3.53/5
Based on 3,000 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

1591 Macy's Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Ordered a package from Macy’s (2 clothing items) where they charged $10.95 for shipping. To begin with, this is expensive for a standard shipping, rather than express etc. My items ended up being returned to sender, about 30 min after final delivery was attempted I called both UPS and MACY'S and both informed me they couldn’t hold my package due to restrictions by the other party. At this point I still want the items, so I ask them to reship the order. Customer service informs me there is an “error in the tool” and they can’t process a reorder, however they can refund me and I can reorder at a later time. When I look at the refund they did not even refund the entire $10.95 shipping cost. I really don’t understand how a company the size of Macy’s is failing at an attempt for an online presence but somehow they are really alienating customers. Found the items cheaper on Amazon and won’t be making this mistake again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

So, I have been a longtime Macy's customer, have Platinum status with their credit card, whatever that means. Placed an order for my wife's birthday on Labor Day to take advantage of some of the sales going on. Spent extra money for 2-day shipping to make certain my wife's gifts would arrive in plenty of time. Got home from work Tuesday night to find that my order was cancelled and directed to call the Macy's Consumer Protection Team. Couldn't make that call until Wednesday morning. Spoke with one of your representatives on the phone, she apologized, couldn't give a good reason as to why the order was cancelled. I explained these items were a birthday gift for my wife, she offered to overnight ship everything for arrival by Thursday at the latest. Said I would get confirmation via email when items were processed.

A day later, still no confirmation, called again. Spoke to someone who didn't really seem to care about my situation, said I must have done something incorrect. Said she could reprocess the order, but couldn't promise me I would have in time for my wife's birthday. Suggested that I shop in-store next time to avoid confusion. So, I have ordered online countless times from Macy's, never had any issues. This time, a complete mess and still no birthday present for my wife from me and my two boys. Totally unexceptionable, extremely frustrating. If this is the example they are setting for customer service, Macy's will not be around too much longer. That is a shame, considering I will now go to Amazon and have everything delivered, not only in two days or less, but at no additional charge. This is why Macy's retail footprint is shrinking.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My Beauty Box was cancelled because of payment and had an email saying to call customer service. But it was absolutely **. The first person couldn't even get my order number right. Took her at least five tries to get it right. Then she transferred me to the Beauty Box department to only have someone tell me she can't do jack ** on her side. What the hell. Why waste my time trying to find out they can't do anything. How dumb and incompetent is this customer service? Terrible. Don't email me to say to call and have them do nothing about it. Useless. Absolutely useless.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Made a purchase of jewelry online and their price adjustment policy reads that if your purchase goes down in price within 10 days, they will refund the difference. I call customer service and he says he can’t give me the refund on the difference. So here I am to tell you, they are liars and you can bet when it comes here, I will take it right back to the store for a refund. It’s their policy and it’s nothing but lies and I try not to do business with a liar!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

So I go into Macy's to see what they have on sale, the salesperson says we have 50% off on anything you purchase today if you open A Macy's credit card. I asked, "Is that after any thing on sale." She said, "yes!" So I open an account and she rings me up and gives me only 25% off, she said that the other 25% off will be taken off my Macy's bill statement. Bill arrives and 25% they promised was NOT taken off. I called customer service. They did nothing about it. I will no longer be a Macy's customer because I do not like being lied to and their customer service and credit department disappointed me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Dragana ** is truly a gift to Macy's. She was very knowledgeable and attentive to my fitting challenge. Dragona tuned right into my needs. She is a great employee who deserves an employee of the year award and a raise.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

As a years long customer of Macy's I was surprised when I was told my credit card purchase had to be approved. I had more than a sufficient amount of credit to cover the small purchase I was making. I was asked to speak with the person on the phone regarding the approval. I was repeatedly asked if I had a American Express card. I did not, nor did I have any idea what she was referring to. I was kept on hold for at least 5 mins. while the line was growing behind me. Finally I was told that if I entered my SSN and provided my drivers license I could make the purchase. I was never told what the problem was and I feel I was treated in a rude and inappropriate way.

It was not until several days later when I received an email advising me that my Macy's Star card was being replaced with a Macy's American Express card. Who knew? I certainly did not. I have since heard of other customers running into the same situation. I had never received any replacement cards which should have been obvious since I never activated any new cards. Obviously there was a problem rolling out this new card and loyal customers like me paid the price. It will be a long time before I step into a Macy's store again. There are plenty of other store who do value and respect their customers.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I purchased both the Structural Plan Protection as well as the WNM Great Give Back 7 year accidental protection plan for my reclining sofa. After calling and being given the runaround by countless individuals, I finally was able to file a claim for an internal mechanism issue that was in need of repair or replacement. They emailed me a link to submit a video/photos in order to complete the claim. I did as instructed then, received an email stating my claim was denied because of it being out of the time frame of 15 days of the "incident." I called and again after over an hour and a half of being passed around from agent to agent and being placed on hold multiple times, I attempted to clarify that fact that when asked about the date of the "incident" I stated the first of the month as a general statement due to the fact that there was no "incident" that occurred.

I was then told that my claim would forever remain to be denied because there was literally nobody that could correct the date of "incident" to be within a 15 day window from when I called. I was told very sarcastically by a supervisor that she can't fix my mistakes and that I'm the one with the furniture so I should know when something happened to it. She then said that it would be my problem to deal with by paying their technician out of pocket to fix the issue. This is an absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable response as well as completely HORRIBLE customer service!!

Macy's has obviously trained these employees to seek out any small technicality with claims made by their customers in order to deny the claim and avoid actually honoring the protection coverage that was paid for. I will NEVER shop at Macy's again and will continue to make sure that everyone I meet is made aware of what a terrible place Macy's is to purchase furniture from, as well as, that their "protection plans" are a complete SCAM!!! Customer Service is absolutely NON-EXISTENT at Macy's!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Recently, I placed an order and the handbag came reeking of perfume...our family has respiratory issues and we only use NO FRAGRANCE! Additionally, who would want Macy fragrance on their person, even if one liked fragrance? It has become such a problem in your store and now online that it may become impossible to purchase anything from your stores or through the internet. Please refrain from adulterating your merchandise with chemicals!!

Original review: July 29, 2019

After the warranty period elapsed with no claims we filed for our rebate as the warranty states. We purchased and paid for this on 3/17/2012. On 3/23/19 we applied for our rebate. On that same day we received confirmation of our application and a rebate should received within 30 days. At the end of April 29th we inquired as to when our certificate would be sent. No response. Again on June 24th we again inquired and received no response. Called warranty co last week and spoke with a very rude customer service rep who said 90 days had passed and we can not get our rebate. We have done our part and now expect Macy’s and the warranty co to do theirs. Sales check # **. Dated 3/17/2012. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bartol

I can provide copy’s of emails sent to warranty co if needed. This seems like a very poor way to do business.

Macy's Company Information