sprint was supposed to send my phone to Sprint, erase all content. On October 4 I received a video message from a unknown email that had my video, very personal that could get off my old phone. So go up to the store and ask to see the phone. When I turn it back on I saw where my photo lock app was erased. So the Sprint guy got into my old phone, got my info out of it and sent it to me. So I email the channel 4 news and told them and they want to do a interview with me Wednesday. I'm getting lawyer and suing both stores. This was embarrassing and just wrong.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 26, 2015

On Monday September 21st I went to your store located on: 12354 Poway Road, Poway, CA 92064. I was looking for a MHL extension cable. 1st the salesman didn't know what I was talking about. After I explained him that I had bought a MHL micro USB HDMI cable for my Samsung I just needed an extension since that cable, it's only 6ft & I wanted a little longer, finally he understood & found me a cable. I specifically ask him if that will work w/ my Samsung since they are an 11 pin micro & he assure me it would & that was an universal cable so I went ahead & bought it. As soon as I went home I tried the cable & unfortunately it didn't work. The male part from the cable that I have bought didn't fit the female part from extension cable so I had to go back to returned the item.

The funny thing was the day I purchase the item the salesman ** was the manager or the Boss Man like his business cards said which I didn't know who he was till the day I went to returned the item. Anyways the point is that when I purchased the item Mr ** was very nice, friendly & he even show a little smile on his face... When I went back Friday, September 25th (4 days after) the Boss Man got bother that I was returning the item & was a little rude & asked the salesman ** that was there to go ahead & cancelled the transaction & issue me a refund & slam the receipt on the counter & walked away to the back. He was the opposite from Monday.

I don't know why this company has a bad, bad customer service. It seems like this is a requirement for this company to get hire coz the employees are all very rude & lazy, don't like to work. Long long time ago I had an issue w/ this company & I had to told myself that I was never going to buy anything again. After many many years has passed by I was a little skeptical to go inside the store on Monday to look for the cable but then I said perhaps things have change & I should give them another chance but now I see that the services have not improved nor the employees. No wonder this company file for bankruptcy & finally will no longer exist...!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Hello, I was in the store, Radio Shack on Boston St. Lynn, Mass. The female employee/Spanish, could not get her name, was very angry. Very unpleasant employee, did not knew my problem, what I was looking for, could not answer my simple question. I'm so very unhappy! No wonder the store is going out of business, so happy!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

This is about Alex, who went the distance to help my 84 yr-old low-vision mother and myself on 8/20/15. Her RS brand talking watch battery had died & thinking RS was no longer in business, I tried several jewelers to no avail. A google search gave me the wonderful news that RS is alive & well in a store near me. Whee! but... Well that glee was short lived.

As soon as I entered the store I was informed by several employees that due to liability issues, they were no longer permitted to replace batteries - even in their OWN brand! Imagine my shock & dismay! Seems like there have been some problems removing backs of watches, so employees can only sell the battery, not replace. Unfortunately, the battery size was not printed on the outside, so foiled again!

Feeling like I had nothing to lose, I offered to remove the back myself. Alex stepped up with a box of micro screwdrivers and I went to work. Got the watch opened & new battery installed but I was completely helpless to get it back together - I'm 65 and have neither great vision nor finger dexterity. At that point, Alex asked his manager for permission to START HIS BREAK AND THEN SET TO WORK replacing the back of the watch. AMAZING!!! He really saved the day for us!

That watch is my mother's only way to know what time it is. Oh sure, there are probably other talking watches out there, but this is the one she knows how to use. And when you're blind and 84, it's hard to learn something new. Thank you Alex! To quote you "Good teamwork makes the dream work!" (gee, I hope I got that right) I'll never forget your kindness. In my opinion, this kind of service has been what's set Radio Shack apart from all the other electronic stores and has for years and years. RS has parts, items, and service which are found nowhere else! May they live forever... :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RadioShack?

