3.5/5 (81 ratings)

About Lancome

Lancome Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?

Original review: July 28, 2021

Lancome was cheating me for a long time on Visionnaire Skin Solutions 0.2% Retinol Correcting Night Concentrate (I bought 16 boxes total, and 14 boxes were fraudulent). Lancome contacted me in January 2021, and agreed to pay me 100 dollars as a final settlement for the Retinol serum. It is not enough for the loss, but I took it and thought the cheating was over. It is not. The fraud is repeated with another product. I just bought the Lancome Absolue Soft Cream refill from Nordstrom on Thursday, July 15, 2021, and it was a fraud product. You can see the pictures I included at the bottom.

Here is what they said about my complaint. Lancome's response: "Sometimes during the filling process, because of the thickness of the product, air spaces may occur which would create the appearance of an under-fill. Our products are filled by weight and it is our policy to slightly overfill to accommodate for this situation. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we suggest returning the product back to the original place of purchase for assistance." I brought the Lancome Absolue soft cream refill back to Nordstrom for exchange, and the new Lancome box is also fraudulent as the pictures included.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I'm never buying Lancome products again. I used the face mask and it burned my face and the worst thing is that I made a review about it on the lancome website with pictures and all and got an email saying my review wasn't approved, so what? They just approve the good reviews?

Original review: June 10, 2021

I placed an order with Lancome. I noticed the order was inaccurate, immediately called customer service. I was told, I needed to wait 48 hours and call back. I did, they were unable to assist with the matter. I called again, when I received the order, it was inaccurate and did not include the free promotional items. The representative was pleasant but unable/unwilling to assist in the matter. I wanted to return the order, but was told, to just ship it back. It would take up to 6 weeks to receive a refund. The promotional advertisement was a scam to lure people to spend more money. I spent almost $200.00 to receive the free promotional items and receive free shipping. I am appalled at Lancome's unwillingness to correct the order.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I placed my order 2 weeks ago on Saturday, May 22nd. Immediately after placing my order, I realized my address had autocorrected to an old address. I called, messaged, and emailed Lancome Customer Support within seconds of placing my order to correct the address or cancel the order. I was unable to get ahold of phone support so I left an email and message through the Lacome website. I did not hear back from ANYONE from Lancome in response to my communication placed on Saturday, May 22nd, an email yesterday, June 3rd.

After NOT hearing from a representative come Tuesday morning, May 25th, I received an email notice that my order was shipped out to the incorrect address. I called and was FINALLY able to get ahold of a representative Tuesday morning that informed me a replacement order was being shipped out to my correct address and to call back in 24 hours if I did not receive an email with the new tracking. I did not receive the new tracking so I called the customer service line on Thursday, May 27th. I called several times that day actually.

3 reps disconnected my call until finally, I was able to reach Ayisha whom I asked to take down my phone number in case we were to get disconnected - as this had already happened 3 times prior. Ayisha informed me that my address had not been updated in the system and that the rep I spoke with on Tuesday was lying to me. Alysha explained your order cancellation policy is ONLY VALID within 10 minutes of placing the order online, and ONLY IF I were to call in to cancel my order. Your customer service line was unavailable within 10 minutes or originally placing my order and no rep would answer. I have never received the order that I have paid for. Your customer service was 1. extremely rude and 2. unprofessional. I was placed on several brief holds and was unable to speak to a supervisor when requested.

I have been a consistent customer of Lancome for over 2 decades - but this experience has been completely unacceptable. I was treated terribly and do not appreciate the disservice I have experienced through your customer service representatives. Lancome used to be a company I could trust to deliver an amazing product and fair customer service experience - however, that is no longer the case. I feel like you just wanted my money, took it, and no longer took care of me as a valued customer. I will not spend my money on your products or brand in the future and I will be leaving this review on all digital media outlets available.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I’ve been with Lancôme for over 30 years, elite member for the last 7. Last 4 online orders were and continue to be a disaster. Wrong or no items shipped. Called to resolve the issue, emailed, called again and requested supervisor’s call back. Never got any response, product or refund. Hate to go through finding a new line but don’t see it possible to continue with this company.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I ordered $100 worth of products online and I was supposed to receive a free gift valued at $144. I only received my products and no free gift. I emailed them and got no response, I called them and was disconnected twice and the third gal told me she would take care of it. 10 minutes later I get an email saying we’re so sorry but we don’t change orders.

