2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: April 20, 2019

(Clearly Online it said that they do have it in store pick up only, no deliveries) FRIGIDAIRE FFRA0522R1 A/C with remote control for $129. At Store #420 Kmart Of Bruckner Blvd Bx NY.10473 I arrive the same day for pick up in store. Spoke to the manager. She said to order it online and that they don’t have it. I asked her why they do this and that it’s a waste of time having this online. She replied, "I don’t know". I placed the order online, the following day I received a confirmation email saying that item has arrived for pick up.

I arrived happy and again the bomb “boom” nothing. I spoke to manager again and she told me she couldn’t do nothing and that the only thing she could do for me is to take a manual A/C they had for the one I paid online for. She tells me again, "You could either take this manual A/C or get your money back. We don’t have it." What a waste of time. No wonder they going out of business after so many years buying off from Kmart wow. Bad experience and the main thing (False Advertising) of appliances.

Original review: April 1, 2019

On 3/31/2019 I was shopping for dog food and while browsing I found a box filled with RAWHIDE EXPRESS 105201 Large Rawhide Baguette Beef Filled for Pets, 8-Inch bones. The tags on them say best used by 2017. That is almost 2 years expired. Now I’m no professional but I’m sure that it can’t be healthy or good for any dog or anyone to consume food that is out of date by 2 years.

This is not the first time I’ve found expired dog food at this Kmart. A few month ago I found a bunch and complained to have the manager tell me he would fix the issue but clearly the issue has not been fixed. When I brought this to a employees attention I was treated badly as the associate Jacob responded with, "I’m only 17. I can’t do anything about that" and walked away from me. Then another associate said, "We don’t own this store" and walked away. I asked for a manager but was told they are busy with an employee who just had a seizure and I was shunned away. As clearly no one there cares if they sell expired food products that can potentially harm or kill a innocent animal.

About 30 mins later I called and spoke to a manager who clearly did not care and sounded like she was laughing at what I had to say as she said she was gonna go check the food there and said the reason I found that is because they are short staffed but I saw 6 employees doing nothing up at the registers.. The lack of customer service here on top of expired food is unacceptable. I didn’t even get a apology. I was blown off. I picked up the box and put it behind two double doors right by pet department. Hopefully someone will not put it back out.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I had placed an order through WhyNotLeaseIt. I got most of my items. I did not get my tv. Said that it would be here February 20th and here 8 days later they switched the shipper and they sent me the wrong tracking number. Was on the phone with them and they couldn’t give me any information. I am very unhappy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Non existent staff. One register only even when 10 people are in line. Part of the store was closed off, cramping the rest. Filthy restrooms next to food area. Mis-tagged items. Paid $45 for two shirts that were tagged $12 each. Even online Kmart advertised those same shirts at $17 each. But I was too busy to return and I purchased items for a job event the next morning so I was stuck. Shouldn't have to scan my receipt for errors before leaving the store. This place is a joke. Needs to close already.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased items from Kmart online and returned most of them to the Kalgoorlie store on 17th January 2019. As I paid via AfterPay I was told that my refund of $72.00 would take approx. 5 business days to reflect on my AfterPay account which sounded acceptable. On the 31st of January 2019 I still have not received my refund so I called the online shopping customer service centre. The agent I spoke to profusely apologised that the refund has not been processed and requested a screenshot of the refund receipt to facilitate her to have it processed that same day. I only received confirmation of that they received said refund receipt on the 8th of February 2019 which stated that it would take up to 5 business days for the funds to be returned to my account.

On the 18th of February 2019 I still have not received my refund so once again I called the online customer service centre. Again, the customer service representative apologised that it has not yet been processed and assured me that she had escalated it to be processed the same day and that I would receive an email confirming that the refund has been processed within the next 5 to 10 minutes.

The following day, still not having received an email confirmation I called again. A customer service agent named Ifra noted that it still had not been processed only to give me the same assurance as the previous agent I spoke to that it would be processed the same day. I informed her that the service was unacceptable. I requested to speak to a supervisor after which I was forwarded to a voicemail which disconnected before I could even say 10 words. I then received an email from AfterPay that a refund of $3.00 from Kmart has been made to my account. Awesome Kmart, only $69.00 more to go!!! And by the way, your online service centre is clearly useless.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a TV on November 23rd for delivery by December 5th. It’s December 18th and still no TV. I’ve called every day and can’t seem to get anyone who speaks English and they refuse to get me a Supervisor or someone who does. They finally sent my info to the Online Escalation Dept to get me some answers. Last week I received an email that my item shipped, but the shipping company’s tracking system was down. The same day I received a notice from Kmart that an item I was looking for was back in stock. It was the TV I had been waiting for. Why couldn’t they just tell me they sold out!!

Still no TV so I called the shipping company. They have no order in the system for me. I have been lied to repeatedly and I’m out a lot of money and can’t get any answers. DO NOT order from them unless you don’t need the item when they say it will come. You will be very disappointed! And now here’s another reason why their overall rating is a ONE star. They don’t care!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I'd love to give an actual review of the two toys I bought for my daughter for Christmas, but I haven't received them yet! Layaway was paid 11/26 and it is 12/12. Customer Service chat is a joke - not helpful and very difficult to understand. After I kept arguing saying it is past the 7-10 business days, I was told (3 times) the agent finally said, "Oh - I see the 10th day passed (12/7)." Hello!!! Never buying from them again. No wonder they are going under!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Kmart is terrible at online order. They take forever to send you your order. And when it is finally at their store they will still lose it when you go pick it up. Very disorganize and if they dont have the product you ordered online they will send you a completely different order. They even sent me a pair of shoes with the tags saying the size I wanted but within the sole of the shoes was a completely different size. Never shop at the Kmart in Stockton Ca. They won't even go to the back to check for your correct order and just throw a refund at you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The old lady Rose, at customer service was the most awful experience I and my husband ever had. Mind you we are seniors ourself. We went to return two pair of boots. She started yelling because she smelled pot on my husband. My husband who is 66 years old has a pot card to buy pot. Well Rose decided to go off and yell that she smells pot and she was rude and she was doing all of this in front of other customers. We have never been so mortified. We will never go to the Kmart at Somerville, MA ever again. I hope they all close down.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am pissed that they are closing. The Kmart in North Versailles is near me. I shop in Kmart all the time. There are thing I cannot buy online! I need to try things on before. I buy clothes and shoes. I won’t need my Shop Your Way card anymore because I will not shop online. The only thing I didn’t buy at Kmart was underwear. They were stiff and ran small. There has to be another store then North Versailles!

Kmart Company Information