Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.53/5

Kay Jewelers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Amazed and touched by their generosity. Kay's had a National Cat Day post on Facebook, I replied with a collage of my kitties, they loved my post and gifted me with a free pair of black and white diamond paw earrings...just because! I had them shipped to me in TWO days...and it included a HANDWRITTEN note. I already buy all my good jewelry at Kay, that for sure won't be changing! Thanks Kay!!! That's some pretty awesome marketing and customer appreciation work!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Wedding ring upgrade. The manager at the Paddock Mall In Ocala FL was absolutely amazing. She spent three hours helping us along with another employee. We ran into a few issues. One ring I wanted they just ran out, then I found another one and went to purchase it and it sold online that quick. They did not give up and we finally found something that I love. Needless to say they were extremely helpful and tried their best to help me find exactly what I wanted. Thank you ladies, I can’t wait to come pick up my ring on a few days!!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This was the 4th jeweler I went to to have my wedding set repaired. Not only did they repair the rings to new, it was well above my expectations. The rings look as new as they did 25 years ago. On top of that, the store manager was so concerned with the delivery of my ring on schedule that she personally went to pick up the ring herself. Kay Jewelers will be the ONLY jeweler I deal with now because of their service and the trust I have in them. This is the Kay's at the Berkshire Mall, Wyomissing, PA.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We got my engagement ring on 1-1-19. A double halo pear shaped rose gold Neil lane engagement ring. Center stone is 1/2 carat. Total weight is 1 1/4 carat. The sales representative was able to get me a discount to get me under the $4000.00 credit line I had with Kay, but I was unable to afford the ESP at that time. He did tell me I had 14 days from the date of purchase to come back and buy if I wanted. He also told me to keep an eye out for any upcoming sales as they would do their best to match the sales price if it was within 60 days of purchase. Lo and behold, on the 9th if January, Kay’s ran a 20% off all engagement and wedding jewelry. As instructed, I took my ring, receipt, and all original packaging back to the Eastland Mall Bloomington Il store and the manager and her staff were more than accommodating. I was able to get my ring at the 20% off price and purchase the ESP and still come in 191$ under my original purchase price. She cleaned and inspected the ring, gave me my refund to my card and I was out the door in les than 15 minutes. I see so many terrible reviews about Kay....I have had nothing but good experiences so far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My husband bought me a 14k gold round stone engagement ring with total of 16 diamonds in October 2016. It has been 2.3 years that I have had this ring on my finger. I rarely take it off except when I go in to have it inspected. It still looks gorgeous and none of the stones are loose or have fallen out. I have never had a problem with Kay's yet and hope it stays that way!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kay Jewelers?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

On September 28th I ordered a ring for my husband for our 50th anniversary. They sent out for the proper size and engraving. I called and stopped by several times and was told it was out for engraving and would be ready before the end of October. I called on November 11th and was told that they “thought they saw it somewhere” and would look for it. I called the corporate office who called and had them find it. Thanks for turning a Joyful surprise into something stressful for me. Amy **.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I visited the Easton Location in Columbus, Ohio on 11/4/19, as my Forever Us Ring and Band needed a repair for the 3rd time. Needless to say, this is the LAST time I will visit any Kay Store, much less purchase anything from them. The Manager on Duty stated that he couldn't find record of me coming in for my prior 6 month inspection. After humiliating me in front of other Kay Customers, by asking to see my cell phone to look at my emails to make sure I was telling the truth about receiving emails from Kay, he blatantly called me a liar. I said, "Sir, can you please review the footage from the day that I was in the store?" He responded, "No, why would I go to that length for you? I am not in the business of giving things away." He said that he thinks that the Employee just got busy and forgot to log in my visit, but that it was my responsibility to wait at the store and make sure that he logged it.

