1.23/5
Based on 165 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Official Online Tickets

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 30, 2017

166 Official Online Tickets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

This company a joke. It’s nearly impossible to get anyone to respond. I have emailed numerous times and called with no response whatsoever. I am not even sure how I was transferred to this vendor after tickets were purchased. I paid $300 for surprise birthday tickets for my husband. The tickets never came in. I have pleaded multiple times for a refund and as of today no one has called me back or even respond to one of my many emails. This company is a rip off. DO NOT trust your money with this company:

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I Googled Janet Jackson tickets at a specific venue. The web address said it was for the venue; however, when you check out there is an astronomical service charge added to each ticket. This site poses as the venue till check out. When you actually go to the venue site the tickets are about half price. I accidentally purchased tickets from Onlinecitytickets.com and immediately tried to cancel the order. You can only contact them by chat. The chat session took over 30 minutes only to find out that all sales are final and that individuals cannot resell their tickets on this site.

After a 30 minute chat here is the official answer I received "At this time Chanda we do only allow professional sellers to list tickets for sale on our website. However you are definitely more than welcome to list your tickets for sale on other websites! You may research these reselling websites further by doing a quick Internet search of the phrase "sell my tickets" to determine which resource you would like to utilize!" Terrible customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I purchased tickets and they arrived with a face value of $18 but when I selected them on the website the value of the tickets showed up at $70 each. I paid a total of $202 for it the tickets with shipping and handling costs and on the day of the event I scrutinized them and saw that someone else's name was on the tix. I attempted to call. There was no phone assistance. I followed up after the event and get a voicemail that said they are a third-party resale company which they never mentioned when you're purchasing and that someone else's name appear on the tickets and they also said that because they’re third-party company that the face value of the tix may differ from actual costs. All of this was hidden during purchase. Beware this is a costly lesson learned. I will never purchase tickets from the Online City Tickets again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

When I purchase two tickets for $242.40 the site did not mention ANYTHING about third party sellers. The site does not disclose any further information is completely misleading to the consumer. Tickets were $57 each when we got to the venue. How can this be tolerated? Class action suit!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

We have issued a ticket to travel from Abu Dhabi to Addis Ababa on the 8th of Jul 2017. On the 2nd of Jul, I have submitted a request through Kiwi.com website asking to reschedule the flight till end of July, with no response. On the 5th of Jul, I called up the 24/7 Kiwi.com to request to change the date, they promised me to change and get back to me immediately with no response. On the 8th of Jul I called again for the same purpose, they told me that the will change and get back to me soon with no response.

Today, the 10th of Jul, I made a chat with kiwi.com (attached) where they said to me that they can't change the flight and they will try to refund. They told me also that they sent me an email earlier, and when I asked them to re-send me a copy of that email they regret that the email not sent due to technical reason, they are layers. I have to buy a new ticket. They are cheaters and no customer services - I have all supporting documents and I will sue them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Official Online Tickets?

Original review: June 25, 2017

We attended a concert last night in which there were major mechanical issues and all the people seated on the lawn received no sound for the whole show. Live Nation was willing to offer refunds. But these scammers, who already overcharged said, "we provided tickets, if you had problems with the show you need to contact Blossom." Their flippant response and terrible customer service as well as scam prices are terrible. Avoid this site for all your ticket purchases.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I went to purchase tickets for a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater and was routed to Ticket Capo's site. Initially when I went to purchase the tickets, it showed a price of $85, which didn't seem outrageous at the time. As soon as I had purchased them, they sent over a $28.50 service fee and $8 delivery fee (for E-tickets that I would be printing off myself!) I ended up paying $121 for the ticket. When I actually received the email containing my ticket, I saw that the face value of the ticket was for $39.50. I ended up paying about 3 times the original tickets value on this scam. The customer service rep was extremely rude each time I called and basically told me 'tough luck'. Never, ever, ever use this scalping company.