They said I was welcome to return my items for a full refund which I would receive 10 days after they received them. I did return the items and had to pay $12 for shipping and will never purchase another thing from Lancome ever again. Their customer service is horrible plus the products are overpriced!!! All they had to do to make me happy will send me my damn free gift!!! But they would rather lose a customer.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I have been ordering Lancome make-up online for the last 5 years. I say I am now what was a loyal customer because they have lost ALL my business due to their rude and bad customer service. Since starting to order my make-up over he last five years I was saving all my Elite Reward points for a large item and with the Covid 19 virus and being sick over the last year only ordered from them in the 1st Qtr of 2019 and the last Qtr of 2019. I went in to place an order this month only to find the almost 13,000 Elite Rewards points I was saving Lancome deleted from my account. I have never had any points ever deleted from my account over the last five years and was shocked at this.

When I called them up they said they didn't care that I have been a loyal customer for five years and that I was not going to get those reward points back. I informed them that they just lost a loyal customer and I would never order from them again. I am now shopping around for a new make brand as I realize I should have done this five years ago and never stuck with such a unprofessional company. Good Riddance Lancome!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I would just like to comment that Lancome has the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Fraudulent charges were made with my debit card to your website and when I called to see if the order could be tracked and canceled, absolutely no effort was made to do so. I was told without the order number or email address there was no way the order could be looked up. Obviously, I don't have that information because I did not place the order, it was made FRAUDULENTLY. I called two other companies where charges were made and there were no problems tracking down the orders with my name and card number. Their employees were actually excited to prevent the items being sent out. I will dispute the charges with my bank and get my money back, but thank you Lancome for helping to put your product in the hands of criminals.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I placed a Cyber Monday purchase order about $400 for Lancome skincare products. The company promotion was to offer free gift if order was greater than $150+. It took about almost 4 weeks that I received my products. But they did not give any gift. I wrote to the company and they responded to me as “Will give 15% off on next purchase”. The day I received their email, their website has a promotion as “20% off and 3 deluxe sample on order $75+”. I have been using Lancome products more than 30 years. This is first time that the company is not being able to meet their promises. I felt that the company is no more trustworthy. I do not if I should trust their promotion anymore. They just insult customer on their face.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I placed an order in May of 2020 as a birthday gift for my mother, for an amount close to $300. When I found out shipping was slower than usual & the gift wouldn't arrive in time, I simply canceled the order online. They shipped it out anyways, ignoring the cancellation. When I tried to contact them to return the items, I could not reach them by email or online. The one email I did receive 2 months later in July told me to return the unopened items at my expense, which I did. I sent it via UPS with tracking & they received it in August. Still no refund. I finally was able to chat with a representative in September. She verified they received my returned items and assured me the refund would be credited within about a week. Still no refund.

In October, I actually reached someone by phone & explained the situation. She also verified that they had received the return back in August. She mentioned that I had done all that was needed & should get my money back. I asked if there was someone, like a supervisor, I should follow up with about getting the refund credited, but she said no. She couldn't understand why the company hadn't refunded my money yet, when I had done all that was required. Weeks after this conversation, I am still waiting to receive the refund that is owed me. In all of my years of shopping and interactions with retailers & customer service, I have never seen such utter disregard for its customers as I have experienced with Lancome.

