2.52/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings

23 Lancome Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2019

WOW! I have never been treated so bad by a company being a new customer. I placed a order for $167 and had signed up for emails for a 15% off discount. First the discount didn't work when I placed the order which it plainly stated 15% off ANY order over $49. That was any! So I called and the lady assured me that when my order shipped they would then refund me back for the discount which would have been $26.80 with tax. Ok I placed the order on the 4th and was so tickled that it shipped right out and was supposed to be delivered on the 5th.

Well the order arrived and one of the $82 sets of skin care was not in the box. So of course I was upset because I had been SAVING for month's to order this stuff and they had a promotion for 10 free items if you made a certain amount of purchase which I did. So I called and the lady apologized and said it would be shipped right out. Well that was on the 5th and I got my order on the 9th and as you can see in the photo I still did not get my $82 skin care set but a torn up box with a bottle of makeup in it. Upset ain't the word. So I called back and explained what happened and was apologized to again and was told it would be shipped right out.

So while I had the person on the phone I ask when I was going to get my refund since I was told I would get it when the order first shipped. Well I was told, "NO sorry. You won't be getting that refund because of the promotion that you got." I told him that the lady I talked to had looked at my order and had assured me I would get my refund for the discount. He said, "No I'm sorry but you won't get a refund because that 15% was not supposed to go TOWARD the order I made." So I ask then why was I lied to. He said, "I don't know why she told you that." The discount states as I said for any. That's any order made over $49.

So BASICALLY no I didn't get any free items. They cost me nearly $27. So now I'm waiting again to see if I get what I ordered and paid for. I can't believe how this company works and has the business they do if other people which I can see here are treated the way I was. I expect when I pay HARD EARNED money for something to get what I paid for and treated decently. So if and when I do receive the rest of my order I will be calling back and demanding my refund that I was told I would get. So anyone out there if you don't get what you was promised you need to call and call again and then give reviews on every site you can find on how badly you was treated so HOPEFULLY these companies will get their act together and quit lying to people.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

So I get an email from Lancome offering me 15% off a $49 purchase and a "free deluxe sample." I am a longtime loyal customer and a fan of their products, and they rarely offer percentage discounts, so I figure, sure. The code I was given did not work, and I found out only DURING A CHAT that one of the items I had chosen was not qualified (gift set). What kind of BS is this? It's OK to have rules, but you gotta tell your customers about them somewhere! I wasted 45 minutes of my day on this nonsense and ended up buying nothing. (The exclusions were not in the fine print of the email or anywhere on the site -- not even in the T&C).

The company was sold out of more items than it had in stock, which is super annoying and unprofessional. And get this: six weeks into 2019, it is still promoting Christmas and New Year's Eve looks. It's called quality control, Lancome! For God's sake hire an intern to update your site! I am gratified to see that I am not the only one extremely unhappy with their service. It looks like sometime after 2017, this company started seriously going downhill. The reviews from that year are generally positive, then things take a dark turn in 2018. Thank you, next, Lancome!

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I received an email from Lancôme stating that they were running a promotion for 20% off your online order if placed from 1/28/2019 12:00 pm EST to 2/3/2019 3 am EST. When I tried to place the order on 2/2/2019 9:30 am EST with the promo code FLASH, I received the response "Sorry, promo code FLASH is not an active promotion." I called Customer Service and was told that Lancôme changed the end date to 1/30/2019. The Lancôme email was false advertising at its best.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have ordered from their official website for a few years. I trusted that I could keep my credit card on file with them. Today I discovered two fraudulent charges charged to that credit card on their site... One for $400+ and another for over $800. Clearly their site is not secure. Whoever stole my information ordered all this perfume and had it shipped to my name but at an address in another state. Shouldn’t this set up red flags within Lancôme? If shipping is to a different address than on file perhaps it should generate an email to the email address that has been on file asking for confirmation of this different shipping address... especially with suspicious orders of several bottles of the same perfume.

I had to cancel my credit card which is a huge pain. Now I have to wait for a new card and give it to everyone I do automatic payments with. Very disappointed with their lack of security. Furthermore they should file criminal charges against the person living at the address all this fraudulently purchased product was shipped to. But they won’t. They will probably say it isn’t worth the effort... Yet they’ve lost me as a customer and I suspect others had their accounts compromised. Be careful if you order from them... Their site is clearly NOT secure!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I made the order online. After a week I did call them to find out about my stuff. I was told that they need to clarify my address and after the order will be send!!! If I would not call them I might wait for the next winter. :) They should get proper training, service is really disorganized and pure!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been using Lancome for several decades and I am done using their products. Their customer service is the worst I've experienced in my life. They are not there to help you. I am done with them. I recommend everyone to not to order any Lancome products online ever.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have been the customer of this company for over 20 years. No more. It was getting worse and worse every year. Products are not bad, but overpriced. Service is terrible. Mistakes in processing, mistakes in the mailing, no samples or gifts that were promised.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Such a web of lies this Lancome has become. The most incompetent company. They truly don’t care about their products that are full of alcohol and burn your face! They took my elite points away Sept 2 over Labor Day 444 then Sept 8 more again 4000 after lying saying they won’t take anymore. Called them today and it’s useless. I had like 16,000 points. No more Lancome after 25 years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Beware of their so called gifts with purchase. Once you receive it in the mail there will be missing items and lancome.com will not replace them arguing they ran out. They'll offer you a small percentage off your next purchase which won't amount to the retail value of the product they cheated you out of and if you try to return your full purchase you're stuck with the shipping cost because even if it was their fault they won't pay for it. In addition they'll treat you as a beggar when all you are asking for is what they promised you in their offer and they failed to deliver. Their customer service people mocked me and dismissed me, even after many years of being a loyal customer to their brand and having spent a lot of hard earned money on their products.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I am a longtime customer of Lancome - I had over 10,000 elite points in my account and in the month of September, they took over 6,000 points as they had "expired" - I was NEVER notified of this. I contacted them to express my dismay (pure anger, actually) and was told that I had been sent an email (Lie) and that there was nothing they could do.