Original review: July 20, 2015

Our family bought 2 cell phones from Radio Shack, on July 14, 2014 with a warranty plan, phone 1 purchased 149.99 plus insurance 59.99 with 25.00 deductible. Second phone purchased 99.99 with 25.00 insurance protection added on plan. We went to go to store 2794 in West Nyack, NY and they look up the phone, with the receipt showing the insurance purchased and it states in the computer the policy was CANCELLED. The company was taken over 3/1/2015, and all the phone insurance policies were cancelled.

They state that when we returned the first phone it was defective, that the 25.00 deductible was used??? When my receipt shows different (it was a swap for a swap) no deductible nothing. Next we were told to buy the Aquos Phone and purchase an additional 25.00 protection plan to add on the current cover rate of (59.99) to cover it. We paid for that. We went today 7-19 to bring phone back, the volume is not working correctly and they would not honor the swap of phone (they are saying the policy does not exist it is cancel and they can do nothing). Radio Shack Insurance Protection kept on apologizing for the inconvenience or problem but would not resolve this error on their part.

Well, this does not seem fair, the previous Store Manager, told us (the consumer) to purchase the insurance policy for 59.99 and we did it is a 2 year policy. Whatever the way they do business, it seems to me they took insurance money for phones that you can never use when the phone is not working, it is leaving us to buy a new phone. Next the second phone we purchase, it miraculous had the insurance cancelled when we did not do that either. The phone was 99.99 insurance was 29.99 and the same thing happened when we traded the defective phone, the new phone Moto G was a swap (even price) but charged 29.99 had a 10.00 coupon and the phone was 89.99 but had insurance for 29.99. Same issue, The policy does not exist.

I asked to see the old policy forms to see why and how this was cancelled and they do not have any, it has been replaced with new policy and terms and conditions. So again, no confirmation of changes, but to only say, TOUGH LUCK, your are out the money you invested in the extra insurance policy and it was cancelled according to our computers. WELL THEY ARE WRONG.

This was the worst SERVICE ever, and the STORE MANAGER did nothing to solve a dissatisfied customer when it was not our fault, and we showed the receipts that showed we paid for it. The insurance he transferred me to, did nothing also!! Customer service POOR. His explanation was: 59.99 insurance plus 25.00 deductible - his explanation was that 25.00 for the second phone paid for the replacement for the first phone. This makes no sense, since we purchased a 60.00 plan. He is telling me we paid 80.00 for insurance that is cancelled. So we walked out of the store with a broken phone, and -184.00 broke.

The bottom line is that the verbage between store managers and clients is not correct. Now that the company is taken over by another company the store manager does not know who their boss is and will not give no information to resolve the issue. I asked for corporate office, and the Store Manager did not know who it was. They basically a bait and swtich, and will not honor the insurance but cancelled all policies when the new company took over. This is a disgrace, they are such THEIVES!

Original review: July 6, 2015

Would you guys care to do a follow up on what is going on with Radioshack? If their handling of the bankruptcy is any indication of why the business was in trouble (and it is...), no wonder people weren't shopping there. To say things have been confusing is putting it mildly. Initially we got "bankruptcy" and "stores are closing" - but no going out of business sales. If you talk to store personnel they insist the stores are not closing. (So far none of them have closed around here.)

The website has been promising a new RadioShack.com. It's been "coming soon" since Memorial Day. ~> http://comingsoon.radioshack.com/homepage. Still not here yet. And we keep getting emails like this one, with in-store promotions. ** Do note at the bottom the big box that says, "We're Hiring" too. Huh? The corporate explanation about all this sure doesn't help either: http://radioshackcorporation.com/restructuring/ Actually, it appears that site has been taken down now. Huh?

Was this the bankruptcy that never happened?

Original review: June 26, 2015

My son received a gift card for Christmas from Radio Shack with $50 on it. Due to the bankruptcy it is no longer valid. In my communication with the firm it stated that the court made them do this. While we can file a claim, the reality is that Radio Shack will be instructed to reimburse pennies on the dollar minus legal and accounting fees. Hence it will be a complete or nearly complete loss. Radio Shack may claim it has "no choice," but, as consumers, I will never shop at Radio Shack again and neither will my son -- long may he live. A soul-less firm like this is just waiting for the collective memory of consumers to fade so it can reemerge. Some firms deserve to dissolve into the sunset and Radio Shack, with its diminished product quality and lack of customer care, is one of them...

