3.22/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kmart

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kmart Reviews

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I pride myself on starting my Christmas shopping as soon as all our gifts have been opened Christmas day. Being a family of five with not so great pay, I place items on layaway so I can get my family what they need and hopefully a few wants. But this year, they'll be lucky to get 4 gifts each. I always assumed by having layaway it meant the item I wanted would be held until I've completed my agreed upon amount, then it would be shipped to me. But not with Sears/Kmart. They failed to hold up to their own contract. They sold out of multiple items and decided to cancel my layaways without notifying me and NEVER returned my money. I've been fighting with them for 2 months until they sent me a check which made me ecstatic but behold, NO ONE, not even KMart could cash the check. The reason? They didn't print the numbers correctly on the check.

I've now been fighting to get the money returned to my account instead of a paper check, but they can't. Why? Because it should have been done when they canceled ALL 4 layaways. So here we are, in the middle of November with nothing to put under the tree. Thanks a lot, Sears/Kmart. I'll NEVER do business with you again and I will make it a point to tell the entire country how you ruined my family's Christmas.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought two Halloween items on 11/6/18, tried to return them on 11/9/18. They refused my return because they are holiday items - which I bought AFTER the holiday. There is absolutely NOTHING on my receipt saying they would not be returnable, Kmart customer service just said "That is our policy." My receipt states items are returnable within 30 days. I feel deceived and they can make up anything excuse they want, horrible customer service. You lost a customer when you should be bending over backwards to keep customers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I love this Kmart in Stevensville, MD 21666. I walked in the store on Monday, November 5th at approximately 7:30pm and the staff was outstanding. Ms. Kathy, the supervisor, and her entire staff in the women's department was extremely helpful, very pleasant, and knowledgeable of all of the products that I was interested in or just had questions about. I live an hour away and always find a reason to stop and shop at this Kmart whenever I am in the area.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

For the first time ever I ordered from kmart.com. My mother wanted specific shoes that they carry. I ordered 2 pair of white as a gift. When the order arrived they were gray! Mom said she would keep 1 gray but really wanted white. I called customer service. I spoke to someone whose English was not good. After nearly 15 minutes he was able to send me a label to return the shoes. At this point he felt he was done, completely forgetting I had asked to get the shoes I had originally ordered. Once he figured out how to get me the replacements, we hung up, only to find he charged me $6 more than I originally paid! I am too frustrated to even call back and try to get a price adjustment. I hope the shoes actually show up and are correct. Never ever will shop with Kmart or Sears again. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

It is as if they put clearance items out, but don't really want you to buy them. I have at times had multiple clearance items at the register. The cashiers have to call a manager to get an override and do something in the register, press something like sale date. Sometimes the line can get backed up waiting for the manager and this can be very embarrassing, This has happened more than once in the Bridgehampton NY store. They need a better system for checking out clearance items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Since July 17, when I placed an order with Kmart for a Bed-in-a-bag for my daughter, I have had nothing but aggravation! First, they sent my order to Florida and I live in Doylestown, Pennsylvania (with absolutely no connection to Florida!). 2nd, when August 16 came around and still no order, I had to go to a store and purchase another bed in the bag set (mind you I already paid Kmart $80 + dollars). Third, they told me I received my order which I myself tracked to Fl and had to tell them! It's now September 5, I have not received my refund and the company either texts me or calls me every day with questions!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Over the years we had received good quality and value from Kmart brand products and good service from the stores. However, in recent years there has been a steep decline in product quality with company policies that seem to run contrary to the interest of keeping customers. Maybe it's from nostalgia for the old days or perhaps misplaced pity or foolish loyalty, but it felt sad to see so many Kmart stores closing and sad to think about all the people who will be losing their jobs as the result. So, I made a "good-faith" conscious decision to buy a small piece of furniture from Kmart online. I was happy to see that the style and model of chest that I wanted was still available, and more so that it would be available for pick up at a local store the same day!

Knowing that websites aren't always updated in a timely fashion, I decided to call the store to confirm that the item was in stock - YES! So, despite the fact that the so-called local Kmart is quite a distance away from our house (our own truly local Kmart closed YEARS ago in one of the first waves of closures) we decided it was worth it to make an online order. We picked up the item and didn't expect for there to be any problem. However, once the box was opened we noticed that significant parts were missing. We've had that happen before with other brands of assemble-at-home furnishing, but have always been able to call a manufacturer's phone number to request replacement parts. We tried to do that this time but couldn't, because the chest was manufactured in Brazil and there was nobody there who could speak English to us! And we don't speak Portuguese!

On closer inspection of the instruction sheets, it became apparent that the although the sketches of the chest were very similar, this kit WAS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE WE HAD ORDERED! What we received was produced by a different manufacturer! This surely felt like bait-and-switch. So, I tried to do live chat on the Kmart website. Took a very long time for someone to connect, had difficulty retrieving the order number (didn't already have it handy) then got disconnected. Tried to contact them again, waited around and then gave up.

Is it any wonder that the company is having problems? Why can't retailers see that the key to having a thriving business is to treat the customer well? Customers may not always be right, but they are not totally stupid either. Poor customer service and shoddy workmanship will ultimately drive customers into the arms of competitors.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Have been a long time customer of Kmart and Shop Your Way rewards. As of recent, points earned have not been received, orders were missing items and after calling 6 times, was either hung up on or put on hold for over a hour with no return, after speaking with Shop Your Way customer service, there was nothing they could do about the 37.00$ in points I didn't receive, not the 12.00$ in points that mysteriously disappeared from my account.

Finally received an email that 14.00 would be refunded for the missing comforter (yes the 38$ comforter set was missing the comforter). I am not sure how they came up with that amount for the mail item in the set, but not only did they refund 14.00 but they took 12.00 back in points that were awarded for this purchase. So all in all, I received a refund of 2.00 and never received my cash back points of 27.00 for the purchase. No wonder the store is going out of business and no longer care about the reputation of their business to their valued customers. I personally will not be returning back as a customer.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had placed an item on layaway over a month ago. I admit, I was late on last payment. According to my contract agreement on my receipt it states, "Merchandise would be returned to stock 7 days after due date." When I realized I had forgotten to make my payment, I attempted to pay it online. Their website is a joke so don’t bother thinking you will get anywhere on that thing. Anyway, so I called the store because I wouldn’t be able to get to the store to make the payment until 8 days after payment due date and wanted to see if it could be held for just one more day. Only to discover item was already returned to stock. I was told there is only a 5 day grace period. I said, "My contract says 7! I was also told 7 when I placed the item on layaway." The woman said, “oh, that was changed, but we never bothered to update the contract.”

If you look at their website for contract details it states a 14 day grace period. She was kind of snippy and made a comment about it being late. She ended the conversation with saying there was nothing she could do, it’s all done electronically and they have no control over it. Again, I realize I was late and that is 100% my fault. However, is it supposed to be no big deal that they change their policies but offer no updates to the consumer? This isn’t the first time I have had issues with this chain but have gone back here and there in hopes things would have improved only to be disappointed. At one time I was sad that so many Kmart stores have been closing. Mainly because they are the only store that has layaway and sometimes that comes in handy. But I will not be returning to Kmart.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I ordered 5 pack of tank tops from Kmart. Hanes brand. When I received package it was new but it was only for 4 Tank tops. I had to go to store and make an even exchange with correct item 5 tank tops as my order says. However upon the customer service reviewing my order I not only had to go out of my way to get this item but they charged me $1.15 extra to make the exchange. Next time I'll go to store to make the purchase. Saves me on shipping cost.

Kmart Company Information