Original review: June 19, 2017

SCAM!!! UNETHICAL!!! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are deceptive and lied in their ability to get me a digital ticket that could be shown at the concert. I called and purchased a tix as my child was on the way to the concert, asking several times if she would be able to send her the ticket digitally because she was on her way to the concert in the pouring rain. She assured me over and over that she could send it directly to her phone and she could use it. The customer care supervisor stated that the agent did not lie and that it could be sent digitally and all my daughter had to do was to stop at a Kinko's or a library to print it out. (not realistic, nor was this presented when I was purchasing the ticket) The agent was fully aware that she was on her way to a concert that started in 45 minutes and sold me the ticket anyway. My daughter had to park 2 miles away in the pouring rain.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Tix to Kansas concert - RIPPED OFF!!!! Talked to a man named "C", asked him 3x about a specific seating area. He assured me that he indeed was aware of the particular seats I asked for. HE LIED!!!! I paid WAY more for the tix AND my seats were in the nosebleed section. I will NEVER use this site again and I encourage others to do the same. Worthless individuals with little or no knowledge of the arenas.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Stay away! Very misleading website as we bought the best seat in the house for San Francisco ballet $245 USD including service fee, but it turned out to be a terrible seat. The ballet had MANY open seats that were MUCH better for $80 USD. When I called to complain I got sent to email, then told I needed to call to speak to a manager who in the end could only offer $60 towards my next event. The 100% satisfaction guarantee didn't stand up as the small print is that you'll get into your event. Their systems are very well tailored to complaint management and manager escalation. Such a SCAM!

Original review: April 26, 2017

Stay away from this site! They are total scammers, charging 200% to 400% above regular prices. Their site looks very authentic, but it is probably some guy working out of his garage. They don't send you your tickets when you purchase them. Their guarantee is you will get your tickets at least an hour before the event! Crazy! How do you plan for that? Their idea of customer service is yelling at you, if you can actually get someone to answer the phone. Maybe the guy has to leave his garage and walk into his house. This company needs to be shut down. It's hard to see how they are not breaking some kind of federal regulation. Stay away!

Original review: March 29, 2017

Four months ago I purchased 4 tickets to Eric Church at Golden 1 Arena, which is 3/30/2017. I was assured yesterday that my tickets would be shipped today with UPS tracking. I contacted them via their "live chat" and "spoke" with Eugene - this after chatting with them yesterday and being told they were monitoring the shipment and that they would ship today.

Today, upon reiterating yesterday's chat, I was assured that my tickets would be emailed. I requested a refund of the UPS fee, which Eugene said they would gladly refund. I asked that my tickets be emailed today since 2 of the concert goers are driving several hours. I wanted to ensure that they did not make the drive if I did not have the tickets. To which I was politely informed that, "You will have the tickets sent to your email, that is a guarantee and again we will watch the order closely. Thanks for chatting with us tonight." And he Eugene ended the chat. A subsequent attempt to live chat has been ignored for the last 15 minutes. At this point, I have zero faith that this is legit and doubt I will receive my tickets. Sad - this was a gift for my daughter's 35th birthday.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I tried to buy tickets to Lion King. They appeared with the venue's logo and the Lion King logo. They showed seating choices of the venue and looked official. They wouldn't allow me to pick specific seats so I logged out and clicked onto what I thought was a different site but it brought me back to the same one. I purchased the tickets but didn't feel comfortable about not getting an actual seat assignment. So I tried to cancel the order but they said I couldn't since I used a debit card. I couldn't cancel it either when I asked the bank.

I went to the venue and they knew immediately what had happened. I was diverted to a 3rd party site and ended up paying double the price. When I called Online ticket sales they came off as professional except they were well trained in evading and not giving me the tickets or the refund. They know what they are doing. Ripping off the public posing as being the correct website but in the fine print they say they are a 3rd party site. They should be illegal. It is unethical and immoral to represent yourself and overcharge for what you could buy through a legitimate channel. Anywhere else it would be price gouging and be illegal. I am going to try and bring it before the state legislature to stop it. BEWARE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

Original review: March 21, 2017

I had a bad internet connection and these people have fake websites that have the name of the venue in them to look like you are purchasing tickets from the actual venue. In my case House of Blues. Having gone through the entire purchase thinking that I was purchasing directly from the House of Blues I realized after that this is a scam site where you are redirected here WITH NO INDICATION THAT IT IS A SECONDARY MARKET and charged 4x the actual ticket price $178. The tickets were NOT SOLD OUT and can be purchased directly for $45 at the real House of Blues site. Complete ripoff. Will not refund and will not answer phone. Don't count on your credit card helping you because they do not help with fraud.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Went to buy tickets for Cabaret on 1/19/17 for out of town guest. Only to find out that I paid TWICE and more on original ticket prices. Service charge $131 for 4 tickets. Next time I will go to Broward Center and buy at the window. Never will I use this overpriced Online City Tickets service.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I purchased 4 tickets for Orlando cirque du soleil, made payment through PayPal, later discovered that the price was inflated to the double and did not receive any tickets. Customer service pretend that they answer but with zero help. Waiting on the line on hold! Or an email that says that they will contact me soon!!! Learned my lesson.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I went online to purchase tickets to Joe Bonamassa concert at the Johnny Mercer Theater, Savannah, GA for 2/25/2017 and was referred to Online City Tickets. I purchased (4) tickets 2nd row of LEFTCTR Orchestra. When charge receipt came through, I was charged $1713.10 or $428.28/ticket for tickets that are $125 at box office. I feel Online City Tickets grossly inflated the cost of the tickets and the cost of being a ticket broker. Obviously, I will neither use nor recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I am taking the time to write this review about Vivid Seats online ticket agency because I feel incredibly cheated and their website states, "Our 100% Buyer Guarantee is designed to give you full peace-of-mind..." Well, I have no peace of mind because I feel cheated, unfortunately. I understand there is a markup, but more than double, no thank you Jesus. I spent $77 for a $31 ticket. I can let go now and look forward to seeing my abundance for this. ;D