Original review: June 25, 2015

I bought a smartphone from Radio Shack .They were so nice when buying the phone, but if you're having trouble with the use of it or it's not working right, they turn into different people! They're going to try blaming you. In the last year not understanding a few things 3 or 4 times which ended up to be very minor. I always gave them a tip of 5 or 10 dollars because I felt guilty for not buying anything. But the last time I was in there I was having problems with buying things off the Internet they were trying different things with no luck. They were trying to tell me you are over my data plan because of text too much. But I knew better than that. You're not going to lose the use of.

Original review: June 24, 2015

Bought a Sprint phone and service from Radio Shack, Roosevelt Blvd., Phila. #2101 on Jun 22, 2015. When I looked at my Credit Card Statement on-line, I noted that I was double billed for the total amount, $179.12. I understand mistakes happen. Called my Cr. Card Company, they said to go back to the store, "It's an easy fix for them." Went to the store. After hearing, "Oh, that can't happen" and showing the print out to **, he agreed that it did happen. He contacted the "District Administrator," his words, on the phone. Left a detailed message with **. He said ** would correct the issue and call me. I'm still waiting for her call me. BTW, my Visa account has not been corrected.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I bought the pro668 scanner radio 2 mos. ago. It stopped working 2 days ago. Radio Shack will not answer My calls or email. I called RS in My area. They do not do warranty work, they have no idea what's wrong with the radio, they are ignorant. Online I get no help. I can see why they sold out to Sprint. Half of the stores are closing, they have hundreds of thousands of complaints. Sprint will file for chapter 13. And that's that. The consumer always gets screwed. And RS and other cos. leave the country as well as your money. The so-called american way, bunk. This country's laws were from out of GOD'S law but we got some commies in our government twisting laws like their father the devil. WAKE UP.... MONEY don't do it. Vote them out.

Original review: June 1, 2015

On this day, I purchased a portable dual charger from RS. The service rep at the time, **, told me to charge the recharger up by sticking it in my laptop. When I got home, I did just that and I heard a pop. The portable charger had shorted out my laptop somehow and it cannot turn on or do anything. I returned to Radio Shack and told Ms. ** what happened. She immediately told me to take my laptop to Micro Center or Best Buy to get an assessment of the damage and she would submit it to Corporate for my reimbursement of a replacement laptop computer. I did this and returned with the written assessment from Micro Center.. My motherboard was totaled and replacement of it would cost $400.

When I returned to Radio Shack, ** had been let go.. I had to tell my story again to ** who took all the information and said he sent it to "Corporate" via fax. This was done in the back room, out of my vision. No one called me or wrote so after a couple of weeks, I called only to be told Mr. ** was transferred. I am dismayed that I can't get any real help. What's worse is the laptop was a Christmas gift purchased from Radio Shack and the extended one-year warranty had just run out by two months when this happened.

I don't like and would never purchase anything else from Radio Shack because of this blatant mistreatment of me, a customer, and the poor handling of their inventory. I received advice from personnel who later were unavailable to me when I had a problem with the aftermath of the advice. Both stores in my neighborhood have closed and I feared the closing of all Radio Shacks before I get my laptop replacement. Where can I go to receive adequate compensation for my Toshiba laptop? It has been 3 months and ten days since this incident and I have yet to hear from any representative from Radio Shack. This is a sad experience and costing me daily because I have no portability.

Original review: March 26, 2015

It took over 2 days for me to be able to order the items I had in my cart online. The error I kept getting didn't even notify me of what was wrong with the way I was submitting my order. I tried contacting a representative through chat and after about a 10-minute conversation, the representative told me they couldn't help and that I should call their 1-800 number, so I did.

It took their phone customer service representative over 40 minutes to type in the exact same order item by item (twice, since he messed up the first time around), just to come to the realization that the error I had been suffering still prevailed on their end. He then proceeded to say that it had to do with my address not being available for delivery. The customer service representative asked if I had an alternative address (which I don't), so I asked him if they could simply input the local Radio Shack's address and I could stop by to pick it up. He said that it couldn't be done, so since he was basically unable to help any further, I ended the phone call.