Then, I just now logged in to my account today (10/14/18) to possibly use my remaining points and lo and behold, they took those too! I am now at 0 points. Hmmm, odd that they didn't inform me of this "expiration" coming up while we were talking about the point expiration in September. I also find it odd that once again, no email was received, nor was there any banner or notification on the website whatever upon logging in that such an "expiration" is forthcoming. They are a fantastic product, they truly are. I am just sorry that they are so backhanded in the way that they treat their loyal customers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

After being a loyal Lancôme customer for 40+ years, I am dismayed about the decision to wipe out nearly 9000 elite rewards points from my account. Customer service told me “we sent you an email to let you know that we were changing our system and your rewards would expire September 1st”. I not only didn’t receive that email (I checked my junk mail folder as well) but I did get an email in June telling me that I was retaining my elite status for being a loyal customer. This is pure deception. I have visited the website multiple times this year, had many “chats” regarding products, don’t you think I would have redeemed my points one of these times if I thought you were going to take them from me?

Also, why didn’t you put a banner online so then when customers logged in they would be informed about this “change” and give them the opportunity to redeem them before you swiped them? I was told that someone would reach out to me regarding this issue, that also didn’t happen. Also said they would pass on my comments to the “decision makers”. If you have been saving up your points for a long time, I would suggest you check out your points balance, you may be in for a nasty surprise. Shame on you Lancôme.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Lancome products are good but DON’T EVER ORDER FROM LANCOME.COM! I typically order Lancome products through department stores but the last couple of months I decided to give in and order directly from Lancome because I really liked the gifts.The first time I ordered was in October 2017 and the gift with purchase wasn’t adding to my cart even though my order qualified. Contacted live chat and was given a link that did absolutely nothing and was told to call in the order. Called to order over the phone and was told that promotion ended even though the live chat rep told me it’s in effect for a couple more days. Eventually I got a rep who said place the order and then call customer service to ensure the gift is added. So I did that.

A few weeks later, I decided to give Lancome.com another chance and ordered for my mom and my aunt. Since they are technologically challenged, I ordered through my account. The website had a gift with purchase where you were able to choose 7 or 10 gift items depending on how much you spend. For the 10 items, you had to spend at least $95. The order I put in for my mom was about $240 which qualified for the 10 items. She selected her 10 items and this time they were added to the cart. And I checked out thinking it was ok. The next day my aunt hears from my mom about the gift with purchase and asks if I can place an order for her and she ends up spending almost $100 and also qualified for this gift with purchase. My aunt also got to select her 10 items.

When the shipments arrived, only the items ordered were in the box and the gift with purchase items were not included. I check the site and status of these orders show as “processing” so I thought oh, they’re still processing the gift. However when I called customer service yesterday, the rep tells me no, the order was completed 2 weeks ago even though as of today, over 2 weeks laters, it still shows as “processing” in my order history.

I ask about the gift items and the rep had to go check with her team lead/supervisor where they tell me that the promotion I’m saying the order qualified for was not the promo in effect and something to the extent that they don’t give that many gift samples out. And that for me to get the 10 item gift, that I pretty much had to prove it. Not only is that ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, it is also EXTREMELY INSULTING.

For me the gift with purchase is just a bonus. But for my mom and my aunt who don’t make very much money, the gift with purchase is something they really look forward to when they make their Lancome purchase. It’s the only thing they ever splurge on and having to explain this incident to them... well how do tell them Lancome.com falsely advertise, then pretty much calls you a liar when you call to ask and that’s why you’re not getting your gift with purchase? How is the computer software of a multimillion dollar company not capable of showing what was really ordered including what was selected as a gift? How is there no record of it at all that I, the customer, have to prove it?

