2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (279 ratings)

About Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: July 14, 2021

I got the tote for my 65th birthday, I was so excited to get this bag. It came with the clutch and after a week the metal pull came off. Lucky I had it and was about to take it to be fixed, put back on. My daughter who bought the bag said they do repair and all you have to do is contact them. Well I did. They asked me to take detailed pictures of the clutch which I did and I was so happy I did. They approved the clutch to be fixed and sent me the return label which then sent it in.

Got the clutch back and I saw damage on the clutch it self, and determined this was not mine, it also smelled inside. I sent pictures of the returned clutch with the pictures of the one I sent in and after 4 days or so no response so I decided to call. After one hour they said they needed to look at the pictures and get back to me. After a few days they emailed me stating that they determined that the damaged clutch did not happen during at repair and I could purchase another for $240, WHAT? This bag is $2,000. I should pay for their damage and not even my clutch? I now am MAD, I then called and spoke to another person on hold again for at least an hour sending pictures back and forth then on hold again going back and forth. Finally said they would replace it but I would need to take off the strap located on it, what? Okay well at least I got it replaced. Then I got confirmation with receipt to sign and a label to send the clutch back and they would replace it.

WELL I see that the receipt says LInda **, who is that? SO I called back again another hour on hold for them to fix this AGAIN. She said I would have a new receipt by the end of the day, well it's the end of the day and nothing has been sent. Long story short, if you have a repair do it somewhere else, and Louis Vuitton, I was going to ask for my next birthday another bag $2100 but you just LOST MY BUSINESS. I have taken pictures of what I am going to send in and hope I will get my replaced clutch.

Original review: June 30, 2021

DO NOT BUY! POOR QUALITY and THEY DON'T HAVE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR PRODUCT! My husband purchased a Louis Vuitton NeoNoe bag for me online on their direct website and it came damaged. The damage was clear streaks/melting like marks. When I came into the store to see if they could repair or exchange (after 30 days due to pandemic and my comfortability) the manager at the Short Hills Mall store accused me of spilling hand sanitizer on it. She stated that since I bought online she doesn't know if it's authentic (even though I had the receipt and proof of purchase).

The brand refused to repair or fix it. What makes me feel even more injustice is that I am a women of color and there was a customer repair before me in which a ** women attempted to have her bag that was purchased 7 years ago fixed in which the handles were chipped and aged and she had no receipt as she stated that she purchased it out of the country. They granted her repair. I will never buy their product ever again or contribute again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have bought some perfume and jewelry from Louis Vuitton. The box arrived, then when I open the box, the packages are all there but the actual items are missing. I have heard lots of story about this but I don't believe it. I have had very satisfied with the service in the past. What is happening lately? Are there employees theft which Louis Vuitton is not working hard to resolve? It is frustrated for not getting what you want and have to take time to deal with it. I think I am no longer want to purchase from this Luxury Brand.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Buyer beware. Purchasing from a luxury brand like Louis Vuitton doesn’t mean their customer service or quality assurance will be any better than any other company. I stalked the website for 6 weeks for the elusive Felicie Pochette in Monogram Canvas before I was finally able to snag one off the website on April 24, 2021. I received my order on May 1, 2021 with the intention of giving it as a gift on May 8, 2021. The recipient of the gift was with me on the day I received my shipment so I was not able to open the package and verify the contents. On May 2, 2021, I opened the package to verify the contents. It was at this time that I became aware that the gold strap/chain was missing from my order. I was baffled that it would be able to leave the fulfillment center like this. When you’re spending $1200+ on a small clutch, you would expect there to be a decent level of quality assurance and it would come with all the required components.

I incorrectly assumed this would be an easy fix. I contacted Louis Vuitton client services on May 2, 2021 and was told by the CA that the department that would be able to handle this for me was not in the office in the moment, but she would follow up with me later that day or at the very latest, the next day. May 3, 2021 came and went and I received no call back. On May 4, 2021, I called Louis Vuitton client services again for an update on my issue. This time the CA advised me that the department responsible had opened a ticket and I would be receiving a replacement overnighted to me. I should expect the tracking number to be emailed to me in less than 24 hours. 24 hours later on May 5, 2021, I had not received a tracking number and no update on my issue.

