2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Lancome Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lancome?

Original review: May 23, 2020

Lancome has the best beauty box because it comes with just the right amount of stuff. Mascara face cleanser moisturizer lip gloss and makeup remover and they trial sizes last almost 6 months! The beauty bag always comes with a shiny enlarge makeup bag that zips shut and fits perfectly with any luggage or alongside a purse. The best ones have built in mirrors. Then of course your get extra points for making the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

In the past I purchased modest pricing skincare and cosmetics after convincing myself that Lancôme was just too expensive. One day I decided to try out the Lancôme mascara even though higher priced that other brands. The Lancôme mascara enhanced my lashes and I have been purchasing only Lancôme mascaras for 6 years now and will be trying out anything but this mascara! Next, I decided to try out the Lancôme Serum even though way out of my budget and the appearance of my wrinkles and texture for my face have greatly improved! May be expensive but you use very little over the face and the bottle I purchased a year ago is still half full so will probably last another year!

Just thinking about the many cosmetics I would have purchased at less cost over the past year assured me I would have paid out twice the amount for skin care and most likely would have discarded the other brands to try something new in hopes for results I haven’t seen over the years. Many years of purchasing cosmetics and skin care compare to the Lancôme purchases assure me of a lot more money spent on other brands just to throw them away convince me the extra expense for Lancôme products are a much better choice! I won’t be wasting my hard earned money on other brands ever again! I am learning the extra expense for quality purchases is to go with the name brand high end products that are better choices.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

They have classic staples of fragrance and cosmetics that never go out of style. But they also get rid of items too frequently like the sparkly wand that made my face and eyes shine. Love their life is beautiful fragrance line.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Lancôme products can be used on all types of skin types. You can see the results almost immediately. The complete line is diverse. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out from most products. Lancôme can be used on sensitive skin - I do not have break out issues from Lancôme. The sales reps are informed and know what product to offer you for your skin. The products also cover all age ranges.

Original review: June 21, 2020

The fragrance in the cream is strong. I don’t like the smell and it is causing my eyes to water and my cheeks are burning. This is the first reaction I’ve had to any face product I have used in the past 25+ years. Returning it to the store tomorrow!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I can tell this was the worst experience in my life with an simple online order. Item purchased a long time ago was not received yet. Emails sent to Lancome were not answered. Chat support gave wrong info about the shipping to ease me by saying the item would be shipped on the same day I was chatting with them but nothing happened. So, I end up buying another item to give as a birthday gift and after all conversation and cancellation be requested Lancome shipped the item disregarding all communication and will charge me of the product cost. I easily spent more than 30 minutes to get connected with Lancome chat service since phone calls and emails were never answered.

Now, I have to deal with the risk of item be rejected for return, return shipping cost, and all this time spent for nothing. Lancome simple disregarded all communication and requests. Be aware when ordering Lancome products online and keep at least a month to get your product. Very disappointed with Lancome service and hours spent for nothing. We like Lancome products but this experience and care with customer may change our mind.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I bought Lancôme la vie belle on the 20th of May, and was shown the shipping will come around 28th of May. On the 26th of May I received a shipping notification, I went straight to UPS to check the status was it showed that even though the tracking was generated it wasn’t dropped off at the office. I waited a full week and checked back and still nothing. I tried to reach the customer service and was placed on hold for over an hour no response. Today is June 4th, I tried again and waited over an hour again, no response, UPS shows the perfume haven’t been dropped off so no date. I tried to cancel purchase and it says I can’t cancel and no one will get back to me. This is just horrible and I totally regret patronizing them. The MAC product I got almost a week after my purchase was delivered promptly. So they have no excuse. Please do not patronize as you will regret it.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Updated on 06/04/2020: Last week Lancôme offered a 25% off their products. I tried several times to order a bottle of Poem fragrance and their site was not working. I have called their customer service 3 different times. The first time I was placed on hold for 2:30 hours. They never answered and I had to hang up. The second call I was on hold for 2 hours and a female finally answered. She offered me a free small sample but could not help me from her home. They are working from their home and can not place an order. I tried to order again on their site and no luck. Called again and on hold for 2:15 minutes. She finally answered and told me she could not help me because they have no way of ordering anything even though I called the extension to order a product. Very disappointed in their customer service.

Original Review: On Saturday, May 30, 2020, I attempted to order a large bottle of Poem for my wife with the 25% off sale. I tried to purchase the product many times online but it would not work. Then I called their chat line for a verbal order. I was placed on hold for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I had to get on with my life so I had to hang up. I have sent messages and tried every attempt for service. I can actually say this is the worst service I have EVER experienced in my life! If this is how Lancôme operates all the time, I don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: May 9, 2020

2 hr wait time on their customer service call and they still did not answer. I did however get on their chat after waiting 48 minutes. Thought I would try both at the same time just for a kick. See who answered first. I had been on the phone 1:15. They always offer a free gift sample and on the website order omitted that option. So much for their "Always a free gift in every order"... lie. I called the next day and the young man assured me the free gift of eye cream would be included in my order....He lied....

I emailed them with the situation when I received my order (which by other reviews is kind of iffy that you even receive your "order" so I count myself lucky)....I still have not heard back a week later....They do not even answer their emails....I like the face cream but I bet I can find another company that has better customer service.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Ordered on 5/3/20, and quickly received an order confirmation. That's it. Our Mother's Day gift has not even shipped yet. Spent 1.25 hours waiting for Customer Service for an update - they hung up. Trying to connect to chat - 3 hours and waiting. I suspect Lancome has no idea how to efficiently run their e-commerce business. They use COVID as an excuse to cover up their failures, and hope their customers have patience and forgiveness. Please try and order from a department store, and cross your fingers. Don't be logical and think that the bright idea of ordering directly from the source will give you any advantage.

Lancome Company Information