I asked a friend of mine if he wouldn't mind me shipping my items to his address in case it was accepted by the system - again, it didn't allow me to check out. I gave up trying to order online and, knowing that the local store would probably not be stocked with all the items I needed, I reluctantly tried to make it there in the evening (my only available times). To my surprise (sarcastically speaking), the store hours noted online were different than those posted on the door, so I had just wasted 20 minutes driving to a closed location. The next morning I felt that it may just had been bad luck with the system and so I tried my luck again. Apparently, since I last checked my cart, one of the items had been sold out and was out of stock so the cart had to be updated... And I was now able to check out!!

This seemed too good to be true, but I still needed to find a substitute item for the one that had gone out of stock. Interestingly, as soon as I added that extra item to the cart, I was unable to check out again! After some fiddling with the check-out options, I realized that as soon as the total amount (pre-tax) of the order went above $50, the checkout option became unavailable which was pretty convenient for Radio Shack since orders above $50 get free shipping. I was clearly upset at this point, however since the system seemed to recognize the $3 in taxes as part of the order, my total came just above the $50 threshold and still processed the free shipping, so I didn't make a big deal out of it... I was clearly wrong and naive.

As I kept track of my order (which included 8 different kinds of items), I realized only one of them appeared as shipped (an item I eventually received) a few days after the purchase. The others showed no sign of even being prepared to be shipped. Seeing the notice above my "completed order" that stated that Standard Ground takes between 3-5 business days, I thought it would be a god idea to check in with their customer support again to see when I could expect the rest.

The representative told me ALL the items had already been delivered to the back porch of my house by FedEx (please note that my apartment complex has no back porch). I told her that I had not received them and that the online order summary did not provide me with any details of the shipments besides the one item I did receive. She then also proceeds to tell me that I cannot place any sort of complaint or petition them to issue credit until 14 days after they have a record that the delivery has been completed - which would be April 3rd 2014 in my case. Until then, I am supposed to do absolutely nothing...

This experience has been terrible and I find the course of action and terrible customer support of this company to be outrageous. I was truly trying to give business to Radio Shack since I appreciate the spirit of trying to make hobby electronics accessible for the general public, but I have certainly learned my lesson and will not be doing any business with them ever again. TL;DR: Buy from them online at your own risk. Their only guarantee, from my experience, is a headache.

Original review: March 25, 2015

On 1/26/15 I purchased a $9.95 timer and was told it had a 90 day warranty. I did not use it for a few weeks, then started using it about 3 weeks ago. Two weeks later I noticed it was not keeping time, then it became stuck at 5:00 AM every day. I brought it back to the store I purchased it from, with the receipt and all original packaging, and was told due to the bankruptcy they would only honor a warranty up to 30 days. Both the sales receipt and the warranty paper inside the box states there is a 90 day warranty, as well as the corporate website. Here's how it reads (on 3/25):

"Many of the items that are sold on RadioShack.com come with a manufacturer's warranty. Applicable warranty information can usually be found inside the box or packaging. For additional information on the manufacturer's warranty for a specific product, contact the manufacturer directly. RadioShack.com provides a 90-Day Limited Warranty for products whenever the manufacturer provides no warranty or a warranty of less than 90 days." I will simply get another timer at Home Depot and refrain from doing business at RS again.

Original review: March 20, 2015

I purchased an antenna here a while back and it works great so I went to buy another one so I could watch tv on my bedroom tv as well. The associate convinced me to purchase a more expensive smaller one but when I got home it wouldn't pick up any channels no matter how I positioned it. My other antenna gets 50 channels. I'm thinking the product may have been returned before because there were no instructions or paperwork in the box. I tried returning it the next morning but the manager claimed she couldn't exchange or return it because there was a scratch on it where I tried to hang it up on the wall (per instructions on the box).

After calling corporate I was able to exchange it for the product that I originally wanted after paying a restocking fee. The Manager who helped me was so rude. If not for my persistence I would have been out $55 all because they sold me a product that does not work! I will never purchase another product from Radio Shack again, I'd rather make the drive to best buy or Target.