On May 5, 2021, I contacted Louis Vuitton client services again. This time the CA advised me that everything I had been told previously was incorrect. They would not be able to ship me a replacement immediately. My options were 1. To return the item for a full refund, or 2. Wait 4-6 weeks for a replacement strap/chain to be mailed to me. Neither of these options seemed acceptable to me. The Felicie Pochette is available in different colors/materials for purchase on the site right now. How can they continue selling this item with an identical strap/chain without first fulfilling their orders that have already been shipped and received and make their current customers whole? I’m also not going to return this item and risk never being able to order it again as it is a very popular and hard to find item.

I advised the CA that neither option was acceptable and I wanted to speak to a manager. After being placed on hold for 15 minutes, the CA advised me that his manager was occupied and would call me back in less than an hour. Here we are, 12 hours later and I have not received a call back. I’m completely baffled at the lack of quality assurance and customer service from a luxury brand. Shipping an item without the required components is bad enough, but then telling a customer who has already paid for an item that they have to wait 4-6 weeks to be made whole is unacceptable.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My wife bought a large size LV hand bag with Shoulder Strap about 3 to 4 years ago at about $3500+/-. The Shoulder Strap started to become sticky/melting. It stained her cloth when she wore the Shoulder Strap after first year. It also stained the metal part. It was terrible workmanship.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Bought a new handbag from Louis Vuitton. Took it out the packaging and wore it, the metal latch continued to fall open. This was within the first week of purchase. Took it back to the store, they told me sometimes the magnets don’t line up. It was not overfull at all they agreed. They said there was nothing they could do about it, if I wanted to get it repaired it was on me and it would take 14 weeks. This company does not stand behind their product. Beware.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

They have a automatic system that process their orders. If you have a different billing and shipping address, the system automatically cancels your order! You have to either drive to a store to pick the items up. Which there is not many locations or go without the items. Forget that! I will continue keeping my money in my pocket. It’s not worth all of that!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I bought a tote bag bb. $3500, via Paypal. The system did not except my Sale, So tried ringing the firm 1300 582 827. Was put through to a service lady. She was very nice BUT again my sale would not go ahead, so canceled. it's a useless firm to do a purchase,

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The worst online purchase experience ever!!! Never buy from Louis Vuitton online, it is very frustrating and unbelievably dumb. I waited for 2 months for a wallet that I purchased as a gift for my bf. In the end, I am convinced that my package is lost and never coming. Despite my multiple attempts trying to be patient and work with LV and UPS to try and locate my package, they continue to try and pass off my problem and both keep telling me to contact the other party and that there's nothing more they can do. So in the end, I took matters into my own hands and called my bank to refute my purchase.

Number of things LV did wrong:

1. Begin with sending the wrong tracking info with my shipped email. Had to call them a week later to get the right tracking number.

2. I bought the product on their Canadian site and paid all the appropriate taxes but package was shipped from US.

3. The new tracking # showed from the beginning that it was "missing important documents" and that might delay delivery.

4. My package end up sitting in custom clearance over 2 weeks.

5. Called LV on the progress of my shipment and possible missing documentation and I was told "why would there be any problem with the paperwork" and refused to look into the concern.

6. Called LV to try and start a claim with UPS on what's going on with my package and next time I called the claim was closed and nothing recorded or any information/update on my package.

7. Kept calling between LV and UPS on where my package is and no one is able to give me any clear answer or offer any solution to my problem.

8. Even after my expected delivery date, I called LV to help me track my package. One associate simply said well the tracking shows the package "in transit" and in her "experience" it means it's in custom and there's nothing they can do and it can just be months. Even though on the UPS tracking shows it's just been sitting in an Canadian warehouse for weeks and nothing about in Clearance.

9. I had to take matters in my own hands and started a claim myself with UPS and was given 8 business days to resolve this issue and was told to contact my shipper about the result.

10. After waiting another 2.5 weeks I called LV for the result of the UPS claim but was told that because I didn't open claim through them they will not be able to receive any report from UPS. EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOLD SPECIFICALLY BY UPS THAT THE RESULT WILL BE ONLY SENT AND DISCLOSED TO THE SHIPPER.

11. In the end UPS refuse to directly tell me the result of my claim and keep telling me that I have to contact the shipper. And LV keeps telling me that there's nothing more they can do for me because they didn't open the claim and that I will have to contact UPS directly moving forward with my claim and they won't be able to open another claim.

12. Thanks a lot for nothing LV! What a joke of a company with all these incredibly incompetent associates.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Bought a bag a week ago with a large Matte black LV logo in the front, one corner of the logo chipped and when I complained I was told user error - spent $4000 on the bag! Sent 4 emails and 3 calls still no resolution. Shameful!

Louis Vuitton Company Information