2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.41/5

Meijer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meijer?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Prices are decent, usually have to wait in line. Is accepted by my insurance company where the other big names are not. Sometimes they run out of stock for my prescriptions.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

My original order showed "mPerks savings of $30.00 and (sales) Savings of $11.97"... My final order showed "Savings of $30.00" and nothing else... So where did my original Savings ($11.97) go? And why does it have NO sign of mPerks; but, shows the $30 now as Savings? I called and argued my case to a $10 mPerks coupon credit... Kroger never gives me any crap like this!

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I had a 2pm appt for curbside today. It wasn't ready until 5pm. That was after numerous heated calls to store mgmt. My wife is frail and a dialysis patient. The store didn't care she was waiting hours sitting in a wheelchair. The stock people tossed the bags loosely in my van after I waited 3 hours. Most of the bag contents spilled out in the van on the way home. My order was short and they didn't have many items in stock. Lastly, the young guy loading what he had in my van was NOT wearing his Covid mask properly. My wife is susceptible to germs as a dialysis patient. Basically what used to be a solid company now SUCKS.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

On 10/01/20 I ordered online pickup because there was a $15 off first online pickup. I ordered the minimum $50 of groceries. I went to pick up and they didnt have half the items. This brought it to less than $50 so the coupon was not applied since they were out of stock. The site STILL showed in stock. Terrible programming terrible system.

Then on 10/10/20 I tried one more time. I ordered 20 Mio drink enhancers. Met the minimum of $50. After coupons 20 Mio would charge $15. I went to pickup, they only had 10 I was charged $16. So I was charged $16 for half the product that would have cost just $14. Complete and utter scam! I filed chargebacks with my credit company and they already issued permanent credits because everyone is having this issue with Meijers completely awful programming and system.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

When I first switched to this pharmacy I had a lot of issues with getting refills coordinated to fill at the same time. This situation has improved.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Get text message saying prescription ready to pick up and get there, it's not ready and won't be in for 2 days. They have mixed up prescriptions and refilled old ones that have been revised by the dr.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

We have shopped at Meijer (Grafton, WI) since they opened approximately 5 years ago and have spent on a weekly basis between $175.00 -$325.00 in groceries and NEVER have been asked for our drivers license to purchase alcohol. A week ago the cashier scanned my license and when we questioned it, we were told that "it was the law and if you can find a store that does not scan your license, then that's where you need to go".

There is no law in Wisconsin stating that your drivers license must be scanned to purchase alcohol - the cashier is suppose to verify the purchaser's age. Meijer already collects data as to what we purchase as they send us coupons for the products we buy. What are they doing with the data collected from your drivers license??? WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT MEIJER AGAIN. When I called to discuss with Meijer Customer Service to report the appalling response from their employee and told them that they lost our business, they didn't care. Well, we will pay a bit more and go back to the other grocery store. Bottom line.... MEIJER IS COLLECTING DATA - so much for privacy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We have tried to get daily shower spray (not a disinfectant) for 2 months and it is never on the shelf. We ordered online to pay a $5 store pickup fee and it was available for pickup along with the $5 fee. Went back today and it is not available again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Currently our household obtains their groceries by delivery as a necessary precaution. We traditionally would prefer to shop ourselves but due to health & age concerns are in the high risk group during the pandemic. We both have sterling credit because we pay our bills as soon as they arrive. Ordering grocery items on line is tedious and time consuming so we have chosen to do our ordering monthly. We ordered 100 items, staples such as eggs and bread, necessities such as food, toilet paper, and Ensure. There were many items that needed to be exchanged for other brands or that were unavailable so this generated numerous texts over a two hour period of time. At the conclusion of my order they sent me a text: "Unfortunately we have encountered an issue and won't be able to complete your Meijer.com order. Please check your order cancelled email for additional information."

I contacted the Customer Service Rep. immediately trying to salvage my order which was supposedly already pulled. The very unconcerned and dismissive Rep, couldn't give me any concrete explanation other than speculating there may have been a red flag from our credit card bank. She instead claimed I would have to choose another delivery date, and said I would have to reorder each item once again. Giving another credit card was not an option offered as 99% of other businesses would have provided. I don't know what Sherlock Holmes would insert a red flag on a credit card that is paid in a timely manner monthly, and who would be suspicious of a grocery order that is to be delivered to the cardholder front porch, and legitimate listed address. The owner of the card is in her late 80's, postponed her lunch because she imagined hot deli items were arriving, and was also awaiting Icy Hot Pain spray, and her Ensure nutrient drink.

There were no frivolous baubles within this order, and the order size was consistent with the 3 previous orders in size and contents. I was snidely advised by the C.S.R. to first phone the bank on the back of the card before making any large purchase. So if you choose this grocery store, and make a $300 purchase call the card financial institution first, because they won't offer you the option of using another card, they will just cancel your food, devil may care how much time you wasted.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I am disabled and during this pandemic I have groceries delivered. I received a call from Vivian P (and later from her manager) at Shipt saying she was unable to deliver my groceries because her tire had been slashed. I sympathized with her and was told my order would be cancelled and they would put in a form with Meijer. Unfortunately I was charged for the groceries I did not receive. I don't see why they could not have had a new driver deliver. I learned later that Shipt had not followed through with alerting Meijer.

The next day I complained to Shipt and my return was in process. After speaking with more than one customer representative, I could not get a sufficient answer as to when I would receive a refund. Eventually I was told 5 to 7 business days. The money they took was all I had. I am now left without food for a week. Customer service seemed superficial, I asked for a supervisor from one of one of the reps and was hung up on and not called back. The end of the story is no groceries and a "have a nice day" from the last rep. I will never shop Meijer again and will return to Instacart or Walmart. Never a problem there.

Meijer Company Information