Original review: March 18, 2015

This is what i tried to send to them but it didn't have enough room in one complaint: Comments: My name is **. I bought a Digix tablet from radio shack when I was in training for the army. That was more than 2 years ago. I bought the insurance for the tablet at the time and it was supposed to cover everything that would go wrong. I paid about $50 more for that. The tablets screen cracked 2 weeks later and I called in to find out what to do and I was told that, that insurance I had already bought is no longer available. Then they told me that they would try to see what they could do for me and since the employee that worked there at the time and sold me that item and insurance, that they could not do anything about it.

So I came home to Tucson AZ and went to my local radio shack (which is now closed) and they told me that they would help me and I went there every day for a week to try to get this fixed. They told me that radio shack does not have any more tablets like that. But going online you can see that they are available. I am very tired but persistent <------ This is all I could get in and I tried calling and they say that the call volume is high so they basically hang up on you. Their website says that there is 24/7 support but they never answer. If some one has any info for me that would be really nice because I will not stop until something is done. Please email me @ **.

Original review: March 15, 2015

I was very satisfied with my tablet and the time it took to ship. I went into the store to pick it up, and manager was very polite and answered all my questions regarding my product.

Original review: March 13, 2015

Purchased the Auvio Sound Box SBX24210. The sound is only slightly better than from the TV alone, but I didn't expect Bose quality at this price. My biggest problem is the total absence of customer service. My unit did not contain a owner's manual, which I really want to make sure I'm getting full use of the unit. I think I hooked everything correctly, but I want to be sure. Customer service does not answer phone or respond to e-mail. If they won't stand behind product, I would shop elsewhere! BTW--why no manual? I was told it was new; maybe it was open box! Otherwise, manual would be there! Did they charge me new price for open-box unit?? I would probably recommend this product if they stood behind it instead of disrespecting customers.

Original review: March 11, 2015

I visited the location to replace my iPhone and iPad screens which were both cracked. They left my iPad with a gap in between the glass and the device and advised me to go home and to out a stack of paper on it so that the gap can close. When I got home I followed the advice of the sales representative and the screen cracked, when I called the store the next day the manager was extremely rude and unprofessional. I don't recommend this store to anyone. No wonder all of their stores are closing down.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Went to store number 01-4255 in Meridian, ID to exchange a product I purchased a week ago. ** appeared to be the only associate in the store. I told him what the problem was but he insisted on making sure it didn't work. After 5 minutes of putting a test together, then discovering I was right, he then informed me that he could do nothing because it was not in the original condition. Really? I doesn't work and I've only had it for a week and there's NOTHING he can do?!? No damn wonder Radio Shack is so screwed up! What happened to the customer service the company was built on? What happened to doing what it took to make the customer's experience a pleasure? Now I'm the proud owner of a piece of crap that cost me $35. I hope they choke on the food it put on their plates.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

I purchased a iphone 6 from RadioShack in New York {RadioShack, PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERMINAL, NEW YORK, New York, 10018} to be exact, unlocked in about December. Right now, I have a prepaid plan with ATT and I recently tried to go in a Verizon contract and they tell me that they can't add the phone because it's on the lost or stolen list. So it was clear that RadioShack sold me a stolen phone. I called RadioShack and they told me, "That's not right, if the phone came seal then there's no way it would be on the lost or stolen list." They told me to contact Apple to see what the can do about it. And I did.

Apple told me that, first, it was not on the lost or stolen list, and they went to check with the manager to see if anything was missing. The manager said, "I would talk to RadioShack because they didn't sell you an unlocked phone." But part of it is my fault because when I purchased the phone in New York, I came back home to Connecticut, and open it. And I notice there was a Verizon chip already inside, but I didn't pay any attention to it, I just removed it and got a prepaid plan at ATT. But on the other hand, I was sold a stolen phone from RadioShack. That's not supposed to happen. And they told me they can't do anything about it. Then why should people buy from you guys if stuff like this is going to happen and you can't do anything about it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

On Jan 23, 2015, I went to our local radio shack to upgrade my phone for FREE. I have been a AT&T cell phone customer and my understanding was every few years you can upgrade your phone. I selected a free phone and when I got my bill and there was an extra $40.00 on time charge for the upgrade. What's up with advertising free when it isn't??