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Purchased 3 tickets to a baseball game. Initially we were satisfied. We saved a couple of dollars on the face value of the tickets. We would have considered purchase ticket from them again until this company started charging me a monthly fee on my credit card of $9.95. I did not authorized any service or fee. I attempted to contact them to cancel any service that they felt I had requested. Here was the problem, you can't get a hold of them. There is no customer service phone number. They do not have online chat, or an email for customer service. I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company. They stopped charging me, and lo and behold they started charging me again. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I feel slightly better to see that it wasn't entirely my naivety that got the best of me, but this website is purposefully deceptive and I can't believe it is not fully considered a scam. It would be better on the world if it was shut down. I wanted to purchase tickets to Cirque Du Soleil in San Francisco. The first website that I was directed to was this website. It looked legit and like the official CDS website, down from the URL down to the JavaScript in the purchasing portal. In fact in hindsight and looking at the real Cirque Du Soleil website, Secure-tix purchasing portal looks even better! I ended up paying $400 for what should be $90 tickets! Initially the price seemed high around $150-200. I also didn't want to sit in the back corner of the theater since this is my first time going to a Cirque show so wanted to splurge a little.

Tickets for a decent seat were around $280 on their website. But there were all these taxes or processing fees that jacked the price up to this ridiculous amount by the time I finished my purchase. I have never been to CDS and so didn't know what a reasonable price for a ticket was. I was surprised by the price but went ahead because I was nervous about them selling out and saw they had a %100 money back guarantee and so thought I would be able to cancel my order later. I can't even finish this review properly I am so upset.

After buying the tickets things didn't sit well and so I tried to go back to their website. Boom all of a sudden I can only find the REAL CDS website and see what a real ticket should cost. It might have something to do with initially I bought tickets on my phone and later was on my computer. I quickly learned that they only broker deals between 3rd parties and they themselves were not selling me the ticket.

Oh man I knew what I was in for before even contacting their customer service. Their customer service was frustrating and wouldn't cancel the tickets. Their "100% money back guaranteed" is all but useless as it only applies in stupid loopholes and they won't give you a straight answer around their policies of promoting scalped tickets. Their website is also extremely bare and has no mention of their policies. It all feels terribly illegal but I imagine they are based in some obscure place and have no regard of ethics.

It appears their business model relies on people looking for sold-out tickets which I can respect – only if people are just trying to resell tickets they can't use anymore (not scalpers). BUT I can't help but feel like they have also capitalized on folks mistaking their website for the official purchasing portal and cleaning up on a percentage of excessively overpriced tickets. Then when it is all said and done they can wash their hands of it because they didn't sell you the tickets. They are platform that allowed peer to peer purchases.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I purchased tickets for my mother for a Christmas present. When I searched for the event WWE Live at Lea County Event Center it took me to officialonlinetickets.com. It showed me tickets for $40 (no seating chart) and these were the cheapest they had. After I checked out the total ending up being $165.00 for 3 tickets. When I printed tickets after Christmas they were $15 tickets and in the worst seating possible. I called the company because I was so upset, and they stated that they would not give better seats or refund my money because they were a 3rd party in the sale of these tickets.

When I asked to sell them back to the company they replied that they didn't buy tickets, they only sold them. When I looked back at the website it showed in very small print that the tickets may be sold for more than face value. As of now I have called my bank and I'm hoping to get my money back. I have learned the hard way to reach ticket websites before purchasing from anything online.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I purchased these tickets online on approximately end of October, very early November for my nephew and his son for a Christmas gift. After confirmation, was told tickets would be sent to me a couple days before event. I immediately wrote and told them this was a gift for Christmas. I was told that the seller would NOT give them to me prior and to print out the confirmation email (which had the price I PAID FOR, on it). Tacky. I contacted again in December and got the same answer. I made up a computer card saying where and when for my nephew and gave at Christmas. The other day, which was second week in January, I wrote saying still have not received tickets. Got a response and said we sent them to you, we will resend. Trust me, I never received them. I check my spam folder each day.

