2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

Pier 1 is a retailer for furniture, rugs, curtains, dining and entertaining accessories, pillows, cushions, decor, lighting, candles, seasonal gifts and more. All purchases come with a 45-day return policy. Shop online or at local retail stores throughout the United States and Canada.

Pier 1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pier 1?

Original review: April 9, 2021

I ordered 4 bar stools over a month ago. 2 shipped, never received the other 2. No notification and no refund. I have called 4 times this week to just now be told they are sold out and I will not receive the other 2. Now I have the hassle of returning these and starting a new search. This is exactly the 4th time this happened so I should have known better.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I ordered a floor lamp and wall mirror, totaling almost $400 from Pier 1. The lamp arrived first, damaged and missing hardware. I did all the leg work to return it. The mirror arrived a few days later in about 1000 pieces. You could hear all the broken glass when I picked up the box off my porch so FedEx knew they were delivering a broken package. I called Pier 1, sent them all the photos and now they want to issue me a gift card!! I don't want a GC, I want my money back. The items were damaged upon delivery. Poor customer service. I have no interest in ordering from them again. A GC is useless to me.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We cancelled an order within 5 minutes of placing the order. Pier1 sent out the order the next day. Their return policy - for orders cancelled within 15 minutes - only allows for store credit. In other words, they ignore the cancellation and shove it down your throat. This is not the Pier1 of pre-bankruptcy brick and mortar days. Retail Ecommerce Ventures, the investment firm that acquired the rights to Pier 1′s trademark name, intellectual property, data and various ecommerce-related assets. This outfit is a scam, avoid them at all costs.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I loved our Mentor, Ohio Pier One brick and mortar for the many wonderful years it was open near our home. How sad that it couldn't weather one short year, scale back somehow and keep its doors and its reputation for the most beautiful furnishings and home decor in tact. Their store was complete magic, an experience for the senses, heart and soul. Everything in it exquisite and gorgeously arranged and the sales team all angels. Whatever this new totally on-line Pier One is trying to be, it ain't Pier One and shouldn't carry the name. Shame on whoever. Wish I had my old lovely, gorgeous store back. Soooo sad!

Original review: March 8, 2021

I’m old enough to remember when Pier 1 came to Long Island in the early 1960s. It was always fun to shop there and whenever I went there I always picked up a few things that were sometimes fun and unique. They carried things you couldn’t find elsewhere. Prices were almost always low to moderate. Even in more recent years I would stop in once in a while and would always find something to buy.

Then they closed down most of their brick and mortars and have tried to concentrate on internet sales. It hasn’t worked. Rather than the original, interesting and sometimes novel stuff that used to be their signature, their internet offerings have seemed to be consistently bland and run of the mill. Additionally, much of their merchandise seems overpriced. Ah, for the old days. I don’t think Pier 1 will ever find a market niche with their current offerings of overpriced same old same old.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Zero stars. I suspect Pier1 is scamming people. First they charged me for an item that was not in stock and never even shipped. Now they are saying I can only get a refund as store credit. This is not a refund, say for an item I bought and changed my mind about, it is for something you never had in stock and never sent. I AM NOT PIER1'S BANK and I never agreed for them to take my money, not have the product, not ship the product then keep my money and offer me store credit!!!!! That is robbery, not refunds policy. It is illegal. Do not buy from them. They will take your money and then you will have store credit for yet more products they do not actually have but will take orders for. And so on and so on.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

So I ordered on the 1st and was set to be delivered on the 5th, a wk gone by and I let it past because of the weather condition in Texas (I'm from California and shipment came from Ohio). After 20 days I reached out to customer service via email, they said they will replace and I will get a new tracking number, well I got another email the next day with a link of the original tracking # that was supposed to be delivered the 5th. They even told me to call fed ex which I did, and since it was past 20 days they recommend me to call Pier 1 and ask for replacement/refund.

Called pier 1 cust service which took me 30 mins just to get it answered by an agent, another 30 mins to figure out what happened. I wanted a refund and they insisted they will del it in 5-7 days. I want to talk to supervisor/manager and they said they will call in an hour or so, but a day passed never got any call. I think what they're doing is a scam, what a bad experience. Worst customer service! Worst online store!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Unless you are 100% certain that you will keep the decorative pillows, DO NOT purchase them from Pier1. I purchased $400 worth of decorative pillows and they will not accept returns on pillows. The returns policy states: Returns/exchanges are not accepted on pillows, comforter sets, or other bedding products. This alludes that decorative pillows are bedding items. You can not find decorative pillows under their "Bedding" tab. This is a completely unacceptable policy OR the policy needs to be written so that is it clear that all pillows are final sale. A store credit would have been fine, but to not return them at all is unacceptable. I will no longer shop at PIER1 after this horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Purchased 950.00 online in June 2020. I could never get a straight answer to the status of my order. To this day I'm out my money and still don't have my order. No one will return my emails or calls. They have literally stolen my money and there is nothing I can do about it. My bank tells me I waited too long to report it but Pier 1 customer service kept saying due to COVID-19 they were severely backed up. Now you can't talk to anyone. The new owners say they aren't responsible for any orders placed prior to September of 2020. How is this allowed to happen? Has anyone else had these issues? How is it that the new owners were able to keep the name but not the liability that goes with it. They are crooks and obviously took advantage of consumers, like dealing with COVID and job losses and furloughs wasn't enough. 950.00 is a lot of money!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Zero customer service. Ordered a cabinet & need a larger one. Cancellation policy is "15min after purchase"...and they keep you on hold long enough to miss that window. Order hasn't even processed, but "cannot cancel". And "there's no managers, only supervisors & they're all busy, but we can schedule a callback in the next 48hrs". DO NOT USE PIER 1!!!

Pier 1 Company Information