2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.4/5 (360 ratings)

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The last four deliveries from Menards have been absolutely terrible. The last guy asked if he could leave the new refrigerator outside until the next day because he had to pick up his kid from daycare.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

BEFORE YOU DO BUSINESS WITH MENARDS, check their BBB rating!!! It is an "F". They do not attempt to resolve any problems and do not comply with FTC rules regarding change of shipping. I cancelled an order because the ship date was pushed back over 2 weeks. They issued a refund minus the rebate amount. The rebate has not been issued and clearly states that it will be reduced by the amount of any returns. They cheated me out of $106.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I wish there is a zero star for this rating. Very bad service. People in the store bring you incorrect items, which you get stuck with. I bought a bathtub and wall set the other day. The employee brought me the wrong items and wrong size, different from the displayed ones I asked for. This cost me a lot renting a truck to return the bulky wall set to the store.

Further, we noticed that the bathtub is not the right model I chose after it has been installed. You typically don't expect that the employee is careless that he brings you a different item. When I contacted customer service complaining about this poor service, they told me it's my responsibility to check the items at the store and make sure they are the correct ones you asked for. Instead of taking the responsibility, they asked me next time to stand in the middle of the store opening the huge bathtub and wall set boxes and getting items out of the boxes piece by piece to make sure that the careless employee got me the right stuff I asked for. That is it. NO MORE MENARDS. Competitive stores have much better customer service from my previous experience and BTW they also give you 11% rebate if you ask for it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The 11% rebate is a scam for Menard. If you will send your rebate form in international rebate, you will not receive your rebate check. When you check your rebate it says they mail already with numbers. Since I was buying in Menard and fill-up the form and mail to them, I have not received any rebate check. I will give a minus 0 star!

Original review: July 17, 2021

I've sent in a total of 5 separate rebates and 3 of them have been over 3 months ago. I've received 1 back, kind of feel cheated. Lowe's and Home Depot will get the rest of my business from now on. I am in the middle of a big remodeling so too bad Menards on future business from me.

Original review: July 13, 2021

June 2021. I bought a item online. The box was torn open and taped with clear box tape the entire box. When I opened it up the battery tender which I bought never did charge. They knew it was damaged goods yet they still send the product. Beware when buying online. I read their policy. They said you may not get your refund back by returning items to the store in person.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Purchased some rock tile they advertised in the store at the Elkhart Menards. Of course only one box in store. So they ordered it in and told me would arrive on June 8th. It never made it to the store until June 27. Had installers ready so I had to purchase something else because it arrived late. Took the rock back because it took so long and has to pay a 25% restocking fee. Even asked them if I could have in store credit and that was a No. I will shop somewhere else!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Do not purchase the extended protection plans, they are a total scam. They cover nothing. I specifically asked when purchasing the two chairs about damage caused by dogs and was assured that the chairs would be replaced. When I tried to file a claim, I was told that damage by dogs is not covered, only stains. If the chair is stained by the animal, they will send you a cleaning product. The chairs are squeaking terribly when they rock. That is also not covered. In fact, nothing is covered. I was purposefully lied to in order to get me to purchase the two plans for $300. Never again. Lowes and Home Depot here I come!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was excited to see a new hardware store competing with Home Depot and Lowe's when it arrived in our area. I have now done business with this location and am disgusted by the true lack of service I receive when doing business with this location. Example: Online order for 6 x 12 x 8 pressure-treated lumber. The lumber was terrible quality, and because I wasn't taking that item, your staff thought it was appropriate to tell me to take my car already loaded with lumber to customer service on the other side of the store to correct the order. Really? No, that is the staff's job to do.

Example: I purchased an exterior 1/2 light door with window that opens that should have a screen in it. Picked up on 6/6/21, installed on 6/15/21. Discovered after the installation by my contractor that the screen is missing. So, how does Menards staff handle this? They tell me to run after the manufacturer to get the screen that should have been with the door to begin with. No, that is the staff's job. Not the customer who spent over $360 for that door. This company's service is infinitely worse than Home Depot. They should be ashamed of this store.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I placed an order on for a gift card for my father's birthday. I contacted customer service within 7 minutes of placing this order, because I missed a number off on the address and Menards changed the city without my knowledge. I asked them if they could correct the address.. I contacted 30 minutes later stating they would attempt to cancel, but could not change the address. I contacted them back 2 hours later and no response. A hour later, I contacted the main office, only to be told they will look into it. I signed back into my account and it showed shipped. 10 hours later, I have contacted the company 3 times, no response, no actions. I am out $50. However they are out a loyal customer. Lowe's will now have all my business.

Menards Company Information