2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Meijer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I love the store's fresh produce but each time I go to the store for a sale item they are out of it... I complained to the management via email but no response was received.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Meijer Ionia is a spectacular grocery store which I appreciate. It is a very clean and organized place. Everything needed is always stocked up. All the workers there are very kind and helpful! And it always has a ton of great stuff to sell to us. The meat area is wonderful and all meat is very delicious. The produce department has great produce too. It is also very nice in the pharmacy department. I recently bought a carpal tunnel brace from Meijer and it has helped me amazingly. Meijer is very helpful to save some money with sales and coupons offered in mPerks.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Visited the Louisville Meijer today for the first time in years. This store is beautifully set up for those with any type of accessibility needs. It is roomy and easy to navigate. The reps in customer service were efficient and knowledgeable. I went there because I had unsuccessfully attempted to get a Western Union payment at my local Kroger - Kroger still cannot process one correctly.

Meijer's had me in and out in a matter of minutes with no hassles, no aggravation. I continued to shop there and will at every opportunity. The food selections are better than Kroger's and the quality of the food is better. Anyone who has a choice would be better served at this store. It was clean, well-kept and fly free (unlike Kroger). Lastly, one can actually read their receipts - the product purchased is easily identifiable as is the description. Receipt quality - 100%.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Meijer's beyond a grocery store but a super store category. It's clean, well-lighted and great variety. Produce quality among the best I've experienced. And pricing more than competitive.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This store is open 24 hours. Sometimes when it is busy after 11 pm, there are long waits because they only have one cashier. They have the check yourself out lines but we do our weekly shopping and have A LOT of items. If they offered us a discount, we would do the work ourselves but until then I suppose we just have to wait!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

This is where we shop most often because overall it has a good selection and good quality at the best prices in our area. They try to have as much local produce as possible. And it's closer to us than Kroger. However, I only gave it four stars because when we travel out of state we find other groceries with larger and more interesting selections.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

With many national brands to choose from, Meijer offers great value for a reasonable price. Our local Meijer store is open 24/7 and features an in-house bakery, meat cut to order, and seafood that is flown in.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Meijer is a great one-stop shopping store with great deals and a large assortment of brands. It has a lot to offer to customers and the store is always clean.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Meijer grocery is a great place to shop. I've found a lot of Meijer bands are better than the name branded items. Don't quote me on other Meijer brands. Some of them I like and some I don't.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am generally pleased with Meijer. They are usually well stocked and if they are out of something, the stockers will usually run and check the back of the store to see if there is any product available. They have a lot of good sales.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This store has a decent selection of produce. It is always fresh. I really don't purchase much in other areas. I mainly use frozen vegetables and I find their selection limited, too many processed. I can put my butter on if I want it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Waiting in one of the two lines open for over twenty minutes. I mean why construct 26 lines if you only open a few?? I can never buy any frozen foods from this place and the last time we went the pita bread brand name (Sajouna) was the worst I've ever had. It tasted like it was uncooked. Packing states fully cooked ready to eat. Meijer has really gone downhill fast.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My experience with the Meijer brand lavender laundry detergent has been horrendous - costing me many hours and a lot of money to try and remedy. The smell of this detergent is so strong, it smells like someone took a bottle of perfume and poured it into the detergent. I returned the product and the customer service rep agreed. I have tried to get the smell out of the load of laundry that I washed with this, and after four washes with vinegar and hot water the smell is just as strong and gives me a splitting headache if I'm even in the same room with them! I honestly think I'm going to have to throw these clothes away. I am usually a Meijer fan, but this has really turned me away from trying their products. I was trying to save a few dollars by buying this instead of Seventh Generation (which Meijer compares this product to... no way!!) and in the end, it looks like I'll be out a few hundred dollars if I can't save these clothes.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Today I went to a Meijer store in Milford Ohio shopping for a pair of shoes. I spent 2 hours trying on shoes. I know that's a little overboard but I have a hard time finding a pair that's comfortable. Well the next thing I know I turn around and there is a lady following me through the store. Well I continued on looking at clearance items and everything. I went to the little kids section to pick out some clothes for my girls and stuff and I happened to look over and there's a man staring at me through the little girl's panty section.

Well needless to say I returned all the items back to the store and left very quickly. That is very creepy for somebody to be doing that and I feel violated as my right to shop without somebody staring me down when I've done nothing wrong but spent time in the store looking around. I don't believe I will be returning to a Meijer store because that was very disturbing to turn around and see a bald grown man staring at me while on the phone through the little girl's panty section.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Meijer has advertised the Tidy Cat Litter on sale this week, and never had it in the five stores I visited. I emailed them, and they said "We make every effort to appropriately anticipate the product quantity needed, but sometimes sales, coupons, or simply customers like you realizing a great value can create an out-of-stock situation." In my opinion, they blamed me for not having the item they advertised. This is not the first, second, or third time they have advertised items that they never had available to purchase at the sale price. I am done with Meijer!!!! I get better and more honest service elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Every time I come to my Meijer Store they never have fresh meals, no rotisserie chickens. Today I was at the store at 5:45 p.m. and all the prepared meals were shut down! I pass Wal-Mart and Jewel to come to Meijer because the few times I had the rotisserie chicken my family loved them. So I left Meijer and went to Wal-Mart and purchased everything I needed for my family and proceeded to grab dinner. Even Berkot's in my area offer the rotisserie chickens until 7:00 p.m. Not sure why only this Meijer (Mokena) does not carry hot meals in the early evening when one in Orland Park, IL always has meals on hand. You are a 24 hour store I thought!!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have been going to the Meijer Pharmacy in Southgate, MI for a few years. I have never seen worse customer service from any company!! The employees there are rude and misinformed about medications! The pharmacist there are unorganized and not helpful when it comes to getting prescriptions from the doctors. Every time I deal with the pharmacy I have nothing but problems. I am switching to a different pharmacy! I have given your company several years of business and will no longer give you any money! I don't know how this pharmacy stays in business!! There is also no communication between the team members! I am very disappointed as I have been a Meijer customer for a really long time. This will deter me from shopping at Meijer at all!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was there on Sunday June 3rd 2017. The cashier (older woman) handed me a bag with pickles in it to put in my cart. The bag had the biggest hole in it (wondering why she didn't double bag it). The bag ripped and the whole pickle jar shattered on my foot. I was holding my child at the time and my husband had our other child in his hands. The cashier didn't even say sorry. She handed me a paper towel like I was suppose to clean it up with a child in my arms & continued with her other customer. She then said, take the receipt to the customer service counter and they can take the pickles off.

The line was long & I wanted my pickles. I walked out of the store with a foot gushing out with blood, had glass stuck in my foot and no pickles (which we paid for). Why wouldn't she apologize, help me clean things up, or offer to get a new jar? Just altogether a bad experience that could have been avoided. Not to mention the cashier looked like she wasn't all the way there, looked dazed and out of it. I am never one to complain. I give people benefit of the doubt, but this was totally unprofessional. Do your job, be nice and when something happens, help a customer. I was just very upset about the whole thing & I came home with shattered glass in my foot and no pickles.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was shopping and in line ready to check out, but there was only one register open. I asked the cashier if it would be possible to get another register open, since the belt was full and 2 other customers were ahead of me with full carts, and a line growing behind me. She informed me not at this time. At the time she was doing a price check for a customer and did not at all seemed concerned about the growing line of customers waiting. I WILL NEVER RETURN!!! THAT IS MEIJER'S GROCERY for those who are interested!!!

Original review: May 22, 2017

Went to Meijer really early on mother's day. I work really late so I don't have time to go shopping like most ppl... I was there at 2:30 am to get clothes for mother's day and I couldn't try them on at the store cuz I was told it was too late so I bought the clothes and came home... I tried the clothes on later that day and the items didn't fit... I took the items in to exchange them but like always I can't find my size... So I decided that I would just get the money back...

I have the receipt and I have the tags but because I tried them on at home I was told that I can't return the clothes or exchange them so I immediately called corporate and told them what happened and I was told to go back to Meijer and go to the service desk and ask for a manager and the items will get returned so I went right back to Meijer and I did just that and still was told that I can't try on clothes and bring them back so now I'm stuck with $79.89 worth of clothes that I can't wear. All because they don't allow you to try them on at the store... So don't buy clothes at Meijer in Middletown Ohio unless you can get there before they lock the dressing room....

People out there wonder why good people go bad and why bad people get worse but what's a person supposed to do when they're honest and other people aren't... I would understand if it were underclothes or something like that but I just bought 3 shirts and 2 shorts... I'm still trying to figure out why it amount is almost $80 when they really don't have anything worth that much... I didn't even want to give them a star but unfortunately that's something else I have no control over so here's your 1 star Meijer.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I just returned from the Greenville, Michigan Meijer store and I am not at all happy. First of all, the item I wanted was on the very top shelf which I could not reach. There was not 1 employee around to ask for help so I (77 year old female) had to climb up on the shelving to reach the item. Then out to the garden center for potting soil. The smallest bag they had was 40 lbs. I asked if they could help me load it into my trunk. The lady was very apologetic but she was the only employee in that department and couldn't leave the register. That's pretty poor service.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Seem to have some of the cheapest prices without ins. Also, some meds are even free of charge. Nothing is a better deal than free! Always fast service too.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Meijer 8000 E. Broad St.Reynoldsburg, OH. 43068-#212. I purchased a package of Oscar Mayer Natural Chicken Breast lunch meat on 4/28/17. I opened the package today to prepare sandwiches. The expiration date on the package reads February 2, 2017!

Original review: May 1, 2017

I visited Meijer on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Typical weekend with grocery shopping to do. Well after being in the store for 2 hours plus to grocery shop it was time for check out. Getting in line at #15 with Amber attending she had 3 people ahead of me. She finished them. I get to the counter. Have everything on the counter ready to check out besides the stuff under my cart. Typical you don't take the bottom of the cart out. Especially not someone who is 25 weeks pregnant. So getting up to the counter my fiance asks Amber to scan the milk so or wants her attention that there are items on the bottom of the cart before we load the cart up and she missed something.

Well the belt had automatically went so all the items were starting to cram up and I try to catch the pack of chicken that was already completely folded in half because they just do their job. Scan it and bag it excluding if the packaging is broken unless you catch it (previous experience at Meijer) so I grab it and say, "Oh Man" to myself not to her and fix the issue. About the same time my fiance had said, "Excuse me ma'am can you scan the milk, I have 4 of them." Her response was, "Can you give me a minute I'm going." Copping an attitude while also sticking her finger in his face. Grabbing the bags she just had finished bagging and throwing them in my cart before scanning items at the bottom. Then I asked him if she had copped an attitude with him. Him already knowing I was aware and stressing he told me to calm down. I exclaimed I was calm.

She roughly finished my order throwing my items in bags and how you could tell I had a big can of Hominy and she slammed it to make a loud noise instead of calmly putting it in the bag. I didn't even look her way the rest of the transaction even though at that point I wanted to walk away, or say something. I paid in 2 forms of payment the first she was so so attitude wise throwing my receipt at me the second she was doing who knows what in her mind that it took her standing 5 minutes to notice the machine was waiting on her. Then once the transaction cleared she added up my receipts and threw them to me. I clearly was heated by this time and went to the service desk to ask for the manager.

Alisse was busy at fuel island so Linda came to talk to me. Apologized for Amber's action and by this time this lady down knew what I was doing and told 2 of her work buddies while attending a customer. And harassed me the whole time Linda said Alisse was going to talk to her. Alisse called me and basically said she didn't feel that this was possible that she had mentored Amber. That she was just going to talk to her and warn her, but the ladies posture would be for firing why be all about customer service if you are gonna let you employees act that way and not punish them accordingly. So a pat on the back for Amber.

They have officially lost my business and in the morning I am contacting corporate. Hopefully they do something about it and another person doesn't have to go through what I experienced today at the Huber Heights, OH Meijer. They wouldn't had been too happy if I went into Preterm labor because of her. By the way I am high risk pregnancy and that is possible.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I along with hundreds of people including gas station attendants feed the birds in back of parking lot, far from customers, their cars. Someone with a Meijer tag drove thru parking lot at 25+ and came to a screeching halt next to me, jumped out of the car yelling screaming, waving his hands like a lunatic. I was mortified and left immediately, shaken and crying. There are no laws that have been broken, NO , NOT ONE posted sign that I and countless others were doing anything wrong. But out of the others in parking lot doing the same, I was singled out. Why I don't know. I spend thousands there every year. Still have no idea who this man was but I'm a small (4'9) 52 yr old grandmother who felt extremely threatened and humiliated.

If I could find out if the man was a manager, or whatever, my husband believes I deserve an apology for how unprofessional, and degrading this man was. It was the worst customer, public service display I have ever seen in my life. Instead of nicely coming up to me, on foot, instead of a racing screeching car, and asking me that they would prefer me not to feed the birds in their lot, and saying they are trying to work with the multitudes, including their own employees who do it, to discontinue. I would most certainly not have a problem and would certainly be happy to abide by their NEW RULE! Which is not a rule at this time… except for a yelling screaming lunatic that wore a meijer badge and a suit and drove a white car!!! Who treats people, especially older people that way? What kind of business treats a customer that way? What kind of management is running this place? No wonder you cannot know or find the name of this stores manager ANYWHERE!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Had an incident at the subway in Meijer, talked to Theresa who works for Meijer (since I was a kid) listen to us and handled it in the best manner I have ever seen. She cares about her customers and it shows!!! I give Therese at Meijer 5 Stars!!! Thank you Theresa!!!

