3.70/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Meijer

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

223 Meijer Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

The pharmacy staff is courteous, knowledgeable and well informed. They perform efficiently and have customer service in the forefront of their minds. I couldn't be happier with them. I rarely have to wait for a medication to arrive from their supplier.

Original review: March 25, 2019

People are always friendly and helpful with questions. Have never had to wait long in line. Doctor calls in, I pick up when shopping for groceries. No special trips. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I shop Meijer often. I like using the mPerks Meijer offers and the company sends coupons of items that I purchase often. Customer service throughout the store is slim to none. So it is sad that the Cashiers get the blunt of a pissed off customer because of the lack of help throughout the store sometimes seems like a ghost town.. Other than that the store is always clean. The produce is the best in any town you go to shop at. There certainly like shopping at a farmers market with fresh and ripe items and always priced responsibly affordable prices.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Meijer store in Hamburg, Lexington KY I was ready to check out at around 7:15 pm on a Wednesday. I find 2 cashier checkouts open & each has at least 6 carts waiting in line! Even the self check out had a long line! Everyone in line is talking & complaining! I elect myself to go to customer service & talk to manager. They call him & say a customer would like to talk! 15 minutes later (I am still in line to checkout) he shows up! I ask him if he had any awareness of this checkout situation? I told him people are complaining on having to wait so long in line & this makes people not want to shop here!

This young manager reported he had every cashier on register. I reply, “that is your answer to all of us?“ I told him that is obvious he needs more cashiers. He very rudely told that was all he had & walked away without any other comment to all of us that waited on line for at least a half hour! I attribute the handling of this situation to this manager’s age. Meijer Corporation needs to ensure that store managers have some HR training, versus an adolescent response & attitude to customers! I will add that 2 more checkout lanes suddenly opened up! My cashier was very apologetic for my wait, he was also very young, but seemed to have more emotional maturity than manager!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I always do my grocery shopping at about 8AM every Friday at the Meijer Englewood Ohio store. Every week half the sale items are sold out. I have complained to the store manager but nothing ever changes. Today they had the buy 5 save $5 promotion. I was planning on buying the Cherry Coke and Planters Peanuts but they were sold out. This was my last trip to Meijer. It simply is not worth my time and gas money to drive to Meijer. Their sale ad is a joke since most of the sale items are gone by the weekend. Since there is a Kroger store nearer to me than Meijer I intend to do all of my grocery shopping at Kroger form now on. Meijer, you just lost a long time customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been a Meijer shopper for over 30 years until now. I need to use a mobility scooter when shopping. The Meijer mobility scooters are in extremely poor condition & the store does nothing about it leaving those handicapped with no way to shop. The scooters are rusty, dirty, the batteries do not hold a charge, & when using one they make horrible noises, every scooter needs to be replaced or at least have a brand new battery. I have reported this to the store & to the main office in Grand Rapids many times. Nothing gets done. Walmart & Kroger within 2 miles from the Royal Oak Meijer Store have much better scooters, well kept & good batteries, those are my new shopping stores. If Kroger & Walmart can do it Meijer should be able to do it too.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have been saving my mPerks Pharmacy Rewards for gas for past few years. All of a sudden I found today that my pharmacy rewards have disappeared. Meijer apparently changed the terms of rewards without notifying customers. This is theft in simple words. I fill 6 prescriptions every month but will take my business to a store which does not steal.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Meijer- As a consumer who spends $500.00 a month in your store, you are a huge disappointed.

1) On more than one occasion I get home and grocery items I have purchased are not in my bags.
      2) The last three gallons of milk I’ve purchased have spoiled with an expiration date one week left.
      3) The shelf stocking personnel are not effectively doing their jobs. More often than not, shelf and freezer space is empty of an item.
      4) You continue to eliminate stocking products I use weekly, bi-weekly and monthly.
      5) For a while now I have purchasing True Organic Rice crackers for $1.99. Last week, you raised the price $1.00 but then offered a .50c discount. I do pay attention.

6) Yesterday, I was charged twice for an item I had only one of in my cart. When I take time out of my busy day to request a refund, will you believe me and refund my $4.79?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have been saving pharmacy mPerks for some time at Meijer Milford Ohio. I looked up the site today to see how many I had and found that now 1 credit after filling 5 prescriptions is only worth $5 instead of $10 and 2 credits is only worth $10 instead of $20. There was no email or letter informing of this change so I could have used them quickly at higher value. I also found I have 2 credits going to expire in next month or two. When did they start expiring? How many have I lost? This was a big incentive to use your pharmacy instead of Kroger or Walmart even when their price was lower. I am not happy.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I will NEVER shop at Meijer again!!!! I was using the self checkout yesterday, like I always do, and for some reason one item apparently did not scan. I had no idea and the system didn't catch it. After I paid, I was walking out with my toddler when this super rude, over ego man stopped me. He took us into this little room and started accusing me of stealing. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and he turned into this giant jerk!!! He said let's not start our conversation like that and I still did not know what happened. He said I stole an item and proceeded to go through every single bag in our cart, including our doughnut bag!

I have never stolen anything in my life and never even been in trouble. It was the most humiliating and embarrassing thing ever. And he was the nastiest, meanest person I have met. After I told him it was an accident and I still wanted the item, he called me a liar and told me he would call the cops on me. He took my license and all this personal information about me. Even the customer service people were apologizing. I called corporate and all they kept doing was apologizing for his actions. I shop at Meijer all the time. Sometimes multiple times a week. I will NEVER be going back!!!

Meijer Company Information