The way they were so difficult to get in contact with, having to wait months just to speak to someone, being told that it would be resolved & then it never was, and withholding money that should be refunded as their products were received, makes me never wish to buy from them again! There are other products available from other companies that will save me the headache that this transaction has caused me. It is almost November, and still no refund. I understand that things can back up or be slow, but I have been patient & courteous in my communication with this company. I would have been satisfied if they just gave me a refund. When will Lancome step up and do the right thing? I have given up hope.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I am a Lancome customer for about 20 years. I love the products, they very effective, but at the same time I think they getting too expensive compare with many other products in the market that also work.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Placed my order on their website and couple days later I got an email said it was shipped. I was excited and checked the tracking number couple days later. It showed ”on its way” with no estimate delivery date or anything. Checked back a week later, still, nothing change. I called them and they said there was nothing they can do, told me to contact UPS. Called UPS, never got ahold of a live agent. Attempted several times.

I then checked the tracking a week later, still showing the same thing. Call Lancome, agent told me the products I ordered are low in inventory and that was the reason why UPS can’t pick up the package. That’s ridiculous cause when I ordered, it showed “in stock”. Now after 2 weeks they got the nerve to tell me there are low in stock and had no idea when it will be in stock and they can’t cancel the order. Told me just wait and keep calling back to see. What the heck! Never again I’ll order from them. Will see when I actually get my order from them!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I love the texture and the scent of this night treatment and I absolutely love the way I feel the next morning. My skin is very soft and hydrated.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Bi-Facil eye makeup remover is the best there is. Eyebrow pencils are inferior- the tips break off continually and you end up with a stub when you should still have a full pencil.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

It's a really nice makeup, the cookies just don't match my skin tone very good, I feel it's made for lighter skin tones and not darker ones.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I started using Lancome because my mom swore by them. She is now 85 years old and her skin looks amazing!!! I'm a true believer in all their products.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I love their foundations and eyeliner. The consistency of each is great and I love how lightweight the foundation feel on my face.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I was sent a offer of a free gift for just the shipping of the products so I accepted the offer and paid for the shipping of 11.?? I received a call from the credit card that this might be a fraud activity. My card was being held until I responded. Can you tell me if this is something that I need to be concern about?

Original review: June 21, 2020

The fragrance in the cream is strong. I don’t like the smell and it is causing my eyes to water and my cheeks are burning. This is the first reaction I’ve had to any face product I have used in the past 25+ years. Returning it to the store tomorrow!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I can tell this was the worst experience in my life with an simple online order. Item purchased a long time ago was not received yet. Emails sent to Lancome were not answered. Chat support gave wrong info about the shipping to ease me by saying the item would be shipped on the same day I was chatting with them but nothing happened. So, I end up buying another item to give as a birthday gift and after all conversation and cancellation be requested Lancome shipped the item disregarding all communication and will charge me of the product cost. I easily spent more than 30 minutes to get connected with Lancome chat service since phone calls and emails were never answered.

Now, I have to deal with the risk of item be rejected for return, return shipping cost, and all this time spent for nothing. Lancome simple disregarded all communication and requests. Be aware when ordering Lancome products online and keep at least a month to get your product. Very disappointed with Lancome service and hours spent for nothing. We like Lancome products but this experience and care with customer may change our mind.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I bought Lancôme la vie belle on the 20th of May, and was shown the shipping will come around 28th of May. On the 26th of May I received a shipping notification, I went straight to UPS to check the status was it showed that even though the tracking was generated it wasn’t dropped off at the office. I waited a full week and checked back and still nothing. I tried to reach the customer service and was placed on hold for over an hour no response. Today is June 4th, I tried again and waited over an hour again, no response, UPS shows the perfume haven’t been dropped off so no date. I tried to cancel purchase and it says I can’t cancel and no one will get back to me. This is just horrible and I totally regret patronizing them. The MAC product I got almost a week after my purchase was delivered promptly. So they have no excuse. Please do not patronize as you will regret it.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Updated on 06/04/2020: Last week Lancôme offered a 25% off their products. I tried several times to order a bottle of Poem fragrance and their site was not working. I have called their customer service 3 different times. The first time I was placed on hold for 2:30 hours. They never answered and I had to hang up. The second call I was on hold for 2 hours and a female finally answered. She offered me a free small sample but could not help me from her home. They are working from their home and can not place an order. I tried to order again on their site and no luck. Called again and on hold for 2:15 minutes. She finally answered and told me she could not help me because they have no way of ordering anything even though I called the extension to order a product. Very disappointed in their customer service.