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Took my phone into radio shack for repair on my phone. During the repair, the technician broke the phone. After dealing with them for a while, they issued me a check for a replacement. That check bounced. I've tried numerous times to contact them and no one will return my call. Does anyone know what steps I can take to get a new check issued to me?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

Just bought a new HTC One OtterBox Defender cover for my HTC One phone. Case is too small and now they won't let me return it or exchange for something else. Nothing like just giving away my money. Radio Shack is a joke anymore.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I had coupon codes direct from RadioShack (military discount and student discount). Neither worked even though tried using the day I got the email from RadioShack. I called to place the order to use discount. Was told I had to make order online and then request adjustment. A month later and MANY attempts still waiting. They finally credited a gift card I don't have, not refunded to my credit card that was overcharged. Do NOT shop there. They are crooks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

Radio Shack has just lost a customer for life over a $4-$5 dollar item. On 01-23-2014 I went to this Radio Shack to return a coax cable worth about $4-$5. I didn't have a receipt and was happy getting a store credit. But the lady behind the counter said she needed to find my exact purchase record in order to give the credit. Really? Then after waiting for her to search the system and her checking my credit cards, she said since my purchase was not within 30 days, I simply could not return the item.

This item was brand new in the packaging, only a few dollars, and I can't get a store credit for it??? I just left the item on the counter and left without the credit. That's how much that item is worth. Radio Shack and this lady are ridiculous. In this market when every other company offers convenient anytime returns, no questions asked, Radio Shack is an atrocity to consumers. Save yourself from the "I don't care about you and don't need your business" attitude at Radio Shack, and go shop at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc., etc.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I recently purchased some headphones. The product doesn't work. When I tried to return it, I couldn't. Thomas **, the district manager said "who cares we're going bankrupt soon". The item cost only $10, but it should work. I feel bad for the customers who paid a lot of money and have it crap out. Radio Shack SUCKS.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I asked for a product the store no longer carried. I asked the clerk for time to find a solution (which was combining two other products off the shelf with a pair of alligator clip leads). In previous experiences with RS over the years (more than 40 years), I have asked for collaboration, even a tool from behind the counter to make a project work and they have always been willing to assist. NOT NOW! As mentioned, I needed alligator clips with a squeeze connector to be pinched around two pieces of wire so I asked the counter person (the manager no less) if I might use their pliers to effect the squeezing and complete the project. He said, "We don't do in-store repairs." I said, "I am not asking you to repair anything. What if you wanted to do something similar to help move forward a project in your store. What would you use to do so?" He reiterated his foolish stance.

I said that "No" is never really a word a customer should hear from a salesperson and I thought he should "think outside the box he was in and help be a problem solver." Maybe even think like a customer instead of an obviously inconvenienced clerk (I was the only one in the store). He said I was being rude and I asked to speak to the manager. This twenty-something maybe puffed himself up and said, "That's me." I said, "Then I would like the name and number of your regional manager." He said he didn't know it and would I please leave the store. He threatened to call the police and I suggested he go ahead. What would he tell them as I was doing nothing improper?

However, I was wrong. I was wrong to expect customer service from the "new" Radio Shack. The old Radio Shack would have never stood for this nonsense. It is no wonder they are running out of cash and going down in flames. And it is a shame too, A great franchise and storefront - a required electronics supplier in thousands of smaller communities, has turned all sulky, a true shame. I have efforted a call to regional (now in Utah or Idaho for the California stores and (no I am not making this up) no one answers the telephone! Layoffs? Called corporate. After 2 hours and 17 minutes of holding onto the "customer satisfaction" department, I had enough and hung up the telephone. Good riddance to an old friend. By the way, he never called the cops and I called him a liar when he told me he didn't know his regional manager's name of contact information.

