4.71/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

PING

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 21, 2017

17 PING Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

I went to a golf outlet and tried all kinds of clubs and pure and simple these were the least expensive of all the clubs I looked at and tried. The store had an expert who helped out in the process of the purchase. I really enjoy hitting the woods. They have a great balance that allows for longer drives. At the range I have been hitting further than ever before. The sweet spot on the head of the club allows for precise drives. However, the irons are not as spot on as I thought. The wedges are not that good. They tend to take too big of divots, causing the ball to hook or be too short on to the green. Also, the grips on all could have been a bit less tacky.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I went to Golfsmith and worked with the sales advisor there. He matched me with this particular set and I love them. The price, construction, quality and performance are top notch. The clubs are sturdily built and yet are still lightweight. I have found them the best fit for my game. They definitely added distance to my drives. My game has definitely improved but I am not yet ready for the PGA. I let my younger brother who is a very good golfer try them and he ended up buying a set as well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 19, 2017

I like the nice balance and great sweat spot. It is durable and the most fun clubs. Makes you feel like a pro. The better you feel the better you play. They're the best clubs on the market and I got a great deal. Less chance of to mess up, too. I would be a fool to pass them up. But I would change the length then for us tall and short people and also I would use a different color. The color scheme not the best.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We purchased the clubs thru a golf store at Myrtle Beach. They were purchased 3 years ago and have been a set with relatively new features. My husband is 6'4 and needed a set of clubs that would fit him and they have been good, did a great job and I certainly enjoyed getting a new set of clubs at the same time! He has enjoyed using the clubs and they work well with his swing. I also have enjoyed playing with my clubs.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Some of my friends had Ping and loved them so I decided to give them a try at the golf course rentals. I agreed with my friends and had to buy some of my own. I like the soft grip, the durability and the fact that they are customizable. They also come in left or right hand and are usually a great value. They are lightweight and easy to handle which makes it great when having to carry your clubs yourself when the caddies and golf carts are not available on busy days. But if I had to change anything, it would be a little more grip on the handle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PING?

Original review: July 15, 2017

Ping golf clubs have many reviews online as well as videos. I used those to research before continuing at store. The ease of use and quality of swing sold me on the brand. It has a strong grip and ease of swing. It is lightweight and fine tuned trajectory for optimal launch and spin rate. Also, it generates high club speeds. Overall, Ping is a great club for any golfer and a great brand of golf clubs.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I selected this brand because the price is great, better than most brands. I could go cheaper but I could go more expensive. I also love the handle grips on the golf clubs. They make holding and swinging the gold clubs easy, as they do not slip out of your grip in the middle of the best swing of the year. They are light weight and not hard to lug around which is also a bonus. I wouldn't change a whole lot about the clubs. Versatile clubs are always nice too as far as design. It would be nice to see a company come up with a one of a kind style of club.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I recently purchased Ping golf clubs. I bought the whole set. I selected the Ping clubs because of the assortment and the quality and the price. After comparing a few different brands, I decided these were the best option. Price was fair and they had a nice discount. Also, I was able to try them and I really like how they feel. I like that they are light but sturdy, comfortable. Easy to carry and really well made. I like that I was able to customize my set and make a few changes. The features that I would like to be improved in my Ping golf clubs is the finish. They become opaque too soon and they get stained really easily. Also, I would like the driver to be a little big bigger and the bag a little bit more spacious.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I was looking for a set of clubs for the upcoming summer and Fiddler's Green had a good deal in town for clubs. I care more about price than brand. I like the weight and flex for female golfer. I also like the ability to swing club without topping the ball without swing adjustment and good angle on driver head for my golf swing. However, grip is a little chunky. Stock grip good price point but not my favorite grip of all time. Will get replaced eventually. Also not pink, I want to be as close to Paula Creamer as possible.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I tried out several different brands in the store and the Ping clubs felt the best when I swung them. They were easy and comfortable to swing. They have a really good balance to them and the contact with the ball felt very solid. They just feel really good in my hands. The staff was very friendly. And the price was acceptable as well. However, they could have been cheaper to make them an even better deal.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Ping stands for itself. The clubs are great and they are used by the best golfers in the world so they are most certainly good enough for me. The clubs feel great when you are swinging them. They are made of great quality and they meet every expectation I have ever had concerning a golf club.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have always loved the brand. Ping is the most trusted brand in golf with no one better. I was about 25 when I first play golf. I used a friend's clubs and he had Ping. At that time I did not know a difference but I bought a cheap set of clubs. Over the course of about 2 years I decided I needed Ping so I bought my friend's clubs and over time upgraded them to my own set. My favorite thing about them are the grip soft and I use them every time I play. The price is a bit much but you pay to play so I still buy them. If the price was lower I feel more common people would enjoy the product and they would be able to further dominate the golf scene.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I selected Ping because of the ability to customize the entire set of clubs, matching each shaft flex and stiffness to get the most out of the game. Each club is matched to the individual swing patterned making it easy to play the game. But, the price of the custom fitting and the clubs can be reduced to reach a broader mass of golfers.

