2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,124 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Best price cut for your money. Bought a diamond earring and a watch. It was mark 50 percent off. That just made my day. I would consider of buying jewelry again and on top of that you get an extra 20 percent when you purchase back to their store.

Original review: April 14, 2020

You can find some really nice things @ Koh'ls @ affordable prices. Customer service is friendly & very helpful. They carry several brands & great sales. I always get "Kohl's cash" to use on future purchases.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I think Kohl's is a very good store. Their products have very good quality and they have good sales. Kohl's has a good atmosphere in which to shop. It is usually the department store I would go to over other department stores because of its sales and its quality in its merchandise.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was very pleased and amazed at the same time with the efficiency of the online process especially for in store pickup. They made it so easy for me to search their website by category browse through the items to get what I want in a matter of a couple hours. The checkout online process was also very nice and easy. You can apply multiple coupons and promo codes on the order. I would highly recommend Kohl's. Great store with great promotions and organized online for in store pickup as well as items being shipped to me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This company will no longer be my store of choice for buying items from anymore. Since I realized that they refuse to carry an American manufactured company My Pillow products due to a difference in political views. This is bigotry! The Kohl's company is shameful and I hope they go bankrupt after this! Goodbye to Kohls as they will never see a dime of my money! I will order directly through my pillow for my purchases from now on.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I just closed my account, uninstalled their app, and opted out of any further communication. Customer service is awful! It's been going downhill for years now and I've had enough. It appears I can add an image on the next screen. Bear in mind, I've been a Kohl's shopper for 10+ years and this was my first late payment by one day.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I made a purchase online for a Christmas gift. When I attempted to return it, I discovered that it can only be returned in person without penalty. If I choose to return it by mail, I would have to pay postage. Their return slips are archaic and they don't even provide a preprinted shipping label! I don't understand why free returns via mail during a pandemic is not available for online purchases. All other companies provide this service. Why not Kohl's? I DO NOT want to go in the store due to health reasons. I am not a frequent shopper of Kohls. After realizing this, consider my potential business nonexistent.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered two toddler coats together from Kohl’s on Nov. 30, 2020. One of the coats arrived about 1 week after ordering. Today is Dec. 22nd and the other coat is yet to be delivered. Thinking the coat would arrive any day, I did not go buy another coat. There is no accurate tracking number for it to keep up with its location. The coats were shipped out by 2 different carriers for some reason that Kohl’s did not explain why. The missing in action coat was shipped through Pitney Bowes. It has past two promised delivery dates. The only information I can see on the coat is showing it has been sitting in Greenwood, IN. Every order I placed in October, November, and December from Amazon has arrived either arrived early or on the date they gave me. It has been so cold. I wish I had used Amazon to buy the coats.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

CONSUMER ALERT! Ordered a Roomba online and was charged to my Kohl’s credit card $390. Over the course of the following weeks, I received emails stating that I received $105 Kohl’s cash for that purchase; however, it needed to be used prior to expiration. On the last day of expiration, I received multiple emails stating I should use my bonus Kohl’s cash before it expired that evening. Being practical, I thought I would purchase an ironing board. I was shocked to find it cost $100. Their ad stated it would be 30% off. When I went to order, my Kohl’s cash would not accept the discount. I paid $105 in Kohl’s cash (advertised to me as bonus money) plus charged to my credit card was $11.95! Why? Because, I had to pay shipping of $8.95 due to the Kohl’s cash and the additional sales tax!

Right before Christmas, I learned the roomba I purchased was not the one I thought and was over-priced (based on local competition). I had not opened either item. I took both purchases unopened and both receipts to the local Kohl’s store. I was told I could only have $265 returned to my credit card! I could have $105 in Kohl's cash to use in the next 30 days. Excuse me? I’ve paid $401. You will credit me $265? And, $265 plus $105 does NOT equate to $401. Why? Kohl's does not return tax on Kohl's cash purchases! They were rude, told me it’s how their system works. It’s because I used the Kohl’s cash. I explained I did not ask for the Kohl’s cash. It was in their persistent email/ad that I made any effort to use it at the last minute.

But, most importantly, both items unopened and both receipts are returned to Kohl's within weeks and my Kohl's credit card bill has not even been due yet. But, THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY FULL CREDIT. AND, doesn’t the government understand or all consumers, THEY DO NOT RETURN SALES TAX ON KOHLS CASH PURCHASES. HOW IS THAT LEGAL?!?

I went home, made my best effort to reach someone at corporate. No one responded to emails. I reached someone online who told me that I was correct. In short, he said, if I have both items unopened and both receipts, I receive full credit on my Kohls credit card. We went to the other local Kohl's store. The manager would not come to the service desk and discuss with us. The girl at the desk was told to tell us the people online do not know how things work. I asked for a number to reach corporate. She gave me a phone number. It was generic. I reached with pushing buttons a ‘refund inquiry’ department. On hold, over and over, the message was ‘we follow our return policies. Your return may only come as Kohls's cash. 'Hmmm...'

After 30 minutes on hold, when asked how he could help me, I began my story. He told me he only works with thefts. He’d send me to the executive office to leave my name and number. This time, the phone answered immediately to nothing but a voicemail to leave a name and number, then, click. I left my name and number. Never heard from them. This is a BIGGER ISSUE THAN ME. CONSUMER ALERT!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

My issue started when I went online to make an order. At the conclusion of the order everything was approved and I received the confirmation email. 2 hours later I received an email saying my order had been cancelled, but no explanation to why. I assumed there was an issue with my card so I made the order again using a different card. Same story. Confirmation email, delay, order cancelled with no explanation. I had a gift card from Kohl's so I just went to the store and made a purchase of a similar item. I received Kohls cash from my purchase, yaay! So at the designated time I AGAIN went online to make an order of different items (it's Covid-19 out there so I'm trying to stay online vs in person, but Kohls makes it too hard).

AGAIN the order using Kohl's cash went through and then cancelled so I AGAIN went to the store. I spent an hour locating similar shirts and when I went through the line to use the Kohls cash, the teller said it had been spent! She called a manager that explained that the Kohl's cash would take 2 days or so to reload, but they gave me a customer service # to call. I called the number, the agents transferred me around and eventually made my order with a confirmation # that did not get cancelled. This was on Nov 29th.

On Dec 2nd I received an email saying my entire order had shipped! GREAT! WELL today is Dec 21st and I STILL have not received the order. Called customer service who could not tell me anything and she transferred me to a .com rep who said my order was scheduled for delivery between Dec 3rd-Dec16th and they could not do any research until 12 days AFTER Dec 16th which will be Dec 28th and a MONTH after making my order. Since Nov 29th I have ordered online from Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc and have already received those orders. What are they doing that Kohls.com is not? I have wasted SOOO much time with this and even more writing these reviews. No one has offered to do anything extra regarding my wait or my experience. I am definitely not a satisfied customer and have already begun taking my business elsewhere.

Kohl's Company Information