I said, "Sir, I spend a lot of money on this ring and this would be the 3rd time that it needs repaired, so why would I not come in to get it inspected every six months?" I said, "You can see from your records that I have never missed an inspection before, since I have purchased it." His response was "that is not my problem, you can pay to get it repaired if you want". I have never been so embarrassed before in my life about the way he was acting and the way that he claimed that I was being dishonest. I would NOT recommend anyone going here for any expensive purchases. I plan on warning everyone I know about how customers are treated at Kay. Please learn from my mistakes of buying jewelry from this Business.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

One wedding band sent to replace diamond, engagement ring and another wedding band sent to have dipped. All size 7. One wedding band came back size 4! They insisted I had to sign their iPad that I received all rings and then they would send back one ring to have fixed. I insisted that they note what happened before I signed they said they couldn’t do that. Not even an apology! They said they didn’t do it, it was the place that did the repairs.

Other problems, they called my house telling me rings were ready day before, I called before going they said pick up any time. When I arrived they gave me one ring and said I was good, I reminded them I had 3 rings they said I would have to come back for other 2. Finally they opened a UPS box that was sitting there and the other two rings were in there. Mind you one worker was on her phone when I went in and the other (manager) was sitting there. Also their iPads would not work, had to keep submitting pics and signatures more than three times.

The pics they took were purple and did not show details of rings at all. Overall took 1 hour and again not even an apology! After now reading reviews I feel I should have my rings checked to be sure they were dipped in 14 k white gold and my diamonds weren’t switched!!!! Horrible experience and not over because they still have to fix my wedding band that they cut up!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My daughter's wedding ring came from Kay's. 1st Diamond fell out..2nd time loose prongs..3rd time loose diamonds. Had it back 2 days and NOW diamond fell out. They have had it longer then she has told her it's because she sleeps in it. Not their fault. Very rude. Told her no one can help her. Just take it back to the store see if they want to replace it.. I advise you really look at the customer service of the jewelry store before buying. They my have a lot of stars but do you want to be the next unlucky bride? Kay's is not very will to better the problem.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

At the end of December, my partner bought me a topaz set which included ring, necklace, and earrings. He also purchased the extended plan which we thought would cover everything if something happened to the jewelry. I maybe have worn the set five times since he purchased it. One night after wearing it, I put the ring in my jewelry box without looking at it. A few weeks later I decided to wear the ring and discovered that the topaz stone was missing. I have no idea where it fell out.

We went back to Kay Jewelers in Tigard, Oregon only to be told that the extended plan did not cover replacement of the topaz stones. I don't recall that we were told this when my partner bought the set and the extended plan. The employee told us that purchasing another stone would be around $80.00 (which by the way was only slightly more than the cost of the extended plan). I asked him why would we purchase a stone for a ring whose prongs are set such that a stone fell out of it. He said that sterling silver was a softer material than gold. In my 30 plus years of purchasing jewelry, I have never had a stone fall out of a ring. I do have other sterling silver rings. Also, why would Kay Jewelers sell a customer a ring which is not going to last if they feel that sterling is a softer material. We won't be going back there.

Kay Jewelers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kay is a jewelry company owned by Signet Jewelers that was founded in 1916, and the company is headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio. It is one of America's biggest jewelry store chains with retail stores located in large shopping malls, and it also offers customers online shopping for a range of jewelry products.

• Design-a-ring: Kay lets customers design their own rings so they can ensure their wedding or engagement rings are unique.

• Personalization services: The company personalizes jewelry for customers, including adding monograms or engraving special messages into jewelry pieces to make them one of a kind or tailored for a specific person.

• Style finder: Customers can take advantage of Kay's Style Finder, which helps them find the right jewelry product they are buying as a gift or for themselves.

• Extended service plan: The company provides customers who purchase and own their jewelry a number of services, and by purchasing an extended service plan, these customers can take advantage of the jewelers' services for the life of the product. These services include cleaning, repair, watch tuning, damage checks, refurbishment and more.

• Credit options: Kay offers customers credit options to help them finance their purchases.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs