National Wholesale Liquidators

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have bought everyday items such as soap, shampoo, laundry detergent and you're thinking you're buying a certain product because of the packaging or logo but it's not what you think you're buying. The item you're buying has been replaced by a substandard version of it. If you look closely at the item, you will know it's not the same, i.e., Dove or Dial soap, Finesse shampoo, all detergent are some things I have bought cheaply that have turned out to be fraudulent items.

Very unclean and bad store in NY - Ladies and men's restrooms are very dirty and employees have bad altitude. Lady cashiers are sexy looking. Floors, roofs, security are unhappy because they're getting less salary. They have unorganized alleys. They're using sidewalk for merchandise. Loading dock is very dirty. Several customers are sick and complaining to the city. This has to close forever. Sale items are not there and so so on!

Whenever they have a sale on their rugs, the sale item is never there and the store manager always tells me that they are sold out when I ask about it. There is a sale which started 2-15-12 that runs until 2-28-12 and the ad is for the Plush Pile Rugs. I was looking for the 4' x 6', which the ad said is $14.00 and the 3' x 5', which should be $9.00. I went to the store everyday to see if they had these rugs and surprisingly, they did not. When I went in on Sunday, February 19th, I inquired again and was told by the manager that they were sold out.

When I told him, they were never in the store because I was there everyday he just said to me that he was told they were sold out. He never looked at me and as I tried to ask him if they were getting any at all for this sale, he just said "we only have what's there. " I pointed that there were other rugs on the floor with the same "Compare At Price" and asked if I could get these rugs for the price listed in the flier and just said "no it has to be exactly what the flier says". I feel that this should not be allowed to happen, especially in these economic times when people are trying to get the most for their money and stores like this are out to rip us all off. I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

I was working on register 9 and there was Kathline on register 10. I kept hitting her by mistake. So, I was kidding with her that I might have accidentally slipped and said a bad word, but I never cursed a customer out. I was going to go on a break and Eryan told me that I was cursing on the register because security supposedly heard. I don’t recall doing that. But anyway, I should’ve gotten a warning before they terminate someone. Eryan wouldn’t let me talk at all. He told me to call the next day. I did three times and left two messages with Mike, the store manager. He never called me back. I even let one of my friends confront him to call me back. He told her “Mmm” and never did.

I think I was being treated disrespectfully in this case. I’m the only white person on the register. I think he treated me with discrimination. I’m thinking of getting attorney with this case. The woman from the corporate kept yelling at me other times and wouldn’t let me explain anything. Also, I worked 62 hours and another 48 this week. My friend just texted me and told me I was not on the schedule which nobody told me. I was terminated at all. I’m still waiting for a call. Thanks. Hopefully, you correct this matter, or court will. Call me at **.

On July 6, 2011, I and a friend purchased a number of items at the National Wholesale Liquidators store located at 691 Co-op City Blvd. Amongst those items was a banded bra in a size small/medium. While the store does carry clothing, it does not have a fitting room; so, you are forced to make a good guess when purchasing any item of clothing. I took the item home and tried it, only to discover that it was excessively tight, even on my small 34 B frame. So today, July 7, 2011, I took it back to the store intending to exchange it for a larger size. The return policy listed on the back of the receipt states that such "undergarments" are not returnable; but given the aforementioned limitations, the fact that I returned it the very next day and the fact that it does not explicitly state that the items cannot be exchanged, I decided to attempt an exchange nonetheless.

The young lady in customer service was immediately confrontational. Without my consent, she tossed the new exchange item back to her shelf without waiting to hear whether I would choose to purchase the new items, upon hearing I could not apply the cost of the old items. She directed me to the manager, one Moussa, who refused to supply his surname. He, without hearing me out, also immediately directed me to a sign behind the customer service representative which states that undergarments are not only non-refundable but are also not exchangeable. The customer service counter and this sign is not close enough to the check-out registers for it to be seen by patrons -- nor is that exchangeable bit noted on the receipt. In fact, unless you enter the store with the intent to go to customer service, you are unlikely to see the sign. I argued my point. The more I put the facts to them, the more aggressive they became; the more aggressive I became.

The young lady, while attending to my friend who was double-charged for a single item the day before, used words like **, answered me tit for tat, all in her capacity as a customer service agent. The manager, whose behavior was no better, adamantly refused to give me his last name, shouted what I assume to be the headquarters numbers at me and called me stupid. The young lady went so far as to call me a slave. I was angry and answered them word for word -- even if the bra is only 2.99. It seems unfair that I should be made to eat it, despite how much money I spent in the store, despite the fact that they have no fitting rooms, despite the fact that it cannot fit and I can do nothing with it. So needless to say, the fray ended with me tossing them back their bra.

The customer service rep claimed that no store would allow patrons to try undergarments, in this case a bra; so that even if they had a fitting room, you still would have to make a good guess at it. I know that to be untrue. While most to all stores will not allow you to try panties, stores from Macy's to Kmart to Target allow you to try bras and even swimsuits, so that excuse is void or at least should be. In good faith, when someone has patronized your store and spent their hard-earned money, it is not right that an item, such as a bra, once inspected and found to be in the condition it was sold, should not at the least be exchangeable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Wholesale Liquidators?

On September 6th, 2008 I was shopping in the carpet aisle at National Wholesale Liquidators and while walking out of the aisle, a 9' by 12 roll of carpet fell on my had. I was taken out of the store by ambulance because I was unable to move my neck. Since that day I suffer with spasm in my neck and right shoulder. Since the location I was injured in is now closed, I've been avin a tough time getting insurance information from them or online for that matter. I would appreciate any information you can provide me with. Thank you

I still suffer with pain from the accident but do not have insurance to pay for the bills accrued. All my MRI have come back negative an I was told by two lawyers that I do not have a strong case if any at all. I am looking to get insurance information so I can clear up all accrued debts from this incedent.

On Dec 12 I purchased an 8x10 rug from the Lodi, NJ store. Upon taking ti home I realized it did not go with my furnishings so I returned it the next day, Dec 13 and received a credit to my MC Card, or so I thought. to this day I have not receieved a credit, the rug cost $373.75. I spoke with a manager larry on Jan 5 and he informed me that the company had system problems and was unable to credit customers for returns. He assured me that the problem would be corrected by the following Monday Jan 12 but as of today, Jan 14 it has not. In addition, he has not returned 3 phone calls I have placed to tryand resolve this issue. what else can I do?

Today is October 26, 2008...my husband and I went to the National Wholesale Liquidators store in Yonkers, NY to do a little shopping...we got 2 items...windshield wiper liquid and a bottle of Listerine, that I had seen a sign for $2.49. I was charged $4.99 for this and had to go to Customer Service because the cashier would not refund my money. The woman at Customer Service received a personal cell phone call and at the same time, was trying to settle our problem. My husband told her that she needed to get off the phone and take care of her customers. She got very nasty and told him that she didn't need his attitude.

She proceeded to get the paperwork done for our refund and then put down the coin change, no $5 bill. When I asked her for the money, she said that my husband had taken it - he had 2 $1 bills in his hand. I said no he had not and then she gave him the money. I told her that she needed to learn how to take care of her customers instead of personal phone calls; because as customers - we are the ones that make it possible for her to keep her job. I also told her that she needed to learn some manners. She was very rude and then proceeded to tell us to get out of the store. Whatever happened to having customer service reps with some decency and respect to their customers???

on thursday 04/10/08 i went to NWL for shopping,bought laundry soap, cd's for $34.21 and used my bank card to make the payment, on friday 04/11/08 at about 11pm i went online to make payment for my bills which i do by online billpay but to my greatest surprise there was not enough money on my a/c i scanned through my activities only for me to discover that NWL had charged my check a/c $346.61 my blood pressure rose

unfornately it was night time so i could talk to any body so i had to impatiiently wait for dawn to broke so at 9;15am i called and explained to the manager who told me i must come to the store with the receipt unfortunately for my i had misplaced the receipt and 2ndly i had a very busy week-end so i had to take the entire saturday and sunday to look for the receipt and finally i found inside my trash can.

On monday 04-14-08 i had to drive an hr and half to the store and when i got there i had to wait for the manager to arrive for a while then when he finally came he had little remorse for me and finally told me within 3 days from saturday 12th that i called the money will show up in my a/c that was surpposed to be tuesday the 15th but behold its today friday the 18th and my money is not still in my a/c. All my activities are in a standstill. the whole thing that puzzles me is that the money that was taken out from my a/c does not even show on my receipt, and from any indication if i did not have that receipt i would have tough on them even talking to me. Eg. who goest to seven eleven, buy stuff for 15 dollars and keep the receipt!?.

I have a three months old baby whom i just took to the hospital and needed to get her medication but it took me three days after the Drs visit to be able to pay for the meds and ofcourse i had to get money from some where else. i was unable to do grocery for my family over the week-end. Thirdly, i can't pay my credit card bills and other bills regularly as planned and this no doubt will not only affect my credit record but also will add my interest rates and accumulation. All these makes me stressed out and uncomfortable. I had to drive an hr and half just to present the receipt, who pays for my gas!. I need help in this matter, ASAP. I have all the facts.

On October 2006 I purchased a Sofa and Love Seat for a $1000.00 plus taxes.Now My sofa and Love seat are falling apart,there are threads coming apart and when you seat on it,Its like the threads come apart.Upon contacting Mr. Jay the manager in good faith, unfortunately he is not responding in good faith instead he will tell me he will call with a solution in a couple of hours after we spwak .Only to never call and I have to call all the time.

Purchased a tv on 11/26/04. Could not get it into my car. Customer service took down info, I wrote my name on the box, came back 11/27. Still could not take tv, asked customer service to give me a refund because I couldn't get anyone with a larger vehicle to pick tv up for me. The gentleman said I could go ahead and try to get someone elso to come up to the store and help me. This took several days but in the meantime I called to make sure tv was still ok being there. Spoke to same gentleman in Customer Service on December 12, 2004; said it was still ok.

