2.94/5
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

18 Lancome Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been using Lancome for several decades and I am done using their products. Their customer service is the worst I've experienced in my life. They are not there to help you. I am done with them. I recommend everyone to not to order any Lancome products online ever.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have been the customer of this company for over 20 years. No more. It was getting worse and worse every year. Products are not bad, but overpriced. Service is terrible. Mistakes in processing, mistakes in the mailing, no samples or gifts that were promised.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Such a web of lies this Lancome has become. The most incompetent company. They truly don’t care about their products that are full of alcohol and burn your face! They took my elite points away Sept 2 over Labor Day 444 then Sept 8 more again 4000 after lying saying they won’t take anymore. Called them today and it’s useless. I had like 16,000 points. No more Lancome after 25 years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Beware of their so called gifts with purchase. Once you receive it in the mail there will be missing items and lancome.com will not replace them arguing they ran out. They'll offer you a small percentage off your next purchase which won't amount to the retail value of the product they cheated you out of and if you try to return your full purchase you're stuck with the shipping cost because even if it was their fault they won't pay for it. In addition they'll treat you as a beggar when all you are asking for is what they promised you in their offer and they failed to deliver. Their customer service people mocked me and dismissed me, even after many years of being a loyal customer to their brand and having spent a lot of hard earned money on their products.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I am a longtime customer of Lancome - I had over 10,000 elite points in my account and in the month of September, they took over 6,000 points as they had "expired" - I was NEVER notified of this. I contacted them to express my dismay (pure anger, actually) and was told that I had been sent an email (Lie) and that there was nothing they could do.

Then, I just now logged in to my account today (10/14/18) to possibly use my remaining points and lo and behold, they took those too! I am now at 0 points. Hmmm, odd that they didn't inform me of this "expiration" coming up while we were talking about the point expiration in September. I also find it odd that once again, no email was received, nor was there any banner or notification on the website whatever upon logging in that such an "expiration" is forthcoming. They are a fantastic product, they truly are. I am just sorry that they are so backhanded in the way that they treat their loyal customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

After being a loyal Lancôme customer for 40+ years, I am dismayed about the decision to wipe out nearly 9000 elite rewards points from my account. Customer service told me “we sent you an email to let you know that we were changing our system and your rewards would expire September 1st”. I not only didn’t receive that email (I checked my junk mail folder as well) but I did get an email in June telling me that I was retaining my elite status for being a loyal customer. This is pure deception. I have visited the website multiple times this year, had many “chats” regarding products, don’t you think I would have redeemed my points one of these times if I thought you were going to take them from me?

Also, why didn’t you put a banner online so then when customers logged in they would be informed about this “change” and give them the opportunity to redeem them before you swiped them? I was told that someone would reach out to me regarding this issue, that also didn’t happen. Also said they would pass on my comments to the “decision makers”. If you have been saving up your points for a long time, I would suggest you check out your points balance, you may be in for a nasty surprise. Shame on you Lancôme.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Lancome products are good but DON’T EVER ORDER FROM LANCOME.COM! I typically order Lancome products through department stores but the last couple of months I decided to give in and order directly from Lancome because I really liked the gifts.The first time I ordered was in October 2017 and the gift with purchase wasn’t adding to my cart even though my order qualified. Contacted live chat and was given a link that did absolutely nothing and was told to call in the order. Called to order over the phone and was told that promotion ended even though the live chat rep told me it’s in effect for a couple more days. Eventually I got a rep who said place the order and then call customer service to ensure the gift is added. So I did that.

A few weeks later, I decided to give Lancome.com another chance and ordered for my mom and my aunt. Since they are technologically challenged, I ordered through my account. The website had a gift with purchase where you were able to choose 7 or 10 gift items depending on how much you spend. For the 10 items, you had to spend at least $95. The order I put in for my mom was about $240 which qualified for the 10 items. She selected her 10 items and this time they were added to the cart. And I checked out thinking it was ok. The next day my aunt hears from my mom about the gift with purchase and asks if I can place an order for her and she ends up spending almost $100 and also qualified for this gift with purchase. My aunt also got to select her 10 items.

When the shipments arrived, only the items ordered were in the box and the gift with purchase items were not included. I check the site and status of these orders show as “processing” so I thought oh, they’re still processing the gift. However when I called customer service yesterday, the rep tells me no, the order was completed 2 weeks ago even though as of today, over 2 weeks laters, it still shows as “processing” in my order history.

I ask about the gift items and the rep had to go check with her team lead/supervisor where they tell me that the promotion I’m saying the order qualified for was not the promo in effect and something to the extent that they don’t give that many gift samples out. And that for me to get the 10 item gift, that I pretty much had to prove it. Not only is that ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, it is also EXTREMELY INSULTING.

For me the gift with purchase is just a bonus. But for my mom and my aunt who don’t make very much money, the gift with purchase is something they really look forward to when they make their Lancome purchase. It’s the only thing they ever splurge on and having to explain this incident to them... well how do tell them Lancome.com falsely advertise, then pretty much calls you a liar when you call to ask and that’s why you’re not getting your gift with purchase? How is the computer software of a multimillion dollar company not capable of showing what was really ordered including what was selected as a gift? How is there no record of it at all that I, the customer, have to prove it?