Original review: July 5, 2017

They are easy to find, recommended and definitely a great brand to buy. Ping provides quality products at a competitive price. They are stylish and very well made. A friend recommended them to me so I bought them. And I am happy with how they perform.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I researched online and read customer reviews before purchasing. The brand was familiar to me, which helped because I know the quality of the brand. I have tried them before, but not owned a set. I liked the sleek look of the clubs and the variety that the set offered. I also was pleased to easily be able to find a left handed set (and they were even on sale!) at a local sporting goods store, which is not always easy to do. I loved the carrying case and that they were not too heavy for me to carry around. It was a great purchasing experience. I was very excited about it. When using the clubs on the golf course, I find that they are excellent in quality, allowing me to perform at my peak level. They are also attractive. I've been very satisfied with these golf clubs. I'm fairly new to the golf world (2 years), and I have used other brands that did not meet my expectations the way that the PING clubs do.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I selected PING clubs because they are top of the line golf clubs and they are affordable. I like the materials the clubs are made of, they are very strong and durable, easy to grip and I love the way they feel when I swing them. They are the best clubs I have ever purchased, and having a complete set of PING clubs has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I love everything about them and I feel like a better golfer when using my new clubs. For anyone who golfs, these are the best choice in terms of quality and price. I would recommend these clubs to anyone in the market for a new set.

Original review: July 2, 2017

The stiffness of the shaft and loft were just right. In my backswing and my follow through, I had more control. It felt like my swing was better and I hit it farther than my Callaway’s. I hit them better than the other clubs I tried on the simulator in the store. I had heard these clubs were better than the clubs today I’d been using. I disliked the grip after I played with it the first time though. It was raining outside. My hands got moist and slippery and it just didn't feel right. I got a new one from the same store and replaced it but other than that I'm satisfied.

PING expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PING was founded in 1959 in the garage of Karsten Solheim who decided to make his own putter after becoming frustrated with the putters on the market. Today, PING is an international company that has expanded its business to sell drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, crossovers, irons, wedges and, of course, putters for men, women and juniors.

• Juniors: PING has four junior sets that are separated based on age: Moxie K for six to seven-year-olds, Moxie G for eight to nine-year-olds, Moxie i for 10 to 11-year-olds and Thrive for 13 to 14-year-olds.  Each set is built based on age and height to allow juniors to correctly develop their swing.
    • Military rebate: PING’s military rebate program is available for service men and women and their spouses who are either Active, Active Reserve or Retired members of the United States Armed Forces. Rebate amounts vary based on product.
    • Club repair: PING’s factory has a repair department specifically for customers who need their clubs repaired. You can either take your broken product to your local PING retailer, who will forward the product to the factory, or you can ship it to the repair department directly.
    • Easy fitting: Get fit for clubs at one of PING’s national retailers. Or, you can use nFlight Web, which is PING’s online fitting application. This DIY option allows you to figure out your static fitting for any type of club without needing to get professionally fit at a store.
    • iPing: iPing is PING’s official Apple app that integrates with Apple’s Health on your Apple Watch to help you improve your putting performance. The app measures your performance, including consistency, impact angle and tempo to help you hole more putts on the green.
    • Best for: PING golf clubs are best for juniors, members of the military, beginners and intermediate golfers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs