Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

Meijer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Aim Tooth Paste out of stock for three weeks in a row! Had to make an extra trip to Kroger. At least Kroger had it. This happened at the Meijer Store 10301 Maysville Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835. Store Number #138. A shame this store dosen't seem to stock anything during the weekend. And it's so aggravating when they are out of something!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

They want to charge you the amount $6 for the two bottles. Used it once. The shampoo doesn’t wash well at all. The conditioner is crap. Comes out like glue and couldn’t even brush out my hair. It smells good but the $1 store brands are better than that crap. Don’t waste your $$.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I have now made a decision to not ever shop at Meijer again... a decision that has to do with check out service. It simply takes too long. I just spent 40 minutes standing in the check out line. It is the busy Xmas season and only 3 lanes open. This has happened consistently since the grand opening a couple of years ago in Bradley, IL...so often that I am just done with it. Selection of product is above average but service is too often sub-par.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I'm beyond livid at Meijer right now! Today I spent an hour shopping at the Champaign store searching for a housewarming gift. I decided on four towels, a hand towel, two packages of twelve washcloths, four dish towels, and a clothes basket. At the checkout line I put everything inside the basket and set it on the conveyor. As the young man is ringing up my purchases I tell him he can just put everything back in the basket because it would be easier for me to carry. I was buying four dish towels, two different kinds of prints. He took one dish towel and rang it up four times (I used a price scanner on the floor - they were all the same price). I paid for my purchase and began to walk to the exit.

The Meijer door greeter, i.e., bouncer, stopped me. I need to see your receipt. Okay, no biggie, I dig it out of my billfold. She said, "You didn't pay for this clothes basket." I responded, "Yes I did!" "No, you didn't!" I told her I put it on the checkout line and told the cashier to place my purchases in it. I assumed he rang it up! "I need to check your purchases." She rummages through everything and then says, "You didn't pay for these kitchen towels either!" I grabbed my receipt and showed her the four towels. She said nothing. I said that she could keep the dang clothes basket. Then I thought, What the Hell - they can keep ALL of the ** stuff!

I marched over to the service desk and explained to the young woman what happened. I said I didn't appreciate being treated like a thief and that I spend LOTS of money at Meijer and was very offended by the woman implying I stole the damn basket. I then said I wanted to return everything. She looked at my receipt and said (bear in mind I just EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO HER) the same effing thing the greeter said, "You didn't pay for all the kitchen towels!" Using all the restraint I could muster, I explained again the cashier scanned the same towel FOUR TIMES. She had a stupid look on her face like it wasn't registering! I said, "I bought FOUR TOWELS, I scanned them, they were each $1.99, and you charged me $1.99 each. He just grabbed one towel and rang it up!" Geez, it's not ** rocket science!

She was going to give me a MEIJER gift card for the refund. I told her I didn't want that because I wasn't going to shop in there again because they were treating me like a thief! Also keep in mind there was a loooooong line forming. I wanted everyone to hear how ** they were treating me... TWICE! I may be a lot of things - headstrong, hardheaded, outspoken, just to name a few, but one thing I'm not is a THIEF!

I went to my car and called corporate. All they did was transfer me to the store manager. I was so mad I was crying. Now you have to remember that if you make me so mad that I'm crying, you are in a ** ton of trouble. I maintained and didn't say a cuss word (I have a mouth like a sailor but a heart like a saint... I'm complicated!) He said, "I'm sorry for your experience. I don't know how to make it right." That was it. THAT. WAS. IT. Your employee screws up, I'm treated like a common no good thief. I explain the situation and that person assumes I'm a thief. Oops is all you can say??? Not good enough Meijer! I need to figure out how much money I actually spend (spent) at their stores and let them know it's going to their competitor!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

For the first time Today I used the online grocery shopping Meijer offers, I ordered the groceries I wanted, entered necessary card info, scheduled my time of pickup, our Shipt shopper Kimberly was in contact with us straight away, on our way to pick up our groceries Kimberly contacted us to say she was checking out, We parked in designated area just as a text comes in from Kimberly stating there was a processing error and she was contacting Shipt, she was sorry for the delay.

After 10 minutes I text Kimberly asking if she needed me to come in, got no reply but I waited and after another 5 minutes I sent another text asking for an update, again nothing so I go into Meijer and go to customer service, I start explaining what has transpired and the Rep says, "Your order was cancelled and the Shipt shopper left"!!! So I just wasted my time and the Shipt employee didn’t even have the decency to say anything!!! I contacted Shipt to complain and was told that it’s Meijer's issue. Wow, I will never use Shipt again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

There is a cashier that is so rude and says degrading things to me when I go in the store and leadership at the store at Paul Jones Way and corporate office don’t want to take care of the issue cause she keeps getting worse and worse to the point that I am gonna to have to change my shopping location as I don’t feel like I am welcome in the store as this cashier named Kayla ** ruins my shopping experience. I have been called a ** by her and numerous other names.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Meijer in Dayton Ohio sells spoil fish to customers, so beware. We have been going to this store for a while and they are still selling spoiled fish. I will report this so that this will not happen again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Meijer store in Hamburg, Lexington KY I was ready to check out at around 7:15 pm on a Wednesday. I find 2 cashier checkouts open & each has at least 6 carts waiting in line! Even the self check out had a long line! Everyone in line is talking & complaining! I elect myself to go to customer service & talk to manager. They call him & say a customer would like to talk! 15 minutes later (I am still in line to checkout) he shows up! I ask him if he had any awareness of this checkout situation? I told him people are complaining on having to wait so long in line & this makes people not want to shop here!

This young manager reported he had every cashier on register. I reply, “that is your answer to all of us?“ I told him that is obvious he needs more cashiers. He very rudely told that was all he had & walked away without any other comment to all of us that waited on line for at least a half hour! I attribute the handling of this situation to this manager’s age. Meijer Corporation needs to ensure that store managers have some HR training, versus an adolescent response & attitude to customers! I will add that 2 more checkout lanes suddenly opened up! My cashier was very apologetic for my wait, he was also very young, but seemed to have more emotional maturity than manager!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I always do my grocery shopping at about 8AM every Friday at the Meijer Englewood Ohio store. Every week half the sale items are sold out. I have complained to the store manager but nothing ever changes. Today they had the buy 5 save $5 promotion. I was planning on buying the Cherry Coke and Planters Peanuts but they were sold out. This was my last trip to Meijer. It simply is not worth my time and gas money to drive to Meijer. Their sale ad is a joke since most of the sale items are gone by the weekend. Since there is a Kroger store nearer to me than Meijer I intend to do all of my grocery shopping at Kroger form now on. Meijer, you just lost a long time customer.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been a Meijer shopper for over 30 years until now. I need to use a mobility scooter when shopping. The Meijer mobility scooters are in extremely poor condition & the store does nothing about it leaving those handicapped with no way to shop. The scooters are rusty, dirty, the batteries do not hold a charge, & when using one they make horrible noises, every scooter needs to be replaced or at least have a brand new battery. I have reported this to the store & to the main office in Grand Rapids many times. Nothing gets done. Walmart & Kroger within 2 miles from the Royal Oak Meijer Store have much better scooters, well kept & good batteries, those are my new shopping stores. If Kroger & Walmart can do it Meijer should be able to do it too.

Meijer Company Information