Email came, downloaded tickets and was shocked. It clearly said on ticket the price was $18.50. I purchased two tickets. He charged me $129.15 OUTRAGEOUS markup. I contacted back and explained my concern and received a generic email, check rules and regulations, sellers have right to make face value higher. I am totally embarrassed. I have to give these tickets to them, who knows where the seats are, it is general admission. I paid so much more thinking they had great seats. This should be illegal adding on so much more money for tickets. I will NOT be ever using this site again and I suggest you do not either.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

If I could give them -4 I would. Bought tickets for what should have been $201 per ticket but ended up $265 x 4. You don't see the full charge until you make a payment. If I could get my money back I would.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

When trying to acquire Brian Setzer tickets at the Microsoft Theater in LA, I somehow connected to a website with the address: http://microsofttheater. ticketoffices.com... which displayed details about Microsoft Theater (including the apparent web address). I assumed it was the official box office site and forked over $250 for each seat. I thought these were the official prices until I purchased and printed them out. They should have been only $100. When I called to ask why and for a refund, no luck. Upon revisiting the site, I acknowledge that there is a statement that indicates it is NOT the official box office website. This may help them shirk some liability. But, if they were serious about not deceiving, then they wouldn't make the site and address appear official otherwise. The website and even the address is, indeed, made to deceive people. Shameful.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

This was the worst experience, can't even believe it happened. We bought Trans Siberian Orch. tickets for 12/10/16 at the Bradley center in Milwaukee. On 12/9/16 at about 4 PM we got a call from online tickets saying seller did not want to sell tickets - WHAT? We paid for 5 tickets at a expensive price. He then said I have tickets in the upper section- we said no way - never heard of this happening - would not recommend anybody use this company_CRAZY.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

This company makes their website URL name look like the official outlet for the venue and it tricks you into buying from them instead of the real deal. As a consequence you end up paying much more for tickets that would still be available (not sold out) from the official ticket outlet for that event. I don't even know how this is legal, or maybe it's not. Stay Away!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I purchased two tickets for an event, which was supposed to be $66 per person. After I agreed on the price, and details put it all the info, the last second it added $20 per ticket to the total cost. I was in a hurry to purchase them, and since there were no mentions of "hidden/ extra charges" I clicked accept before processing the whole thing. The minute I realized that I was now charged $86 per ticket plus taxes, I called them to try to cancel the ticket. The person that picked up "Melina" was extremely rude just told me the "Tickets are non refundable" and when I told her, "Well I feel like your site is deceptive. I will try to cancel it through my bank", and she hung up on me. So rude, horrible customer service, deceptive. Don't purchase anything from them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

First I will admit I bought the tickets for the wrong date. Right team wrong date. Called the company less than 30 seconds after hitting purchase button and was told "sorry system already processed your order." I was told "tough luck they are yours now." I even said I would spend the additional money for the correct date but again no luck. They just said, "buyer beware, you ordered them. You are stuck with them." WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Ordered ZZ Top tickets for nephews that included the meet & greet, paid extra for this. Received tickets and they had someone else's name on them. Called and was assured, "No problem". They could still get into venue & meet and greet. Nephews uneasy about name issue, called venue and was told 'no'. Unless their name on tickets, so I called this company and they supposedly called and was then told nephews could attend both, no problem. Well at concert last night it was a problem. They could NOT get into the meet & greet because name was not on tickets. They had to show ID to match tickets. BIG BUST! Waste of extra $$$. Very upset to say the least.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I hope this helps save people thousands of dollars. This is 100% true story and I want everyone to know. I purchased Garth Brooks tickets for the Fresno show on Saturday 24, September 2016. The website directed me to online city tickets. The front row seats were $1,800 for 2 tickets. I purchased these on the 1st day they were offered. 10 minutes later I found the same seats for $1,300. I called online city tickets immediately to tell them to cancel my order. They said the could not do that. I then called my credit card company to stop it. They got on the phone with online city tickets.

Online gave me a $200 refund. So, I still had to pay $1,600. Tonight the tickets are $500 each, the day before the show. NEVER USE ONLINE CITY TICKETS!! THIS IS A VERY BAD BUSINESS!! STAY AWAY. I would advise waiting 2 weeks after the open purchase day as the prices may drop down to half for the good seats. So, this is a lesson learned for me. I will enjoy the show tomorrow at $1,600, but I will never use this company again. I will tell every business associate of mine in Fresno and try to notify millions on Facebook not to use this company. Hopefully, word of mouth will put them out of business. If I could take legal action I would, but I did hit the accept button for terms, so I am liable for this action. Buyer beware Online City Tickets is a total rip off!!

Official Online Tickets Company Information