2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

New York

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.41/5

Price Chopper Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Price Chopper?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Price Chopper?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The store is clean, bright, well stocked most times and conveniently located. Good promotions and savings. Quality produce, deli, bakery, fresh meats and seafoods. My husband and I love shopping this store.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I usually shop at the 63rd street location in KCMO. The store is always clean and stocked. They have a good selection of fresh fruits and vegetables and meats. The associates are helpful and friendly. AND they have armed security. I feel safe shopping there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Their different locations don't always offer something that's on sale. One store had a ham on sale; but when I went to the other location they said they were too small to carry. Their ad said nothing about "store size", it was one sale brochure!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

In today's times finding bargains to feed your family is a must. As an avid penny pincher I must say Price Chopper beats out any of its local competition here in Cobleskill. Or will match a price. The store is always well stocked and clean!

Original review: May 26, 2020

Last Sunday I walked into your Spencer store that I purposely went to because of your sale on Tbone steaks. I was there at 830 am and was told they were sold out. I said to the person, "You haven't even been open 2 hours". They only shipped us 1 box. If you don't have enough then why put it on sale. Oh to bring people in to buy the more expensive steaks the ole switch a roo. I stop going to your competition for the same reason. I was a faithful shopper.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Wanted Green Peppers. Sign in front of them says .99 a pound. Flyer says “.99" a pound with Advantedge Card. Without scanning Advantedge Card, Green Peppers will ring up at $2.49 a pound. Not showing both prices on the sign is a predatory practice. Shame on you Price Chopper. This happened 1/17/19 at Westfall, PA location.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

The store was out of my normal brand of frozen mozzarella sticks so we bought pics brand. They are very small, every one cracked so what little cheese was in them oozed out. They had no flavor and felt like trying to chew rubber. Similar issues with the potato skins of their brand.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I went to my local (Endicott, NY) Price Chopper to purchase groceries and gift cards as I had done in the past. I was unaware of the new rewards program, and there was nothing about it in my Sunday, July 7, 2019 newspaper advertisement. It still indicated I'd be receiving gas rewards as previously, in fact 4X rewards on ANY gift card as I had previously (fine print was excluding Price Chopper and Visa/reloadable gift cards as previously). I purchased my groceries/gift cards and was told I had 573 points, and asked what that meant. I was told I had 25 cents off gas. Previously, 4X gift cards rewards on $400 of gift cards (which I purchased) would have meant $1.60 off gas. I told them I didn't want the gift cards and they said too bad, no refunds.

I explained the ad, showed the ad, explained that I knew nothing about the new policy, that did not advertise the new policy, they refused anything. I had walked from the checkout to the customer service desk with my purchase and they refused to help me in any way. They were all telling me how great the new rewards program was and how everyone else loved it. While I was standing there, another lady was complaining to the front end supervisor about the new rewards program. I was given a phone number to call (not a correct number, the company I called had nothing to do with Price Chopper, gift cards, etc.). I think the customer service rep just wrote down random numbers. The rewards program is terrible, the customer service is terrible, and I will never set foot in their store again.

Original review: July 7, 2019

This store has really gone down hill and I'm not sure why I have continued going there...and now with their cutting fuel points in half of what they were, I will be going to Wegmans, or even Weis. Every trip I am overcharged for items that are supposed to be on sale...and I am very careful to watch for their (must by 2/3 to get this price) scam. When Weis accidentally overcharges, or the wrong price comes up, you get the item for free. Not PC. If anything you get a hassle over their mistake. And yes this happens at every grocery on occasion, it's just that it happens a LOT more frequent at PC....every single time I shop there.

Then let's talk about their meat sales. Say Strip steaks are on sale for $4.99 a pound. They will be sliced considerably thicker than normal, often close to 2" thick, more like a roast. But when not on sale they are sliced normally. Either they are trying to push more meat, or discourage people from buying it and it's really just to lure you into the store...and on top of that the quality of meat has gone down dramatically! The beef is flavorless, and the last chicken I bought I threw away. After cooking it was so tasteless. I don't remember the last time I got meat from PC and said, "Wow, that was great." It's been a year at least!!

The deli employees are slackers to say the least. If they moved any slower they would win an award for it. And most of them seem to have trouble remembering anything for more than 30 seconds. There is no consistency in the way cheese is packaged. It seems to be slice it and pack it however you feel like doing it, never mind the customer. I was given the wrong cheese on my last visit and I am pretty sure the employee knew it from his actions.

I'd say you are putting yourselves out of business PC, kind of like J.C. Penney did a few years back with their dumb** moves! I am going back to Wegmans where the quality and consistency are sooo much better. I may stop at PC for "deals" on soda or canned goods, but no more meat, and no more doing all my shopping there.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Price Chopper is the pits! Prices posted is often much higher at checkout so I called PC's customer service to complain at the Catskill, NY branch after getting home and checking my receipt, "Tina" told me I was barking up the wrong tree and hung up on me. Their service is subpar and we shop elsewhere as much as we can (Hanniford's, Tops, and ShopRite much much better). They also seldom if ever replace the sanitizer wipes at the store entry. The employees are rude and uncaring. It would be a dream to get a Wegman's in this area to compete with PC.

Price Chopper Company Information