2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (280 ratings)

About Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Louis Vuitton?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Bought a bag a week ago with a large Matte black LV logo in the front, one corner of the logo chipped and when I complained I was told user error - spent $4000 on the bag! Sent 4 emails and 3 calls still no resolution. Shameful!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Worst customer service experience EVER. I purchased this bag less than 6 months ago. The trim of the bag is bleeding into the pink accents. This bag has never been wet, it is in perfect condition. I won't even carry a pen in my bag for fear of leakage. No one has acknowledged my claim as a defect. They only want to repair it in the same exact fashion. This same thing will happen again and then what? I am stuck, it has been over a year, too late. Apparently, I am already too late. It is past 30 days. When you pay this much for a bag....you expect top notch customer service and QUALITY most of all. I am so sad and disappointed in this company! I received a new bag for Christmas and I only have resentment when I even look at it. Disgusted!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have had the worst experience with LV “Client “ Service representatives. They are rude, don’t answer your questions and bounce you around until you give up and hang up. They are absolutely useless. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Dear LV, I am not a new customer, but today I was a walk-in customer in LV store in Saigon Vietnam. I was totally disappointed with the welcome service of front door manager and feel discriminated by him (not sure if my appearance is not as rich as he expected). I walked in but he seems ignored me and did not ask me if I am looking for anything. I felt he looked down me and just let me alone without any welcome. I had to look for a sales assistant by myself. And finally a salesgirl help me with less welcoming. Poor service and customer discrimination from a luxury brand!!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Returned my wallet which was less than 12 months old. Part of the leather was bubbling. Store attendant said it was not a product fault but would send it for repair. I requested a new wallet, but they didn't do that for me. I then was advised it would take 4-6 weeks to be repaired. It has been 5 weeks since no contact so I called LV- HQ. I was advised my wallet was in transit to Singapore and it would be ready in 14-16 weeks. I am so upset I was lied to by the store attendant, as I will now have no wallet for all my holidays. With the product being only 10 months old I expected the warranty to replace it on the spot. You would think purchasing from such an expensive brand you would not have to wait for a wallet to be repaired especially if it wasn't my fault. After this experience I will never be buying another LV item again!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

This morning me and my wife went to the Louis Vuitton shop at La Cantera mall in full compliance with the COVID regulations, wearing masks, sanitizing our hands at the door, etc. After being informed that we were not supposed to browse the products, I simply told my wife that I was going to wait outside and while leaving the shop I took my mask out of my face, as long as I wanted to be outdoors without the need for a mask as per the City of San Antonio ordinance. The shop was empty as we were the only two customers inside the place. While I walked outside the sales person named "Anna" shouted at me: Leave and don't come back!

Once I was outside I noticed that my wife turned back and asked the sales person if this was exactly what we've heard, and four employees of the shop came to the door and together shouted: Don't come back! They hold the door shut and said that they would call security. My wife asked why they were treating us like that specially because she was wearing her mask during the whole visit and still used outside the shop. Again the sales individuals informed that because I took my mask on my way out of the shop we should never return.

Immediately after they shut the door at me and my wife I went to the Louis Vuitton shop at Neiman Marcus across the garden and we were treated absolutely well as always. It's absolutely sad to see how can a brand like Louis Vuitton allow this type of treatment to its customers... Disgraceful... I sincerely do not recommend this shop. If you wanna be treated well, go to the Neiman Marcus Louis Vuitton shop, at least they don't shout at you or kick you out like a dog... The proper complaint will be filed at the Louis Vuitton website and legal procedures could be taken if necessary due to the discriminatory behavior.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

UPDATED 4/11/2021: I purchased a Capucine handbag from Louis Vuitton at the Mellinia Mall in Florida about three years now. However just over two years the handle popped. After two months of back and forth, with LV I was able to send the bag back to them for repairs. They sent me the broken bag back stating that they were unable to repair it. I found this quite incredulous as they were the manufacturer of this extremely costly bag. They were unwilling to even respond to my request to receive a call back from someone, anyone regarding me having to toss the bag, the wallet and the shoe that I had purchased as a set.

No one called, but I received an email expressing their regret and their invite for me to contact the same LV client service who returned the broken bag. I will never spend another penny with LV and I certainly would not recommend them to anyone. This experience was so ridiculous, as I have since repaired the handle by a simple leather repair shop. The bag now looks as if it was never damaged. Shame on LV.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: In 2018 I purchased a handbag costing approximately $6400.00 from Louis Vuitton Orlando Millenia Mall. Within two months the emblem popped out. They actually replaced it. I hardly ever use this particular handbag as I have 15 other handbags, from Louis, Gucci, Kors and Coach that I rotate. I can honestly say that I have utilized this bag maybe a total of 3 months if I was to add up the days that I use it. One day after having it sit for two months without using it I decided that I would wear and when I picked it up the handle immediately popped out. In horror I took pictures and sent to my Specialist at the store. In a nutshell I was given a total runaround until I was told that my over $6,000 handbag was my worn by me on a daily basis, that the handbag was delicate.

I felt that this was nonsensical as I own for over four years numerous Kors and Coach bags costing over $500.00 that are still intact. Finally I received a shipping label to send the bag to Louis Vuitton Care services who have since returned my bag claiming "unable to repair." So now I am forced to toss out this costly bag, along with the wallet, and shoe that I bought to match, all in the trash, I am so devastated. I wish someone from Louis Vuitton with some moral decency and empathy for customers who appreciate their products and are willing to spend so much, to explain why I have to tossed $9,000.00 worth of products. MITZIE **

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I need suggestions from you all. I bought Alma Bb bag and I found out 3 defect. Bag used once for photoshooting and asking for exchange on the 3rd day.. I want thought the percentage of exchange the product is very low. Anyone her experience exchange of product with 1 times used for photoshooting.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I received my bag and first was very dissatisfied with packaging. I then realized the bag was smaller than what I thought it was. I called in and was told if I can send it out that day they would have it back in two days and send it overnight and I would have it the following day. I called in they received the bag. I said, "Great. I should have exchanged bag tomorrow." I was then told I was misinformed. It would be two weeks processing time. I then got a supervisor and was told she try to expedite the process. Next time I called to get an update since I didn’t hear back from Kelsea. She stated it would be here the following day that morning. I called back and was told a supervisor would call me by 4pm. I didn’t hear anything.

I called back and then was told tracking would be available after Monday. I told the representative that’s not what I was told. No supervisor wanted to take the call. The representative hung up on me and I called 7 times. I then was told a store 3 hours away was delivering it on no expense to me. I have yet received my bag or any information on the bag. No email. No communication. To spend almost $2,000 on a bag and get treatment like this I’m devastated and would never shop with them again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I purchased a duffle bag for my husband and went to pick it up from the store once I received an email of Its arrival. I dealt with a rude rolling eye, slamming box, sales rep!!! I asked her did she have a card for the gift. She stared at me with a blank face stating, "This is all we have." She passed me, a teeny tiny weeny envelope. I asked her could she please check the back.. A guy comes out and said “Here is an envelope & here’s a paper!” I was furious. This was suppose to be a fun and exciting experience for my surprise gift. Then I found out she was the manager... Oh she said her Name was Dori.. Horrible experience. High price item, Low class service!!!!

Louis Vuitton Company Information