2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (406 ratings)

About Pier 1

Pier 1 is a retailer for furniture, rugs, curtains, dining and entertaining accessories, pillows, cushions, decor, lighting, candles, seasonal gifts and more. All purchases come with a 45-day return policy. Shop online or at local retail stores throughout the United States and Canada.

Pier 1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have never experience nothing like this since I have been ordering online. I ordered 1 room spray and 3 oil fragrances. Instead of them sending me 3 oil fragrances they sent me 3 outdoor carpets. I reached out to them for 2 weeks before UPS picked up the carpets. I spoke to several service rep over and over until I asked to speak with a manager which I never did. I did finally receive the room spray but never received the oil. I will Never order from this website again. Please be aware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Like many others I should’ve read return policy. No refund, only store credit. What a scam. Overseas customer service rep was rude and didn’t care. I’ll use my store credit hopefully to purchase something of better quality then I will never shop Pier One again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

They sent a message that they & manufact. were out. They want me to take store credit. I said, "No, send me my money back." Now looking at all these reviews, I most likely JUST GOT TOOK. I live on S.S.... Colleen.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I cancelled by the phone order online in 8 minutes and and they accept this but after they charged money from my bank account. They sad it was too late because product was shipped - in 8 minutes!! THey told me I will return and gave me wrong wrong number of shipment company. Instead of USPS I was contacted during 4 days to UPS by phone # they provided. They emailed me with statement that they can give me store credit!!. Unbelievable! Do not make a business with PIER 1 if you do not want to have problems. Poor customer service with bad management.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Have been using mail order for the past 18 months due to Covid. Had good experiences and a few mistakes. One of the companies that made a mistake was very good at fixing it, but NOT PIER 1. Pier 1 could not survive in retail and they will not survive in mail order either. They are worse at mail order than they ever were in retail. I ordered and paid for a coffee table. It was about $400 and had no instructions and no hardware (bolts, screws, etc...) After asking me to take pictures of everything, which I did immediately despite the fact that they wanted a picture of what DIDN'T ARRIVE??? What a joke! Just a delay tactic. Spoke to 6 people in 4 days, and no one ever called back and still have not even sent the hardware and instructions. I have a table top and bottom sitting in my living room and they cannot even manage to mail me the instructions and hardware that SHOULD have been in the package.

No money back - no table - no return calls - no tracking number because they still didn't send the hardware. NOTHING has been done in 4 days except ,"I'm so sorry miss, please accept my apology miss, blah blah blah." They have the customer service people apologize over and over but DO NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO OWN THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!! Are they kidding me? The worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with -- take my advice and don't make my mistake. Nothing is worth this aggravation as there are PLENTY of good mail order companies out there.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I ordered 4 dining chairs online totaling over $2,000. Once received (later than promised) they did not appear as pictured online and did not fit well in the space. I immediately replied to the email to the confirmation email to initiate the return process which got dragged out for days due to their slow response time. When they finally confirmed the return they sent me a link to their return policy which states they only give store credit and in select circumstances at that.

I called to speak with someone verbally and was told that they do not refund money for any purchases and would receive store credit and 20% of my purchase back in "cash". This is not something that is told to customers prior to purchase! When viewing items and clicking the "Add to Cart" feature there is nowhere where it states a return policy or provides a link. When checking out there is nowhere where it states the policy or provides a link. When you receive email confirmation there is nowhere where it states the policy or provides a link. Had they do so I would have canceled my order and not even taken the risk of receiving an unwanted item for $2,000. Then to give me store credit when I cannot go to any in person store and get a good look at another product in person because they are all closed is a slap in the face. I will NEVER shop at Pier 1 ever again and advise everyone else to avoid them at all costs.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Purchased 3 bar stools that stated they were leather. After 6 months the "leather" started to tear and realized this is not leather at all, but some cheap imitation leather. I addressed this with the store, they didn't do anything. I provided pictures and the original price tag (with description) to corporate office. After 3 months of going back and forth they decided they didn't want to refund my money, after showing proof. This retailer is over-priced for their false advertisement, cheap, phony materials, and very unprofessional in the way they handle disputes. I will not invest another dime in this store.

Original review: June 27, 2021

They did not insulate the box with appropriate packing material so bowls, mugs and plates were shattered and chipped when they arrived. It was impossible to get customer service to do right by me. They are unethical & expect the consumer to pay for their negligence. Heinous business practice.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Two pillows were purchased online and upon reception we decided to return them. There is no way to do this via a form on the Pier One website. You must call and ask for them to process the return. We were first told that the refund would be less shipping charges and we would have to verify FedEx delivery and request refund by phone once the items were delivered. When calling Pier One once the items were returned we were told that Pier One would only issue a store credit. Not covering shipping and on top of that requiring a follow-up via phone was bad enough. Then learning that they would only grant store credit was outrageous. We will never be purchasing from Pier One again and would no longer recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I bought outdoor furniture for almost $1200 and the furniture came damaged with thousands of pieces to assemble with no clear instructions. I called customer service to return the item request a full refund. Customer service tells you 24-48 hours to resolve and no one calls back. After calling 5 times they want to offer me store credit! I don’t want store credit. I want my full refund! Now they say they will escalate and if the team approves it it will take 14 to 21 business days to receive my refund, can you believe it? It took them seconds to take my money! Don’t do business with them! Definitely not the Pier 1 that we are used to before closing all their stores down! Save yourself tears of frustration!!

Pier 1 Company Information