Apparently I’m not the only person they’ve scammed with their gift with purchase. Just look up Lancome.com complaints because I wish I had before making this mistake of ordering directly from them. The experience I’ve had with Lancome.com has left a bitter taste. I’m definitely going to consider using a different brand after I use up my products. Maybe I’ll convince the rest of my family too. Why support a company that doesn’t deliver what they promise?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have never had a worse experience with any other website. I tried ordering twice on the same day and the order didn’t go through because Lancôme’s system fail to send my CVV2 verification to my bank. The result? My money got held back and has not yet been released back to me. Alright, maybe they got blasted during the holidays, I’ll just use another payment method. I successfully completed this order and got an order confirmation. The next day I got an email stating that my order has been cancelled for no reason. I called their customer services and they said “There was no apparent reason why we cancelled your order so yeah, I don’t know”. And they never offered me an advice on what to do next. They basically just said, "Screw you, we will cancel anything for no reason if we want". Yup, this will be the last time I ever use Lancôme.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I like to use Lancôme products because they are high quality and stand up well. I use their mascara and although it is more expensive than others, it is worth it. Their mascara stays on and I like the color as it accents my eyes and makes my lashes look longer. I like their makeup as it doesn't cake and settle in the wrinkles on my face but diminish them so I have a nice smooth look overall and is more natural looking and lasts a long time.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Lancôme has many different colors available to choose from so that anyone can find a shade that looks good on them. It makes my skin look smooth and visibly clear. It also helps to moisturize my skin so that my skin stays hydrated, youthful and it makes me feel good. In addition, it helps to control any blemish outbreaks. Their products typically last the majority of the day for me but I would be happier if the pressed powder stayed on a bit longer as I live in a very hot and humid state. Lastly, they have a good to high-quality product, but can be quite expensive. I'm not at all sure the product is worth its purchase price and if I will continue to use it.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Lancôme has a lot of varieties in its shades and/or colors. Most of the time you cannot find the selection in the cheaper versions of makeup. This makeup makes my skin so soft and it doesn't dry my skin out or affect it the way some makeup does. That is the reason why I buy this brand of makeup the most. I have never had any problems with this makeup not staying put or coming off easily. I use it sparingly and for that reason I also use cheaper makeup with it to make it last for a longer period of time. It is a fair value for what you have to pay for it.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I like all the different products Lancôme has and the different levels of pricing for their products. Good prices for their products, wish it was cheaper though. They have great shades and different colors. I like to look at their different products and see what they have based on colors. I like all the options and different colors they offer. I like the way their products go on my skin and how it looks and feels. Their makeup really stays well on my skin, and for a long time. I never have had any negative effects from using their products or any discomfort to my skin. I am very satisfied with that aspect of their products.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Ever worry about your make up washing away from sweat or rain? Worry no more, Lancôme is here! Their makeup doesn't sweat off for a full day of makeup wear. They have such a variety of makeup that I find it extremely easy to match to anyone's skin tone from extremely fair to dark brown. It is also extremely gentle on skin and it doesn't matter if your skin is dry or oily. It does not dry out or cause breakouts and fits everyone's skin care needs. In addition, they have very fair prices and they make makeup that lasts and truly highlights people beauty. I would recommend them to almost anyone looking for high-quality makeup for an affordable price.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Lancôme is a great product and you pay for what you get. It is a little higher than some products but worth it. It is high quality and therefore cost a little more. They have any shade that someone would want. They have one for every skin shade and type. If you want a shade for work they have it and one for evening also. It is lightweight and feels comfortable on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or make your skin oily. You can freshen it up if you feel the need. It last all day and still looks and feels the same after 10-12 hours not like some other brands.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I find some things from Lancôme to be a little overpriced, like the makeup remover and the lotions, but I love all the makeup. I love the mascara compared to other brands. I have always been able to find the right shade for me and they come in every shade you can imagine. I have so many different blues, purples, greens as well as the basics, browns, golds and black. I love that the powders are all light and you can choose to have a scent or unscented. I sometimes have a little bit of irritation with some makeup, but I can wear Lancôme with no irritation. Sometimes the powder foundation needs to be reapplied, but the mascara has great staying power as well as the eye liner.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I love these waterproof eyeliners. I have been looking for some true long lasting, waterproof liners for a long time and they have great staying power even with my occasional watery eyes. They have really gone beyond my expectations. Also, they are cheaper than Chanel makeup. I'm extremely happy with my purchase!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Lancome has many shades and colors available. I like that I can find many shades and great prices. Money is tight and it is great that I am able to save money since it's less expensive. It lasts all day long and lasts longer than the most than the expensive ones out on the market. Also, it does not dry out like others. I do not see my skin breaking out and it shows on my face. I hope it keeps up the great work.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

This stuff is absolutely worth the money! If I didn't find Lancôme I'd still be using the same irritating skincare products. This is genuinely calming and good. The foundation, concealers, and powders come in marvelous range shades! Me being in between light and dark it can be hard to find the right fit for foundation.

Considering it's oil-free and water-based it's less likely to cause zits and unwanted breakouts. I've never had trouble with this foundation. It's a good foundation and goes on smooth. Just dampen the application if you're using a sponge then apply. It stays for a while. I'd recommend using a primer with though for extra staying power!

Lancome Company Information