Seriously! I told him he would pay for this (although I am certainly wrong on that point). By the way, the original product I wanted IS in the inventory of the company online and at other stores. So the whole thing came about because he was too unmotivated to look for the product I needed. It is in the system and the manager of the Red Bluff California store qualifies as a boorish, lazy, foolish clown. So do I for letting him get to me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

About a month ago, I had brought my phone to radio shack (Magnolia, TX) to have the screen repaired, I paid $169 and had my phone back, screen fixed. About 2 weeks later, my phone started to crack again, but it had not been dropped or bumped around. The screen continued to work, but eventually a chip fell out of the glass, so I finally took it back in to be fixed, again. (3 weeks after initially fixed) The repair guy said it was the plasma that was pushing out of the screen, causing it to break the screen. So my phone gets fixed again, (and since I didn't drop it, the repair was free). Not even a week after the second repair, one morning, I’m on my phone and when I set it down on the couch my entire screen comes off in one piece.

Back up to radio shack, the repair guy (different guy), looks and my phone and starts showing his co-workers his buddy’s work job, screws and clips missing. The screws that hold the screen in place were not even in the phone, those must not be all that important... So he says he’ll fix it for free, that it would be ready tonight (as I had specified, I work from home with 2 young children - my cell phone is my lifeline), but if he couldn't fix it they would send it to the "MASTER TECH", and if he can’t fix it they would replace my phone.

As he starts doing the initial inventory of the phone, he tells me my entire phone is starting to bend into a "C" shape (the bridge/back of the phone). And the bending could make the job more difficult, but they would get it done. I get a phone call that night, it would be ready in the morning, about an hour after the store opens. The next morning, before I’m getting ready to go pick it up, repair guy calls me and tells me that my phone is so bent he can’t get the screen on without breaking it, and that he didn't want to bend it back as to not break the phone anymore. Then he just sat there not saying much, so I started asking questions... "OK, so what now?" Repair guy - "Well you can come in and we can discuss your options."

I start asking him about the master repair guy, and turns out that will take several days. I tell him that's not an option as I need my phone asap. When I bring up him telling me they would replace the phone, he goes on to tell me: “Well, my regional manager heard me say that and got onto me for that, we actually can’t do that." So not only has radio shack broken my phone in its entirety, they have been unable to meet timeframes given by employees, as well as given false guarantees regarding other customer options. I guess the manager who heard the employee telling false info to customers doesn't have a backbone to say, "Hey, what my employee said was wrong, that's not policy."

So, to wrap things up, I’ve already paid the $169 to have the screen replaced, and now another $700 for an iPhone. I’ve reported this to RadioShack corporate and have opened a case with them, reported to BBB, and consumer reports. Almost $900 is a pretty penny, especially after a Christmas with 2 young children. I vow to never use radio shack again. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one either, if so they wouldn't be almost bankrupt.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

December 14 - purchased a cellphone battery from RS online - charged to my bank card. Battery - $17.99 + $1.50 Tax + $6.99 Shipping = $26.48. Fine, no sweat, but Phila, PA tax is 8%, not 8.4%. December 24 - received battery, put into phone, charged it overnight. December 25 - battery dead (defective!), re-installed old battery, phone works again (but won't hold much charge because it's old, thus the ordering of new battery). December 26 - contacted Customer Care as required, related story to agent to get Return Auth. label to send bad battery back and get credited. I explained that I'll re-order one through a local store later, to avoid all this hassle again.

GUESS WHAT? Got the notice from RS today - they're crediting me back for ONLY $19.07! That statement - Battery $17.99 + 1.08 Tax = $19.07! HUH? How did the TAX amount CHANGE from $1.50 down to $1.08? - and WHY? PLUS, they're not refunding my $6.99 SHIPPING charge because THEY sent me DEFECTIVE merchandise and I had to RETURN it? Is that FAIR? NO! It's a RIPOFF! Plain & simple! You can be sure that tomorrow I'll be BACK on the phone to the Customer (don't) Care Department and spouting my displeasure of this mismanaged sale! I don't intend to let this go - paying ANYthing for something not my fault and defective!

RadioShack Company Information

www.radioshack.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.