Apparently I’m not the only person they’ve scammed with their gift with purchase. Just look up Lancome.com complaints because I wish I had before making this mistake of ordering directly from them. The experience I’ve had with Lancome.com has left a bitter taste. I’m definitely going to consider using a different brand after I use up my products. Maybe I’ll convince the rest of my family too. Why support a company that doesn’t deliver what they promise?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have never had a worse experience with any other website. I tried ordering twice on the same day and the order didn’t go through because Lancôme’s system fail to send my CVV2 verification to my bank. The result? My money got held back and has not yet been released back to me. Alright, maybe they got blasted during the holidays, I’ll just use another payment method. I successfully completed this order and got an order confirmation. The next day I got an email stating that my order has been cancelled for no reason. I called their customer services and they said “There was no apparent reason why we cancelled your order so yeah, I don’t know”. And they never offered me an advice on what to do next. They basically just said, "Screw you, we will cancel anything for no reason if we want". Yup, this will be the last time I ever use Lancôme.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I like to use Lancôme products because they are high quality and stand up well. I use their mascara and although it is more expensive than others, it is worth it. Their mascara stays on and I like the color as it accents my eyes and makes my lashes look longer. I like their makeup as it doesn't cake and settle in the wrinkles on my face but diminish them so I have a nice smooth look overall and is more natural looking and lasts a long time.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Lancôme has many different colors available to choose from so that anyone can find a shade that looks good on them. It makes my skin look smooth and visibly clear. It also helps to moisturize my skin so that my skin stays hydrated, youthful and it makes me feel good. In addition, it helps to control any blemish outbreaks. Their products typically last the majority of the day for me but I would be happier if the pressed powder stayed on a bit longer as I live in a very hot and humid state. Lastly, they have a good to high-quality product, but can be quite expensive. I'm not at all sure the product is worth its purchase price and if I will continue to use it.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Lancôme has a lot of varieties in its shades and/or colors. Most of the time you cannot find the selection in the cheaper versions of makeup. This makeup makes my skin so soft and it doesn't dry my skin out or affect it the way some makeup does. That is the reason why I buy this brand of makeup the most. I have never had any problems with this makeup not staying put or coming off easily. I use it sparingly and for that reason I also use cheaper makeup with it to make it last for a longer period of time. It is a fair value for what you have to pay for it.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I like all the different products Lancôme has and the different levels of pricing for their products. Good prices for their products, wish it was cheaper though. They have great shades and different colors. I like to look at their different products and see what they have based on colors. I like all the options and different colors they offer. I like the way their products go on my skin and how it looks and feels. Their makeup really stays well on my skin, and for a long time. I never have had any negative effects from using their products or any discomfort to my skin. I am very satisfied with that aspect of their products.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Ever worry about your make up washing away from sweat or rain? Worry no more, Lancôme is here! Their makeup doesn't sweat off for a full day of makeup wear. They have such a variety of makeup that I find it extremely easy to match to anyone's skin tone from extremely fair to dark brown. It is also extremely gentle on skin and it doesn't matter if your skin is dry or oily. It does not dry out or cause breakouts and fits everyone's skin care needs. In addition, they have very fair prices and they make makeup that lasts and truly highlights people beauty. I would recommend them to almost anyone looking for high-quality makeup for an affordable price.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Lancôme is a great product and you pay for what you get. It is a little higher than some products but worth it. It is high quality and therefore cost a little more. They have any shade that someone would want. They have one for every skin shade and type. If you want a shade for work they have it and one for evening also. It is lightweight and feels comfortable on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or make your skin oily. You can freshen it up if you feel the need. It last all day and still looks and feels the same after 10-12 hours not like some other brands.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I find some things from Lancôme to be a little overpriced, like the makeup remover and the lotions, but I love all the makeup. I love the mascara compared to other brands. I have always been able to find the right shade for me and they come in every shade you can imagine. I have so many different blues, purples, greens as well as the basics, browns, golds and black. I love that the powders are all light and you can choose to have a scent or unscented. I sometimes have a little bit of irritation with some makeup, but I can wear Lancôme with no irritation. Sometimes the powder foundation needs to be reapplied, but the mascara has great staying power as well as the eye liner.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I love these waterproof eyeliners. I have been looking for some true long lasting, waterproof liners for a long time and they have great staying power even with my occasional watery eyes. They have really gone beyond my expectations. Also, they are cheaper than Chanel makeup. I'm extremely happy with my purchase!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Lancome has many shades and colors available. I like that I can find many shades and great prices. Money is tight and it is great that I am able to save money since it's less expensive. It lasts all day long and lasts longer than the most than the expensive ones out on the market. Also, it does not dry out like others. I do not see my skin breaking out and it shows on my face. I hope it keeps up the great work.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

This stuff is absolutely worth the money! If I didn't find Lancôme I'd still be using the same irritating skincare products. This is genuinely calming and good. The foundation, concealers, and powders come in marvelous range shades! Me being in between light and dark it can be hard to find the right fit for foundation.

Considering it's oil-free and water-based it's less likely to cause zits and unwanted breakouts. I've never had trouble with this foundation. It's a good foundation and goes on smooth. Just dampen the application if you're using a sponge then apply. It stays for a while. I'd recommend using a primer with though for extra staying power!

Lancome Company Information