Original review: April 26, 2017

Law requires pharmacies to use child-proof caps unless consumers sign paperwork requesting they do not. I sign the papers: no child proof caps for me. But many pharmacies ignore this and give them to me regardless. So far this pharmacy has been 100% accurate with honoring my request. There are no kids around my home and none expected. I appreciate their attention to detail. I've had 3 surgeries on my hands in the last six years. Not everyone needs or wants child-proof caps.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Meijer Pharmacy is really good at keeping up on the medication that you need. They will call you when you need a prescription filled. I have never had a problem getting a prescription filled, or refilled when it is needed.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I went to Meijer's pharmacy to get a prescription filled. It was a narcotic. She said she wouldn't fill it because my insurance wouldn't cover it. I pay cash always. I been on it for 3 months and got it elsewhere and never had this problem. I called my insurance and they said it's up to me and my doctor not the pharmacy. The pharmacist has no decision on the medications I take. They just put pills in a container, make sure it's a real script, it's not days early, and then sell them to me. That is their job and that's it.

She doesn't know absolutely anything about my body and me personally. I'm on narcotic pain meds for a very good reason and meet the requirements to be on pain meds the rest of my life. I have got off pain meds several times since my pain caused incident completely on my own decision. It did not work out for me - my pain was too intense and I just couldn't handle it. I would get very depressed not being able to do any activities especially with my daughter. I was a couch potato and I hated it. I want to live my life somewhat normal which pain meds help lots. Some people abuse them, run out early and suffer. I'm not one of those people. They keep me alive and emotionally positive. Also the written prescription from my doc was completely legal, not early, and said the exact name of the med on the script. But she kept pushing for the name brand expensive drug that I never tried and had no interest in.

I always do reviews about meds, cars, food, gyms, so on. Reviews were horrible about the drug she was pushing for. I'm talking horrible, brain tumors, reactions with the blood thinner I'm on and more. So it wasn't a option for me. So she rejected my script. Now I'm out of my med and completely because of her I am now suffering. So I talked to my doc and he rewrote the prescription a little different so I would receive the exact med that I am on. I went back to Meijer and she still refused to fill it.

She called my doc and told him some comment I made. My comment was exactly - "The reviews had horrible side effects like brain tumors and I do not want them and the med I been taking is rated good and I have had no personal side effects from them." I did NOT say anything bad like, "You have any needles so I could inject it?" or "If you don't give me this drug I'm going to fight you." Those are examples of things that she definitely should not have filled my script. But I didn't say anything like that. Just that reviews were horrible and I didn't have a interest in the med she was pushing for. I was supposed to be at work this whole time by the way. My doc called me and had to meet with him. Then he drug tested me and so on. I passed like I always do. Which he hasn't drug tested me in a long time because he knows I take them and I am responsible with them. He rewrote it again.

I had to go back there because no other pharmacy in a 30 mile radius had the med. This was a horrible experience that I have never ran into. She made me feel like a junky. She made me very depressed. I just wanted to give up. So I of course I called a friend and they helped my get over it and got me thinking positive again. But moral of my review this was not fair what she was doing to me and this was not her decision AT ALL what meds I am on. I'm guessing she had personal experiences with someone she knew that had issues with the med and she was totally dragging me down and refusing to fill a script that has been helping me so incredibly good. This was not fair and wrong on her behalf.

Original review: April 11, 2017

My sixteen year old daughter and I were cashing out our items at Meijer express lane. My daughter proceeded to pay the bill with one dollar bills from the tip money she earned from her first job at an ice cream parlor when the cashier decided to question her about where her one dollar bills came from and should she even ask. The Meijer cashier implied my underage daughter was a stripper/prostitute in front of other customer in line who then commented "on the ice cream parlor paying my daughter in one dollar bills."

My daughter was so proud to pay with her own money and was verbally harassed by the cashier. I believe this is verbal sexual harassment of a minor by a Meijer employee. Contacted management who wouldn't even give me his correct name out of fear of a lawsuit. I believe my daughter was emotionally and psychologically scarred from this incident. I am contacting corporate headquarters tomorrow. If they do not fire this criminal I will go to media and tell everyone Meijer's employs people who verbally and sexually harass minors.

Meijer Company Information