4.17/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

12 L'Oreal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I don't think there are any affordable wrinkle repair cosmetics but L'Oreal at least feels good and doesn't require many steps to apply like many other products. They have combined some of their products.

Original review: April 13, 2018

EverCreme Moisture System shampoo and conditioner - Sulfate-free, perhaps, but also loaded with obnoxious chemical perfumes. The perfumes turn my stomach. They are overpowering. Not only that, it causes sores on my scalp. For customers wanting an environmentally safer product (i.e. sulfate-free) you think L'Oreal would provide a more natural alternative to chemical scents -- or at very least lighten up on them. Dear L'Oreal: your over-perfumed products are NOT desirable. I will not buy your hair products.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Hands down, this (Voluminous Butterfly Mascara) is by far my favorite mascara! The original formula is heavily pigmented and has the perfect consistency so you only have to use one coat (and still layers beautifully if you prefer a more dramatic look). I have thick, dark eyelashes with a slightly natural curl, however when I wear this mascara, it looks like I am wearing fake eyelashes. I always get tons of compliments and people don't believe that they are my real eyelashes! I've occasionally branched out in the past when I've ran out and need to replace my mascara, only to splurge $25+ for a tube of mascara and feel extremely disappointed with the results (and the waste of money).

For the price point (around $10 depending on where you purchase it), I can afford to always keep backup tubes in my desk, my car, and my makeup bag at home! For the times I've been on trips and have forgotten my makeup bag, I like how I can easily pick up a replacement tube at the local drugstore. I will warn, however, to pay attention to which formula you purchase. I've made the mistake of picking up a tube of the waterproof formula - it can be very drying to your lashes (but if you are needing a heavy duty waterproof mascara, it would definitely do the trick!).

Original review: March 13, 2017

Some of the foundations are a little oily and cause me to break out, but that is something that is easily avoidable if you just check out the reviews or talk to a sales rep. L'Oreal makeup stays on me all day, as long as I'm not sweating. Not a good brand if you wanna go exercise, unless you have some sort of setting spray to go over it. It's alright, but like any makeup brand, it could really benefit from having some darker, and also just more varied shades. Not everyone is snow or peach colored! L'Oreal is cheap and the quality is fantastic beyond words. It's a great bang for your buck and all that good jazz. Just make sure you look at the reviews for the product you want because there are a couple things that are not worth your while.

Original review: March 12, 2017

L'Oreal makeup stays on all day long. Even if it gets a little wet, I can easily fix it right up very quickly without any issues. The makeup is cheap and very easy to use. If you are on a budget, this brand is for you. It works just like the expensive brands. The brand could use a bit more variety, but for the price I can't complain. I'd like to see more shades of color and less glittery versions. My skin looks great with the shades and colors that I can buy. It blends in well and doesn't look cheap at all. I'd definitely recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about L'Oreal?

Original review: March 7, 2017

L'Oréal makes long lasting products. They make eyeshadow, lipsticks, and blush in a variety of colors. The mascaras are the best on the market. Their concealer and foundations are long lasting. It's easy to find a color you will like and will work because there is a shade to match every skin tone. This is the best makeup brand when it comes to a variety of colors and shades. I found a shade that matched my skin tone and found the right one for my skin type. They make matte, satin and glossy finishes and make different face makeup for different skin types-dry, oily or combination. It helps mattify my oily skin. Once I apply the makeup, the makeup stays on and looks fresh all day and I rarely have to touch it up.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Loreal still needs to add more shades for people of every ethnicity and more shades for people who are fair skinned but have a lot of pink and brightness. I'd like to see more color correcting that is oil free and fragrance-free. Also, they are a little pricey for a drugstore brand but that's because it is a higher-quality than some of its counterparts like Cover Girl. I appreciate that it's a little more sophisticated, like Revlon, and more adult than Maybelline. On the other hand, their makeup has staying power depending on the specific product and how it is applied. It matters if I use a primer for a makeup setting spray with the temperature and humidity is outside. There isn't one miracle product but makeup can have staying power if properly applied. In addition, the makeup is easy to use and color match.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have been very impressed with Loreal cosmetics. I love that they have such a wide variety of shades to choose from and I have always had great success with finding shades that work well for me. I can find such high-quality products in Loreal in our local drugstores or even in Walmart or Target. They work well to enhance my skin, it's safe for me to use regularly and I have never had any problems. They also last well throughout the day for my weekly makeup routine. I can apply it in the morning and it seems to stay on well until the end of the day. I always know I will be satisfied with their products.

Original review: March 3, 2017

L'Oreal comes in a large variety of products with a variety of colors and shades for each one of the products. I can always find the right shade. I do very few touch-ups when using this makeup throughout the day. It stays looking good and fresh. It works great for me and it is not hard on the skin. Good effects on the skin. Skin is still smooth and nourished when finished with the makeup and after removing it. It's not too expensive and is well worth the money that I have to spend on it. It's long lasting which adds to the value as well. Good deal.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Loreal's shade is always perfect, it is easy to choose the right shade. The foundation and makeup are always easy to apply and makes my skin look more natural than some other brands. I love the feel of it on my skin and I feel confident that it will be effective. It is easy to apply and stays put throughout the day. I always feel confident that when I apply my makeup first thing in the morning that it will remain in place until I clean my face at night. It is not inexpensive but it is worth it and I am happy to pay the extra money for a good quality product.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Loreal has beautiful colors and a wide range of shades of all products for every skin tone. Also, it makes my skin feel, look, and radiate youth! In addition, it stays put all day long and it stays on so well that it's hard to remove. They have great skin care products and I absolutely love all the products they offer. It could be cheaper but as long as it works, it is almost completely worth the price range it is in.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

L'Oréal is a good value for what it's like. Plenty of options to choose from and many different types of products. Love all the shades that they have. I never know what kind I want to get so having the different options on shade are really great. No longer have to reapply makeup throughout the day which is great since who wants to constantly reapply makeup all day or a few times a day. It's great. It doesn't cause me to break out like other makeup does. Never leaves an oily feeling on my skin after removing. Cleans up easily with no residue left behind. Would recommend to anyone.

L'Oreal Company Information