Original Review: On Saturday, May 30, 2020, I attempted to order a large bottle of Poem for my wife with the 25% off sale. I tried to purchase the product many times online but it would not work. Then I called their chat line for a verbal order. I was placed on hold for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I had to get on with my life so I had to hang up. I have sent messages and tried every attempt for service. I can actually say this is the worst service I have EVER experienced in my life! If this is how Lancôme operates all the time, I don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Lancome has the best beauty box because it comes with just the right amount of stuff. Mascara face cleanser moisturizer lip gloss and makeup remover and they trial sizes last almost 6 months! The beauty bag always comes with a shiny enlarge makeup bag that zips shut and fits perfectly with any luggage or alongside a purse. The best ones have built in mirrors. Then of course your get extra points for making the purchase.

Original review: May 9, 2020

2 hr wait time on their customer service call and they still did not answer. I did however get on their chat after waiting 48 minutes. Thought I would try both at the same time just for a kick. See who answered first. I had been on the phone 1:15. They always offer a free gift sample and on the website order omitted that option. So much for their "Always a free gift in every order"... lie. I called the next day and the young man assured me the free gift of eye cream would be included in my order....He lied....

I emailed them with the situation when I received my order (which by other reviews is kind of iffy that you even receive your "order" so I count myself lucky)....I still have not heard back a week later....They do not even answer their emails....I like the face cream but I bet I can find another company that has better customer service.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Ordered on 5/3/20, and quickly received an order confirmation. That's it. Our Mother's Day gift has not even shipped yet. Spent 1.25 hours waiting for Customer Service for an update - they hung up. Trying to connect to chat - 3 hours and waiting. I suspect Lancome has no idea how to efficiently run their e-commerce business. They use COVID as an excuse to cover up their failures, and hope their customers have patience and forgiveness. Please try and order from a department store, and cross your fingers. Don't be logical and think that the bright idea of ordering directly from the source will give you any advantage.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Placed an order eight days ago has not been shipped. No one answers phone, chats, or emails. There’s no one to talk to. They just stole my money. I have tried and tried to call using chat, phone and emails. No response, absolutely nothing.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I have screenshots of my payments and they said 3 to 5 days and it’s almost 3 weeks my orders numbers are **. I receive my proof of payment from PayPal. Please call me the soon as possible. I need my product for Mother’s Day. They are my mother presents. Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I brought the entire set of Renergie at Macy's. Paid over $150 for this crap. After 4 days you would have thought I had the measles. My face was so broke out, then the started peeling. It look like I had 3rd degree burns on my face. It was itching. It look scary. I quickly returned the product, showed them my face and will never ever buy a Lancome product again. Don't know what they put in this mess but it's not for ** skin. I'd advise STAY AWAy. DON'T USE. Not worth the pain and suffering I have had to endure for over 3 week.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Have to say ordering online from Lancome website is a terrible experience. Customer service is not a professional service and slow delivery system. I am so mad about how they provide the service to their customer. Poorly customer service ever. Order can not be processed on time like what they mentioned in your order details, customer service tries to tell you to ask other questions rather than what you really need them to answer.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

To whomever this may concern: I called the Lancome customer service line 2 minutes after placing my order because I realized the address was incorrect on my order. I asked the representative to cancel my order. She said, "Ok, but I need to call back in 30-40 minutes." So I hung up, set a timer for 30 minutes, and called when the timer went off. When I called, the representative said I should have actually called in exactly 25 minutes, and she can no longer cancel the order.

Obviously, I am shocked and disappointed at the low level of customer service. Not only did a representative give me false information, but the 2 representatives that followed refused to help me because I called 5 minutes later. I have purchased several products from this supposed prestigious brand, and I have to say that from now on I will never purchase another product from Lancome unless this is made right. I am disgusted with the level of care given by Lancome's customer service reps.

Lancome Company Information