2.77/5
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

191 Meijer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Meijer store offers many products. Their prices are competitive. It is always clean. The employees are always cheerful and want to help. We enjoy shopping there.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was put hold for 10 minutes with customer service checking a rebate that was about 3 weeks ago since I got no status updates. This was for Sylvania Xvision pair of headlight light bulbs, with purchase of it you got a $15 rebate. After talking to Meijer's M Perks department they told me this promotion was done through Sylvania not Meijer, so there was one run around on my end. I reached out to Meijer's customer service number just now about my rebate and they relayed my message to the director of this store. I was told he had no recollection about this rebate and basically was called a liar. I'm absolutely positive that there was a yellow sticker at the time of purchase that said $15 rebate otherwise I wouldn't of purchased it since they were $60 a pair.

After all in all being on the phone for 15-20 minutes I was told that I wouldn't be receiving nothing for my inconvenience nor for the rebate. The reason for this review is that someone can see this to see that I'm not lying about this that in fact there was a rebate around May 7th for this product. Also, so management can seriously take notes on their screw ups and record ALL pictures of all rebates and sales.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 11, 2018

Meijer will not do what they are supposed to when it comes to refunding money orders. According to Western Union's site, they should offer me a form and take the money order and completed form to start the refund process. All they would do is say 'you can try to call Western Union'. Totally WORTHLESS. AND THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS. THEIR ATTITUDES ARE HORRIBLE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LESS THAN ZERO.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Been a Meijer shopper 45+ years. The coupons shooting out of the register are useless. I refuse to sign up for Mperks so I guess that explains the coupon mailer I occasionally get in the mail and sometimes use. This morning I purchased Tide liquid only to be told the bottle I bought was too big, the coupon only applied to the smaller size! It has been sad to see the downslide, especially over the last 10 yrs. An apology would have been nice but all I got was a blank stare when I complained. Sad...

Original review: March 12, 2018

I wish I could post a picture of the ripped bag on the ground that LISA put 2 bottles of wine & a carton of O.J. in. This girl could not be bothered to use the brain she supposedly was given. Are they teaching any common sense steps for cashiering and bagging at Meijer? 3/11/18, 18:46:07, South Haven, MI store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?

Original review: March 1, 2018

I can usually find what I'm looking for at Meijer. Their selection in many product categories is really good. You can get wrapping paper, cards, toys, paint, crafts, home decor and groceries.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

In the Kentwood and GR area, almost every Meijer trip I make I need to decide an alternative or replacement to my shopping list due to items not being stocked. At first it was only in the Marketplace Meijer and I would drive out of the way to the Beltline or Cascade Meijer, but lately it has been EVERY Meijer I shop at. I thought, maybe because I shop Sunday or Monday, they are still recovering from the weekend shoppers. Except that I've lately shopped all days of the week, sometimes to try again for items I missed because of none in stock, and all hours of the day still remain unstocked for items like Milk, Creamer, basics! Whether it's bad management or what, I don't know. But even when I see carts of product being hauled around at all hours by employees, items often are frustratingly not available to purchase. I've lately turned to Trader Joe's and Target for things I need, which are almost never out of stock.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Picked up an order at the Rochester Hills, MI store yesterday. A small order and still the employees didn't get the order correct. Order 9 pieces of Tilapia fish that was on sale and received only 2 pieces. It was necessary for me to go back in line and waste my time while other cars were picking up their orders to correct this mistake. When I asked for an explanation as to the error, the employee made some ridiculous comment. The employees at Curbside are rude, have no manners and don't pay attention to details on the orders. I refuse to pay for such incompetent lousy service. Employees don't care and are the absolute worst.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Have been a shopper at Meijer for over 8 years now. Never went to any other grocery store but things have started to change. I have to go and shop at other renowned stores for basic food necessities. I have stopped buying milk at Meijer altogether. It starts to go bad after a few days of opening. The produce at Meijer has severely declined. I don't buy any vegetables from Meijer at all. They are usually withering and rotten.

I have been to the store at different hours to see if I can buy fresh produce but no luck! The lettuce especially is mostly rotting. A lot of the items are missing from shelves. The worse part is that they have so many cashier registers but hardly any of them are open. Most of them are closed. What's the point in having so many registers when there is no one to operate them? Meijer has really deteriorated in the last year or so and it sure is a shame because I was always satisfied and never had any complaints for all those years.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Last night I was shopping at the Meijer in Shelby Township, MI. The lines we all long, including the self service which was at least 20 people deep. I decided to go to a regular register and chose the first open line I came to. An employee, named Robin, approached and said that I could not get in that line. When I asked why she stated that people in other lines had been waiting longer than I had. I told her that it was evident that people were waiting longer than I as they were AHEAD of me in line. I moved along to the next open line, and Robin again came up behind me and said I couldn’t use that line either. She then pulled two people from a third line and placed them in the line ahead of me. I asked to see a manager, and she said she would get one. Robin then proceeded to excuse the cashier and take her place in the line. I waited several minutes then again asked for a manager.

By now I was extremely upset. Robin laughed at me and continued ringing up groceries. It was evident that had Robin left the lines alone, the two displaced customers would have been through the line faster and out the door sooner. I had to demand a manager at least 15 more times before Robin stated that she wasn’t going to hold the line up while I spoke to a manager. Ratchet up my anger another 20% and now I’m yelling mad. Finally after nearly 10 minutes Robin leaves the register to get the manager. A young man named Bruce comes out and proceeds to tell me that I am in the wrong. He claims that he heard the entire thing.

Now I’m beyond livid. I told him that as a manager, if he heard the entire thing, why did he not come out and address the problem until Robin finally entered his office. He had no explanation. He then accused me of name calling the cashier when I complained about her cavalier attitude! He told me this line shuffling is a common practice and always happens. I have never seen customers pulled from one line to be placed in another line of equal length. It wasn’t a new line opening, it was an already open line with a long wait. I demanded his bosses name as well as the Corporate office number. He claimed not to know the number but did write down his own name on a slip of paper. I immediately looked up the Corporate office number on my phone and called. A complaint has been registered and I am awaiting a return call from the District Manager.

I have been a long time Meijer customer, shopping at this store for over 10 years. I am so disappointed in this circumstance that I may never shop at Meijer again, and certainly will not shop in the Shelby Township store ever again. I will tell all my friends and family of this experience. I do not know what the District Manager will have to say to me, when and if they do call me back, however whatever it is, will not mitigate the circumstances and I don’t see how they will convince me to return to their store. It’s a shame that one irresponsible and rude cashier and inexperienced manager can cause a loss of revenue and leave such a distasteful opinion in the mind of a longtime customer. Wal-Mart- you’ve now got my business. Goodbye Meijer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

What has happened to the shelf items in stores. We shop two Stores. Thomas Township and Alma. Stores do not even stock same items in each store. You cannot find Egglands Best in 18 packs in Thomas Township. I could not even find English muffins in the dairy case, none there and Thomas never carries Whole Grain, no Lawry's Seasoned Salt of any size, no Jennie-O breakfast tube sausage and on and on. Shelves empty in many aisles. Same situation in Alma many times, but the available selection is much better.

I did get a cottage cheese that was at best 3/4 full. I worked for Kroger for 3 years as a young man and the shelves had the same items refilled consistently. When you came into the store you knew where to go or where your items were and they were filled. Look at your rating. 3 out 5. You.need help. Great programs on discounts and coupons but still only 3 of 5. Ask yourself why. Send an inspector to the stores and look at shelves. You need help. You are in serious trouble with your base.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Always the Good Deals are NOT IN STOCK. Every time I go to Meijer Even EARLY 1st day of Ad we Cannot Buy Something. IT's not in stock. We Always hear, "Sorry". IT'S CRAZY. 1ST DAY OF THEIR AD AND 8 OR 9 AM AND THEY'RE OUT OF STOCK. Myself and Others BELIEVE THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE. Think about it. On a good deals they're out. Ok on bagging. We bought 4 jars of spaghetti. Sauce. They Double Bagged. Put in 2 big jars and 1 bag. Lifted bag out of shopping cart to put in car. Guess What happened. Yep. Bag broke. 2 big jars broke and glass and sauce behind car. So mad. They did replace jars after we yelled at the cashier.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I was unable to wash my hands in the ladies restroom due to no soap in dispensers. After, reporting to the greeter right inside the store, which she informed the CD representatives. The employees at the desk states that they were aware of the issue, "there was no one working at the time that knew how to fix the issue”. I informed them that I was notifying the local health department and Meijer’s Corporate Office. In which I did.

Meijer’s corp. Office directed me back to the store’s manager. He stated that to me that the service reps often ignored this type of complaint. He also stated that there is a night crew that takes of this issue. My question is why only the night more crew. Every employee should know how to put soap in the dispensers. The manager also let me know he had only been at this store for a week. That he would take care of the matter. Yet, he knew of this problem and didn't do any immediate actions on the employees at the front desk. The Meijer’s store that I was at on Monday Nov. 27, 2017; located on Dixie Hwy, Louisville, Ky.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

There was a time when I would have rated Meijer 5 stars, no questions! But lately, almost every time I shop, I find that there is something else I normally buy that they have quit carrying, and I'm not liking having to shop two places to get the items I need. What's going on??? I've never liked shopping at Walmart, but it's looking better and better.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I love Meijer but will have to quit going there. Again I had trouble with their battery operated carts. We shopped early as there is not always carts available. So there were carts today... except they are the slowest crappiest carts in any store... anywhere. I had my cart almost full and only drove it for a half hour. I had other things to buy... but their cart battery went dead. This has happened many times. If they won’t get some new carts soon... our family will shop somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I went to get an item and the one I grabbed was in a damaged box. I asked if it was supposed to be marked down and I was told it didn't ring up marked down. But I showed them the damage and then called "Sam" for help. He gave a discount and was very polite and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Meijer has a great selection of products. The produce department is wonderful! The meat counter has a big variety to choose from. I have to buy goat's milk for my Yorkie and it is very hard to find but they have it. If there is a downside it would be not enough checkouts during busy times.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Meijer is a very clean store with good produce selections which are always fresh and has very good prices. You can find almost at this store. Good customer service with friendly cashiers and helpful staff.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I love the store's fresh produce but each time I go to the store for a sale item they are out of it... I complained to the management via email but no response was received.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Meijer Ionia is a spectacular grocery store which I appreciate. It is a very clean and organized place. Everything needed is always stocked up. All the workers there are very kind and helpful! And it always has a ton of great stuff to sell to us. The meat area is wonderful and all meat is very delicious. The produce department has great produce too. It is also very nice in the pharmacy department. I recently bought a carpal tunnel brace from Meijer and it has helped me amazingly. Meijer is very helpful to save some money with sales and coupons offered in mPerks.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Visited the Louisville Meijer today for the first time in years. This store is beautifully set up for those with any type of accessibility needs. It is roomy and easy to navigate. The reps in customer service were efficient and knowledgeable. I went there because I had unsuccessfully attempted to get a Western Union payment at my local Kroger - Kroger still cannot process one correctly.

Meijer's had me in and out in a matter of minutes with no hassles, no aggravation. I continued to shop there and will at every opportunity. The food selections are better than Kroger's and the quality of the food is better. Anyone who has a choice would be better served at this store. It was clean, well-kept and fly free (unlike Kroger). Lastly, one can actually read their receipts - the product purchased is easily identifiable as is the description. Receipt quality - 100%.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Meijer's beyond a grocery store but a super store category. It's clean, well-lighted and great variety. Produce quality among the best I've experienced. And pricing more than competitive.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This store is open 24 hours. Sometimes when it is busy after 11 pm, there are long waits because they only have one cashier. They have the check yourself out lines but we do our weekly shopping and have A LOT of items. If they offered us a discount, we would do the work ourselves but until then I suppose we just have to wait!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

This is where we shop most often because overall it has a good selection and good quality at the best prices in our area. They try to have as much local produce as possible. And it's closer to us than Kroger. However, I only gave it four stars because when we travel out of state we find other groceries with larger and more interesting selections.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

With many national brands to choose from, Meijer offers great value for a reasonable price. Our local Meijer store is open 24/7 and features an in-house bakery, meat cut to order, and seafood that is flown in.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Meijer is a great one-stop shopping store with great deals and a large assortment of brands. It has a lot to offer to customers and the store is always clean.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Meijer grocery is a great place to shop. I've found a lot of Meijer bands are better than the name branded items. Don't quote me on other Meijer brands. Some of them I like and some I don't.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am generally pleased with Meijer. They are usually well stocked and if they are out of something, the stockers will usually run and check the back of the store to see if there is any product available. They have a lot of good sales.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This store has a decent selection of produce. It is always fresh. I really don't purchase much in other areas. I mainly use frozen vegetables and I find their selection limited, too many processed. I can put my butter on if I want it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Waiting in one of the two lines open for over twenty minutes. I mean why construct 26 lines if you only open a few?? I can never buy any frozen foods from this place and the last time we went the pita bread brand name (Sajouna) was the worst I've ever had. It tasted like it was uncooked. Packing states fully cooked ready to eat. Meijer has really gone downhill fast.

Meijer Company Information