Called again a few days before Christmas, unfortunately did not note the day--I know it was before Christmas. My girlfriend's son was going to pick tv up for me. I called to ask if it would be possible to send him to do this, only because of my schedule and was told no because of identification issues. In the meantime, my father passed away and I'd been occuppied with dealing with that situation. On January 8, 2005, I went to the store again to ask if I could either pick up the tv or receive a refund because I never picked it up. The store manager said I could do neither, that it was too long ago, and it was too bad--I should have picked it up a long time ago.

When I attempted to tell him about the issues surrounding picking the tv up, he did not want to hear anything. He told me the District Manager would be in the store on Tuesday and I would have to call and talk to him about it.

I will possibly lose $190.00. I guess I feel that National Wholesale Liquidators should not be able to profit that easily, especially due to someone else's misfortune. When the store was having these tv sales, there were others who had to leave items for pick-up. We (the customers who'd purchased) had to leave our names/info in order that we'd be able to come back to pick up our merchandise. The gentleman in Customer Service had previously assured me because I called a couple of times; but when I went to the store on January 8, 2005, he was not there. I never wrote down his name, and i don't know if he works there anymore. I also tried to describe him to the other people at the store but they didn't seem interested. No one tried to look for any papers, didn't look to see if the tv still may have been in the store or anything.

I am writing on behalf of my mother. While shopping in the store on 31 December, 2003, she had an accident and was hurt. She is 82 years old, and slipped and tripped over a small cart that was left unattended and empty. She is blind in one eye. She was bleeding and asked to see a manager and was told he was having tea. She asked to file an accident report and was given an argument. After she left, she felt that they probably did not keep the report. I would like help with this situation. She will be seeing her doctor because she has multiple injuries.

She is 82 years old and taking a fall that like this was very hard on her. Since most of the workers are not American, they do not have an idea of how business should be conducted in the United States. I want to know their insurance carrier and want to make sure this was reported.

I received their flyer in the mail on saturday, the same day went out to purchase a few items that was on the flyer. When I got there, there was a sales associate lying on a sofa with his shoes off watching tv. I asked him to help me to find a table advertised in their flyer that I was looking for and he looked rather annoyed and didn't bother to get up to answer. He replied that they didn't have any of those. He then told me that I could go to Home Depot to get a glass table and they would cut the glass for you if you gave them the dimensions. I found this highly amusing since my fiance works in Home Depot and told me that this is completely false. I proceeded to the next item on my list and was told by another associate that they didn't have any (it was a set of curtains for $7.99), when I asked when they will get more in stock she replied they never had them in stock.

To put it short and sweet, the store associates are unprofessional, rude, and frustrating to deal with. There is never anyone who knows anything about any of their merchandise, and they false advertise to bring people to their horrible store in the hopes that you will buy something else, because they definitely will not have what you want nor what they originally advertised.

Today July 14,2003 aprox 6:25 pm I picked up a bottle of sea mist ammonia the ammonia spilled on skirt,little on pocketbook and the right shoe I was wearing. I asked a male store employee where was the manager's office. I brought the bottle of ammonia to show manager ali mohamed. I pointed out the fact that my shoe was damaged by the ammonia . He began to question me as if I was lying. I said to him when my shoe dry if it's still damage I want the store to pay for my shoes to get dyed. he said he isn't going to do anything take the store to small claims court.

Mr. Mohamed gave me his business card from the store and wrote July 13, 2003 date on the card. I told mohammed there are bottles of ammonia there that are half full and look as if they spilled before and he should check it out before someone gets hurt He didn't check area when I reported incident and after. I was in the store for approx 5 more minutes I went over to area where ammonia stored the box states not to stock anything on top of bottles.

I wanted to purchase the Wardrobe/storage cabinet for the price of $129.99. The only brown did have all the parts to it. The manager called the NWL store in Washington, DC (Hechinger Mall). They had the wardrobe/storeage cabinet but it was $20.00 ($149.99) more than the other store. Why?? I thought if it was the same store (company), selling the same items that the price would be the same or maybe a slight different, but $20.00 more is alot of different. Well, I did't buy it.

I then proceeded to the store in Langley Park, Md and got the cabinet for the price of $129.99. In all the stores we could not find anyone to help us in that department. If my son had not been with me, I guess I would probably had left because I could not lift the boxes myself. My son lifted the boxes. I was upset about that because he could have strained his back. In the Langley Park store we asked the manager for help to load the boxes in my van and he said no. I was starting to get really mad because if I can come to your store and spend $136.46 I think that I should be provided with someone to lift those heavy boxes. The manager then change the no to yes. Suppose my son had hurt his back lifting those boxes than he could have sued your company/store. Where is the help in the stores? It's hard to find them when you need them.

National Wholesale Liquidators Company Profile